PDA

View Full Version : The Derby! (we're doomed)

MrSmith
29-12-2009, 06:39 PM
OK, well I'll say it and expect a kicking but here goes...

I reckon we will get beat simply because Sunday showed how soft we are as a team! Hearts will bully us, kick us and probably get a penalty to win one nil.

I have thought about this and believe the team do not have either the testicular fortitude nor mental strength to overcome or beat the sluggers from the West of the City!

Before anyone starts calling me a Yam and such other nasty names...I will remind some on here that I have been supporting Hibs for nearly 40 years! first game my daddy took me down to ER when I was 3 - so spare the nonsense and debate

Point of debate: Winning Mentality and strength to overcome??

CallumHibs07
29-12-2009, 06:43 PM
What's that funny smell?

Hibernian Verse
29-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Shh don't upset me like that.

:boo hoo:

MrSmith
29-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Please enlighten me and continue CH07!

CallumHibs07
29-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Please enlighten me and continue CH07!

Well to come on here and slate us and predict a defeat at home to a team who are below us in the league after we've lost 1 in 14 games is a bit sniff sniff:wink:

hibsbollah
29-12-2009, 06:51 PM
Well to come on here and slate us and predict a defeat at home to a team who are below us in the league after we've lost 1 in 14 games is a bit sniff sniff:wink:

Smithy deffo isnt a yam, I know him:agree:
He is being a bit pessimistic though:greengrin

MrSmith
29-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Not really!

I am very worried about this derby and if you think I'm wrong and believe differently go right ahead and persuade me differently.

The only thing I can see saving us is that the Jumbos cant score and rely heavily on strategic free kicks and corners.

MrSmith
29-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Smithy deffo isnt a yam, I know him:agree:
He is being a bit pessimistic though:greengrin

Hey Bollah, cheers for the endorsement. Cant make myself believe this time though as much as I try to do the old reverse psychology thingy!!

CallumHibs07
29-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Not really!

I am very worried about this derby and if you think I'm wrong and believe differently go right ahead and persuade me differently.

The only thing I can see saving us is that the Jumbos cant score and rely heavily on strategic free kicks and corners.

What makes you think they will win though?

They can't score as you say, we are at home and despite the Rangers game we are still on avery good run. What makes you think we can't even score. How many games have we not scored in this season? Hardly any.

down-the-slope
29-12-2009, 06:57 PM
I think the Gers game was the wake up that will prevent us losing - a draw...maybe

Before the Gers game I had the feeling that if we got a win / draw then we may have ended up in the the kind of over confident situation that ended with the egg on face game when we announced parading CIS Cup before getting mugged.

Here's hoping....also there may be some transfer news / sickness & Injuries clearing up to bolster things :greengrin

Hibees07
29-12-2009, 07:02 PM
It will certainly be a big test especially after Sunday's game.

Hopefully lessons will have been learnt and we won't have such a gung-ho attitude this Sunday.

FWIW I think Rangers are a more physical outfit than Hearts and significantly more potent in the attacking department.

If they sign a new striker or two before the game that may give them a bit of a lift though.

Normally I am pretty negative when predicting results for these games but I can see us scoring a couple of goals, whether or not our defence is strong enough to keep a clean sheet is the question.

I'll go for a 2-1 victory. :agree:

ahibby
29-12-2009, 07:02 PM
I have been in Mexico for the last couple of weeks so I haven`t got a good handle on what is going on but from what I gather we have beaten Aberdeen away and got tanked by Rangers in the last two games. The Aberdeen result sounded really good and gave me hope for the Rangers game but alas we crapped it apparently but I`m not surprised if Murray was missing and Maka was playing with an injury that in itself could cause a lack of confidence but Rangers I hear tanked Motherwell scoring six in the process so they must be well on form. Our problems against Hearts will be the goalie position and missing Murray and Bamba so we could well lose but we will bounce back when everyone is fit again. I think they will enjoy the game more than we do but even if they win they will still be nine points behind us.

monktonharp
30-12-2009, 12:01 AM
I have been in Mexico for the last couple of weeks so I haven`t got a good handle on what is going on but from what I gather we have beaten Aberdeen away and got tanked by Rangers in the last two games. The Aberdeen result sounded really good and gave me hope for the Rangers game but alas we crapped it apparently but I`m not surprised if Murray was missing and Maka was playing with an injury that in itself could cause a lack of confidence but Rangers I hear tanked Motherwell scoring six in the process so they must be well on form. Our problems against Hearts will be the goalie position and missing Murray and Bamba so we could well lose but we will bounce back when everyone is fit again. I think they will enjoy the game more than we do but even if they win they will still be nine points behind us.er,if the beat 'Well ,then us,suddenly it's 6.naw? but Istill fancy our chances.:greengrin

Hibernian Verse
30-12-2009, 12:03 AM
I had a bad feeling about the huns game = correct.

Good feeling about the Hearts game and going by my stunning track record of 1 out of 1 I think we can safely say I'm right :agree:

:notworthy:

basehibby
30-12-2009, 03:08 AM

I reckon we will get beat simply because Sunday showed how soft we are as a team! Hearts will bully us, kick us and probably get a penalty to win one nil.

I have thought about this and believe the team do not have either the testicular fortitude nor mental strength to overcome or beat the sluggers from the West of the City!

Before anyone starts calling me a Yam and such other nasty names...I will remind some on here that I have been supporting Hibs for nearly 40 years! first game my daddy took me down to ER when I was 3 - so spare the nonsense and debate

:faf: - loving your turn of phrase - V funny! Don't agree though. I know how you feel having watched the Hibees F'k up many times over the years. I'm not convinced that the form of the season so far is a lie though - I think we came up against a good team on a hot run of form on Sat and am confident that we still have the testicular fortitude added to the ability that will see us gub the Yams on Sun :greengrin

basehibby
30-12-2009, 03:11 AM
:top marks
I had a bad feeling about the huns game = correct.

Good feeling about the Hearts game and going by my stunning track record of 1 out of 1 I think we can safely say I'm right :agree:

:notworthy:

:top marksit's in the bag !

hibiedude
30-12-2009, 08:28 AM

You point out were you think our weaknesses are but don't mention a word about the strengths off our opposition but you still think we'll get beat.

Some facts for you to think about; we are on a very impressive run, we are currently in the top 3 defensive record in the country. We have strikers scoring for fun forget Sunday's game against Rangers we hit the self destruct button and we paid for it.

Hearts are Playing some of the worst football in there clubs history, that quote comes for there own fans.

There top striker has scored 2-3 goals in 8 months and the discipline in there team is shocking, so I'm not sure why express concern. :confused:

allmodcons
30-12-2009, 08:58 AM

We've shown 12 games prior to Huns that there's a winning mentality in the side. The main issue is 'bouncebackability' (***** word I know) and at the risk getting slated for using a cliche the derby is the perfect game after a heavy defeat.

I think we'll win and win well!

PeeJay
30-12-2009, 09:19 AM
Games against Hearts are always difficult to predict - form often goes out the window. A lot of it has to do with mental attitude and I'm pretty sure after our defeat to Rangers Yogi will have the team back in the right frame of mind. We've been tough to beat all season. Hearts would have been really up for it if we had still been unbeaten, but that avenue of pleasure has been denied them, so - really - they've nothing left to play for at all this season. :wink:
I expect Hibs to win (I always do), but it will not be easy and just because it's a derby we might even be in for a shock - but then that's football. However, if we start the way we did against Rangers and then don't get too cocky and bottle it, they will be beaten... :agree: - what a nice start to the year that would be!:cool2:

CorrieHibs
30-12-2009, 09:31 AM
McBride amd Murray will bring back that physical presense to the team if playing. Stack back in goals will give the defence more confidence and as i said with McBride there he'll protect the back 4. Think Deek should be dropped hate to say it but he was woeful on sunday granted he is out of position and he wasn't the only player that didn't perform. I would give young Galbraith a try.
I defo can't see us losing on Sunday. With them missing Jose Gonzalez i think he's a big loss for them so their defence won't be as strong.

C'Mon the Hibees. :notworthy:

MrSmith
30-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Good points folks!

I suppose Sunday needed to happen however, our great strike force posted itself missing for a lot of the game and that in itself worries me!

Steve20
30-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Agree with the OP. I don't see us winning this one.

Barney McGrew
30-12-2009, 10:28 AM
I suppose Sunday needed to happen however, our great strike force posted itself missing for a lot of the game and that in itself worries me!

You have to remember that it was against a Rangers side who try to play football, not a big physical side like Hertz who hoof it about and hope to fluke a penalty somewhere along the line.

Edit - here's a stat for you - in the seven games the Yams have won this season domestically, they scored a penalty in five of them that ended up winning the match.

MyJo
30-12-2009, 10:30 AM
surely there is only one way we will know for sure if we're gonna win or not......

.....will calgaryhibs be starting the match update threads :grr:

Phil MaGlass
30-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Theres no f,n way we will lose this derby hertz r pi5h and a fluke against the tic and a penalty against Falkirk wont change my view that this time we could well take a few off them this time,

Littlest Hobo
30-12-2009, 11:08 AM

We have just been on a twelve game unbeaten run mate.:rolleyes: Yes sunday was poor and yes they bottled it, no argument there. What Yogi will be looking for now is some sort of reaction from the players, and because the game against St.Johnston has been postponed I'm affraid it's gonne have to come against our neebs from across the toon. That's the way I see it :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hibs Class
30-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Yogi will make sure we don't get out-fought two games running. (Richmond is ref, though, which is a bit of a worry).

The_Todd
30-12-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm always worried about derbies, but 1 defeat in 12 doesn't make us a bad team overnight.

I'll be in the east as usual, watching through my fingers.

.Sean.
30-12-2009, 12:06 PM
I can see us winning, so long as we don't go into the game expecting to romp it, because with an attitude like that we never win. 2 nil Hibs, Stack in goals and Murray back should see us pretty solid at the back, or solid enough to at least cope with their 'attacking threat' (no names needed :wink:).

The nerves are starting though :agree:

Ed De Gramo
30-12-2009, 12:12 PM
surely there is only one way we will know for sure if we're gonna win or not......

.....will calgaryhibs be starting the match update threads :grr:

:tee hee::not worth

MrSmith
30-12-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm always worried about derbies, but 1 defeat in 12 doesn't make us a bad team overnight.

I'll be in the east as usual, watching through my fingers.

I'm not suggesting for a moment we are a bad team, what I'm saying is that I feel we are not mentally nor physically tough enough for the big games: Rangers, Celtic and Hearts.

We need to be strong, hard and up-for-it! If we turn up like Sundays team did, then might aswell prepare for a Hearts penalty to beat us one nil!:grr:

Diclonius
30-12-2009, 03:03 PM
My derby record - 2 wins in 11. :bitchy:

The two wins are from the end of last season. Safe to say I'm not optimistic.

Dashing Bob S
30-12-2009, 04:03 PM
I don't think it's an unlikely scenario, to be honest. It's an outcome i've put down on the prediction thread, as i've many of the same concerns as Mr Smith. It depends on our attitude and how much we want it. Hopefully Yogi will have had them watching the Huns horror show and will try to eradicate the two main issues (1) bad defensive errors (2) giving up after the 2nd goal.

ancient hibee
30-12-2009, 04:14 PM
I don't think Rangers bullied us out of the game-they were just better.

mmmmhibby
30-12-2009, 04:39 PM

so we lose aginst the Vermin( well, calamity does his best to f~~k it for us) and now all of a sudden were gonna get beat by the ****bos!!!! Get a grip!!! they are dire, we"ll pump them 3-0

James70
30-12-2009, 04:40 PM
I don't think Rangers bullied us out of the game-they were just better.

They also had a greater desire to win the game and to play for each other, we were not up for it at all.

Munson7
30-12-2009, 05:50 PM
You point out were you think our weaknesses are but don't mention a word about the strengths off our opposition but you still think we'll get beat.

Some facts for you to think about; we are on a very impressive run, we are currently in the top 3 defensive record in the country. We have strikers scoring for fun forget Sunday's game against Rangers we hit the self destruct button and we paid for it.

Hearts are Playing some of the worst football in there clubs history, that quote comes for there own fans.

There top striker has scored 2-3 goals in 8 months and the discipline in there team is shocking, so I'm not sure why express concern. :confused:

The reason he is expressing concern is because it's a derby! Form counts for nothing, how many times have we been playing miles better football than them in the run up to a derby only for they ***** to scab a one nil.

We have miles more quality than them all over the park and we all know that. On paper we would win, and win comfortably, it's just a pity it doesn't always work that way.

It all comes down to how we perform on the day, if we play well, we will win, simple as that. For us to lose we have to play very poorly and they will have to play well. But as someone said earlier, it's football and you never know.

hibiedude
30-12-2009, 06:05 PM
The reason he is expressing concern is because it's a derby! Form counts for nothing, how many times have we been playing miles better football than them in the run up to a derby only for they ***** to scab a one nil.

We have miles more quality than them all over the park and we all know that. On paper we would win, and win comfortably, it's just a pity it doesn't always work that way.

It all comes down to how we perform on the day, if we play well, we will win, simple as that. For us to lose we have to play very poorly and they will have to play well. But as someone said earlier, it's football and you never know.

I know it's a Derby game but the reasons the OP gave which was mental strenght And testicular fortitude but why does that only count for the hearts game.:confused: The hearts goes down to who panics on the day.

MrSmith
30-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Its a high pressure game! We all know Hearts will kick us off the field and...get away with it so, we need to be strong, clever, hard where necessary, a lot of fight in the team and they need the balls to carry it all off!

Hearts on the other hand have nothing to lose they'll just go for us from the off in terms of getting in about us and pushing us off the ball.

I've seen this too many times and am never ever confident at derbies!

Rossco1875
30-12-2009, 06:38 PM
i think the team will have somthing to prove after last week

mcfly
30-12-2009, 09:06 PM
we will win if stack & murray are back.

the defence were shaky on sunday because they have no confidence in the goalie.

1 loss in 13 games is brilliant.......think back to last year.

lets get behind the boys and a hibs victory

Liberal Hibby
30-12-2009, 09:20 PM

lets get behind the boys and a hibs victory

Aye right. I'm not actually convinced we're that much better than last year (but I speak as an exile) - we haven't solved the problem of shoe-horning too many strikers into the team, or a lack of balance in the midfield and our defence is still short of depth/cover. Nearly all new managers get a bounce out of the team for the first few months and Hughes' managerial record is patchy at best - which isn't that surprising for a relatively inexperienced manager.

Do the team (managerial and playing) have the cajonies to bounce back from Sunday's doing? Not playing tonight is a real set back as their first test is being thrown into the real deep end (Sunday's game the expectation levels were ridiculous).

I hope we can dig out a dull draw, but I fear we may get turned over by an experienced and competent Hearts team at last finding last season's bronze medal form. Anyone who thinks we are miles better than Hearts and simply need to turn up needs their heads examining (and sitting down in darkened room with the record books...)

mcfly
30-12-2009, 09:25 PM
my goodness 1 defeat and some folk on here are worried about hearts.

lets get real - we were missing 2 of our best players on sunday....3 goals were avoidable and down to bad goalkeeping.

i'm not saying we would have won the game but we are better than hearts.

Liberal Hibby
30-12-2009, 09:38 PM
my goodness 1 defeat and some folk on here are worried about hearts.

lets get real - we were missing 2 of our best players on sunday....3 goals were avoidable and down to bad goalkeeping.

i'm not saying we would have won the game but we are better than hearts.

If you think three goals were down to bad goalkeeping then there is little chance of having a sensible discussion about the derby.

It's not about a single defeat - as many on here have been saying we've been riding our luck in a number of games (Pittodrie for example) and the breaks will have to go the other way sometimes. Going into a derby off a pasting (with them probably winning three on the bounce) gives them the psychological edge.

Arguably our best player of the season won't be playing on Sunday - but if we change goalies everything will be ok in some people's world...

ancient hibee
30-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Aye right. I'm not actually convinced we're that much better than last year (but I speak as an exile) - we haven't solved the problem of shoe-horning too many strikers into the team, or a lack of balance in the midfield and our defence is still short of depth/cover. Nearly all new managers get a bounce out of the team for the first few months and Hughes' managerial record is patchy at best - which isn't that surprising for a relatively inexperienced manager.

Do the team (managerial and playing) have the cajonies to bounce back from Sunday's doing? Not playing tonight is a real set back as their first test is being thrown into the real deep end (Sunday's game the expectation levels were ridiculous).

I hope we can dig out a dull draw, but I fear we may get turned over by an experienced and competent Hearts team at last finding last season's bronze medal form. Anyone who thinks we are miles better than Hearts and simply need to turn up needs their heads examining (and sitting down in darkened room with the record books...)
No wind ups please.The "experienced"Hearts team gave you away.

