PDA

View Full Version : Media BBC Highlights - Hibs 1 Rangers 4

Mikey
28-12-2009, 12:21 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8423526.stm

Simkin911
28-12-2009, 12:24 AM
Crikey, didn't realise Hogg was so far off his marker for the 1st two goals -and it wasn't as though either move could have been described as world class. :rolleyes:

sixtwo
28-12-2009, 09:05 AM
miller was slack with too many passes. for the first rangers goal and the fourth, his passes caused the problem. Deeks caused the problem for the second. Both of the players I mentioned are great players but they lacked concentration at the vital moments. Maka was horrendous at the third goal and worse for the fourth. I thought that at the game yesterday but having watched the highlights, he was even worse than I thought.
I really cannot wait to get stack back and I really hope we get a new keeper next week when the window opens.

lucky
28-12-2009, 09:07 AM
miller was slack with too many passes. for the first rangers goal and the fourth, his passes caused the problem. Deeks caused the problem for the second. Both of the players I mentioned are great players but they lacked concentration at the vital moments. Maka was horrendous at the third goal and worse for the fourth. I thought that at the game yesterday but having watched the highlights, he was even worse than I thought.
I really cannot wait to get stack back and I really hope we get a new keeper next week when the window opens.

Agree with most of that but also have to question Maka at the 1st goal as well. We gifted their goals to them

BoltonHibee
28-12-2009, 09:19 AM
Hogg too far away from Miller for the 1st, although Maka's positioning was not right.

Hogg again too far away from Boyd this time trying to defend the 2nd, stupid ball to give Riordan with two players in such close proximity

Where in gods name was the right back for the third, wandering as he did for a lot of the game. That said ridiculous goal for the keeper to concede.

The defending for the 4th was laughable, Bamba was all over the show. The goalkeeper could possibly done better, but it was not his fault.

Millers ditribution was awful throughout the game, as was Bamba's, never understand how he got MOM.

The Voice Of Reason
28-12-2009, 09:31 AM
1. Their first goal - slack pass by Miller but Hogg was MILES away from Miller - gave him far too much space, should have been a lot closer

2. Their second goal - sloppy play by Deek but this time Hogg gave Boyd too much space

3. Their third goal - no bones about it, yet another howler from Maka

4. Their fourth goal - not a howler as such, but I would expect the goalie to save it - it just went through him

Mistakes all round........shame.

I have read some folk questioning Yogi's tactics - how can tactics legislate fo all these individual errors ?!?!? :confused:

hibsbollah
28-12-2009, 10:34 AM
1. Their first goal - slack pass by Miller but Hogg was MILES away from Miller - gave him far too much space, should have been a lot closer

2. Their second goal - sloppy play by Deek but this time Hogg gave Boyd too much space

3. Their third goal - no bones about it, yet another howler from Maka

4. Their fourth goal - not a howler as such, but I would expect the goalie to save it - it just went through him

Mistakes all round........shame.

I have read some folk questioning Yogi's tactics - how can tactics legislate fo all these individual errors ?!?!? :confused:

Hogg had a good game IMO but was put under pressure throughout the game because of our lack of protection for the back two...It was inevitable that Miller and Boyd would find space eventually.

LaMotta
28-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Hogg had a good game IMO but was put under pressure throughout the game because of our lack of protection for the back two...It was inevitable that Miller and Boyd would find space eventually.

:agree: As a team we were playing very high up the park, something that when leading one nil is unneccesary IMO especially against a team with pace to burn up front.

This meant that when we gave the ball away (all too often yesterday), the were able to break quickly in our half using the pace of novo and kenny miller in one on one situations against our defenders.

Even before the first goal Novo got clear up the left and this nearly led to a goal (when Miller got injured in the 6 yrd box) and then when hogg tripped miller in the box, but brines never gave the pen. SO the warning signs were there.

Rangers, particularly after they took the lead were very good at getting nine or ten men behind the ball and we just didnt have any way to break them down. Mixus's team for last season (for all their sins) done it brilliantly against the old firm three times at ER last season.

I remember all the moaning after the two draws at ER late last season for our anti-football, but I think having gone one nil up early yesterday, I would have happily taken a slightly more disciplined approach to the game.

richard_pitts
28-12-2009, 09:43 PM

1st goal - nice finish by Miller but no way should a striker get into that much space between the centre halves in a back four. You can get away with that against Falkirk, not against a decent side

2nd goal - :bitchy:Schoolboy stuff

3rd goal - Total clanger by the keeper. IMO the defence have no confidence in him and it's why we looked so panicked a lot of the time :bye:

4th - As per number 3

(((Fergus)))
29-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Also thought we played far too high up the pitch as Yogi attempted to "take them on". Sadly, our much vaunted strikeforce - most of whom are actually only interested in outdoing each other on the scorers chart/highlights package rather than combining to score goals for the team - failed once more to do the business. When the hun countered, he cut through our (reshuffled!) midfield/defence as if they were not there. Do people seriously expect the goalkeeper to compensate single-handedly for this?

Even goal 3, why is Maka getting sole blame for that? He had to deal with TWO attackers: Novo and the unmarked Boyd running in for the cutback. No one dealing with Novo in the channel, although Hogg did at least have a jog in his general direction.

The difference between those two teams is that for one it actually matters whether they win games, leagues and cups. It's got nothing to do with skill because our players hid their skill. Maybe they're just afraid to be winners. It's so much easier, I suppose...less expectation, less pressure.