PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Barr turns down Hibs

down the slope
31-12-2009, 09:19 AM
According to the Express this morning Darren Barr turned down a pre contract with Hibs, it was for three years but We did not offer him the terms he was looking for. Sorry no link as i actually bought this rag this morning.

IWasThere2016
31-12-2009, 09:22 AM
According to the Express this morning Darren Barr turned down a pre contract with Hibs, it was for three years but We did not offer him the terms he was looking for. Sorry no link as i actually bought this rag this morning.

Did Scott Burns write the piece?

Toaods
31-12-2009, 10:28 AM
..that must be us offering too much again.

Good to see so many honest pros out there...:greengrin

stubru59
31-12-2009, 10:30 AM

Would imagine Hughes will have a number of targets and when one of that number knocks us back (assuming the article to be true) he will move on to another.

No big deal really.

hibztilltheend
31-12-2009, 01:05 PM
has turned down a three year deal according to forth 1 :agree:

MB62
31-12-2009, 01:07 PM
has turned down a three year deal according to forth 1 :agree:

who with?

hibiedude
31-12-2009, 01:08 PM
I'll take a wild quess and say the old firm have been in touch with his agent :agree:

hibztilltheend
31-12-2009, 01:08 PM
us:boo hoo:well at least yogi can be interested in anderson now:greengrin

hibiedude
31-12-2009, 01:10 PM
us:boo hoo:well at least yogi can be interested in anderson now:greengrin

Yogi was in the paper today saying he's not interested in Anderson

ross1875
31-12-2009, 01:11 PM
hes keek anyway better lookin elsewhere

tooley
31-12-2009, 01:11 PM

Thought we couldn't speak to him 'til tomorrow???

oneone73
31-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Did Scott Burns write the piece?
Yes.

Woody1985
31-12-2009, 01:12 PM
It's in the Daily Star (cheap 25p paper for change for the bus before any of you get a hard on!).

May is quoted as saying that DB turned down Hibs due to the money on offer and wants more so will prob end up in the Championship.

hibiedude
31-12-2009, 01:13 PM
He's not turned Hibs down but turned the offer Hibs made him down. :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
31-12-2009, 01:14 PM
It's in the Daily Star (cheap 25p paper for change for the bus before any of you get a hard on!).

May is quoted as saying that DB turned down Hibs due to the money on offer and wants more so will prob end up in the Championship.

Showing his class again...

GreenCastle
31-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Is Eddie May his agent :grr:

For a fellow Hibee who I used to like he's turning into a bit of a muppet :bitchy:

New Corrie
31-12-2009, 01:16 PM
I wasn't that convinced about Barr anyway. I would go for Webster if at all possible. Him and Neil Alexander would do for me.

hibztilltheend
31-12-2009, 01:18 PM
I wasn't that convinced about Barr anyway. I would go for Webster if at all possible. Him and Neil Alexander would do for me.

just like barr we couldn't afford his wages:rolleyes: although he is better than alan mcgregor IMO:agree:

GreenCastle
31-12-2009, 01:19 PM

Webster is better than Barr :agree:

Think come the end of the season the huns will want the dirty jambo back :agree:

Judas Iscariot
31-12-2009, 01:19 PM

Webster won't be going anywhere until the summer and I can't see the Huns letting their no 2 go anytime soon without semi decent dosh..

James Connolly
31-12-2009, 01:20 PM
No great loss if true; never overly impressed me the times i've seen him.

CorrieHibs
31-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Not that bothered to be honest don't think he is anything special.
Would take Webster in a heartbeat but don't think we could afford him.

3pm
31-12-2009, 01:21 PM

Think he might be back at Greyskull when Bougherra leaves?

Is Barr that good? I have watched him only a few times so I am not best placed to comment. However, is he actually better than Hogg?! I know that Hogg divides opinion and I am opening a can of worms but is there much point in going for him other than the fact he is free? Free is maybe the key word!

ross1875
31-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Think he might be back at Greyskull when Bougherra leaves?

Is Barr that good? I have watched him only a few times so I am not best placed to comment. However, is he actually better than Hogg?! I know that Hogg divides opinion and I am opening a can of worms but is there much point in going for him other than the fact he is free? Free is maybe the key word!

probably better on the ball than hogg but as a defender a dont think hes great at all not much of a presence and hes not as good as hogg in the air

lucky
31-12-2009, 01:40 PM
If he signs then all the netters so have slagged him if this thread eat their words? Its the first offer so chill let RP do his job

Del Boy
31-12-2009, 01:41 PM
it's in the daily star (cheap 25p paper for change for the bus before any of you get a hard on!).

May is quoted as saying that db turned down hibs due to the money on offer and wants more so will prob end up in the championship.

lol!!!!

Perspective
31-12-2009, 01:57 PM
I've seen a lot of Barr over the years at various age levels and would be delighted if he signed.

Athletic (quick, strong), aggressive, good on the ball, reads the game well and is far better in the air than people give him credit for. He's not the biggest but has a great leap on him - as evident in Falkirk's game against Killie recently when he dominated Kevin Kyle aerially. Battle-hardened from captaining a struggling team from a young age and the type we should be going for - up and coming Scottish talent that we can develop and sell on for a decent fee.

My only concern would be that we'd have to play him as a centre-back, as I'm not so sure about him on the right. He's given away a couple of penalties recently that, although they were soft, made him look a bit clumsy coming inside to tackle.

hibee_patty
31-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Did Hughes not say he was not interested in miller ?
and then he signed ?:confused:

Calvin
31-12-2009, 04:57 PM
I can't see the Huns letting their no 2 go anytime soon without semi decent dosh..
You would think so, but I'm sure I read Smith saying that he understood he'd want first team football and was willing to let him leave.

NOLA
31-12-2009, 05:39 PM
not too bothered if barr doesn't sign, he's overated IMO

joe breezy
31-12-2009, 08:53 PM

:agree:

mim
31-12-2009, 09:21 PM
I've seen a lot of Barr over the years at various age levels and would be delighted if he signed.

Athletic (quick, strong), aggressive, good on the ball, reads the game well and is far better in the air than people give him credit for.

I'm with you on this one. :agree:
Good to have a bit of perspective. :greengrin

matty_f
01-01-2010, 01:17 AM

Athletic (quick, strong), aggressive, good on the ball, reads the game well and is far better in the air than people give him credit for. He's not the biggest but has a great leap on him - as evident in Falkirk's game against Killie recently when he dominated Kevin Kyle aerially. Battle-hardened from captaining a struggling team from a young age and the type we should be going for - up and coming Scottish talent that we can develop and sell on for a decent fee.

My only concern would be that we'd have to play him as a centre-back, as I'm not so sure about him on the right. He's given away a couple of penalties recently that, although they were soft, made him look a bit clumsy coming inside to tackle.

Barr would be a terrific signing, if we got him. He's maybe not done as well this season, but that's down to Eddie May, IMHO. Yogi knows how to get the best out of him and if he was at Easter Road I reckon we'd see a much improved (and improving) player.

Bobo
01-01-2010, 01:35 AM
Looks like it might still be a possibility according to this (http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Darren-Barr-on-Hibs-radar.5950273.jp)

Www1875hfc
01-01-2010, 01:46 AM
Looks like it might still be a possibility according to this (http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Darren-Barr-on-Hibs-radar.5950273.jp)

Well if that article is true,lets hope Barr reads the official club website on graeme smith' arrival.

Smith said "i am delighted to be joining Hibernian,everything about the club is exciting at the moment,from the gaffer,the training facilities to the results and team on the park.I want to be part of it,and will be working as hard as i can to get into the team on a regular basis.

C'mon Darren you know you want to :wink:

hibiedude
01-01-2010, 08:58 AM
I was out with someone last night who works at the club and No NOT THE SHOP and they say Yogi is convinced that Darren will be joining us.

Time will tell

And i'm told the Maka is at an all time low so not looking good for the big lad

Kaiser1962
01-01-2010, 09:08 AM

Me neither. Bit Gary Caldwell-ish if you ask me. Decent enough but, to quote the late Sir Bob, not big enough for CH and not quick enough for FB.
Webster would be better but I doubt we can afford him.

hibiedude
01-01-2010, 10:25 AM
According to this link his agent is saying negations are ongoing but Eddie May seems to be saying something different.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/01/01/hibs-boss-john-hughes-still-hopes-to-lure-falkirk-skipper-darren-barr-to-easter-road-86908-21934897/

matty_f
01-01-2010, 10:30 AM
According to this link his agent is saying negations are ongoing but Eddie May seems to be saying something different.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/01/01/hibs-boss-john-hughes-still-hopes-to-lure-falkirk-skipper-darren-barr-to-easter-road-86908-21934897/

Had to laugh at the Yams being credited with an interest. :tee hee:

hibiedude
01-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Had to laugh at the Yams being credited with an interest. :tee hee:

What till Romanov finds out there's a fee involved :faf:

matty_f
01-01-2010, 10:32 AM
What till Romanov finds out there's a player involved :faf:

Fixed that for you.:greengrin

Expecting Rain
01-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Great news, he`s garbage anyway.

I'm_cabbaged
01-01-2010, 11:22 AM
According to the DR his agent says negotiations are on going.

Golden Bear
01-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Great news, he`s garbage anyway.

I can see why you're concerned - he may replace the Hoggmeister.

:wink:

Expecting Rain
01-01-2010, 12:19 PM
I can see why you're concerned - he may replace the Hoggmeister.

:wink:

I`m not covinced of what i`ve seen of him to make me think he`s any better to be truthful, my nightmare vision is that he signs and we end up with two hoggs!:boo hoo:

el capitano
01-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Thought we couldn't speak to him 'til tomorrow???

im sure they can talk to teams when there contract enters the last 6 months, around the start of december usually. deals cant be done until the window opens which is now.

Ed De Gramo
01-01-2010, 10:09 PM

:top marks