PDA

View Full Version : Do Hearts fans hate us more than we hate them?

Mag7
29-12-2009, 02:33 PM
When it comes to the yams, there are few who dislike them more than me, but when it comes to all out, vein-bulging hatred I am constantly amazed by quite how much venom some Hearts fans spout about Hibs on forums like Kickback and The Scotsman/Evening news comment boards. It has always seemed to me that in general Hibs fans cannae stand Hearts but the dislike is tempered by a wee bit of humour and the realisation that it is after all only football banter at the end of the day. Many Hearts fans on the other hand appear to despise Hibs with a ferocity that is quite alarming. Some of the comments you read make you wonder what sort of dismal lives these people lead as they seem to spend every waking hour fuming about Hibs, especially when we had the audacity to get 18 points ahead of them in the table! Now I know a keyboard gives many of these people the power to spout nonsense they'd never dare say to a Hibs fan's face, but it scares me a little nonetheless that some folk can get things so out of proportion.

Thoughts? Is a lot of it online bravado or do the yams really hate us that much?

BigKev
29-12-2009, 02:47 PM
When it comes to the yams, there are few who dislike them more than me, but when it comes to all out, vein-bulging hatred I am constantly amazed by quite how much venom some Hearts fans spout about Hibs on forums like Kickback and The Scotsman/Evening news comment boards. It has always seemed to me that in general Hibs fans cannae stand Hearts but the dislike is tempered by a wee bit of humour and the realisation that it is after all only football banter at the end of the day. Many Hearts fans on the other hand appear to despise Hibs with a ferocity that is quite alarming. Some of the comments you read make you wonder what sort of dismal lives these people lead as they seem to spend every waking hour fuming about Hibs, especially when we had the audacity to get 18 points ahead of them in the table! Now I know a keyboard gives many of these people the power to spout nonsense they'd never dare say to a Hibs fan's face, but it scares me a little nonetheless that some folk can get things so out of proportion.

Thoughts? Is a lot of it online bravado or do the yams really hate us that much?

Some of the rubbish posted on Brokeback would not be tolerated on here and posters would be binned I'd imagine.

Most of it is oneupmanship from them but they seem to have a right hatred for the green and grey hoops just now - moreso than they do for us.

Forget about the internet Yams - insignificant bedwetters who get a kick out of us falling to their standards.

HibbyAndy
29-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Therese no dange they hate me more than i hate them.

****ing despise those cretins!!!!

The_Todd
29-12-2009, 02:57 PM
For 90 minutes on Sunday I'll hate them like I've never hated anything in my life. After that 90 minutes is up, I'll just go back to hating Simon Cowell, Big brother, the X-Factor and soap operas no matter what the result.

I suspect most Hearts fans will be the same, the cretins on Kickback can't be a real reflection of the majority... can they?

HFC 0-7
29-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Its not hatred on their part, its jealousy of us having money in the bank, good players on the pitch, a training complex that isnt over run by students, a manager that doesnt slaver nonsence, an owner that isnt looking to bail, a system where the players are paid on time, players that dont get taken out by a plastic bottle in the tunnel, a stadium that doesnt remind them of a bus shelter covered in blood stained turd and forwards that can score goals!

ronaldo7
29-12-2009, 02:58 PM
The tinternet yams despise us.

We have a club with it's soul intact, unlike their's with it's heart and soul ripped out and stamped on by some jumped up Russian balloon. They are blot on the landscape of Gorgay/Dullry to be swept aside for an Ncp car park.

The real yams, and their are many, families who have supported their club through thick and thin, and are now in a wilderness of loss, and disillusionment who wonder what's going to happen next. And yet they still turn up in the hope of a white knight saving their Dance troup for the next generation. These real yams, you can have a pint with, and discuss all things footy. The others are for carstairs/Ipox when it all goes pete tong.:bye:

Saorsa
29-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Suppose it depends on whae you ask. :cool2:

Liam89
29-12-2009, 02:59 PM
in one of the recent threads of Kickback they seem to be agreeing with each other that they dislike us but hate the OF more.

"It's OK to beat hibs,it's not OK to hate them"
discuss.

And before I get torn to shreds I'm merely quoting the words of the greatest Jambo ever, John Cumming. http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/images/smilies/smiliz21.gif

soupy
29-12-2009, 03:03 PM
When it comes to me no chance they do.....:bitchy::bitchy::jamboak:

Sylar
29-12-2009, 03:20 PM
They're nothing more than an opposing team in my eyes. I don't "hate" any other teams/supporters.

People who get THAT worked up about football need examined!

Golden Bear
29-12-2009, 03:24 PM
Aye :bevvied!:

But do I really care?!

:greengrin

NOLA
29-12-2009, 03:33 PM
For 90 minutes on Sunday I'll hate them like I've never hated anything in my life. After that 90 minutes is up, I'll just go back to hating Simon Cowell, Big brother, the X-Factor and SOAP OPERAS no matter what the result.

I suspect most Hearts fans will be the same, the cretins on Kickback can't be a real reflection of the majority... can they?

What even Hollyoaks!! have a word with yourself!:bitchy:

Steve20
29-12-2009, 04:01 PM
No one could hate me as much as I hate the Hearts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oscar Lomax
29-12-2009, 04:02 PM
I went through High School during their 21 draw's in a row tenure and my life was made a misery by them. There was only a handfull of Hibs fans went to Dalkeith High at that time and I was one off them.
They tore me appart and when Hibs did beat them, they were going to beat me up if I had a go at them....
They honestly see Hibs as a joke club that should NEVER win anything before them. I know a good few die hards and if they get beaten they will not speak to anyone for days. A bitter bunch with a hate filled mentality that seems to be passed on from father to son. As a hibs fan I like to see them get beaten yes but it doesnt go much more then that. I am just bewildered some times at their total disgust towards Hibs and the supporters on a whole.
I think Hibs are a more respected and well liked club than that lot any day!

johnrebus
29-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Coming from outside Edinburgh I have never really hated Hearts, more pitied them really - especially recently.

In my experience the delusion and nastiness towards all things Hibernian really only gathered apace after Wallace Mercer took over.

They serve a usefull purpose nowadays however, in that they give all other Scottish football fans a good laugh........,

:jamboak:

Mikey
29-12-2009, 04:50 PM

If you pay close attention over there you'll see that it's the same few who make a lot of noise. Or in some cases nhoise :greengrin

They simply don't like it up 'em and their decades of overspending (which is they reason they have their superiority complex in the first place) will see to it that they'll be looking up the table at the Hibees for many years to come.

7Hero
29-12-2009, 05:04 PM
absolutely cant stand them, more than any other species on the planet, no banter is possible with any of the jumbos i know. there attitude and affiliation to the maroon tops quite simply irritates me more than anything else.

they definitely can not hate me as much as i hate them..

Saorsa
29-12-2009, 05:32 PM
For 90 minutes on Sunday I'll hate them like I've never hated anything in my life. After that 90 minutes is up, I'll just go back to hating Simon Cowell, Big brother, the X-Factor and soap operas no matter what the result.

I suspect most Hearts fans will be the same, the cretins on Kickback can't be a real reflection of the majority... can they?Well 99.99% of ****s that I've ever had the misfortune tae meet must be regulars on keechboak then, absolute fannies.

Ozyhibby
29-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Recent chants of 'Kickbacks for w**k**s' at the PBS show that the majority of Hearts fans don't agree with the level of bitterness and bigotry that is on that forum.
Most of the Jambo's i know are a fairly decent bunch who hate us for 90 min every 3 months or so. The rest of it is just good natured banter.

Kickback on the other hand, Unlike this forum, has been monopolised by a much more bigoted version of your average jambo.

How many jambos do you know who bring up religion constantly like they do on kickback?

clerriehibs
29-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Recent chants of 'Kickbacks for w**k**s' at the PBS show that the majority of Hearts fans don't agree with the level of bitterness and bigotry that is on that forum.
Most of the Jambo's i know are a fairly decent bunch who hate us for 90 min every 3 months or so. The rest of it is just good natured banter.

Kickback on the other hand, Unlike this forum, has been monopolised by a much more bigoted version of your average jambo.

How many jambos do you know who bring up religion constantly like they do on kickback?

Seriously? So they're turning on themselves like they used to on the terracing in the 80s ...

Kato
29-12-2009, 06:04 PM
In my experience they have more bigots following them. Vast majority are just normal deluded clowns but there is a nasty streak in a lot of jambos, the internet has given them a voice and a means to act wider than they would ever do in public.

Their self perceived "Big Team" status hasn't done their psyche's any good either - big expectations, few achievements, huge beer bellies and very tiny t*dg*rs adds up to a lot of frustration to vent.

All in all a lot of them don't have much joy in their lives.

Gerard
29-12-2009, 06:15 PM
I do not hate them as life is too short to hate any person. They can say that their team has a better Derby record, have won more cups and have won the Scottish Cup in 1998 and 2006. They will say that they are the big team and that we are the wee team. That all Hibs are Hobos who live in caravans and sell pegs and take prescribed drugs.............

From a Hibs point of view we have a club with little debt, a state of the art training academy and a very good football team who have every chance of finishing third or with luck better.

So, let them hate us and become bitter and twisted with hate as they have a very uncertain future
Gerard:hnet:

Viva_Palmeiras
29-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Why hate when you can laugh? Plus Takes up less energy

In any case I thought the Jambos hated themselves more than they hated us...?

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Since the very early 60s Rangers had been my all time most hated club in the world, the 70s in particular was the worst period, however over the last few years with the mad one taking over the hatred has shifted away up in piggery land for me, they don't give a toss who they beat as long as it's us, period, and that just goes to show what an bunch of inbred **** sucking *******s they are

:greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
29-12-2009, 07:25 PM
I hate to lose to them and I hate them doing that stupid twirly thing with their scarves, but it stops there.

What's the point of criticising 'them' for thinking 'they're' better than 'us' and then going on to list all the ways 'we're' better than 'them'? :confused:

I would suggest that for every deluded Hearts fan who thinks they're the "Big Team' there's a deluded Hibs fan who thinks we're morally superior to them in some way.

Hearts fans support an Edinburgh club with its own traditions, as opposed to being Glory Hunters following the OF and I've absolutely no problem with that.

I do think Hibs fans are generally cooler, though! :wink::greengrin

Twa Cairpets
29-12-2009, 08:49 PM
I recently got binned by sociopathback after a year or so and a few hundred posts in the guise of a disaffected yam.

I was pretty much always coherent in arguments, very anti-Vlad, and my poking was mainly at those who would back him to the hilt no matter what.

In comparison to here, the tolerance for non party line views is zero, venomous and frankly disturbing. Trying to have anything approaching a rational debate with the more monumentally loony element - Le Chat, Therapist, Chad Sexington, Victorian et al is like trying to milk a chicken, impossible and pointless.

woody47
29-12-2009, 09:26 PM
I think the problem is a few of their suppport do not have a brain cell between them and are all hard men typists. They go onto various websites and spout hatred that is unbelievable. They have the cheek to condemn the unwashed through the west but are no better themselves.
I have too many yam mates to use the word hate.
So, no, I do not hate them.
I do however despise what a few of them are and that is pure bigots and I actually think some of them need to go to a psychiatrist because it is not natural to have such a deep hatred for a team or their support. Quite sad really so they are more to be pitied than hated.

Alicky Ranks
30-12-2009, 11:03 AM
I think their hatred of us is fuelled by jealousy. Hibs have always been a fairly well liked team among fans of other clubs whereas Hearts are right up there with the Old Firm when it comes to teams everyone loves to see getting stuffed. Their misplaced arrogance since Vlad arrived on the scene just made them even more loathsome. Personally I just regard them as a joke club.

cwilliamson85
30-12-2009, 11:44 AM
I dont care what is happening down gorgie way.

Why read into all the shambolcs of the HOMFC whne there is so much happening at the FAMOUS EDINBURGH HIBEES!

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-12-2009, 11:57 AM
It's good when we beat them, especially on the back of the big team wee team nonsense that they console themselves with whenever Plan A [ CL qualification ] goes tits up. But naturally hate or dislike as an automatic response? That may be a bit far for me. Save that for when the Old Firm come calling. I always feel " contaminated" when I have been near any of them and when you hear some of the bigoted guff that RFC inflicted on us last Sunday, well that dislike is not superficial. Something deep down tells you it is not right.

Bishop Hibee
30-12-2009, 12:05 PM
The 'sensible' Jambos are living in fear of Vlad pulling the plug and Hibs being the only show in town.

The deluded continue to spout their usual hateful rubbish towards us.

On balance due to a mixture of jealousy and fear I'd say they probably do hate us more at the moment.

Sas_The_Hibby
30-12-2009, 12:06 PM
I think their hatred of us is fuelled by jealousy. Hibs have always been a fairly well liked team among fans of other clubs whereas Hearts are right up there with the Old Firm when it comes to teams everyone loves to see getting stuffed. Their misplaced arrogance since Vlad arrived on the scene just made them even more loathsome. Personally I just regard them as a joke club.

Evidence? TBH, this sounds like wishful thinking.

My own experience is that Hibs are no more and no less liked than most other clubs. Hearts are certainly a figure of fun at present but I suspect that in the normal way they're viewed in a similar light to Hibs.

hibiedude
30-12-2009, 12:18 PM
I don't hate the jambo's but there's a small minded element on both sides that spoil it for the majority. :rolleyes:

1two
30-12-2009, 12:19 PM
I have a lot of jambo friends and family.
I can honestly say I don't hate them. I may point and shout abuse from afar on Sunday at them but at the end of the day, its a football match. It means a lot to me for hibs to do well but overall, of all the important things in my life, Hibs and football are only a game.

If I read kickback it appears that they dont feel the same way for me so in answer to your question - Yes, Probably!

**** the hearts!:greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
30-12-2009, 12:36 PM
I have a lot of jambo friends and family.
I can honestly say I don't hate them. I may point and shout abuse from afar on Sunday at them but at the end of the day, its a football match. It means a lot to me for hibs to do well but overall, of all the important things in my life, Hibs and football are only a game.

If I read kickback it appears that they dont feel the same way for me so in answer to your question - Yes, Probably!

**** the hearts!:greengrin

SHAME ON YOU!!!! :wink::greengrin

Mag7
30-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Evidence? TBH, this sounds like wishful thinking.

My own experience is that Hibs are no more and no less liked than most other clubs. Hearts are certainly a figure of fun at present but I suspect that in the normal way they're viewed in a similar light to Hibs.

I don't think its' wishful thinking. I've worked for spells all over Scotland and the overwhelming majority of colleagues I've worked with, be they huns, sheep, arabs, ross county whatever, prefer Hibs to Hearts. A lot simply like our strip, while some older fans took a shine to the Famous Five or Turnbull's Tornadoes and regard Hibs as the more attractive side to watch. Your own point about Hibs being the 'cooler' team is often cited as well. Hearts, and especially their fans, get a pretty bad press everywhere IMHO which probably fuels their bitterness towards all things Hibs.

Dashing Bob S
30-12-2009, 02:36 PM
I love them. When I think of the amusement that those cretins have provided me with over the years, it would be mean-spirited not too.

But if anything were to happen to them, (in February, for instance - and I'm just saying) I'd be all stiff-upper lip about it and get over it.

After all, they'd want it that way.

Sas_The_Hibby
30-12-2009, 03:15 PM
I love them. When I think of the amusement that those cretins have provided me with over the years, it would be mean-spirited not too.

But if anything were to happen to them, (in February, for instance - and I'm just saying) I'd be all stiff-upper lip about it and get over it.

After all, they'd want it that way.

If this happened, DBS, we'd all just have to be brave about it.......... :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
30-12-2009, 03:18 PM
I don't think its' wishful thinking. I've worked for spells all over Scotland and the overwhelming majority of colleagues I've worked with, be they huns, sheep, arabs, ross county whatever, prefer Hibs to Hearts. A lot simply like our strip, while some older fans took a shine to the Famous Five or Turnbull's Tornadoes and regard Hibs as the more attractive side to watch. Your own point about Hibs being the 'cooler' team is often cited as well. Hearts, and especially their fans, get a pretty bad press everywhere IMHO which probably fuels their bitterness towards all things Hibs.

Fair enough - nice to know, if it's true.

Mind you, I'm concerned about you socalising with fans from other clubs! :greengrin

AndyM_1875
30-12-2009, 03:22 PM
I don't hate them. They are our city rivals and I want us to beat them but that's about it. I know some really good folk who support them but who now despair about the state of their team. Fair play to them I guess for not taking the easy route to following the Old Firm.

But there does seem to be a lot of obsessive, unhealthy, paranoid nonsense that comes from their Internet based types especially about Hibs. And a lot of the nonsense they spout just leaves me a bit bemused. The borderline sectarian stuff I find a bit pathetic and sad.
Tom English summed them up in a nutshell in this article (http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/sos-sports-columnists/Tom-English-When-even-the.5251890.jp).

Sas_The_Hibby
30-12-2009, 03:30 PM
An interesting thing (I think!) about all this is that whilst one of the reasons given to dislike / hate Hearts or their fans is the "big team / wee team" thing, I think we wouldn't want it any other way.

What I mean by that is that one of the things I like about supporting Hibs is the feeling that we're the non-conformist / cool / slightly subversive club in Edinburgh and not the 'establishment' club. A measure of this derives, of course, from our Irish and Catholic heritage, and shouldn't be over-emphasised (or we'd be in danger of developing a Celtic style victim mentality!), but is, in a sense a part of how we see ourselves and who we are.

Still can't bring myself to hate Hearts fans, though - sorry!

lucky
30-12-2009, 04:36 PM
I don't hate them but do detest the way the behave and spout on about religion, big team, 400k fans, great ground and atmosphere.

If fact I don't detest them just pity that joke club roll on Sunday.

hibs0666
30-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Good to see the Boabster has emerged from his hole - amazing what a couple of wins does for that mob. His ongoing fascination with 'taking it dry' has not abated I see and remains a tad worrying...

Having sat amongst them on one occasion at ****** Road ( the league derby after we had subjected them to utter humiliation in the semi ) as our end was sold out and they couldn't give their tickets away , I can categorically confirm that the hatred they hold for all things HMFC is far and away the worst I've ever witnessed from one team's fans to another's.
There were actually people who spent the entire match with their backs to the game in order to hurl abuse toward the away section so the person who started that thread and the many other flanges who agreed with him are talking complete and utter nonsense ( which is only what you would expect from the morons who inhabit that site ).

There's even one lobotomised medical experiment-gone-wrong who suggests that we are jealous of their current lofty , if false , position !!

Quite frankly the level of hatred they hold for us makes it all the more sweet when we consistantly bend them over and give them it dry on the pitch and I'm really , really happy that our mere existence causes them so much pain.

As an aside, does anyone else reckon that Boabster venturing into the Hibs end is more fantasy than reality? :wink:

Saorsa
30-12-2009, 07:06 PM
As an aside, does anyone else reckon that Boabster venturing into the Hibs end is more fantasy than reality? :wink:I doubt he was there, the stench would have gave him away before he even got tae the gates.

:jamboak:

hibsbollah
30-12-2009, 07:44 PM
Recent chants of 'Kickbacks for w**k**s' at the PBS

Thats good news if true. Anytime I go on brokeback I leave thinking worse of the human race. Ive been told followfollow is worse but thats hardly surprising...

hibeesliam94
30-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Always felt that our hatred for them was a bit more 'light-hearted' wheras they genuinely detest us.

However I couldn't care less for that mob:jamboak:

FranckSuzy
30-12-2009, 08:33 PM
One thing I've observed about Hearts fans in general is that they love giving out the abuse when we get beat by anyone and obviously especially by them. However, they so can't take it when the shoe's on the other foot. I even know a Jambo who avoids my family if they've been beaten by any team, not just the Hibees :confused: :greengrin

heretoday
31-12-2009, 12:22 AM
I think they definitely hate us more than the opposite.

A woman said to me at a funeral reception: "So you're the dirty Hibee?"

I dunno but I can't envisage a woman of my Hibs acquaintance saying something like that.

CmoantheHibs
31-12-2009, 01:13 AM
In my experience yams have always been more bitter and hate filled than us.They are certainly more bigoted.Its not something they should be proud of but they probably are.In saying this many supported our cause when Hibs almost went under before Tom Farmer stepped in.Every support has good and bad aspects but they have a higher %age of undesirables than most clubs.

HibeeMcGinn1
31-12-2009, 01:17 AM
no explanations needed at all here.

I just absolutly ****ing HATE them with a passion FULL STOP

Sandy
31-12-2009, 05:54 AM
Boabster the true definition of 'keyboard hardman', would love to 'bump into him' one day. As for the hatred thing, I was only born in Edinburgh, spent my Hibs supporting youth in Gala then moved to Aberdeen at 14. So no I don't have the same level of hatred towards them as they seem to have with all things Hibs. Will despise the filthy shower of inbred manks on Sunday though :greengrin

Hainan Hibs
31-12-2009, 09:45 AM
makes it all the more sweet when we consistantly bend them over and give them it dry on the pitch

:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

I would say I do hate Hearts, but it's just too hard to, they're just a complete and utter laughing stock now. Romanov, "no real debt", Stewart's constant huffs, Nade, that other pleb up front, the fake attendances, the plook who got TKO'd by Casper, constant prime time comedy.

They have 0% class, 0% respect, 0% skill, they just reek of ***** and are a complete and utter joke in this country and the rest of the UK.

Houchy
02-01-2010, 08:49 PM
I would have tended to say that I dislike them (as we should being our rivals) but hate... probably not, although I have just deleted a "friend" on facebook that I used to work with for say that for 90minutes tomorrow, he'll be wishing all Hibs fans "death". This isn't the first time he's spouted this crap either so, yes, I HATE HEARTS and the sooner they die (the club), the better!!!

Come on Hibs, ram it right up these grunts tomorrow!!!