PDA

View Full Version : What we really missed today...

Hibee_Rab
27-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Ian Murray. Not only is he a class act on the pitch, but he inspires those around him. Does anyone know when he'll be back?

HONG KONG PHOOEY
27-12-2009, 08:59 PM
what we missed was a goalkeer - end of story

Vini1875
27-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Agree Murray was a big miss for us today. Maka might be an obvious target, but Riordan and Nish let us down today as well. Hanlon had a torrid time I thought but considering he is coming from the cold I'm not holding that against him. I also think Wotherspoon is a great player but not convinced by him as a full back.

Yogi has to lift the boys after this one and hopefully we can get two wins from the next two games. It's very important we do not lose back to back games

Fantic
27-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Ian Murray. Not only is he a class act on the pitch, but he inspires those around him. Does anyone know when he'll be back?

It wasn't an injury but a bug he picked up and had to phone in this morning. Hopefully back soon.

steakbake
27-12-2009, 09:18 PM
It wasn't an injury but a bug he picked up and had to phone in this morning. Hopefully back soon.

Uncooked meat at Christmas? (to start a rumour)

erskine-hibby
27-12-2009, 09:22 PM
We missed Murray, Stack, the 'real' derek Riordan and any tactical decisions by Yogi.

GreenCastle
27-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Leadership :agree:

1875 NO 1
27-12-2009, 09:31 PM

true.

missed players in the middle of the park who will get stuck in and if need be put the boot in. We let novo and lafferty run up and down the wing all day without anybody taking them out.

Deek and Zouma are a liabilty in games like that, they don't work up and down the pitch. Zouma falls out of games to easly.

Also, lacked a physical prescence all over the pitch.

1875 NO 1
27-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Agree Murray was a big miss for us today. Maka might be an obvious target, but Riordan and Nish let us down today as well. Hanlon had a torrid time I thought but considering he is coming from the cold I'm not holding that against him. I also think Wotherspoon is a great player but not convinced by him as a full back.

Yogi has to lift the boys after this one and hopefully we can get two wins from the next two games. It's very important we do not lose back to back games

When Nish was subbed Yogi turned to him and said you need to have more about you than that, meaning you have go to toughen up

Delboy*
27-12-2009, 09:35 PM
I think we miss Mcbride, he seems to give that extra bit of cover n lets the attacking players, erm, attack.

IWasThere2016
27-12-2009, 09:59 PM
I think we miss Mcbride, he seems to give that extra bit of cover n lets the attacking players, erm, attack.

We miss McBride - great shield for CHs and the simple baw! Every team needs a McBride.

hibsbollah
27-12-2009, 10:04 PM
I expected this thread to be about McBride. All day one of the huns front men pulled deep and we had nobody marking him; Novo, Lafferty, Miller, they all took turns dropping off and Rankin wasnt up to the task of staying on them. Hogg and bamba did well enough but they had no cover. McBride was a big miss.

David@EasterRoad
27-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Murray was badly missed, mcbride and stack would also have started if fit. Probably shows we need some cover at full back and a new keeper as Flynn is too young and maka unreliable.

GreenCastle
27-12-2009, 10:08 PM
We miss McBride - great shield for CHs and the simple baw! Every team needs a McBride.

:agree: