PDA

View Full Version : Hibs.net flag

Landells
27-12-2009, 06:36 PM
I'v not seen this since we won the CIS cup final. Does it ever get taken out at Easter road? How much did it cost to produce?

:confused:

MSK
27-12-2009, 06:47 PM
I'v not seen this since we won the CIS cup final. Does it ever get taken out at Easter road? How much did it cost to produce?

:confused:No it doesnt get an airing nowadays ..shame ..as its a fantastic banner ..

Cost thousands to make ..

HibbyAndy
27-12-2009, 06:50 PM
No it doesnt get an airing nowadays ..shame ..as its a fantastic banner ..

Cost thousands to make ..

:agree:

Cannae believe thats over 2 and a half years ago now we all had our names put down to get a mention on the flag.

Calvin
27-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Get it out for the Derby!

MSK
27-12-2009, 07:01 PM
Get it out for the Derby!Prob is ..it weighs a fekkin ton ..it really needs dropped off by car then picked up again afterwards ..if anyone on here is willing tae do that then the flag is yours ..i would love to see it again !!!!! ..in full flight it looks absolutley amazing ...lets get this banner back oot !!! :thumbsup::notworthy:

GreenCastle
27-12-2009, 07:11 PM
It could go over some Empty seats in St Johnstone ?

I would love to see the Famous Five one also :agree:

MSK
27-12-2009, 07:16 PM
It could go over some Empty seats in St Johnstone ?

I would love to see the Famous Five one also :agree:It is currently in the hands of the West Edinburgh & Livingston branch ..i will mail them & see what the score is ....:agree:

Lmc2105
28-12-2009, 12:58 PM
It is currently in the hands of the West Edinburgh & Livingston branch ..i will mail them & see what the score is ....:agree:

as you know the flag is nt the easyest thing to carry about ... we have this atm but if any1 can provide it to most games and stuff then please by all means ask the admins and you can take it it's just sitting in my room atm anyways

but al make sure it's up in perth

MSK
28-12-2009, 01:03 PM
as you know the flag is nt the easyest thing to carry about ... we have this atm but if any1 can provide it to most games and stuff then please by all means ask the admins and you can take it it's just sitting in my room atm anyways

but al make sure it's up in perthAye its no the easiest flag tae humph aboot Lee..def needs someone wi transport..oh and a few mates tae unfurl it at the match ...when its unfurled its a thing o real beauty !!! :thumbsup:

Lmc2105
28-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Aye its no the easiest flag tae humph aboot Lee..def needs someone wi transport..oh and a few mates tae unfurl it at the match ...when its unfurled its a thing o real beauty !!! :thumbsup:

Yeah mate it's not however since people know i now have it hopefully when people see me with it maybe some .netters can give me a wee hand with it if i can get help with it i will for a fact bring it to every away game find somewhere on the coach for it :thumbsup:

Last outing it had was BLACKBURN was at bolton but the police told me to put it back on the coach even showed them the certificate got permission from there safety officer but the polis said naw!:grr:

MSK
28-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Yeah mate it's not however since people know i now have it hopefully when people see me with it maybe some .netters can give me a wee hand with it if i can get help with it i will for a fact bring it to every away game find somewhere on the coach for it :thumbsup:

Last outing it had was BLACKBURN was at bolton but the police told me to put it back on the coach even showed them the certificate got permission from there safety officer but the polis said naw!:grr:Thats a bummer Lee, im quite sure Scottish clubs are a bit more flexible, i cant quite remember but im sure hibs.net & the bounce used to contact clubs beforehand to seek permissionto bring the flags ...the last place i recall seeing the hibs.net flag was at hampden v Killie in the cup final ...:thumbsup:

Landells
28-12-2009, 02:09 PM
:thumbsup:

Last outing it had was BLACKBURN was at bolton but the police told me to put it back on the coach even showed them the certificate got permission from there safety officer but the polis said naw!:grr:

Should have just got it out if you have permission

Lmc2105
28-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Should have just got it out if you have permission
and risk getting lifted no thanks ... they wouldn't even take the permission as evidence i was allowed they said they had the final decision

MSK
28-12-2009, 03:37 PM
and risk getting lifted no thanks ... they wouldn't even take the permission as evidence i was allowed they said they had the final decisionQuite right Lee..no worth the hassle son ....im no worried aboot you gettin lifted ..just dinnae want the flag lifted wi ye !!!! :thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
28-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Quite right Lee..no worth the hassle son ....im no worried aboot you gettin lifted ..just dinnae want the flag lifted wi ye !!!! :thumbsup:

:faf: Someone who knows how to prioritise.

Landells
28-12-2009, 03:55 PM
So whats the need in having a certificate?

MSK
28-12-2009, 03:59 PM
So whats the need in having a certificate?To make sure its fire ******ant ..& it has passed those standards..

Lmc2105
28-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Quite right Lee..no worth the hassle son ....im no worried aboot you gettin lifted ..just dinnae want the flag lifted wi ye !!!! :thumbsup:

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

i hope you are kidding :boo hoo:

Lmc2105
28-12-2009, 04:00 PM
it wasn't down to bolton ... it was down to the tools that are the police down there! they just said i couldnt take it in with the certificate or not!

MSK
28-12-2009, 04:06 PM
:faf::faf::faf::faf:

i hope you are kidding :boo hoo:Of course ..need ye for the bowls in June ..:thumbsup:

MSK
28-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Heres the flag getting its very first airing ... 5314

Landells
28-12-2009, 04:19 PM
To make sure its fire ******ant ..& it has passed those standards..

Ah ok, I can understand why police wouldn't allow it to be brought out as it would make it impossible to see what is happening beneath it.

MSK
28-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Ah ok, I can understand why police wouldn't allow it to be brought out as it would make it impossible to see what is happening beneath it.Its big mate but nowhere near as big as some ..esp the Liverpool one i saw on tv yest ...just the Police being jobsworths imo....a friendly football game = football flag = refused...:confused:

iwasthere1972
28-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Heres the flag getting its very first airing ... 5314

:thumbsup: Magnifico.

The Yams have a similar one (obviously in ****ty maroon) which belongs to Nade. :wink:

jakki
28-12-2009, 04:36 PM
it wasn't down to bolton ... it was down to the tools that are the police down there! they just said i couldnt take it in with the certificate or not!
I agree the steward down there was fantastic. I had a seat in the wheelchair bay with my carer on the trackside and 5 back row tickets for the grandkids, the two youngest aged 6. The steward said it was no problem and moved the fans directly behind us after explaining the problem to them. At the end of the game he took us all trackside away from the fighting.:thumbsup:

Would any steward at a SPL ground go out of his way to help?

MSK
28-12-2009, 04:38 PM
:thumbsup: Magnifico.

The Yams have a similar one (obviously in ****ty maroon) which belongs to Nade. :wink::thumbsup:

It was very very windy that day & bloody difficult tae hold that flag doon !!! :greengrin...the unique thing about that flag that sets it apart from others is the names in the back ground ...names of hibbies past & present & from all over the globe ...thats why it should be out there at games, it should never be forgotten ...:thumbsup:

Landells
28-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Its big mate but nowhere near as big as some ..esp the Liverpool one i saw on tv yest ...just the Police being jobsworths imo....a friendly football game = football flag = refused...:confused:

Yeah I'v been to Anfield and there flags drape from top tier to the bottom there massive I guess its all down to what officers are at the game.

GreenCastle
28-12-2009, 04:42 PM
You should contact Hibs and try get it stored at ER ?

Maybe have it at every home game in the South Upper if not being used ?

Likewise with the large Famous Five flag :agree:

Obviously it would be good to pass around at half time etc and to have at away trips though.

Landells
28-12-2009, 04:46 PM

Obviously it would be good to pass around at half time etc and to have at away trips though.

The away fans wont see it in the south upper :greengrin

Landells
28-12-2009, 04:47 PM
I have an idea!

Try get it on the park before Kick off! Lay it down!

MSK
28-12-2009, 04:51 PM

Obviously it would be good to pass around at half time etc and to have at away trips though.I think the club were asked early doors mate & we were refused, since then it has sat in various car boots..bedrooms & more likely garden sheds ...it is a shame as a lot of money & effort was put into its design/purchase etc only for it to get an airing twice a season at most ..

We do appreciate that due to its design the material is heavier therefore it proves more difficult to transport from A to B..

Hopefully though it will find a good home & we will see it more regularly at Easter rd & away grounds...even Europe ..:not worth