Hibs Spain
30-12-2009, 11:08 PM

lets get behind the boys and a hibs victoryThe Special one was responsible for a third of the 12 match run.And he played in a third of the games. Don't suppose you could ask for much more.

hfc rd
31-12-2009, 12:34 AM

Dinny think like that:grr:. Be positive. It should be those yams fearing us rather than the opposite. With their best player of the season Goncalves suspended then surely players like Riordan, Stokes, Benji & Zouma will be able to exploit this weakness. Their young right back Craig Thomson might be missing aswell. And also their top goalscorer is Micheal Stewart :faf:. There is nothing to fear.

brydekirk
31-12-2009, 12:41 AM
john robertsons saying in the papers HEARTS WILL STRANGLE HIBS. im sure yogi can use this to good effect :thumbsup:

hfc rd
31-12-2009, 01:03 AM
john robertsons saying in the papers HEARTS WILL STRANGLE HIBS. im sure yogi can use this to good effect :thumbsup:

:faf: :faf: :faf:. Didn't John Robertson say a simillar thing last season, before we went to swinie with a depleted squad and won.

Riordans Boots
31-12-2009, 01:09 AM
I hate predicting and anything can happen on the day. That said, just because we got leathered from the unwashed mob on Sunday, does not make us a crap team especially after the great unbeaten run we have had. Yogi will have kicked their hibs erses down the tunnel before they got to the dressing room :agree:

I hope and pray they get back on their form and hammer they Yam B@ms Sunday. A couple banged in fi Deek :not worth:partyhibbwould do nicely :agree:

Mon the Hibs :flag:

Mikey
31-12-2009, 07:47 AM
Some snippets from last night's match report............

The result was harsh on the visitors, who had Hearts pinned back for long spells but could not capitalise on some shaky defending from the Edinburgh side.

"I think we deserved to win the game. I'm maybe biased, but I think any football-knowledgeable person would agree we were the better side.

"We made better chances, our goalkeeper had no saves to make, their keeper had a couple of good saves.

"I thought we dominated, particularly in the second half. Hearts couldn't get out their own half.

"It's not often I am pleased with a defeat but I said to the lads that they could be proud of their performance.

"It was a scrappy goal they got.

"You heard the Motherwell fans tonight. Towards the end of the match they were out-singing the home support. The fans were absolutely superb. They know when their team is giving effort."

Motherwell gave them the runaround and did everything but score.

We'll score :wink:

TornadoHibby
31-12-2009, 08:21 AM
If you think three goals were down to bad goalkeeping then there is little chance of having a sensible discussion about the derby.

It's not about a single defeat - as many on here have been saying we've been riding our luck in a number of games (Pittodrie for example) and the breaks will have to go the other way sometimes. Going into a derby off a pasting (with them probably winning three on the bounce) gives them the psychological edge.

Arguably our best player of the season won't be playing on Sunday - but if we change goalies everything will be ok in some people's world...

:faf: :faf: :faf:

Top post IMO! :top marks

Sunday will be our toughest test of the year and much will depend upon the team's mentality, desire to win and then our ability to retain possession, something we have not been doing too well of late IMO! :agree:

aussie_hibee
31-12-2009, 08:26 AM
I think the Gers game was the wake up that will prevent us losing - a draw...maybe

Before the Gers game I had the feeling that if we got a win / draw then we may have ended up in the the kind of over confident situation that ended with the egg on face game when we announced parading CIS Cup before getting mugged.

Here's hoping....also there may be some transfer news / sickness & Injuries clearing up to bolster things :greengrin
just when can we beat them? On a great run, had we beat rangers you said we'd lose, but we lost so the best we'll do is draw? Should we bother turning up? Pi$h. Let's get in to the fu*&ers.

7Hero
31-12-2009, 08:35 AM
1 nil to the jambos its almost guaranteed.

been to too many derbies, my football following life has been pretty much a disaster so i see this one going the same way..

Penrith Hibee
31-12-2009, 08:55 AM
I am usually pessimistic about the result/quality of derby games however I think 2-0 to the cabbage on Sunday, no probs. This is a poor hertz team who have ridden their luck over the last three games, nail the ginger whinger, who is their only threat, job done.

Only problem is I'm coming up for the game, my last one was the League cup tie v St Johnstone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Mikey
31-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Does anyone think that Hughes, Wotherspoon, Riordan, Murray, McCormack, Hanlon and Nish think we're beat before we even turn up?

And that's just the Hibby's who are likely to have a say on the day.

brydekirk
31-12-2009, 09:07 AM
1 nil to the jambos its almost guaranteed.

been to too many derbies, my football following life has been pretty much a disaster so i see this one going the same way..

stay in the hoose mate, things can only get better (without u ):thumbsup::bye:

Barney McGrew
31-12-2009, 09:47 AM
Does anyone think that Hughes, Wotherspoon, Riordan, Murray, McCormack, Hanlon and Nish think we're beat before we even turn up?

And that's just the Hibby's who are likely to have a say on the day.

:agree:

There's too many people buying into what the jambos sitting with chubbies about the fact their team has won a couple of games are saying. They got very lucky against a Celtc team which had only ten men for two thirds of the game, and they've scraped one nil wins against the two teams in the worst form in the SPL at the moment, despite being outplayed in long periods in both games.

We've lost one game in 13 FFS. And there is no way a Hibs team managed by Yogi will go into a game against those ****s with anything less than 100% effort.

CorrieHibs
31-12-2009, 09:50 AM

He's pi**ed again.

rightwinger
31-12-2009, 10:02 AM
It's no bad thing that we're not too confident IMO.

Hearts have had a few results but, with sendings off, penalties and managerial problems for once in their favour, I'm not losing sleep over it. If those results wake our team up to the possibility that the match will be tough, and lull Hearts into thinking they're a better team than they actually are, then that's no bad thing.

If we lose we'll be six points clear with a game in hand. With Dundee Utd also now struggling a bit that would hardly be the end of the world.

I'd imagine the team would be:

-------------------Stack

Wotherspoon------Hogg----Murray-------Hanlon

----------------Miller------Rankin

Zemmama----------------------------Riordan

-------------Stokes--------Nish

Despite not being great on Sunday, Hanlon will probably get the nod over Stevenson for height. Height in terms of defending set-pieces is also good insurance for Colin Nish at the moment too. I'd like to see another worker in midfield but can't see any of the front four being dropped to accomodate this. Unlike many, I don't see dropping Rankin as being the answer, he's generally played very well in the big game wins we've had in the last year or so.

Even without Bamba, the spine of the team (Stack, Murray, Miller, Stokes) is very strong. Lack of experience at full-back is an issue but the quality (if not workrate) we have in the wide attacking positions is a bonus.

Put it another way, I wouldn't be swapping our lot (team, league position, home advantage, manager, finances, anything) for theirs right now. We have right to be cautiously optimistic.

On another note, I'll ask if anyone can remember a Hearts player missing a penalty in a derby? I remember lots of Hibs players doing it, from Hamilton to Mixu twice, but never a Hearts player. I hope its not an issue on Sunday but no pressure Michael!

Leithenhibby
31-12-2009, 10:06 AM

There's too many people buying into what the jambos sitting with chubbies about the fact their team has won a couple of games are saying. They got very lucky against a Celtc team which had only ten men for two thirds of the game, and they've scraped one nil wins against the two teams in the worst form in the SPL at the moment, despite being outplayed in long periods in both games.

We've lost one game in 13 FFS. And there is no way a Hibs team managed by Yogi will go into a game against those ****s with anything less than 100% effort.

Spot on...:top marks

MrSmith
04-01-2010, 10:21 AM

What do we think now then?

Barney McGrew
04-01-2010, 10:33 AM
What do we think now then?

Exactly the same.

Hibs weren't great yesterday, and Hertz played as well as they are capable of (IMO).

We're still by far and away a better team than them, and despite going a goal behind totally against the run of play, we still showed the desire and fight to get back into the game.

That's now nine league games unbeaten against them BTW :wink:

Part/Time Supporter
04-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Exactly the same.

Hibs weren't great yesterday, and Hertz played as well as they are capable of (IMO).

We're still by far and away a better team than them, and despite going a goal behind totally against the run of play, we still showed the desire and fight to get back into the game.

That's now nine league games unbeaten against them BTW :wink:

Six. Four in all proper games.

I think Hibs need to sign a right back and a centre back, get McBride fit and settle the goalkeeping conundrum for a while.

It was more important not to lose than to win yesterday (same as at their place).