PDA

View Full Version : Worst goalkeeper

blackhibee
31-12-2009, 04:15 PM
A lot of people were somewhat justifiably critical of Maka's performance against the Huns. But who do you think really is the worst keeper out of this lot?

Bobo
31-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Voted Maka but could have been a close one if Tony Caig had been there.

Betty Boop
31-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Zibi!

Broken Gnome
31-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Genuinely think Simon Brown was the worst keeper. Even Zibi had the odd redeeming feature, Maka certainly does. Simon Brown was awful.

NOLA
31-12-2009, 04:31 PM
olly the basketball player for me was the worst!

TornadoHibby
31-12-2009, 04:36 PM
A lot of people were somewhat justifiably critical of Maka's performance against the Huns. But who do you think really is the worst keeper out of this lot?

Can't help wondering what it is that you are seriously seeking to achieve with this kind of nonsense? :confused:

Taking your words literally you are asking people to assess a few Hibs keepers against each other with one (apparently) to be "assessed" based upon one match where, depedning upon your objective(s), the keeper concerned may not have been culpable for any of the goals but his defenders could have done seriously better for all four! :confused:

Leave the guy alone why don't you!? :cool2:

Not going out tonight? :wink:

It's a big night in the real world you know!! :cool2: :greengrin

PS I didn't vote.

Houchy
31-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Genuinely think Simon Brown was the worst keeper. Even Zibi had the odd redeeming feature, Maka certainly does. Simon Brown was awful.

Me too. I remember him in what I think was prbably his last game where he had 3 total schoolboy howlers against Rangers (2 Charlie Adam free kicks specifically).

Broken Gnome
31-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Me too. I remember him in what I think was prbably his last game where he had 3 total schoolboy howlers against Rangers (2 Charlie Adam free kicks specifically).

His tendency to, in light of most logic telling a goalkeeper to stay big in one on one situations, lie flat on the ground was also a main contributor. See goals at Dunfermline and Kilmarnock in 2004. Least said about Lee Miller at Tynecastle the better.

500miles
31-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Simon Brown has been easily forgiven as he was part of a more successful, young team. TM also realised that he was dodgy, and so replaced him quickly with better goalkeeper - Zibi. Zibi and Maka were exposed for longer, making thier faults much clearer. Gotskalksson was also useless. So bad, I actually went to a Hallowe'en party dressed as him when I was 9.

Worst of the lot was Brown though.

AK86
31-12-2009, 04:53 PM
I take it not many folk seen Ollie "never a" goalie

CropleyWasGod
31-12-2009, 05:18 PM
Amateurs, the lot of 'em.

Roddy McKenzie would have them all for breakfast.

Danderhall Hibs
31-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Got to be Zibi. One good game apart (ICT at home I think) he was always pish.

Brown gets a hard time but I think he only made 3 or 4 mistakes - he also made a lot of really good saves.

Maka can be a good keeper but you just know he's going to throw one in every 3rd or 4th match,

Pretty Boy
31-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Zibi by a nose from Brown. Olli was pretty decent in the 1st division but was never premier league quality. Makalambay is still young but IMO is not ready for the SPL, think he needs a fresh start elsewhere or to sign a new deal then go on loan to a 1st division team to toughen up for a year.

PC Stamp
31-12-2009, 06:00 PM

That was uncalled for :greengrin
And it's not the Roddy McKenzie from Livi (for our younger viewers)!

Hearts 0 Hibernian 7 - Jan 1st 1973 :thumbsup:

Next game between the teams at Tynecastle, Sept 1973 IIRC? .......

Hearts 4 (McKenzie 3 og's, Schaedler og) Hibernian 1 :boo hoo:

He came from Airdrie and played 7 first team games which was 6 too many!! Clydebank fortunately were daft enough to take him off our hands!

Toaods
31-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Got to be Zibi. One good game apart (ICT at home I think) he was always pish.

not true - he was outstanding against the Old Firm on a few occassions, particularly one game at Parkhead where some of his saves were incredible. Also recall him having a fantastic game at ER v Aberdeen.

Prof. Shaggy
31-12-2009, 06:09 PM
I haven't voted as I don't tend to think of Hibs players in this way.
If I did vote it would certainly not be for Maka.
Not by a long way.

CropleyWasGod
31-12-2009, 06:14 PM
That was uncalled for :greengrin
And it's not the Roddy McKenzie from Livi (for our younger viewers)!

Hearts 0 Hibernian 7 - Jan 1st 1973 :thumbsup:

Next game between the teams at Tynecastle, Sept 1973 IIRC? .......

Hearts 4 (McKenzie 3 og's, Schaedler og) Hibernian 1 :boo hoo:

He came from Airdrie and played 7 first team games which was 6 too many!! Clydebank fortunately were daft enough to take him off our hands!

Was it only 7 games? Felt like so much longer :greengrin

IIRC, the boy was a NI international, too.

Mikeystewart
31-12-2009, 06:32 PM
I would have put McNeil in this over Maka.

ancient hibee
31-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Tony Mowbray was talking learnedly about goal keeping the other day.Aye right.

millarco
31-12-2009, 06:34 PM
I haven't voted as I don't tend to think of Hibs players in this way.
If I did vote it would certainly not be for Maka.
Not by a long way.

:agree:

If Maka does play on Sunday, it's difficult to see some posters on here being behind him. It's tough to find a thread on here without someone having a sly dig at a guy who at the end of the day is still a Hibs player.

HibbyAndy
31-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Makalambay is the worst keeper ive ever seen at ER.

Thats MY opinion.

franco
31-12-2009, 06:47 PM
At the end of the day we all know that if maka has a nightmare in the match he starts pretending to be injured does it all the time,its head or tails between maka and zibby for worst ive saw,what annoys me is where do the likes of falkirk ,motherwell,hamilton and utd find their goalies from.

