PDA

View Full Version : Hanlon is Centre Half for Sunday

Hibbyradge
31-12-2009, 09:34 AM
"Hanlon is looking forward to the home game against Hearts being the first chance for the club to get back to winning ways."

No Anderson or Barr. (http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Paul-Hanlon-becomes-the-central.5947900.jp)

Leithenhibby
31-12-2009, 09:40 AM
"Hanlon is looking forward to the home game against Hearts being the first chance for the club to get back to winning ways."

No Anderson or Barr. (http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Paul-Hanlon-becomes-the-central.5947900.jp)

Let the mind games begin, I would feel at this stage Yogi and Brian have their heads together going over all possibilities and even then, we will be last to know..:cool2:

brydekirk
31-12-2009, 09:55 AM
what would u rather happen. hanlon in at the deep end or a new signing whos been there 24hrs.

Hibbyradge
31-12-2009, 09:57 AM
what would u rather happen. hanlon in at the deep end or a new signing whos been there 24hrs.

It would depend on who the new signing was.

joebakerforever
31-12-2009, 10:50 AM
As centre half is quoted as Paul's preferred position and he now looks stronger and taller as part of the ageing process, imo Sunday's game would be an ideal test for him to show his mettle at CH :aok:

Pretty Boy
31-12-2009, 10:55 AM
IMO if Ian Murray is fit he has to go in at CH. Let Hanlon and Stevenson fight it out for the LB position.

What about Darren McCormick? Is he just outof favour or injured or just not rated?

Hibby Kay-Yay
31-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Having quickly scanned the article I see no reference of "No Barr or Anderson" in it. It also states that "if" Hanlon is asked to play there then he would jump at the chance.

down-the-slope
31-12-2009, 10:57 AM
IMO if Ian Murray is fit he has to go in at CH. Let Hanlon and Stevenson fight it out for the LB position.

What about Darren McCormick? Is he just outof favour or injured or just not rated?

:rolleyes: ? He played on Sunday coming on for Zemamma

Pretty Boy
31-12-2009, 11:01 AM
:rolleyes: ? He played on Sunday coming on for Zemamma

I know that:wink: I meant that he hasn't really been mentioned at all as filling in at CH since it was known Bamba was going to go. I know a few on here don't rate him, just wondered if him being behind Hanlon in the pecking order meant Yogi feels the same.

Hibbyradge
31-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Having quickly scanned the article I see no reference of "No Barr or Anderson" in it. It also states that "if" Hanlon is asked to play there then he would jump at the chance.

I know. :wink:

Andy74
31-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Murray and Hogg will be the centre halfs if no-one is signed that can go straight in.

Hanlon has barely won a ball in the air at left back so dread to think of him at centre half in a full game right now.

Moulin Yarns
31-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Ian_Murray (http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs-Ian--Murray-set.5948733.jp)

truehibernian
31-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Hanlon is just not at the races in competitive games this season and for me needs a season in the first division, toughening up, getting a physical side to his game, and getting an extra yard in pace. No doubting his skill and potential, however this season he has been very poor (even given his young age). For me, Hogg and Murray are safe and sound, having played together and know each others game as a partnership. Wee Lewis at left back for me please. I would even play McCormack at right back, move DW into right midfield, and play Zemmama just off Stokes. We need at least one midfielder on a flank who can chase back as well as attack and DW is that player.

Maka

McCormack Hogg Murray Stevenson

Wotherspoon Miller Rankin Riordan

Zemmama/Benji Stokes

Stevenson also gives you that engine and pace that Hanlon doesn't have IMO (given Derek still has a tendency to stay forward). I'd like to see two players giving Wallace something to think about as opposed to just one, as he does like to get forward himself. DW and Zemmama could keep him in his own half. O'Brien (according to my Yambolino mate) was outstanding on the flanks last night and ran rings round both their full backs and had them penned in their own half for much of the game. Here's hoping for a wee bit of derby cheer and lets get right into them from the whistle. 3-1 for the mighty Cabbage :agree:

Judas Iscariot
31-12-2009, 02:08 PM

Hanlon is best at LCH, he's struggled at left back and not been able to give a fair account of himself!

MOM in that position for the Scotland laddies and MOM for our reserves in bounce games against Sunderland and Newcastle in recent weeks! With Bamba now gone he deserves his chance in there and i think he'll do the job just fine!

Stevenson hasn't kicked a ball for long enough and McCormack is never a fullback, i'd prefer if Wotherspoon stayed there, at least to start with on Sunday!

matty_f
31-12-2009, 02:22 PM

Disagree with that. The last derby left us short on the left hand side as Murray played CH there.

We play much, much better with Murray at LB, and if he's there, he and Hogg can talk Hanlon through the game.

truehibernian
31-12-2009, 02:47 PM
To be honest, this game is crying out for young Wotherspoon to be pushed forward into right midfield and having a more defensive full back in McCormack in place. Zemmama can then be given a free role in the midfield. Hearts without Driver have no width, and their game is very much played through the middle. A more balanced midfield, and pressing one, IMO will open up Hearts on their full back areas, allowing Riordan, DW and Zemmama to get in behind them. Stokes can at times play the lone striker role at periods of the game. Not giving their midfield time on the ball is key to winning this game in my opinion. Riordan and Zemmama, whilst excellent at times going forward, don't offer Rankin and Miller much assistance. Rangers dominated our midfield and pressed them into mistakes. Stevenson has a better engine on him that Hanlon (while lacking obvious height), and McCormack is quite pacey too.

lapsedhibee
31-12-2009, 03:24 PM
To be honest, this game is crying out for young Wotherspoon to be pushed forward into right midfield and having a more defensive full back in McCormack in place. Zemmama can then be given a free role in the midfield. Hearts without Driver have no width, and their game is very much played through the middle. A more balanced midfield, and pressing one, IMO will open up Hearts on their full back areas, allowing Riordan, DW and Zemmama to get in behind them. Stokes can at times play the lone striker role at periods of the game. Not giving their midfield time on the ball is key to winning this game in my opinion. Riordan and Zemmama, whilst excellent at times going forward, don't offer Rankin and Miller much assistance. Rangers dominated our midfield and pressed them into mistakes. Stevenson has a better engine on him that Hanlon (while lacking obvious height), and McCormack is quite pacey too.

Stevenson worth his place just for the possibility of inadvertently riling Hertz' goal machine and penalty king Mikey Mikey into indiscretions. Do we know how slippy the tunnel is at ER? :dunno:

NOLA
31-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Stevenson worth his place just for the possibility of inadvertently riling Hertz' goal machine and penalty king Mikey Mikey into indiscretions. Do we know how slippy the tunnel is at ER? :dunno:

lewis seems to relish getting stuck right into the yams, remember his cruncher against aguiar:agree: