PDA

View Full Version : Boyd Wants Back

Brando7
28-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Surprise Surprise Boyd want back in the scotland set-up

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/2786679/Boyd-Count-me-in.html

I'd personally tell him to GTF

Would u?

CallumLaidlaw
28-12-2009, 11:18 PM
as much as it pains me to say it, I would have him in there. He scores goals. Scotland don't. Simples.

Alex Trager
28-12-2009, 11:21 PM
I for one would most certainly tell him to ****** off.He is such a massive **** , scotland should never accept him back

HibbiesandtheBaddies
28-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Of course he's welcome back, he can carry Deeks luggage onto the plane..... :greengrin

Hainan Hibs
28-12-2009, 11:26 PM
I'd have him back in the team.

Saorsa
28-12-2009, 11:32 PM

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/2786679/Boyd-Count-me-in.html

Would u?I'm with you

hibs is life
28-12-2009, 11:35 PM
he is a goal scorer so he should get another chance but if he starts his chucking his toys out the pram then they should tell him 2 bolt

Brando7
28-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Puts Levein into his 1st predicament

If he calls him up will he be thinking well i better play him or he'll go in the huff again

Now he's putting the boot into his fellow pros for faking injury to get out of playing for scotland

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/2786538/A-bunch-of-players-were-desperate-to-walk-out-on-Burley.html

Boyd GFT

hibsdaft
29-12-2009, 12:20 AM
the guy needs to grow up.

steve75
29-12-2009, 12:40 AM
if that article was say about deek (assuming he walked out etc...) we'd all be wishing him back into the squad. He's saying all the right things (how much is true i'll never know) and he deserves another chance, however one more moan n he should never be considered again.

hibiedude
29-12-2009, 07:30 AM
I would welcome Boyd back but not the other 2

Reasons being Boyd fell out with Burley when he became the 5th striker which was a joke so he told him to GTF

the other two muppets stuck there fingers up to the fans now its our turn to give them the finger.

Just my opinion :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
29-12-2009, 07:32 AM
I would welcome Boyd back but not the other 2

Reasons being Boyd fell out with Burley when he became the 5th striker which was a joke so he told him to GTF

the other two muppets stuck there fingers up to the fans now its our turn to give them the finger.

Just my opinion :wink:

I’m the opposite to that. Boyd walked out on his country – McGregor and Ferguson were banned for sticking their fingers up to the media (not the fans as the media would have you believe).

I'd tell Boyd to ram it and let the other 2 back (especially McGregor).

hibiedude
29-12-2009, 07:44 AM
I’m the opposite to that. Boyd walked out on his country – McGregor and Ferguson were banned for sticking their fingers up to the media (not the fans as the media would have you believe).

I'd tell Boyd to ram it and let the other 2 back (especially McGregor).

If the Glasgow based media get there way all 3 will be back.

Danderhall Hibs
29-12-2009, 08:07 AM
If the Glasgow based media get there way all 3 will be back.

:hilarious Did they make Levein say that he'd be willing to select all 3?

Phil D. Rolls
29-12-2009, 08:11 AM
Boyd should never be allowed back. It was pathetic the way he went away in the huff like that - all he did was show that he plays for himself and not the team.

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2009, 08:20 AM
"I wasn't playing at club level and I definitely wasn't playing at international level.

Do you think Boyd is intelligent enough to see whats happening there.:confused:

bighairyfaeleith
29-12-2009, 08:26 AM
levein should pick him for the squad but leave him on the bench for a couple of games to see how he reacts.

The other two should never play for scotland again.

cwilliamson85
29-12-2009, 08:31 AM

Would u?

If it keeps Kenny "Run like a chicken" Miller out the team then YES!

CropleyWasGod
29-12-2009, 09:11 AM
If it keeps Kenny "Run like a chicken" Miller out the team then YES!

TBH, from a purely footballing point of view... after the way they both played on Sunday, I'd have them both starting.

J-C
29-12-2009, 09:18 AM
I don't think Burley came out of all this very well, he seemed to alienate some of the more senior players in the squad.

His tactics at times were a bit bizzarre and Boyd had enough when
desperate for a goal Burley sent on that huddie from Wolves, he then allowed some of the players to stay up and have a drink in the hotel because he was desperate for a drink himself.

Boyd should be welcomed back because his gripe was with Burley himself and not Scotland, remember he did say he would never play for Scotland again while Burley was in charge.

Judas Iscariot
29-12-2009, 09:24 AM
TBH, from a purely footballing point of view... after the way they both played on Sunday, I'd have them both starting.

Only thing is, most International sides don't have the likes of Hogg and Maka as opposition to our strikers..

CropleyWasGod
29-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Only thing is, most International sides don't have the likes of Hogg and Maka as opposition to our strikers..

True :agree:

However, I was actually impressed with Boyd's work-rate. I think someone has had a word.... eg start working hard or you'll never get a move South... or else he's matured a bit. FGS, at one point I saw him back in his own half!

The other point I'd make is that it's often smart to play club partnerships, eg at the centre of defence and up front. I don't think we have anything better.

cwilliamson85
29-12-2009, 09:40 AM
True :agree:

However, I was actually impressed with Boyd's work-rate. I think someone has had a word.... eg start working hard or you'll never get a move South... or else he's matured a bit. FGS, at one point I saw him back in his own half!

The other point I'd make is that it's often smart to play club partnerships, eg at the centre of defence and up front. I don't think we have anything better.

So Caldwell and McManus at CB and Boyd and Miller upfront. :yawn:

Bye bye any chance of qualifying for a tournament.

Westie1875
29-12-2009, 09:51 AM
I'd like to know who the fakers were, whichever cowards faked injury don't deserve a place in the squad.

PeeJay
29-12-2009, 10:00 AM
Surely players such as Boyd or Ferguson and McGregor have forfeited any 'right' to play for Scotland again? If they feel they are above the team and they can withdraw or offer their labour whenever they feel like it then they have an attitude problem that is simply not acceptable for a professional footballer. Part of Scotland's miserable international record is that we have had to put up with players like this! I'm not for having them back. There's enough young lads out there who would love to play for their country: these people had the chance and blew it. We can't get any worse than we have been recently so why bother with them, let's start afresh.:agree:

CropleyWasGod
29-12-2009, 10:00 AM
So Caldwell and McManus at CB and Boyd and Miller upfront. :yawn:

Bye bye any chance of qualifying for a tournament.

No need for the silly wee smilies to try and put down reasoned debate.

I did say "it's often smart.." I didn't say it IS the best.

Jim44
29-12-2009, 10:13 AM
I'd like to know who the fakers were, whichever cowards faked injury don't deserve a place in the squad.

Boyd is raking up the dirt in order to enhance his own chances of getting a welcome back to the Scottish Squad. This in itself makes me want to vomit.......the man's a skunk. However, he'll be back, all forgiven by Levein. He's already said he will be in his squad, "Why wouldn't I want him in my team?" This along with the selection of McGregor and Ferguson will definitely alienate me and I suspect many others from actively supporting Scotland in future. Sure, there will always be a soft spot for Scotland but I think indifference , win or lose, best describes my feelings.

Danderhall Hibs
29-12-2009, 10:20 AM
Surely players such as Boyd or Ferguson and McGregor have forfeited any 'right' to play for Scotland again? If they feel they are above the team and they can withdraw or offer their labour whenever they feel like it then they have an attitude problem that is simply not acceptable for a professional footballer.

I agree with you on Boyd but Ferguson and McGregor didn't withdraw their labour.

PeeJay
29-12-2009, 10:26 AM
I agree with you on Boyd but Ferguson and McGregor didn't withdraw their labour.

Fair point - badly expressed by myself perhaps, but they certainly felt they were above the team so they wouldn't be asked back if I had anything to say about future team selection.

500miles
29-12-2009, 11:02 AM
If Ferguson and McGregor wish to come back, I have no problem with it in principle. I doubt they are good enough to make any relevant contribution. They stuck their fingers up at the media, and to be honest, most non-OF fans would love to do that.

As for Boyd, he stuck his fingers up at the fans when he decided it wasn't worth his time being part of the Scotland squad. He should never play for Scotland again. There are far better players than him who never turned out for Scotland in the past, and would have loved to be in his position.

hibiedude
29-12-2009, 11:04 AM
:hilarious Did they make Levein say that he'd be willing to select all 3?

One of the first quetions Levein was asked by the media was about all 3 said players so he knew what was coming.

So yes I would say that the media had a hand in this

All 3 players were contacted by the media and all 3 players have articles in this morning papers.

McGregor is in the Record and Boyd in the Sun both Glasgow based newspaper and we await Barry's interview

lEXO
29-12-2009, 11:16 AM
He can GTF. Let the guys who dont chuck the dummy out when they dont get their own way keep their places.Remember this guy was on the bench for the huns at the same time, but did he tell them he did,nt want to play for them?Did he donald duck! Walter Smith was quoted at the time saying he,s a bit of an enigma.Is this a posh word for erse?:confused:

lEXO
29-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Boyd is raking up the dirt in order to enhance his own chances of getting a welcome back to the Scottish Squad. This in itself makes me want to vomit.......the man's a skunk. However, he'll be back, all forgiven by Levein. He's already said he will be in his squad, "Why wouldn't I want him in my team?" This along with the selection of McGregor and Ferguson will definitely alienate me and I suspect many others from actively supporting Scotland in future. Sure, there will always be a soft spot for Scotland but I think indifference , win or lose, best describes my feelings.
I go to all Scotland home games and enjoy them.But can see wher your coming from.Some of the squad selections over the last few years have been bizzare, and some players included to the exclusion of good young Scottish BORN players annoys me.Fox, Mcelvey,etc in place of Wallace,Dixon etc dissapoints me.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-12-2009, 11:25 AM
We don't have enough quality players to not pick boys like Boyd. I thought he had a great game against us. If he came back and put away a few goals that took us to the next euros then it would all be forgotten.

.Sean.
29-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Said it before...

Let the big, fat, lazy Hun rot in the international wilderness :agree:

hibsdaft
29-12-2009, 12:10 PM
levein should pick him for the squad but leave him on the bench for a couple of games to see how he reacts.

The other two should never play for scotland again.

:agree::agree:

soupy
29-12-2009, 12:33 PM
If hes goin to improve Scotland then why not, quite simply we need a goalscorer and he fits the bill.

Only my opinion though......

ronaldo7
29-12-2009, 12:50 PM
He can rot in hell for me.

He walked out on his Country and now wants them to take him back. GTF Boyd.

Now that everything in his wee garden is rosy, he would like us all to doff our caps and throw out the welcome carpet for him. No thanks ya arrogant fud.

Malthibby
29-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Don't want him back - took his ba' & ran away. Would Levein have to pick him for every game to make sure he didn't walk out again?
The article doesn't suggest that team-building is something he is bothered about, either, as he tries to drop other players in it to cover his own behaviour.
GTF.

anon1
29-12-2009, 05:21 PM
The most over-rated striker in British football.

monktonharp
29-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Puts Levein into his 1st predicament

If he calls him up will he be thinking well i better play him or he'll go in the huff again

Now he's putting the boot into his fellow pros for faking injury to get out of playing for scotland

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/2786538/A-bunch-of-players-were-desperate-to-walk-out-on-Burley.html

Boyd GFTis it not just Levein,putting himself in the invidious predicament? saying that if he wants any of the "3" to play,he'll pjck them. imho,the SFA should have told him,before he took the job that NONE of them will ever play for the country ever again. but,that's yer sfa for ye. nae baws.

Ed De Gramo
29-12-2009, 10:13 PM

Would u?

Likewise...

Traitor to Scotland :agree:

Kris Boyd - GTF!

basehibby
30-12-2009, 02:22 AM

Would u?

I reckon the new manager should be able to pick whoever he likes - if it works - more power to his arm - if not then he'll get pelters.

his risk - his call I'd say...

If it was me though I would have him in my squad - Scotland is not overflowing with natural goalscorers afterall - fat basturd needs to lose some weight though :bitchy:

Speedy
30-12-2009, 02:36 AM

who?

Septimus
30-12-2009, 06:44 AM
My preference in all this is that Levein is given some space to assess and pick the team he wants without pressure from the media regarding OF players. I could not care less who he picks as long as he brings even a modicom of pride and dignity back to the Scottish team. I have a feeling that he is big enough to do this and until he proves otherwise he has my support.

Long ago I accepted two facts.

1. The best Scottish players tend to end up playing for the OF.

2. Journalists, as a general rule, know absolutely nothing about football.

PeeJay
30-12-2009, 08:22 AM
My preference in all this is that Levein is given some space to assess and pick the team he wants without pressure from the media regarding OF players. I could not care less who he picks as long as he brings even a modicom of pride and dignity back to the Scottish team. I have a feeling that he is big enough to do this and until he proves otherwise he has my support.

Long ago I accepted two facts.

1. The best Scottish players tend to end up playing for the OF.

2. Journalists, as a general rule, know absolutely nothing about football.

You may very well have accepted it BUT that has always been what is wrong with the Scottish national team! It has usually been made up of players from the old firm and NOT the best players: that's why we always fxxx up! You may be right about the journalists though!:greengrin

The Old Brigade
30-12-2009, 04:38 PM
We need our better players all available, there were faults from players, management and SFA in shambles which was 2010 campaign but time now to let bygones be bygones.

Suspect most fans who go to home games would go regardless of who is picked so those saying they will lose interest probably not the committed fans anyway.

sesoim
30-12-2009, 07:33 PM
If Burley had picked Boyd in the first place like he should have, this wouldn't be an issue - and Burley would probably still be in a job. I think alot of us (and most of the players) really started to lose confidence in Burley after the whole Norway-Iwellumo-Boyd situation.

Boyd shouldn't have walked out - he should have made his feelings clear to the press instead. But we can't ignore a guy with his record at international level - most of our strikers can barely average 1 in 4.

As for the other two, we need McGregor as backup. Ferguson is one of the most overrated players ever to play for Scotland but he can do a useful (slow the game down) job when we are playing superior teams. But he should never have been captain in the first place as captains should be the type of player you can't afford to leave out.

Storar
30-12-2009, 07:35 PM
If Burley had picked Boyd in the first place like he should have, this wouldn't be an issue - and Burley would probably still be in a job. I think alot of us (and most of the players) really started to lose confidence in Burley after the whole Norway-Iwellumo-Boyd situation.

Boyd shouldn't have walked out - he should have made his feelings clear to the press instead. But we can't ignore a guy with his record at international level - most of our strikers can barely average 1 in 4.

As for the other two, we need McGregor as backup. Ferguson is one of the most overrated players ever to play for Scotland but he can do a useful (slow the game down) job when we are playing superior teams. But he should never have been captain in the first place as captains should be the type of player you can't afford to leave out.
I agree with you.
I don't like what they did but they are all an improvement on what we have and should be back in the team asap.

Broken Gnome
30-12-2009, 07:44 PM
I'll never forgive Chris Iwelumo for this. How differently things could've panned out if he'd scored....

As for Boyd, we all know he is a **** of the highest order. Now he orchestrates a Weegie PR stunt, drapes himself in a Scotland flag thinking all is ok again, begs not an ounce of forgiveness but does come across as the arrogant fud he is while at the same time belittling his fellow squad members.

He's a disgusting rat.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
30-12-2009, 07:49 PM
The more Boyd scores the less likley it is he'll stay at the huns. I suspect there will be a lot of interest from England and further afield when his hun contract expires in June. Would love it if he walked on a free, I'd become a Boyd fan.

As far as Scotland goes, yes he's badly needed.

hibeesliam94
30-12-2009, 08:24 PM
It'll be hard for Levein to leave him out the squad on current form, hes already scored 4 tonight.

Storar
30-12-2009, 08:25 PM
It'll be hard for Levein to leave him out the squad on current form, hes already scored 4 tonight.

5 now!

Brando7
30-12-2009, 09:17 PM
still tell him to GTF :greengrin

Killiehibbie
30-12-2009, 09:28 PM
If he improves our prospects of winning pick him. I don't like what he done but we're not exactly overrun with goal scorers.

Steve-O
30-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Boyd is a d!ckhead, but we've got to be realistic - Scotland need a natural goalscorer and there are not many of them out there who are scoring 5 in one game at the minute.

Speedy
31-12-2009, 03:47 AM

Sorry to quote you twice but...:greengrin