PDA

View Full Version : Yogi's rant with Bamba

woody47
27-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Does anyone know what Yogi went mental about with Bamba in the 1st half? Thought Yogi was going to lose the plot.

Calvin
27-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Bamba came over saying that Maka was injured. Yogi knew this fine well and told him that he knew and he should get back to being a centre defender and stop telling him what to do.

Shortly after this Hughes called someone, either Maka or Bamba a "*****ing coward" in conversation with his assistant.

Hibs Spain
27-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Does anyone know what Yogi went mental about with Bamba in the 1st half? Thought Yogi was going to lose the plot.Yeh ..After a passage of play that ended up with Maka having to come out of his box to clear.Yogi thought Maka's kick should have been better.Bamba was trying to explain that Maka was struggling with his kicking cos of an injury and ended up coming right into Yogi's face and repeated it about four times till Yogi got the point.After that Bamba and Hanlon took the goal kicks

skipster7
27-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Does anyone know what Yogi went mental about with Bamba in the 1st half? Thought Yogi was going to lose the plot.
maybe when he decided to pass the ball out of his box instead of clearing his lines and contributed hugely to their second goal ?
btw the guys on the radio on the way home were laughing at bamba getting the sponsors MOM, billy dodds saying he was the second worst hibs player after Maka:confused: .was just ok for me.
-

camthebam
27-12-2009, 03:56 PM
maybe when he decided to pass the ball out of his box instead of clearing his lines and contributed hugely to their second goal ?
btw the guys on the radio on the way home were laughing at bamba getting the sponsors MOM, billy dodds saying he was the second worst hibs player after Maka:confused: .was just ok for me.
-

Billy Dodds can * right off. He's a die-hard hun and a hibs hater to boot.

Bamba was brilliant today.

If him (big Sol) and Yogi had a fall out it's because it's they're two similar characters. If Yogi was calling Sol a coward I'll eat my own shoes. Pish, whoever said that.

Maka maybe, not Sol.

WHUHibs
27-12-2009, 04:01 PM
The truth is Bamba was making a point to Hughes that he is fed up with Maka and his injury,,,,,,and was getting a message to hughes fro someone to get it through to him...

SRHibs
27-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Tbh, as ***** as Maka is, his teammates shouldn't be getting at him in the game. Only going to cause his confidence to go down even further.
Everyone is their own best critic, I'm sure he didn't need to be told he was having a ***** game.

I think he was probably feigning injury like he's done previously.

Pretty Boy
27-12-2009, 04:06 PM
IMO if Flynn is considered good enough to be in the 1st team squad and on the bence then he should be good enough to come on and play.

Maka couldn't kick the ball which made a nightmare day for him even worse.

DirtyDeeds
27-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Was fairly close to what was going on, fairly sure that Yogi was going mental at Maka sclaffing or delaying a kick out and nearly getting caught in possession. Bamba was trying to explain that Maka had done his knee as i dont reckon Yogi was aware. Nothin more than that as far as i could see.

thebakerboy
27-12-2009, 04:31 PM
It wasnt very difficult to be Hibs best player today and I totally agree cause he was only player that was trying for most of the game. I also think we missed McBride more than anyone and have no one to replace him like for like.But feel what we missed today was 11 guys playing for the jersey and I hope Yogi gives it to them hard for next couple of days.

Jonnyboy
27-12-2009, 08:22 PM
The truth is Bamba was making a point to Hughes that he is fed up with Maka and his injury,,,,,,and was getting a message to hughes fro someone to get it through to him...

You did well to identify that truth from your place in the East Stand :wink:

Hibee_Rab
27-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Tbh, as ***** as Maka is, his teammates shouldn't be getting at him in the game. Only going to cause his confidence to go down even further.
Everyone is their own best critic, I'm sure he didn't need to be told he was having a ***** game.

I think he was probably feigning injury like he's done previously.
BS. Not one shred of proof for that.

brydekirk
27-12-2009, 08:34 PM
IMO if Flynn is considered good enough to be in the 1st team squad and on the bence then he should be good enough to come on and play.

Maka couldn't kick the ball which made a nightmare day for him even worse.
:agree::agree: maka wonted off at 30mins. yogi asked him to hang on ten, then he comes out for the 2nd half.:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

Greenblood70
27-12-2009, 08:38 PM

Funny how every time Maka starts having a bad game he suddenly starts limping tho', if he was truly injured why would the management team keep him on? You can't deny he's got previous for this?

I too heard from a friend who sits behind the dug out that Yogi clearly said one of his players was a coward today. I know who I think it was.

steakbake
27-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Funny how every time Maka starts having a bad game he suddenly starts limping tho', if he was truly injured why would the management team keep him on? You can't deny he's got previous for this?

I too heard from a friend who sits behind the dug out that Yogi clearly said one of his players was a coward today. I know who I think it was.

Yes. Yes. And Yes.

Jonnyboy
27-12-2009, 08:41 PM

Yogi also said in his post match interview "I looked the big fella in the eye ...." so I'm assuming Maka was lying down at the time :greengrin

hibee_girl
27-12-2009, 08:42 PM

Because, as Yogi has said himself, he felt Flynn was too inexperienced for the game today

GC
27-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Yogi also said in his post match interview "I looked the big fella in the eye ...." so I'm assuming Maka was lying down at the time :greengrin

Today I actually thought that he was faking the injury though, I was not at the same and watched on the telly and the close ups of Maka you could see on his face he, he looked terrified to be out there at times.

Also he managed to launch a kick up the park after staying on and didn't show any pain on his face after he connected, something which you would expect if your hamstring is as bad as he was making out.

mcfly
27-12-2009, 08:46 PM
maka was at fault for 3 goals today in my view.

he is too inconsistent and we need stack back in goals cause apart from hogg i wasnt too impressed with the defence today and they need a decent keeper behind them.

maka is out of contract and in my view he shouldnt get another aames he makes too may howlers in big big games

Houchy
27-12-2009, 08:48 PM

If him (big Sol) and Yogi had a fall out it's because it's they're two similar characters. If Yogi was calling Sol a coward I'll eat my own shoes. Pish, whoever said that.

Maka maybe, not Sol.

Not related to todays game but I was at the darts for the premier league in Glasgow and Dodds was sitting just in front of us in the VIP section. A load of Celtic fans wrote on their 180 boards "we'll be having a party when the queen dies" then asked Dodds if they could get their picture taken with him. Dodds agreed and the boys held up the sign but as they were in front of him, he couldn't read it. They showed him the picture afterwards and his face was a picture in itself!!!

Hibs On Tour
27-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Bamba came over saying that Maka was injured. Yogi knew this fine well and told him that he knew and he should get back to being a centre defender and stop telling him what to do.

Shortly after this Hughes called someone, either Maka or Bamba a "*****ing coward" in conversation with his assistant.

More than once that Maka has appeared to pull something in his leg in the middle of having a howler... some run of coincidences if its not the case!

Greenblood70
27-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Because, as Yogi has said himself, he felt Flynn was too inexperienced for the game today

I agree he may have been protecting Flynn to an extent, but that does not explain the coward remarks, that apparantly were not only directed from the manager from what I hear. I think that was why he probably made those remarks (and there is no doubt in my mind he and others did), because in feigning injury in that way he was exposing an ineperienced youngster to situation he may not have been ready for.

I'm sorry, but I've defended Maka in the past but today I was disappointed in him I'm afraid.

Hibs Spain
27-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Yogi also said in his post match interview "I looked the big fella in the eye ...." so I'm assuming Maka was lying down at the time :greengrinI thought he said I'll look the big fella in the eyes and ask him if he's ok but was referring to him playing on Wednesday if there was doubt about his fitness.Anyone would have noticed his goal kicks weren't reaching the halfway line when he could ordinarily kick it into the Forth?? Don't suppose you noticed him clearing pass backs subsequent to his injury with his left foot which were crossing the half way line? A rare quality for a right footer.

Jonnyboy
27-12-2009, 09:00 PM
I thought he said I'll look the big fella in the eyes and ask him if he's ok but was referring to him playing on Wednesday if there was doubt about his fitness.Anyone would have noticed his goal kicks weren't reaching the halfway line when he could ordinarily kick it into the Forth?? Don't suppose you noticed him clearing pass backs subsequent to his injury with his left foot which were crossing the half way line? A rare quality for a right footer.

I did and was suitably impressed :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
27-12-2009, 09:01 PM
I thought he said I'll look the big fella in the eyes and ask him if he's ok but was referring to him playing on Wednesday if there was doubt about his fitness.Anyone would have noticed his goal kicks weren't reaching the halfway line when he could ordinarily kick it into the Forth?? Don't suppose you noticed him clearing pass backs subsequent to his injury with his left foot which were crossing the half way line? A rare quality for a right footer.

:agree: Top drawer.

scoopyboy
27-12-2009, 09:14 PM

Why not take bye kicks with his remarkable left foot?

Hibs Spain
27-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Why not take bye kicks with his remarkable left foot?Why do you think?C'mon,give us your answer..

steakbake
27-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Cos he shat it?

scoopyboy
27-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Why do you think?C'mon,give us your answer..

I asked the question, rather than simply throw the question back try answering it.

Houchy
27-12-2009, 09:28 PM

That's no' much bloody good though is it.

You're putting across your case for him kicking a ball but what about the important part of a 'keepers job... keeping the ball out the ***** net!!!

Hibs Spain
27-12-2009, 09:44 PM
I asked the question, rather than simply throw the question back try answering it.I know the answer as would anyone who has played even in the lowest amateur leagues. Go on then...Ask a friend if you're struggling..:cool2:

scoopyboy
27-12-2009, 09:54 PM
I know the answer as would anyone who has played even in the lowest amateur leagues. Go on then...Ask a friend if you're struggling..:cool2:

Oh I'm not struggling but I wonder why you are not so keen to tell us.

Most people find it easier to kick a ball further when it is rolling towards them.

However on a day when a Hibs player is obviously struggling the best you can come up with is he was kicking it well with his left foot. Not that well he can take bye kicks with it however and as anyone who has played even in the lowest amateur leagues can tell you when a defender takes a bye kick he plays every opposition player onside.

So basically your left footed mate is basically as good as a chocolate tea pot.

Your love in with Maka is to this messageboard what Comical Ali was to the Iraqi war effort.

Hibs Spain
27-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Oh I'm not struggling but I wonder why you are not so keen to tell us.

Most people find it easier to kick a ball further when it is rolling towards them.

However on a day when a Hibs player is obviously struggling the best you can come up with is he was kicking it well with his left foot. Not that well he can take bye kicks with it however and as anyone who has played even in the lowest amateur leagues can tell you when a defender takes a bye kick he plays every opposition player onside.

So basically your left footed mate is basically as good as a chocolate tea pot.

Your love in with Maka is to this messageboard what Comical Ali was to the Iraqi war effort.You were doing well until the insults began.

scoopyboy
27-12-2009, 10:05 PM
You were doing well until the insults began.

It was meant to be light hearted comments to potentially take the heat out of the situation not insults.

Hibs Spain
27-12-2009, 10:13 PM
It was meant to be light hearted comments to potentially take the heat out of the situation not insults.OK ..You were doing well until the light hearted comments ...But you or anyone else can niggle me at any time.Not an issue.. :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
27-12-2009, 10:20 PM

Hughes should have made the change and brought on Flynn.... Or is it just another sub who Hughes does not rate like Galbraith???:grr:

IWasThere2016
27-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Let's be frank - Maka is spineless. Yogi knows it. The players know it. We know it.

He won't be here next season - and rightly so.

Baldy Foghorn
27-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Let's be frank - Maka is spineless. Yogi knows it. The players know it. We know it.

So Yogi must be spineless not to play Flynn???

Calvin
27-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Why should such a young keeper be thrown into such a high pressure, high profile game when a more experienced keeper can play?

EskbankHibby
27-12-2009, 10:39 PM
OK ..You were doing well until the light hearted comments ...But you or anyone else can niggle me at any time.Not an issue.. :greengrin

I have admired from afar your support of Maka HS, like yourself i am desperate for him to do well.

Kind of struggling not to criticise him tonight though if i'm being honest.

Simkin911
27-12-2009, 11:46 PM
So Yogi must be spineless not to play Flynn???

Perhaps not spineless but stupid nevertheless. Why continue to play an injured player, low on confidence and having a nightmare when there's a fit keeper on the bench?

If you never have any intention of playing Flynn then why bother even getting him stripped as sub? Really, what must Flynn be thinking?

Maka is injured and having a nightmare and yet still the guy can't get a game. How depressing for a guy trying to break into the team? :rolleyes:

YetholmHibee
28-12-2009, 03:11 AM
Quite right - Bamba expressing his feelings & concern about Maka's ability to play in goals.

Its a about passing on the 'ownership' of the problem . . . .

Pretty Boy
28-12-2009, 03:19 AM

, always have been, alway will be.

Cabbage1875
28-12-2009, 04:55 AM
If your hamstring is properly hurting there is absolutely no chance you can shell a ball up the park I'm afraid. The big man was at it and it embarrasses me to the core.

Beefster
28-12-2009, 06:32 AM

As misguided as he may be, he's not the one doling out unwarranted insults.

Greenblood70
28-12-2009, 09:52 AM

:top marks

Dashing Bob S
28-12-2009, 10:02 AM
The problem is that Flynn is two foot tall standing on a soapbox with both hands in the air. When I watched Byrne shooting against him at half-time at Kilmarnock my blood ran cold. I think I inadvertently scored one against him from the pie stall at the back of the stand.

lapsedhibee
28-12-2009, 10:13 AM
Yogi told Dung post-match that he was looking to bring in three or four keepers.

degenerated
28-12-2009, 10:35 AM
Don't suppose you noticed him clearing pass backs subsequent to his injury with his left foot which were crossing the half way line? A rare quality for a right footer.

id be much more impressed if he could cover his near post and refrain from diving before shots are struck, but i suppose we can't have everything.

Cropley10
28-12-2009, 11:26 AM

Well put G.

If nothing else good came of yesterday it was that Yogi and Rice know that despite being a lovely big fella and an athletic shot-stopper he's not fit for purpose.

Hibee_Rab
28-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Yogi told Dung post-match that he was looking to bring in three or four keepers. He meant he wanted to have 3 or 4 first choice keepers not bring in 3 or 4 more.

NOLA
28-12-2009, 12:15 PM

steady eddie.

Simkin911
28-12-2009, 12:21 PM
He meant he wanted to have 3 or 4 first choice keepers not bring in 3 or 4 more.

Given that Maka is Maka and Flynn isn't ready to play then bringing in 3-4 keepers is actually what is needed.

500miles
28-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Hibs have already destroyed the confidence of one promising young keeper by over exposing him in the last few years. Throwing Flynn into a game where we were already creaking under pressure from the league champions could have been a disaster for, not only the team, but the player personally.

Makalamby has no stones though, his play acting is pitiful, and, if Stack still isn't fit, I would give Flynn the shout in the lower profile game that is the Saints game, and see how he does. That is, if Yogi believes he has the ability in the first place.

lapsedhibee
28-12-2009, 12:49 PM
He meant he wanted to have 3 or 4 first choice keepers not bring in 3 or 4 more.

Perhaps, but since he only seems to have one keeper he regards as first team material and he's injured half the time, he probably does need to bring in 3 or 4 to have his 3 or 4.

Mikeystewart
28-12-2009, 01:52 PM
I may have missed a few posts but i thought one of the key factors in the poor defensive performance was not having Murray at left back. I haven't heard anyone mention it yet :confused:

The Green Goblin
28-12-2009, 05:14 PM
I was sitting 4 seats away from yogi when he lost the plot and shouted "he`s a fu***ng coward". I don`t think it was aimed at Bamba.

Meanwhile, as folks are queuing up to burn Maka at the stake (and I understand that, but read on), no-one has pointed out that after the Huns` 3rd goal, Zemmamma suddenly came across to the dug-out to rub deep heat or something on a mysterious injury to his upper thigh. He then spent the next 5-10 mins with his head down looking as if he was trying to run off a knock.

At which point, Yogi turned round to the fans behind the dug-out and said in a very loud and angry voice: "Zemmamma`s decided to chuck it".

So, fine - if Maka deserves the pelters, fine, he gets them, but enough of the selective criticism. While we`re all baying for Maka`s head, we should be honest enough to admit that there might have been more than one "f****ng coward" out there.

Or are some players exempt from criticism because they`re more skilfull?

GG

PISTOL1875
28-12-2009, 05:35 PM
I was sitting 4 seats away from yogi when he lost the plot and shouted "he`s a fu***ng coward". I don`t think it was aimed at Bamba.

Meanwhile, as folks are queuing up to burn Maka at the stake (and I understand that, but read on), no-one has pointed out that after the Huns` 3rd goal, Zemmamma suddenly came across to the dug-out to rub deep heat or something on a mysterious injury to his upper thigh. He then spent the next 5-10 mins with his head down looking as if he was trying to run off a knock.

At which point, Yogi turned round to the fans behind the dug-out and said in a very loud and angry voice: "Zemmamma`s decided to chuck it".

So, fine - if Maka deserves the pelters, fine, he gets them, but enough of the selective criticism. While we`re all baying for Maka`s head, we should be honest enough to admit that there might have been more than one "f****ng coward" out there.

GG

It was his hamstring he rubbed the deep heat onto.. That is why he had to come off...

PISTOL1875
28-12-2009, 05:35 PM

GG

That shout was aimed at Maka... I also sit behind Hughes and heard everything...

Danderhall Hibs
28-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Is anyone else a bit uncomfortable that Yogi is slating some of our players so the fans can hear him? Very Bobby Williamson like.

joebakerforever
28-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Is anyone else a bit uncomfortable that Yogi is slating some of our players so the fans can hear him? Very Bobby Williamson like.

I sit in the area behind Hughes and get p1ssed off with his playing to the Gallery at times.

Quite often during actual play, he turns round to the crowd and enters into banter.

He should fully concentrate on what is going on in the field of play instead of acting as Court Jester

Toaods
28-12-2009, 06:22 PM
The problem is that Flynn is two foot tall standing on a soapbox with both hands in the air. When I watched Byrne shooting against him at half-time at Kilmarnock my blood ran cold. I think I inadvertently scored one against him from the pie stall at the back of the stand.

he was the same height as Thomson as they stood chatting next to the tunnel at he end of half-time warm up.

GG

Zemmama comment was as clear as a bell. Pathetic behaviour from Hughes who seems to be more impressed with so-called bravery and graft than common sense.

Zemmama took two corners that barely made the first man, he then came over and applied teh 'deepheat' type ointment along the length of the back of his left leg. Next minute he tried a deft chip over the top to Stokes(?) which barely left the ground and made it look like a poor election of pass.

Taken into acount his chat with the crowd the other week when asking if anyone here(aaround the bench) was Irish? no response of course then he quips 'whatever you do dinnae effin work with them..!!"

also Wotherspoon had taken a knock and was awaiting treatment when Yogi starting screaming 'nothing wrong with him, tell him to get effin up'

Quite bizarre.

Franck Stanton
28-12-2009, 06:36 PM

Whenever Maka has a howler of a game [ frequently] and it is apparrent will most likely be dropped for next game he always starts limping/feigning injury, don't like coming onto these boards and slating any hibs player but honestly believe Maka's past his sell by date. I feel the defence don't have any confidence in him and as a result their own game is affected especially when a simple passback to take the sting out of the oppositions attack is simply ruled out to them as an option. How many more points is he going to cost us ?

Simkin911
28-12-2009, 08:04 PM
I must confess I'm somewhat disturbed to hear the unprofessional antics of Yogi. I'd hope these comments are exceptional rather than the norm. :rolleyes:

Toaods
28-12-2009, 08:49 PM
I must confess I'm somewhat disturbed to hear the unprofessional antics of Yogi. I'd hope these comments are exceptional rather than the norm. :rolleyes:

if he believes him to be a coward why send him back out?

When your in the trenches better alonside someone with a bad shot than someone that doesnae even pick the gun up.

Toaods
28-12-2009, 08:58 PM

I'm interested to know what the players think of such comments. Maybe too scared to say anything, is he a bully?

Simkin911
28-12-2009, 09:08 PM
I agree with the logic you're applying in the final sentence but the comments attributed to Yogi re Wotherspoon are out of order.

"also Wotherspoon had taken a knock and was awaiting treatment when Yogi starting screaming 'nothing wrong with him, tell him to get effin up'"

a) Yogi isn't qualified to make a medical diagnosis on a possible injury from 20, 30 yards or whatever.... (unless it's a clearly snapped leg or decapitation in which case most people in the stadium could see it)

b) I don't believe for a second that Wotherspoon would be faking a need for treatment on a knock

c) Sounds like poor man management to me and not necessarily the type of behaviour that will gain the respect and trust of the players and supporters. It does sound like the behaviour of a bully.

Baldy Foghorn
28-12-2009, 09:10 PM

Yes a couple of things that irritates me, is his slating our players, acting to crowd, and barracking players whilst play is still continuing.....

Baldy Foghorn
28-12-2009, 09:11 PM
I agree with the logic you're applying in the final sentence but the comments attributed to Yogi re Wotherspoon are out of order.

"also Wotherspoon had taken a knock and was awaiting treatment when Yogi starting screaming 'nothing wrong with him, tell him to get effin up'"

a) Yogi isn't qualified to make a medical diagnosis on a possible injury from 20, 30 yards or whatever.... (unless it's a clearly snapped leg or decapitation in which case most people in the stadium could see it)

b) I don't believe for a second that Wotherspoon would be faking a need for treatment on a knock

c) Sounds like poor man management to me and not necessarily the type of behaviour that will gain the respect and trust of the players and supporters. It does sound like the behaviour of a bully.

That seems to be his style, and pretty poor it is too......

Toaods
28-12-2009, 09:25 PM

would stress this incident was the Motherwell game, not against Rangers and I think it was Wotherspoon but was certainly left of the bench.

Hibs Spain
28-12-2009, 09:28 PM

Yes,I am.As you know I'm pretty close to the home dug out and he actually kicks off in a strangely personal way. He's not screaming at the sky,he's actually shouting / giving his views to what amounts to a mini audience behind him.And I do think it's something he should cut back on.He seems to have the concentration span of a gnat.Purple with rage,screaming and shouting,then turning to us with that cheeky grin and a bit of banter literally within seconds.I'm for him and really hope he does it for us but there's always room for improvement.

stubru59
28-12-2009, 09:33 PM
I'm interested to know what the players think of such comments. Maybe too scared to say anything, is he a bully?

Many many moons ago, Jock Stein was told a certain player had sustained a head injury, and as a result was completely disorientated. Stein told the physio
(having used all the subs) to tell the player he was fine and to just carry on.

Players were less pampered then, and being told to get your finger out your hole was par for course.

In an emotional game, and to which a number of Hibs players clearly bottled it, the manager - rightly - expressed his thoughts.

That is not bullying, that is saying it how it is.

FranckSuzy
28-12-2009, 09:41 PM
TBH, I'm surprised that people think that Yogi would be any different from when he was a player?? I recall seeing him on numerous occasions making gestures to the Hibs fans (usually at a derby game), GIRUY to the Jambo's etc, signalling that he was going to get bevvied after the game etc. He's a showman, whether you like it or not. IMHO, I'd rather that than a suit, standing all reserved on the touchline, showing no passion for the game.

He's had spats with the players before but he also picks them up, kisses them (!) and has a laugh with them. Firm but fair springs to mind. Rather have that than a Collins, or Gannon as it now transpires....:thumbsup:

fife hfc
28-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Strange that nobody has been on here moaning about Yogi until now after a heavy defeat. I don't know and care about what he does( I sit in the upper FF) as long as we win. Basically he wears his heart on his sleeve and wants the players to give 100% for the cause like we all do. So it must piss him off to see certain players fail to do this and maka was the prime example yesterday.

Toaods
28-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Many many moons ago, Jock Stein was told a certain player had sustained a head injury, and as a result was completely disorientated. Stein told the physio

Players were less pampered then, and being told to get your finger out your hole was par for course.

In an emotional game, and to which a number of Hibs players clearly bottled it, the manager - rightly - expressed his thoughts.

...not very professional then eh?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
28-12-2009, 10:27 PM
Yes,I am.As you know I'm pretty close to the home dug out and he actually kicks off in a strangely personal way. He's not screaming at the sky,he's actually shouting / giving his views to what amounts to a mini audience behind him.And I do think it's something he should cut back on.He seems to have the concentration span of a gnat.Purple with rage,screaming and shouting,then turning to us with that cheeky grin and a bit of banter literally within seconds.I'm for him and really hope he does it for us but there's always room for improvement.

Guess thats just how the big fellae gets through a game. Sir Alex chews gum, and Calderwood jangles his knackers......

Seems to be working.......

silverhibee
28-12-2009, 11:53 PM

He was at Falkirk.:rolleyes:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
29-12-2009, 12:00 AM

He was at Falkirk.:rolleyes:

So, are there any poor wee souls at Hibs complaining about this bully, or will they just man-up, get on with it, and make something of themselves?

oldbutdim
29-12-2009, 01:44 AM

I thought that was going to be the John Lambie story.
Same background - player disorientated "He disnae ken who he is" says the physio, Get him ****in up an tell him he's Pele" says Lambie.

I thought it was funny.

matty_f
29-12-2009, 01:53 AM
I literally couldn't care less if Yogi booted the players up the erse if he thought the performance wasn't good enough after any given game, nor if he wrote an open letter to the EEN slating the players if it meant he pushed the standards up and thought it would get the best out of players.

IIRC, he shouted at Maka after Maka had hesitated to come and clear his lines with Boyd running in on him. We saw a similar incident a couple of weeks back (against Motherwell, maybe?) when we could have conceded a penalty because Maka hesitated in coming out to clear.

Might just be me, but I want the players to know that it's not acceptable to give anything less than 100% in a game, that it's not acceptable to shirk challenges or hide during a game. If that means Yogi gives someone a roasting for it, then I can live with it.

matty_f
29-12-2009, 01:54 AM
I thought that was going to be the John Lambie story.
Same background - player disorientated "He disnae ken who he is" says the physio, Get him ****in up an tell him he's Pele" says Lambie.

I thought it was funny.
:thumbsup: Great story, that one. :greengrin

Oscar Lomax
29-12-2009, 05:32 AM

Maka maybe, not Sol.

Did you actually see the game? Bamba was shocking. I cant really understand the support he get's on here, along with Makalamby. Personally Makalamby should never grace the Hibs goal again. You will never win games with someone like that in goal, never. Stacks not the greatest but he is a hell off a lot better than him.

EasterRoad4Ever
29-12-2009, 06:14 AM
Strange that nobody has been on here moaning about Yogi until now after a heavy defeat. I don't know and care about what he does( I sit in the upper FF) as long as we win. Basically he wears his heart on his sleeve and wants the players to give 100% for the cause like we all do. So it must piss him off to see certain players fail to do this and maka was the prime example yesterday.

:agree: we've just gone 12 unbeaten, sit 3rd in the league,pushing the OF, and some on this board are berating our manager's style and seem to be losing their bottle. We all knew Yogi was a bit of a rough character and arguably less professional than previous Hibs managers - so why the surprise ?

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2009, 09:47 AM
:agree: we've just gone 12 unbeaten, sit 3rd in the league,pushing the OF, and some on this board are berating our manager's style and seem to be losing their bottle. We all knew Yogi was a bit of a rough character and arguably less professional than previous Hibs managers - so why the surprise ?

Some of those berating him didn't want him, and are looking for any excuse to have a go. It makes them feel as if they were right all along.:bitchy:

Danderhall Hibs
29-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Some of those berating him didn't want him, and are looking for any excuse to have a go. It makes them feel as if they were right all along.:bitchy:

Can I just say I’m not one of them. I did want him and am happy with him – I just don’t like him acting like a stand-up comedian and criticising some of the players to a wee group of fans behind the dug-out.

Judas Iscariot
29-12-2009, 09:51 AM
I wonder why it is that nobody felt the need to complain about Yogi's "antics" until after Sundays result :confused:

Surely it can't be anything to do with the 12 game unbeaten run can it :rolleyes:

Nobody had a problem with it when we were winning but now after 1 defeat in 13 it's unacceptable :rolleyes:

I suppose if you don't think Maka is a problem you have to deflect the attention elsewhere and where better than at the doorstep of our manager :bitchy:

col02
29-12-2009, 10:16 AM
I wonder why it is that nobody felt the need to complain about Yogi's "antics" until after Sundays result :confused:

Surely it can't be anything to do with the 12 game unbeaten run can it :rolleyes:

Nobody had a problem with it when we were winning but now after 1 defeat in 13 it's unacceptable :rolleyes:

I suppose if you don't think Maka is a problem you have to deflect the attention elsewhere and where better than at the doorstep of our manager :bitchy:

Snipers have obviously been waiting to have a go at Hughes. While I think his tactics were a wee bit wrong for the Rangers game you cannot argue with the record before the last defeat. I think we should wait and see what reaction Hibs produce before condemning them!

J-C
29-12-2009, 10:22 AM

Are these the same people who were shouting for Jim Gannon to be manager, christ we lucky that didn't happen then eh!

Hibs Spain
29-12-2009, 10:23 AM
I literally couldn't care less if Yogi booted the players up the erse if he thought the performance wasn't good enough after any given game, nor if he wrote an open letter to the EEN slating the players if it meant he pushed the standards up and thought it would get the best out of players.

IIRC, he shouted at Maka after Maka had hesitated to come and clear his lines with Boyd running in on him. We saw a similar incident a couple of weeks back (against Motherwell, maybe?) when we could have conceded a penalty because Maka hesitated in coming out to clear.

Might just be me, but I want the players to know that it's not acceptable to give anything less than 100% in a game, that it's not acceptable to shirk challenges or hide during a game. If that means Yogi gives someone a roasting for it, then I can live with it.Everyone was making a hash of clearing that ball and shen Maka finally cleared it he kinda crapped it a wee bit..ie he wasn't going to be going right through their guy and consequently the ball spun away to safety about 20yds up the pitch instead of 100yds.That's when Bamba had come over and explain Maka was injured and that's when Yogi called him a coward.

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Are these the same people who were shouting for Jim Gannon to be manager, christ we lucky that didn't happen then eh!

:agree: yes some, although if we had got Gannon, we might now be so excited, we'd burst with pride knowing pa broon was the new saviour.:wink:

degenerated
29-12-2009, 10:54 AM

i didn't want him, but have changed my tune now and am more than happy with him at the helm. i couldn't care less if he berates the players or not as long as he gets results. he managed to remain somewhat calmer than i would have done, makalamby would have got my big toe right up the crack of his erchie on the way off the park if i was the manager.

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2009, 10:57 AM
i didn't want him, but have changed my tune now and am more than happy with him at the helm. i couldn't care less if he berates the players or not as long as he gets results. he managed to remain somewhat calmer than i would have done, makalamby would have got my big toe right up the crack of his erchie on the way off the park if i was the manager.

:top marks:notworthy:

rainman
29-12-2009, 11:05 AM

You'll probably find them on this thread. This was started back in September (the last time we lost a game). The first 5 or 6 pages in particular are belters, especially with what's happened with Gannon since then.

http://hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=162057&page=2

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2009, 11:38 AM
You'll probably find them on this thread. This was started back in September (the last time we lost a game). The first 5 or 6 pages in particular are belters, especially with what's happened with Gannon since then.

:faf::faf::faf: There are some crackers in there, by the usual anti yogi brigade. :devil: 17 games he's had, and the progress is there for all to see, as Gannon had too, although he wont see an 18th.:wink:

Danderhall Hibs
29-12-2009, 11:59 AM
:faf::faf::faf: There are some crackers in there, by the usual anti yogi brigade. :devil: 17 games he's had, and the progress is there for all to see, as Gannon had too, although he wont see an 18th.:wink:

Just read it all as well. Some quality contributions.

Good prediction from Doddie about Gannon as well.

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2009, 12:27 PM
Just read it all as well. Some quality contributions.

Good prediction from Doddie about Gannon as well.

As soon as we have 1 bad result, the usual suspects are on Yogi's back. Although you have to go back a fair while to see those who are bursting at the seems get stuck in. :faf:

And Doddie was spot on. :top marks

clerriehibs
29-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Not related to todays game but I was at the darts for the premier league in Glasgow and Dodds was sitting just in front of us in the VIP section. A load of Celtic fans wrote on their 180 boards "we'll be having a party when the queen dies" then asked Dodds if they could get their picture taken with him. Dodds agreed and the boys held up the sign but as they were in front of him, he couldn't read it. They showed him the picture afterwards and his face was a picture in itself!!!

celtc skhum, eh?

hfc rd
29-12-2009, 03:42 PM

Maka maybe, not Sol.

I totally agree. Dodds is one biased f****** hun. He kens f*** all about footbal and he thinks his analysis is just as good as his hun pals Andy Gray & Souness.

Toaods
29-12-2009, 04:52 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;2289044] the usual suspects [ /QUOTE]

are there not usual suspects in every discussion?

there were certainly main protagonists to get rid of each of the last 3 managers, 4 goalkeepers, every young player as soon as he has gone off the boil, not forgetting those that condemned the resigning of Riordan.

never are us football fans in agreement, which is what we all love about it...the way we can easily stand and have a pint with someone having explained why they were talking a loady ***** all along.....:greengrin

PaulSmith
29-12-2009, 04:54 PM

As you say there are some crackers..

I'm wi you Toaods.

I backed Ryehill in his support of Gannon and I stick by that.

IMHO, RP's gone for the cheap - and what he thought was the safe - option again .. And what do you know

rainman
29-12-2009, 04:58 PM

I'm wi you Toaods.

IMHO, RP's gone for the cheap - and what he thought was the safe - option again .. And what do you know

And what do you know, safely into 3rd place at christmas, not too far off the old firm. I love these cheap and cheerful managers.

Toaods
29-12-2009, 05:09 PM
And what do you know, safely into 3rd place at christmas, not too far off the old firm. I love these cheap and cheerful managers.

tell you what the Yam faithfull know

...they know we usualy make a decent start, get all excited then fade.

if there game is on this midweek and they beat Motherwell then come to ER and turn us over the knees will start knocking for some.

of course I hope Yogi take us to third at least and if it means a few favourites biting the dust then so be it. What I find concerning is that we haven't really been dismantling teams theh way we did under the positives spells McLeish and Mowbray had us playing. It's well documented we have won games and have great strikers, but a bit more gelling is needed before I'll start to be convinced.

I thought Yogi was a 'coward' at TTynie the way he didn't really go at them - time will tell if we see the same at ER against them.

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2009, 05:17 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;2289044]the usual suspects [ /QUOTE]

ar ethere not usual suspects in every discussion?

there were certainly main protagonists to get rid of each of the last 3 managers, 4 goalkeepers , every young player as soon as he has gone off the boil, not forgetting those that condemned the resigning of Riordan.

never are us football fans in agreement, which is what we all love about it...the way we can easily stand and have a pint with someone having explained why they were talking a loady ***** all along.....:greengrin

:top marks :wink: :greengrin

rainman
29-12-2009, 05:31 PM
tell you what the Yam faithfull know

...they know we usualy make a decent start, get all excited then fade.

if there game is on this midweek and they beat Motherwell then come to ER and turn us over the knees will start knocking for some.

of course I hope Yogi take us to third at least and if it means a few favourites biting the dust then so be it. What I find concerning is that we haven't really been dismantling teams theh way we did under the positives spells McLeish and Mowbray had us playing. It's well documented we have won games and have great strikers, but a bit more gelling is needed before I'll start to be convinced.

I thought Yogi was a 'coward' at TTynie the way he didn't really go at them - time will tell if we see the same at ER against them.

I agree and hope we continue to improve at the rate we have since Yogi took over.

Mowbray managed to get us flying in his first full season but McLeish took a while to get everything in place that he needed. Yogi is heading in the right direction so thats good enough for me. No manager is ever judged on individual games against hearts. If we lost every game in the seaon against them but won a cup and finished 3rd, he would be a success.

J-C
29-12-2009, 10:37 PM

I'm wi you Toaods.

Are you for real, the cheap option, how do you come to that conclusion. :confused:

Do you know what Yogi was offered to take the job, or even what Gannon had asked for when interviewed. Under Hughes's leadership we are 3rd, chasing the ugly sisters and playing half decent football again, while entertaining the crowd into the bargain.

Gannon didn't want to sign a contract, why ??

He's alienated himself from the playing staff and board, what on earth has he done to do that, remember he came up here with a reputation as a bit of a loud mouth and trouble maker, which he's shown again is a big fault in his makeup.

I'll keep yogi ta, Hibs through and through and with a vision for the team that'll last more than just a few months until the next better offer come along.

sambajustice
29-12-2009, 10:47 PM
TBH, I'm surprised that people think that Yogi would be any different from when he was a player?? I recall seeing him on numerous occasions making gestures to the Hibs fans (usually at a derby game), GIRUY to the Jambo's etc, signalling that he was going to get bevvied after the game etc. He's a showman, whether you like it or not. IMHO, I'd rather that than a suit, standing all reserved on the touchline, showing no passion for the game.

He's had spats with the players before but he also picks them up, kisses them (!) and has a laugh with them. Firm but fair springs to mind. Rather have that than a Collins, or Gannon as it now transpires....:thumbsup:

Thats hilarious, brilliant! :faf:

FranckSuzy
29-12-2009, 11:21 PM

Thats hilarious, brilliant! :faf:

All true my man! Used to witness it from the main stand. Had a very funny conversation with him at the Le God 'do' also which to me, showed the character of the man.

silverhibee
30-12-2009, 12:25 AM
Bathgatehibby are you reading this thread as you have PM.

Phil MaGlass
30-12-2009, 10:43 AM

I think we should be more worried about the cowards we do have in the squad,I back Maka regularly but after the buns game hes used all his credit with me,the guys a pu55y and a coward, as for the Zemama comment from Yogi,seems too many of our players take the easy way out and feign injury, some have the damn baws to stay on and moan and not contribute f,all to a game, Benji and Deeks are prime examples at times.
But I do think these things should be said closed doors to players and not with hundreds of fans in the vacinity.