PDA

View Full Version : Huns: A right good team or are the rest of us just p**h?

Mag7
31-12-2009, 10:22 AM
Business commitments meant I was at Ibrox last night as part of corporate do. I know it's hard for most of us to say anything good about the Huns, but I must say I was very impressed by them, although United pretty much gave up the ghost. I think a lot of folk on here also let their disappointment at the way Hibs wilted on Sunday obscure the fact that the Huns actually played very well against us too.

What I find hard to understand, however, is how come they are suddenly playing like an unstoppable express train every week? OK, they are the champions of Scotland and by that token the best team in the country, but they were so woefully out of their depth in Europe that I wonder how good they really are. I guess going out of Europe has probably helped them focus on domestic issues, but it still surprises me how far ahead of the rest they are when most were saying just a few weeks ago that the Old Firm were there for the taking. Now it looks like Katy's prediction that they'll finish 25 points ahead of third place looks like coming true.

Oh, and hun or not, Boyd should get an instant recall to the Scotland team. Best finisher in the country by a mile.

Hibbyradge
31-12-2009, 10:27 AM
We outplayed them until we started giving them goals.

They're not so great, but they're on a hot streak just now.

Lucius Apuleius
31-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Definitely on a hot streak. Thing about Boyd, he is scoring goals now. When he was dropped from the Scotland team he was not even getting a game for der hun. He had absolutely no right to think he could walk into the team and dictate to Burley. Should he play now? Going by his goals of course he should. However I also believe he **** on us when he spat the dummy so **** him.

HibbyAndy
31-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Couldnt give a toss how good or how not so good the Huns are.

They are vile secrtarion Bigots.

Vile vile people.

Mary Hinge
31-12-2009, 10:39 AM

Vile vile people.

Dinnae mess aboot now ....... say what ye mean :greengrin

HibbyAndy
31-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Dinnae mess aboot now ....... say what ye mean :greengrin

:greengrin

A could go oan .

Alicky Ranks
31-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Business commitments meant I was at Ibrox last night as part of corporate do. I know it's hard for most of us to say anything good about the Huns, but I must say I was very impressed by them, although United pretty much gave up the ghost. I think a lot of folk on here also let their disappointment at the way Hibs wilted on Sunday obscure the fact that the Huns actually played very well against us too.

What I find hard to understand, however, is how come they are suddenly playing like an unstoppable express train every week? OK, they are the champions of Scotland and by that token the best team in the country, but they were so woefully out of their depth in Europe that I wonder how good they really are. I guess going out of Europe has probably helped them focus on domestic issues, but it still surprises me how far ahead of the rest they are when most were saying just a few weeks ago that the Old Firm were there for the taking. Now it looks like Katy's prediction that they'll finish 25 points ahead of third place looks like coming true.

Oh, and hun or not, Boyd should get an instant recall to the Scotland team. Best finisher in the country by a mile.

I think that's a good point. They are playing very well just now even though we didn't show up for the second half against them. If they win, or even draw, against Celtic on Sunday that'll be the title race all but over.

stubru59
31-12-2009, 10:58 AM
The gap between the OF and the rest has been reduced, not eliminated.

United without a manager rolled over. We played them off the park the first 15-20 minutes and then - inexplicably - crawled away and died.

The transfer window will be interesting as Rangers are more likely to lose players than add to their squad.

Baw187
31-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Rangers beat us because they were clinical and punished every mistake we made. The stats of the game show that. We had 58% possesion, and we both ahd 5 shots on target. Rangers scored with 4 of them = punished.

I think this sums up Rangers at the moment. Boyd and Miller seem to be hitting the net with almost every chance they get and it is resulting in them scoring bucket loads. They weren't getting in the postion to score in europe and when they did, they weren't as clinical.

KerPlunk
31-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Shocking defending was the main factor in their win on Sunday and the heids went doon after the Huns scored their second. Novo's fluked 3rd sealed our fate (OK, Maka wasn't blameless for that one !!:boo hoo:)

Other than that, I don't think there was too much difference between the teams.

Yon phat ***** Boyd is deffo having a purple patch though.

Spike Mandela
31-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Hope they are carrying out drug tests down Ibrox way as the transformation has been remarkable.:devil:

johnrebus
31-12-2009, 11:47 AM

Vile vile people.

:top marks

Sums it up perfectly for me.

lapsedhibee
31-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Haven't seen it mentioned yet but the McGregor attempt to stop United's goal was a worse howler than anything I can remember Maka achieving.

CorrieHibs
31-12-2009, 11:57 AM
They've hit form their attacking a lot more than they did and Boyd,Miller and Novo have all hit form at the same time. We out played them for 20 mins on sunday at one point they were chasing shadows and couldn't get the ball off us. We lost 2 stupid goals heads went down then maka failed to save another 2 easy shots. As a previous person said we had 58% of possession. We had 5 shots on goal and so did they difference they were clinical in finishing and we had maka in goals. If we had a real keeper in goals it might of made a difference.

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Were they not wanting old Wattie out a few months ago coz they were sooo bad and couldnt score?!?! WTF. We made huge mistakes lst Sunday but they were punished bcoz Rangers are flying the now. Millers poor pass for their first was pounced on, moved between 3 players with K.Miller hitting a first time shot. If that had been a couple of months ago when Miller was getting his usual amount of stick for his finishing then there's no danger he would have had the confidence to finish like that. With their second, Deeks immediately had two players on him putting him under pressure, if they werent buzzin so much he mite have jst had one hun to deal with. Don't think their that good but have hit some cracking form! pisses me off soooooo much that theres gonna be a gap between us again this season when I honestly thought they were there for the taking a month ago :grr:

Lofarl
31-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Mind up at Aberdeen we had like 3 shots at goal and scored two of em.

down-the-slope
31-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Got to give Credit to Uncle Wattie...can't beleive Gers are letting his contract end giving possiblity of him walking...without him they would not have dragged themselves back from the shambles they were earlier in the season.

I hope they humiliate Celtic in Derby as they might just fall apart as they are showing the softness of most TM teams when they are in a battle.

For us we need Murry & McBride (player of the season for me) back asap to give both increased performance but also the experience to handle set backs.

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-12-2009, 12:12 PM
I think that 7-1 at home, playing with 10 men for a good part of the game shows that Rangers have turned things around. I would suspect that a lot of players are looking to the January window and realising that it is time to get the finger out. Given that they are without their two best midfielders in Thomson and Mendes, their recent form has been impressive. For all the money that Celtic are throwing around, they really need to beat them in the Old Firm derby.

GreenPJ
31-12-2009, 12:23 PM
They've hit form their attacking a lot more than they did and Boyd,Miller and Novo have all hit form at the same time. We out played them for 20 mins on sunday at one point they were chasing shadows and couldn't get the ball off us. We lost 2 stupid goals heads went down then maka failed to save another 2 easy shots. As a previous person said we had 58% of possession and 5 shots and so did they difference they were clinical in finishing and we had maka in goals. If we had a real keeper in goals it might of made a difference.

We couldn't both have had 58% possession :devil:

RIP
31-12-2009, 12:27 PM
One reason only

Walter Smith

Should be a top 6 manager in the EPL

The Huns think he's doin them a favour working without a contract

Wattie's nae mug

Spike Mandela
31-12-2009, 12:32 PM
One reason only

Walter Smith

Should be a top 6 manager in the EPL

The Huns think he's doin them a favour working without a contract

Wattie's nae mug

Yeah, proved his worth at Everton.:bitchy:

Uncle Wattie can excel at Rangers as most average managers would. Do you think if he was our manager we'd be in any better a position than we are now. Doubt it.

Dashing Bob S
31-12-2009, 12:46 PM
It's the usual playground bully syndrome. Get a doing from the boys your same age (wage structure) in Europe, and go and take it out on the wee kids in the SPL. And be egged on by the sychophants in the Scottish footballing establishment.

Rangers are performing at about the level they should be. The real question is: why did they bottle it in Europe?

(Answer: because they are out of their comfort zone.)

Wattie as top six EPL manager?:faf:

hibsdaft
31-12-2009, 12:57 PM
could there be an element of them playing for their next move, what with January imminent?

basehibby
31-12-2009, 01:03 PM
Rangers beat us because they were clinical and punished every mistake we made. The stats of the game show that. We had 58% possesion, and we both ahd 5 shots on target. Rangers scored with 4 of them = punished.

I think this sums up Rangers at the moment. Boyd and Miller seem to be hitting the net with almost every chance they get and it is resulting in them scoring bucket loads. They weren't getting in the postion to score in europe and when they did, they weren't as clinical.

:agree: I think that sums it up for me - Rangers are a top notch side by Scottish standards (much the same side that won the league last season don't forget) and both their main strikers have hit a purple patch - with Boyd and Miller in that sort of form they might have lasted a bit longer if the Euro competitions started now.
The interesting bit is their finances - or the lack thereof to be more specific - that hasn't hit them on the park as yet but it's surely just a matter of time.

col02
31-12-2009, 01:08 PM
I think back to the 1-1 draw between Rangers and Hibs at Ibrox when they were on their knee's seemingly and that it was the turning point for them in the SPL. Since then their form has been good and dare I say it their formation is very similiar to Hibs in having four forwards on the pitch generally from the start which punishes any errors made. Their defence is pretty solid and have a couple decent quality players in the centre of midfield who break the game up when required. I thought that from the start of this season that Smith would out fox Mowbray in the race for the title and can see it remaining that way as he knows first and foremost how to make his team hard to beat.

TornadoHibby
31-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Haven't seen it mentioned yet but the McGregor attempt to stop United's goal was a worse howler than anything I can remember Maka achieving.

And your point is caller? :wink: :greengrin

TornadoHibby
31-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Mind up at Aberdeen we had like 3 shots at goal and scored two of em.

And the Dons had 7 or 8 and scored none! :agree:

Hmmm...... :hmmm: :dunno:

lapsedhibee
31-12-2009, 06:09 PM
And your point is caller? :wink: :greengrin

That Maka should be drafted into the Scotland squad ahead of McGregor!

JimBHibees
31-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Hope they are carrying out drug tests down Ibrox way as the transformation has been remarkable.:devil:

Funny was thinking exactly the same this morning for some reason.

JimBHibees
31-12-2009, 06:39 PM
I think that 7-1 at home, playing with 10 men for a good part of the game shows that Rangers have turned things around. I would suspect that a lot of players are looking to the January window and realising that it is time to get the finger out. Given that they are without their two best midfielders in Thomson and Mendes, their recent form has been impressive. For all the money that Celtic are throwing around, they really need to beat them in the Old Firm derby.

Davis is their best midfielder by a mile.

SRHibs
31-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Tbh, over the whole of the game I don't think they were much better than us at all. We were better first half anyway. Like us of past, they were clinical when it came to their chances, even when they weren't playing well. How many shots did they actually have on goal? I'd be surprised if it was much more than the 4 they scored...

TornadoHibby
31-12-2009, 07:09 PM
That Maka should be drafted into the Scotland squad ahead of McGregor!

Is his granny Scottish then? :greengrin

lapsedhibee
31-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Is his granny Scottish then? :greengrin

Lambie's quite a common name here.
Mac, "son of", etc.
See where I'm going with this? :wink:

PISTOL1875
31-12-2009, 07:31 PM
The differance with the Huns is that Walter Smith is now playing all his forward players in a forward mentality. None of this defensive minded anti-football pish we have see from them in the past.. Attacking players in a attacking mindset... Pressing the ball all the time from the front.. No team is able to deal with that sort of pressure. This amount of pressure will force opponents further and further back. Mistakes will occur and then the goals will come soon enough.

In fact , its like they have been watching us and the way we play.. 4 up top when we have the ball....

The differance between us and them is that there players pressure there opponents all the time where as our forwards don't have that same amount of work rate...

ancient hibee
31-12-2009, 07:47 PM
The difference is(stating the obvious)that they are playing teams in the spl far inferior to European opponents.For a start in Europe they could hardly get the ball.