PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Loan

H18sry
28-12-2009, 04:00 PM
With the EEN http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Keeper-crisis-Hibs-boss-faces.5940979.jp reporting that we have a keeper crisis what are the chances of being allowed to sign a keeper on an emergency loan.

Golden Bear
28-12-2009, 04:05 PM
With the EEN http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Keeper-crisis-Hibs-boss-faces.5940979.jp reporting that we have a keeper crisis what are the chances of being allowed to sign a keeper on an emergency loan.

It will be a bigger emergency if Maka is declared fit to play - in my opinion of course.

:devil:

ArabHibee
28-12-2009, 04:07 PM
I'm sure Makalamby will make a miraculous recovery from his hamstring "injury" to be fit for Wednesday.:whistle:

Landells
It will be a bigger emergency if Maka is declared fit to play - in my opinion of course.

:agree:

H18sry

The SPL already know he is not a goalkeeper so we should be ok on that part :devil:

hibbie02
Why have Flynn on the bench if you don't think he could do the job??? :confused:

hibiedude
28-12-2009, 04:09 PM
when the transfer window opens we should go for the Falkirk Goalie :agree:

Forget Makalamby

Landells
28-12-2009, 04:10 PM
when the transfer window opens we should go for the Falkirk Goalie :agree:

Forget Makalamby

I think we should try get Jamie Langfield IMO

GloryGlory
28-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Short answer - none. We already have players signed who are goalies - e.g. Flynn. That is how the SPL will view things.

And, yes - what is the point of having Flynn on the bench if he is not trusted to take over IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES?

Speedy
28-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Why have Flynn on the bench if you don't think he could do the job??? :confused:

Because he is a better option than not having him on the bench e.g. if Maka was to break his arm then Flynn would obviously be a better option than not having him on the bench and having to put an outfield player in goals.

Wilson
28-12-2009, 04:21 PM

Would rather have Maka. You must be Jamie's agent.

brog
28-12-2009, 04:21 PM
If both keepers are injured I think we would be allowed an emergency loan. You need 2 keepers for every game not one. On a longer term note I would like to see us go for Alexander at Huns. I've always rated him & he wants a move.

HFC 0-7
28-12-2009, 04:28 PM
I thought we could still sign player on loan any time in the season? Just couldnt sign players permanently.

H18sry
28-12-2009, 04:30 PM
I thought we could still sign player on loan any time in the season? Just couldnt sign players permanently.

Only players out of contract, loan signings come under the same rules as the transfer window, but emergency loans are allowed for goalkeepers if your goalkeepers are injured.

Houchy
28-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Because he is a better option than not having him on the bench e.g. if Maka was to break his arm then Flynn would obviously be a better option than not having him on the bench and having to put an outfield player in goals.

Why? Do you think if Maka had a broken arm he'd be any worse than he has been previously:greengrin

cad
28-12-2009, 04:35 PM

No way :bitchy: ,
I would rather stick wi the Big Fella ,
Jamie Langfield :no way:, Landells your kiddin right .

Houchy
28-12-2009, 04:38 PM
If both keepers are injured I think we would be allowed an emergency loan. You need 2 keepers for every game not one. On a longer term note I would like to see us go for Alexander at Huns. I've always rated him & he wants a move.

Out of contract in the summer but surely he'll be snapped up by a championship side.

Can't believe that only a couple of years back, we were close to signing Macgregor when he was understudy to Klos.

On saying that, a few weeks with Marshall and he would have been chucking them in aswell.:agree:

Houchy
28-12-2009, 04:40 PM
I actually thought from the title that this thread was going to be about the yams:greengrin.

H18sry
28-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Out of contract in the summer but surely he'll be snapped up by a championship side.

Can't believe that only a couple of years back, we were close to signing Macgregor when he was understudy to Klos.

On saying that, a few weeks with Marshall and he would have been chucking them in aswell.:agree:

You cant make a silk purse out of a sow's ear :greengrin

brog
28-12-2009, 04:41 PM

You're probably correct but he's already been there & may prefer to remain in Scotland. After Stokes & Miller I can believe anything now though!!

Houchy
28-12-2009, 04:52 PM
You're probably correct but he's already been there & may prefer to remain in Scotland. After Stokes & Miller I can believe anything now though!!

He'd certainly be guaranteed a start EVERY week.

Diclonius
28-12-2009, 05:07 PM
i think we should try get jamie langfield imo

Lol.

Landells
28-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Would rather have Maka. You must be Jamie's agent.

No way :bitchy: ,
I would rather stick wi the Big Fella ,
Jamie Langfield :no way:, Landells your kiddin right .

Lol.

Surely he cant be any worse than maka? :cool2:

ArabHibee
28-12-2009, 05:22 PM

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_138.gif

Landells
28-12-2009, 05:44 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_138.gif

:doh:

Cocaine&Caviar
28-12-2009, 06:00 PM

SPL Rules say you have to have a Keeper on the bench.

Cocaine&Caviar
28-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Dani Mallo who we were linked with in the summer, ex Falkirk Spaniard isnt getting many games in the Spanish second division...

Leithenhibby
28-12-2009, 07:20 PM

Can't help but feel that you are on the sherry...:wink:

Speedy
28-12-2009, 08:50 PM
SPL Rules say you have to have a Keeper on the bench.

:confused:

How can they decide who you consider as a keeper?

Hibernian Verse
28-12-2009, 08:53 PM
:confused:

How can they decide who you consider as a keeper?

IIRC each player is registered as either goalie or outfield.

Speedy
28-12-2009, 09:00 PM
IIRC each player is registered as either goalie or outfield.

Could you not just register everyone as a keeper then or is there a rule stating the number of keepers you can play at a time?

Edit: Just had a look, you must start with a keeper and also have one on the bench. You must also have at least 3 outfield player who are under 21