PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Russell Anderson to sign! (Maybe)!

keo1875
29-12-2009, 11:49 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2787808/Ex-Aberdeen-and-Scotland-star-Russell-Anderson-could-move-to-Hibernian.html

sorry if posted

J-C
29-12-2009, 11:52 PM
If signed by friday is he fit enough to start in the sunday derby game against the smelly half of Edinburgh.

Hibernian Verse
29-12-2009, 11:53 PM
If signed by friday is he fit enough to start in the sunday derby game against the smelly half of Edinburgh.

:pray: The Jambos will be sick. Enough of these EPL players!

Dalkeith
29-12-2009, 11:55 PM
old news post no.20:thumbsup:

http://hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=170143

J-C
29-12-2009, 11:59 PM

It's went from reliably infoermed to news paper story though.:greengrin

Captain Trips
29-12-2009, 11:59 PM
Good to see that the right area is to be improved, hopefully he will do that if signed.

Dalkeith
30-12-2009, 12:00 AM
It's went from reliably infoermed to news paper story though.:greengrin

wonder where they got the story from:greengrin

1875godsgift
30-12-2009, 12:21 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2787808/Ex-Aberdeen-and-Scotland-star-Russell-Anderson-could-move-to-Hibernian.html

sorry if posted
He's already listed as a Hibs player on Wikipedia!

basehibby
30-12-2009, 12:25 AM

More of a recent rumour no???

Now it's made the tabs it gives it a wee bit more cred and from the other teams quoted Hibs would surely have the most muscle at this moment in time.

He'd certainly fit the bill for satisfying Yogi's stated preferences re transfer targets and shoring up our defence - dominant centre half with possibly his best years ahead of him (his recent injury problems being the major risk factor).

He's proved already that he can handle life in the SPL - was a bit unlucky with injuries at the start of his spell down south if I understand correctly - could be a really good signing IMO - especially if on a free transfer :agree:

davym7062
30-12-2009, 12:26 AM
i dont care if he's ready for the derby. he will improve us greatly for the rest of the season.:thumbsup:

Lmc2105
30-12-2009, 12:41 AM
just an indication of things to come
what a great replacement for sol ... i think anderson is a very strong def good in the air and will be a good addition to the team smart thinking yogi!

lets hope more to come

good times indeed :agree:

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2009, 12:43 AM
He was a superb central defender. I have no idea how good he is now, but if he can get near to what he was at the sheep, he will be a very good signing.

Lmc2105
30-12-2009, 12:45 AM
He was a superb central defender. I have no idea how good he is now, but if he can get near to what he was at the sheep, he will be a very good signing.

our friends over on 12 points back have a thread on this already :faf:

does there club not generate anything interesting:bye:

matty_f
30-12-2009, 12:49 AM

:agree:

Potentially a very good signing indeed, I think Webster has shown with his time at Utd that it's possible to put a couple of seasons of injury behind you and perform well in the SPL. Hopefully (if we sign him), he'll do the business for us.

sambajustice
30-12-2009, 12:50 AM
**** me!

We'll have Robocop playing at centre half! He'll no come off 2nd best in a tackle!

As long as the Yams dont sign ED-209 to play upfront we'll do alright this season...

PC Stamp
30-12-2009, 12:57 AM
**** me!

We'll have Robocop playing at centre half! He'll no come off 2nd best in a tackle!

As long as the Yams dont sign ED-209 to play upfront we'll do alright this season...

Yams couldn't even afford K9! :wink:

matty_f
30-12-2009, 12:58 AM
Yams couldn't even afford K9! :wink:

Though Nade would be salivating at the prospect of getting some micro-chips.:agree:

basehibby
30-12-2009, 02:32 AM
just thougt I'd add - he was always a target for me in Championship Manager (the one when Hibs still had McManus up front) :greengrin

Speedy
30-12-2009, 03:39 AM
From his wikipedia page:

"Russell James Anderson (born 25 October 1978) is a Scottish football defender who currently does not play for Hibernian." :greengrin

Landells
30-12-2009, 06:56 AM
I'd go with him:agree:

Judas Iscariot
30-12-2009, 07:07 AM
I'd go with him:agree:

Poofter :agree:

Mikey
30-12-2009, 07:10 AM
I heard at the time that the recent game against Sunderland could have been set up to allow Hughes to see Anderson in action. Looks like that may be right.

So, on that basis, was the game against Newcastle used for the same purpose? Here's their starting line up from from that game............

Alnwick
Taylor
Tozer
Kadar
Ferguson
Donaldson
Geremi
Mouritsen
Edmundsson
Ranger
Ameobi

Landells
30-12-2009, 07:16 AM
Poofter :agree:

I'm not gay!!!! Its my boyfriend :shhhsh!:

Mikey
30-12-2009, 07:30 AM
our friends over on 12 points back have a thread on this already :faf:

does there club not generate anything interesting:bye:

Good to see they're writing him off already.

They're saying the same things about him as they said about Stokes. And Miller. And Murray. :coffee:

mjhibby
30-12-2009, 08:20 AM
What a tremendous signing if true.He is coming back to fitness and has played in a few reserve games in the epl which lets face it arent far off the standard of the spl.How the mighty jambos have fallen when their jealousy of the actual big team sees them try to slag hibs signing an epl player while they try to sign guys who cant even get into a team in the bottom of the championship or top of league one.Quite obvious to everybody who the big team is i think.

mjhibby
30-12-2009, 08:21 AM
Btw anubody any idea how the aberdeen fans are thinking about this as im sure they would have loved him back.

mjhibby
30-12-2009, 08:28 AM
Having had a quick look at sickbag,quite a few of them actually realise it would be acracking signing and while he may take a while to reach full fitness he will be a great addition to the squad and maybe,just maybe,means bamba is away in january which would give yogi the spending power to get in his goalie and probably another centre midfielder.Exciting times,if they werent already. :thumbsup:

hibiedude
30-12-2009, 08:31 AM
Good signing if it happens :thumbsup:

Dibben
30-12-2009, 08:34 AM
Btw anubody any idea how the aberdeen fans are thinking about this as im sure they would have loved him back.

They suggest that he'd always choose to sign for the Dons as opposed to another 2nd rate SPL team... (at least by that comment they infer that THEY are a 2nd rate team!).

BH.

Www1875hfc
30-12-2009, 08:39 AM
Having had a quick look at sickbag,quite a few of them actually realise it would be acracking signing and while he may take a while to reach full fitness he will be a great addition to the squad and maybe,just maybe,means bamba is away in january which would give yogi the spending power to get in his goalie and probably another centre midfielder.Exciting times,if they werent already. :thumbsup:

Anderson would certainly enhance our squad, think it would be a cracking signing.:agree:

As for the bit in bold,imagine if yogi could get 2 more in, in the january transfer window :thumbsup:

hibsbollah
30-12-2009, 08:44 AM
I always liked him, although the mackems I know werent that impressed (although that may be because of his injury record that what they actually saw of him on the pitch).

