PDA

View Full Version : Team for McDiarmid Park

Leithenhibby
28-12-2009, 10:22 AM
Now that we have moved on and got the Huns out our system :wink: can we pull off a win up at Perth on wednesday?.

It promises to be a real test of character for us, and thats not just the team I'm talking about :cool2:

I would think that there will be the usual Hibs support and with The Saints winning ways it should prove to be a cracker. KO 7-45.

Can't remember the last time I was at Perth. (possibly the game that got abandoned many moons ago).

I assume that it is pay-at-the-gate?

GGTTH :notworthy:

Hamish
28-12-2009, 11:10 AM
I have said on another thread that this is the most important game so far for Yogi. THis will show if the players are taking on board the message he is trying to get across - which I think is that they have to have a stronger mentality and not allow themselves to be ''bullied' out of games.

A big travelling support would help - with support being the operative word.

johnrebus
28-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Well ?

Not sure on the situation re. injuries at the moment, but I would go for

Stack ( Flynn )
McCormick
Hogg
Hanlon
Wotherspoon
McBride ( Cregg )
Miller
Zemmama
Benjaloun
Stokes
Galbraith

Subs

Riordan
Rankin
Nish
Byrne
Thicot
Stevenson

:dunno:

Malthibby
28-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Is Murray definitely out?

Judas Iscariot
28-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Stack (Flynn)

Wotherspoon
Hogg :rolleyes:
Hanlon
Murray

McBride (Thicot)
Miller
Cregg

Zemamma
Stokes
Riordan

Jim44
28-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Well ?

Stack ( Flynn )
McCormick
Hogg
Hanlon
Wotherspoon
McBride ( Cregg )
Miller
Zemmama
Benjaloun
Stokes
Galbraith

Subs

Riordan
Rankin
Nish
Byrne
Thicot
Stevenson

:agree: I'd settle for that.

gstarbry1875
28-12-2009, 12:53 PM
GK - Flynn (Stack is 50/50 to make the Hearts game so this game comes to soon)

LB - Stevenson
CB - Hogg
CB - Murray (if he makes it back from the flu)
RB - Wotherspoon

LM - Galbraith
CM - Miller
CM - Rankin
RM - Zemmama

ST - Stokes
ST - Riordan

subs:

Maka
McCormack
Hanlon
Cregg
Benji
Nish
Byrne

Wotherspiniesta
28-12-2009, 01:03 PM
........................Stack.....................

McCormack.....Hogg...Hanlon......Murray

..................Miller..McBride:pray:...........

Wotherspoon.....Zemamma.....Galbraith

.......................Stokes....................

Bench: Flynn, Thicot, Rankin, Cregg, Nish, Riordan, Benji.

Riordan needs a break. Keep him on the bench and use him if we need to. Hopefully he will be rejuvenated for the visit of Hearts. I'd also give Benji a run out in the 2nd half. He looked lively when he came on yesterday. Wotherspoon and Galbraith will give us natural width and good protection for the full backs. Hogg had a nightmare against Rangers IMO, it mostly went unnoticed because they weren't glaring errors, but his positional sense was terrible and will need to be a lot tighter in this game. McBride being fit would be a massive boost as Rankin is just not up to that job. Maybe there's not many goals in that team, but with 2 games in 4 days we will need to freshen things up and a bench of Benji, Nish and Riordan is always a good option to have.

Hibby Kay-Yay
28-12-2009, 01:05 PM
[QUOTE=Wotherspiniesta;2288146]........................Stack.....................

McCormack.....Hogg...Hanlon......Murray

..................Miller..McBride:pray:...........

Wotherspoon.....Zemamma.....Riordan

.......................Stokes....................

Bench: Flynn, Thicot, Rankin, Cregg, Nish, Galbraith, Benji.

Slight change from me

spudhib
28-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Solid 442 for me

Stack

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Murray
Hanlon

Zemmama
Mcbride
Miller
Rankin

Stokes
Benji

hibee-shtuggie
28-12-2009, 01:41 PM
........................stack..................

mccormack hogg murray stevenson

wotherspoon miller mcbride

..........................zouma...................

.............stokes................riordan

HibbyKeith
28-12-2009, 02:09 PM
I assume that it is pay-at-the-gate?

Yes, pay at the gate for travelling support.

Kick Off 7:45pm

£20.00 Adult
£10.00 Concessions (over 65's under 16's)

taken from official site.

GreenCastle
28-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Looking forward to the game - hopefully get the huns result out our system :grr:

I will be going and hopefully a good Hibs support - even after yesterday as it will be a tough game.

We have behind both goals ?

What about parking also ?

Team that I think Yogi will play....

Maka (Stack not fit / Does he rate Flynn ? Personally I would play Flynn if any decent?)

Wotherspoon
McCormack
Hogg
Hanlon

Murray plays if fit :agree:

Zemmama
Miller
Rankin (Poor yesterday / McBride if fit ?)
Galbraith ( Rest Riordan -Illness ?)

Stokes
Nish (Played poor yesterday but recently had been doing ok. Would be happy if he started Benji or Bryne.)

Lots of if's and buts with players so will be interesting to see what he picks :agree:

Hibs90
28-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Just go for it. 4-3-3. All out attacking.

Stack (Maka)

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Thicot
Murray (Hanlon)

Miller
Zemmama
Rankin

Benji
Stokes
Riordan

hibeeleicester
28-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Flyynn Has been praised for his performances in the bounce games:agree:

Was outstanding against newcastle apparently :agree:

hibee-shtuggie
28-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Just go for it. 4-3-3. All out attacking.

Stack (Maka)

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Thicot
Murray (Hanlon)

Miller
Zemmama
Rankin

Benji
Stokes
Riordan

i really dont see wotherspoon as a RB. id like him in midfield...i think hes a danger going forward... bring back DVZ i say...haha just joking. i reckon mcormack in for spoony and i wouldnt play thicot if murray is fit.

danhibees1875
28-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Stack
Wotherspoon...Hogg...McCormack...Murray
Miller....McBride
Zemmama......................Riordan
Nish
Stokes

As similar to the regular team as possible. :agree:

500miles
28-12-2009, 04:06 PM
While Yogi was quite right to keep Flynn out of the limelight agaist Rangers, this is the sort of game the youngster will need to get comfortable with first, if he is ever to make the breakthrough.

Rankin will keep his place, I don't think that, especially when you consider how poorly those around him played, he done anything to merit being dropped, and was one of the players who refused to give in. That shot he took from just over the halfway line would have got a much better reaction from the fans if it had came just after going 1-0 up, so I don't think that he can be critcised for that. He's playing well at the moment. Unless McBride is fit and bursting to go, Rankin keeps his place. However, I think we missed McBrides style of play on Sunday.

I would keep Nish in too. He isn't scoring, and he struggled against rangers, but I think his taking up of that role in front of midfield has given Stokes the space needed to start scoring regularly. He played well for the first twenty minutes, but was crowded out after.

Riordan gets another chance. I think we've seen some great displays from him at left midfield recently, which disproves the idea that he is "wasted" there, and that is where he is, potentially, at his best. Noticed a couple of good tackles early doors against Rangers actually, and I'm almost certain he won a header. I would like to see Thicot brought in at CH, to try and maintain some physicality there.

................Flynn
W'spoon.Hogg.Thicot.Murray
............Miller..Rankin
..Zemamma.Nish.Riordan
..............Stokes

hibiedude
28-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Well ?

Stack ( Flynn )
McCormick
Hogg
Hanlon
Wotherspoon
McBride ( Cregg )
Miller
Zemmama
Benjaloun
Stokes
Galbraith

Subs

Riordan
Rankin
Nish
Byrne
Thicot
Stevenson

you drop R01rdan and Nish but keep Liam Miller I would drop all 3 to honest

Septimus
28-12-2009, 04:32 PM
A good game to blood Flynn.

Hibs Spain
28-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Flyynn Has been praised for his performances in the bounce games:agree:

Was outstanding against newcastle apparently :agree:

Maka was outstanding in a first team SPL game at Aberdeen apparently.
Someone said he got MOM.:agree:

Sir David Gray
28-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Assuming everyone is fit and available (with the obvious exception of Bamba), I would go with;

Stack

Murray
Hanlon
Hogg
Wotherspoon

McBride
Miller
Zemmama
Galbraith

Stokes
Benjelloun

SUBS

Makalambay
Thicot
Stevenson
Rankin
Cregg
Riordan
Nish

After yesterday's shambles, I think it's only fair on the fringe players that some changes are made. I don't think Makalambay should be in goal, although I would be hesitant about playing Flynn, if Stack is back then he must play.

I know Riordan can usually create something from nothing but he was totally anonymous yesterday and he was poor at Pittodrie as well so I would drop him for Wednesday and bring him on if we need a goal.

Nish would perhaps be a bit unlucky to be dropped as I think he's been OK, without be really good or really bad. However, I would like to give Benji his chance.

I would also give Galbraith a chance to show what he can do from the start of a game.

Obviously with Bamba now being out for possibly the next six games, we need to come up with a replacement. I think it would be best to try Hanlon at centre half and keep Murray at left back.

Diclonius
28-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Flynn

Wotherspoon Hogg Thicot Murray

Zemmamma Rankin Miller

Benji Nish

Stokes

shagpile
28-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Looking forward to the game - hopefully get the huns result out our system :grr:

I will be going and hopefully a good Hibs support - even after yesterday as it will be a tough game.

We have behind both goals ?

What about parking also ?

Team that I think Yogi will play....

Maka (Stack not fit / Does he rate Flynn ? Personally I would play Flynn if any decent?)

Wotherspoon
McCormack
Hogg
Hanlon

Murray plays if fit :agree:

Zemmama
Miller
Rankin (Poor yesterday / McBride if fit ?)
Galbraith ( Rest Riordan -Illness ?)

Stokes
Nish (Played poor yesterday but recently had been doing ok. Would be happy if he started Benji or Bryne.)

Lots of if's and buts with players so will be interesting to see what he picks :agree:

You are having a laugh?:blah:

Rankin played about as well as anyone bar Bamba & Riordan hasn't kicked an arse for about 5 games.

fife hfc
28-12-2009, 06:01 PM
I'd go for three centre halfs depending on Murray.

.............................Stack................ ................
McCormack....Hogg....Murray........Hanlon....Steve nson
.........Wotherspoon........Miller..............Cr egg......................
...............................Zemmama............ ..................
..................................Stokes.......... .......................

If Murray and Stack are not fit then Flynn in goals (because maka is a *****e bag and proved it yesterday). Then a solid 4-4-2 due to the personel available

..............................Flynn............... ..............
McCormack...........hogg......hanlon......Stevenso n
wotherspoon.........Miller......Cregg.......Galbra ith
.............................Zemmama.............. .........
...............................Stokes............. ............

EasterRoad4Ever
28-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Would be surprised if Yogi changes much. 1st defeat in 13 matches doesn't suggest there is much wrong with the set up so expect only necessary changes will be made.

GreenCastle
28-12-2009, 06:27 PM
You are having a laugh?:blah:

Rankin played about as well as anyone bar Bamba & Riordan hasn't kicked an arse for about 5 games.

Well Rankin I thought didn't have a good game - didn't show for the ball enough and do enough overall. Ideally once McBride is fit he would slot in and protect the back four more.

Regarding Riordan - I think he was poor yesterday for various reasons on the discussed on the other thread - I know he's been carrying an injury for a few weeks also. But I think in the last several games it's the best he has played. Tracking back and working hard against teams like Motherwell.

el capitano
28-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Would be surprised if Yogi changes much. 1st defeat in 13 matches doesn't suggest there is much wrong with the set up so expect only necessary changes will be made.

i agree.
if there was changes it wouldnt be in the formation. the system works so its up the players to fit into it

007 Mickey Weir
28-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Well Rankin I thought didn't have a good game - didn't show for the ball enough and do enough overall. Ideally once McBride is fit he would slot in and protect the back four more.

Regarding Riordan - I think he was poor yesterday for various reasons on the discussed on the other thread - I know he's been carrying an injury for a few weeks also. But I think in the last several games it's the best he has played. Tracking back and working hard against teams like Motherwell.

I agree, no need to panic and make wholesale changes. Stack or Flynn in goal. Murray or Hanlon in at CB. With either Hanlon or Stevenson at LB. Give Riordan a rest and bring in Galbraith. Save McBride until Saturday. Thats about all I say!

Stack(Flynn)

Wotherspoon Hogg Murray Hanlon

Zemamama Rankin Miller Galbraith

Nish

Stokes

We need a big VOCAL support there to cheer our team on.

:notworthy:

rainman
28-12-2009, 07:10 PM
If McBride is over his injury I'd like to see him get some game time under his belt before the derby.

Rankin into Riordan's position to make way for McBride would do me.

MyJo
28-12-2009, 07:14 PM
_______________Stack

McCormack___Hogg___Hanlon___Murray

___________Rankin____Miller

Wotherspoon____Zouma_____Riordan

_______________Stokes

subs: Maka, Stevenson, Thicot, Welsh, Galbraith, Nish, Benji

IWasThere2016
28-12-2009, 07:28 PM
..................... Stack

Spoon ..... Hogg ...... Murray ..... Hanlon

.............. Miller ....... Rankin

Zooma ............ Benji ............... Deeks

..................... Stokes

down-the-slope
28-12-2009, 07:29 PM
If Maka is not fit then Flynn will have to play unless we get SPL dispensation.

Stack will not make it as he keeps breaking down in training.

Personall Its a shame but players who are being blooded will do better doing so away from home where the Supporters...well Support...and the pressure from the moaning boo boys is less.

So from that point I would get Flynn in. Watched him many times for U19's and is very comanding for his size, and a great shot stopper...has good distrabution from hand and foot.

McCormack should also play as he has the strength we need and also releases Spoony to affect the game further forward...