PDA

View Full Version : Kris Boyd

Mikeystewart
30-12-2009, 08:39 PM
After his 5 goals against Dundee United should he be in the next Scotland squad if he continues his current form. If not why?

down-the-slope
30-12-2009, 08:41 PM
No...not apoligised yet

hibee_girl
30-12-2009, 08:42 PM
No, you don't turn your back on your country

Spike Mandela
30-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Please add third option.....Don't care.

Judas Iscariot
30-12-2009, 08:45 PM

:agree:

H18sry
30-12-2009, 08:46 PM
No he turned his back on us but hey he WILL be in the next Scotland squad :yawn:

Alex Trager
no, not after two chances to play and sayig no...

col02
I would rather we went with Fletcher up front personally than Boyd at this moment in time. That said if he continues to improve his all round game and apologises for turning his back on Scotland then fair enough.

H18sry
30-12-2009, 08:47 PM

If you dont care why waste your time answering the thread :confused:

hibeesliam94
30-12-2009, 08:49 PM
If his heads in it then yes, if not then nooooooo!

Spike Mandela
30-12-2009, 08:50 PM

As I think the amount of people who don't care should be represented in the poll.

A lot of people on here give very little thought to the Scotland team IMO.

Broken Gnome
30-12-2009, 08:51 PM
I would rather we went with Fletcher up front personally than Boyd at this moment in time. That said if he continues to improve his all round game and apologises for turning his back on Scotland then fair enough.

That's the one. If Scotland continue get back to basics and play one-up front with an emphasis on being hard to beat, then long-term that is Steven Fletcher. Boyd would be used sparingly from the bench until he proves he can score against defences that aren't p!sh. Hibs on Sunday included.

H18sry
30-12-2009, 08:54 PM
As I think the amount of people who don't care should be represented in the poll.

I think you are kidding yourself there it may be as little as 10% who do not care for Scotland :agree: but if it suits your argument dont let me stop you posting a poll about it. :wink:

MacBean
30-12-2009, 08:55 PM
That's the one. If Scotland continue get back to basics and play one-up front with an emphasis on being hard to beat, then long-term that is Steven Fletcher. Boyd would be used sparingly from the bench until he proves he can score against defences that aren't p!sh. Hibs on Sunday included.

either they dont care whether he plays or not because of a lack of interest in our national team or they dont care because they want their country to do well regardless of who is playing (neither a yes or no) and dont care whether that is boyd/fletcher/ cardinal O'Brien

meeks0-7
30-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Get yer heids oot the glue bags........ Fair enough... he plays for the sons of orange but fer gods sake he is Scottish... and the best striker we have.. get over your bigotry and lets have him knockin goals in left right and centre for Scotland.... Reason he didn't want to play was Burley.... and when you look at the pish he put in front of him do you really blame him?... If he played for Hibs you would have all been up in arms!:dummytit:

Pretty Boy
30-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Yes, he's a goalscorer and they are thin enough on the ground where Scotland are concerned.

I would still like a public apology though.

Also as a side note regardless of what the history books say there is no way Boyd is a better player then Henrik Larsson.

bingo70
30-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Get yer heids oot the glue bags........ Fair enough... he plays for the sons of orange but fer gods sake he is Scottish... and the best striker we have.. get over your bigotry and lets have him knockin goals in left right and centre for Scotland.... Reason he didn't want to play was Burley.... and when you look at the pish he put in front of him do you really blame him?... If he played for Hibs you would have all been up in arms!:dummytit:

Yes, i would have.

It should be a privelage to be selected for your country, you don't pick and choose if you want to play depending on what you think of the manager.

Absolutely nothing to do with bigotry and i can assure you it's nothing to do with him playing for rangers

meeks0-7
30-12-2009, 09:34 PM
Aye right.... fair enough:bitchy:

Shaggy
30-12-2009, 09:39 PM
select him as a pool player, and see what his pus is like when he doesnt get played..

I still dont see him as good as the goal tally suggests, he needs a dominent team of ten around him serving up plenty of chances,,

where it goes tits up , scotland is on the rack playing any country and we need 11 men to work for a result.

meeks0-7
30-12-2009, 09:42 PM
And the difference from Derek Riordan is............?
Oh sorry I'm not allowed to say that!

DirtyDeeds
30-12-2009, 09:42 PM

Lets not go down the bigotry route, as you're talking p!sh to be honest. He wasnt playing for Burley, he was playing for his country and for anyone who is remotely interested in how well the national team performs. Notice he didnt spit the dummy with his auld Da' Walter when he wasnt playing him at Greyskull either (and playing players worse then Iwelumo in front of him). He bailed out on everyone when he chucked it, I just find it ridiculously arrogant that a clown with a couple of Scottish domestic medals in his pocket thinks he can dictate where and when a manager plays him.

He must apologise first. Then he needs to start on the bench, as hes behind other guys in the queue right now. Mr Fletcher's bagged a few goals in a league that Boyd has proved (Birmingham in January) he's too lazy and scared to try and have a bash at. Another hint at his p!sh attitude and motivation.

meeks0-7
30-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Righto... name a better striker that is at Scotlands disposal

Landells
30-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Proven goal scorer and thats just one of the things we need in the scotland squad.

meeks0-7
30-12-2009, 09:46 PM
thank You

bingo70
30-12-2009, 09:47 PM
And the difference from Derek Riordan is............?
Oh sorry I'm not allowed to say that!

the difference with riordan is that he's never done anything that Boyd has done, apart from that they're almost the same.

You can say it if you want, your talking nonsense though.

ronaldo7
30-12-2009, 09:48 PM

No Bigotry here bud. He walked out on our country, and is now trying to get back by saying he didn't have anything against Burley...GET REAL

Yes, i would have.

It should be a privelage to be selected for your country, you don't pick and choose if you want to play depending on what you think of the manager.
:agree:
Absolutely nothing to do with bigotry :agree:and i can assure you it's nothing to do with him playing for rangers

Aye right.... fair enough:bitchy:

When will people learn that Boyd has been manipulating the press/media for his own ends, and nothing to do with the country he shouldn't have turned his back on.

meeks0-7
30-12-2009, 09:49 PM
I don't understand your answer...please elaborate

Ed De Gramo
30-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Nope...

meeks0-7
30-12-2009, 09:52 PM
No Bigotry here bud. He walked out on our country, and is now trying to get back by saying he didn't have anything against Burley...GET REAL

When will people learn that Boyd has been manipulating the press/media for his own ends, and nothing to do with the country he shouldn't have turned his back on.

So if he had been playing for Hibs we would have all had the same opinion?

bingo70
30-12-2009, 09:54 PM

Can't speak for anyone else but i would think the same.

It's an emotional game so i can understand Boyd taking a tantrum in the heat of the moment, however if he doesn't apologise for it then he shouldn't get back in, if he apologises no problem for me.

ronaldo7
30-12-2009, 09:57 PM
I don't understand your answer...please elaborate

If this was for me then let's take it slowly... old age is grippin

1. Bigotry started on your post. What do you mean?

2. Boyd walked out on HIS COUNTRY...why?

3. Why should he get his place back in the squad which has played, whilst he has sat on his erchie at hame?

Any time will do Northampton:greengrin

ronaldo7
30-12-2009, 10:00 PM

Why do you think that if he was playing for Hibs it would be any different??

Hibs players have played for their country for years and years and years.

Care to mention a Hibs player who has told his country where to stick it?

DirtyDeeds
30-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Fletcher's a more rounded footballer, Boyd is a sensational penalty box player. Its hard to say whos a better asset at international level, but he has to earn the right to play. And regularly scoring against the huddies of our nation, yet rarely against the 'rocks' Caldwell and McManus in the big games does not come close enough to him walking right back in.

If we just give him the no. 9 jersey and pat him on the back, we lay out the red carpet for guys to take liberties in the future. Unless you can remind how many major championships he's helped us qualify for? And thus made himself indespensible. Lets not forget that in those 'glory nights' against France, he was nowhere to be seen, not fit for purpose. Former managers have been called traitors for ditching the national team, he's no different.

Also, dare i ask you to give us any insight into how you came to decide we were all bigots for thinking he shouldnt be welcomed back, no questions asked?

meeks0-7
30-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Can't speak for anyone else but i would think the same.

It's an emotional game so i can understand Boyd taking a tantrum in the heat of the moment, however if he doesn't apologise for it then he shouldn't get back in, if he apologises no problem for me.

Dear George,
I apologise for thinking your were a twat for playing strikers less able than me
in the world cup qualifiers when obviously you were right and they could poke the ball in the net from 6 inches out.... oh **** they couldnae...!

There you go apology done can we just pick him now and try and at least have a chance of qualifying for the Euros...... or do you just want to keep
on moaning about Chris Boyd until he signs for an EPL Team and then say he should be allowed back?

HONG KONG PHOOEY
30-12-2009, 10:02 PM
I have no read the replies in this thread but I have followed Scotland for the last last 40 away gaems and if Boyd PLAYES agsain I will not be there. Been TO Japan twice but if this pretentered get a call up I will not be back

meeks0-7
30-12-2009, 10:04 PM

Bigotry comes into it because he is a rangers player... pure and simple ... if he played for any provincial team we wouldn't be having this thread

ronaldo7
30-12-2009, 10:06 PM
I have no read the replies in this thread but I have followed Scotland for the last last 40 away gaems and if Boyd PLAYES agsain I will not be there. Been TO Japan twice but if this pretentered get a call up I will not be back

Their will be more empty spaces at Hampden than recently at celtic park and Ibrox put together at the next game.

bingo70
30-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Dear George,
I apologise for thinking your were a twat for playing strikers less able than me
in the world cup qualifiers when obviously you were right and they could poke the ball in the net from 6 inches out.... oh **** they couldnae...!

There you go apology done can we just pick him now and try and at least have a chance of qualifying for the Euros...... or do you just want to keep
on moaning about Chris Boyd until he signs for an EPL Team and then say he should be allowed back?

Unless your Kris Boyd, (and i assume your not) then i'm not having that as an apology from him.

Why would it make any difference to my opinion if he played for an EPL team when my gripe with him was walking out on the Scotland team when we needed him?

Removed
30-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Bigotry comes into it because he is a rangers player... pure and simple ... if he played for any provincial team we wouldn't be having this thread

Don't be silly

meeks0-7
30-12-2009, 10:07 PM

As i said if derek riordan had "turned his back on his country" would he have taken the same stick on this site as Chris Boyd?
I think not?

meeks0-7
30-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Don't be silly

But you know I'm right:agree:

Removed
30-12-2009, 10:11 PM
But you know I'm right:agree:

No you're not.

I couldn't care less who Boyd played for and if Riordan did the same thing, yes he would get stick on here. Check it out, there was a thread about it after the Japan game.

ronaldo7
30-12-2009, 10:12 PM

Bigotry has not been metioned on this thread until you introduced it in your post.

This is not about Bigotry...It's about someone walking away from a situation in real life, when their's was piss poor.

Boyd's life is better at the moment and he now want's to join the party.

Tough. Let him stew imo[/SIZE]

meeks0-7
30-12-2009, 10:13 PM
No you're not.

I couldn't care less who Boyd played for and if Riordan did the same thing, yes he would get stick on here. Check it out, there was a thread about it after the Japan game.

So If Deeks said "thats it I don't want to play for Scotland again" you think he would take the same amount of stick on here as Boyd?

meeks0-7
30-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Bigotry has not been metioned on this thread until you introduced it in your post.

This is not about Bigotry...It's about someone walking away from a situation in real life, when their's was piss poor.

Boyd's life is better at the moment and he now want's to join the party.

Tough. Let him stew imo[/SIZE]

Why are you shouting?

Removed
30-12-2009, 10:14 PM
So If Deeks said "thats it I don't want to play for Scotland again" you think he would take the same amount of stick on here as Boyd?

Yes, maybe even more.

meeks0-7
30-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Yes, maybe even more.

Well if you all believe that then there is no longer any point in continuing this post

meeks0-7
30-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Why are you shouting?

And may I say everyone is entitled to one!

ronaldo7
Why are you shouting?

Sorry guys, a bit of editing problems.

When are you going to answer my questions?

ArabHibee
Well if you all believe that then there is no longer any point in continuing this post

Can I see Yam coloured flowers in your avatar? :hmmm:

meeks0-7
30-12-2009, 10:19 PM
Why are you shouting?

What question?

Just Jimmy
30-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Yes, He should never have not be in the squad or indeed, the team.

The best goal scorer we have.

ronaldo7
30-12-2009, 10:22 PM
If this was for me then let's take it slowly... old age is grippin

1. Bigotry started on your post. What do you mean?

2. Boyd walked out on HIS COUNTRY...why?

3. Why should he get his place back in the squad which has played, whilst he has sat on his erchie at hame?

Any time will do Northampton:greengrin

What question?

The ones above

meeks0-7
30-12-2009, 10:23 PM

That was my wedding cake which was a suprise present from my wife... if you wish to go down the rad of " hang on this person is not towing the normal Hibs .netter line" then that is your prerogative.

DirtyDeeds
30-12-2009, 10:24 PM

You're damn right we wouldnt be having this thread, because a player from a provincial club wouldnt have an ounce of the arrogance that Mr Boyd does. They'd see it as an honour to have the opportunity to play for their country. Does he really believe that in four years at Rangers, EVERY manager has wronged him by ignoring him constantly in Europe, and fairly regularly for Old Firm games? If he did, wouldnt he have walked out on each of them (McLeish, Le Guen, and Smith i think)??

He doesnt care about playing for Scotland, and for me that isnt good enough. We'll not achieve more as a team with his added goal threat, knowing that he wont chase those long balls to the corners; go in for the ugly 50-50s in the 6 yard box where he might graze is knee and miss a game fr his beloved Huns; take the doings from the Cannavaro's and Gallas' (as we know hes a protected species from such treatment in Scotland). But if you'd rather we gubbed the Faroes etc by 7 instead of 5, lets get him back.

As for your bigotry nonsense, I hate Boyd because he always scores against us, and is an arrogant phanny. I also hate that he plays for Rangers, who I detest. Mainly because they are a pitiful institution that tolerates and borderline encourages BIGOTRY in their ranks. Am I really a bigot for hating bigots? From your comfortable seat down south, you arent surrounded by the filth of the Old Firm like us, so I can only give you that as an excuse for the gash pouring from your keyboard.

meeks0-7
30-12-2009, 10:24 PM
The ones above

Sorry I thought they had all been answered

ronaldo7
30-12-2009, 10:26 PM

You might be right:bye:

meeks0-7
30-12-2009, 10:27 PM
You're damn right we wouldnt be having this thread, because a player from a provincial club wouldnt have an ounce of the arrogance that Mr Boyd does. They'd see it as an honour to have the opportunity to play for their country. Does he really believe that in four years at Rangers, EVERY manager has wronged him by ignoring him constantly in Europe, and fairly regularly for Old Firm games? If he did, wouldnt he have walked out on each of them (McLeish, Le Guen, and Smith i think)??

He doesnt care about playing for Scotland, and for me that isnt good enough. We'll not achieve more as a team with his added goal threat, knowing that he wont chase those long balls to the corners; go in for the ugly 50-50s in the 6 yard box where he might graze is knee and miss a game fr his beloved Huns; take the doings from the Cannavaro's and Gallas' (as we know hes a protected species from such treatment in Scotland). But if you'd rather we gubbed the Faroes etc by 7 instead of 5, lets get him back.

As for your bigotry nonsense, I hate Boyd because he always scores against us, and is an arrogant phanny. I also hate that he plays for Rangers, who I detest. Mainly because they are a pitiful institution that tolerates and borderline encourages BIGOTRY in their ranks. Am I really a bigot for hating bigots? From your comfortable seat down south,

you arent surrounded by the filth of the Old Firm like us, so I can only give you that as an excuse for the gash pouring from your keyboard.

You try living here mate.... if you think bigotry is rife back home!!! You try it here!

ronaldo7
30-12-2009, 10:29 PM

As for your bigotry nonsense, I hate Boyd because he always scores against us, and is an arrogant phanny. I also hate that he plays for Rangers, who I detest. Mainly because they are a pitiful institution that tolerates and borderline encourages BIGOTRY in their ranks. Am I really a bigot for hating bigots? From your comfortable seat down south, you arent surrounded by the filth of the Old Firm like us, so I can only give you that as an excuse for the gash pouring from your keyboard.

Corby is full of huns:wink:

meeks0-7
30-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Corby is full of huns:wink:

Your right there... only been there once..... hopefully never again!
Is that bigotry?:wink:

ronaldo7
30-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Your right there... only been there once..... hopefully never again!
Is that bigotry?:wink:

Never knew about that word Bigotry until you brought it up tonight. Care to elaborate why?

meeks0-7
30-12-2009, 10:35 PM

After eight years of marriage I have just noticed the flowers in that picture (actually quite proud of that!) Divorce proceedings are forthcoming:greengrin

ArabHibee
30-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Didn't Garry O'Connor do something similar and go in the huff when Granpa Walter was in charge of the Scotland team?

ArabHibee
30-12-2009, 10:37 PM
After eight years of marriage I have just noticed the flowers in that picture (actually quite proud of that!) Divorce proceedings are forthcoming:greengrin

:agree: Yeah, I'd be having words like. :wink:

HONG KONG PHOOEY
30-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Boyd shoul never play for Scotland. HE gave up on US (OR THE LAST MAGAMENT) end of story

McIntosh
30-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Not really a team player, though undoubtedly a goal scorer in this league. In my opinion his apalling attitude has always left a lot to be desired. However, his phantom injuries and call-offs make him suspect.

The verdict is not out its been returned - no return, quite simply not fit in temprement or physique to play international football.

meeks0-7
30-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Never knew about that word Bigotry until you brought it up tonight. Care to elaborate why?

Bad education?

meeks0-7
30-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Didn't Garry O'Connor do something similar and go in the huff when Granpa Walter was in charge of the Scotland team?

Ah but that was probably nothing:wink:

ronaldo7
30-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Bad education?

Yours :agree:

meeks0-7
30-12-2009, 10:43 PM

:top marks

meeks0-7
30-12-2009, 10:48 PM

Anyway chaps.... despite our disagreements all I would like to say is I wish you all a Happy New Year and hope you all have a prosperous one.
God Bless the Hibees and I hope our form continues.... obviously not Sunday's! Have a good 2010!:thumbsup:

ronaldo7
30-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Anyway chaps.... despite our disagreements all I would like to say is I wish you all a Happy New Year and hope you all have a prosperous one.
God Bless the Hibees and I hope our form continues.... obviously not Sunday's! Have a good 2010!:thumbsup:

Opinions:agree: Have a good NEW YEAR.. OH **** I'M SHOUTING AGAIN

meeks0-7
30-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Opinions:agree: Have a good NEW YEAR.. OH **** I'M SHOUTING AGAIN

No as loud though!:wink:

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
30-12-2009, 11:16 PM
Boyd will be doing it in the epl next season, he keeps scoring and he could end up at Liverpool as they badly need a guy to go with Torres.

sesoim
31-12-2009, 12:21 AM
Of course he should play. I want Scotland to qualify for 2012, and he is our best finisher. Would the folk that are saying no here accept us NOT qualifying just to make a point about loyalty?

Then again, looking at some folks opinions/avatars etc, does everybody here actually support Scotland? Or do some folk here think the same way about Scotland as Celtic fans do?

Beefster
31-12-2009, 06:12 AM
Boyd will be doing it in the epl next season, he keeps scoring and he could end up at Liverpool as they badly need a guy to go with Torres.

He's about as likely to play for Liverpool as I am.

hibiedude
31-12-2009, 06:33 AM
As said on anther thread I would have Boyd back in a second.

But lets put another question out about Boyd

DOES HE BRING CLUB FORM INTO THE INTERNATINAL SETUP

Hibbyradge
31-12-2009, 08:20 AM
What happens if Boyd is in the squad and doesn't get picked?

Or, if he finds out that he doesn't like Craig Levein?

Barney McGrew
31-12-2009, 09:01 AM

It was slightly different - he didn't bother turning up when he was selected for a squad. He then apologised later on. Still turned his back on his national team at the time though, so I sure some of the more outspoken posters will want to see him out the squad too :wink:

As for Boyd, he made it pretty clear at the time that his problem was with Burley, not Scotland, and that he still hoped to play again for the national team in the future.

hibiedude
31-12-2009, 09:08 AM
The reason Garry O'Connor didn't turn was for Family issues.

Bostonhibby
01-01-2010, 12:06 PM
No.

What if his next toys out the pram episode is because Levein won't pick his team mate McGregor or his felow patriot Barry "general midfielder" Ferguson? or maybe he will object to playing up front with Deek if picked.

Not for me I am afraid, there was a time when players would do anything to play for their country and if there was to be any conditions the manager set them rather than had them dictated to them. Boyds a top scorer in a crap league and not worth the fuss at a higher level which is why he isnt playing there or atracting that much attention. Even English First Division sides who could afford him aren't exactly queueing up for him

Sprouleflyer
01-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Yes, without a shadow of doubt he is the best striker (in the 18 yard box) by a mile.

I also think that there is more to the falling out Boyd had with Burley.

bod
01-01-2010, 11:00 PM
did David Weir not wrap internationals in after wee Berti slagged him off ?

500miles
01-01-2010, 11:08 PM

David Weir was about 32, which is the sort of age that players should be thinking about thier ability to play internationally anyway.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-01-2010, 11:09 PM

Did Weir go onto the papers and claim the moral high ground ? Did he claim he was right to walk out because the manager was useless ?? What happens when the next manager comes in can Boyd walk out AGAIN ?

bod
01-01-2010, 11:39 PM
i dont know the reasons for Weir not wanting picked again ,IMO Scotland benifited when he came back apart from when he slipped against the Netherlands.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-01-2010, 11:41 PM
i dont know the reasons for Weir not wanting picked again ,IMO Scotland benifited when he came back apart from when he slipped against the Netherlands.

So players have the right to walk in and out of the International team when they want ? No they dont, he is a fool and should not get back into the International set up.

bod
01-01-2010, 11:46 PM
never said that,was it Walter that asked him back ?
you've followed Scotland home & away dont you think scotland have benifited with Weir at the playing

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-01-2010, 11:50 PM
never said that,was it Walter that asked him back ?
you've followed Scotland home & away dont you think scotland have benifited with Weir at the playing
My one question would be - Rangers can afford one passenger for 89 minutes and get get one goal from his one minutes work. Can Scotland ? Miller might be a bad scorer but will work for 90minutes (back and forward) so can fletcher. Who should play when we need workers ?

bod
01-01-2010, 11:54 PM
agree with you there.but how many chances do the rankers strikers get every week.I'd go for Boyd & Fletch.Think Millers cost us too many chances & a younger strike force would benifit us through the forthcoming campain.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-01-2010, 11:56 PM
agree with you there.but how many chances do the rankers strikers get every week.I'd go for Boyd & Fletch.Think Millers cost us too many chances & a younger strike force would benifit us through the forthcoming campain.

Fair comment, but would rather watch Flethch and AN OTHER rather than the boy who sold his country down the river.

bod
02-01-2010, 12:08 AM
if scotland got 3 points then i dont think there would be much fuss.
I think theres more to boyd & burnley than we'll ever be made public