Baldy Foghorn
31-12-2009, 06:48 PM

Thats MY opinion.

Nonsense, so Ollie, Zibi, Tony Caig, Brown, Hyldegaard are all better than Maka???

HibbyAndy
31-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Nonsense, so Ollie, Zibi, Tony Caig, Brown, Hyldegaard are all better than Maka???

Like i say IMO, you have different views, can you imagine what the world would be like if we all agreed ?:greengrin

And yes i take Caig Zibi etc into consideration, Maka. he just aint that good.

His distribution is horrendous.

Perspective
31-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Like i say IMO, you have different views, can you imagine what the world would be like if we all agreed ?:greengrin

And yes i take Caig Zibi etc into consideration, Maka. he just aint that good.

Crazy how people see things differently. I think he has the best distribution of any Hibs keeper I've seen, especially from hand.

HibbyAndy
31-12-2009, 07:01 PM
Crazy how people see things differently. I think he has the best distribution of any Hibs keeper I've seen, especially from hand.

Yip, it happens, not everyone agrees with certain things.

He goes down in installments and his kicking is murder.

TornadoHibby
31-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Thats MY opinion.

Then you haven't been paying attention properly! :faf: :faf:

Baldy Foghorn
31-12-2009, 07:09 PM

His kicking is alright, remember Leighton's kicking, now that was horrendous:grr:

HibbyAndy
31-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Then you haven't been paying attention properly! :faf: :faf:

Aw FFS i put my info on a thread asking who is the worst goaly then get questioned for pickin Maka?..its my opinion, i can pick who i like, ive been following hibs for years and years and have seen all the shight goalys BUT IMO its Maka.

HibbyAndy
31-12-2009, 07:11 PM
His kicking is alright, remember Leighton's kicking, now that was horrendous:grr:

But overall he was better than Maka.

Perspective
31-12-2009, 07:12 PM

Do you not think his kicking is better than Stack's?

I thought Nish performed a lot better against Falkirk when Maka came on, because his distribution from foot was finding Nish directly as opposed to Stack's aimless punts.

HibbyAndy
31-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Do you not think his kicking is better than Stack's?
I thought Nish performed a lot better against Falkirk when Maka came on, because his distribution from foot was finding Nish directly as opposed to Stack's aimless punts.

No.

Do think Colgan was better at throwing the ball than Goram was?

HibbyAndy
31-12-2009, 07:16 PM
Am off out so there will be nae replys this decade:greengrin

11 other people voted with me, its not just me :wink:

Toaods
31-12-2009, 07:31 PM

Anders...you been on the sauce early tonight?

:cool2:

Andy McNeill had the most perfectly shaped diving action I've ever seen, sadly he couldn't usually reach the ball and it continually looked like we'd conceded a goal by Van Basten.

I saw Zibi nearly give his right ankle a clean break with a hyper-extension as he grounded his boot inot the turf at ICT whilst almost failing to reach the 18 yard line with a goal kick.

Simon Brown was having a pie one day at Easter Road as Charlie Adam scored form just in front of your seats in teh terracing.

People used to require medical attention for vertigo when Jim Leighton took any goal kicks.

Daniel Andersen was guid though...:thumbsup:

Goram is as near perfection as any fans in Scotland have ever seen.

Alan Rough was so laid back he sometimes never even moved when a shot was on target.

Budgie was mental but because we won a cup he is remembered as a better keeper than he truly was.

we've had some great keeper over th eyears

Crab apple
31-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Gotskallson for me. But for the most inept performance in a single game it has to be Zibi against the ****bos at Hampden.

blackhibee
31-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Can't help wondering what it is that you are seriously seeking to achieve with this kind of nonsense? :confused:

Taking your words literally you are asking people to assess a few Hibs keepers against each other with one (apparently) to be "assessed" based upon one match where, depedning upon your objective(s), the keeper concerned may not have been culpable for any of the goals but his defenders could have done seriously better for all four! :confused:

Leave the guy alone why don't you!? :cool2:

Not going out tonight? :wink:

It's a big night in the real world you know!! :cool2: :greengrin

PS I didn't vote.

Well my apologies if that was the impression I gave in the OP, but I was not critisizing Makalambay as a person, or his all round game,I was commenting about his performance on that day, in that game. That performance, on its own, could,in my opinion, be comparable with performances that the other 3 goalkeepers had in certain games over a number of years. People are surely capable of making up their own minds as regards whether one is worse than the other regardless of anything I add on to the original post, and I welcome that, whether they agree with me or not.
This is purely my opinion,one that people can agree or disagree with. Why do you think I would post a poll in that case? It was to put the performance into perspective, and to see if other people think that this makes him worse than the others,on the basis of that performance. Some people might think there is a total overreaction to his performance, their views are obviously just as valid as those who might take a different line. And I wasn't asking who do you think is the worst goalkeeper of all time at Hibs, just the worst of the 4 mentioned.

Prof. Shaggy
31-12-2009, 09:49 PM
This could so easily have been turned around by asking which of those lited was the better keeper.

Good luck and best wishes to every player that pulls on a Hibs jersey.

Someone needed to say it.:top marks

madabouthibs
31-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Maka has two major faults for a goaly IMHO.
He's not loud or aggressive enough towards others in his team, in other words he doesn't rule his box, and....
He's young. :agree:

I like the big guy, but he scares me! :confused:

easty
31-12-2009, 09:52 PM
I would have put McNeil in this over Maka.

I voted Zibi only cos McNeil wasnt in there

AndyP
31-12-2009, 10:14 PM

He was Lev Yashin compared to Mike Macdonald and Ally Donaldson :devil: