PDA

View Full Version : Name and shame supporter

WHUHibs
27-12-2009, 04:33 PM
I want someone to name and shame a supporter who stood very close to me and my family in the East today.

I love banter and funny comments but this guy was neither funny nor was it banter!

Sits in row P towards the away end about seat number 140...tall in his 50s with hibs top, tracksuit btooms and a Hibs hat with badges on it...

His main offensive comments were about the fact he hopes they all die on the M8 back home and the Ibrox disaster was acceptable. There is no place for an idiot like this in our support and I find this a terrible comment to make...I know every support has idiots like this and if anyone knows him then please get him told!

Also the song about Kenny Miller and kids is also unacceptable....Im all for banter but this was disgusting"!!!

MSK
27-12-2009, 04:38 PM
I want someone to name and shame a supporter who stood very close to me and my family in the East today.

I love banter and funny comments but this guy was neither funny nor was it banter!

Sits in row P towards the away end about seat number 140...tall in his 50s with hibs top, tracksuit btooms and a Hibs hat with badges on it...

His main offensive comments were about the fact he hopes they all die on the M8 back home and the Ibrox disaster was acceptable. There is no place for an idiot like this in our support and I find this a terrible comment to make...I know every support has idiots like this and if anyone knows him then please get him told!

Also the song about Kenny Miller and kids is also unacceptable....Im all for banter but this was disgusting"!!!Did you report it to a Steward or Police ..?

Judas Iscariot
27-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Sorry, I was a tad annoyed..

matty_f
27-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Did you report it to a Steward or Police ..?

Probably best to just stick it on hibs.net and hope for the best...

MUSSI LEE
27-12-2009, 04:40 PM

His main offensive comments were about the fact he hopes they all die on the M8 back home and the Ibrox disaster was acceptable. There is no place for an idiot like this in our support and I find this a terrible comment to make...I know every support has idiots like this and if anyone knows him then please get him told

Also the song about Kenny Miller and kids is also unacceptable....Im all for banter but this was disgusting"!!!dont go into the cashie corner then :greengrin oh and mr miller deserves all the abuse he gets or being a greeting faced hun the guys a tossers :agree:

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2009, 04:41 PM
My moneys on John Campbell.

ArabHibee
27-12-2009, 04:42 PM
The old boy sitting beside me yesterday at the United game was coming out with some belters as well, mostly racist I might add.

What can you do? :dunno:

WHUHibs
27-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Did you report it to a Steward or Police ..?

There were no police or stewards near and probably should have found one,,,just bought half season tickets near him so will do so next time..but I am sure people near that area heard him and perhaps if everyone is vigilant we can do something about it next time.

I am proud to be a Hibs supporter and people like him in my opinion do not deserve to be!

Hainan Hibs
27-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Should've just chucked a prawn sandwich at him:agree:

MSK
Probably best to just stick it on hibs.net and hope for the best...Aye ..if it aint Maka it sure is a .netter ..

matty_f
There were no police or stewards near and probably should have found one,,,just bought half season tickets near him so will do so next time..but I am sure people near that area heard him and perhaps if everyone is vigilant we can do something about it next time.

I am proud to be a Hibs supporter and people like him in my opinion do not deserve to be!

How the hell can you not find polis or stewards at a Hibs v Rangers game, in the East?? :dunno:

WHUHibs
27-12-2009, 04:45 PM
dont go into the cashie corner then :greengrin oh and mr miller deserves all the abuse he gets or being a greeting faced hun the guys a tossers :agree:

so you think its right to sing a song about him absuing children?

Ex player, grew up as a Hibby, plays for our country??? I like to barrack former players who doesnt but that is NOT ACCEPTABLE END OF!

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2009, 04:45 PM
The boy sitting next to me on the sofa was picking his nose all through the first half. To be fair, after i told his wife, he never did it again.

WHUHibs
27-12-2009, 04:47 PM
How the hell can you not find polis or stewards at a Hibs v Rangers game, in the East?? :dunno:

Coz they were preoccupied catching the scoundrels throwing snowballs from behind the wall!:wink:

MUSSI LEE
27-12-2009, 04:47 PM

I am proud to be a Hibs supporter and people like him in my opinion do not deserve to be!aye and the guy in question has most likely have followed hibs for over 40 years and no it doesnt make it ok however the hun fans were just as bad so stuff miller.and you will hear even worse next week if you dont like that move to some were more quite :dummytit:

WHUHibs
27-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Aye ..if it aint Maka it sure is a .netter ..:faf:

MUSSI LEE
27-12-2009, 04:48 PM

Ex player, grew up as a Hibby, plays for our country??? I like to barrack former players who doesnt but that is NOT ACCEPTABLE END OF!
aye and so were a other 40 or 50 hibs fans :grr:

H18sry
27-12-2009, 04:49 PM
The old boy sitting beside me yesterday at the United game was coming out with some belters as well, mostly racist I might add.

Stop going to watch Dundee Hibernians :devil:

greenlex
27-12-2009, 04:50 PM
The boy sitting next to me on the sofa was picking his nose all through the first half. To be fair, after i told his wife, he never did it again.
What type, colour and size did he settle for?

hibeeleicester
sorry about that, emotions got the best of me.

MSK

Ex player, grew up as a Hibby, plays for our country??? I like to barrack former players who doesnt but that is NOT ACCEPTABLE END OF!So at the end of the day ..right or wrong ..you sat on your arse & done nowt ..nae point now bleating aboot it on a message board is it ..?

EasterRoad4Ever

Also the song about Kenny Miller and kids is also unacceptable....Im all for banter but this was disgusting"!!!

IMHO this forum is not the place for naming and shaming fellow Hibs fans. I'm not in the least bit condoning anything the guy said or saying that you are wrong to be disgusted, but this is the thin end of the wedge if we start this kind of thread. If you have a problem with a fellow supporter you either need to be big enough to raise it at the game or speak to a Steward if it warrants it. What fan has not said anything they didn't immediately regret or on reflection wish they hadn't ? If this guy continually does this, or if it is completely out of order, then report him and let the authorities deal with him.

TheMentalHibees
27-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Did anybody else notice what looked like a steward in amongst the Hun support? Singing along and doing the bouncy? Probably just one of their "fans" wearing a florescent yellow jacket, but it sure looked like a steward to me.

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2009, 04:52 PM
What type, colour and size did he settle for?

I couldn't see, they were too quickly dispatched into him mouth, for me to get a good look.

sleeping giant
27-12-2009, 04:53 PM

Join in :dunno:

Nutter !

WHUHibs
27-12-2009, 04:55 PM
aye and the guy in question has most likely have followed hibs for over 40 years and no it doesnt make it ok however the hun fans were just as bad so stuff miller.and you will hear even worse next week if you dont like that move to some were more quite :dummytit:

I have been in the EAST for 20 years,,so you dont have to tell me Im wrong,,,yes I might hear worse but its not acceptable...Im been home and away with Hibs and through the good and bad,,,,still dont think its acceptable but when you grow up you might agree!

ArabHibee
27-12-2009, 04:55 PM
I didn't realise until I read your post again that you were in the East.

I'm not condoning what the boy was shouting but the East stand is well renowned for the 'banter' so to speak. And if you are quite near to the away end there is every chance that this guy won't be in the same place next game as it's a bit of a free for all at that end of the East, where you just pick a seat and stand on it.

If you are that easily offended, I would suggest moving to the family orientated Famous Five or the West to join the prawn sandwich and tartan rug brigade. Just a thought.

WHUHibs
27-12-2009, 04:58 PM
IMHO this forum is not the place for naming and shaming fellow Hibs fans. I'm not in the least bit condoning anything the guy said or saying that you are wrong to be disgusted, but this is the thin end of the wedge if we start this kind of thread. If you have a problem with a fellow supporter you either need to be big enough to raise it at the game or speak to a Steward if it warrants it. What fan has not said anything they didn't immediately regret or on reflection wish they hadn't ? If this guy continually does this, or if it is completely out of order, then report him and let the authorities deal with him.

Correct me if Im wrong this is a Hibs net forum......that means discussing anything to do with Hibs,,,,or do we ban discussion about everything apart from the team...Hibs is a community and therefore its right we point out what is right and wrong in fans behavior or do we just slag off opposition fans....
I do agree that the stewards should handle this with the Police but again forums are for posting information and awareness and perhaps by mentioning this then people can be aware,,,after all we should also police ourselves!

MUSSI LEE
27-12-2009, 04:58 PM
I have been in the EAST for 20 years,,so you dont have to tell me Im wrong,,,yes I might hear worse but its not acceptable...Im been home and away with Hibs and through the good and bad,,,,still dont think its acceptable but when you grow up you might agree!right ill bring a prawn sandwich to hearts game for you free of charge :faf: and just for the record ive followed hibs a lot longer than you however lets end this get of your bum and sing your heart against the ****bos next week :cool2:

WHUHibs
27-12-2009, 05:01 PM

I'm not condoning what the boy was shouting but the East stand is well renowned for the 'banter' so to speak. And if you are quite near to the away end there is every chance that this guy won't be in the same place next game as it's a bit of a free for all at that end of the East, where you just pick a seat and stand on it.

If you are that easily offended, I would suggest moving to the family orientated Famous Five or the West to join the prawn sandwich and tartan rug brigade. Just a thought.

Thanks for the advice but having also been all over England with West Ham as well I have seen both the good and the bad,,,,happy with the East as its livley,,,just feel that today that was overstepping the mark...Im not easily offended and neither is my family,,,,but the tartan rug and prawn sandwiches are not for me:wink:

WHUHibs
27-12-2009, 05:02 PM
right ill bring a prawn sandwich to hearts game for you free of charge :faf: and just for the record ive followed hibs a lot longer than you however lets end this get of your bum and sing your heart against the ****bos next week :cool2:

providing your mum lets you out happy to get the sandwich from you:greengrin

MUSSI LEE
27-12-2009, 05:04 PM
providing your mum lets you out happy to get the sandwich from you:greengrincorrect lets get over today and hopefully beat saints and the **** :thumbsup:

EasterRoad4Ever
27-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Correct me if Im wrong this is a Hibs net forum......that means discussing anything to do with Hibs,,,,or do we ban discussion about everything apart from the team...Hibs is a community and therefore its right we point out what is right and wrong in fans behavior or do we just slag off opposition fans....
I do agree that the stewards should handle this with the Police but again forums are for posting information and awareness and perhaps by mentioning this then people can be aware,,,after all we should also police ourselves!

So say I take a dislike to you, know where you sit at the match and then start publishing all sorts about you - whether they are true or not ? How would you feel about that and how would you defend yourself? The solution is to raise it with the stewards at the time and let them deal with it. By all means if your want to have a pop at certain Hibs fans, fill your boots, but there are obvious issues and dangers in stating actual seat numbers - particularly if you get it wrong or the occupant changes from game to game.

WHUHibs
27-12-2009, 05:22 PM
So say I take a dislike to you, know where you sit at the match and then start publishing all sorts about you - whether they are true or not ? How would you feel about that and how would you defend yourself? The solution is to raise it with the stewards at the time and let them deal with it. By all means if your want to have a pop at certain Hibs fans, fill your boots, but there are obvious issues and dangers in stating actual seat numbers - particularly if you get it wrong or the occupant changes from game to game.

Fair comment,,,,but I had hoped that if the people around this number recognises who it is then people can watch out for him....I dont think thats unreasonable......and yes he can be reported to Stewards..

MSK
27-12-2009, 05:30 PM
tamigWrong thread Tamig ..your looking for the hibs.net who am i thread ... :wink:

WHUHibs
27-12-2009, 05:38 PM
tamig

Is this an anagram?:wink:

lucky
27-12-2009, 05:43 PM

I find it acceptable for you to be an Internet bully. You are making claims against an individual on here but cant substantiate.

Andy74
27-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Speak up at the time or forget it! A bit cowardly this approach!

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Speak up at the time or forget it! A bit cowardly this approach!

I did, his wife gave him a right slap.

Andy74
27-12-2009, 05:52 PM

Well deserved I'm sure!

RickyS
27-12-2009, 05:52 PM

with the East, I think you have to accept a few things, you have to stand up a lot. the flush at the urinal is a tap above your heed. you MUST have a Jimmy White before you leave the house and you WILL hear and see things you dont agree with, but hey we are all different and we all have reasons for disliking a club or player.
a call to the ticket office will get you sorted. you said you are an East stand regular? perhaps you could change your half seasons to an area you know better?

MSK
27-12-2009, 06:08 PM
with the East, I think you have to accept a few things, you have to stand up a lot. the flush at the urinal is a tap above your heed. you MUST have a Jimmy White before you leave the house and you WILL hear and see things you dont agree with, but hey we are all different and we all have reasons for disliking a club or player.
a call to the ticket office will get you sorted. you said you are an East stand regular? perhaps you could change your half seasons to an area you know better?Utter bollox !! who the hell are you ..the spokesman for the East "Standites" ?...listen tae this guy ..:faf:...gie yersel a shake son ...:greengrin

My question to you ..what are you gonna do when the new East stand is built ...?..in reading the above ..your fekked mate ..:greengrin

tamig
27-12-2009, 06:34 PM

Hi. Tried to reply to this when I was in pub after game but couldn't log on for some reason.

Haven't read any other posts other than your OP. You have to realise that the Hun are a different breed. When the guy you're trying to "out" came out with his comments, it's probably stuff that was echoed throughout the ground. Rangers fans are the **** of the earth - get over it. They are horrible people and imo, they deserve all that comes their way. Kenny Miller is a cheat. I never heard the song you mention (I'm in the middle of the East) so not sure what you're getting at there.

Rangers are the most disgusting set of fans on Earth. They are **** - pure and simple. Please try to get real and accept that "exchanges" between supports do happen. I can't believe you're having a witch-hunt against a fellow Hibby when there is so much poison emanating from the away end.

Get a grip. :bitchy:

RickyS
27-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Utter bollox !! who the hell are you ..the spokesman for the East "Standites" ?...listen tae this guy ..:faf:...gie yersel a shake son ...:greengrin

My question to you ..what are you gonna do when the new East stand is built ...?..in reading the above ..your fekked mate ..:greengrin

did I offend you?:yawn: thought my answer was light hearted. wisnae havin a go at the guy like others did!

PS what is a "Standite"?

BroxburnHibee
27-12-2009, 06:46 PM

Thats completely different from what you first posted. By all means put your point across about something you didn't like but..................

Naming & Shaming :bitchy: No chance.

PS.....It wisnae me :greengrin

Www1875hfc
27-12-2009, 06:46 PM

FFS you must have lead a sheltered life..Wait till the hearts come tae easter rd, you will be left sittin on yer jack jones :yawn:

Hibby 2005
27-12-2009, 06:47 PM
The East is a law unto itself!

GreenCastle
27-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Anyone see the snowballs being chucked into the huns end at half time ?

:faf:

Think they were coming from behind the East ?

MSK
27-12-2009, 06:51 PM
did I offend you?:yawn:ME ?..no ..just your bumming up of the East ..i was an Easty for years ..loved it but its now past its sell by date ..sooner its flattened the better ...:agree:

I'm_cabbaged
27-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Being a Catholic, how much do you think I was offended today? Nae need to start with our fans!!
As someone said, how are you going to take the hertz game? :confused:

vahibbie
27-12-2009, 06:55 PM

Any slippers involved:devil:

RickyS
27-12-2009, 07:01 PM
ME ?..no ..just your bumming up of the East ..i was an Easty for years ..loved it but its now past its sell by date ..sooner its flattened the better ...:agree:

couldnae agree more, but I was not bumming anything up, was only makin the point that if you dont like certain things then you can move, like you did.
cant wait for the new stand, if im allowed in:greengrin

MSK
27-12-2009, 07:08 PM
couldnae agree more, but I was not bumming anything up, was only makin the point that if you dont like certain things then you can move, like you did.
cant wait for the new stand, if im allowed in:greengrinI felt the same when i moved from East to FF...massive culture change ...i only moved because they had a bar !!!!!! :party: ...:greengrin

judas
27-12-2009, 07:10 PM

What you are saying about this situation is correct and rational (but possibly beyond the mental capacity of some posters on here it seems).

It is one of the reasons why I am reluctant to take my own 3 year old son to the games. The idea of taking the wee man and finding myself next to a slavering ape with the brain capacity of algae, is simply not an option.

ArabHibee
27-12-2009, 07:12 PM
What you are saying about this situation is correct and rational (but possibly beyond the mental capacity of some posters on here it seems).

It is one of the reasons why I am reluctant to take my own 3 year old son to the games. The idea of taking the wee man and finding myself next to a slavering ape with the brain capacity of algae, is simply not an option.

Think you'd be safe to take him to the West Upper tbh.

Fantic
27-12-2009, 07:13 PM

Hear that at every Hibs Rangers game mate. If your a regular in the East i can't believe you would be shocked.

Jonnyboy
27-12-2009, 07:17 PM
My moneys on John Campbell.

I thought it was me too until I realised I was sitting in the West today and wouldn't dream of shouting such bile :agree:

judas
27-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Thats completely different from what you first posted. By all means put your point across about something you didn't like but..................

Naming & Shaming :bitchy: No chance.

PS.....It wisnae me :greengrin

I would name and shame the guy in a flash if I knew who it was. In fact, I might even try and find out and then do just that.

You see, where I come from, singing about kids being abused and people being killed on the M8 is, well, to be honest, pretty ****uing unnacceptable.

Things different in Broxburn?

Hibs On Tour
27-12-2009, 07:19 PM

To add to this, KM has never said a bad word about the Hibs to the best of my knowledge and have been out with him a few times - no airs and graces or thinking he's a big-time charlie. KM is fair enough guy in my book and doesn't deserve the vilification that some ex-players do.

tamig
27-12-2009, 07:22 PM

Spot on! :agree:

judas
27-12-2009, 07:22 PM

You're right again.

But your suggestion that hibs.net could be used to raise awareness and post information is possibly too advanced.

You see, like other football forums, hibs.net likes to cover that same gound over and over. Everything goes round in a big cycle. You come back here in 6 months and only the names will change.

BroxburnHibee
27-12-2009, 07:23 PM
I would name and shame the guy in a flash if I knew who it was. In fact, I might even try and find out and then do just that.

You see, where I come from, singing about kids being abused and people being killed on the M8 is, well, to be honest, pretty ****uing unnacceptable.

Things different in Broxburn?

Dinnae be a smartarse eh.

We don't allow threads that target other posters - no matter what they've done.

Personally I wouldn't be happy about someone singing stuff like that but posting it on here wouldn't be top of my list of priorities.

Greenblood70
27-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Miller is a wee cheating hun mutant ******* and desrves everything he gets.

That vermin were chanting their usual bile all game, but i don't see you mention them.

Unbelievable.

Jonnyboy
27-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Think you'd be safe to take him to the West Upper tbh.

I'm not so sure - couple of loud mouthed apes a few rows behind me likesae :greengrin

judas
27-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Being a Catholic, how much do you think I was offended today? Nae need to start with our fans!!
As someone said, how are you going to take the hertz game? :confused:

Eh?!?!?!

Hibs On Tour
27-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Roll on the halycon days of the future when Japan-esque we merely sit on our hands, no singing, no chanting, no winding-up-of-fans-or-players, no ****ing fun whatsoever and just a polite ripple of applause when a goal is scored [for either team]. Ah... what a happy day in pc-land that will be. It will also be the day I say cheerio to fitbaw for ever!

Fantic
27-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Eh?!?!?!

What are you on?

MSK
27-12-2009, 07:35 PM
You're right again.

But your suggestion that hibs.net could be used to raise awareness and post information is possibly too advanced.

You see, like other football forums, hibs.net likes to cover that same gound over and over. Everything goes round in a big cycle. You come back here in 6 months and only the names will change.You are obviously very ignorant or very naive..if you care to open your eyes you will see or read that hibs.net as a site is very active in various initiatives, most contributing financially to hibs or hibs youth, thanks mostly to posters/regular users who take the time & financial effort to do so ..

That at the very least seperates us from just "any other football forum"..a forum that you yourself use freely at your will ..

judas
27-12-2009, 07:51 PM
You are obviously very ignorant or very naive..if you care to open your eyes you will see or read that hibs.net as a site is very active in various initiatives, most contributing financially to hibs or hibs youth, thanks mostly to posters/regular users who take the time & financial effort to do so ..

That at the very least seperates us from just "any other football forum"..a forum that you yourself use freely at your will ..

But not so ignorant as to accept or trivialise songs about child abuse or M8 pile ups.

As for the fantastic initiatives you talk off, I certainly see nothing which attempts to isolate those who would spew sickening insults at a game.

ArabHibee
27-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Roll on the halycon days of the future when Japan-esque we merely sit on our hands, no singing, no chanting, no winding-up-of-fans-or-players, no ****ing fun whatsoever and just a polite ripple of applause when a goal is scored [for either team]. Ah... what a happy day in pc-land that will be. It will also be the day I say cheerio to fitbaw for ever!

Is that not what happens at the rugby?

ArabHibee
27-12-2009, 07:54 PM
But not so ignorant as to accept or trivialise songs about child abuse or M8 pile ups.

As for the fantastic initiatives you talk off, I certainly see nothing which attempts to isolate those who would spew sickening insults at a game.

I think you should go to the rugby if you are easily offended.

BroxburnHibee
27-12-2009, 07:55 PM

Where do we accept or trivialise :confused:

I've already posted I'm happy for the discussion to take place - but naming people where to be fair we can't be sure of the facts - would surely leave the site open to all manners of legal action.

MSK
27-12-2009, 08:00 PM

As for the fantastic initiatives you talk off, I certainly see nothing which attempts to isolate those who would spew sickening insults at a game.What happens at games is out of our remit as you well know ..please dont drag things into your wee fantasy world as it has absolutley nothing to do with hibs.net ..

Hibs On Tour
27-12-2009, 08:00 PM

I've already posted I'm happy for the discussion to take place - but naming people where to be fair we can't be sure of the facts - would surely leave the site open to all manners of legal action.

Exactly. This is a forum. A place for discussion. Debate to your hearts content but its not a place to start righting society's wrongs or for starting legal proceedings against people for alledged infringments of certain people's sensibilities.

If yer that incensed in the first place, have the stanes you were born with and tell a steward or a bizzie. Better still, go and pull up the perpetrator yourself instead of being an internet warrior eh?

murray26
27-12-2009, 08:06 PM
If some people get there wish ER will be like your local library, if your getting to old for noise or atmophere maybe you should find something else to do with your time, i reckon if ER was populated with fans such as Russain Hibby i would stop going, i love singing at the Football but it seems some people would rather have there back teeth pulled out before they would sing.

Saorsa
27-12-2009, 08:12 PM

Also the song about Kenny Miller and kids is also unacceptable....Im all for banter but this was disgusting"!!!Who gives a ******, hun *****

7Hero
27-12-2009, 08:16 PM

is that the best you can do..

MGmick
27-12-2009, 08:20 PM

There's some quite good advice for you on this thread but if I could just add a bit my own......... Why don't you STF (not Sir Tom) Up.
So what if some Hibbies were spouting some bile and venom at them? It in no way made up for the lack of either shown by "our hero's" today.

Killiehibbie
27-12-2009, 08:21 PM

If you have a problem with someones language tell them to shut it or report them at the time. Don't come on here and try to get some kind of posse up to try and run him out of town. It's a football match against the most obnoxious people on earth and some guys get worked up.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
27-12-2009, 09:01 PM
I got quite upset by some of the songs the Huns were singing.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
27-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Really quite hurtful. And I'm not even religious

Ed De Gramo
27-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Wrong thread Tamig ..your looking for the hibs.net who am i thread ... :wink:

I just had visions of Tamig shouting his name like 'Timmy' :greengrin

Ed De Gramo
27-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Who gives a ******, hun *****

Do you sit/stand in Row P :greengrin:faf:

.Sean.
27-12-2009, 09:18 PM
What a boring ****ing thread :yawn: Unfortunately i'm predicting a 10 pager.

So, a Hibbie was chanting things you deem unacceptable in the East? You must've been outraged the Huns were singing sectarian pish for 90 minutes. Did you complain to stewards/polis about that?

Why didn't you just have a quiet word with at the game him instead of trying to find his name and embarass him on an internet forum?

HarpyHibby
27-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Anyone see the snowballs being chucked into the huns end at half time ?

Think they were coming from behind the East ?

Aye :greengrin :devil:

I'm_cabbaged
27-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Eh?!?!?!

Did you hear some of the songs they bigots were singing?

Saorsa
27-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Do you sit/stand in Row P :greengrin:faf:Naw, row N son but no usually there, standing up the back is better :agree:

libernian
28-12-2009, 02:27 AM
having read this thread from start to finish now, i must say that i do see what russian hibs is saying in that saying stuff like that - especially ibrox disaster - isnt really on and i think russian hibs has explained that he likes a song too, but when it gets to that level it is quite distasteful especially when kids etc are around.

i personally have no problem with this myself (infact i love the atmosphere in the east) but can see where he and judas are coming from.

althought i dont agree with "naminig and shaming" him (and russia hibs probs didnt mean that literally to be fair), i think askin to see if this guys around a lot etc, generally raising the point about unnacceptable behaviour (in his opinion) is fair one, no?

also, as for the internet hard man comments, surely your not gonna go straight up to some lunatic who shouts that kind of drivel and challenge what he's saying when your with family. its an easy thing to say is "go have a word with him" but to be fair when with family is a bit different when your yourself or with pals.

anyway, my advice would just be to ignore the guy.

Speedy
28-12-2009, 03:27 AM
Someone shouted that he hoped they all crashed in the FF lower too...:devil:

Best shout of the day was when McCulloch(I think) was down. "Stay doon, sh**e's good for the grass".

If anyone knows who shouted this then please pass his name to the proper authorities so he can be congratulated.

Jack
28-12-2009, 07:57 AM
1. The East is not a family stand, if you take your family there you should know what to expect - unfamily stuff.
2. That said some of the chants from the East make us no better than the low life in the away stand. I think too many join in without thinking too much or maybe not at all, the herd mentality. Some folk try to justify it by saying they pay their money, 'its at a football match'. Not much of an excuse in an otherwise civilised society.

Peevemor
28-12-2009, 08:18 AM
You're right again.

You see, like other football forums, hibs.net likes to cover that same gound over and over. Everything goes round in a big cycle. You come back here in 6 months and only the names will change.

Unfortunately yours is still here. :trumpet:

macca70
28-12-2009, 11:02 AM
I was in the row behind and saw/heard the guy you're on about.

He's 1 of the characters of the terracing that's there every week.

If you've been going for 20 years, surprises me you've never experienced 1 of his rants before.

If your going to take your family, maybe the terracing isn't the most ideal area to be watching the game from. The young laddie in front of me, I'm assuming was with you, was clearly not interested in watching or couldnae see as everyone was standing on the seats.

If you've just bought half seasons for there, probs best you approach Hibs about moving seats as it's going to be like that for all the cat A games.

Littlest Hobo
28-12-2009, 11:32 AM
If I was to report something everytime I've heard something racist or out of order being shouted or chanted at the football, I think the Polis would probably end up locking me up :devil::greengrin:thumbsup:

the happy hibee
28-12-2009, 11:58 AM

I think you will find that kenny grew up a rangers fan as kid he only started to get feelings for hibs when he played for us and still has a lot of liking of us to this day! Reason i know this i was his best mate at school! Mind you maybe not so much now with the shocking song the so called "fantastic east stand fans" sang yesterday! from the happy hibee son colin!

Malthibby
28-12-2009, 12:03 PM
1. The East is not a family stand, if you take your family there you should know what to expect - unfamily stuff.
2. That said some of the chants from the East make us no better than the low life in the away stand. I think too many join in without thinking too much or maybe not at all, the herd mentality. Some folk try to justify it by saying they pay their money, 'its at a football match'. Not much of an excuse in an otherwise civilised society.
Today 04:27 AM Jack

Completely agree with this. :agree::agree:
GG

judas
28-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Yes. Listen to Killie Hibs.

They are the most obnoxious supporters there are, so hey, feel free to sing about M8 pile ups and child abuse.

'course, you could have tackled the nutcase on the terraces, with your kids watching. The fact the guy may have decked you in front of them is of little relevance. The stewards might even have kicked you both out so you could fight it out like men ootside.

Where do hibs.net get these guys?

Frazerbob
28-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Must admit I'm no fan of the "beast" song that has been targeted at Presley previously and Papac yesterday (then Miller after he dived). What makes these guys beasts anyway? Is it simply their long hair? Very odd! A bit like the old Richard Gough chant of yester year.

Also, any shouts or chants regarding the Ibrox (or any other) disaster are completely and utterly out of order and those involved are no better than the complete filth in the South Stand yesterday. If it happened near me I'd have words (and probably moan about it on here TBH :wink:).

Give the opposition pelters but lets not lower ourselves to the same level as the bigots or the Section N punters at the Pink Place.

marinello59
28-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Must admit I'm no fan of the "beast" song that has been targeted at Presley previously and Papac yesterday (then Miller after he dived). What makes these guys beasts anyway? Is it simply their long hair? Very odd! A bit like the old Richard Gough chant of yester year.

Also, any shouts or chants regarding the Ibrox (or any other) disaster are completely and utterly out of order and those involved are no better than the complete filth in the South Stand yesterday. If it happened near me I'd have words (and probably moan about it on here TBH :wink:).

Give the opposition pelters but lets not lower ourselves to the same level as the bigots or the Section N punters at the Pink Place.

:top marks

Killiehibbie
28-12-2009, 01:51 PM

They are the most obnoxious supporters there are, so hey, feel free to sing about M8 pile ups and child abuse.

'course, you could have tackled the nutcase on the terraces, with your kids watching. The fact the guy may have decked you in front of them is of little relevance. The stewards might even have kicked you both out so you could fight it out like men ootside.

Nothing more likely to make sure you get up and leather him than wife and children watching. Probably safer just to say nothing and just come on here and moan about it.

Kaiser_Sauzee
28-12-2009, 02:05 PM

Yawn.

The East Stand superiority complex trully is baffling. I've had a season ticket in there for years but I don't feel more 'hardcore' than anyone else. Anyone who defines themselves by the stand they sit in needs more depth in their life. Maybe take up a hobby.

Kaiser_Sauzee
28-12-2009, 02:08 PM
I think you will find that kenny grew up a rangers fan as kid he only started to get feelings for hibs when he played for us and still has a lot of liking of us to this day! Reason i know this i was his best mate at school! Mind you maybe not so much now with the shocking song the so called "fantastic east stand fans" sang yesterday! from the happy hibee son colin!

You should get your own user name. Takes seconds.

Wilson
28-12-2009, 03:25 PM
Wh You must've been outraged the Huns were singing sectarian pish for 90 minutes. Did you complain to stewards/polis about that?

It was the stewards and the polis that were leading the singing...

Anyway, it wasn't John Campbell. The OP said he was only in his 50s - a young whipper snapper next to JC.

Phil D. Rolls
28-12-2009, 03:28 PM
aye and the guy in question has most likely have followed hibs for over 40 years and no it doesnt make it ok however the hun fans were just as bad so stuff miller.and you will hear even worse next week if you dont like that move to some were more quite :dummytit:

Sorry matey, this is 2009, and it's people like you who are in the minority. The world moved on while you were sleeping. You'll probably find that it's you who will be moving if you continue to think that Hate is acceptable at the footy.

They have laws against that |I'm afraid. Shame it had to come to that, but some people seem incapable of grasping the fundamentals.

By the way, how do you move somewhere else at an all ticket game? It's posts like this that make you embarassed to be a Hibs supporter. Sheer, unadulterated ignorance. No doubt I'll read worse.

soda70
28-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Also the song about Kenny Miller and kids is also unacceptable....Im all for banter but this was disgusting"!!![/QUOTE]

totally agree with what you have posted, some fans need to get a grip, banter is all good and well, but some take it too far.. mindless stupidity :agree:

ArabHibee
28-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Sorry matey, this is 2009, and it's people like you who are in the minority. The world moved on while you were sleeping. You'll probably find that it's you who will be moving if you continue to think that Hate is acceptable at the footy.

They have laws against that |I'm afraid. Shame it had to come to that, but some people seem incapable of grasping the fundamentals.

By the way, how do you move somewhere else at an all ticket game? It's posts like this that make you embarassed to be a Hibs supporter. Sheer, unadulterated ignorance. No doubt I'll read worse.

To be honest that's a pretty easy thing to do in the East stand.

ArabHibee
28-12-2009, 05:18 PM
Yawn.

The East Stand superiority complex trully is baffling. I've had a season ticket in there for years but I don't feel more 'hardcore' than anyone else. Anyone who defines themselves by the stand they sit in needs more depth in their life. Maybe take up a hobby.

Not sure what your problem is with my post. Especially when the OP says he has been a season ticket holder in the East for over 20 years. There was no 'superiority complex' in my post. I just don't understand what he is moaning about, knowing that this sort of thing happens in the East Stand especially at the end nearest the away support. That doesn't make it right or acceptable but its a fact. FACT!

The_Horde
28-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Today 04:27 AM Jack

Completely agree with this. :agree::agree:
GG

I wouldn't even say there is a lot of it anymore.

Probably why its deed, if i want to be quiet at the fitbaw i'll sit in the west stand where i can see the whole pitch too and probably sing a bit more if recent matches are anything to go by.

joejoefaemexico
28-12-2009, 05:25 PM

:blah:

get a grip of yourself. giving opposing teams/ players/ fans abuse has been part of football for many a year mate. we are hardly going round miller's neighbourhood putting up posters outing him as a beast. its harmless.

2 options. ear plugs or watch it on the telly.

it was wet enough yesterday without your tears flooding the terracing.

Phil D. Rolls
28-12-2009, 06:07 PM

get a grip of yourself. giving opposing teams/ players/ fans abuse has been part of football for many a year mate. we are hardly going round miller's neighbourhood putting up posters outing him as a beast. its harmless.

I would say the abuse in the modern game is a lot worse than it was 20 years ago. There was banter, but some of the stuff now is beyond the pail. There have to be boundaries.

marinello59
28-12-2009, 06:10 PM

Sorry, have to disagree with that. Calling somebody a paedophile for no other reason than to be as offensive as possible is going too far. How can we condemn the bigot brothers for their bile if we behave in exactly the same way? It isn't harmless, it's just plain wrong.

Www1875hfc
28-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Sorry, have to disagree with that. Calling somebody a paedophile for no other reason than to be as offensive as possible is going too far. How can we condemn the bigot brothers for their bile if we behave in exactly the same way? It isn't harmless, it's just plain wrong.

Wait till you hear the hearts end on the 3rd o january then singing about zemmama?

CropleyWasGod
28-12-2009, 06:29 PM

Option 3. Challenge it. There's no place for that kind of stuff, not in my life, and not at the football club I support.

CropleyWasGod
28-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Wait till you hear the hearts end on the 3rd o january then singing about zemmama?

That, I'm afraid, is the defence that the Old Firm fans use all the time. "They do it, so we have to do it back to them."

We are better than that.

Sometimes.

marinello59
28-12-2009, 06:30 PM

And there will be plenty on here condemning it as sick, vile and totally out of order. Which it is.

jabis
28-12-2009, 06:40 PM
And there will be plenty on here condemning it as sick, vile and totally out of order. Which it is.

:top marks

:kettle:

:dummytit:,the lot of them.AND they try to drag the rest of us down to the're level :grr:

BroxburnHibee
28-12-2009, 07:04 PM

I think you can see hypocrisy in all aspects of life

Don't know why you think this is a dotnet problem :confused:

Certainly seems to be something bugging you about the place.

hibeemark
28-12-2009, 07:25 PM

Correct. :top marks

Football songs are specifically designed to be offensive... to opposing fans! I'd thoroughly recommend Ian Black's excellent book "Two Andy Gorams", which catalogues Scotland's favourite football anthems. What becomes clear is that no subject is taboo, and while there is never any genuine malice intended, any of the songs could be offensive to someone.

"Two Andy Gorams" itself could have offended those suffering from skitsofrenia and their families. It's probably making a mockery of mental illness. But it's okay, because it was only a joke, and when we describe these songs (and indeed the many comments shouted at the pitch) as "banter", we are effectively saying that they are not meant to be taken seriously by anyone.

Whenever you walk outside your front door, there is always going to be the chance that something or somebody will offend you, because everyone's different - we are not all offended by the same things, and surely it's a bit unreasonable to expect everybody to conform to our own standards?

There are many things people say and do at the football, that I personally wouldn't do myself. But having chosen to sit and watch the game with 15,000 strangers, I accept a little tolerance is in order. Hopefully they will be as tolerant if I do something to upset them.

Which is really what it's all about - you tolerate my singing, and I tolerate your kids screaming in my ear or the smell of your burger, because it takes all sorts, and we all have different backgrounds, different values. The Hibs fanbase are not just one big homogeneous mass; it's made up of individuals.

On matchday, we put aside these differences, and watch the game together. Things other folk do at the match, don't even bother me anymore - instead I greet it with a wry smile, as I know it'll make a good story afterwards. In that sense, being amongst so many different people, with different standards of behaviour, enriches the experience.

What's the alternative? We ban anything that could be considered offensive. Would that really work? I think it's human nature that someone somewhere will always be offended by something. We'll always find something to moan about. Especially in Edinburgh! It's practically a character trait for us. :faf:

I'll repeat what I said a few weeks ago regarding sectarian singing - someone being offended (whether it's because of disgust, or shame, or whatever) is simply not enough of a good reason to ban or censor. There must be actual harm caused ie a tangible link between the singing/comments and for example resultant prejudice or violence.

Having your sensibilities offended is normal in life, and really the only way to avoid it is by either by becoming a hermit (ie watch the game at home)... or by learning to be more tolerant of others' behaviour. I know which makes more sense to me. :wink:

marinello59
28-12-2009, 07:30 PM

Football songs are specifically designed to be offensive... to opposing fans! I'd thoroughly recommend Ian Black's excellent book "Two Andy Gorams", which catalogues Scotland's favourite football anthems. What becomes clear is that no subject is taboo, and while there is never any genuine malice intended, any of the songs could be offensive to someone.

"Two Andy Gorams" itself could have offended those suffering from skitsofrenia and their families. It's probably making a mockery of mental illness. But it's okay, because it was only a joke, and when we describe these songs (and indeed the many comments shouted at the pitch) as "banter", we are effectively saying that they are not meant to be taken seriously by anyone.

Whenever you walk outside your front door, there is always going to be the chance that something or somebody will offend you, because everyone's different - we are not all offended by the same things, and surely it's a bit unreasonable to expect everybody to conform to our own standards?

There are many things people say and do at the football, that I personally wouldn't do myself. But having paid to sit and watch the game with 15,000 strangers, I accept a little tolerance is in order. Hopefully they will be as tolerant if I do something to upset them.

Which is really what it's all about - you tolerate my singing, and I tolerate your kids screaming in my ear or the smell of your burger, because it takes all sorts, and we all have different backgrounds, different values. The Hibs fanbase are not just one big homogeneous mass; it's made up of individuals.

On matchday, we put aside these differences, and watch the game together. Things other folk do at the match, don't even bother me anymore - instead I greet it with a wry smile, as I know it'll make a good story afterwards. In that sense, being amongst so many different people, with different standards of behaviour, enriches the experience.

What's the alternative? We ban anything that could be considered offensive. Would that really work? I think it's human nature that someone somewhere wiull always be offended by something. We'll always find something to moan about. Especially in Edinburgh! It's practically a character trait for us. :faf:

I'll repeat what I said a few weeks ago regarding sectarian singing - someone being offended (whether it's because of disgust, or shame, or whatever) is simply not enough of a good reason to ban or censor. There must be actual harm caused ie a tangible link between the singing/comments and for example resultant prejudice or violence.

Having your sensibilities offended is normal in life, and really the only way to avoid it is by either by becoming a hermit (ie watch the game at home)... or by learning to be more tolerant of others' behaviour. I know which makes more sense to me. :wink:

Sooooooooooooo................people can be as offensive as they want, it's up to the targets to deal with it? I am sure the Old Firm fans will adopt that as yet another excuse then.

CropleyWasGod
28-12-2009, 07:39 PM

:

And how do you know that there isn't? For example, the 50 year old woman who was belted before the game yesterday. How do you know that wasn't the result of some "offensive" singing?

And, of course, "actual harm" doesn't have to be physical.

hibeemark
28-12-2009, 07:47 PM
Sooooooooooooo................people can be as offensive as they want, it's up to the targets to deal with it? I am sure the Old Firm fans will adopt that as yet another excuse then.

I have yet to be convinced that the so-called "offense" caused by the Old Firm singing is anything more than sanctimony encouraged by tribal loyalty and the tabloid press.

Who are the "targets" you speak of? Aren't the targets actually opposing football fans who sing songs right back in the same spirit? :dunno:

sadtom
28-12-2009, 07:47 PM
I would say the abuse in the modern game is a lot worse than it was 20 years ago. There was banter, but some of the stuff now is beyond the pail. There have to be boundaries.

I dont think this is true.
Sectarian and racist songs/abuse is a lot less than it was (possibly even amongst the bigot bros).

Even relating to the subjects raised in this thread i give you

"Richard Gough child molester..."

"How many lived and how many died..."

There was also plenty of abuse about player personal lives, or appearance, or circumstance.
ie "Hamish Hamish wheres yer wife" (Or Robbo Robbo)
Davy Dods elephant man.
A host of songs after Johnny doyle died
"Johnny Doyle Zzzz Zzzz Zzz" "its my attic and i'll fry if i want to." "Johnny Doyle Yer a bright spark"

Or Bobby McKean
"where's yer Bobby gone? He left his engine on"

And thats just fae Hibs fans, and i would bet we were nowhere near the worst.

CropleyWasGod
28-12-2009, 07:53 PM
I have yet to be convinced that the so-called "offense" caused by the Old Firm singing is anything more than sanctimony encouraged by tribal loyalty and the tabloid press.

Who are the "targets" you speak of? Aren't the targets actually opposing football fans who sing songs right back in the same spirit? :dunno:

So the fact that I (and, judging by the Board, many others) find the Old Firm chants vile, pathetic and not fit for a modern, decent, society... in short, offensive, means that I am, in your eyes at least, sanctimonious?

marinello59
28-12-2009, 07:54 PM

Not always. Plenty of fans believe two wrongs don't make a right and behave accordingly.

hibeemark
28-12-2009, 07:55 PM
And how do you know that there isn't? For example, the 50 year old woman who was belted before the game yesterday. How do you know that wasn't the result of some "offensive" singing?

And, of course, "actual harm" doesn't have to be physical.

I don't. But if you claim that it was, it's up to you to prove your claim, not for me to disprove it. We don't just assume a link, without any evidence.

Of course "actual harm" doesn't need to be physical, but are you really telling me folk are going home from Easter Road traumatised because the East Stand called Kenny Miller a paedo, or the huns sang about fenian blood etc? :faf:

CropleyWasGod
28-12-2009, 07:58 PM
I don't. But if you claim that it was, it's up to you to prove your claim, not for me to disprove it. We don't just assume a link, without any evidence.

Of course "actual harm" doesn't need to be physical, but are you really telling me folk are going home from Easter Road traumatised because the East Stand called Kenny Miller a paedo, or the huns sang about fenian blood etc? :faf:

Traumatisation is extreme. I was more thinking about kids being exposed to things they might not necessarily encounter in the "real world", and older folk becoming disillusioned with the depravity of the human spirit. That's harm.

marinello59
28-12-2009, 08:01 PM

So now you resort to attempting to trivialise those who question your arguement by using the word 'traumatised' which nobody has claimed and adding a smiley. I eagerly await your 'gentrification' of football supporters line of defence.

CropleyWasGod
28-12-2009, 08:06 PM

:

No, it's the other way round. You claimed that there is no problem with "offensive" songs unless there is resultant harm. It's up to YOU to prove that claim.

Steve20
28-12-2009, 08:11 PM
It seems that some people find it unacceptable when the Old Firm sing their songs, but it is ok for Hibs fans to come out with vile crap like that.

Anyone that thinks its reasonable for that stuff to be shouted at a football match needs a serious word with themselves.

hibeemark
28-12-2009, 08:12 PM
Traumatisation is extreme. I was more thinking about kids being exposed to things they might not necessarily encounter in the "real world", and older folk becoming disillusioned with the depravity of the human spirit. That's harm.

So kids don't experience jokes about paedos and so on in the school playground? :faf:

As with what they are exposed to in the playground, and indeed the rest of the wide world (including Easter Road), it is the influence of good parenting at home that will have the biggest say in how it effects them.

And I totally sympathise with parents taking impressionable kids to the football. You just want them to enjoy the match, but you have all this stuff flung about between fans to contend with. Must be a nightmare at times, I imagine!

Really though, if we were going to make Easter Road completely family friendly we would be banning swearing and spitting etc, long before we banned singing archaic sectarian songs that have little meaning or context today amongst adults, never mind children.

CropleyWasGod
28-12-2009, 08:18 PM
So kids don't experience jokes about paedos and so on in the school playground? :faf:

As with what they are exposed to in the playground, and indeed the rest of the wide world (including Easter Road), it is the influence of good parenting at home that will have the biggest say in how it effects them.

And I totally sympathise with parents taking impressionable kids to the football. You just want them to enjoy the match, but you have all this stuff flung about between fans to contend with. Must be a nightmare at times, I imagine!

Really though, if we were going to make Easter Road completely family friendly we would be banning swearing and spitting etc, long before we banned singing archaic sectarian songs that have little meaning or context today amongst adults, never mind children.

You're at it again with your trivialising of counter-arguments with the use of smileys. I didn't say anything about jokes about paedos. However, outside the context of football, kids won't hear much, if anything, of the vileness that the Old Firm bring as baggage.

And, I didn't say anything about making it family-friendly either. That is not part of this particular argument. This argument is about unacceptable behaviour.

hibeemark
28-12-2009, 08:23 PM
So now you resort to attempting to trivialise those who question your arguement by using the word 'traumatised' which nobody has claimed and adding a smiley. I eagerly await your 'gentrification' of football supporters line of defence.

What harm then, does singing these songs do, if it doesn't traumatise anyone?

I expect is does about as much harm as telling a joke about Princess Di or the World Trade Centre (something americans do themselves). So yes, I do see it as trivial.

No, it's the other way round. You claimed that there is no problem with "offensive" songs unless there is resultant harm. It's up to YOU to prove that claim.

Innocent until proven guilty. The burden of proof lies with you. We don't assume everyone is guilty until they have proved themselves innocent do we?

No, we assume they are innocent, so therefore we can assume that these songs do no harm until evidence to the contrary is provided.

CropleyWasGod
28-12-2009, 08:26 PM

I expect is does about as much harm as telling a joke about Princess Di or the World Trade Centre (something americans do themselves). So yes, I do see it as trivial.

Innocent until proven guilty. The burden of proof lies with you. We don't assume everyone is guilty until they have proved themselves innocent do we?

No, we assume they are innocent, so therefore we can assume that these songs do no harm until evidence to the contrary is provided.

Ok, exhibit 1. The A and E departments of every hospital in West Central Scotland next Sunday evening.

hibeemark
28-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Ok, exhibit 1. The A and E departments of every hospital in West Central Scotland next Sunday evening.

Ban alcohol? :dunno:

Phil D. Rolls
29-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Interesting comments on child psychology on here, from people who know **** all about kids, and who will say anything just to be right. Stupid, stupid, stupid.:agree:

marinello59
29-12-2009, 08:53 AM

By your flawed logic monkey chants etc would still be acceptable inside our grounds. Are they trivial too? The fact they are not acceptable shows that football fans DO have limits.

lapsedhibee
29-12-2009, 09:07 AM

Definitely beyond banter to sing disrespectfully about people who've kicked the bucket. A line does have to be drawn in the sand. Whether it's worse now I'm not sure - 20 years ago you could probably have called a black player a spade.

Phil D. Rolls
29-12-2009, 09:11 AM

I think you are very wrong with your comments. Many people have told us how offensive chanting has had an upsetting affect on their lives.

By all means be offensive with what you chant, but don't try to make out you know how it affects other people. There is a difference between banter and bullying.

No doubt, you'll try to justify bullying as well. You strike me as naive.

Biff Tannen
29-12-2009, 10:51 AM

What can you do?? Tell him to shut the f*"k up and that theres nae place for racism at easter road thats what ye can do.

I mind last season some old boy was racist towards Nade..now say what ye want about Nade but don't bring skin colour in to it. I got the boy told, quiet an old boy as well and his mate chipped "right pal i'll deal with this" and i got him telt as well that i'll say what i want, if i want to have a go i will.

Anyway, i was in the Iona after the game and the old boy came up to me and apologised about it.

So it shows you you can do something cause if you don't people like that keep doing it and theres no place for it.

So next time Arabhibby, man up and say something instead of letting it go like the majority or there will be nae change:grr:

CropleyWasGod
29-12-2009, 10:53 AM
So next time Arabhibby, man up and say something instead of letting it go like the majority or there will be nae change:grr:

Can I watch when ArabHibee "mans up"??? :greengrin

ArabHibee
29-12-2009, 11:06 AM
What can you do?? Tell him to shut the f*"k up and that theres nae place for racism at easter road thats what ye can do.

I mind last season some old boy was racist towards Nade..now say what ye want about Nade but don't bring skin colour in to it. I got the boy told, quiet an old boy as well and his mate chipped "right pal i'll deal with this" and i got him telt as well that i'll say what i want, if i want to have a go i will.

Anyway, i was in the Iona after the game and the old boy came up to me and apologised about it.

So it shows you you can do something cause if you don't people like that keep doing it and theres no place for it.

Totally agree with the bit in bold, pity I was at Tannadice though! :greengrin The fact that he had a false arm and he was drunk as a skunk didn't help and he was only muttering under his breath so I was probably the only person who could hear him. I was scared he would belt me with his false arm!

Seriously though, I would have said something to him but thankfully he toddled off at half time and didn't sit beside me during the second half.

Now that would be interesting! :cool2:

HFC 0-7
29-12-2009, 11:08 AM
IMO, chants etc in football are just to get a rise out of fans. To moan etc about it just empowers it. I have no problem what is chanted at football matches as to me it is just words, although I do realise that it will offend others. The people that sing sectarian songs etc usually dont even know what they are singing about and therefore are only doing it because they know it annoys opposition fans. My answer to a lot of the chanting would be to rise above it, then it will lose its purpose and fade away.

However in todays climate where teachers are no longer allowed to say blackboard, instead chalk board. - Black Coffee is now coffee without Milk and workman is now work person these type of chants will not be tolerated, they will instead be publicised and gives the people who chant them the reaction they wanted - to offend!

Before anyone jumps on me, I would rather much of this didnt exist at football and society, but I choose to be above it and not let it bother me. I just see it as brainless idiots having, what they see, as having a good time.

Biff Tannen
29-12-2009, 11:23 AM
Totally agree with the bit in bold, pity I was at Tannadice though! :greengrin The fact that he had a false arm and he was drunk as a skunk didn't help and he was only muttering under his breath so I was probably the only person who could hear him. I was scared he would belt me with his false arm!

Seriously though, I would have said something to him but thankfully he toddled off at half time and didn't sit beside me during the second half.

Now that would be interesting! :cool2:

Take it you're a female!!?Apologies!!!

Can see why on this occasion you kept shtoom!!

Does show though,that if you if you tell someone to shut it...you're gonna have the backing of everyone around you (well most people apart from ****) and the person will feel like a prize t!t and hopefully never do it again!!

RickyS
29-12-2009, 11:31 AM
IMO, chants etc in football are just to get a rise out of fans. To moan etc about it just empowers it. I have no problem what is chanted at football matches as to me it is just words, although I do realise that it will offend others. The people that sing sectarian songs etc usually dont even know what they are singing about and therefore are only doing it because they know it annoys opposition fans. My answer to a lot of the chanting would be to rise above it, then it will lose its purpose and fade away.

However in todays climate where teachers are no longer allowed to say blackboard, instead chalk board. - Black Coffee is now coffee without Milk and workman is now work person these type of chants will not be tolerated, they will instead be publicised and gives the people who chant them the reaction they wanted - to offend!

Before anyone jumps on me, I would rather much of this didnt exist at football and society, but I choose to be above it and not let it bother me. I just see it as brainless idiots having, what they see, as having a good time.

im with you, i dont get offended by the muck some of these guys sing, but I can see why others are. why let these guys affect your enjoyment of the game, close your ears if you can and let the stewards and polis do their job:notworthy:

clerriehibs
29-12-2009, 11:32 AM
So at the end of the day ..right or wrong ..you sat on your arse & done nowt ..nae point now bleating aboot it on a message board is it ..?

No point in anyone opening themselves up to the possibility of abuse or violence.

What he should do is to try and find out the guy's seat number. Complain to Hibs, and something most certainly will be done.

ArabHibee
29-12-2009, 11:49 AM
No point in anyone opening themselves up to the possibility of abuse or violence.

What he should do is to try and find out the guy's seat number. Complain to Hibs, and something most certainly will be done.

A wee bit hard to do when you are in the East though with everyone standing on seats which probably aren't theirs...............

MSK
29-12-2009, 11:57 AM

What he should do is to try and find out the guy's seat number. Complain to Hibs, and something most certainly will be done.I agree mate & my post was prob a tad harsh towards the OP...:agree:

hibeemark
29-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Interesting comments on child psychology on here, from people who know **** all about kids, and who will say anything just to be right. Stupid, stupid, stupid.:agree:

I think you are very wrong with your comments. Many people have told us how offensive chanting has had an upsetting affect on their lives.

By all means be offensive with what you chant, but don't try to make out you know how it affects other people. There is a difference between banter and bullying.

No doubt, you'll try to justify bullying as well. You strike me as naive.

You made some good points in the other thread we spoke in, so I'm a little disappointed that you've resorted to calling me names, and telling me that I'm wrong simply because you say so. I don't remember coming out with any child psychology either.

You disagree that kids tell jokes just as "bad" amongst themselves in the playground? You might as well ban swearing at the football too, if you think children don't swear in the playground either.

You disagree that parents are the most important influence on their life? Surely at some point you're going to have to address the question "daddy, what's a 'bigot'?" It's how you deal with these things that's important.

As for bullying, do you or anyone else honestly feel bullied by singing or chanting? I have read plenty of people on here tutting away, and describing various lyrics as "disgraceful", but that's characteristic of internet messageboards. Equally, there are folk who would have Frankie Boyle banned from television because he offends and upsets them. That's not because they're more moral than the rest of us; they're just more conservative (small c).

All I'm suggesting is that if folk didn't take it all so seriously, then perhaps they wouldn't feel so upset by it.

What if I said "I despise the jambos, they are all a bunch of ignorant lowlife who I wouldn't pee on if they were on fire". Is that offensive? I've not only been prejudiced, but effectively said I wouldn't save someone's life if they supported a rival team to me. That's a terrible thing to say. But I don't really mean it, do you see? It's just banter. Taken out of context though, it could sound extremely hateful.

By your flawed logic monkey chants etc would still be acceptable inside our grounds. Are they trivial too? The fact they are not acceptable shows that football fans DO have limits.

There is a massive difference between a group of white fans singling out a black player because of his race, and what we're talking about here - two groups of (predominantly) white fans singing at each other. Where's the persecution? Where's the harm?

Are we really a bunch of 1st generation catholic Irish immigrants who are suffering institutionalised persecution at the hands of the protestant esteblishment? That's funny, I thought we were the Leith team.

To me, it seems like there's a bit of a victim mentality going on here. How is it that when I hear fans singing a song which is close-to-the-bone, I give a wry smile, shake my head, and don't take it seriously... but when you hear it, you are hurt and upset? Is it because you are a more moral person than me? Is that what you think? Is it not that you're just more conservative?

I'm not even convinced that many of the folk complaining are all that conservative. I think it's entirely possible that some of you simply base your knee-jerk reaction on received wisdom ie the tabloid press say you should be outraged, so you are. Tabloid fuelled moral uproar is prevalent in everything else, so why not football too? After all, making a big deal out of nothing is generally what sells papers. It's depressing. :bitchy:

WHUHibs
29-12-2009, 02:09 PM

I have waited a couple opf days to see if my opinion is changed and its not!

Many quotes about open your eyes, move stands etc then for me its obvious that a number of posters wanted to target me.

So just in case those of you that think its okay to target me for having an opinion,,,

Legal action is nonsense, I highlighted an area and those people around him can make thier own judgement....to ask a steward to intervene on your own is that something that is easy to do in the heat of a game atmosphere,,,no its not,,,am I brave enough probably.....but do I want the hassle...probably not...

Maybe I shouldnt have highlighted it on here but now I have found that many posters think its acceptable and thats what dissapoints me....

As part of the Hibernain family I am proud to belong and if you think thats an interent bully by expressing a concern then I am guilty,,,

Its laughable from Andy who called me an internet bully,,,but perhaps some posters like this forum to be there own media and when someone expresses an opnion that is outside there own then its wrong....

Time to move on and perhaps next time you hear someone expresses something outside of what is acceptable perhaps you might think twice.

Phil D. Rolls
29-12-2009, 02:46 PM

I think if you are brave enough/mad enough you should confront the situation there and then. The offender will be taken aback at how many people agree with you. You will be taken aback by how many people were prepared to sit back and let someone else stand up to the fool.

Otherwise, at least report the guy, as doing nothing is almost the same as doing it yourself.

You made some good points in the other thread we spoke in, so I'm a little disappointed that you've resorted to calling me names, and telling me that I'm wrong simply because you say so. I don't remember coming out with any child psychology either.

Didn't call you names, I said you were stupid, that's an adjective. Saying what is good for kids suggests that you understand how they think - child psychology.

You disagree that kids tell jokes just as "bad" amongst themselves in the playground? You might as well ban swearing at the football too, if you think children don't swear in the playground either.

It's for adults to show kids how to behave.

You disagree that parents are the most important influence on their life? Surely at some point you're going to have to address the question "daddy, what's a 'bigot'?" It's how you deal with these things that's important.

Of course I don't disagree that parents are an important influence on a kids life. Brothers, sisters, cousins and pals are probably greater influences. Opinions and character are formed from the total of all that a child sees. If he sees hatred being accepted by other people it will have an affect.

As for bullying, do you or anyone else honestly feel bullied by singing or chanting? I have read plenty of people on here tutting away, and describing various lyrics as "disgraceful", but that's characteristic of internet messageboards. Equally, there are folk who would have Frankie Boyle banned from television because he offends and upsets them. That's not because they're more moral than the rest of us; they're just more conservative (small c).

It's not for me to say what offends other people, it is for them to say.

All I'm suggesting is that if folk didn't take it all so seriously, then perhaps they wouldn't feel so upset by it.

But if it does upset them, why not stop? Unless the real pleasure is that it upsets them.

What if I said "I despise the jambos, they are all a bunch of ignorant lowlife who I wouldn't pee on if they were on fire". Is that offensive? I've not only been prejudiced, but effectively said I wouldn't save someone's life if they supported a rival team to me. That's a terrible thing to say. But I don't really mean it, do you see? It's just banter. Taken out of context though, it could sound extremely hateful.

Who cares whether you meant it or not. If it upsets someone else, it isn't really funny, IMO.

There is a massive difference between a group of white fans singling out a black player because of his race, and what we're talking about here - two groups of (predominantly) white fans singing at each other. Where's the persecution? Where's the harm?

Where was the harm when people said to Beckham they hoped his kids got cancer? There are boundaries.

Are we really a bunch of 1st generation catholic Irish immigrants who are suffering institutionalised persecution at the hands of the protestant esteblishment? That's funny, I thought we were the Leith team.

We're from the Cowgate, that's in Edinburgh. Leith Athletic are the Leith team.

To me, it seems like there's a bit of a victim mentality going on here. How is it that when I hear fans singing a song which is close-to-the-bone, I give a wry smile, shake my head, and don't take it seriously... but when you hear it, you are hurt and upset? Is it because you are a more moral person than me? Is that what you think? Is it not that you're just more conservative?

Different life experience :dunno:. If we are to share the same stadium/town/planet, we have to have consensus on what's allowed and what isn't.

I'm not even convinced that many of the folk complaining are all that conservative. I think it's entirely possible that some of you simply base your knee-jerk reaction on received wisdom ie the tabloid press say you should be outraged, so you are. Tabloid fuelled moral uproar is prevalent in everything else, so why not football too? After all, making a big deal out of nothing is generally what sells papers. It's depressing. :bitchy:

You seem to do a lot of thinking for other people.

The risk of edgy humour is that it can sometimes cross the line. At least you haven't said it's PC gone mad.

HFC 0-7
29-12-2009, 02:46 PM

Many quotes about open your eyes, move stands etc then for me its obvious that a number of posters wanted to target me.

So just in case those of you that think its okay to target me for having an opinion,,,

Legal action is nonsense, I highlighted an area and those people around him can make thier own judgement....to ask a steward to intervene on your own is that something that is easy to do in the heat of a game atmosphere,,,no its not,,,am I brave enough probably.....but do I want the hassle...probably not...

Maybe I shouldnt have highlighted it on here but now I have found that many posters think its acceptable and thats what dissapoints me....

As part of the Hibernain family I am proud to belong and if you think thats an interent bully by expressing a concern then I am guilty,,,

Its laughable from Andy who called me an internet bully,,,but perhaps some posters like this forum to be there own media and when someone expresses an opnion that is outside there own then its wrong....

Time to move on and perhaps next time you hear someone expresses something outside of what is acceptable perhaps you might think twice.

Its all about opinions on here, thats the idea of these forums. People will defend their opinions to the death, even with no respect for others. Its the same on here as it is on the football terraces, you here things you dont agree with. the fact is, these things will probably always happen, you can either not let it bother you or speak up, however, if you speak up you will probably be asked to defend your opinion.

Just because someone doesnt agree with you doesnt mean you have to drop what you think is right, you shouldnt let a few people who have disagreed with you stop you in what you want to achieve.

Maybe the next time you are there, get speaking to some people around you and get a feel about how they view it. If there is enough of you that feel strongly about it maybe you could all do something, however, bear in mind that there may not be a lot and you may be in the minority, then you may well just have to get on with it.

CropleyWasGod
29-12-2009, 02:58 PM

FR has set about most of your post in much the same way I would, so i won't go over that ground again. However, it's your last paragraph taht has me most annoyed.

I never read the tabloids, so my morality is not shaped by them. It is shaped by my own experiences, my own opinions, my environment and my upbringing. In other words, I have to come to my view of what is chanted at me and by those around me independently.

I refuse to "rise above it" as you suggest. I do, and will continue to, challenge behaviour that I see as unacceptable. To do otherwise?... there be dragons.

bruno
29-12-2009, 03:00 PM

Personally i think it serves you right for not buying your season ticket in your usual area. Maybe deep down you wanted to admit picking the wrong team when you were younger.
You've got opinions divided on this board which provokes debate which a forum is all about.
Might make some think next time they hear something offensive but might not however most supporters are right minded individuals but some cannot contain emotions during 90 minutes they would for the rest of the week. Perhaps we should meet with the kids for coffee before the derby you may not be so rational after yet another defeat:-)

marinello59
29-12-2009, 03:07 PM

There you go, backtracking from your original position. You originally state that NOTHING was off limits when clearly it is so your original post was wrong. It's where the boundaries are set that is the real issue. I feel that calling anybody a peadophile simply because of the team they play for is well out of order an I am sure many would agree with me, if not the majority of fans inside the ground. You woulds obviously disagree but if a large number of Hibs supporters are also upset by a chant aimed at opposing players or fans is it not therefore counterproductive? Or is it simply a case of saying 'It's the fitba and I will do whatever I want no matter who I upset?'
Re the sectarian singing. No, I don't like hearing it, it leaves me depressed that anybody feels that bigotry in any form is acceptable these days. (But I would get upset at the Old Firm fans singing the theme tune from Balamory inside our ground as it would mean they were winning.:greengrin)
Your last paragraph referring to knee jerk reactions, being fuelled by the tabloids etc is just an attempt to belittle anybody holding a view that differs from your own. really no need, theres a decent debate to be had here no matter what side of it you are on.

Brizo
29-12-2009, 03:33 PM
There you go, backtracking from your original position. You originally state that NOTHING was off limits when clearly it is so your original post was wrong. It's where the boundaries are set that is the real issue. I feel that calling anybody a peadophile simply because of the team they play for is well out of order andIi am sure many would agree with me, if not The majority of fans inside the ground. You woulds obviously disagree but if a large number of Hibs supporters are also upset by a chant aimed at opposing players or fans is it not therefore counterproductive? Or is it simply a case of saying 'It's the fitba and I will do whatever I want no matter who I upset?' Re the sectarian singing. No, I don't like hearing it, it leaves me depressed that anybody feels that bigotry in any form is acceptable these days. (But I would get upset at the Old Firm fans singing the theme tune from Balamory inside our ground as it would mean they were winning.:greengrin)
Your last paragraph referring to knee jerk reactions, being fuelled by the tabloids etc is just an attempt to belittle anybody holding a view that differs from your own. really no need, theres a decent debate to be had here no matter what side of it you are on.

:agree:

Pretty much agree with all of that particularly the highlighted bits. The "its only banter" and "its the fitba" are usually excuses for obscene and grossly offensive behaviour which if expressed in public anywhere outside a fitba ground would be totally unacceptable to most decent people.

While I appreciate not everyone wants to sit in the Werthers Originals Stand (bring your own travel blanket) fitba doesnt imho inhabit a vacuam where sectarianism , racism or paedo type slurs should be acceptable just because its at the fitba and its "banter" ,a word im growing to hate as it seems to have become a get out clause for all sorts of moronic p@sh.

There should be plenty ways of winding up opposition fans and players without paedo slurs which imo are just as moronic as the sectarian stuff which so many on here , quite rightly , take the moral high ground on over the OF.

The boundaries of what is and whats not acceptable in ER will be set by us the fans , pulling up anyone whos spouting something we find objectionable. Ive done it myself and found that those around me had been equally offended and were glad id spoken out. Posting something on a mb after the games fair enough in starting a debate but isnt going to solve the problem ... imho.

sadtom
29-12-2009, 03:52 PM

But these things were lies peddled by the Murdoch press (particularly to try and discredit the GLC back in the 80's).
Unfortunately some misguided wooly types took up the (non existant) cause of 'labeling' and then the lies became 'part truths'. It only takes one person to try legislate against, lets say, 'manholes' wanting them to be known as 'person dispatch hatches'.
This in turn gets seized by the rabid, right wing medja and allows all those out there in hard of thinking land, to start slavering 'its PC gone mad'.
Well no its not - its you who is mad for believing the keech in the first place, whether you are a reactionary diddy who is alway moaning about not being able to be offensive because of the PC brigade. - Or the hand knitted types who were suckered into beliveing that the issue of description is a key battle ground against descrimination.

Much like the banning of xmas in the shopping centre. Neither are true.

HFC 0-7
29-12-2009, 04:07 PM
But these things were lies peddled by the Murdoch press (particularly to try and discredit the GLC back in the 80's).
Unfortunately some misguided wooly types took up the (non existant) cause of 'labeling' and then the lies became 'part truths'. It only takes one person to try legislate against, lets say, 'manholes' wanting them to be known as 'person dispatch hatches'.
This in turn gets seized by the rabid, right wing medja and allows all those out there in hard of thinking land, to start slavering 'its PC gone mad'.
Well no its not - its you who is mad for believing the keech in the first place, whether you are a reactionary diddy who is alway moaning about not being able to be offensive because of the PC brigade. - Or the hand knitted types who were suckered into beliveing that the issue of description is a key battle ground against descrimination.

Much like the banning of xmas in the shopping centre. Neither are true.

the parts about calling a blackboard a chalkboard are true I can assure you. I am a college lecturer who a few years back was sent an e mail from management advising us to start using these alternatives to avoid any problems, although not 'properly' enforced I was 'encouraged' to make the changes! Maybe it was the press that encouraged this, but when management start advising and encouraging you then it becomes real!

And my post was trying to help the original poster keep with his opinion and not bow to pressure, as if this is his opinions they dont need to be accepted but at least respected as his own opinions.

Oh, and your username, couldnt have picked a better one!:wink:

MSK
29-12-2009, 04:11 PM
the parts about calling a blackboard a chalkboard are true I can assure you. I am a college lecturer who a few years back was sent an e mail from management advising us to start using these alternatives to avoid any problems, although not 'properly' enforced I was 'encouraged' to make the changes! Maybe it was the press that encouraged this, but when management start advising and encouraging you then it becomes real!

And my post was trying to help the original poster keep with his opinion and not bow to pressure, as if this is his opinions they dont need to be accepted but at least respected as his own opinions.

Oh, and your username, couldnt have picked a better one!:wink:A College Lecturer ..an intellect ..then you finish of with something a 5 yo would come out with !!! jeezo ...:tee hee:

HFC 0-7
29-12-2009, 04:16 PM
A College Lecturer ..an intellect ..then you finish of with something a 5 yo would come out with !!! jeezo ...:tee hee:

Yes well, being a College Lecturer doesnt really mean intellect, well it does if you are teaching something that requires it, my field however doesnt, in fact it really boils down to being able to use big machines, hammers, chisels and a pen, oh, and telling the odd student to get out!

sadtom
29-12-2009, 04:56 PM

Oh, and your username, couldnt have picked a better one!:wink:

Oh i can assure you that they are all based on lies that some unfortunate hippy types picked up and ran with. This then resulted in the lies becoming half truths and the perpetrators of the lies were then able to say 'i told you it was factual'. Or werent you able to understand this point in my initial post.

A college lecturer no less! Oooooh get her!
Is that one of those colleges that used to be a scout hall or such like?:wink:

As for my username, dont see anything wrong with celebrating Saint Aberts Day Third Of May myself. Not unless you're a yam of course?

Phil D. Rolls
29-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Its all about opinions on here, thats the idea of these forums. People will defend their opinions to the death, even with no respect for others. Its the same on here as it is on the football terraces, you here things you dont agree with. the fact is, these things will probably always happen, you can either not let it bother you or speak up, however, if you speak up you will probably be asked to defend your opinion.

Just because someone doesnt agree with you doesnt mean you have to drop what you think is right, you shouldnt let a few people who have disagreed with you stop you in what you want to achieve.

Maybe the next time you are there, get speaking to some people around you and get a feel about how they view it. If there is enough of you that feel strongly about it maybe you could all do something, however, bear in mind that there may not be a lot and you may be in the minority, then you may well just have to get on with it.

Oh i can assure you that they are all based on lies that some unfortunate hippy types picked up and ran with. This then resulted in the lies becoming half truths and the perpetrators of the lies were then able to say 'i told you it was factual'. Or werent you able to understand this point in my initial post.

A college lecturer no less! Oooooh get her!
Is that one of those colleges that used to be a scout hall or such like?:wink:

As for my username, dont see anything wrong with celebrating Saint Aberts Day Third Of May myself. Not unless you're a yam of course?

Hey man, like that sucks...Hippys don't run anywhere.:greengrin

Sean1875
29-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Personally i think it serves you right for not buying your season ticket in your usual area. Maybe deep down you wanted to admit picking the wrong team when you were younger.
You've got opinions divided on this board which provokes debate which a forum is all about.
Might make some think next time they hear something offensive but might not however most supporters are right minded individuals but some cannot contain emotions during 90 minutes they would for the rest of the week. Perhaps we should meet with the kids for coffee before the derby you may not be so rational after yet another defeat:-)
Shut up. :jamboak:

bruno
29-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Shut up. :jamboak:

Grow up. . .

Sean1875
29-12-2009, 06:11 PM
Grow up. . .
Coming from the one going onto a rivals messageboard and having sly wee digs ai? :rolleyes:

bruno
29-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Read it carefully. I arrange to meet up with him for coffee before the game. Me and my season ticket holder son and my brother and his 2 season ticket holder kids. Shame as kids he picked the wrong team unlike his younger brother:)

clerriehibs
29-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Read it carefully. I arrange to meet up with him for coffee before the game. Me and my season ticket holder son and my brother and his 2 season ticket holder kids. Shame as kids he picked the wrong team unlike his younger brother:)

Luckily for him, he won't be having to pick another team anytime soon ...

BroxburnHibee
29-12-2009, 07:00 PM

See - there we go again with the terrible grammar...................

Surely its "mens up" :wink:

bruno
29-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Think your right mate. If has had bragging rights for most last couple years. Still 90 minutes of luck on our part on sunday and i can pretend we're the better team and ignore the league positions. .
We were atrocious against falkirk and poor against celtic but we're all blinkered when it comes to a derby:)

Nakedmanoncrack
29-12-2009, 07:40 PM
However in todays climate where teachers are no longer allowed to say blackboard, instead chalk board.

Complete and utter myth.

HFC 0-7
29-12-2009, 08:33 PM
Complete and utter myth.

Its definately not a myth! It may not be legally racist, however, as I have said before todays culture, tries to stop you using the term blackboard and instead use Chalk Board.

Yes its not legally racist, but when managers and the like try to stop you using it, by encouraging you to use alternatives then it becomes real. It started in my place of work because a student complained regarding the term 'workman', saying it was sexist. This snowballed, even the press were involved and then terms like black coffee, blackboard etc were 'encouraged' not to be used. I can remember speaking to someone after they had confronted their boss regarding this, his boss replied, well if a student complains that you have used it then it puts the college in a bad light, and there is not much defence we will be able to offer you.

I think it is terrible that people say that we cant say black in case its racist, and in fact a poll done on campus showed that black students felt it was causing more trouble than helping and found the whole thing stupid.

basehibby
30-12-2009, 02:59 AM

I share your disgust at this sort of pish. At the end of the day though the Hibs support, like any sizeable support, represents a cross section of society - does the fact that this guy is an ignorant f'kwit make him any less a Hibs supporter? I doubt it.

All I can suggest if your stuck with this ersewit shouting his sheight in your ear every week is that

a) you (if possible) in a friendly manner persist in making clear to him your distaste of his displeasurable comments and

b) if he responds in a violent or threatening manner THEN report him to the stewards and take it up with the club if necessary

In my experience plan B should rarely become necessary

basehibby
30-12-2009, 03:17 AM
Hear that at every Hibs Rangers game mate. If your a regular in the East i can't believe you would be shocked.

do you guys sit next to ech other ???

Steve-O
30-12-2009, 03:38 AM
These threads really are a waste of time.

OhTooBeeee
09-03-2010, 02:37 PM
right ill bring a prawn sandwich to hearts game for you free of charge :faf: and just for the record ive followed hibs a lot longer than you however lets end this get of your bum and sing your heart against the ****bos next week :cool2:

Were you not once a hearts fan tho? :blah:

Hibernia Na Eir
09-03-2010, 02:53 PM

Mikeystewart
09-03-2010, 03:58 PM

What a stupid argument "those kids done it so why cant we"? as a support that has disappeared up its own arse id like to think we would be better than that.

An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind -Gandhi

Judas Iscariot
09-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Were you not once a hearts fan tho? :blah:

Any other reason apart from Trolling why you dredged this post up!?

Mikeystewart
09-03-2010, 04:07 PM

Lets not forget i think the person who started this thread was saying he was with his family. Now i am not a father but if i took my 4 year old nephue to a game i would not want him to forever associate the club and its fans with some bam who stood in the east calling a decent professional (regardless the team he was playing for) a child molestor amongst other things.

Phil MaGlass
10-03-2010, 08:43 AM
surely everyone nowadays has an ipod or mobile with video capabilities,how difficult is it to tape the offenders and show it to police?

Houchy
10-03-2010, 09:22 AM
surely everyone nowadays has an ipod or mobile with video capabilities,how difficult is it to tape the offenders and show it to police?

What size is you're iPod if you have to put a tape in it??? is it one of those retro 70's ones:greengrin

I know what you meant, i'm just being a monkey... I'm always saying i've taped something on my Sky+:agree:

Phil MaGlass
10-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Im 42 and only recently got a laptop and a mobile phone.For the last 3 years or so I have been using a cheap 20 quid phone,now I have one with radio,camera,film etc.Im not very technologically inclined,Im even thinking of getting rid of my mobile as always being reachable and dependant on these things is becoming a pain in the hearts.Stopped taking it on holiday aswell.
Bah humbug..

JennaFletcher
10-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Back to original post, I feel your annoyance at the supporters who seem to have an IQ equivalent to that of a glass of water. I don't understand why supporters can't seem to grasp that racist, homophobic and just generally vile comments are unacceptable.

I was at a match recently that a man continually kept making gay comments at a player of the opposite team, I doubt he was gay and anyways if he was what has sexual orientation got to do with football? If you're a skilled footballer, race/sexual orientation/age shouldn't matter.

Also WHAT IS WITH 15 YEAR OLD BOYS WITH THEIR HANDS DOWN THEIR TRACKIES?! Eurgh...
:grr: makes me rage!

Rant over for the day :greengrin

MrSmith
10-03-2010, 10:08 AM
Back to original post, I feel your annoyance at the supporters who seem to have an IQ equivalent to that of a glass of water. I don't understand why supporters can't seem to grasp that racist, homophobic and just generally vile comments are unacceptable.

I was at a match recently that a man continually kept making gay comments at a player of the opposite team, I doubt he was gay and anyways if he was what has sexual orientation got to do with football? If you're a skilled footballer, race/sexual orientation/age shouldn't matter.

Also WHAT IS WITH 15 YEAR OLD BOYS WITH THEIR HANDS DOWN THEIR TRACKIES?! Eurgh...
:grr: makes me rage!

Rant over for the day :greengrin

Nervous comfort I'd guess?? :wink:

I'm a bit funny re op because people pay, words are words only, our support is small enough although I wouldn't just take anyone however why don't you just approach him in a non-threatening manner and explain to him the right and wrong things in relation to his behavior and the effect it has on the younger fans of our club? :dummytit:

:notworthy: