PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Any old rumours (merged)

Spike Mandela
27-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Anyone hear any rumours at the game today about potential signings or players being sold?

I'd like to think Hibs would do their transfer business early instead of Jan 31st as there are some crucial games in January.

SRHibs
27-12-2009, 04:12 PM
I don't know. Hopefully we'll be getting someone to replace Nish though and another GK or CM.:agree:

WHUHibs
27-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Yogi wants 2 keepers plus, CH and another holding midfielder ....dont be suprised to see Murray go....to the championship...

Wull
27-12-2009, 04:18 PM
ah heard we were crap today? any truth?

H18sry
27-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Yogi wants 2 keepers plus, CH and another holding midfielder ....dont be suprised to see Murray go....to the championship...

He never cut it last time he went down there :wink:

Jim44
27-12-2009, 04:35 PM
I'm a bit confused about all the chat about Murray's impending departure. Where the hell is it coming from? Has Murray himself been sounding off about leaving?........................I doubt it. I think he's here for the long haul and possibly the next captain.

David_D
27-12-2009, 04:36 PM
a few of the folk around me where saying Bamba is off to Blackburn and we have struck a deal for Barr and that Icelandic defender

BEEJ
27-12-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm a bit confused about all the chat about Murray's impending departure. Where the hell is it coming from? Has Murray himself been sounding off about leaving?........................I doubt it. I think he's here for the long haul and possibly the next captain.
:agree:

More likely he was being rested today as he'll be in at CB on Wednesday and next week.

WHUHibs
27-12-2009, 04:38 PM

Jim an offer is on the table and he is yet to sign it,,,he would be happy to stay but having got married recently he has one possible good move left.....the money on offer is not as much as he would like...He could double and treble is money down south even in the old 3 division...Hes good friends with Deano..and he is doing okay!

CropleyWasGod
27-12-2009, 04:38 PM
My boy told me Sol's going to Rangers.

No source. Just his intuition.

And the fact that Sol cuddled the whole Rangers team at full time.

He's 17.

Big_D
27-12-2009, 04:49 PM
My boy told me Sol's going to Rangers.

No source. Just his intuition.

And the fact that Sol cuddled the whole Rangers team at full time.

He's 17.

I was concentrating on those kissing Bougherras arse at the front of the West :rolleyes:

Judas Iscariot
27-12-2009, 04:51 PM
I heard a rumour Maka was meant to be a keeper..

The guy wouldn't disclose his source though..

CropleyWasGod
27-12-2009, 05:12 PM
I was concentrating on those kissing Bougherras arse at the front of the West :rolleyes:

Okay, let's add 2 and 2 here.

Bougherra off to England. £3m. Sol to Ibrox. Suits everyone but us.

You heard it here first :greengrin

bigstu
27-12-2009, 05:26 PM
i'd be rather pissed off if murray was to turn his back on us again, if he stays with hibs then he can enjoy his football & be financially comfortable. moving to england would be a massive gamble

GreenCastle
27-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Kevin Kyle to Hibs in January came up again :confused:

Sol I think will go down south - will want to be in the same league as Toure / Drogba etc his Ivory Coast team mates.

Murray - not heard anything here ?

Icelandic player we had at East Mains a while back - heard Yogi was keen....

whiskyhibby
27-12-2009, 05:38 PM
ah heard we were crap today? any truth?

no:jamboak::jamboak:

whiskyhibby
27-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Okay, let's add 2 and 2 here.

Bougherra off to England. £3m. Sol to Ibrox. Suits everyone but us.

You heard it here first :greengrin

No chance unless Rankers are going to top up the £3M..................

Sols off to the EPL

GreenCastle
27-12-2009, 05:41 PM
No chance unless Rankers are going to top up the £3M..................

Sols off to the EPL

Rangers have no money :faf::faf::faf:

whiskyhibby
27-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Rangers have no money :faf::faf::faf:

Exactly!!

Godsahibby
27-12-2009, 06:18 PM
I was reliably informed yesterday that Anderson was a pretty much done deal, terms have been agreed with Sunderland just finalising personal terms.

Should be a done deal for the window opening.

CropleyWasGod
27-12-2009, 08:07 PM
QUOTE=whiskyhibby;2287155]Exactly!![/QUOTE]

:fishin:[

CorrieHibs
28-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Anyone hear any rumours at the game today about potential signings or players being sold?

I'd like to think Hibs would do their transfer business early instead of Jan 31st as there are some crucial games in January.

May get shot down for this. Now Levein is away i would love us to sign Webster. I know he is a ex jambo but i think the guy is a quality CH. Thoughts?

H18sry
28-12-2009, 12:25 PM
May get shot down for this. Now Levein is away i would love us to sign Webster. I know he is a ex jambo but i think the guy is a quality CH. Thoughts?

Huns will be looking for decent cash for him.

CorrieHibs
28-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Huns will be looking for decent cash for him.

Yeh thats what i thought. How many years has he got left on his contract?

NOLA
28-12-2009, 12:38 PM
I was reliably informed yesterday that Anderson was a pretty much done deal, terms have been agreed with Sunderland just finalising personal terms.

hope not, the guys not kicked a ball in ages

Cropley10
28-12-2009, 12:47 PM

Absolute gash IMHO

Cropley10
28-12-2009, 12:49 PM

I'd rather we signed their keeper, Weaver tbh.

.Sean.
28-12-2009, 12:53 PM
I'd rather we signed their keeper, Weaver tbh.
I think Weaver only agreed to a short term deal with United as he wants a move back down south. He's only on a six month contract.

Godsahibby
28-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Absolute gash IMHO

Well we'll find out by the end of the week. I was told this by one of his mates.

Only issue seems to be with his wages, he would have to take a £4.5K pw drop.

Hughes did say yesterday he was looking for someone who can clear everything inlcluding the kitchen sink, maybe Anderson is the man for that.

Hibs Spain
28-12-2009, 01:46 PM
Yeh ..Big strong tall defender with a brain and presence.I wouldn't be unhappy with him.

WindyMiller
28-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Well we'll find out by the end of the week. I was told this by one of his mates.

Only issue seems to be with his wages, he would have to take a £4.5K pw drop.

Hughes did say yesterday he was looking for someone who can clear everything inlcluding the kitchen sink, maybe Anderson is the man for that.

We need a player to step right in to the team.

Anderson has played 19 1st team matches since he left the Dons in 2007, and 14 of those for Plymouth.

He's only played a couple of reserve games since his cruciate injury.

Bit of a gamble IMO.

Barney McGrew
28-12-2009, 03:04 PM

He'll be back at Ibrox in January.

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2009, 03:33 PM

I thought his loan period was for the season?:confused:

Barney McGrew
28-12-2009, 03:36 PM
I thought his loan period was for the season?:confused:

With any loan, there will be a clause that will allow a player to be recalled at any time.

The Huns have no money, and if they punt Bougherra then they only have Weir and the young guy Wilson as natural CH's. Easier to recall Webster (who's been playing well for United) than play McCulloch or Papac there.

All IMO of course :cool2:

GloryGlory
28-12-2009, 04:01 PM
We need a player to step right in to the team.
Anderson has played 19 1st team matches since he left the Dons in 2007, and 14 of those for Plymouth.

He's only played a couple of reserve games since his cruciate injury.

Bit of a gamble IMO.

:agree: I reckon we need at least a couple - we have plenty "squad-type players" IMO (Thicot Stevenson Cregg (WTF is he all about?) Byrne McCann (when he's fit) Benji McCormack plus up-and-coming youngsters Flynn, Welsh, etc) need some real challenges for starting places, especially at full back and midfield. Just IMO.

IWasThere2016
28-12-2009, 04:18 PM

No he won't. It is a season loan long and has no breaks/options therein

HibeeMcGinn1
28-12-2009, 04:20 PM
I don't know. Hopefully we'll be getting someone to replace Nish though and another GK or CM.:agree:

why?
the guys worked his erse off in recent weeks and without him we wouldnt have picked up points at Killie or Aberdeen:confused:

WindyMiller
28-12-2009, 04:28 PM
:agree: I reckon we need at least a couple - we have plenty "squad-type players" IMO (Thicot Stevenson Cregg (WTF is he all about?) Byrne McCann (when he's fit) Benji McCormack plus up-and-coming youngsters Flynn, Welsh, etc) need some real challenges for starting places, especially at full back and midfield. Just IMO.

I agree but financing quality isn't easy. I'd be happy to see 2 decent players come in, who are capable of holding down a first XI place immediately, in this window.

JH can then look for another couple in the Summer.

GloryGlory
28-12-2009, 04:44 PM
I agree but financing quality isn't easy. I'd be happy to see 2 decent players come in, who are capable of holding down a first XI place immediately, in this window.

JH can then look for another couple in the Summer.

Yeah - that's my point, too. We can get a couple in now and maybe they're not that better than what we already have. Two quality players would make a real difference - here's hoping John Hughes has another Stokes and Miller types up his sleeve for this window!!!

silverhibee
29-12-2009, 12:40 AM

I dont think IM will be here after the summer, he wants to commit himself to Hibs and stay here as long as possible, if not for the rest of his career, but he wants to be amongst the high earners at the club, and i imo he should be up there with the top paid players at the club, but what i am hearing is Hibs dont see him as a top earner, and with that i think IM will see out his contract at Hibs and move on in the summer, probaly down south in the CCL.:grr:

hibs is life
29-12-2009, 12:58 AM
anderson would be a good shout once fit as he was great at the sheep and he was doing well will help the younger guys 2 think we need 2 defenders and cm

anderson barr kerr foster would na mind seeing buzzy back or a would na mind that jodie morris

Sandy
29-12-2009, 06:42 AM
anderson would be a good shout once fit as he was great at the sheep and he was doing well will help the younger guys 2 think we need 2 defenders and cm

anderson barr kerr foster would na mind seeing buzzy back or a would na mind that jodie morris

Whit :confused: Those 2 useless twonks at Aberdeen ?, oh and please no 'Boozy' back threads.

brydekirk
29-12-2009, 08:53 AM
ma laddie is mates wae Ryan Flynn, he reckons that hibs have been showing more than a bit of intrest in him.

Cropley10
29-12-2009, 12:06 PM

Kerr? Foster? :confused:

Aye right!

Frazerbob
29-12-2009, 12:19 PM
I dont think IM will be here after the summer, he wants to commit himself to Hibs and stay here as long as possible, if not for the rest of his career, but he wants to be amongst the high earners at the club, and i imo he should be up there with the top paid players at the club, but what i am hearing is Hibs dont see him as a top earner, and with that i think IM will see out his contract at Hibs and move on in the summer, probaly down south in the CCL.:grr:

I'd be very suprised if IM isn't one of the top earners ATM. Who would be on more? Stokes maybe, Deek maybe....can't be many more. :confused: Does this mean he has been offered less money to sign a new contract?

.Sean.
29-12-2009, 12:38 PM
ma laddie is mates wae Ryan Flynn, he reckons that hibs have been showing more than a bit of intrest in him.
He looks like a player :agree:

.Sean.
29-12-2009, 12:39 PM

Out of the players mentioned only Anderson and Barr would improve us.

CorrieHibs
29-12-2009, 12:47 PM
Out of the players mentioned only Anderson and Barr would improve us.

Still not that convinced about Barr thought he was ok against us. Seen him against the huns and he got ripped apart. A lot of people do rate him so he must be decent. Anderson when he was at Aberdeen was always a rock in their defence he's been unlucky with injuries down south. I still think Danny Swanson will be signing in january.

GreenPJ
29-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Not a rumour but if not a Kevin Kyle then I would like to see Hibs try and take Lukas Jutkiewicz on loan. Think his time is up at Motherwell and with Gannon having gone may not want to extend.

Kaiser1962
29-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Yeh ..Big strong tall defender with a brain and presence.I wouldn't be unhappy with him.

Neither would I. Might upset the neighbours though :thumbsup:

Del Boy
29-12-2009, 02:32 PM
rumour I heard is Murray will sign a pre contract with a Championship team in January, but stay with hibs til end of season:confused:. Think we should be doing more to keep him.

Not heard anything about players coming in, but im sure we will sign at least 1 in January.

Cropley10
29-12-2009, 02:35 PM
rumour I heard is Murray will sign a pre contract with a Championship team in January, but stay with hibs til end of season:confused:. Think we should be doing more to keep him.

Not heard anything about players coming in, but im sure we will sign at least 1 in January.

Where did you hear this then?

Sounds like 2 + 2 = 5, IMHO.

Hamish
29-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Whit :confused: Those 2 useless twonks at Aberdeen ?, oh and please no 'Boozy' back threads.

Foster I reckon would be a good signing. Seems to have lost his way a bit at Aberdeen

What about that French midfielder at Hamilton? Heard he's a Hibby.

GloryGlory
29-12-2009, 02:58 PM
Looks like the Icelandic CB won't be coming:

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=is&u=http://www.fotbolti.net/fullStory.php%3Fid%3D84995&ei=xBc6S6upJcihjAelp8RT&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=9&ved=0CC0Q7gEwCA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dharaldur%2Bfreyr%2Bgudmundsson%26hl%3 Den%26rlz%3D1T4DKUK_en-GBGB216GB218

ancient hibee
29-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Why would a Championship club want Murray-he has already failed once there?

Why would we want Anderson when he mght be unfit and certainly miles away from being match fit-the club can't afford to bring in wage earners not to play.

Barr would be a bad shout-disappears in big games-gave away a totally needless penalty on Saturday.

Cropley10
29-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Looks like the Icelandic CB won't be coming:

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=is&u=http://www.fotbolti.net/fullStory.php%3Fid%3D84995&ei=xBc6S6upJcihjAelp8RT&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=9&ved=0CC0Q7gEwCA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dharaldur%2Bfreyr%2Bgudmundsson%26hl%3 Den%26rlz%3D1T4DKUK_en-GBGB216GB218

If only we knew what "Contracts went not up to the end and it was none of this" means!:greengrin

hfc rd
29-12-2009, 05:18 PM
I would like to see a GK, RB, CB and LM, arriving in Jan. The reasons for these is:-

GK - I have defended Maka quite a lot, but his peformance against the huns was the final straw. Potential buys:-

Ruddy? - On loan at Motherwell from Everton
Weaver? - Dundee United
Alexander? - Rangers
Cerny? - Hamilton

RB - Spoony is at his most effective at RM, McCann is injury prone and McCormack is ok at RB. I would like a natural solid RB. Potential buys:-

Caddis(loan)? - Celtic
De Laet(loan)? - Manchester United
Vidal(loan)? - Manchester City
Logan? - On loan at Tranmere from Manchester City
Gray? - On loan at Plymouth from Manchester United

CB - With Bamba away in Jan with the Ivory Coast and potentially for good in the summer after the World Cup. I think we are going to be struggling. Hogg can be hot and cold at times and with all of these rumours about Ian Murray not being here after the summer then signing a CB is a MUST. Potential buys -

Anderson? - Sunderland
Barr? - Falkirk

LM - I think we need a LM because Deeks is wasted on the left wing. Fair enough his work rate has dramatically improved under Yogi, but in the last few games (especially on Sun against the huns) he has been very quiet. Gailbraith is a good prospect, but lets not forget that the lad has been injured for almost a year at Man Utd and that is why Yogi is giving him appearances from the bench for the last couple of mins so he can come back into it slowly. I think a left midfielder would be a good signing. Potential Buys :-

Flynn? - Falkirk
Aluko? - Aberdeen
Taouil? - Kilmarnock
Forbes? - Motherwell
McCourt(loan)? - Celtic

Thoughts??

CropleyWasGod
29-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Thoughts??

You're a yam. :wink:

GloryGlory
29-12-2009, 05:58 PM
I would like to see a GK, RB, CB and LM, arriving in Jan. The reasons for these is:-

GK - I have defended Maka quite a lot, but his peformance against the huns was the final straw. Potential buys:-

Ruddy? - On loan at Motherwell from Everton
Weaver? - Dundee United
Alexander? - Rangers
Cerny? - Hamilton

RB - Spoony is at his most effective at RM, McCann is injury prone and McCormack is ok at RB. I would like a natural solid RB. Potential buys:-

Caddis(loan)? - Celtic
De Laet(loan)? - Manchester United
Vidal(loan)? - Manchester City
Logan? - On loan at Tranmere from Manchester City
Gray? - On loan at Plymouth from Manchester United

CB - With Bamba away in Jan with the Ivory Coast and potentially for good in the summer after the World Cup. I think we are going to be struggling. Hogg can be hot and cold at times and with all of these rumours about Ian Murray not being here after the summer then signing a CB is a MUST. Potential buys -

Anderson? - Sunderland
Barr? - Falkirk

LM - I think we need a LM because Deeks is wasted on the left wing. Fair enough his work rate has dramatically improved under Yogi, but in the last few games (especially on Sun against the huns) he has been very quiet. Gailbraith is a good prospect, but lets not forget that the lad has been injured for almost a year at Man Utd and that is why Yogi is giving him appearances from the bench for the last couple of mins so he can come back into it slowly. I think a left midfielder would be a good signing. Potential Buys :-

Flynn? - Falkirk
Aluko? - Aberdeen
Taouil? - Kilmarnock
Forbes? - Motherwell
McCourt(loan)? - Celtic

Thoughts??

First thought - most players at non-OF SPL clubs aren't much better than what we already have.

Second thought - it has been reported that Hughes and Rice (and maybe other scouts) have travelled far and wide in England looking at lower league games and EPL reserve games. That would lead me to surmise that it is more likely that we will look at one or two loan deals, plus maybe a Stokes or Miller type signing in January. Maybe, hopefully, announce a couple of decent pre-contracts, too.

cabbage07
29-12-2009, 06:43 PM
what i can tell you hibs are looking at players at west ham and arsenal ,this is fact what i cant tell you who they are and if they will get them .:wink:

GloryGlory
29-12-2009, 07:08 PM
what i can tell you hibs are looking at players at west ham and arsenal ,this is fact what i cant tell you who they are and if they will get them .:wink:

Unfortunately, Fabregas is injured, so not available for the Derby. However, he'll do for the rest of the season. :wink: :greengrin

sambajustice
29-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Aaron Ramsey to give him some regular first team football and Kieron Dyer to get him fully fit will do me!

HibeeMcGinn1
29-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Not a rumour but if not a Kevin Kyle then I would like to see Hibs try and take Lukas Jutkiewicz on loan. Think his time is up at Motherwell and with Gannon having gone may not want to extend.

serious???

the guy is pish

Hamish
29-12-2009, 07:32 PM
serious???

the guy is pish

New Year resolution - stop fence sitting.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
29-12-2009, 07:52 PM

Whats the deal with Murrays arthritis, is it still an issue?

Could be whay he'd want one last pay day, but could affect his chances of a move in the first place ???

CentreLine
29-12-2009, 08:47 PM

I hate when you do this Silverhibee because you are usually spot on. Murray let his contract run dry once before and I don't suppose he will stop at doing it again. That's life in the game these days.

Just to keep the pot boiling, how about Darryl Duffy? I heard a completely unsubstantiated murmour that he might be on his way to ER.

IWasThere2016
29-12-2009, 09:01 PM
I'd be very suprised if IM isn't one of the top earners ATM. Who would be on more? Stokes maybe, Deek maybe....can't be many more. :confused: Does this mean he has been offered less money to sign a new contract?

Silver is spot on. IM is on a good bit less than our best paid - as he took a huge drop to join us. Hibs offer is not enough and without improvement he may well be off.

Frazerbob
29-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Silver is spot on. IM is on a good bit less than our best paid - as he took a huge drop to join us. Hibs offer is not enough and without improvement he may well be off.

Would be a scadal if he is allowed to leave without a decent offer. If we genuinely can't compete with a CCC club then fair doos but surely we should be trying to tie him down until the end of his career.

ScottB
29-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Don't see the point in going for Kyle, if we do 6 months later he will be Nish Mk 2 as all the folk who wanted then didn't want Nish, wanted and then didn't want Kyle.

GreenCastle
29-12-2009, 10:00 PM

Murray must stay :agree:

Come on Petrie get your finger oot ! :grr:

As for the Arsenal target - I heard it was the central defender on loan that we tried to get earlier in the season...

Not sure if Yogi is still looking at him ?

Del Boy
29-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Where did you hear this then?

Sounds like 2 + 2 = 5, IMHO.

mate told me in the pub during rangers game on Sunday, didnt say who told him

silverhibee
29-12-2009, 11:57 PM

silverhibee
30-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Gregg Ross from the Pars will be Yogi's first signing in the January window, led to believe the deal is already done.

Hibernian Verse
30-12-2009, 12:05 AM
Gregg Ross from the Pars will be Yogi's first signing in the January window, led to believe the deal is already done.

Thought Anderson was to be the first. Thank god we're getting a right back in.

CapitalHibs
30-12-2009, 12:08 AM

Is this guy any good?:dunno:

BEEJ
30-12-2009, 12:15 AM

Whats the deal with Murrays arthritis, is it still an issue?

Could be whay he'd want one last pay day, but could affect his chances of a move in the first place ???

Sounds like the club could be a bit nervous about how Murray's arthritic condition may progress. As he gets older he might be less and less available to play during a season. :dunno:

silverhibee
30-12-2009, 12:30 AM

Dont know much about him, think he plays right back, still a young lad but has had some trouble with injuries in the past.

silverhibee
30-12-2009, 12:35 AM
Sounds like the club could be a bit nervous about how Murray's arthritic condition may progress. As he gets older he might be less and less available to play during a season. :dunno:

Well no sign of the arthritic problem while he has been back at Hibs, so it may not put other clubs off from signing him if he is in good form with Hibs and keeps fit.

davym7062
30-12-2009, 12:36 AM
]Is this guy any good?:dunno:[/SIZE]yes

HibbiesandtheBaddies
30-12-2009, 01:09 AM
Would like to see Nid sign a long term deal at Hibs at a reasonable wage rather than a short term deal down south for a bit more.

Wotherspiniesta
30-12-2009, 01:30 AM
Dont know much about him, think he plays right back, still a young lad but has had some trouble with injuries in the past.

Greg started off a CB, he now can play either RB or RM. He done his knee in a couple of seasons ago but is back fit now. He scored the winner for Dunfermline at Parkhead a few seasons ago, which was extra special, what with him being a bluenose :wink:

Not much information, but at least Yogi realises we need a right back. Don't get me wrong, Wotherspoon has done a great job there, but he got a bit of a roasting by Novo on Sunday and I think he should be put in his natural position further up the field.

Wotherspiniesta
30-12-2009, 01:33 AM

If that's true then I find that baffling. Murray should be captain, never mind not even in the top wage bracket.

cabbage07
30-12-2009, 02:58 AM
like i said look for westham arsenal players obviously wont be first team that is the target but if we get them or not is another thing,my source cant be any closer to what is going on er .:wink:

HIBEES 4 LIFE
30-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Greg started off a CB, he now can play either RB or RM. He done his knee in a couple of seasons ago but is back fit now. He scored the winner for Dunfermline at Parkhead a few seasons ago, which was extra special, what with him being a bluenose :wink:

Not much information, but at least Yogi realises we need a right back. Don't get me wrong, Wotherspoon has done a great job there, but he got a bit of a roasting by Novo on Sunday and I think he should be put in his natural position further up the field.

Ross couldnt lace spoony's boots. He is IMO a decent 1st division player. No better than that and nothing like Hibs material. Will be very disappointed if he were to sign

.Sean.
30-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Ross couldnt lace spoony's boots. He is IMO a decent 1st division player. No better than that and nothing like Hibs material. Will be very disappointed if he were to sign
What you have wrote was also said of McBride...He's not been too bad has he?

McD
30-12-2009, 12:19 PM

And bamba

GloryGlory
30-12-2009, 12:23 PM
like i said look for westham arsenal players obviously wont be first team that is the target but if we get them or not is another thing,my source cant be any closer to what is going on er .:wink:

Do you have any further info? This guy was linked as a possible loan deal last summer:

http://www.arsenal.com/reserves-youth/players/luke-ayling

IIRC, he is a right sided CB/FB.

HIBEES 4 LIFE
30-12-2009, 12:37 PM

Correct, however i know alot more about Greg Ross than i did about McBride....and Bamba. Having played against him very recently. He is a good player but as i said IMO not good enough for Hibs, maybe even good enough for lower SPL but not for a team challenging for top 3 and Europe.

If i am proved wrong i will come on here and say i was wrong. He's a decent guy to boot and i wish him every success but i do not feel it will be at ER

Petrie's Tache
30-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Correct, however i know alot more about Greg Ross than i did about McBride....and Bamba. Having played against him very recently. He is a good player but as i said IMO not good enough for Hibs, maybe even good enough for lower SPL but not for a team challenging for top 3 and Europe.

If i am proved wrong i will come on here and say i was wrong. He's a decent guy to boot and i wish him every success but i do not feel it will be at ER

Care to ellaborate?:greengrin

HIBEES 4 LIFE
30-12-2009, 02:56 PM

Not really :greengrin

Perspective
30-12-2009, 03:04 PM
I'm not one for this 'Hibs Class' nonsense but I really hope Greg Ross isn't the extent of our right-back ambitions. We were spoiled by full-backs like Murphy and Whittaker, but I'd sooner keep Wotherspoon there if that's the case.

I'm with Hibees4Life, I think he's found his level in Division One.

Wouldn't be too excited by Anderson either. He's a good age, but isn't exactly a like-for-like replacement for Bamba. Always thought he was one of a clutch of players at Aberdeen that were far too timid.

Before anyone throws Kevin McBride at me I thought he'd be a good signing.

Prof. Shaggy
30-12-2009, 05:00 PM

Same Bridge Club?

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-12-2009, 05:22 PM
I know F**tball Rumours site is frowned upon here but this is a wee gem.

"My dad delivers sofa's for reids and he delivered a sofa to a flat in glasgow today for loic remy from Lyon who said he was an arsenal player and was up in glasgow for "buisness". don't know wot to make of it but it seemed strange".

Are footballers allowed to do business other than football?
By the time this story gets back down south it'll be a meeting between Remy and Crouch

With sofa's involved, should that not be Remy and Couch?:agree:

down-the-slope
30-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Gray from Man U. (Was at Hearts as part of the sign for them while too young to sign in England arrangement - with Man U) is coming on loan I am lead to beleive...he is a right back.

brydekirk
30-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Gray from Man U. (Was at Hearts as part of the sign for them while too young to sign in England arrangement - with Man U) is coming on loan I am lead to beleive...he is a right back.

this guy could be what we need. nicknamed the greyhound, has played all over the park but mostly in defence. is known for thundering up and down the wings. M.U. site says hes on loan.

Jack
30-12-2009, 07:09 PM
this guy could be what we need. nicknamed the greyhound, has played all over the park but mostly in defence. is known for thundering up and down the wings. M.U. site says hes on loan.

Currently on loan to Plymouth Argyle, he’s picked up 4 yellow cards in 12 football matches (Yogi speak for 12 games :greengrin).

He’s also been on loan to Crewe Alexandra and Royal FC Antwerpen.

Cabbage1875
30-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Apparently Lee Currie and Sean Welsh have signed for Stenhousemuir on loan. Should be beneficial to the two young lads!

McD
30-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Apparently Lee Currie and Sean Welsh have signed for Stenhousemuir on loan. Should be beneficial to the two young lads!

Welsh in particular looks to be some talent, had thought he might get a wee run when mcbride got injured, or maybe at rightback before wotherspoon made it his.

Hamish
30-12-2009, 10:05 PM

Saw him v Raith in November. Best player on the park. Looks as if he prefers attacking to defending so a typical Hibs full back
Whether he can make the step up ???

IWasThere2016
31-12-2009, 02:20 AM
Do you have any further info? This guy was linked as a possible loan deal last summer:

Ayling was up here to sign in the summer but a clause inserted by Arsenal was not to our liking and it didn't happen.

IWasThere2016
31-12-2009, 02:31 AM
Well no sign of the arthritic problem while he has been back at Hibs, so it may not put other clubs off from signing him if he is in good form with Hibs and keeps fit.

Yup. I'd like to think we'd structure a deal for improved basic and an option - for the club to use or not for an extension - after a year or two to extend. Thus we'd have the comfort of knowing about Nid's fitness. No reason any new deal couldn't be effective from 1 January either.

His form/fitness/flexibility merit new/better terms IMHO.

hibiedude
01-01-2010, 09:45 AM
Charlie Mulgrew of Aberdeen contract is up in the summer and can talk to interested parties now.

Good deffender and only 23 years old

any takers ?

Aldo
01-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Charlie Mulgrew of Aberdeen contract is up in the summer and can talk to interested parties now.

Good deffender and only 23 years old

any takers ?

Good set piece taker but we have cover in that department IMHO. WOuld prefer to see Murray at LB with either Hanlon or Stevenson as back up.

Dont really rate Mulgrew TBH but like i say excellent set piece taker.

hibiedude
01-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Good set piece taker but we have cover in that department IMHO. WOuld prefer to see Murray at LB with either Hanlon or Stevenson as back up.

Dont really rate Mulgrew TBH but like i say excellent set piece taker.

Remember the transfer window is now open lets hope that Murray is still with us come February.

Not saying he is leaving but he has been our best player and other clubs will definitely be looking at him.

MontrealHibs
01-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Remember the transfer window is now open lets hope that Murray is still with us come February.

Not saying he is leaving but he has been our best player and other clubs will definitely be looking at him.

Our best player? Surely your having a laugh... have you not seen a wee lad in the middle of the park going by the name of Liam Miller ?

sauzee
01-01-2010, 10:59 AM

have known gregg ross since he played for htchie u/12s,he's Not good enough for a top 1st div team fact,not got a 1st touch,clummsy on the ball,slower than a weekend in saughton,surely one of our youngsters would be a better choice.
ps,the whole family are rabbid huns !

hibiedude
01-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Our best player? Surely your having a laugh... have you not seen a wee lad in the middle of the park going by the name of Liam Miller ?

Murray has been outstanding for hibs but Liam Millar in my opinion plays in patches. if there was raspberry award given for worst player off a game the same Liam Millar would have won it easily against Rangers.

This is just my opinion I know others will disagree. :rolleyes:

Alfred E Newman
01-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Murray has been outstanding for hibs but Liam Millar in my opinion plays in patches. if there was raspberry award given for worst player off a game the same Liam Millar would have won it easily against Rangers.

This is just my opinion I know others will disagree. :rolleyes:

You are entittled to your opinion but I don`t know what games you have been watching. Since his arrival I would say he has probably been our most consistant performer.

GloryGlory
01-01-2010, 11:16 AM
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/149146/Hibs-want-Weaver

Strange one from the Express, given we have just signed Smith!

McIntosh
01-01-2010, 11:18 AM

He came up to watch a friendly and while I believe he was positive about the club and its set up, there was a few contractual problems and I believe he didn't really want to leave his family. The brilliant Speedway who I am convinced in a past life worked for the KGB knew on the very day that he was in Edinburgh with a view to signing. I was told a few days later by my nephew who is a sport journalist for the BBC, he has told me many times that Hibs have strong links in England and are widely respected for their coaching set up, approach and discipline.

He told me weeks ago that Coyle will be going to Bolton and this was before Megson was mooted for the sack and that Bamba will be going there for a minimum of 2.5 million in this transfer window. My nephew is a lovely boy but sadly despite my best efforts when he was a child he is a Jambo. He has stories about them that would make you eyes water - we don't know the half of it.

Time will tell, it always does.

Spike Mandela
01-01-2010, 11:26 AM

Unless Stack's injury is worse than feared and/or Maka is for the off:confused:

hibiedude
01-01-2010, 11:29 AM
You are entittled to your opinion but I don`t know what games you have been watching. Since his arrival I would say he has probably been our most consistant performer.

We toil when Murray is out like we did against Rangers, I have seen quite a few games this season Miller goes Missing during spells in a game.

Millar is a class player but Murray is better :agree:

Hank Schrader
01-01-2010, 11:57 AM
We toil when Murray is out like we did against Rangers, I have seen quite a few games this season Miller goes Missing during spells in a game.

Millar is a class player but Murray is better :agree:

Murray is a better grafter than Miller but there is no way on earth he is a better player. Absolutely no chance.

hibiedude
01-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Murray is a better grafter than Miller but there is no way on earth he is a better player. Absolutely no chance.

IN YOUR OPINION :wink:

TornadoHibby
01-01-2010, 12:23 PM

I'd suggest that the journo has been out on the lash at New Year parties and picked up some of his information from the likes of here (negative Maka comments etc as Yogi would never go and state that kind of thing publicly IMO) but may have written his story before the Smith signing was confirmed or even mooted! :confused: :cool2:

It's bollocks I suspect! :agree:

Hibernian Verse
01-01-2010, 12:35 PM

In most people's opinion.

IM isn't the player he once was with us, there's no denying that and I wouldn't be breaking the bank to keep him, we could do with a younger and faster left back that we can develop (e.g Murphy) rather than spending 4k a week on IM with all his injury troubles. We have to look at this as a football club and not just as who puts his heart in most for the team because he isn't that much better than 'decent SPL' a footballer and as far as our best player is concerned you'd have to look past Bamba, Miller, McBride, Riordan, Stokes even Wotherspoon before Murray. I know he's a Hibby and he gives his all but he's overrated due to this.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the guy, but if we're going to spend 3-4k a week on a player I'd rather get another Liam Miller in.

Petrie's Tache
01-01-2010, 12:40 PM

IM isn't the player he once was with us, there's no denying that and I wouldn't be breaking the bank to keep him, we could do with a younger and faster left back that we can develop (e.g Murphy) rather than spending 4k a week on IM with all his injury troubles. We have to look at this as a football club and not just as who puts his heart in most for the team because he isn't that much better than 'decent SPL' a footballer and as far as our best player is concerned you'd have to look past Bamba, Miller, McBride, Riordan, Stokes even Wotherspoon before Murray. I know he's a Hibby and he gives his all but he's overrated due to this.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the guy, but if we're going to spend 3-4k a week on a player I'd rather get another Liam Miller in.

Smith from Rankgers fits that bill.:agree:

Hibernian Verse
01-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Smith from Rankgers fits that bill.:agree:

He does but Rangers surely wouldnt let him sign for us?

Petrie's Tache
01-01-2010, 12:42 PM
He does but Rangers surely wouldnt let him sign for us?

Why not?:confused: They need cash, he dosen't start every game! I would also like to try and get Caddis from Celtic for the right hand side.

Dr Jimmy
01-01-2010, 12:43 PM
[QUOTE=McIntosh;2292101]He came up to watch a friendly and while I believe he was positive about the club and its set up, there was a few contractual problems and I believe he didn't really want to leave his family. The brilliant Speedway who I am convinced in a past life worked for the KGB knew on the very day that he was in Edinburgh with a view to signing. I was told a few days later by my nephew who is a sport journalist for the BBC, he has told me many times that Hibs have strong links in England and are widely respected for their coaching set up, approach and discipline.

He told me weeks ago that Coyle will be going to Bolton and this was before Megson was mooted for the sack and that Bamba will be going there for a minimum of 2.5 million in this transfer window. My nephew is a lovely boy but sadly despite my best efforts when he was a child he is a Jambo. He has stories about them that would make you eyes water - we don't know the half of it.

You can't leave it like that......:dunno:..........details, please.

McIntosh
01-01-2010, 01:05 PM
[QUOTE=McIntosh;2292101]He came up to watch a friendly and while I believe he was positive about the club and its set up, there was a few contractual problems and I believe he didn't really want to leave his family. The brilliant Speedway who I am convinced in a past life worked for the KGB knew on the very day that he was in Edinburgh with a view to signing. I was told a few days later by my nephew who is a sport journalist for the BBC, he has told me many times that Hibs have strong links in England and are widely respected for their coaching set up, approach and discipline.

You can't leave it like that......:dunno:..........details, please.

As a journalist he has had the fortune/misfortune of being tiraded by Romanov, he was 'briefed' about Burley's illness which it transpired later had nothing to do with alcohol (Pm me and I will enlighten you). On one fateful occasion he was physically threatened and spat on by one of the management team. The bullying and intimidation within the club are at unbelievable levels, he thinks that hearts fans are indenial because facing the reality would be just to much.

There a lot I could say but for legal reasons I cannot repeat them on this forum.

hibiedude
01-01-2010, 01:05 PM

And you speak for most people correct ?

Hank Schrader
01-01-2010, 01:30 PM

Yes it's my opinion, it's a message board for opinions and I shouldn't have to finish everything I post with "in my opinion" when I am giving my opinion!!

Happy new year!!:wink:

hibiedude
01-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Yes it's my opinion, it's a message board for opinions and I shouldn't have to finish everything I post with "in my opinion" when I am giving my opinion!!

Happy new year!!:wink:

Something at last we agree on eh :greengrin

Hank Schrader
01-01-2010, 01:56 PM
[/B]

Something at last we agree on eh :greengrin

They are both good players!! Something we both agree on too!

When Murray resigned I wasn't too chuffed as I never rated him much but he came back an improved player and nobody gives more than him in a Hibs jersey. I would be gutted if he was allowed to leave for free again.

bob12345
01-01-2010, 02:05 PM
'Defender Brian Easton and winger Fernando Guerrero could be on their way out but other than that Coyle has a settled core of first-team players and may need his squad in the second half of the season. '

Brian Easton is a right-back yeah? Would be a great signing, even potentially a loan.

hibiedude
01-01-2010, 02:50 PM
They are both good players!! Something we both agree on too!

When Murray resigned I wasn't too chuffed as I never rated him much but he came back an improved player and nobody gives more than him in a Hibs jersey. I would be gutted if he was allowed to leave for free again.

I think all successful teams start at the back and Murray gives us strength and drive and is a great leader Liam Miller is a flair player and support Deeks and Stokes well I can only go on our last game to see were we where lacking.

We missed Ian Murray against the Huns, Liam Miller like others were found wanting last Sunday.

McD
01-01-2010, 02:53 PM
'Defender Brian Easton and winger Fernando Guerrero could be on their way out but other than that Coyle has a settled core of first-team players and may need his squad in the second half of the season. '

Brian Easton is a right-back yeah? Would be a great signing, even potentially a loan.

I thought he was a left back. :confused:

There was quite a few on here who were keen for hibs to try and sign him last jan and summer before he went to Burnley.

frazeHFC
01-01-2010, 02:56 PM

There was quite a few on here who were keen for hibs to try and sign him last jan and summer before he went to Burnley.

He is a centre back who can play left back

Dibben
01-01-2010, 02:57 PM

According to this (http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10413~41889,00.html), he's a left back!

BH.

McD
01-01-2010, 03:03 PM

According to this (http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10413~41889,00.html), he's a left back!

BH.

Cheers BH.

I thought Burnley had paid closer to 700k for him, that states 350k plus addons.

On that basis, maybe wouldnt be such a struggle to get them to part with him for 100-150k, esp as he isn't playing at all, and the rumours seem to be that we're sniffing around him.

Really depends on whether yogi fancies him, and whether his skills/pay demands are a better combo than Murray's. I'll leave that up to yogi to decide.

brog
01-01-2010, 03:04 PM

Now that would be a goalkeeping signing I would be excited over!! He could do a wonderful job for us, not just his keeping but his whole experience & professionalism.

WHUHibs
01-01-2010, 04:28 PM

Correct, he has NO PROBLEMS WITH HIS KNEE!

Silverhibee, you might be able to confirm but Leeds United is a strong contender for his signature...they have watched him a number of times this season and Ians aware..

He has an offer on the table which is THE SAME as he is currently on..

WHUHibs
01-01-2010, 04:32 PM

I must be in the minority then,,,,,,as your talking pish.....in my opinion:wink:

IWasThere2016
01-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Correct, he has NO PROBLEMS WITH HIS KNEE!

Silverhibee, you might be able to confirm but Leeds United is a strong contender for his signature...they have watched him a number of times this season and Ians aware..

He has an offer on the table which is THE SAME as he is currently on..

Given Nid took a c. 60% drop in basic when joining Hibs, he merits an improved deal.

I have shared info with others that Nid has a slightly improved offer - I note you say the same - from Hibs. Regardless, it is a long way short of that required. He is not after our top whack but he expects a much improved offer.

IMHO he should get it.

MrSmith
01-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Given Nid took a c. 60% drop in basic when joining Hibs, he merits an improved deal.

I have shared info with others that Nid has a slightly improved offer - I note you say the same - from Hibs. Regardless, it is a long way short of that required. He is not after our top whack but he expects a much improved offer.

IMHO he should get it.

Agreed! We really are crying out for consistency in our playing staff, moreso when they are hibees. Hopefully somethin will get sorted soon.

.Sean.
01-01-2010, 05:56 PM
I'd have no qualms if Murray became one of our top earners. I pray to God he stays...

Please dinnae go again Ian.

Dibben
01-01-2010, 06:02 PM
I'd have no qualms if Murray became one of our top earners. I pray to God he stays...

Please dinnae go again Ian.

Yip, i agree with those sentiments!

BH.

Malthibby
01-01-2010, 06:07 PM
I'm a Murray fan - everyone is replaceable but it is a gamble each time you do so. He is Mr. Dependable, he bosses his area of the pitch & I DON'T WANT HIM TO LEAVE US AGAIN.
Pretty please, Mr Hughes.
GG

PaulSmith
01-01-2010, 06:10 PM

IMHO he should get it.

It'a alright quoting that he took a 60% drop to join Hibs from his Rangers/Norwich contract but it was the best offer on the table at the time when that mega bucks contract had run out IMO.

I think that Iain Murray has benefited as much from Hibs as Hibs have from Iain Murray over the years. Hibs got him his life changing contract to Rangers, brought him back to Edinburgh when it would appear that only Falkirk were after his signature and once again it looks like he may leave on a Bosman to a English Championship club where he will have the chance to earn £500k per year over a 3 year deal..wages which Hibs cannot even come close to competing with.

Yes I would love Murray to sign on again but if not then we promote Callum Booth and strengthen in other areas.

The way some are talking on here it's a case of Murray not being offered a few extra hundred quid by Hibs and we've already saw the 'penny pinching' quote used despite the club posting operating losses over the last 2 years.

At the end of the day I am absolutely confident that if John Hughes wants to use his budget to keep Murray for another 2/3 years then he will make him the best possible offer that we can afford, if that's not good enough for Murray to sign then that's not the clubs fault but a harsh economic reality that he wishes to earn more elsewhere.

He's here until the end of the season, good enough for me at this time.

sixtwo
01-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Murray has been superb this season and merits an improved contract. I have watched him throughout his career and I reckon he is better than ever and is now coming to his peak. We should be fair to the lad and give him an improved deal. I'm sure he will repay the club with fine performances. He is a captain who lets Hogg wear the armband!

mjhibby
01-01-2010, 07:35 PM
He came up to watch a friendly and while I believe he was positive about the club and its set up, there was a few contractual problems and I believe he didn't really want to leave his family. The brilliant Speedway who I am convinced in a past life worked for the KGB knew on the very day that he was in Edinburgh with a view to signing. I was told a few days later by my nephew who is a sport journalist for the BBC, he has told me many times that Hibs have strong links in England and are widely respected for their coaching set up, approach and discipline.

Guy i used to work beside told many stories of the farce that is hertz regards wages,punishment,cliques etc.Still seems to be the same and they seem to gain any results despite what goes on there.

WHUHibs
01-01-2010, 09:05 PM

IMHO he should get it.

QM, spot on slighly improved,,,perhaps an inflationary rise:wink:

He is well behind a number of others in salary and he of course earned a buck or two when he went he went to Rangers/Norwich....but he is entitled to earn a wage that puts him on a par with the better earners,,,,

Knowing him well there is nothing more that he would desire is being able to stay at ER and earn a living regardless of what he earned in the past....and you cant blame him...

Rod, pay him what he is worth and thats an improved contract..!

Lmc2105
01-01-2010, 09:13 PM
hey guys sorry if this has already been posted but my dads mate told me that Anderson hads a medical today and will sign 2moz. just wondered if any1 knew anything about this.

McD
01-01-2010, 09:17 PM
hey guys sorry if this has already been posted but my dads mate told me that Anderson hads a medical today and will sign 2moz. just wondered if any1 knew anything about this.

Hopefully - would be cracking boost to the atmosphere if Smith, Anderson (and whomever else we signs before then :greengrin), even if unable to take part in the game, were paraded to the crowd before the game or at halftime

:thumbsup:

Lmc2105
01-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Hopefully - would be cracking boost to the atmosphere if Smith, Anderson (and whomever else we signs before then :greengrin), even if unable to take part in the game, were paraded to the crowd before the game or at halftime

would be good mate it would be good to see the team stronger going into the match ... mind you maybee Barr on his way before the window closes aswell really excited at the times of our club atm:thumbsup:

McD
01-01-2010, 09:31 PM
would be good mate it would be good to see the team stronger going into the match ... mind you maybee Barr on his way before the window closes aswell really excited at the times of our club atm:thumbsup:

Definitely mate :greengrin

Maybe I'm being greedy, but I'm hoping for Anderson, Barr (pre-contract or outright), a rightback (possibly Gray), and maybe another out-the-blue yogi type signing of the stokes/miller kind of thing. The impact of getting those will be a boost in so many ways - the players will be either keen to make an impression on the manager/teammates/fans as they start out with us or striving to better their performances to stay in the team, we as fans will be on a high and excited for the immediate future, and itll be a massive statement of intent to the rest of the league. Might seem a lot, but if Bamba goes then there'll hopefully be a wee bit cash for Yogi to play with.

I know some people are keen for a centre mid to come in also, but I'm not so fussed abt that coz I have huge hopes for Sean Welsh, who will hopefully come back from loan in the summer with a lot more experience and ready to make an impact.

IWasThere2016
01-01-2010, 10:00 PM

Apparently so

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Apparently so

HOPE UR RIGHT - UR NORMALLY ARE. Any other snippets ?

Aubenas
01-01-2010, 10:08 PM
paraded to the crowd before the game or at halftime
:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

Naw! Has noone noticed that whenever Hibs have any kind of ceremony before, during or after a match, we ALWAYS get beat!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Has happened for years.:bitchy::confused:

IWasThere2016
01-01-2010, 10:09 PM
QM, spot on slighly improved,,,perhaps an inflationary rise:wink:

He is well behind a number of others in salary and he of course earned a buck or two when he went he went to Rangers/Norwich....but he is entitled to earn a wage that puts him on a par with the better earners,,,,

Knowing him well there is nothing more that he would desire is being able to stay at ER and earn a living regardless of what he earned in the past....and you cant blame him...

Rod, pay him what he is worth and thats an improved contract..!

Your info is spot on :cool2: and I agree with your view also

Mikey
01-01-2010, 10:15 PM

It certainly looks like this info's pretty good.

If he does sign tomorrow can he be registered in time for Sunday?

rainman
01-01-2010, 10:20 PM

Would he not have to have been registered today?

I wouldn't be too keen to throw him or Smith in before they've even trained with their team mates though.

Definately another exciting signing if he can recapture his form.

That's Yogi brought in his own spine of the team. Stack, Anderson, Miller, Stokes. All cost a bit but all look like they are excellent signings. Add Bamba, Wotherspoon, Murray, Riordan, Zemmama and McBride and that is one hell of a squad Yogi is assembling!

WHUHibs
01-01-2010, 10:21 PM

yes, SFA and FA headquarters are opne for business all day, just depends on Sunderlands office being FA cup day!

Hibby Kay-Yay
01-01-2010, 10:24 PM

I don't think so, the closing time for Sunday was today at 17:00

Mikey
01-01-2010, 10:26 PM
I wouldn't be too keen to throw him or Smith in before they've even trained with their team mates though.

They're part of the defence. They'll hardly see a yam all day :greengrin

As long as they can look up and head/catch as necessary they'll be fine :cb

Dibben
01-01-2010, 10:26 PM

Thats certainly what most people have been saying!

BH.

Mikey
01-01-2010, 10:27 PM

I thought that too. Which is absolute effin nonsense if that is the case. The transfer window opens and Scottish Football administration closes up shop.

Mikey
01-01-2010, 10:30 PM
The official site says that "the registration window formally opens on Saturday 2nd January".

Mibbe we'll be ok if he does sign!

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-01-2010, 10:39 PM
If we sign someone before the **** game surely they can paly, why would the window open other wise ?

McD
01-01-2010, 10:42 PM
If we sign someone before the **** game surely they can paly, why would the window open other wise ?

All the paperwork needs to be signed off at SFA, FA (and possibly UEFA) levels before the player is cleared to play unfortunately

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-01-2010, 10:44 PM
All the paperwork needs to be signed off at SFA, FA (and possibly UEFA) levels before the player is cleared to play unfortunately

But if they say the window opens on a certain day, they must work on they days ?

McD
01-01-2010, 10:52 PM
But if they say the window opens on a certain day, they must work on they days ?

So you would think, but this is the SFA we're talking about.

The comical thing is, they will extend the end of a window due to all sorts of reasons, such as sundays, weather conditions, bank hols etc, and they will have people working right up til the closing minute of the window, and often beyond. But they wont necessarily be open every day during the window. :confused:

And, sadly, this is not surprising. :grr:

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-01-2010, 10:55 PM
So you would think, but this is the SFA we're talking about.

The comical thing is, they will extend the end of a window due to all sorts of reasons, such as sundays, weather conditions, bank hols etc, and they will have people working right up til the closing minute of the window, and often beyond. But they wont necessarily be open every day during the window. :confused:

And, sadly, this is not surprising. :grr:

Fair comment, lets hope sense kicks in and we get our new signing(s) on the park.

McD
01-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Fair comment, lets hope sense kicks in and we get our new signing(s) on the park.

You and me both mate :greengrin

Wellbankhibby
02-01-2010, 12:18 AM
Was very pleased to see us signing a goalkeeper, Smith looks to be a good aquisition. Would also like to see another keeper secured for back up as Stack obviously having back problems and Macka Im sorry to say makes to many errors. A solid centre half would also be welcomed. Anyone know of any transfer targets for the hibees.:bye:

sleeping giant
02-01-2010, 12:30 AM
Lee Wallace :wink:

Hibs90
02-01-2010, 12:51 AM
Mauricio Pellegrino - I believe he is on Hughes shortlist.

as is - Sebastien Schemmel.

Taken from a website: Schemmel is a strong right-back, who impressed Harry Redknapp in his time at West Ham; So - much - so that Redknapp brought him away from Upton Park to join Pompey. He was released from his contract at Portsmouth after failing to impress.

Greenway
02-01-2010, 12:53 AM
It's good to get another goalkeeper in, as after a long time supporting Maka, I've finally decided to say enough is enough. Love the big guy, but will now settle for "steady and average" rather than hiding behind my seat every time a cross ball comes in.

I hope we pass on any of the Falkirk lads, as I don't think they are any better than some of the players we already have available. I know Yogi rated them, but that's the usual new manager "blue blanket syndrome". Hopefully he's over that now.

I would like another midfield player to come in as cover for Millar and Zemmama, but don't have a specific player in mind that would fit with the size of our wallet. However, Yogi found a gem in Millar, so you never know.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
02-01-2010, 12:54 AM
Mauricio Pellegrino - I believe he is on Hughes shortlist.

as is - Sebastien Schemmel.

Taken from a website: Schemmel is a strong right-back, who impressed Harry Redknapp in his time at West Ham; So - much - so that Redknapp brought him away from Upton Park to join Pompey. He was released from his contract at Portsmouth after failing to impress.

I hope the first one is a wind up. He is 38 and is a coach at the moment

CallumLaidlaw
02-01-2010, 12:57 AM
I hope the first one is a wind up. He is 38 and is a coach at the moment

and the 2nd is 35 and hasn't played for 5 years

CallumLaidlaw
02-01-2010, 01:02 AM
I would be delighted if we saw -

Graeme Smith
Russell Anderson
Darren Barr/David Gray/right back
and 1 other player, maybe left midfield, or a striker (with Benji going the other way)

I would be happy if we got 3 of the 4 above

I would be satisfied if we added 1 more to Smith, but a centre back would be the one required.

No more signings would make it tough on the squad in the 2nd half of the season

sleeping giant
02-01-2010, 01:06 AM
I would be delighted if we saw -

Graeme Smith
Russell Anderson
Darren Barr/David Gray/right back
and 1 other player, maybe left midfield, or a striker (with Benji going the other way)

I would be happy if we got 3 of the 4 above

I would be satisfied if we added 1 more to Smith, but a centre back would be the one required.

No more signings would make it tough on the squad in the 2nd half of the season

Any chance of you being slightly more specific ?

:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-01-2010, 01:10 AM
If it is players out before players in, then surely our " spare" goalie has to be on his way now?:bye:

RickyS
02-01-2010, 01:14 AM
If it is players out before players in, then surely our " spare" goalie has to be on his way now?:bye:

sure I saw somewhere on here a rumour of a new 3 yr deal? Yogi has never said a bad word about him, but I do hope he is on his way. good luck to the big man but he has proved to most that he is out of his depth.

Perspective
02-01-2010, 01:16 AM
sure I saw somewhere on here a rumour of a new 3 yr deal? Yogi has never said a bad word about him, but I do hope he is on his way. good luck to the big man but he has proved to most that he is out of his depth.

There's not a chance he'll sign a new three-year deal if he's not going to be first choice so people won't have to worry about him from the summer onwards.

silverhibee
02-01-2010, 02:49 AM
It'a alright quoting that he took a 60% drop to join Hibs from his Rangers/Norwich contract but it was the best offer on the table at the time when that mega bucks contract had run out IMO.

I think that Iain Murray has benefited as much from Hibs as Hibs have from Iain Murray over the years. Hibs got him his life changing contract to Rangers, brought him back to Edinburgh when it would appear that only Falkirk were after his signature and once again it looks like he may leave on a Bosman to a English Championship club where he will have the chance to earn £500k per year over a 3 year deal..wages which Hibs cannot even come close to competing with.

Yes I would love Murray to sign on again but if not then we promote Callum Booth and strengthen in other areas.

The way some are talking on here it's a case of Murray not being offered a few extra hundred quid by Hibs and we've already saw the 'penny pinching' quote used despite the club posting operating losses over the last 2 years.

At the end of the day I am absolutely confident that if John Hughes wants to use his budget to keep Murray for another 2/3 years then he will make him the best possible offer that we can afford, if that's not good enough for Murray to sign then that's not the clubs fault but a harsh economic reality that he wishes to earn more elsewhere.

He's here until the end of the season, good enough for me at this time.

Fingers crossed eh.

MontrealHibs
02-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Stuart Elliot (LM) freed by Doncaster Rovers yesterday... seem to recall he was pretty good at Motherwell?

MontrealHibs
02-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Fingers crossed eh.

I'm as big a Murray fan as anybody and would love him to stay. I think he dominates his area and forwards hate playing against him... However, I wouldn't consider suggesting the club are "penny pinching" considering where the alternative gets you (Yams anyone!).

I assume those accusing us of "penny pinching" really mean "making the numbers add up". At the end of the day he's not in the same league as Miller/Stokes/Riordan/Zemmama and shouldn't be rewarded as if he is. He should be rewarded similarly to McBride/Hogg/Nish because thats more the level he is at.

Barney McGrew
02-01-2010, 09:18 AM
At the end of the day he's not in the same league as Miller/Stokes/Riordan/Zemmama and shouldn't be rewarded as if he is.

He's maybe not a technically gifted as those players, but he's just as important - if not more so - in the team right now.

TornadoHibby
02-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Was very pleased to see us signing a goalkeeper, Smith looks to be a good aquisition. Would also like to see another keeper secured for back up as Stack obviously having back problems and Macka Im sorry to say makes to many errors. A solid centre half would also be welcomed. Anyone know of any transfer targets for the hibees.:bye:

Andy Driver! :greengrin

LTYF! :grr:

matty_f
02-01-2010, 09:24 AM
He's maybe not a technically gifted as those players, but he's just as important - if not more so - in the team right now.

I would agree with that. :agree:

The thing is, Hibs have a finite amount of money to spend on players. If the board are trying to help Yogi attract a higher calibre of player to the club then it may well mean that other players will be disappointed at not getting the deal that they think they are worth.

That happens at every club, not just Hibs, and it's part and parcel of football. If Yogi wants Murray to stay as much as it appears we do, then he'll maybe need to sacrifice a new signing to make it happen.

Bostonhibby
02-01-2010, 09:31 AM
I would agree with that. :agree:

The thing is, Hibs have a finite amount of money to spend on players. If the board are trying to help Yogi attract a higher calibre of player to the club then it may well mean that other players will be disappointed at not getting the deal that they think they are worth.

That happens at every club, not just Hibs, and it's part and parcel of football. If Yogi wants Murray to stay as much as it appears we do, then he'll maybe need to sacrifice a new signing to make it happen.

:agree:The sum of the whole team is the parts and I was not happy with Murray because of the manner of his leaving for the Hun but whilst his role is necessarily different to those mentioned above, he is at least as important and I don't think they can perform as well / easily without him. At the moment we go backwards without him and I would not want to see him go as he is one of my players of the year so far.

hibiedude
02-01-2010, 09:44 AM

100% agree with your reply

What's the point in having Miller/Stokes/Riordan/Zemmama and concede 4 goals against the Huns, Murray was missed no question and will be crucial if he plays tomorrow.

Man Utd lost 3 goals to Fulham because that had to swap things at the back due to injuries and suspensions now the recognized defenders are back they cant stop scoring and are at there very best again.

So Rooney and Co who get all the headlines are not the heart beat of the team :agree:

MontrealHibs
02-01-2010, 09:45 AM
:agree:The sum of the whole team is the parts and I was not happy with Murray because of the manner of his leaving for the Hun but whilst his role is necessarily different to those mentioned above, he is at least as important and I don't think they can perform as well / easily without him. At the moment we go backwards without him and I would not want to see him go as he is one of my players of the year so far.

The real issue is about Hibs being a business and Murray having no re-sale value is it not? I heard Hughes mention this in the past regarding the Boozy link? Perhaps we can only spend bigger money on wages, when we are likely to get the money back and more?

MrSmith
02-01-2010, 09:51 AM
We need Murray at Hibs and to suggest he is not worth as much as Miller/Stokes et al is just ludicrous!

Murray doesn't go missing in games and always puts a shift in whereas the others (well worth their money eh??) decide when to. Murray imo is the most valuable player at Hibs in terms of being a Hibs player not in transfer fees! He deserves to be a top earner if not the top earner and I don't understand why/how this isn't being sorted from above!

Aldo
02-01-2010, 09:56 AM
We need Murray at Hibs and to suggest he is not worth as much as Miller/Stokes et al is just ludicrous!

Murray doesn't go missing in games and always puts a shift in whereas the others (well worth their money eh??) decide when to. Murray imo is the most valuable player at Hibs in terms of being a Hibs player not in transfer fees! He deserves to be a top earner if not the top earner and I don't understand why/how this isn't being sorted from above!

Mr S :top marks

I think Hughes realises this and with him able to play at LB CB and MF his versatility is priceless to the club. He is only 28 and will be looking for one last big pay (for want of a better word) and may see himself down south at a lower league club doubling his wages.

If he is here next season then he should be made Capt IMHO.

So RP and Hughes get yir fingers oot and get him signed

PS forgot to add his commitment to the cause...which is of course unquestionable.

down-the-slope
02-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Definitely mate :greengrin

Maybe I'm being greedy, but I'm hoping for Anderson, Barr (pre-contract or outright), a rightback (possibly Gray), and maybe another out-the-blue yogi type signing of the stokes/miller kind of thing. The impact of getting those will be a boost in so many ways - the players will be either keen to make an impression on the manager/teammates/fans as they start out with us or striving to better their performances to stay in the team, we as fans will be on a high and excited for the immediate future, and itll be a massive statement of intent to the rest of the league. Might seem a lot, but if Bamba goes then there'll hopefully be a wee bit cash for Yogi to play with.

I know some people are keen for a centre mid to come in also, but I'm not so fussed abt that coz I have huge hopes for Sean Welsh, who will hopefully come back from loan in the summer with a lot more experience and ready to make an impact.

:agree: I watched U19's a lot, and he stood out more than spoony in a very good side. Hope he makes the step up.

allmodcons
02-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Anyone know if we've actually offered him terms?

According to BBC he's go an offer on table from a championship side.

Hope it's Crystal Palace :greengrin

HFC 0-7
02-01-2010, 10:13 AM

You obviously dont sit anywhere near Yogi on matchdays! he has said plenty of bad words against Maka in recent games!

MrSmith
02-01-2010, 10:18 AM
Mr S :top marks

I think Hughes realises this and with him able to play at LB CB and MF his versatility is priceless to the club. He is only 28 and will be looking for one last big pay (for want of a better word) and may see himself down south at a lower league club doubling his wages.

If he is here next season then he should be made Capt IMHO.

So RP and Hughes get yir fingers oot and get him signed

PS forgot to add his commitment to the cause...which is of course unquestionable.

Right back at you Mr A! :thumbsup::top marks

SouthMoroccoStu
02-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Was in the paper yesterday - Yogi saying he wasn't interested.....
Shame if true as I believe that he would be a great addition to the team

Lmc2105
02-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Stuart Elliot (LM) freed by Doncaster Rovers yesterday... seem to recall he was pretty good at Motherwell?

Agreed decent player but has already been snapped up by Hamilton Accies

holyrood hibbie
02-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Darren Barr - Heard it's a done deal. That will free up Wotherspoon for right mid.

My dream signing would be O'Connor on loan. He's doing nothing at Birmingham but we can all dream.

We don't need a centre back as we could put Murray in middle and Hanlon on left, or just slot McCormack in centre.

We need to let Nish, Maka go tbh. Lets see how January unfolds.

Hibstrooper
02-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Darren Barr - Heard it's a done deal. That will free up Wotherspoon for right mid.

My dream signing would be O'Connor on loan. He's doing nothing at Birmingham but we can all dream.

We don't need a centre back as we could put Murray in middle and Hanlon on left, or just slot McCormack in centre.

Darren Barr - who made the call on that one?

O'Connor is out injured just now - I think he's out for a while too. Can't see him being at Birmingham too long though now they've got money to burn. Don't think we could afford him but like you would love it if he came back!

I'd rather keep Murray at Left Back and try Hanlon in the middle - would be interesting to see what McCormack could do at CH too but I think he's too similar to Hogg but not as good.

Keep Nish - he's been doing well in his new role. I think Maka must be a goner, he's 3rd choice now and I reckon he must be on decent money - probably more than Stack or Smith.

Aldo
02-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Darren Barr - Heard it's a done deal. That will free up Wotherspoon for right mid.My dream signing would be O'Connor on loan. He's doing nothing at Birmingham but we can all dream.

Fair do if true but who do you drop to allow Wotherspoon to move into MF. Here is your choice

McBride, Miller, Stokes, Zemmama, Deek,

O wait, I suppose we could drop Nish and give Zemmama a free role further up the park.

Stack or Smith
Barr/Hogg/Sol/Murray
McBride
Wotherspoon/Miller/Zemmama/Deek
Stokes

No a bad starting 11 if I say so myself. Or a wee move around to suit players??

holyrood hibbie
02-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Fair do if true but who do you drop to allow Wotherspoon to move into MF. Here is your choice

McBride, Miller, Stokes, Zemmama, Deek,

O wait, I suppose we could drop Nish and give Zemmama a free role further up the park.

Stack or Smith
Barr/Hogg/Sol/Murray
McBride
Stokes

No a bad starting 11 if I say so myself. Or a wee move around to suit players??

Until Sol returns

Stack or Smith
Barr/Hogg/Murray/Hanlon
McBride
Stokes

RickyS
02-01-2010, 02:05 PM
You obviously dont sit anywhere near Yogi on matchdays! he has said plenty of bad words against Maka in recent games!

I meant in interviews, suppose its manager protecting player more than anything else.

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2010, 02:06 PM

Who told you?

holyrood hibbie
02-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Who told you?

Dads mate who heard from someone in hibs club whos got connections. My mate said it was in paper yesterday

Lmc2105
02-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Who told you?

by going what the agent says hibs seem the only club that is talking to him atm which is encouraging:greengrin

brog
02-01-2010, 03:09 PM

GOC's been injured for weeks & won't be back before March at earliest.

Broken Gnome
02-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Moritz Volz is on the verge of signing for Schalke. That probably puts that one to bed :greengrin

CentreLine
02-01-2010, 05:41 PM
I have to say I was hoping we would have heard that Smith and Anderson were signed up and fully registered by 5pm tonight. Has nobody heard any word or confirmations?

HibeeMcGinn1
02-01-2010, 05:56 PM
I dont see any reason why Smith wouldnt be signed up. To be honest Im not really sure what he would had to go through but with it being announced at 5 past 12, we had about 40 hours to do what we needed.

Hibbyradge
02-01-2010, 05:57 PM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Graeme-Smith39s-arrival-leaves-question.5951189.jp

CB_NO3
02-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Am I missing something regarding Anderson. I thought Yogi said last week it was not happening. Are people on here just wishful thinking.

GloryGlory
02-01-2010, 06:13 PM
I dont see any reason why Smith wouldnt be signed up. To be honest Im not really sure what he would had to go through but with it being announced at 5 past 12, we had about 40 hours to do what we needed.

We need international clearance - not sure what the opening hours are for the SFA and FA to deal with that over the New Year holiday.

Judas Iscariot
02-01-2010, 06:17 PM
FFS Petrie :grr:

Mare penny pinchin' :agree:

Toaods
02-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Anderson continued to be an unused sub for Sunderland today v Barrow in the FA Cup.

Can't see him joining at this stage if ever. If we were prepared to pay up to £200K to get Nish and Rankin then surely if HUghes wants to get Anderson in then we had to submit a half decent bid rather than hope he was simply released. At the end of the day, ***** or not, they forked out a million quid for him and have virtually nothing in return.

Speedy
02-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Am I missing something regarding Anderson. I thought Yogi said last week it was not happening. Are people on here just wishful thinking.

He was on the bench for Sunderland today so it doesn't look like it's happening.

Gus
02-01-2010, 06:25 PM
sorry if posted, but BBC say Smith has signed

Spike Mandela
02-01-2010, 06:49 PM

Any more word on medicals:dunno:

Judas Iscariot
02-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Dads mate who heard from someone in hibs club whos got connections. My mate said it was in paper yesterday

So it wasn't the fishman :confused:

Spike Mandela
06-01-2010, 06:10 PM
French guy training with Hibs this week according to the bounce. Anyone confirm:dunno:

Hibby Kay-Yay
06-01-2010, 06:12 PM
French guy training with Hibs this week according to the bounce. Anyone confirm:dunno:

boozy?
:devil:

GreenCastle
07-01-2010, 02:49 PM

Thought I would dig this up....:cool2: Posted 1/1/10

So part 1 is correct :top marks

What about Bamba going then :confused:

davemcbain
07-01-2010, 03:13 PM
I heard there's a guy Mcleod who might fancy a move to a decent Edinburgh club.

McIntosh
07-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Thought I would dig this up....:cool2: Posted 1/1/10

So part 1 is correct :top marks

What about Bamba going then :confused:

According to my nephew Hibs are preparing for Bamba's departure in this window and have had as normally happens several players on trial. Their top targets remains Barr and Anderson which while denied is now common knowledge.

In relation to departures Bolton have enquired about the availabilty of a number of Hibs players but their number one target is Bamba. There has also been informal enquires from several Premiership and championship clubs concerning Bamba and this may or maynot come as a surprise but these include West Ham, Arsenal, Spurs and Middlesbrough. RP by all accounts expects a bidding war to commence and to fully reach its peak in the summer but that "a desperate club may break the bank before the end of the winter transfer window".

My nephew believes JH will leave but he expects him to go to a bigger club than Burnley - I have to qualify this statement by saying that this is his opinion while the above are well sourced from within the game.

Golden Bear
07-01-2010, 04:17 PM
According to my nephew Hibs are preparing for Bamba's departure in this window and have had as normally happens several players on trial. Their top targets remains Barr and Anderson which while denied is now common knowledge.

In relation to departures Bolton have enquired about the availabilty of a number of Hibs players but their number one target is Bamba. There has also been informal enquires from several Premiership and championship clubs concerning Bamba and this may or maynot come as a surprise but these include West Ham, Arsenal, Spurs and Middlesbrough. RP by all accounts expects a bidding war to commence and to fully reach its peak in the summer but that "a desperate club may break the bank before the end of the winter transfer window".

My nephew believes JH will leave but he expects him to go to a bigger club than Burnley - I have to qualify this statement by saying that this is his opinion while the above are well sourced from within the game.

I bet Zemmama is one of the them.

McIntosh
07-01-2010, 04:25 PM
I bet Zemmama is one of the them.

You've got it in one.

Speedway
07-01-2010, 08:49 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8447248.stm

Good to hear.

Westie1875
07-01-2010, 09:03 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8447248.stm

Good to hear.

Well, that was a very firm no :thumbsup:

sixtwo
07-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Quality interview from Yogi!:thumbsup:

McIntosh
07-01-2010, 10:09 PM