PDA

View Full Version : How many signings in January?

cwilliamson85
30-12-2009, 08:23 AM
With talk of Anderson deal already done.

How many signings do you think we will do before the transfer window closes?

I think if we get Anderson and a new keeper we will be sorted till the end of the season.

MyJo
30-12-2009, 08:25 AM
i wouldn't get your hopes up for a new keeper TBH but i reckon we'll see three decent signings with 2 current players leaving.

HibbyAndy
30-12-2009, 05:23 PM
2 players in.

Dibben
30-12-2009, 05:35 PM
3 in...

3 out (2 on loan - youths!)

:thumbsup:

BH.

Westie1875
30-12-2009, 05:35 PM
2 players in.

CB/RB & a goalie would be good as long as we don't lose anyone.

Dibben
30-12-2009, 05:37 PM
CB/RB & a goalie would be good as long as we don't lose anyone.

My guess is Anderson, Barr & Gray (loan) in and Thicot, Welsh & Currie (both on loan) out.

If the likes of Benji goes, then we may see movement in the market for forward players!

BH.

Westie1875
30-12-2009, 05:41 PM
My guess is Anderson, Barr & Gray (loan) in and Thicot, Welsh & Currie (both on loan) out.

If the likes of Benji goes, then we may see movement in the market for forward players!

BH.

So which one of them do we think is going to be back up for Stack then? :greengrin

.Sean.
30-12-2009, 05:42 PM

BH.
You really see us signing three defenders?

Tiocfaidh Ar La
30-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Who is Gray???:confused:

truehibernian
30-12-2009, 06:12 PM
Definitely signing a full back and today I was chasing up a rumour from summer about Volz. Apparently he is very good friends with young Anthony "scores for fun" Stokes :wink: and is back training again. Certainly fits the "character" mould that Yogi is looking for. A more home grown signing is on the cards though methinks (not Anderson).

Dibben
30-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Who is Gray???:confused:

David Gray.. Man Utd youngster... (Cue all the song titles! :greengrin)

3 defenders, who knows...

Anderson is a possibility, Barr I reckon we'll definately try for a Pre contract, so they might try to get in him early. Gray, would allow us to utilise Wotherspoon further forward - and strengthen our defense (I presume - never seen Gray play TBH!). Alot may depend on whether Bamba is away as well. And there is always question marks over Hogg!

Truth be told, I know eck all about Hibs transfer dealings... :wink:

BH.

McD
30-12-2009, 06:23 PM
You really see us signing three defenders?

Would be pretty chuffed if they all came in tbh. Hogg has still to convince many, its expected bamba will be away by next seasons kickoff, so have a choice of anderson, barr, hogg and murray (:pray:) for centreback will be good, altho Im more than happy with IM at left back, hoping he will re-sign. Thicot, whilst never doing much wrong, just does not seem to float yogi's boat, and prob wouldnt want to hang about being 5th, possible 6th (moyes) choice centre back.

Also, gray is an u21 international, seems to be a more natural right back than wotherspoonso should strengthen us there whilst also adding to the attacking midfield options by allowing wotherspoon to play higher, and possible shifting zemmama to another role, should yogi see fit.

Dibben
30-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Would be pretty chuffed if they all came in tbh. Hogg has still to convince many, its expected bamba will be away by next seasons kickoff, so have a choice of anderson, barr, hogg and murray (:pray:) for centreback will be good, altho Im more than happy with IM at left back, hoping he will re-sign. Thicot, whilst never doing much wrong, just does not seem to float yogi's boat, and prob wouldnt want to hang about being 5th, possible 6th (moyes) choice centre back.

Also, gray is an u21 international, seems to be a more natural right back than wotherspoonso should strengthen us there whilst also adding to the attacking midfield options by allowing wotherspoon to play higher, and possible shifting zemmama to another role, should yogi see fit.

:agree: Zemmama could play in the hole behind the striker!! His trickery outside the box as opposed to the wing! :thumbsup:

BH.

.Sean.
30-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Definitely signing a full back and today I was chasing up a rumour from summer about Volz. Apparently he is very good friends with young Anthony "scores for fun" Stokes :wink: and is back training again. Certainly fits the "character" mould that Yogi is looking for. A more home grown signing is on the cards though methinks (not Anderson).
I didn't think there was any substance to the Volz rumours :confused:

brydekirk
30-12-2009, 06:45 PM
:agree: Zemmama could play in the hole behind the striker!! His trickery outside the box as opposed to the wing! :thumbsup:

BH.

like that idea :thumbsup:

McD
30-12-2009, 06:52 PM
like that idea :thumbsup:

Very much so.
Even in yogi's current system, take out nish, add in gray, and adjust accordingly.

That leaves stokes up front, with deek, zemmama and wotherspoon in close support, mcbride and miller supplying quality possession, and the back 4 of gray, murray, and (hopefully) 2 from hogg/anderson/bamba/barr, stack in the sticks.

:greengrin

sesoim
30-12-2009, 07:17 PM
With talk of Anderson deal already done.

How many signings do you think we will do before the transfer window closes?

I think if we get Anderson and a new keeper we will be sorted till the end of the season.

:agree: I'd happily go along with that. I expect Bamba to leave soon, and we may let go of a few others like Maka, Stevenson, Thicot, Benji and so on. Their wages could go towards Anderson and a basic, steady GK to challenge Stack.

If Zemmama is sold, Hughes will need some decent money to sign a player or two with "spark". And we could still do with another Sproule-type superquick supersub.

ancient hibee
30-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Don't think we'll sign Anderson as he'd be too old to sell on in a couple of seasons.

hfc rd
30-12-2009, 11:18 PM
3 in & 3 out