...WentToMowAnSPL
30-12-2009, 08:52 AM
Would be well pleased.. onwards and upwards hibs :thumbsup:

Would underline our status as a club where players can relaunch their careers : which is no bad thing to be, given some of the players we have attracted this season

GGTTH

brydekirk
30-12-2009, 08:56 AM
good news :agree: knew yogi would sign quality

Barney McGrew
30-12-2009, 08:57 AM

They're saying the same things about him as they said about Stokes. And Miller. And Murray. :coffee:

And Riordan. And McBride. And Bamba.

:rolleyes:

CorrieHibs
30-12-2009, 08:57 AM
:thumbsup:Pleased with that one if he can get his match fitness and get the form he produced at the Dons he'll be a great addition. Interesting to see what happens to Hogg when Bamba is back.

cwilliamson85
30-12-2009, 09:21 AM
:thumbsup:Pleased with that one if he can get his match fitness and get the form he produced at the Dons he'll be a great addition. Interesting to see what happens to Hogg when Bamba is back.

I cant see it being an issue. Anderson is 30+ so he wont be able to play every game but at least we will have a choice of 3 suitable defenders.

Bring him on and another keeper and that should do us till the end of the season.

Part/Time Supporter
30-12-2009, 09:21 AM
I always liked him, although the mackems I know werent that impressed (although that may be because of his injury record that what they actually saw of him on the pitch).

He only played one league game for them, so I can't really see how they can have formed a considered opinion of him. A lot of that will be based on "he can't get a game, he can't be any good" train of thought. Facts are he played 280 games for Aberdeen and was nominated for player of the year in his last season in the SPL (06/07).

Are these the same Jambos who are wetting themselves at the thought of signing strikers who can't get a game for struggling championship / high up league one clubs?

:dunno:

HFC 0-7
30-12-2009, 09:24 AM
I cant see it being an issue. Anderson is 30+ so he wont be able to play every game but at least we will have a choice of 3 suitable defenders.

Bring him on and another keeper and that should do us till the end of the season.

Dont see his age being a problem when you look at the likes of David Weir at Rangers, he seems to be an ever present for them and he is about 40!

Andy74
30-12-2009, 09:30 AM
As I've been saying since the Amsterdam tournament in July!

hibsbollah
30-12-2009, 09:31 AM
He only played one league game for them, so I can't really see how they can have formed a considered opinion of him.

:dunno:

Thats the point I was making.

brydekirk
30-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Dont see his age being a problem when you look at the likes of David Weir at Rangers, he seems to be an ever present for them and he is about 40!

andersons only 31, get a good 3 seasons at this level at least :thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
30-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Absolutely delighted if this is true. Only way it won't be is if the Sun has lifted it directly from here.
An experienced SPL centre half? Yes please. Always a standout for the Dons.
If he can stay fit, then another clever clever signing from Yogi.
Hibernian....The Reformation Home for Underachieving Premiership Players :thumbsup: (RHUPP for short :wink: )

sahib
30-12-2009, 09:40 AM
Given his age and recent infirmity, this signing seems to fly in the face of the stated signing policy,

Andy74
30-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Given his age and recent infirmity,makes this signing seems to fly in the face of the stated signing policy,

Maybe you shouldn't have taken the 'policy' quite so literaly. Hughes was just saying the type of ages he was looking to bring in. Players at their peak where possible. For centre halfs he's just the right age. Andy Webster was another who was too far gone with injuries and lack of games for us to sign. That turned out to be bollix too.

We aren't going to get current internationals in their prime if they are fit and playing for their clubs . Like Murray, Miller, Stokes and even Riordan you need to go for quality where you can find it and trust that you can help get them to their peak.

StevieC
30-12-2009, 09:55 AM
Like Murray, Miller, Stokes and even Riordan you need to go for quality where you can find it and trust that you can help get them to their peak.

In Yogi we trust.

:wink:

Golden Bear
30-12-2009, 10:05 AM
More news

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8434574.stm

down-the-slope
30-12-2009, 10:06 AM

:rolleyes: He's a bairn compared to David Weir who strolled through his last game against us using his experience to organise those around him..If a player like Anderson playing at CH can beat the injury then there is also the benefit of not having had the rigours of playing for a couple of years which could also prolong number of years he could playon. He always struck me as being one of those who did the right things off the pitch lifestyle wise. Would probably be a good addition in the dressing room with the youngsters as Miller has apparently been.

H18sry
30-12-2009, 10:08 AM
I heard at the time that the recent game against Sunderland could have been set up to allow Hughes to see Anderson in action. Looks like that may be right.

So, on that basis, was the game against Newcastle used for the same purpose? Here's their starting line up from from that game............

Alnwick
Taylor
Tozer
Kadar
Ferguson
Donaldson
Geremi
Mouritsen
Edmundsson
Ranger
Ameobi

So who out of that line up will be coming up the road to sign for us :wink:

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Maybe you shouldn't have taken the 'policy' quite so literaly. Hughes was just saying the type of ages he was looking to bring in. Players at their peak where possible. For centre halfs he's just the right age. Andy Webster was another who was too far gone with injuries and lack of games for us to sign. That turned out to be bollix too.

We aren't going to get current internationals in their prime if they are fit and playing for their clubs . Like Murray, Miller, Stokes and even Riordan you need to go for quality where you can find it and trust that you can help get them to their peak.

Yip thats true, like we did with David Murphy too. Players who have lost their way, coming back from injury, but have clearly been quality is the way we have to go, we cant afford any other way. Couple that with a few gems like McBride, and the kids coming through too, confirms to me we are making progress.:thumbsup:

sunshine1875
30-12-2009, 10:13 AM
On BBC website now.

Golden Bear
30-12-2009, 10:14 AM
On BBC website now.

Ahem - see post 46.

:grr::wink:

hibsbollah
30-12-2009, 10:17 AM

Alnwick
Taylor
Tozer
Kadar
Ferguson
Donaldson
Geremi
Mouritsen
Edmundsson
Ranger
Ameobi

Tozer and Kadar are both young, big left backs that are highly rated and not getting a game for the geordies, but id imagine Yogi will be looking for someone with some more experience. Alnwick is supposed to be a good keeper. Or he could be looking at all of them. or none of them. Or not:greengrin

Barney McGrew
30-12-2009, 10:18 AM
It would be good to get him in place before the derby.

His experience and ability in the air will be particularly useful against a big, physical side like Hertz.

Forza Fred
30-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Can he play in goals?:wink:

Golden Bear
30-12-2009, 10:21 AM

Nae worries - according to today's "Scotsman" - "Stark has recovered to the extent that he will come into consideration for the game against
Hearts"

:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2009, 10:21 AM

Stop it, don't you know by your silly innuendo's this is character assassination, and bullying. :wink::faf:

heretoday
30-12-2009, 10:23 AM
He could be just what Hibs need to settle the back line who were awful against the Bears.

I just worry that he may have a recurring injury problem.

matty_f

His experience and ability in the air will be particularly useful against a big, physical side like Hertz.

It's important that we are strong at the back for the derby to help counter the big, physical side that is the Yams.:agree:

blackpoolhibs
Nae worries - according to today's "Scotsman" - "Stark has recovered to the extent that he will come into consideration for the game against
Hearts"

Thank ****. :top marks:top marks:top marks:notworthy::pray::pray:

Barney McGrew
30-12-2009, 10:26 AM
It's important that we are strong at the back for the derby to help counter the big, physical side that is the Yams.:agree:

We'll need to be physically strong all over the park to win all the big high balls in the air that they'll be launching about.

sahib
30-12-2009, 10:26 AM

In other words they were talking bollox.

MyJo
30-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Hearts"

if im being honest i would have preferred it if Stack was playing :greengrin

Big_D
30-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Hearts"

Billy ? :confused:

Derek Dougan
30-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Hearts"

Stark?? Never knew Billy was that good a keeper :greengrin

Golden Bear
30-12-2009, 10:29 AM
while thats good news if im being honest i would have preferred it if Stack was playing :greengrin

It's mair fun to make a direct quote when you know they've misspelt
the name.

:greengrin

hibbie02
30-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Undoubtably a great signing if he keeps fit. Def Hibs classs!!!:wink:

Hakim Sar
30-12-2009, 10:32 AM
Very pleased with this. Where better to relaunch your career than at Easter road. Special mention goes to the coaching staff for getting these types of signings fully fit. And it is not as if we are signing big names willy nilly - we are signing talented players with points to prove and potentially still a crack at international football. could make for a very determined chemistry and willingness to succeed in the team.

Anderson IIRC can also score a few goals from corners etc so could be interesting. Anyone know if it was a knee injury he had? Could have reduced his speed/confidence to enter big challenges???? Hope he has the same attitude as ian Murray.

I hear hearts are signing erm... um.... eh ach theyl just stick with clum the now

Golden Bear
30-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Thank ****. :top marks:top marks:top marks:notworthy::pray::pray:

However - "Makalambay would have been passed fit to play at McDiarmid Park tonight had the game been on"

:shocked:

MyJo
30-12-2009, 10:38 AM
However - "Makalambay would have been passed fit to play at McDiarmid Park tonight had the game been on"

maybe we should send him up there tonight anyway.....the clean sheet will do wonders for his confidence :greengrin

Brando7
30-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Is this a loan signing or free transfer?, doesn't state on either sun or BBC

MyJo
30-12-2009, 10:40 AM

it says in the sun that Sunderland are willing to pay up his contract and let him leave on a free transfer so we wouldn't have to pay a fee and Russ has a nice we wedge in his pocket meaning he can afford to take a drop in wages with us.

Sandy
30-12-2009, 10:40 AM

Believe me they will be spewing if he signs for us. Before I left Aberdeen (two weeks ago) I was talking to a few Dons fans about this, and they were not happy sheeps at all. Good news for me as well if true, I got my tickets for the France v Scotland match fae Russell :greengrin

GlesgaeHibby
30-12-2009, 10:41 AM

Free transfer.

If he's well over his injury problems and can hit the form he did with Aberdeen this will be an excellent signing.

Judas Iscariot
30-12-2009, 10:41 AM
maybe we should send him up there tonight anyway.....the clean sheet will do wonders for his confidence :greengrin

Ladbrokes are giving Evens on him still conceding :wink:

Leithenhibby
30-12-2009, 10:49 AM

:agree: Maka has the jersey, and for me gets the nod. :cool2:

Because he is a player I like. I just hope he keeps off the site :boo hoo:

As for RA, cracking signing if true....:notworthy:

givescotlandfreedom
30-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Anderson would be a very good signing for us he's a quality defender, decent taker of set pieces from the back forward (if that makes any sense) and a leader.

New Corrie
30-12-2009, 10:55 AM
:rolleyes: He's a bairn compared to David Weir who strolled through his last game against us using his experience to organise those around him..If a player like Anderson playing at CH can beat the injury then there is also the benefit of not having had the rigours of playing for a couple of years which could also prolong number of years he could playon. He always struck me as being one of those who did the right things off the pitch lifestyle wise. Would probably be a good addition in the dressing room with the youngsters as Miller has apparently been.

Correct, potentialy a very good signing, a big experienced CB is exactly what is required (along with keeper and RB) of course!

.Sean.
30-12-2009, 10:56 AM
I'd be very impressed if we were to sign Anderson. An EPL defender, who knows the Scottish game like the back of his hand, and has international experience? I'll take that anytime over Lithuanian unknowns and players from the Spanish regional leagues.

Well done Rodders and Yogi if they pull this off :agree:

Littlest Hobo
30-12-2009, 11:00 AM

I think there might just be some truth in this? As much as I'm delighted that we are even thinking about bringing in new players when other clubs are so skint, I'd hate to lose Bamba half way through the seasom. I think he could be a real shot in the arm for us when he returns from the African nations and who knows might help us on a wee cup run?:wink::thumbsup:

lucky
30-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Great signing. He is a decent player. Another yogi triumph while shabby is looking to sign a Peterborough reserve :thumbsup:

Dibben
30-12-2009, 11:07 AM
According to this (http://www.sunderlandecho.com/safc/Westwood-linked-again-but-Hibs.5945735.jp) Hibs have denied this story - no quotes however!!

BH.

Gmack7
30-12-2009, 11:08 AM
a bit of a sunderland connection here stokes, miller, hopeully anderson is kenwyne jones getting a game just now:wink:

Frazerbob
30-12-2009, 11:09 AM
http://www.afc-chat.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=22146&st=80

It's safe to say the Sheep are not happy about this. Pretty much to a man, they are gutted he looks like coming to us. Interesting to read one post claiming he has been playing full back for Burnley.

sahib
30-12-2009, 11:12 AM
I'd be very impressed if we were to sign Anderson. An EPL defender, who knows the Scottish game like the back of his hand, and has international experience? I'll take that anytime over Lithuanian unknowns and players from the Spanish regional leagues.

Well done Rodders and Yogi if they pull this off :agree:

One substitute appearance against Wigan two years ago.
If he is a free then I suppose he is worth a wee shot. He could well be finished though.

MacBean
30-12-2009, 11:22 AM

those three magic words!

MacBean
30-12-2009, 11:27 AM
According to this (http://www.sunderlandecho.com/safc/Westwood-linked-again-but-Hibs.5945735.jp) Hibs have denied this story - no quotes however!!

BH.

Meanwhile, the door has been opened for Sunderland misfit Russell Anderson to leave the club in January.

The former Aberdeen centre-half will come to the end of a three-year contract this summer but has no part to play in Steve Bruce's plans.

And the Black Cats are believed ready to agree a deal on the remainder of the player's contract which would free him up for an early exit from the Stadium of Light.

SPL high-fliers Hibs were said to be on the verge of signing the 31-year-old but the club has this morning denied those claims.

St Johnstone and Anderson's former club Aberdeen are believed to be monitoring the situation.

Hmmmm.... hibs dont tend to comment on transfer dealings!?

Mikey
30-12-2009, 11:31 AM

BH.

Hibs won't say anything until he's signed on the dotted line.

MyJo
30-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Hmmmm.... hibs dont tend to comment on transfer dealings!?

exactly, but it seems that refusing to discuss transfer dealings with the media counts as a denial

NOLA
30-12-2009, 11:39 AM

Alnwick
Taylor
Tozer
Kadar
Ferguson
Donaldson
Geremi
Mouritsen
Edmundsson
Ranger
Ameobi

and who was the stand out player and MOTM in both games? Paul Hanlon,
agree that we could use andersons experience but just feel it's a BIG gamble by hughes, we shall see.

hibbie02
30-12-2009, 11:40 AM
And Sunderland may be releasing a keeper too!!! Plookey anyone? Now that would piss off the Yams!!! (Aye I know he is out injured just now, but what sport!) :jamboak:

mayo hibee
30-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Hibs won't say anything until he's signed on the dotted line.

Yes, looking like he'll be here and it's fantastic news.

An ideal age as well, we don't have many (any?) 30 somethings at the club so his experience with a younger team around him will be invaluable, and if he gets back to or is already back to full fitness, he's at the kind of age where he could finish his career at hibs - he could well be first choice centre back for the next 4 or 5 seasons.

It's win/win with Bamba now too, if he goes, Hibs will get a few million to spend and have a replacement lined up, if he stays then that's an exceptional looking SPL centre back partnership for the rest of the season.

:cool2:

Any news on contract length etc.?

Judas Iscariot
30-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Given his age and recent infirmity, this signing seems to fly in the face of the stated signing policy,

In other words they were talking bollox.

One substitute appearance against Wigan two years ago.
If he is a free then I suppose he is worth a wee shot. He could well be finished though.

Christ, someone got coal for Crimbo eh :cool2:

Speedway
30-12-2009, 11:52 AM
The Yogi era hasn't half led to some proper signings.

Here's the customary Hibs denial about Anderson:

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-Yogi-adamant-Anderson-isn39t.5945191.jp

McD
30-12-2009, 11:53 AM
And Sunderland may be releasing a keeper too!!! Plookey anyone? Mow that would piss off the Yams!!! (Aye I know he is out injured just now, but what sport!) :jamboak:

Can't see them letting a 9mill investment walk, not when they could get some cash back from someone, but bloody hell, that would be a signing and a half!

International keeper (admittedly, when fit, which is the key aspect), would be a massive upgrade, and would prob cause mass suicide over gorgie way

:greengrin

mc5-the-don
30-12-2009, 11:54 AM
Was told a few weeks ago that he was desparate to come back to Aberdeen. It's his home town, he supports the dons, all his and his wifes family are here, he has business interests here, he was on a university placement here in the summer and sees his future in the granite city.

Only spanner in the works may be if McGhee feels we have ample cover in central defence (Ifil, Consideine, Diamon are all CB's, while Foster, Mulgrew & Grassi can all cover CB) and that the money would be better spent strengthening another part of the team. However, Anderson donated his Sunderland signing on fee (£600k) to Aberdeen's youth development, so the club might want to give him a contract which involves a bit of coaching to repay him. Also, would not be surprised if one of the directors puts his hand in his pocket to fund a contract for Anderson, he is that highly though of up here.

Perhaps he will go to Hibs on loan and, once he has proved his fitness, will sign for the Dons in the summer. Would like to see him sign in Jan though. No offence, but if we offer him a contract, he will come.

Hibs Spain
30-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Free transfer.

If he's well over his injury problems and can hit the form he did with Aberdeen this will be an excellent signing.

I'm sure it will be.I just have this memory of him getting subbed early when he a right back at Aberdeen one game when Rougier absolutely destroyed him.It was spectacular.Anderson got taken off for his own safety!

mayo hibee
30-12-2009, 11:56 AM
A few quotes from the dons forum to whet the appetite:

'Totally gutted! Our best player of the past 10+ years.'

'Anderson has more talent than any of our centre halves combined, he'd be a massive assett to us, sold centre half, influential and chips in with a few goals each season.'

'That's absolutely sickening to me.'

'the only player to really stand out for us in the last 10 years'

Hope we can pull it off. Barr alongside as well to complete the defence?

hibs0666
30-12-2009, 11:57 AM
(Ifil, Consideine, Diamon are all CB's

I think you should have the word '*****' in there somewhere. :wink:

Hank Schrader
30-12-2009, 11:57 AM

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-Yogi-adamant-Anderson-isn39t.5945191.jp

I know its the norm for Hibs to come out and deny rumours and such but Yogi does seem pretty adamant the Anderson isn't among his targets.:confused:

I agree with your first bit, I never thought we had a chance of signing some the players Yogi has, Liam Miller especially.

MacBean
30-12-2009, 11:59 AM
The 31-year-old has been frozen out at Sunderland and has been linked with a move to Easter Road, but Hughes was adamant the defender is not on his radar.

However, he disclosed he's intent on strengthening his squad over the coming weeks and didn't rule out having a new face on board in time for Sunday's derby against Hearts

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Westie1875
30-12-2009, 12:01 PM
I know its the norm for Hibs to come out and deny rumours and such but Yogi does seem pretty adamant the Anderson isn't among his targets.:confused:

I agree with your first bit, I never thought we had a chance of signing some the players Yogi has, Liam Miller especially.

I think Yogi said something similar about Miller before he signed, wouldn't read too much into his denial.

Speedway
30-12-2009, 12:02 PM

A player is never amongst your targets when he's already singed for you.:wink:

Remember Yogi denying Liam Miller coming to the club to Brian McLoughlin of the BBC and then the very next day we sign, goodness me, Liam Miller.

Speedway
30-12-2009, 12:05 PM
Was told a few weeks ago that he was desparate to come back to Aberdeen. It's his home town, he supports the dons, all his and his wifes family are here, he has business interests here, he was on a university placement here in the summer and sees his future in the granite city.

Only spanner in the works may be if McGhee feels we have ample cover in central defence (Ifil, Consideine, Diamon are all CB's, while Foster, Mulgrew & Grassi can all cover CB) and that the money would be better spent strengthening another part of the team. However, Anderson donated his Sunderland signing on fee (£600k) to Aberdeen's youth development, so the club might want to give him a contract which involves a bit of coaching to repay him. Also, would not be surprised if one of the directors puts his hand in his pocket to fund a contract for Anderson, he is that highly though of up here.

Perhaps he will go to Hibs on loan and, once he has proved his fitness, will sign for the Dons in the summer. Would like to see him sign in Jan though. No offence, but if we offer him a contract, he will come.

Anderson and his bird had a joint meeting with the Dons Chairman and our Rod and negotiations were intense.

Just as the Dons sentiment selling was swaying Anderson, Rod dropped his strides and thwapped his tackle on the table, winking at Anderson's bird and challenging your guy to match it.

The Dons withdrew their offer immediately and Russell went home to find that his bird had fallen pregnant.

givescotlandfreedom
30-12-2009, 12:06 PM

In your dreams!

McD
30-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Anderson had a joint meeting with the Dons Chairman and our Rod and negotiations were intense.

Just as the Dons sentiment selling was swaying Anderson, Rod dropped his strides and thwapped his tackle on the table, challenging your guy to match it.

The Dons withdrew their offer immediately and Russell went home to find that his bird had fallen pregnant.

Its no coincidence that Rod and Chuck Norris have never been seen in a room at the same time.......

......wee clue in their similarities in interest of facial hair tho :wink:

down-the-slope
30-12-2009, 12:12 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8434574.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8434574.stm)

Beeb now running that Anderson deal is imminent

Winston Ingram
30-12-2009, 12:13 PM

Well, you can't get a clearer denial than that. :boo hoo:

Hank Schrader
30-12-2009, 12:15 PM
A player is never amongst your targets when he's already singed for you.:wink:

Remember Yogi denying Liam Miller coming to the club to Brian McLoughlin of the BBC and then the very next day we sign, goodness me, Liam Miller.

As I get older the more hazy (or sh*te) my memory becomes!! That rings a bell although I always think its daft to deny something so intensely only for it to happen the day after!

Mind you it is equally as daft spouting off about signing players in the press only for it not to happen!! :greengrin

Leithenhibby
30-12-2009, 12:25 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8434574.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8434574.stm)

Beeb now running that Anderson deal is imminent

No it's NO....:wink: thats the same report as this morning.

–adjective 1. likely to occur at any moment; impending: Her death is imminent.
2. projecting or leaning forward; overhanging.

Petrie's Tache
30-12-2009, 12:27 PM

What ****ing planet are you living on ya sheep ****ging bassa?:bye:

Hank Schrader
30-12-2009, 12:28 PM

You're an ever so slightly arrogant sheep fondler arn't you?

CorrieHibs
30-12-2009, 12:33 PM

Yeh dream on mate. I'm sure he'll sign for you's he would love to work under that c*ck McGhee and a team in crisis.

Danderhall Hibs
30-12-2009, 12:34 PM

If Sunderland are paying his contract up, he won't be going on loan anywhere.

whiskyhibby
30-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Christ, someone got coal for Crimbo eh :cool2:

:faf::faf::faf:

:jamboak::jamboak:

McD
30-12-2009, 12:42 PM

None taken, coz IF he signed for ur lot of sheep ticklers, it shows what a lack of ambition RA has, and in which case I wouldnt want him.

A team showing real potential, on course for europe and hopefully keeping some semblance of challenge to the old firm, who will improve with my skills and ability, and could lead me back to the Scotland team, where centre halves are scarce on the ground, or.....Go back on a sentimental whim to a club on a downward slide, looking at midtable mediocrity at best for the foreseable future, coupled with massive financial problems, fans who chased out the last manager for not being successful enough and replacing him with a whining pleb who will continually pine for a job with his beloved sellickfitbaclub...........

thats a tough choice

Hank Schrader
30-12-2009, 12:44 PM
None taken, coz IF he signed for ur lot of sheep ticklers, it shows what a lack of ambition RA has, and in which case I wouldnt want him.

A team showing real potential, on course for europe and hopefully keeping some semblance of challenge to the old firm, who will improve with my skills and ability, and could lead me back to the Scotland team, where centre halves are scarce on the ground, or.....Go back on a sentimental whim to a club on a downward slide, looking at midtable mediocrity at best for the foreseable future, coupled with massive financial problems, fans who chased out the last manager for not being successful enough and replacing him with a whining pleb who will continually pine for a job with his beloved sellickfitbaclub...........

thats a tough choice

:top marks

3pm
30-12-2009, 12:47 PM

Good one Jokeshop. You'll not pull the wool over our eyes. :rolleyes:

CorrieHibs
30-12-2009, 12:48 PM

thats a tough choice

Well said :top marks

MacBean
30-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Good one Jokeshop. You'll not pull the wool over our eyes. :rolleyes:

That's because its stuck between his teeth :wink:

Hibby Kay-Yay
30-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Anderson and his bird had a joint meeting with the Dons Chairman and our Rod and negotiations were intense.

Just as the Dons sentiment selling was swaying Anderson, Rod dropped his strides and thwapped his tackle on the table, winking at Anderson's bird and challenging your guy to match it.

:faf:

Hibs Spain
30-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Well, you can't get a clearer denial than that. :boo hoo:

Pretty clear.Would be an out and out lie if anything happens now.

GreenCastle
30-12-2009, 01:15 PM
So another wild rumour and he's not coming then ?

Change the title of the thread ?

mc5-the-don
30-12-2009, 01:19 PM
You're an ever so slightly arrogant sheep fondler arn't you?

If I was talking about any other player, then it would be arrogant of me to say they would prefer Aberdeen over Hibs, at this current time. Granted. But this is Russell Anderson. If given the choice, I honestly can't see him choosing to play for any Scottish team over Aberdeen. That's not a slight on Hibs, who are in much better health than Aberdeen on and off the pitch, but a reflection of the love and commitment Anderson has for Aberdeen and its football club.

If he signs for Hibs, it will be because there was no deal on offer from Aberdeen, for whatever reason...If you get him and his stays fit, you'll have made a fantastic signing and we'll be sick as ****. I'll still applaud him though, as he was easily our best player over the last 10 years.

Petrie's Tache
30-12-2009, 01:39 PM
If I was talking about any other player, then it would be arrogant of me to say they would prefer Aberdeen over Hibs, at this current time. Granted. But this is Russell Anderson. If given the choice, I honestly can't see him choosing to play for any Scottish team over Aberdeen. That's not a slight on Hibs, who are in much better health than Aberdeen on and off the pitch, but a reflection of the love and commitment Anderson has for Aberdeen and its football club.

If he signs for Hibs, it will be because there was no deal on offer from Aberdeen, for whatever reason...If you get him and his stays fit, you'll have made a fantastic signing and we'll be sick as ******. I'll still applaud him though, as he was easily our best player over the last 10 years.

The reason is you couldn't afford him anymore.:bye:

Hibby Bairn
30-12-2009, 01:41 PM

If he signs for Hibs, it will be because there was no deal on offer from Aberdeen, for whatever reason...If you get him and his stays fit, you'll have made a fantastic signing and we'll be sick as ******. I'll still applaud him though, as he was easily our best player over the last 10 years.

Fair play mate. Didn't think your replies and comments warranted the abuse you have had. This forum is sometimes better for getting other fans views from other teams. FWIW I agree with your assessment but I doubt the Dons are in any sort of position to bridge a large wage gap. Maybe it will be funded by an outside investor.

Either way things should become clearer soon. Although I was told by a friend that Anderson had talks with hibs a few months ago. And it would seem that hibs have retained an interest since then including the recent coincidental game v Sunderland.

McD
30-12-2009, 01:41 PM

U obviously think he has very little ambition/professional pride to do the best he can.

If he was 34, 35 + then ur argument stands, just now tho...

marinello59
30-12-2009, 01:48 PM

If he signs for Hibs, it will be because there was no deal on offer from Aberdeen, for whatever reason...If you get him and his stays fit, you'll have made a fantastic signing and we'll be sick as ****. I'll still applaud him though, as he was easily our best player over the last 10 years.

I agree that it would be most likely that Russel Anderson would retain a deep attatchment to Aberdeen Football Club. All things being equal then I could see how that would swing things the Dons way. But all things aren't equal here, your club is quite frankly in a mess. For that reason I will be mildly surprised if he ends up back at Pittodrie.

sleeping giant
30-12-2009, 01:50 PM

Not if the deal was already done !

Sandy
30-12-2009, 01:52 PM

I am another one who thinks some of the abuse you have taken is OTT. I know Russell and I know of his love for the club and the city, but as it has been pointed out all things are far from equal, your greeting faced manager has other problems that he needs to address within AFC before re-signing RA, a goal scorer perhaps ?.

MrSmith
30-12-2009, 01:54 PM

Thats fair! I think we would all like to believe that our wayward sons would someday come home and play for the team they love and support.

For me -no abuse comming, not my thing - I would reckon that the biggest stumbling block is McGhee himself! His constant whinning and complaining is dragging the club down.

Danderhall Hibs
Fair play mate. Didn't think your replies and comments warranted the abuse you have had.

oneone73

Some of the responses you have received are arrogant beyond belief. I thought we Hibs fans were better than that - at any rate that we would be able to appreciate a player having an affection for his home club. I would imagine that Anderson is as much a Dons fan as Riordan is a Hibby, and would, like Deeks, love to come home. And he probablly reveres McGhee as a Gothenburg hero, so there would be a pull there, too.
Having said all that, it's a short career, and money might still talk. But I happen to think the Dons would be favourites if they were able to offer some kind of deal that might include coaching opportunities.

hibeeleicester
30-12-2009, 01:56 PM
If(thats a bif IF) we signed Anderson and Barr.. What a back four we would have..

Murray....Anderson....Bamba....Barr
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

mc5-the-don
30-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Hibs will finish 3rd or 4th this season, we'll finish 5th or 6th. This is a transitional season for us and we'll be much improved next season, when it will be all to play for (wasn't particularly impressed with Hibs against us the other week). Anderson wants to end his Career at Aberdeen and would no doubt love the chance to start coaching at the club.

The fact that he gave £600k of his own money back to the club, shows he isn't orientated by money. In any case, Hibs still aren't paying big wages? I think it will come down to whether we want to take in another centre half, with injury problems, or free up that wage to get a striker.

McD
30-12-2009, 02:01 PM
Thats fair! I think we would all like to believe that our wayward sons would someday come home and play for the team they love and support.

For me -no abuse comming, not my thing - I would reckon that the biggest stumbling block is McGhee himself! His constant whinning and complaining is dragging the club down.

I don't think I said anything abusive as such, but if any offense taken I apologise, none was meant to be so.

I can totally understand your point of view tho, and as MrSmith has said, I would hope that if say, Gary O'Connor came back to Scotland that Hibs would be his choice regardless of money, league position etc, but if it had been last season, I'd imagine Dundee United would have had the best clout to sign him. But fair do's to you mate, we all live in the hope that our favourite sons come back for a last glory spell.

Speedway
30-12-2009, 02:02 PM

Not if that quote was yesterday after which, a phone call this morning changed everything, just like Stokes not coming to Hibs until SAFC agreed to pay him up, Stack not coming to Hibs until his release was agreed by PAFC, Gattheussi not coming to Hibs until the LSD had been ingested.

If Anderson is free to move today and wasn't yesterday, Yogi can still be telling the truth on this one.

hibeeleicester
30-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Hibs will finish 3rd or 4th this season, we'll finish 5th or 6th. This is a transitional season for us and we'll be much improved next season, when it will be all to play for (wasn't particularly impressed with Hibs against us the other week). Anderson wants to end his Career at Aberdeen and would no doubt love the chance to start coaching at the club.

The fact that he gave £600k of his own money back to the club, shows he isn't orientated by money. That said, Hibs still aren't paying big wages? I think it will come down to whether we want to take in another centre half, or free up that wage to get a striker.

In terms of spl (apart from the big boys like Celtic Rangers and Hearts) , we are. Name any other team that could of possibly paid Liam Millers wage, Tony Stokes wage, Colin Nish's wage.

Gmack7
30-12-2009, 02:04 PM

The fact that he gave £600k of his own money back to the club, shows he isn't orientated by money. In any case, Hibs still aren't paying big wages? I think it will come down to whether we want to take in another centre half, or free up that wage to get a striker.
600k seems 1 hell of a wedge from a 1 million pound deal,was his agent willy macock

Danderhall Hibs
30-12-2009, 02:08 PM
600k seems 1 hell of a wedge from a 1 million pound deal,was his agent willy macock

I was thinking the same. I think these figures may be wrong.

mc5-the-don
30-12-2009, 02:09 PM

I don't know if the 600k was his signing on fee at Sunderland, or his share or the 1m transfer fee, but either way that's how much he gave back to the club as a good will gesture....We took him as a school boy, made him a footballer and gave him a testimonial.

Stuarty27
30-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Regardless of what this deluded aberdeen fan thinks Anderson will sign for us.

If it were a straight choice between Dons and Hibs, Anderson would join us. He doesnt want to go back to aberdeen at all. Its common knowledge that the reason he left Aberdeen in the first place was because his missus was playing away from home. They agreed to a fresh start in england and never return to aberdeen.

MyJo
30-12-2009, 02:13 PM

incase you haven't noticed this is a "transitional season" for us as well :wink:

mc5-the-don
30-12-2009, 02:13 PM
As I feared, we already have too many CB's to go for Anderson. Looks like he's yours, for now......

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1544177?UserKey=

hibeeleicester
30-12-2009, 02:14 PM
As I feared, we already have too many CB's to go for Anderson. Looks like he's yours, for now......

Think its more of a case of Dons "Cant" sign Anderson.

IWasThere2016
30-12-2009, 02:15 PM
There is no danger Anderson gave Sheep £600k - the suggestion is utter mince.

Danderhall Hibs
30-12-2009, 02:15 PM

Thanks. I'm glad McGhee's given us his blessing.

We could maybe sell him to you in the summer after we get him fit and that? Start the bidding at £500k.

Stuarty27
30-12-2009, 02:16 PM

What planet are you actually from??

mc5-the-don
30-12-2009, 02:19 PM
There is no danger Anderson gave Sheep £600k - the suggestion is utter mince.

As an Aberdeen season ticket holder, I think I am better placed to know about this than you.

MyJo
30-12-2009, 02:20 PM
I'm sure that Sunderland are now well aware that Yogi doesn't want Anderson while he is still under contract to them :cool2:

Danderhall Hibs
30-12-2009, 02:21 PM
As an Aberdeen season ticket holder, I think I am better placed to know about this than you.

How, did he send you a letter with a photocopy of the cheque?

BTW TQM is the font of all knowledge on hibs.net. He claims to know everything. :agree:

MacBean
30-12-2009, 02:27 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/147291-hibs-will-not-sign-anderson-hughes/

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs-Yogi-adamant-Anderson-isn39t.5945191.jp

more "adamant" denials

MyJo
30-12-2009, 02:29 PM
the majority of professional contracts have a clause built into them that states the player will receive 10% of any fee received for him by the club. Many refer to this as a signing on fee which is incorrect as its actually the players portion of the transfer fee.

IIRC Anderson will have received £90,000 to £100,000 from his transfer assuming the standard 10% was in his contract and it is this he has handed back to the club....in essence he has waived his right to this payment and allowed the club to keep the full transfer fee.

If he had donated £600,000 as is being suggested then he's either topped this up with half a million quid out of his own pocket, received an additional payment from Sunderland when he signed thats been donated or someone is talking guff.

CorrieHibs
30-12-2009, 02:32 PM

The fact that he gave £600k of his own money back to the club, shows he isn't orientated by money. In any case, Hibs still aren't paying big wages? I think it will come down to whether we want to take in another centre half, with injury problems, or free up that wage to get a striker.

I think you'll find it was closer to the £90k mark he gave back to you's.

PaulSmith
30-12-2009, 02:40 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/if-only-more-footballers-followed-russell-anderson-s-example-1.860669

And from Wiki
On 27 June 2007 Anderson completed a £ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pound_sterling)1 million transfer to Premiership club Sunderland[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Anderson#cite_note-transfer_to_Sunderland-1), despite having stated one month earlier his desire to remain at Aberdeen for the rest of his career[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Anderson#cite_note-Anderson_aims_for_Pittodrie_stay-2). The £90,000 Russell received as a signing on fee was given to the AFC youth team for investment.

I notice that he also had a testimonial that was attended by 12,000 fans against Everton not that long before he left for Sunderland...did he pocket a fair wedge for that as well for himself.

MacBean
30-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Didn't Scott Brown and Steven Fletcher do the Exact same thing with thier "cut" of the transfer fee?

IWasThere2016
30-12-2009, 02:42 PM

A ST at Pitstoddrie you may have but you're havering shighte re £600k

CorrieHibs
30-12-2009, 02:43 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/if-only-more-footballers-followed-russell-anderson-s-example-1.860669

And from Wiki
On 27 June 2007 Anderson completed a £ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pound_sterling)1 million transfer to Premiership club Sunderland[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Anderson#cite_note-transfer_to_Sunderland-1), despite having stated one month earlier his desire to remain at Aberdeen for the rest of his career[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Anderson#cite_note-Anderson_aims_for_Pittodrie_stay-2). The £90,000 Russell received as a signing on fee was given to the AFC youth team for investment.

I notice that he also had a testimonial that was attended by 12,000 fans against Everton not that long before he left for Sunderland...did he pocket a fair wedge for that as well for himself.

Big difference between £650k and £90k stupid sheep sha**er. A few Hibs players have done this as well. O'Connor and Murphy done it.

cwilliamson85
30-12-2009, 03:03 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/147291-...derson-hughes/

John Hughes quote - "There's only one Hibs but millions of players'

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

cwilliamson85
30-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Big difference between £650k and £90k stupid sheep sha**er. A few Hibs players have done this as well. O'Connor and Murphy done it.

Did Scott Brown not do this when he left to?

to the youth academy

MrSmith
30-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Found this:

Russell Anderson Arguably Aberdeen’s best captain since Willie Miller, Anderson spent 11 years at the club before joining Sunderland in 2007 for £1 million. Although not in the same mould as Miller, Anderson was a superb reader of the game and was always willing to put his body on the line to rescue the Dons. His loyalty and commitment to the club and his decision to give his £90,000 signing on fee to the Dons’ academy will always make him a favourite with the fans.
Here:

http://articles.squarefootball.net/squarefootball/2009/03/aberdeen-who-has-been-the-top-don-over-the-past-15-years.html

Hibs Spain
30-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Not if the deal was already done !

haha...Just twigged..Good point :greengrin....You're by DH in disguise by any chance?

MacBean
30-12-2009, 03:30 PM
Did Scott Brown not do this when he left to?

to the youth academy

and fletch

see my earlier post :wink:

Dashing Bob S
30-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Just heard that Mister Anderson will not be signing for us.

Sauce?

The chap from the Matrix.

mjhibby
30-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Yet another news story lifted from a website and we believed it eh.Who wants to start the next one.How about jones coming back to hibs.There you go ive started it.after all things aint going so well at scunny are they.

ancient hibee
30-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Yet another news story lifted from a website and we believed it eh.Who wants to start the next one.How about jones coming back to hibs.There you go ive started it.after all things aint going so well at scunny are they.
Now you've let the cat out of the bag it won't happen.My sources tell me that Rio Ferdinand is on his way here as Fergie reckons he could play in the SPL on one leg.

MrSmith
30-12-2009, 04:29 PM

Source!

Is it a freebie or is there a transfer fee involved??

Sas_The_Hibby
30-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Now you've let the cat out of the bag it won't happen.My sources tell me that Rio Ferdinand is on his way here as Fergie reckons he could play in the SPL on one leg.

I've heard of one-footed players but that's ridiculous! :offski:

Cropley10
30-12-2009, 04:54 PM
So, basically it's all a lot of tosh...

What have the folk saying it's a done deal got to say now??:confused:

CallumLaidlaw
30-12-2009, 04:56 PM

I know nothing (as the missus constantly tells me :boo hoo: )
but I have a feeling we haven't heard the last of this move.

mjhibby
30-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Source!

Is it a freebie or is there a transfer fee involved??

No sauce just people putting 2 plus 2 and paper goes with it.Well find out on fri/sat who yogi is bringing in and i wouldnt be surprised it to be a big name.Anybody who knows anything isnt saying anything right now or are sworn to secrecy.:greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
30-12-2009, 06:10 PM
No sauce just people putting 2 plus 2 and paper goes with it.Well find out on fri/sat who yogi is bringing in and i wouldnt be surprised it to be a big name.Anybody who knows anything isnt saying anything right now or are sworn to secrecy.:greengrin

somebody like

Two-Boys Gladstone Gamede

Thats a big name:greengrin

also quite amusing

.Sean.
30-12-2009, 06:46 PM
and fletch

see my earlier post :wink:

As did Garry O'Connor :agree:

Did thomson... :devil:

mayo hibee
30-12-2009, 07:02 PM

Actually, because he forced a move away, that may have cost him his cut (when a transfer request is put in, the player generally doesn't get the 10%), so he may have effectively handed the money back to the club by doing that.

Dibben
30-12-2009, 07:08 PM

As did David Murphy!!!

BH.

Barney McGrew
30-12-2009, 07:10 PM
As did David Murphy!!!.

McD
30-12-2009, 07:33 PM

Wheres it been said that its a lot of keech? :confused:

hibsbollah
30-12-2009, 07:48 PM
As did David Murphy!!!

BH.

Q: WHEN YOU LEFT HIBS, CAN YOU EXPLAIN YOUR PARTING GIFT TO THE CLUB?
A: I gave my signing-on fee back and that was so they could put it into the academy and maybe bring on a few more good players, I just felt it was the right thing to do. Over the three-and-a-half years I was there, the club were great to me. And it's important that the club keeps developing even though they might not have the money. I felt it was important.

"The Hibs fans have been terrific because they knew my situation and that means an awful lot.

"It was very important to me that I left Easter Road on the right terms and I'm happy to have managed that."

Pure class:top marks

McD
30-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Q: WHEN YOU LEFT HIBS, CAN YOU EXPLAIN YOUR PARTING GIFT TO THE CLUB?
A: I gave my signing-on fee back and that was so they could put it into the academy and maybe bring on a few more good players, I just felt it was the right thing to do. Over the three-and-a-half years I was there, the club were great to me. And it's important that the club keeps developing even though they might not have the money. I felt it was important.

"The Hibs fans have been terrific because they knew my situation and that means an awful lot.

"It was very important to me that I left Easter Road on the right terms and I'm happy to have managed that."

Pure class:top marks

Classy player, classier man. Gentleman :thumbsup:

ancienthibby
31-12-2009, 09:44 AM
Wheres it been said that its a lot of keech? :confused:

There well may be life in this story yet!!

Radio Scotland in its 9.05 sports news, reported that Anderson was at ER yesterday for talks, adding that he also has an offer from a Championship side!:greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
31-12-2009, 09:49 AM

Radio Scotland in its 9.05 sports news, reported that Anderson was at ER yesterday for talks, adding that he also has an offer from a Championship side!:greengrin

If this was a done deal already then he's in, but if a championship side are in for him too, then we won't be able to compete with wages. shame. Unless he's desperate to get nearer to home

Long suffering
31-12-2009, 10:20 AM
Sorry if already posted but it looks like Anderson will not be signing. My guess is that wages couldn't be agreed http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-Yogi-adamant-Anderson-isn39t.5945191.jp .

stubru59
31-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Sorry if already posted but it looks like Anderson will not be signing. My guess is that wages couldn't be agreed http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-Yogi-adamant-Anderson-isn39t.5945191.jp .

Why wages?

Toaods
31-12-2009, 10:26 AM
no doubt they will agree a figure as soon as he's free of Sunderland..:wink:

MacBean
31-12-2009, 10:31 AM

i posted that link along with a couple of others a few pages back, however, as many have mentioned on here already Yogi did something similar with Miller & Stokes

Long suffering
31-12-2009, 10:32 AM
Why wages?

Just because surely they have had an interest in him, due to all the talk, surely wages would be the only thing blocking him signing?

Long suffering
31-12-2009, 10:33 AM
i posted that link along with a couple of others a few pages back, however, as many have mentioned on here already Yogi did something similar with Miller & Stokes

"I would like to think there will be something happening in the window but it certainly won't be Russell Anderson.'
was it as blunt as that though?

MacBean
31-12-2009, 10:41 AM
"I would like to think there will be something happening in the window but it certainly won't be Russell Anderson.'
was it as blunt as that though?

as mentioned above in some posts,

he wont be signing "during the window" as he will be signing before it on a free. People are seeing this as a play on words from Yogi as he has done before.

I'm not saying he will or wont, but until it reaches Saturday 12.01am i will be waiting to see if he signs or not.

Toaods
31-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Must admit, having seen Anderson playing since his debut for Aberdeen, I would be greatly surprised if he didn't return there as it he is an Aberdonian if ever there was one.

To my mind, we are either using him as a smokescreen for someother activity, whilst helping him get a better offer from Aberdeen.

or

we are letting Aberdeen enter the market to show them who's the boss now...:cool2:

Mag7
31-12-2009, 11:11 AM

MacBean
31-12-2009, 12:01 PM

you would think they would flatter him with a more recent picture :greengrin

Hibs7
31-12-2009, 01:22 PM
if we can't give Barr a decent wage there isn't much chance we can satisfy Anderson's requirements

Hibby Kay-Yay
31-12-2009, 01:24 PM
if we can't give Barr a decent wage there isn't much chance we can satisfy Anderson's requirements

ahem, Liam Miller, cough Anthony Stokes etc

Perhaps he values himself too highly?? He has turned down the offer, who's to say it was our final?

Hibs7
31-12-2009, 01:28 PM
I suppose it will depend on each individual and what they want to get out of the game.

hibztilltheend
31-12-2009, 01:34 PM
you might find out if he wants anderson from his next HI interview.

Just a couple of weeks ago he dismissed reports about his intrest in barr and arfield in the press but gave strong hints in his HI interview:agree:

Baldy Foghorn
31-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Never say never, still believe he will sign..........