PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Saints v Hibs is OFF (snow / ice in car park)

PaulSmith
29-12-2009, 07:46 AM
http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2009/12/29/sportstory14320146t0.asp

Wouldn't be a bad thing to be fair.

I'm_cabbaged
29-12-2009, 07:53 AM

IMO I think we need a game as quickly as possible. :boo hoo:

H18sry
29-12-2009, 08:04 AM
It could be a blessing in disguise, if the game is off, Saints are on a good run at the moment, and it could be a dent in our confidence losing 2 games in a row. It will also give our goalies another 6 days to get fit.

Part/Time Supporter
29-12-2009, 08:09 AM
The ground is basically in a bowl, so all the snow and ice will fill in there and will be difficult to clear. With it being an out of town ground, it's not as if the surrounding area would be cleared for regular traffic. Unless there is a big thaw on it will be off.

Diesel froze in the club’s tractor, preventing any attempt to clear an adequate path from the entrance to the stadium itself, let alone remove the snow from an area of the club’s artificial surface.

You would have thought that Saints would have more than one tractor to call upon.

:greengrin

hibiedude
29-12-2009, 08:21 AM
IMO I think we need a game as quickly as possible. :boo hoo:

We need a game quickly to put right what was clearly wrong against the Huns.

I know the Saints are on a good run at the moment but so are we :agree:

So i'm with you mate on this one :thumbsup:

But you can't beat the weather conditions so it does look like being re-scheduled

forthhibby
29-12-2009, 08:29 AM

considering our goalkeeping position i've got to agree

mjhibby
29-12-2009, 09:17 AM
That would be brilliant news if it was off.We would then have a fit goalie,hopefully a new signing or two who would then be settled in and it would keep the players fresh for the derby.Heres hoping.Meant to be blizzards just up the road from perth.Chances do look slim of it being on .Hurrah.Just checked the forecast and its not meant to go above -5 today and drops to -6 tonight.Probably called off tommorow lunchtime i would think.:thumbsup:

mjhibby
29-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Its also meant to be snowing most of tommorow in that area so it would be pointless waiting for it to get better.

Phil D. Rolls
29-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Could we possibly switch the fixture to ER?

Leithenhibby
29-12-2009, 09:38 AM
It's not looking good at the moment...

I feel it's safe to say !It's Off"..unless there is a dramatic rise in the temperature then, NO chance.

The good old days. :cool2:

“We’ll train longer on Tuesday, assuming we can find somewhere. (saints manager)

Golden Bear
29-12-2009, 10:26 AM
If the game is postponed then it's a great result for us.

It will give Ian Murray more time to regain his fitness - it's only a pity he can't play left back and centre half at the same time.

Moulin Yarns
29-12-2009, 10:27 AM
It's not looking good at the moment...

I feel it's safe to say !It's Off"..unless there is a dramatic rise in the temperature then, NO chance.

The good old days. :cool2:

“We’ll train longer on Tuesday, assuming we can find somewhere. (saints manager)

they usually train on the north inch, and the cooncil don't charge them :grr:

MSK
29-12-2009, 10:29 AM
The ground is basically in a bowl, so all the snow and ice will fill in there and will be difficult to clear. With it being an out of town ground, it's not as if the surrounding area would be cleared for regular traffic. Unless there is a big thaw on it will be off.

You would have thought that Saints would have more than one tractor to call upon.

:greengrinJeezo ...all they have tae do is stick a blow torch tae the diesel tank for a few minutes tae get it melted ...:confused:

Hibs Spain
29-12-2009, 10:30 AM
That would be brilliant news if it was off.We would then have a fit goalie,hopefully a new signing or two who would then be settled in and it would keep the players fresh for the derby.Heres hoping.Meant to be blizzards just up the road from perth.Chances do look slim of it being on .Hurrah.Just checked the forecast and its not meant to go above -5 today and drops to -6 tonight.Probably called off tommorow lunchtime i would think.:thumbsup:

Yeh Maka's hamstring should have cleared up..

Hibbyradge
29-12-2009, 10:31 AM

That's enough of the winding up, please.

Golden Bear
29-12-2009, 10:32 AM

Ye'll get it tight now - and deservedly so!

:wink:

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2009, 10:33 AM

I hope Sundays performance finally wound Maka's career up at Hibs.

Golden Bear
29-12-2009, 10:38 AM
I hope Sundays performance finally wound Maka's career up at Hibs.

Mind you he did have a string of exceptional performances but he's seemingly been hung out to dry after sunday.

Antifa Hibs
29-12-2009, 10:49 AM
FFS. That'll be £15 train fares doon the ****ter :grr:

Danderhall Hibs
29-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Mind you he did have a string of exceptional performances but he's seemingly been hung out to dry after sunday.

If the game’s on and Stack’s not fit I’d have no fears about Maka playing. He’s had his howler – he’ll be ok for 2 or 3, maybe 4 matches. Then the next clanger will come along and boot us all in the baws.

Baldy Foghorn
29-12-2009, 10:51 AM
FFS. That'll be £15 train fares doon the ****ter :grr:

The game is still on at the moment, and they are working hard to clear the snow away from the surrounding areas...............

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2009, 11:02 AM
If the game’s on and Stack’s not fit I’d have no fears about Maka playing. He’s had his howler – he’ll be ok for 2 or 3, maybe 4 matches. Then the next clanger will come along and boot us all in the baws.

no no no no no He should never get near a football pitch ever again in a Hibs jersey.

Davy Mac
29-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Just spoke to the ticket office at STJ and she has asked me to call back later as a decision will be made later on today.

There will be nowt wrong with the pitch as they have undersoil heating but it's the car park that's apparently the problem.

richard_pitts
29-12-2009, 11:08 AM

:confused:

The ground is right next to a blimming great Tesco and a B&Q. I was up there yesterday and I have no idea why the roads haven't been gritted. The St Johnstone car park was under a lot of snow, they and Perth & Kinross Council should get the finger out.

As for the tractors I am sure their supporters could lend them a few :faf: One locally here used his tractor to clear our street :greengrin

Golden Bear

Aye sorry, - there were a few distantly related posts based on hamstrings etc but the thread now appears to be back on the serious nature of maka's performances.

Hibs Spain

I'm serious and until he makes a series of mistakes that would be deemed deserving of being dropped,he should keep his place.eg,the previous four games he was probably responsible for gaining us a good few points.Doesn't matter who was in goals on Sunday..We'd have lost anyway.

ArabHibee
29-12-2009, 11:11 AM

The ground is on a major road going into and out of Perth and the surrounding area is supermarket and other stores so the roads should be clear enough. The roads in the housing estate of Letham will be another matter of course.

Jeezo ...all they have tae do is stick a blow torch tae the diesel tank for a few minutes tae get it melted ...:confused:

:agree: And with B&Q just across the road, its no like there wasn't anywhere handy nearby to purchase one.

Gatecrasher
29-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Aberdeen game off and hamilton off as well ssn

ArabHibee
29-12-2009, 11:13 AM
I'm serious and until he makes a series of mistakes that would be deemed deserving of being dropped,he should keep his place.eg,the previous four games he was probably responsible for gaining us a good few points.Doesn't matter who was in goals on Sunday..We'd have lost anyway.

Can we please not turn this into another Maka thread? Please, please, please?

down the slope
29-12-2009, 11:14 AM

Maka's agent at it again i see, is he watching the same game that i am ?.

Hibs Spain
29-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Can we please not turn this into another Maka thread? Please, please, please?

I'll say no more..Just wanted to make it clear I was serious and if people were to open their eyes,look at stats etc they'd have a hard job putting a reasonable case together for dropping him!

Golden Bear
29-12-2009, 11:22 AM
I'll propose a winter shut down - or at least until Bamba is back. Do I have a seconder?

Hibs Spain
29-12-2009, 11:42 AM

Police are there right now...Should know in the next half hour but an admin guy said chances are very very remote of game being on.Said to check their web site in half an hour or so.

Part/Time Supporter
29-12-2009, 11:46 AM
:confused:

The ground is right next to a blimming great Tesco and a B&Q. I was up there yesterday and I have no idea why the roads haven't been gritted. The St Johnstone car park was under a lot of snow, they and Perth & Kinross Council should get the finger out.

As for the tractors I am sure their supporters could lend them a few :faf: One locally here used his tractor to clear our street :greengrin

I don't mean Crieff Road and the main A9 slip road, I mean the car park itself and the access roads from the car park to those roads. There's no reason to keep those clear other than to provide access to McDiarmid, it's not as if there are any houses round the back or somesuch.

City centre grounds like Easter Road or the PBS will generally always be okay in this respect because the surrounding streets should be cleared for access to houses, schools and shops. St. Mirren obviously ran into this problem on Saturday because that site is really on the fringes of Paisley and there are few surrounding houses. The only road that should be kept relatively clear around there would be the one running behind the main stand.

hibiedude
29-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Its not just about the stadium being OK its about the fans getting too and back from the stadium safely.

As said earlier I hope it goes ahead but its not looking good so we'll have to wait till Sunday to take our frustrations out on Hearts. :greengrin

GB6
29-12-2009, 11:58 AM
game off !! just on sky sports news

Leithenhibby
29-12-2009, 12:00 PM
they usually train on the north inch, and the cooncil don't charge them :grr:

I'd rather have a state of the art facility that cost 4/5 mil :cool2:

Dashing Bob S
29-12-2009, 12:02 PM
I feel good about this. Didn't fancy going to play Saints on a bad pitch. Could see injuries/suspensions before Yams game.

Part/Time Supporter
29-12-2009, 12:07 PM
officially off (http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=644)

Interesting to see when it is rescheduled for. Doubt it will be next week (too short notice / too much risk of getting called off again), then there are dates for cup replays (10/11 January?), Saints are in a CIS semi final against the Huns (3 February) and there are already two scheduled midweek rounds of league fixtures coming up (27 January and 10 February).

The only available date before mid February is either of the midweeks in January where there aren't cup replays. If Rod pulls a few strings he could keep the game from being played until late February.

lucky
29-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Its off ssn breaking news

oldbutdim
29-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Confirmed.
:cool2:

marinello59
29-12-2009, 12:15 PM
officially off (http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=644)

Interesting to see when it is rescheduled for. Doubt it will be next week (too short notice / too much risk of getting called off again), then there are dates for cup replays (10/11 January?), Saints are in a CIS semi final against the Huns (3 February) and there are already two scheduled midweek rounds of league fixtures coming up (27 January and 10 February).

The only available date before mid February is either of the midweeks in January where there aren't cup replays. If Rod pulls a few strings he could keep the game from being played until late February.

Officially off on St J's website.
Aberdeens game is officially off on their website
Hibs Official Website................nowt.

Sas_The_Hibby
29-12-2009, 12:16 PM

By which time, we'll have brought in half the Barcelona team and will walk the game, anyway....... :greengrin

copycat
29-12-2009, 12:23 PM
yep defo off,

Killie v Celtic also off

justchad
29-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Game off just announced on sky

ArabHibee
29-12-2009, 12:25 PM
:grr::grr::grr:

.Sean.
29-12-2009, 12:27 PM
Aye, ****ing great news eh :grr:

Im off work tomorrow, was planning to head to the pub early, get pished, board the bus then head to a boozer up there... No happening now though :boo hoo:

I'm_cabbaged
29-12-2009, 12:29 PM

Im off work tomorrow, was planning to head to the pub early, get pished, board the bus then head to a boozer up there... No happening now though :boo hoo:

On a positive note, it gives me more beer vouchers for Sunday. :cool2:

mim
29-12-2009, 12:30 PM

You and me both, pal. :boo hoo:

Bishop Hibee
29-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Shame. It would have been my first away game of the season too. Saves £20 and the petrol money I suppose.

Pluses for us is that it may not be rescheduled until after the African Cup of Nations and hopefully Stack will be fit for it.

Hertz to get beat by a resurgent 'Well will be were my attention lies tomorrow evening :agree:

Don-hibee
29-12-2009, 12:33 PM

You obviously have E.S.P to know that,:greengrin any chance that works with the lottery numbers, if so, gonna post them

MaroonPlatoon
29-12-2009, 12:35 PM
unusually for perth the roads and footpaths are pretty poor, we came back from edinburgh last night and couldnt believe the depth of it, my bro had warned me but generally their pretty good at clearing it, the grounds very close to our house and despite it being a main road its still pretty treacherous underfoot. we woke this morning to ice on the inside of our kitchen window, not seen that in years!

Danderhall Hibs
29-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Hertz to get beat by a resurgent 'Well will be were my attention lies tomorrow evening :agree:

Here's hoping but if they do manage to get another penalty and win they'll only be 9 points behind us going into the derby. The 15 point lead could be down to 6 by next week.

That'd be brutal.

H113EE5
29-12-2009, 12:56 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8433613.stm[/URL]

panshibby
29-12-2009, 01:13 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8433613.stm

Ell_Chrisso
29-12-2009, 01:19 PM
I know alot of people will be dissapointed the game is off, but i am DELIGHTED! :thumbsup:

1. Living in Perth, waiting bloody years for us to get an away game against Saints, only to be down in England this week in between the Huns & the Jambo's.

2. We got a harsh lesson on Sunday, that we aren't quite good enough yet.

3. The best way for us to rebound, is to play in a Big game at home, and no other is perfect than playing our best chums on Sunday. I think us playing away against Saints tomorrow night would have been an easy way for us too lose more confidence, than get back to winning ways.

I'd much rather have a game at home to bounce back, rather than away!

mjhibby
29-12-2009, 01:41 PM
I take it now that yogi could have a signing or two in the squad for the hertz game if he so wished or do we think he will do business after the cup tie.

CropleyWasGod
29-12-2009, 01:50 PM
I'm not normally one to say "I told you so", but, in reference to the thread a few days ago about the Rangers game being in doubt.... particularly those who said it wouldn't be off just because of a danger to the public.

"The SPL say pitches were playable but police were concerned for fans' safety. "

Yours,

Mr. Smug :greengrin

GreenCastle
29-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Bit upset as was looking forward to going :grr:

Luckily i hadn't booked any travel - I feel sorry for those who had - maybe enough time to try get a refund if at all possible ?

Good news is that we get the extra rest - hopefully the yams game will be on tomorrow and it will be a hard game for them.

Gives our keepers a few days to get sorted and like most on here I agree another loss would have hurt our confidence especially as the Saints are playing really well right now.

Mickey Edwards
29-12-2009, 02:05 PM
minus 16 here this morning {about 13 miles away from McDiarmid}

.....wouldn't have been much fun in that.

ArabHibee
29-12-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm not normally one to say "I told you so", but, in reference to the thread a few days ago about the Rangers game being in doubt.... particularly those who said it wouldn't be off just because of a danger to the public.

"The SPL say pitches were playable but police were concerned for fans' safety. "

Yours,

Mr. Smug :greengrin

Yeah. Me too! :smug:

Imo roads shldnt b an issue.can u c them calling off the hogmanay street party, or any other big public event for these reasons,if the pitch is playable get it played, and lets get intae them!

:hmmm: Yes. See below:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/jan/01/topstories3.mainsection (http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/jan/01/topstories3.mainsection)

That was bcos the wind threatend to injure peoplf Iirc, and not because ther was in Issue with crowds geting there?

:smug::smug::smug::smug:

CropleyWasGod
29-12-2009, 02:20 PM
Yeah. Me too! :smug:

:smug::smug::smug::smug:

There's me being a gentleman, too, but you had to name and shame!

Tsk tsk...:greengrin

ArabHibee
29-12-2009, 02:24 PM
There's me being a gentleman, too, but you had to name and shame!

Tsk tsk...:greengrin

Well, my take on that is if you're wrong then you have to stand up and admit you're wrong.

But as I'm female, it doesn't count in my case. :cool2:

Sir David Gray
29-12-2009, 03:32 PM
From a personal perspective, I'm pretty pleased that the game is off.

After missing the game at the weekend because of the weather, I was also going to miss the game tomorrow due to family commitments so I'll hopefully now be able to go to the rescheduled game. :thumbsup:

Lofarl
29-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Well on the plus side the Yam game looks to be on. So heres hoping for a big physical game against the Steelmen. Should not be too hard considering that fat numpty up front should play. Plus the usual new manager bounce could widen the gap back to normal :thumbsup:

Plus I hear Peter Lawell of septic is whinging about the Killie game being called off. I did not know it was the clubs responsibility to make sure the surrounding areas outwith the stadium are cleared. But according to old sneaky Pete it is. Whether or not the surrounding areas extent to soap dodge city remains unknown.

ArabHibee
29-12-2009, 04:06 PM
From a personal perspective, I'm pretty pleased that the game is off.

After missing the game at the weekend because of the weather, I was also going to miss the game tomorrow due to family commitments so I'll hopefully now be able to go to the rescheduled game. :thumbsup:

It's all about you isn't it? :wink:

Erinfly
29-12-2009, 04:13 PM
I'm with the majority on this one. While disapointed we are not getting a quick game to get sundays farce out of our system, tommorrow night would have been a shambles in those freezing conditions and we now dont run the risk of any more injuries before sunday. I imagine (and hope) the players will still be hurting come sunday and having them at home could not be a better next game to right the wrongs of what happened. Having said that if they get a win tomorrow night that puts them in with the chance of pulling only 6 points behind us so should be an interesting afternoon. Oh and murray and stack fit please...or flynn in.... GBTH

CropleyWasGod
29-12-2009, 05:38 PM
You're no really talking pish.

It's Hibs. It's the Cup. It's normal to think we wouldn't be playing.

IWasThere2016
29-12-2009, 07:00 PM
I was in Perf today and it was Baltic - well -10C !!!

Arrived and immediately bought a scarf, gloves, hoody and extra socks - put them all on in order to go shopping.

The city centre was a disgrace with clearly little/no effort to clear path/thoroughfares etc.

It is the right decision to postpone as it is no fun travelling/playing/spectating in these temps.

Allant1981
29-12-2009, 07:04 PM
I work near perth and thats the snow on again so maybe a good idea calling it off early, plus im having to work tomo now so wont miss it!

the lurker
29-12-2009, 08:10 PM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-match-at-St-Johnstone.5942683.jp

thebakerboy
29-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Game postponed due to weather . Maybe a good thing considering Keeper probs

blackhibee
30-12-2009, 12:41 AM
I noticed the Airdrie v Dundee game is also off, and that's on Saturday. Is that not just a wee bit premature?

Danderhall Hibs
30-12-2009, 08:21 AM
I was in Perf today and it was Baltic - well -10C !!!

Arrived and immediately bought a scarf, gloves, hoody and extra socks - put them all on in order to go shopping.

The city centre was a disgrace with clearly little/no effort to clear path/thoroughfares etc.

It is the right decision to postpone as it is no fun travelling/playing/spectating in these temps.

So it’s ok to drive to Perth to go shopping but not ok to drive and watch a football match? How do the police come to that concusion?

Part/Time Supporter
30-12-2009, 09:31 AM
So it’s ok to drive to Perth to go shopping but not ok to drive and watch a football match? How do the police come to that concusion?

Presumably because the main roads and the shopping centre car park are okay.

StevieC
30-12-2009, 09:45 AM
I was in Perf today and it was Baltic - well -10C !!! Arrived and immediately bought a scarf, gloves, hoody and extra socks - put them all on in order to go shopping.

Shopping, scarf, thermal socks ... all you need to do is start sitting down for a pee and the transition will almost be complete.

That'll be down to the Dundee based Tayside Contracts then! I'll bet you they made sure that Dundee was nice and clear though, before giving the rest of us a thought.

StevieC
30-12-2009, 09:48 AM

And you probably wont have 8,000 people trying to squeeze into Marks and Spencers at the same time.

(although probably not far off it) :rolleyes:

IWasThere2016
30-12-2009, 10:30 AM

It was treacherous underfoot and I have never felt so cold (and I like the cold!)

Perf has had > 8 inches of the white crud (fully merited of course :greengrin).

The Tay was frozen at Kinfauns and again in Perf city centre.

Snooty Perfers clearly cannae work a shovel :cool2:

IWasThere2016
30-12-2009, 10:38 AM

The car parks werenae clear. Am sure that'll be Tayside Contracts fault too :wink:.

One car park was 'suspended'as the machines were frozen and the robbing cants werenae letting folks park for free.
It was the correct decision to postpone IMHO

ScottB
30-12-2009, 11:25 AM
I'll be interested to see how the fans get on at Tynecastle tonight, I live in Gorgie and the condition of everything besides Gorgie Road itself is awful, everythings sheet ice thanks to not seeing the slightest hint of grit.

I get the feeling most of tonights games would be on if the councils could do their jobs properly.

hiberactive
30-12-2009, 12:29 PM
I'll be interested to see how the fans get on at Tynecastle tonight, I live in Gorgie and the condition of everything besides Gorgie Road itself is awful, everythings sheet ice thanks to not seeing the slightest hint of grit.

I get the feeling most of tonights games would be on if the councils could do their jobs properly.
I think the **** will be doing everything in their power to get the game called off tonight so nobody gets injured or sent off ahead of the derby.

greenlex
30-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Hearts need the cash. The game will be on.

I'm_cabbaged
30-12-2009, 12:33 PM
I think the **** will be doing everything in their power to get the game called off tonight so nobody gets injured or sent off ahead of the derby.

What's the script with Goncalves?

Is he suspended for tonight aswell? :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
30-12-2009, 12:35 PM
What's the script with Goncalves?

Is he suspended for tonight aswell? :confused:

No - he's suspended for the derby either way. It's something to do with his accumulation of yellow cards - you serve a one match ban 14 days after the last one. Basically means he's available tonight and out for Sunday. If the game had been on Saturday I think he'd have been available.

I'm_cabbaged
30-12-2009, 12:39 PM
No - he's suspended for the derby either way. It's something to do with his accumulation of yellow cards - you serve a one match ban 14 days after the last one. Basically means he's available tonight and out for Sunday. If the game had been on Saturday I think he'd have been available.

:thumbsup:

Had me sweating there thinking it would be his 2nd next match. :greengrin

Hibsandaroo
30-12-2009, 12:55 PM
yep defo off,

Killie v Celtic also off

What's the odds of Makalambay still letting one in at the front post tonight? :offski:

Baldy Foghorn
30-12-2009, 04:54 PM
What's the odds of Makalambay still letting one in at the front post tonight? :offski:

What a hilarious post, brilliant, did you get that out your cracker??:devil:

MichelleHibs
30-12-2009, 06:39 PM
think the decision has been justified now to be honest!! i live virtually across the road from the gorund and the snow still here and very icy in bits that have been cleared! snowing on and off just now as well!!

any ideas when the game will be played?

IWasThere2016
01-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Nae mention of Tayside Contracts here (http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2009/12/31/newsstory14328617t0.asp) :cool2:

Have to say gritting/clearing in Angus been poor too - but we've had a lot less snow than you