PDA

View Full Version : Don't panic! (merged)

camthebam
27-12-2009, 01:09 PM
I hate the huns, in fact despise them even more than Hearts.

But that's our unbeaten run ended and it had to happen eventually. Now we're free for the 3rd? Yogi's first ER derby as manager?

In negatives I'm seeing positives.

James70
27-12-2009, 01:10 PM
At least we're not losing our unbeaten run against the yams, now that would have been unbearable.

Bostonhibby
27-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Aye, thank god for that drubbing from the Huns and the wee bonus of some dodgy keeping as well...........:wink:

stubru59
27-12-2009, 01:22 PM
The run, while it lasted, has been a bit hit and miss. Results have not always reflected performances.

Today, we fell on our arse and it showed. Too many players looked like they came to watch rather than play.

Dissapointed with the performance more than anything. We got out the game what we put in - sweet FA.

Back to the drawing board!

Thecat23
27-12-2009, 01:26 PM
After todays defeat which was a sore one, lets not forget we did go 12 games unbeaten in the league and it all started back when we played St. Johnstone. So lets hope we can re-group and get back on track with a win on Tuesday.

It's not all doom and gloom, we will have results like todays in a season but it's about how we respond in the next game so lets get right behind the boys again. :notworthy:

gillythehibby
27-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Thing is Rangers are the form team right now and are flying, but Hertz are p i sh. If we play as we did for the first 20 minutes, then we will win. End of.

lucky
27-12-2009, 01:40 PM
If we play like the last 70 mins against them we could lose. With Murray, Mcbride and Stack we should get better but the lose of Bamba will be massive

heretoday
27-12-2009, 01:59 PM
It's only half way through the season. I wouldn't write Hibs off yet. It was certainly men v boys today but that's the best Rangers have played this year and they scored with every chance they got.

It's the same in England. Half way gone and already Liverpool are being written off.

Long way to go.

Hibernian Verse
27-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Takes pressure off us I think. And Maka's mistake(s) means Stack in goals now hopefully so a good day's work - cheers huns :greengrin

hibee_girl
27-12-2009, 02:20 PM
Takes pressure off us I think. And Maka's mistake(s) means Stack in goals now hopefully so a good day's work - cheers huns :greengrin

:rolleyes:

If Stack had been fit then he would have played today considering Maka was carrying an injury on his hamstring.

King Paddy
27-12-2009, 02:33 PM
On today's performance i am not optimistic about our next two games?.

allmodcons
27-12-2009, 03:47 PM
In the words of Roy Keane we need to 'get over it' and move on!

The 4th goal today was always going to be very important and, for me, killed the game. Defending from 'front to back' was very poor at times today and, whilst I thought Maka was at fault for Novo's goal, there was a fair slice of luck in that Novo's 'strike' was definitely not intended to hit the target.

That said, it's important that the blame game stops asap and we move on!

We've another 2 big games coming up in quick succession and Yogi has to make sure everyone's focused for these 2 fixtures.

We are where we are because of a good team spirit. I do hope that the players don't take the same view as some of the posters on here or we really will be in trouble over the festive period!!

Right now, we should be licking our wounds and making sure that what went wrong today doesn't happen again. Good sides are at their most dangerous after a bad defeat.

The next 2 games will tell us quite a lot about our team spirit.

Mark_K
27-12-2009, 03:52 PM
very well said but i think the scoreline today was flattering for rangers and we dominated most of the match, like usually we went up 1 nil early doors and instead of pushing to get a 2nd and 3rd to kill the game we let rangers get back into the game

Judas Iscariot
27-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Keep the high balls low..

It's a game of 2 halves..

Use the flanks..

The lad did good..

greenlex
27-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Pages 6, 15 and 24 of the "Football Manager's Cliche's" book?

Not ready to get over the defeat yet.
Cliches or not we better get up for it on Wednesday or the Derby will become all the harder if that is actually possible.

greenlex
27-12-2009, 03:54 PM
very well said but i think the scoreline today was flattering for rangers and we dominated most of the match, like usually we went up 1 nil early doors and instead of pushing to get a 2nd and 3rd to kill the game we let rangers get back into the game
After their first goal at no point did we dominate the match. They were/are better than us. Wake up.

allmodcons
27-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Pages 6, 15 and 24 of the "Football Manager's Cliche's" book?

Not ready to get over the defeat yet.

Why the * do you think I quoted Roy Keane!!

Of course it's cliches but, if our players start playing the blame game
like a number of posters on here we'll be well and truly ****ed.

Greenblood70
27-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Firstly, I'm as disappointed as anyone on here tonight but lets not lose sight of where we were last season to this. Yogi, the players etc have been magnificent this season so far and the odd bad result is sure to surface during the rebuilding period from Mixu's, sadly, catastrophic reign.

Yogi has had one window (and another shortly to come) and in all honesty I don't think anyone could have asked anything more of him.

Today didn't teach anyone most other than the most green tinted fans anything they didn't know already, ie we have some superb performers (allbeit rarely at once), we have some very average performers and some who in all honesty are accidents waiting to happen.

We largely shot ourselves in the foot today, We gifted those mutant orange *******s at least 3 goals. It was almost as if all our defensive mistakes in a season manifested themsleves in one game.

I'm confident that we have the guts to bounce back, there is no way on this earth that shower of ***** from the slums is good enough to beat us...no ****ing danger!!

**** the Hertz and GGTTH

GreenCastle
27-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Fully support Yogi - :top marks

Compared to where we were this time last last year.

He has been there 6 months and looking forward to see what he adds in the transfer window.

In the meantime we have to stop the moaning and get ourselves up for a tricky trip on Wednesday to play an inform St Johnstone team.

Then we have the 3rd to look forward to.....

hibeesjoe
27-12-2009, 07:14 PM
One crap result in 13 matches. Its not the end of the world and folk cannae be to disappointed overall. Just need to bounce back for the Jambos coming.

brydekirk
27-12-2009, 07:22 PM
One crap result in 13 matches. Its not the end of the world and folk cannae be to disappointed overall. Just need to bounce back for the Jambos coming.

what about st j. during the the week. is that not a big game, 3 points.

hibeesjoe
27-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Keep forgetting thats the next game. every game is important. Derby is the biggest one though.

Greenblood70
27-12-2009, 07:26 PM
what about st j. during the the week. is that not a big game, 3 points.

Very good point mate, my original point still stands tho' I think we'll bounce back and start reacking up another unbeaten run.

Delboy*
27-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Lets take stock guys, this knee jerk reaction every time is sooo boring.

Ok gutted with the outcome but for the first half hour i thought we were superb. I know thats not enough tho.

We are third in the league and have been doing far better than most of us expected and we have some real quality in the squad.
Im not sure exactly what went on today with Maka but i did notice the young keeper flynn waving to the coach during their half-time warm up as if to say he couldnt continue and they both disapeared up the tunnel. could be why he wasnt brought on:confused:
Riordan was pretty much un-seen and played his part in conceeding the 2nd goal, but hey, I still want him in my team every week. he's been performing well of late, he's had a poor one today and was subbed off. it happens.

Boy sitting next to me was going mental at Zouma for not releasing stokes down the right and saying that he just plays for himself...the wee man had just created the goal for stokes 10 mins earlier!

I just find too many are far too quick to jump on our players. even the best teams in the world get beat!

We werent good enough today and made some poor mistakes that lost us soft goals.
The best thing is that we will be hurting from this one and have the ****bos at Easter road next week. This result has been a good reality check, just at the right time!

zlatan
27-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Jobby

erskine-hibby
27-12-2009, 08:24 PM
We were pish poor today and should have done a lot better...no knee jerk reaction there.

Delboy*
27-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Jobby
:spammy:

Fantic
27-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Jobby

sums you up

Delboy*
27-12-2009, 08:27 PM
We were pish poor today and should have done a lot better...no knee jerk reaction there.

well done :wink:

steakbake
27-12-2009, 08:28 PM
To be honest, I think the reaction on here is not half of what I was expecting. I was anticipating half of us to be dangling by our scarves from the nearest lamposts and those who remain telling Petrie to get it sorted.

I think the crucial thing is how Hibs respond. Any team can lose a match like that - Rangers, to give them credit, were given some late Christmas presents by us today and a team like them will accept them any day of the week.

I'm hoping the team will respond against St Johnstone midweek and then perhaps get stuck in to the Jambos on the 3rd and try to regain some of the momentum. If we get to the end of the season having lost only a handful of games at very most, we'll be there or thereabouts in the top 3. 2nd place is up for Celtic to concede. Unfortunately, I do think that the Huns will win the league this year if they keep this form going.

The defeat is disappointing, but that is only the beginning of this particular part of the season. See what happens in the next couple of weeks.

andyhibs
27-12-2009, 08:30 PM
yeh we were poor today, i think ian murray was a big miss today, we needed big players today, sadly to many stood up to be counted , and didntn

Delboy*
27-12-2009, 08:30 PM
To be honest, I think the reaction on here is not half of what I was expecting. I was anticipating half of us to be dangling by our scarves from the nearest lamposts and those who remain telling Petrie to get it sorted.

I think the crucial thing is how Hibs respond. Any team can lose a match like that - Rangers, to give them credit, were given some late Christmas presents by us today and a team like them will accept them any day of the week.

I'm hoping the team will respond against St Johnstone midweek and then perhaps get stuck in to the Jambos on the 3rd and try to regain some of the momentum. If we get to the end of the season having lost only a handful of games at very most, we'll be there or thereabouts in the top 3. 2nd place is up for Celtic to concede. Unfortunately, I do think that the Huns will win the league this year if they keep this form going.

The defeat is disappointing, but that is only the beginning of this particular part of the season. See what happens in the next couple of weeks.

:top marks

n thanx for reminding me about the mid-week game!

Delboy*
27-12-2009, 08:33 PM
yeh we were poor today, i think ian murray was a big miss today, we needed big players today, sadly to many stood up to be counted , and didntn

I think i know what u r saying there, but still dont quite get it!!??:wink:

7Hero
27-12-2009, 08:35 PM
ill take it on the chin ive been a hibee a long time, i agree with original ost.

need to beatthe ***** temas in this leagus... starting whith st J and the ****....

hibs0666
27-12-2009, 08:38 PM
We were beaten by a better team - that's life.

We move on to Perth on Wednesday to try and rack up the points needed to finish third. The quicker we get back on track the better.

500miles
27-12-2009, 08:47 PM
We were too eager to get forward when we were one ahead. We should have taken the gift of an early lead, and used it to frustrate the huns. Too often we looked for a pass forward, when we should have been using men in less advanced positions to take the bite out of the game, and make Rangers stretch and pull themselves out of shape. We ended up stretching ourselves, and Rangers have plenty of pace in attack to take advantage.

It's a learning curve. Not many of the players out there have been in this sort of position before, and neither has the manager. We wanted to demsonstrate superiority in a brutal fashion, when we should have been much more considered in our approach. The problem is the players, and perhaps even the manager, didn't pick up on this. The blame lies at Yogi's door, because the whole team fell into the trap of being too eager. However, now isn't a time for pointing fingers.

I'm sure we'll take these lessons and use them to make us stronger over the course of the season. We still have to play the Huns twice, so theres no reason why we can't make up ground on them. The end of a 12 game undefeated run doesn't deserve punishment and fury, it should result in contemplation and study.

We could be defeatist and say this is a hammerblow to our end of season asperations, but I don't think it is.

sahib
27-12-2009, 08:53 PM
The bubble is burst. I view every game now with trepidation. I may be forced to go to Perth to keep an eye on things myself. I thought we would get beat by Rangers but the manner of it was worrying. Everything that could go wrong went wrong.

hibs0666
27-12-2009, 08:59 PM
The bubble is burst. I view every game now with trepidation. I may be forced to go to Perth to keep an eye on things myself. I thought we would get beat by Rangers but the manner of it was worrying. Everything that could go wrong went wrong.

Lost your bottle after a hun defeat? Deary me. :confused:

I hope and expect the Hibees to prove you wrong in the coming weeks. :thumbsup:

David@EasterRoad
27-12-2009, 09:00 PM
We played well at the start and had them chasing shadows. We lost some sloppy goals and the heads went down.

6 points from our next two and we'll all be happy again.

Speedway
27-12-2009, 09:01 PM

Hibs lost their bottle nevermind that bloke.

We need to grab some big picture thinking and realise that the reason we lost today was the white socks. We've never done well v. Rangers in white socks and there was no need to change today so burn whoever was responsible.

hibs0666
27-12-2009, 09:09 PM

That's the bottom line for me - we didn't (players or supporters) believe that we could go on and win the game despite the magic start.

You know it, Hughes knows it and I expect one or two bottlers to be out the door during the January window.

sahib
27-12-2009, 09:11 PM

Don't worry about me mate, save your concerns for the team.

Houchy
27-12-2009, 09:44 PM
We played well at the start and had them chasing shadows. We lost some sloppy goals and the heads went down.

6 points from our next two and we'll all be happy again.

:agree:

I think before todays game, most of us would have taken 7 points from our 3 games. IF we beat St Johnstone then the hahahearts, we're only 1 point off where we were aiming for.

Rankers were poor but we made them look good.

It's still far from over!!!

'MON ON THE HIBS!!!:notworthy:

Liberal Hibby
27-12-2009, 09:50 PM

I think before todays game, most of us would have taken 7 points from our 3 games.

Frankly I'll take two from the next two.

oldbiker
27-12-2009, 10:43 PM
At the start of the season if I had been offered a clear third at Christmas, playing decent fitba, with a cracking disciplinary record and a manager who inspires confidence and belief I would have been smiling.

Yes today was horrible really horrible:grr:

But lets pick it up its only three points and a derby to come and the jumbos are cr*p

YetholmHibee
28-12-2009, 02:23 AM

We need to grab some big picture thinking and realise that the reason we lost today was the white socks. We've never done well v. Rangers in white socks and there was no need to change today so burn whoever was responsible.

Heard it all now!!!!

White socks cost us the game.

We lost today because we were rubbish - riordan should of been hooked after 20 mins.

Hibs were beaten by the better team.

Forza Fred
28-12-2009, 05:14 AM
Heard it all now!!!!

White socks cost us the game - get a life ya non-intelligent person.

We lost today because we were rubbish - riordan should of been hooked after 20 mins.

Erm, do you think he emight have been tongue in cheek?

Personally, I think we lost due to an absence of silly hats on the bench.

Beefster
28-12-2009, 05:27 AM
Heard it all now!!!!

White socks cost us the game - get a life ya non-intelligent person.

Epic fail.

ALF TUPPER
28-12-2009, 05:47 AM
I'm still a happy Hibby. :agree:

Disappointed in the score against les Huns . We actually made them look good at times. However, am confident our management team will have the players heads up for St J game. The Jambo game will pretty much take care of itself.

I think we will beat the Saints and Johnny Jambo. Then we can look forward to Irvine Meadow calling in t' Scottish Cup .

Still playing some good stuff and still 3rd in the league.
As Yogi said post match yesterday.......... "it might have been the best thing to happen to us".

3rd in the league at Christmas with the Infirm playing each other next week? . Lots of points to be dropped by them. ........... that'll do for me.

Glory Glory :notworthy:

legends of 73
28-12-2009, 06:03 AM
we lost it yesterday cos our manager insisted on playing a system that was going to get ripped for arsepaper by a team that can get their full backs forward and cos us damage.
a staright 442 would have solved it and would have meant we'd have match them up the space rangers got was un-believible as no one was tracking back and covering the full backs

hopefully it's a minor blip and we get back on track on wednesday

hibiedude
28-12-2009, 07:31 AM
We were beaten by a better team - that's life.

We move on to Perth on Wednesday to try and rack up the points needed to finish third. The quicker we get back on track the better.

This game has come at the right time after our humping from the huns- we can get back on track with a win on wednesday but it isnt going to easy.

cad
28-12-2009, 07:36 AM
We were doing well, then the Miller pass that they scored from it was downhill all the way after that.
TBH I expected more from Hibs .
I thought Rangers tucked us away with ease yesterday in the end , and 4 was a result .
I'm glad the Jan sales are coming up Yogi can bolster the squad ,the biggest thing for me was the hammering our fullbacks had to go through , we missed Ian Murray big time , and Mc Bride being out for so long is another huge factor
the amount of misplaced passes was staggering yesterday .
Anyway 6 months into the job Yogi has us at 3rd in the league ,I don't think that's to bad from what we were watching last year its a vast improvement in fact .
There is one thing that does bother me and it has for a while now, if you can drop your captain for poor displays and taking his place for granted , which I thought was the correct decision ,come our next game up in Perth will we see some new faces starting and some egos sitting on the bench ,you must admit ,3 or 4 players after yesterdays performance , that there display and efforts should be rewarded with a seat on the bench, if you can drop Hogg you can drop anyone Yogi its only fare

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2009, 07:44 AM
Yogi must go.

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2009, 07:54 AM
This set of players have given us our best start in years, with a couple of additions, and murray back i'm sure it will carry on. Stack back in goals, maybe a new right back and a centre half, and we will be fine. We are capable of going on another unbeaten run. Keep the faith.:thumbsup:

legends of 73
28-12-2009, 07:54 AM
Yogi must go.:faf::faf::faf::faf:

scott7_0(Prague)
28-12-2009, 07:58 AM
Yup, fully agree and I am not sure what all the moaners, knee jerkers, fickle supporters are going on about, yeah we got beat, but by a better team, yeah some players did not turn up. But let's wait and see the reaction in the next game before spouting too much pesh.

brythehibby
28-12-2009, 07:59 AM
After all the push I've read I'm glad a few posters are still seeing the positives. I remember a similar reaction after a game at Hamilton not so long ago, look what happened after that! We're in a great position just now regardless of yesterdays result. As BH said, keep the faith! GG

The Voice Of Reason
28-12-2009, 08:12 AM
To be honest I haven't read as much pash on the board as I thought I would. Rangers are a better team than us - they should be, given the wages they pay. That is not defeatist, just realistic.

Here are my thoughts on what is required (and I am not panicking!) :wink:

1. New Goalie required as competition to Stack - Stevie Wonder could see that is needed

2. Centre half to replace Sol in his absence

3. Another couple of new additions to bolster the squad

So, havng just read what I have typed, I am pretty much agreeing with Blackpool Hibs ! Suppose I could have saved myself some time and inserted the "agree" smiley ! :agree:

Simkin911
28-12-2009, 08:27 AM
The result was terribly disappointing. The problem is that, whilst the performance was generally poor, the weak areas were exposed again.

I'm not getting carried away when I say our weak areas are well known. Keeper, centre half, a leader and some height esp up front to provide options. I think most of the disappointment is because the result yesterday only reinforced what we already know.

The leader could be the key itself - someone that is capable of holding the team together on the pitch and providing inspiration. Hogg doesn't provide that aspect - he's performed reasonably well as CH recently - but isn't the answer as captain.

hibbie02
28-12-2009, 08:38 AM
We still need a proper Right Back, as proved yesterday. I have high hopes for Spoony in future as a midfielder, not as a makeshift FB.

matty_f
28-12-2009, 08:43 AM
This set of players have given us our best start in years, with a couple of additions, and murray back i'm sure it will carry on. Stack back in goals, maybe a new right back and a centre half, and we will be fine. We are capable of going on another unbeaten run. Keep the faith.:thumbsup:

Spot on. First defeat in ages and folk are wanting rid of this player and that player, it's a bit OTT.

Yesterday was a sore one to take but this group of players are good enough to bounce back. We were going to lose eventually, it's a shame it happened the way it did, but it's gone now and we've a match on Wednesday night that gives us the chance to put things right.

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2009, 08:46 AM
The result was terribly disappointing. The problem is that, whilst the performance was generally poor, the weak areas were exposed again.

I'm not getting carried away when I say our weak areas are well known. Keeper, centre half, a leader and some height esp up front to provide options. I think most of the disappointment is because the result yesterday only reinforced what we already know.

The leader could be the key itself - someone that is capable of holding the team together on the pitch and providing inspiration. Hogg doesn't provide that aspect - he's performed reasonably well as CH recently - but isn't the answer as captain.

We still need a proper Right Back, as proved yesterday. I have high hopes for Spoony in future as a midfielder, not as a makeshift FB.

We are still very much work in process, yet the new man has only been in the job 5 minutes, and we are doing so much better than under Mixu. We all know we have faults, but FFS look how far we have come in such a short space of time. Yogi knows where we need to strengthen, but he cant do it in one transfer window. The future is looking very good, i mean look how distraught we are now, after a defeat against the champions, a defeat that leaves us 7 points off the top of the league. We'd have killed for this last season.:top marks

Dashing Bob S
28-12-2009, 08:49 AM
You say now is not the time to panic, but I just woke up next to your Hun girlfriend and quite frankly, I beg to differ.

hibbie02
28-12-2009, 08:51 AM
As someone said yesterday, I am pleased we have got rid of that unbeaten run tag now as it was beginning to get worrying with the Yams coming up. Now we have a game on Wed to sort things out and then the Maroon Mongs at home.

Yesterday was a poor performance, but we have had a few of those and come away with points. You don't get that luxury against der Hun.

Novo ran riot against Spoony whose confidence was shot to ****** by HT and he couldn't even pass the ball by then. Rankin still thinks he can score from 40 yards every time he get the ball but is mince. Nish was ..... I could go on.

However Stokes was up for it, so was wee Zouma and Sol Man. Hoggy tried hard too. So there are 4 positives. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2009, 08:52 AM
You say now is not the time to panic, but I just woke up next to your Hun girlfriend and quite frankly, I beg to differ.

Bob, you disappoint me. I never get any sleep when in bed with that little minx.:confused:

Simkin911
28-12-2009, 08:52 AM
OMG - I'm just about to have my breakfast. :jamboak:

Dashing Bob S
28-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Bob, you disappoint me. I never get any sleep when in bed with that little minx.:confused:

All I can say in my defense is that I was tired, emotional and had a terrible headache. It was all due to those Hun goals. I left her with the immortal words "you're the architect of your own demise, darling."

Greenblood70
28-12-2009, 08:58 AM

:agree:Said pretty much the same thing oon another thread.

We're moving in the right direction, blooding talented young players, and looking to strengthen in the right areas. I'm still optimistic about the rest of the season and the ones to come.

Yesterday was a blip, we gifted Rangers 3 of their goals at least..mistakes we'd managed to eradicate from our play so far this season. It will be a long time before we are so generous again imo...Yogi will see to that. I'm sure it told him volumes about some of the players who he feels may not be up to the task of maintaining the high standards that are being set.

In Yogi we trust!

PeeJay
28-12-2009, 09:02 AM

Spot on! Considering where we were last year, we have no reason to be disappointed with our performance as a team this year - even if Sunday's defeat is not what we had hoped for! Gutted yesterday, but hoping we'll do St Johnstone on Wednesday and then the Hearts next week - once they're out of the way, yesterday will be forgotten.
It's all going to be about where we are at the end of the season, we've still every reason to be hopeful of a European place and that is a huge step up for us.:flag:

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2009, 09:05 AM
All I can say in my defense is that I was tired, emotional and had a terrible headache. It was all due to those Hun goals. I left her with the immortal words "you're the architect of your own demise, darling."

:faf::faf: :top marks To be fair, she was not that good at first in the bedroom stakes,but after i brought Gordon Marshall in, hey presto within a few weeks, the earth was moving like a force 9 hurricane every time. I think i may have seen the last of her Bob, now you have shown her the good life. I. suppose it was good while it lasted.

Dashing Bob S
28-12-2009, 09:10 AM
:faf::faf: :top marks To be fair, she was not that good at first in the bedroom stakes,but after i brought Gordon Marshall in, hey presto within a few weeks, the earth was moving like a force 9 hurricane every time. I think i may have seen the last of her Bob, now you have shown her the good life. I. suppose it was good while it lasted.

I know exactly what you mean. It was fine when it was just myself, her and Gordon snuggled up in a cozy threesome. Then in comes Maka and starts faking it. At that point the whole enterprise became a tad too rich for my blood and I retired to the Royal Scot Club.

KingFranck
28-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Well put Blackpoolhibs we have lost once in 13 games and as annoying as it might be that we chucked a 12 second lead away, we shouldn't get too carried away. Murray and Mcbride still to come back. It's still the best start to a season we've had so come on guys give it a rest with who isn't good enough for us and who should or shouldn't be captain. The team needs our support so let's give it.
The huns game is gone we can't change that result.

Expecting Rain
28-12-2009, 10:03 AM
All the things that threatened to happen at Pittodrie materialised yesterday, there`s still a lot of positives Hibs are clear in 3rd place, we`ve a lot of good youngsters and some handy players with experience,Yogi is doing a first class job and once he brings in a few players in january we shouild be more than capable of consolidating a high position in the league, even when we have injuries, suspensions and are carrying some players from the present line up.

erskine-hibby
28-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Yogi must go.

And get some new players in January:wink:

Lofarl
28-12-2009, 12:00 PM
And get some new players in January:wink:

Yea we need a big frontman up there. I hear Hearts have a cracking player called Nade. He is their top scorer so he must be amazing.

Sort it Petrie:grr::grr:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
28-12-2009, 12:05 PM
I'm still a happy Hibby. :agree:

Disappointed in the score against les Huns . We actually made them look good at times. However, am confident our management team will have the players heads up for St J game. The Jambo game will pretty much take care of itself.

I think we will beat the Saints and Johnny Jambo. Then we can look forward to Irvine Meadow calling in t' Scottish Cup .

Still playing some good stuff and still 3rd in the league.
As Yogi said post match yesterday.......... "it might have been the best thing to happen to us".

3rd in the league at Christmas with the Infirm playing each other next week? . Lots of points to be dropped by them. ........... that'll do for me.

Glory Glory :notworthy:

Kaiser1962
28-12-2009, 02:16 PM
After their first goal at no point did we dominate the match. They were/are better than us. Wake up.

Agreed. If we had been offered this position at the start of the season we have taken it gladly. We lost a game against a team that were up for it ably assisted by some poor defending on our part. We move on and learn and are better equipped next time.

MB62
28-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Aye, it was a drubbing which probably nobody expected with regards to the manner of the defeat. We were 2nd best all over the park and deserved to be beat, but it's one game out of a successful start to the season.
What will be more important now is how the players react to that defeat. We are still 3rd in the league and every game is important, so let's start again by trying to put together another undefeated run and concentrate on winning third spot.
There's plenty things to be negative about from yesterday, however there's even more things to be positive about when taking the season so far.

Bring on the Saints

GGTTH

PISTOL1875
28-12-2009, 02:41 PM
Aye, it was a drubbing which probably nobody expected with regards to the manner of the defeat. We were 2nd best all over the park and deserved to be beat, but it's one game out of a successful start to the season.
What will be more important now is how the players react to that defeat. We are still 3rd in the league and every game is important, so let's start again by trying to put together another undefeated run and concentrate on winning third spot.
There's plenty things to be negative about from yesterday, however there's even more things to be positive about when taking the season so far.

Bring on the Saints

GGTTH

Quite right.. The kneejerk reaction is simply because a lot of people thought we could beat Rangers but we did a Dundee United and blew our big chance...

Over the peace , there is no shame in losing to Rangers who quite recently have been scoring goals for fun... However , we must get a result on Wednesday to get ourselves back on track..

It's now what you do against the OF that matters, its what you do against the other teams who are at our level...

MB62
28-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Quite right.. The kneejerk reaction is simply because a lot of people thought we could beat Rangers but we did a Dundee United and blew our big chance...

Over the peace , there is no shame in losing to Rangers who quite recently have been scoring goals for fun... However , we must get a result on Wednesday to get ourselves back on track..

It's not what you do against the OF that matters, its what you do against the other teams who are at our level...

Exactly, starting again on Wednesday.

PISTOL1875
28-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Exactly, starting again on Wednesday.

Anything you get from the OF are quite simply bonus points.. You treat these games as matches you are expected to lose so if you do get anything , it's a bonus.. We have to get back to winning ways on Wednesday and then that'll set us up for Hertz on Sunday...

Penrith Hibee
28-12-2009, 03:49 PM
Agreed. If we had been offered this position at the start of the season we have taken it gladly. We lost a game against a team that were up for it ably assisted by some poor defending on our part. We move on and learn and are better equipped next time.

Hooray, somebody talking sense! We lost due to three defensive mistakes, especially the third goal which killed the game, but I thought we played quite well in patches. That could have been against anyone, just happened to be the currant buns with two strikers on fire. Move on, bring on St J.