PDA

View Full Version : Celtic whinging again

James70
29-12-2009, 04:14 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8434097.stm

I could understand their moans if it was the pitch that was unplayable but how on earth can a football club be held responsible for the state of the approach roads or "locality" as Celtic refer to it? Surely that is the responsibility of the local council!

Golden Bear
29-12-2009, 04:19 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8434097.stm

I could understand their moans if it was the pitch that was unplayable but how on earth can a football club be held responsible for the state of the approach roads or "locality" as Celtic refer to it? Surely that is the responsibility of the local council!

Maybe so - but we've got to question the wisdom of the SPL in arranging midweek evening fixtures between xmas & New Year in the first place.

Cash is tight, the weather is problematic and not everyone is on holiday.

Absolute madness imo.

James70
29-12-2009, 04:23 PM
They'd have been moaning even more if the decision had been left until two hours before kick off! At least their Irish based fans won't be making wasted journeys this time.

ronaldo7
29-12-2009, 04:25 PM
They've been bumped off the back of the red tops by the bigots from Ibrox, and they need something to mump about.

ballengeich
29-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Maybe so - but we've got to question the wisdom of the SPL in arranging midweek evening fixtures between xmas & New Year in the first place.

Absolute madness imo.

:top marks

Lawell's still a whining fud though.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Surely this not news though...? It is not in Celtics' interests for the game to be called off, the game has been called off by the police, all policemen are Masons, Masons do not act in Celtics' best interests......it's a conspiracy.:dummytit:

Anyway, most of the polis will be tied up looking for the 30,000 fans that went missing from Parkheid at the weekend.:trumpet:

Borders Hibby
29-12-2009, 05:22 PM

Absolute madness imo.

Only 36000 of the greatest fans in the world at their last home game, they should worry about that!

Toaods
29-12-2009, 05:29 PM
...and to think some people on here think Petrie's daft....:bitchy:

Killiehibbie
29-12-2009, 05:36 PM
You would think the gritters could have done the side roads nearly a week after the last snow fall. I've been from Girvan to North Berwick and quite a few places in between in the last week and Kilmarnock has the worst roads of the lot. So celtic should blame East Ayrshire council.

monktonharp
30-12-2009, 12:26 AM
Surely this not news though...? It is not in Celtics' interests for the game to be called off, the game has been called off by the police, all policemen are Masons, Masons do not act in Celtics' best interests......it's a conspiracy.:dummytit:

Anyway, most of the polis will be tied up looking for the 30,000 fans that went missing from Parkheid at the weekend.:trumpet:It's nae conspiracy,well known that all polis are masons:wink:especially the high heid yins:rolleyes:

basehibby
30-12-2009, 01:14 AM

Absolute madness imo.

SPL can't predict the weather - it's not often we get a white Xmas after all! :snowman1

Sure not everyone's on holiday but plenty of live away fans are back in town for xmas so there's every reason to sqeeze a fixture in if poss :dunno:

That apart it's ***** ridiculous that the pompous smelts are making a fuss about this - Killie can hardly be held accountable for the weather conditions and the inability of the local council to cope with them - GTF ya moanin paranoid smelly f***s :grr::grr::grr:

jae
30-12-2009, 01:36 AM
SPL can't predict the weather - it's not often we get a white Xmas after all! :snowman1

Sure not everyone's on holiday but plenty of live away fans are back in town for xmas so there's every reason to sqeeze a fixture in if poss :dunno:

That apart it's ***** ridiculous that the pompous smelts are making a fuss about this - Killie can hardly be held accountable for the weather conditions and the inability of the local council to cope with them - GTF ya moanin paranoid smelly f***s :grr::grr::grr:

Have to say the walk from Restalrig Rd South to the ground on Sunday was prety dodgy, to say the least, due to the icy pavements.

Walk on the road and you get knocked down by a motor, walk on the grass verge on Sleigh Drive and your up to the ankles in dog ****. :grr:

Wonder what extent the local footprint extends to.

vanNISHtelroy
30-12-2009, 07:55 AM
To be fair to him, I think we should be responsible for the car park. Which is one massive sheet of ice which is apparently 3 inches think in places.

But dundonald road, rugby road (the ones at back of Moffat and Chadwick stands), Springhill and Irvine Road (the ones on my way home plus other ones on way home-Gibson Street etc) and the ones in the other direction are pretty dangerous.

I went to buy my ticket to the game and was slipping all over the place and that was in daylight, match was to be at night. It took me half an hour to get home instead of the usual 10-15 minutes cos I was having to walk carefully/sliping all over the place.

Part/Time Supporter
30-12-2009, 08:26 AM
I'm just surprised that Lawell didn't ask for the Huns match to be postponed as well because it would be unfair on ra Sellick.

:rolleyes:

Semi-seriously for a moment, Lawell, Reid et al should be counting themselves lucky that TGFITW aren't in the car park with pitchforks just now. They've made an absolute pig's ear of it in 2009. They had a big opportunity to stand on the Huns' throat last season and didn't do it for the sake of a few million. Then they appointed a manager who plays attractive but vulnerable football, which was another mistake. Celtic fans don't care about that, as like their twin, they only care about winning everything (despite their protestations to the contrary).

aljo7-0
30-12-2009, 08:39 AM
The roads and pavements outside any ground are owned and maintained by the local Council. It's the Council's duty/liability to make them safe and nothing to do with the football club who would have no legal right to clear any pavement etc. Killie can only be responsible for clearing their property - such as car park, stairs, turnstiles etc and if they have not done that fully then fair enough for Lawell to criticise but if it's down to neighbouring streets (as it sounds as if it is) then he is more of a slavering ape that I thought he was.

vanNISHtelroy
30-12-2009, 08:43 AM
The car park isn't properly cleared but as far as I heard from someone who would have been stewarding the game, that would have been because we already knew the surrounding roads would have been unsafe.

Thhe surrounding roads were difficult enough when it was just me in daylight, with the extra 8,000 (i'm not optimistic on attendence) in the dark, people could really have got hurt.

lapsedhibee
30-12-2009, 09:09 AM
The roads and pavements outside any ground are owned and maintained by the local Council. It's the Council's duty/liability to make them safe and nothing to do with the football club who would have no legal right to clear any pavement etc. Killie can only be responsible for clearing their property - such as car park, stairs, turnstiles etc and if they have not done that fully then fair enough for Lawell to criticise but if it's down to neighbouring streets (as it sounds as if it is) then he is more of a slavering ape that I thought he was.

:confused: No legal right to clear pavements? Wasn't so long ago that most folk considered it their duty to clear the pavement outside their own home of snow and ice. And judging by the supermarkets being sold out of salt the day after the first snow fell, I'd guess a lot of folk are probably still doing that.

Golden Bear
30-12-2009, 09:18 AM
:confused: No legal right to clear pavements? Wasn't so long ago that most folk considered it their duty to clear the pavement outside their own home of snow and ice. And judging by the supermarkets being sold out of salt the day after the first snow fell, I'd guess a lot of folk are probably still doing that.

:agree:

Obligation would have been a better word - but i knew what he meant.

:wink:

givescotlandfreedom
30-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Seeing as Celtc are complaining to Kilmarnock FC about their 'locality' I'd like to complain to Celtc about theirs seeing as it's an absolute ****hole.

aljo7-0
30-12-2009, 10:11 AM
:agree:

Obligation would have been a better word - but i knew what he meant.

:wink:
I'm a solicitor by profession and can't help myself with quoting "legal obligations" etc. :greengrin

The really daft thing with the law is where somebody does, out of a moral obligation/sense of community spirit, clear the pavement in front of their house - they are potentially opening themselves up to being sued if someone then fell on any ice they left. If they do nothing and leave the snow untouched and someone falls its an act of God or the Council's fault (legally) however if you try and clear the pavement and someone falls then ylou have opened yourself up to possibly being sued as arguably you might have created or worsened the hazard. Absolutely daft I know but possible - we have turned into America in the sense that there are no accidents any more and if anyone ever falls and gets hurt then it must have been somebody elses fault! :bitchy:

bobbyhibs1983
30-12-2009, 10:14 AM
:top marks

Lawell's still a whining fud though.

Now to be fair he was a decent guy, but then went to celtic,
same goes for saint tony, was a great guy, went down to wba, was regard well by most hibs fans,the moment he went to celtic?moaning fud

Now woild i be wrong to assume this is a celtic thing?

I mean our game against st johnstone(sp) was called off, i ve not heard anyone moan yet(might be a few after my post)

i think another game, aberdeen someone? got called off, i dont think
there is too much ,if any moaning and whinning

Barney McGrew
30-12-2009, 10:26 AM
Lawwell's just bricking it because with the Celtc game off tonight, a Huns win would see them seven points ahead going into the OF game. If Rangers win it, that would pretty much be the end for Mowbray.

s.a.m
30-12-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm a solicitor by profession and can't help myself with quoting "legal obligations" etc. :greengrin

The really daft thing with the law is where somebody does, out of a moral obligation/sense of community spirit, clear the pavement in front of their house - they are potentially opening themselves up to being sued if someone then fell on any ice they left. If they do nothing and leave the snow untouched and someone falls its an act of God or the Council's fault (legally) however if you try and clear the pavement and someone falls then ylou have opened yourself up to possibly being sued as arguably you might have created or worsened the hazard. Absolutely daft I know but possible - we have turned into America in the sense that there are no accidents any more and if anyone ever falls and gets hurt then it must have been somebody elses fault! :bitchy:

I would add to that, that a lot of well-meaning householders have made matters considerably worse by clearing snow and ice, and leaving untreated surfaces which have quickly become unusably slippy. We have neighbours who smugly pointed out to everyone who passed that they were doing their bit for the community by lifting snow from their bit of pavement. What they did, in fact, was turn a snowy surface - not ideal, but in this case, not problematic - into an ice-rink.:grr:

Having said all that, I agree in principle that people should take respponsibility for their area, and shouldn't be subject to legal action for trying to help. But JEEZO DINNAE MAKE THINGS WORSE THAN THEY WERE TO START WITH!!!!!!:grr:

basehibby
30-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Seeing as Celtc are complaining to Kilmarnock FC about their 'locality' I'd like to complain to Celtc about theirs seeing as it's an absolute ****hole.

:agree::top marks Very good point! The polis have apparently called off all these fixtures because the state of the surrounding streets constitute a danger to the public - which is a perfect description of the entire area around Smeltic Park 365 days a year!
Apart from being a health hazard it is probably safer to stroll around downtown Mecca with an amusing picture of Allah on your T-shirt than it would be to hang around Parkhead with more than the price of a bottle of Buckie in your sky rocket.
By Lawell's own logic, the Smellies should not be allowed to host another game until they have burnt the entire surrounding area to the ground :bitchy:

Sas_The_Hibby
30-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Have to say the walk from Restalrig Rd South to the ground on Sunday was prety dodgy, to say the least, due to the icy pavements.

Walk on the road and you get knocked down by a motor, walk on the grass verge on Sleigh Drive and your up to the ankles in dog ****. :grr:

Wonder what extent the local footprint extends to.

Before or after you've stepped in the dog **** ? :greengrin

The Old Brigade
30-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Only 36000 of the greatest fans in the world at their last home game, they should worry about that!

I realise I am ex-Parkhead regular who now follows Hibs having moved to Edinburgh a few years ago so may be shot down in flames here. But I wish people who post these how repetitive andcringeworthy these posts are. Celtic fans can be good but so are plenty of other fans, wthey do not think they are the "worlds greatest" any more than fans of any other club!