PDA

View Full Version : Fans leaving after 4th Goal!!

Paul Mc
27-12-2009, 05:24 PM
I was extremely disappointed to see so many fans leave at 4-1

There was only 66 minutes played!

The team had played 12 games unbeaten until today, and some fans repay them by leaving with 25 minutes to go

I was as disappointed and as hurt as anyone.

Support the team to the full whistle irregardless!

What does it look like to the players with thousamds away before the end of the game

Views?

Big Frank
27-12-2009, 05:29 PM
:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::y awn::yawn::yawn:

ltyf

Cropley10
:yawn:

I wasn't going to sit there and watch that buffoon chuck in a load more goals so I went home instead.

blackpoolhibs

The team had played 12 games unbeaten until today, and some fans repay them by leaving with 25 minutes to go

What does it look like to the players with thousamds away before the end of the game

Views?

Sniff sniff.

HibbyAndy
27-12-2009, 05:31 PM

Views?

Dinnae you worry your new xmas cotton socks, Theres nae dange come the 3rd of Janaury we will be leaving early.

Bring it on.

down-the-slope
27-12-2009, 05:31 PM

Views?

:agree:

AndyM_1875
27-12-2009, 05:33 PM

Views?

Maybe there was something good on the telly.:greengrin

Calvin
27-12-2009, 05:33 PM
To be honest, I'm always disappointed to see fans leave early too. I can't understand the reasoning that they would prefer not to see their team get gubbed - wouldn't we all? But let's face it, being a Hibs fan, a football fan even, involves times when your team fails to perform, that's part and parcel of the experience. I for one would prefer to stay and support my team.

I can see an uberfan debate coming up but it's a matter of personal preference.

Big Frank
27-12-2009, 05:34 PM

ooooh! your soooo controversial!! going against the grain and agreeing with the OP.:rolleyes:

Who has made 13 comments inalmost 3yrs:cool2:

The Harp
27-12-2009, 05:36 PM

Views?

I was disappointed too but you can't dictate to people what they should & shouldn't do, I'm afraid.
Keep the faith.

zlatan
27-12-2009, 05:38 PM
I left after number 4, there is no pleasure being goaded by 3000 huns whilst watching your team throw away a game they were in control of after 20 minutes.

If some people have the attitude they are proving some sort of point sitting through that then good on them, I'll worry about it over my pint in the nice warm pub.

The game was over, the players gave up after the 3rd, why not us?

crewetollhibee
27-12-2009, 05:52 PM

Views?
You want views ? Well here is mine Mister 13 posts in nearly 3 years . You get back to Yam Yam land where you belong. Let's see what you post next week after we have royally scr*wed your pathetic excuse for a football team. I, along with I'm sure a few others, will be watching your future posts. :titanic:

scott7_0(Prague)
27-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Views?

Your neck must be sare looking up at us, no. There is a vire for you!!:ostrich:

RickyS
27-12-2009, 05:57 PM
I left after number 4, there is no pleasure being goaded by 3000 huns whilst watching your team throw away a game they were in control of after 20 minutes.

If some people have the attitude they are proving some sort of point sitting through that then good on them, I'll worry about it over my pint in the nice warm pub.

The game was over, the players gave up after the 3rd, why not us?

I did too TBH, there was no hope of getting back into the game and I hate the feeling when you are being goaded by the unwashed.

Storar
27-12-2009, 05:58 PM
I actually left as soon as the announcer read out Makalambays name.

HFC 0-7
27-12-2009, 05:59 PM

Views?

Fans may have had to go through some bad weather to get there today. Paid a lot of money for season tickets, club merchandise, paying the players wages, and thats how they repay us! I have no problem with people walking out at 1-4 down after 66 minutes!

steakbake
27-12-2009, 06:00 PM

Views?

Today was freezing and we shot ourselves in the foot and were 4-1 down which could easily have been far more had the Huns not taken their foot off the gas.

If people want to leave and go home, it's up to them. In my view, it doesn't make them less of a fan. Probably just a bit more sensible than the rest of us who stayed behind till the bitter end.

hibiedude
27-12-2009, 06:04 PM

Views?

I turned the TV off when we went 4-1 down so should I hand
my notice in to Easter Road and tell them I'm mo longer a Hibs fan

and you seem to be concerned about what the players think" how about a wee thought about the fans paying to watching that cr@p and you moan about
them leaving early did they not suffer enough today.

scoopyboy
27-12-2009, 06:07 PM
I was disappointed to see so many leave after the 4th but by the same token I was delighted by the size of the Hibs support today.

Each fan is entitled to leave any time they want and although I stay to the end I respect every Hibs fan who turned up today.

I only hope none of the early leavers were heard to utter the phrase that does my nut in, namely "I've no been for years and I'll no be back for years, its the same old Hibs".

IMO we are still on the way up despite today's result.

Gatecrasher
27-12-2009, 06:18 PM
I left after the 4th the game was over and due to where my car was parked I didn't want to wait in the freezing cold waiting for the police to let is through the barriers,

I don't often leave early but I made an exeption today

Alex Trager
27-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Totally agree with the op . Even through the whole of last season i never did or will leave untill the fat lady....

BroxburnHibee
27-12-2009, 06:23 PM
I was disappointed to see so many leave after the 4th but by the same token I was delighted by the size of the Hibs support today.

Each fan is entitled to leave any time they want and although I stay to the end I respect every Hibs fan who turned up today.

I only hope none of the early leavers were heard to utter the phrase that does my nut in, namely "I've no been for years and I'll no be back for years, its the same old Hibs".

IMO we are still on the way up despite today's result.

Bristolhibby
27-12-2009, 06:31 PM
technically everyone left after the fourth Rangers goal.

Kojock
27-12-2009, 06:34 PM

Views?

Empty :confused:

Hibby 2005
27-12-2009, 06:41 PM
At 4-1 it looked like Rangers could have gone on and scored a couple more so I don't blame anyone for leaving.

Scotthibs1875
27-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Go and tell me what enjoyment you got out of watching them hammering us?

CropleyWasGod
27-12-2009, 07:02 PM
I watched the mass exodus and thought to myself "yup, this will be a three pager tonight".

Don't disappoint me, folk, there are still two pages to go.

Saorsa
27-12-2009, 07:59 PM

Views?Bull*****, they looked like they gave up efter the first hun goal went in, why be surprised when anybody else gave up. When the Huns equalised that Hibs team bottled it.

AFKA5814_Hibs
27-12-2009, 08:08 PM
I can understand someone moaning with those who left just after the 3rd goal went in, which certainly some of the of East Terracing did, but after the 4th, well I can undersrstand with them.

FWIW, I left after 88 minutes to get a better seat in the Four in Hand, by which time it was already heavin when I got there. :hmmm:

Greenblood70
27-12-2009, 08:39 PM
:tee hee::tee hee:
I actually left as soon as the announcer read out Makalambays name.

7Hero
27-12-2009, 08:40 PM

Views?

**** off, i have better things to do than sit and listen to glory hunting / biggoted ******s sing there banned songs , its a disgrace you even post n here ou **** of jambo ****..

Steve20
27-12-2009, 08:46 PM
I have been to every match home and away this season and left today after the fourth goal. If anyone has a problem with that then send me a private message and I will tell you my seat number and we can talk about it face to face, instead of slagging fellow fans on a messageboard.

fife hfc
27-12-2009, 08:52 PM
I was in the hospitality area today and wanted to leave after the first goal but the door was shut:grr: If I had been in my usual seat in the ff upper i would have certainly gone. ****ing murder watching the last 25 minutes.

Houchy
27-12-2009, 08:57 PM
I have been to every match home and away this season and left today after the fourth goal. If anyone has a problem with that then send me a private message and I will tell you my seat number and we can talk about it face to face, instead of slagging fellow fans on a messageboard.

I done one today after 80 mins as I'd put in more effort digging out my car to get to the game today than Hibs put in after the 2nd goal went in. Add to that the usual ***** from the huns and it was :bye: from me.

Anyone wants to make an argument out of that can bite me:bye:

CropleyWasGod
27-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Do you ..? ..cant remember the last time you paid £10 towards the running of this site ..:confused:

Didn't claim that I did.

Speedy
27-12-2009, 10:04 PM
We didn't leave but we were tempted to leave and watch the Arsenal game. In the end I decided that I had watched 45 minutes of crap so I might as well watch another 20 minutes.

I don't necessarily agree with leaving early but I can understand why people would.

VegasHibby
28-12-2009, 12:08 AM

Views?

No one should be judged if they leave early.

The_Horde
28-12-2009, 12:18 AM
I'm not judging anyone for leaving early i was VERY close to it, i just didn't want to give those c**** the satisfaction.

YetholmHibee
28-12-2009, 01:49 AM

Views?

Take some hankies next time!

Who cares why anybody leaves early - I don't care - their choice & why should I question there god given right to leave early (?)

marti1875
28-12-2009, 01:59 AM
Well i'm in Thailand now and watched the game in the pub. When the 4th goal went in i turned my back on it, sat at the bar and letched at the gorgeous girls working and it went somewhat to cheering me up slightly....does this make me a bad person and not a fan??.....:greengrin

marti1875
28-12-2009, 02:39 AM
Get in touch with your social worker & waste their time with your question . . . . . get away ya sad person!!!!

WTF??.....You've obviously had a humour bypass and judging by your last 2 posts on this thread not very articulate or well thought out posts tbh. Rambling, repeated type of abusive messages to different people for no apparent reason whatsoever. One thinks it's not me who's the "sad person"!!:agree::bye:

Cabbage1875
28-12-2009, 03:48 AM
Completely agree with the original poster, absolutely no need for so many to spit the dummy and leave. The same folk who will be scrambling for tickets for derbies etc no doubt! Support the boys through thick and thin!

hibiedude
28-12-2009, 07:23 AM
I read a lot on this thread about what the players mite think about seeing fans leave early, and hears me thinking it was the players job to entertain the fans and get bums on seats.

The get well paid to do a job that most fans would do for nothing.

I mean how hard is it to pass a ball to a guy on the pitch that has the same coloured top as yourself.

So I don't understand the OP issues tbh 13 posts in 3 years and he talks about loyalty :faf:

EasterRoad4Ever
28-12-2009, 07:30 AM

Views?

I was surprised at how many STAYED after the 4th goal :greengrin After 55 mins (the Huns 3rd) you could see that most of the Hibs players had given up and gone home. Had the players shown a bit of fight and character at that stage I'm sure few Hibs fans would have deserted them :grr:

Rossco1875
28-12-2009, 08:40 AM
i stayed to the final whistle but dont blame people for leaving end of the day people have payed their cash they can leave whenever they want.

bobbyhibs1983
28-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Had the players shown a bit of fight and character at that stage I'm sure few Hibs fans would have deserted them :grr:

Thats the thing that annoyed me, when we scored we were in control but i feel when they scored, bang, we sorta lost ourr way.Did we show any bits of fight and charachter?No

the 1st ? i hope yogi will ask the team is where was the fight?the will to win?
cos if any team dont have a desire to fight for a win/draw then everytime they go 1 behind they may as well say game over imo

Glorious
28-12-2009, 09:25 AM
So I don't understand the OP issues tbh 13 posts in 3 years and he talks about loyalty :faf:

Since when did the number of posts on a forum relate to attending matches?

27 posts in 7.5 years btw.

Dashing Bob S
28-12-2009, 09:45 AM

I think you'll find there is a direct correlation.

I await empirical confirmation from Shaun Lawson or McIntosh.

EH6 Hibby
28-12-2009, 09:57 AM
Completely agree with the original poster, absolutely no need for so many to spit the dummy and leave. The same folk who will be scrambling for tickets for derbies etc no doubt! Support the boys through thick and thin!

That's just nonsense. The fact is, these people were at the game to begin with, so why would they not be entitled to tickets for the derby or any other game? I'm a season ticket holder and I left at the fourth goal yesterday, should I hand my season ticket back?

We're not talking about leaving when Hibs go 1 goal down here, the game was over, the players had given up so the fans did the same.

Hank Schrader
28-12-2009, 10:08 AM

Well said Steve.:top marks

DBHibs
28-12-2009, 10:12 AM
These kind of threads are as old as the hills and surface every time we suffer a heavy defeat.

Bottom line is that folk have the right to leave the game whenever they see fit I suppose whether anybody else likes it or not.

Personally I stayed right until the bitter end - nae point in me rushing away as I only live across the road from the ground!

hibiedude
28-12-2009, 10:47 AM

It doesn't but show me the last post you started where you questioned the fans loyalty.

why not read my post in full before replying

the only thing thats misssing from this thread is;

if you don't attend games your not a Hibs fan because that's a classic :faf:

ArabHibee
28-12-2009, 10:58 AM
I have no problem with people leaving yesterday after watching the dross that was served up by Hibs. Hell, I was going to leave the pub after the 4th went in but decided to stay and finish my drink and mini cheddars. :greengrin

What annoys me is when people start leaving when we are winning, drawing or perhaps only one goal down! :grr:

Well i'm in Thailand now and watched the game in the pub. When the 4th goal went in i turned my back on it, sat at the bar and letched at the gorgeous girls working and it went somewhat to cheering me up slightly....does this make me a bad person and not a fan??.....:greengrin

Are you sure they were girls? :cool2:

surreyhibbie
28-12-2009, 11:06 AM

No, just a lucky B*****d!!! :greengrin

Glorious
28-12-2009, 02:12 PM
I think you'll find there is a direct correlation.

I await empirical confirmation from Shaun Lawson or McIntosh.

So Hibs fans who do not post on here or the bounce do not attend games?

Glorious
28-12-2009, 02:21 PM
It doesn't but show me the last post you started where you questioned the fans loyalty.

why not read my post in full before replying

the only thing thats misssing from this thread is;

if you don't attend games your not a Hibs fan because that's a classic :faf:

I did read your whole post, but you're the one who highlighted the last part.

You insinuated that OP's thread count correlated to his loyalty to Hibs. Unless you meant loyalty to Hibs.net.

To get back onto OP's point, if you pay your money to attend an event you're the one who decides when you leave the event. I don't think [insert band name here] could give a toss if you left their gig early, neither do the cinema care if you leave a film early. I've left matches early before when I've just been sick of the performance (during Blobby's reign springs to mind) but have also stuck around when we've been thrashed as much to defy the opposition fans as support the team (Hampden 0-4).

You pay for the ticket, your choice.

HibbyKeith
28-12-2009, 02:22 PM
I was more dissapointed to see so many hibs PLAYERS go straight down the tunnel without applauding the supporters who were still in the ground at full time.

Obviously players were dissapointed with the result/performance but a little gratitude to the fans, who at the worst financial time of the year managed to dig deep buy tickets and put bums on seats when the easy option would have been to watch it on the telly.

PISTOL1875
28-12-2009, 02:25 PM

Views?

4-1 could've easily turned into 6 or 7... Some people didn't want to hang around and potentially see that happen...

Wilson
28-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Disgrace. If I'd bothered to turn up I would certainly have stayed until the end.

These fans that attend games and then leave when it suits them should be ashamed.

woody47
28-12-2009, 03:29 PM
I always stay to the end as I must be a bit of a masochist but then I have been watching Hibs for more years than I care to remember.
I don't have a problem with people leaving but what I do have a problem with is people saying "what does the team think watching the fans leave". I don't give a monkey's what they think as I hope they can see just how pi$$ed off the fans are with their lack lustre performance. Maybe it should get them annoyed enough to actually care.

hibiedude
28-12-2009, 04:22 PM
I did read your whole post, but you're the one who highlighted the last part.

You insinuated that OP's thread count correlated to his loyalty to Hibs. Unless you meant loyalty to Hibs.net.

To get back onto OP's point, if you pay your money to attend an event you're the one who decides when you leave the event. I don't think [insert band name here] could give a toss if you left their gig early, neither do the cinema care if you leave a film early. I've left matches early before when I've just been sick of the performance (during Blobby's reign springs to mind) but have also stuck around when we've been thrashed as much to defy the opposition fans as support the team (Hampden 0-4).

You pay for the ticket, your choice.

So you agree with me about the OP issues it doesn't matter were your loyalties lie wither it be following your team or posting on hibs.net.

It's a silly argument complaining why fans leave a football match early

As you say; You pay for the ticket, your choice :wink:

camhibby1
28-12-2009, 04:35 PM
I am a ST holder and have been to every home match this season. I was also working yesterday but arranged my hours to have 12.00 - 2.30 off on the understanding that I made the time up. I also work on Saturdays and it is well known that where-ever I am with my work, I finish at 12.00 noon in order to travel to ER and make the time up elsewhere during the week (often on Sundays). I travel to as many away matches as I can and I shall be a the St. Johstone game on Wednesday. I left after the 4th goal yesterday - as with other posters I hate being goaded by the unwashed and loathe seeing Hibs being beaten. I believe it is my right to come and go as I please and not the prerogative of any other person to tell me otherwise. The OP and sympathisers should be less patronising.

CropleyWasGod
28-12-2009, 04:42 PM
So Hibs fans who do not post on here or the bounce do not attend games?

.. conversely, Hearts fans who do post on here don't attend Hibs games. :wink:

Houchy
28-12-2009, 04:48 PM

Erm no!!! The 5 of us that left after 80 minutes are season ticket holders. No scrambling for us:bye:

Gatecrasher
28-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Erm no!!! The 5 of us that left after 80 minutes are season ticket holders. No scrambling for us:bye:

We are STH as well and have been for a long time, no doubt we are desperate for derby tickets though :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2009, 08:25 PM
I'm not a season ticket holder anymore, i didnt even go to the huns match, but i will be at the hearts game. There was no scramble to get the tickets.

H18sry
28-12-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm not a season ticket holder anymore, i didnt even go to the huns match, but i will be at the hearts game. There was no scramble to get the tickets.

Uber fannie alert :wink:

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Uber fannie alert :wink:

:greengrin I no understand?:wink:

TornadoHibby
29-12-2009, 08:49 AM
:yawn:

I wasn't going to sit there and watch that buffoon chuck in a load more goals so I went home instead.

Don't you think that the other players were equally "to blame" for the defeat or is Maka simply to blame whenever a goal is scored against Hibs when he plays (presumably :wink:) for EVERY goal and is to be classed as a "clown" or "buffoon" as a result? :confused: :cool2:

We were second best ALL OVER THE PARK for the last 70 minutes of the gmae ffs and deserved to lose the match, something that has been eveident for a while now, most notably at Aberdeen only the week before! :agree:

That defeat on Sunday was overdue IMO and there will be more and probably soon unless the players and management realise that matches are won mostly by effort and honest committment to every tackle and pass which we were missing big time on Sunday IMO! :agree:

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Don't you think that the other players were equally "to blame" for the defeat or is Maka simply to blame whenever a goal is scored against Hibs when he plays (presumably :wink:) for EVERY goal and is to be classed as a "clown" or "buffoon" as a result? :confused: :cool2:

We were second best ALL OVER THE PARK for the last 70 minutes of the gmae ffs and deserved to lose the match, something that has been eveident for a while now, most notably at Aberdeen only the week before! :agree:

That defeat on Sunday was overdue IMO and there will be more and probably soon unless the players and management realise that matches are won mostly by effort and honest committment to every tackle and pass which we were missing big time on Sunday IMO! :agree:

I agree, we were 2nd best for the last 70 minutes on Sunday, but i only watched the highlights against Aberdeen, and from watching those 20 minutes or so, we did not deserve to lose that game. We scored twice, they scored none. We had another couple of chances too. They had a couple of good chances, but our keeper made some decent saves. ITS WHAT HE'S THERE FOR.

Yes we lost on Sunday, but to question the commitment is just wrong, they have been committed all season, in fact thats what I'd say has been the biggest improvement since Yogi took over. Christ i get accused of over reacting, and knee jerk reactions, but ffs we are improving as a team/club, and progress is there for all to see, apart from those who dont want to.

TornadoHibby
29-12-2009, 02:53 PM
I agree, we were 2nd best for the last 70 minutes on Sunday, but i only watched the highlights against Aberdeen, and from watching those 20 minutes or so, we did not deserve to lose that game. We scored twice, they scored none. We had another couple of chances too. They had a couple of good chances, but our keeper made some decent saves. ITS WHAT HE'S THERE FOR.

Yes we lost on Sunday, but to question the commitment is just wrong, they have been committed all season, in fact thats what I'd say has been the biggest improvement since Yogi took over. Christ i get accused of over reacting, and knee jerk reactions, but ffs we are improving as a team/club, and progress is there for all to see, apart from those who dont want to.

My post was seeking to establish why Maka was being blamed for the defeat on Sunday when actually the entire team was responsible for that defeat yet you have turned it around to make another point which I never raised nor alluded to as your last few words (I assume) alludes to! :cool2:

Let me be clear just for the avoidance of doubt! I was at Aberdeen and in the first half and, almost to a man (outfield players I mean here), we could not find a Hibs player with a pass of more than a few feet! This "affliction" was not affecting Aberdeen who were totally on top in that first half and, had it not been for Makalamby, who brought off several excellent saves, we would have gone in at the interval two or three goals down! :agree:

Now whilst I agree that the team is far better than it was under the regime of last season and the general standard of play CAN be much better, we are still capable of thinking we are actually better than we really are IMO and that goes for a large number of our fans too! :cool2:

On days like that, we are picking up points by the skin of our teeth and, having seen our performance at Aberdeen, I posted (http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2280718&postcount=40) a warning that we wouldn't beat Rangers unless our ability to retain the ball improved significantly trusting Yogi to have seen what I saw and to deal with it at training before Sunday's match! We didn't and on top of that Rangers were allowed to impose themselves on our players and our playing style all over the pitch for the last 70 minutes of the game! :agree:

Your apparent desire to pick up on every post not agreeing with you that Maka (or "dropsy" as I see you have recently started referring to him as) is not "Hibs class" may well be causing you to see other things that actually aren't there in such posts! :agree:

Calm down man! I've been a Hibs fan for at least as long as you have maybe even longer (no need for us to establish this precisely though IMO :wink:) and I know when my team is playing well and when it is not! I can also recognise when players are committed or not without assistance! :cool2:

That is all!

HFC 0-7
29-12-2009, 03:05 PM
My post was seeking to establish why Maka was being blamed for the defeat on Sunday when actually the entire team was responsible for that defeat yet you have turned it around to make another point which I never raised nor alluded to as your last few words (I assume) alludes to! :cool2:

Let me be clear just for the avoidance of doubt! I was at Aberdeen and in the first half and, almost to a man (outfield players I mean here), we could not find a Hibs player with a pass of more than a few feet! This "affliction" was not affecting Aberdeen who were totally on top in that first half and, had it not been for Makalamby, who brought off several excellent saves, we would have gone in at the interval two or three goals down! :agree:

Now whilst I agree that the team is far better than it was under the regime of last season and the general standard of play CAN be much better, we are still capable of thinking we are actually better than we really are IMO and that goes for a large number of our fans too! :cool2:

On days like that, we are picking up points by the skin of our teeth and, having seen our performance at Aberdeen, I posted (http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2280718&postcount=40) a warning that we wouldn't beat Rangers unless our ability to retain the ball improved significantly trusting Yogi to have seen what I saw and to deal with it at training before Sunday's match! We didn't and on top of that Rangers were allowed to impose themselves on our players and our playing style all over the pitch for the last 70 minutes of the game! :agree:

Your apparent desire to pick up on every post not agreeing with you that Maka (or "dropsy" as I see you have recently started referring to him as) is not "Hibs class" may well be causing you to see other things that actually aren't there in such posts! :agree:

Calm down man! I've been a Hibs fan for at least as long as you have maybe even longer (no need for us to establish this precisely though IMO :wink:) and I know when my team is playing well and when it is not! I can also recognise when players are committed or not without assistance! :cool2:

That is all!

Even the good teams like Chelsea, Man U etc pick up points by the skin of their teeth against lower opposition. Your right when you say that Maka kept us in the Aberdeen game, but the difference here is that the good teams have keepers that will do it time and time again and not keep having the same sort of mistakes. Maka has ability, no question, but he has mistakes too, more than any keeper in the SPL at the moment and because of this he needs to move on from Hibs.

By the way, I know why you are getting so annoyed regarding Maka and what others are posting, because people are to harsh and will not allow anything to impair their take on players. Some people are way over the top and wont even acknowledge that he has ability and that he has done some good things for us. I cant really talk though, you should see me argue when someone says I am not good looking!:wink:

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2009, 04:09 PM

That is all!

While i respect what you are trying to say, and the dropsy bit is just to annoy one person.:wink: its a bit over the top to say we would have gone in 2 maybe 3 goals down at Aberdeen, had Maka not been in goal. We would have had someone in goal, and again IMHO he'd have made the same saves, none were world class, good but just a keeper doing his job. Stack Flynn Zibi Brown would have made the same saves.

susieq
29-12-2009, 04:24 PM

Maybe biting here, but!
Having been season ticket holders for years now, missing one game this season, home and away, don't you dare to tell me when i can or can't leave a game, i'll leave when i darn well like, sitting in the freezing cold/wet getting humped 4-1, i'll leave! And no i won't be scrambling for tickets for derbies etc, i always get mine in plenty time

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Maybe biting here, but!
Having been season ticket holders for years now, missing one game this season, home and away, don't you dare to tell me when i can or can't leave a game, i'll leave when i darn well like, sitting in the freezing cold/wet getting humped 4-1, i'll leave! And no i won't be scrambling for tickets for derbies etc, i always get mine in plenty time

Well said. :thumbsup: I left the Livvy game one night with about 5 minutes left. We were 4-0 up at the time. By the time we got to the car it was 7-0. My choice, my life.

ronaldo7
29-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Maybe biting here, but!

:faf::top marks

TornadoHibby
29-12-2009, 07:20 PM
While i respect what you are trying to say, and the dropsy bit is just to annoy one person.:wink: its a bit over the top to say we would have gone in 2 maybe 3 goals down at Aberdeen, had Maka not been in goal. We would have had someone in goal, and again IMHO he'd have made the same saves, none were world class, good but just a keeper doing his job. Stack Flynn Zibi Brown would have made the same saves.

Whether or not that is true is irrelevant IMO! :cool2:

Maka was in goal and made the saves and therefore without him that day we could easily have lost a few goals in the first half alone in my opinion and I saw the whole game as it happened from an excellent vantage point! :agree:

Would anyone else have scored the goal Stokes scored in the first half had he not been playing - in your opinion of course? :wink: :cool2:

I also take issue with this nonsense that "it's his job to makes saves however spectacular they may be" yet he's easy meat for a complete ripping on here when he loses a goal whether it's his fault or not! :confused:

I wonder what makes the people who seem to thrive on this kind of behaviour which, in "normal life" would be akin to bullying, tick and sometimes wonder what is lacking for them that makes someone they don't even know properly such a target for them!? :confused:

joe breezy
29-12-2009, 08:54 PM
I stayed till the end as I almost always do.

I was surprised so many other Hibbies did too...

You have to just let it wash over you after a while but I wouldn't judge anyone for leaving early, understandable really

The players gave up early too...

bighairyfaeleith
29-12-2009, 09:30 PM
fans will stay if the performance merits it, and most of the time when it doesn't. But that was a ****ing bitter cold day with absolute ***** football on display. I don't apologise for leaving early and all the uber fans can GTF.

If I want to pay my money for 2/3 of a game then thats up to me, no bloody one else.:grr:

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Whether or not that is true is irrelevant IMO! :cool2:

Maka was in goal and made the saves and therefore without him that day we could easily have lost a few goals in the first half alone in my opinion and I saw the whole game as it happened from an excellent vantage point! :agree:
I believe you when you say we could easily have lost a few goals, but we didnt, he did his job. Are you saying he's that good, no other keeper would have saved us, only him?
Would anyone else have scored the goal Stokes scored in the first half had he not been playing - in your opinion of course? :wink: :cool2:
:confused:
I also take issue with this nonsense that "it's his job to makes saves however spectacular they may be" yet he's easy meat for a complete ripping on here when he loses a goal whether it's his fault or not! :confused:
He gets ripprd because he makes so many mistakes, its funny how Stack does not have page after page about his gaffs?
I wonder what makes the people who seem to thrive on this kind of behaviour which, in "normal life" would be akin to bullying, tick and sometimes wonder what is lacking for them that makes someone they don't even know properly such a target for them!? :confused:
Bullying my arse, its a football forum, we talk about our opinions on each and every point in a game. If he did not cock up so much, he would not get slaughtered so much. Bullying. :grr:

basehibby
30-12-2009, 01:54 AM

Views?

While I - like yourself - tend to stick it out to the bitter end (or glorious conclusion as can be the case) I don't think you should read too much into mass headings for the exit at 4-1 down.

The odds of coming back from that sort of score are next to nothing and for some fans the prospect of suffering further pain is just too much to bear and so they head for the exits - weak? - maybe - understandable? definately!

Still got no time for the sort of fuds that will leave with 5 mins to go at 1 or 2-0 down though :confused: *

* disclaimer - except for folk in wheelchairs / that have to run off for their plane to Australia etc...

Posh Swanny
30-12-2009, 08:31 AM
Hundreds of Posh fans left London Road after 38 minutes on Monday. If that's not a harsh lesson in sticking by your team, I don't know what is.

:faf::faf::faf:

TornadoHibby
30-12-2009, 08:31 AM
Bullying my arse, its a football forum, we talk about our opinions on each and every point in a game. If he did not cock up so much, he would not get slaughtered so much. Bullying. :grr:

Talking opinions and having a seriously vicious go at a player when there is no realistic right of reply to offer explanation/full information are two quite different things! :agree:

The first of these two things I am quite content with and that is what I believe these fans forums are for. :agree:

On the other hand, the second is IMO totally unacceptable and people should have a damn good look at themselves and consider how they would feel if they were on the receiving end of some of the often misinformed and factually unsound, character and ability assassinations that I have read on here and cringed at! :agree: :cool2:

Never mind though, if doing the second "thing" floats some people's boats for them then I guess they will do it as they frankly don't care about the effects on anyone else, whatever they might be! :grr:

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2009, 08:43 AM
Talking opinions and having a seriously vicious go at a player when there is no realistic right of reply to offer explanation/full information are two quite different things! :agree:
The first of these two things I am quite content with and that is what I believe these fans forums are for. :agree:
On the other hand, the second is IMO totally unacceptable and people should have a damn good look at themselves and consider how they would feel if they were on the receiving end of some of the often misinformed and factually unsound, character and ability assassinations that I have read on here and cringed at! :agree: :cool2:
Assassinations, dear god you have the cheek to say people are over reacting with their Assassinations. :faf:
Never mind though, if doing the second "thing" floats some people's boats for them then I guess they will do it as they frankly don't care about the effects on anyone else, whatever they might be! :grr:

If any player get critisiced, on here or the tv or the papers, they have the right to reply, or the right to ignore it. If they get that upset it affects the way they are playing, then they are in the wrong game. The reason there seems to be people having a go at this particular player, is because there is just too many mistakes, although you disagree. And because you disagree, you think the criticism is over the top. Me personally, i think its fair.

TornadoHibby
30-12-2009, 09:35 AM
If any player get critisiced, on here or the tv or the papers, they have the right to reply, or the right to ignore it. If they get that upset it affects the way they are playing, then they are in the wrong game. The reason there seems to be people having a go at this particular player, is because there is just too many mistakes, although you disagree. And because you disagree, you think the criticism is over the top. Me personally, i think its fair.

Fantastic ability to take things out of context but hey, who really cares on here eh?! :wink:

THis may come as a surprise to you (whether I think a player is playing badly or not) but I disagree with you! :agree: