PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

hibeemikey21
27-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Maka - 4 - Not great by any means but nowhere near as bad as some will undoubtedly make out. Wouldnt blame him for Miller's goal but had to do better for Novo's

Wotherspoon - 5 - Guilty of poor distribution throughout the game but made a few decent attacking runs.

Hogg - 4 - Abysmal in the first half, Miller had him on toast. Was at fault for the first goal IMO and didnt get the ball out of the area for the second. Had Bamba not been there today I think he would have looked a lot worse.

Bamba - 9 - Excellent today. Really imposed himself, made a few cracking runs out of the back and read the game really well. Really worried about the defence without him.

Hanlon - 4 - Again, not great. Very similar to Wotherspoon today minus the runs.

Rankin - 5 - Ok but nothing special. Few good tackles and one of his squiggler attempts was so poor it turned into a crackin pass!

Miller - 6 - Lost the ball for the first goal but was very neat with his play in the main. Think he needs to realise he is not playing with players of the quality he has done in the past. As a result he often plays more limited players into danger inadvertently.

Zemmama - 7 - Running the game at the start but for some reason didnt get on the ball much after half an hour onwards. Great run for the goal.

Riordan - 2 - You would have been excused for not realising he was playing today. To blame for their second goal.

Nish - 5 - Worked hard but his touch let him down too many times today.

Stokes - 6 - Again, cant fault the effort but nothing really came off after his goal. Superb finish though!

Subs:

McCormack - 3 - Looked a lot more assured at right back than Wotherspoon, who, in turn improved in midfield.

Galbraith - 3 - Fighting a losing battle when he came on but put in a decent shift.

Benji - 4 - Produced some really nice stuff when he came on. I might go with him for St Johnstone.

King Paddy
27-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Agree with most of your ratings except i would have given Roirden nil. He contributed zilch.

hibee_girl
27-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Maka 5 - at fault for the 3rd goal but he wasn't helped by the woeful defending going on in front of him

Wotherspoon 5 - Worst game I've seen from him

Hogg 6 - Didn't cover himself in glory for the 2nd goal but apart from that he was ok

Bamba 8 - Mostly brilliant but again he let us down at the 2nd goal

Hanlon 4 - Too slow

Rankin 5 - Made good tackles but his passing let him down

Miller 5 - Poor game from him

Zemamma 6 - Great play for the goal but disappeared after that and wasn't interested in winning the ball back once it crossed the half way line

Deek 1 - was never in the game at all

Nish 3 - Poor game from him

Stokes 6 - good goal

Pretty Boy
27-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Maka- 2 - One point for getting his kit and boots on properly, one for catching a cross in the first half, he had nothing else to be proud off.

Wotherspoon- 4 - Needs to be in midfield.

Hanlon- 3- Not the man to replace Bamab when he's away.

Hogg- 4 - Worst game in a while.

bamba- 7- best Hibs man, average performance from him.

Miller- 4- Worst performance in a Hibs jersey, at fault for first goal.

Rankin-3- the sooner McBride if fit the better, not good enough at breaking up the oppositions play.

Zemamma- 5- Great for 20 minutes, contributed nothing after.

Riordan- 2- Still sleeping off the Xmas dinner i think.

Nish-3- Was ok first 20 minutes then absolutely fell apart, should have been hooked earlier.

Stokes- 5- Scored, worked hard in phases, needs to get off his heels more often.

woody47
27-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Maka - 4 - Didn't look at all comfortable. Injured?

Wotherspoon - 6 - Tried hard.

Hogg - 5 - Nothing special

Bamba - 8 - Good game

Hanlon - 5 - Tried hard

Rankin - 3 - Midfielder who can't pass a simple ball.

Miller - 6 - Only real midfielder

Zemmama - 4 - Couple of good runs but mostly anonymous. Someone needs to show him how to pass a ball.

Riordan - 2 - Looked totally dejected but he didn't seem to get any passes. Has he pi$$ed the rest of the team off?

Nish - 2 - Woeful.

Stokes - 5 - Nothing special

Subs:

McCormack - 4 - Solid and likes to mix it.

Galbraith - 2 - Why didn't he use his pace?

Benji - 5 - Did more in the last 20 minutes than Nish did for the prevous 70. Should be on before Nish every time

Yogi - 3 - Why wait so long to sub Nish? Didn't seem to get tactics right at all today.

Malthibby
27-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Fair amount of agreement here, we were bullied by the Huns, committed suicide for the goals & few players were up to it.
Bamba was excellent, although he lost Miller for his goal, Stokes put in a hard shift, Maka messed up royally for the third, Miller's passing cost us today & even Wotherspoon finally had a bad one.
Still, was in line for what was apparently the fastest ever SPL goal & for 10 mins all looked well.
Shame so many folk left early, & special mention to the braindead racists somewhere behind me in the East shouting 'Gypsy spic' at Novo.:grr: That's not Hibs class.
Roll on Perth, perhaps the wake-up call we needed before the Derby.
GG

Sir David Gray
27-12-2009, 03:31 PM
Makalambay-4 Another poor performance. At fault for 3rd goal and possibly should have got a stronger hand to the shot for the 4th.

Hanlon-4 Don't think he's a LB.
Bamba-7 Thank God he played today or the score could have been REALLY embarrassing.
Hogg-5 I thought he did OK.
Wotherspoon-3 Very poor distribution, continually gave away possession.

Miller-4 Poor pass which gave away possession in the lead up to the first goal.
Zemmama-5 Great run to set up Stokes for the goal. Kept at it but he was kept fairly quiet.
Rankin-4 Poor.
Riordan-3 Possibly the worst he has ever been in a Hibs shirt.

Stokes-6 Only one who looked like threatening their goal. Good strike for the goal.
Nish-3 Terrible.

SUBS

Galbraith-3
Benji-3
McCormack-3

He Wore Number 4
27-12-2009, 03:49 PM
[QUOTE=hibeemikey21;2286816]Maka - 4 - Not great by any means but nowhere near as bad as some will undoubtedly make out. Wouldnt blame him for Miller's goal but had to do better for Novo's

The big man let himself down, esp coming back out for the 2nd half.
Flynn was being warmed up by Thomson to come on but Maka obv stated he was fit.

Where stack instills confidence in the defence, maka causes panic.
That's the difference.

Riordan - 2 - You would have been excused for not realising he was playing today. To blame for their second goal.

He cannot be blamed for that goal, the ball should have been punted up the park or out of play.
He had 2 players on him!
He was missing most of the game, but was not to blame.

Wotherspiniesta
27-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Maka 4- I'm a fan of Maka, but he was poor today. Getting beat at his near post like that is just not acceptable.

Wotherspoon 5- His distribution was unusually poor. Some nice turns inside, but was left totally exposed down the right. Run ragged by Novo.

Hogg 4- This was the same Hogg from the start of the season. Constantly out of position, looked sluggish and was never tight enough to Boyd or Miller.

Bamba 7- Great again. Charges forward and wins tackles. He had a couple of lapses in concentration but always puts in a great shift.

Hanlon 5- Not a very good game. Like DW, was left exposed at times. Poor deliveries when he got forward.

Miller 6- Again, not very good. Always a neat and tidy player but was caught in possession a few times today.

Rankin 4- Fully commited but playing him in KM's position just exposes him completely. His constant attempt at a squiggler is becoming embarassing.

Zemamma 7- Different class for the first 30 minutes. Disappeared from the game 2nd half as we started playing hoofball.

Deeks 2- Waste of a shirt today. Totally disinterested.

Stokes 6- Great finish for the goal and a decent touch from him today. Improving.

Nish 5- Not as bad as some people made out. Linked well at times.

Wotherspiniesta
27-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Zemmama - 4 - Couple of good runs but mostly anonymous. Someone needs to show him how to pass a ball.

:confused:

You mean like his pass for Stokes' goal today? Or his defence splitting pass for the first at Aberdeen last week?

I'm sure Zouma get the most assists in the spl 2 seasons ago

Simkin911
27-12-2009, 04:05 PM
Makalambay-2 Could have managed better for the 1st, 3rd & 4th goals. However, was injured so FFS why was he still on the pitch for the 3rd & 4th goals?

Hanlon-4 Looked shaky in a fairly shambolic defensive performance from the team - keeper would have inspired no confidence in him.

Bamba-7 Looked individually solid but was unaided by the quiet, reserved captain beside him.

Hogg - 4 At best an average CH who continues to be one the quietest captains to ever grace the ER scene. Sorry, isn't up to the job as captain. I'm not saying "bin him" but if we can't get better as a leader on the pitch then it's a worry. His performance was quite similar to that against Celtic at ER. Wins all the free headers and loses the others.

Wotherspoon-4 Yes, poor distribution, continually gave away possession and seemed to struggle against Novo and on the surface.

Miller-6 Poor pass which gave away possession in the lead up to the first goal but was, I think, the only player to continually look to receive the ball throughout the entire match and tried to play football.

Zemmama-5 Great run to set up Stokes for the goal but also struggled to make an impression and suffered from the problems moving the ball back to front (which was evident on both flanks).

Rankin-4 Was part of a generally poor midfield showing in which he looked lost on occasion.

Riordan-4 Generally a poor showing - no flashes of brilliance but I can't remember him receiving a quality pass all game before being subbed.

Stokes-6 Good finish and seemed to be willing to put in a real shift.

Nish-4 Largely ineffective and his height didn't cause Rangers any concerns.

SUBS (game over by this point)

Galbraith-3
Benji-4
McCormack-3

Yogi - 3 - If he didn't have any intentions of playing the reserve keeper then why bother having him on the bench? Flynn must be depressed to learn he's not considered to be better than an injured Maka. FFS.

down-the-slope
27-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Maka - 5 - Couple of good saves when put in trouble. poor positioning for 3rd and maybe should have come out quicker to close angle for millers first. Cant beleive how many back passes his team mates gave him after it was obvious he was injured

Wotherspoon - 5 - Got left too often after first 10 mins when Zemamma kept going inside laeving him exposed in defence and no width to pass into going forward. Novo toated him couple of time

Hogg - 6 - Decent in the air and reasonable match but not as composed as recent matches

Bamba - 7 - Not as disciplined as recent, got dragged out of position a few times and gave Riorden hospital pass when row z was option leading to 2nd goal. Kept back passing to injured Maka - gave good option pushing forward & good wining headers in the air

Hanlon - 5 - Like Spoony he suffered a bit from the midfileder in front of him going awol (Riorden) Solid in the tackle but not so effective going forward

Rankin - 6 - Worked hard and broke things up, but was part of the midfield that failed to take the ball under pressure (particularly 2nd half) and keep possesion.

Miller - 6 - At fault for first goal and almost repeated the same latter on. Kept trying to pass and retain possesion, but misses McBride riding shotgun when the chips are down.

Zemmama - 5 - Brilliant 10 minutes then was very ineffective particularly giving no protection to Spoony

Riordan - 3 - His lack of pace and interest in game was alarming, was lucky not to get hooked earlier.

Nish - 5 - Worked hard and was doing well until formation was altered second half and he was played up front when his touch went to bits before he was subbed.

Stokes - 6 - Great goal and worked hard. When system changed and he was wider left he was less involved. Could have done better with header and shot McGregor saved by crossing.

Subs:

McCormack - 4 - Looked strong without having enough time to influence game

Galbraith - 4 - was on 5 minutes before he touched the ball, at least made Broadfoot have to defend a bit more

Benji - 5 - Unlucky not to score and at least showed how to hold up ball with back to goal, not enough possesion to influence things.

All in all we were as a team well below what we can do. We have too many players who cannot seem to play at the top of their game for 90 mins. At least we still tried to play football, but once the confidence went after 2nd gifted goal you could see it would be a miricale to get back into it.

Missed Murray & McBride from leadership on the pitch, as well as experience and their playing contributions.

We need to forget and prepare to go again as we did after Hamilton. We will still do well this season. Only long term concern is wether we can persist with Riorden & Zemamma together, neither who can put in 90 mins anywhere near their best. Yes I know both can turn a game in an instant, but thats not enough against the better teams who we need to be able to contain when they are having more of the ball - that (along with a cataloge of individual errors & Murry & McBride being out) is why we got overun today.

fife hfc
27-12-2009, 05:42 PM
maka 4 at fault for 3 of the 4 imho

Wotherspoon 5 given hard time by Novo but stuck at it
hanlon 4 really struggled and had no protection in front of him
Hogg 7 I honestly felt he played ok and helped prevent a real hammering
Bamba 8 one real mistake but best Hibs player by a mile

Zemmama 6 fantastic pass for goal needs to get on ball more. huns booted him all day.
rankin 6 dug in and not worse player in green
Miller 6 tried to dictate things with little success
Riordan 2 good impersonation of the invisible man

Nish 3 how he stayed on for so long is beyond me. hopeless today
Stokes 6 fantastic strike and worked hard without any reward

Benji 2
Galbraith 2
McCormack 2

lucky
27-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Maka - 2 he is the worst keeper we have ever had

Wotherspoon - 4 - Tried hard but Novo had him on toast but will get better

Hogg - 5 - Decent game

Bamba - 8 - Hibs best player

Hanlon - 4 never a full back and no pace

Rankin - 5 worked very hard but i wish he would stop shooting from so far out

Miller - 6 - fantastic for 20 mins then gave away the ball and was over run

Zemmama -3 great when he has the ball but not work for the team

Deeks 3 not his beat game

Nish - 5 most of Hibs good thing happen when he controlled the ball and brought others into the game

Stokes - 5 - worked hard

Subs:

McCormack - 4 - Solid

Galbraith - 3 - Never in the game when he came on

Benji - 3-one decent shot but was on too late

Yogi-- 4 should have hauled of the clown in goals and changed it earlier

hibsbollah
27-12-2009, 06:31 PM
maka 4 at fault for 3 of the 4 imho

Wotherspoon 5 given hard time by Novo but stuck at it
hanlon 4 really struggled and had no protection in front of him
Hogg 7 I honestly felt he played ok and helped prevent a real hammering
Bamba 8 one real mistake but best Hibs player by a mile

Zemmama 6 fantastic pass for goal needs to get on ball more. huns booted him all day.
rankin 6 dug in and not worse player in green
Miller 6 tried to dictate things with little success
Riordan 2 good impersonation of the invisible man

Nish 3 how he stayed on for so long is beyond me. hopeless today
Stokes 6 fantastic strike and worked hard without any reward

Benji 2
Galbraith 2
McCormack 2

That would be the most similar to my rankings today, although I missed the last two goals thanks to a big green pillar so couldnt comment on whether they were Maka's fault. It was a strange game because both Hogg and Bamba I thought had good games, but we let 4 in:confused: Sometimes you have to credit the opposition and their front three were absolutely ruthless. We missed McBride or someone else to play in front of the back 4 IMO.

Scotthibs1875
27-12-2009, 06:55 PM
He cannot be blamed for that goal, the ball should have been punted up the park or out of play.
He had 2 players on him!

When Bamba passed him the ball their was not 2 men on him. He had quite a lot of time but he farted about with it and they took it off him with ease. Feel people are being slightly harsh on Riordan though, didn't think he was the worst player on the pitch. Mind you Makalamby was playing.

mim
27-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Cannae be ersed, except:

Bamba 10 - looks like an EPL class centre back to me..

erskine-hibby
27-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Maka -2 Poor positioning for 1st and 3rd goal and his effort to save the 4th was woeful.
Wotherspoon - 3 never made a pass all day
Hogg - 4 Not his best day was caught flat for 1st
Bamba - 7 Mom by far
Hanlon - 3 just like spoony
Rankin - 4 losing patience with him

Miller - 5 too many stray passes.
Zemmama - 6 for the running in the first half
Riordan - 3 Looks well off his game for some reason?? could say he was at fault for the 2nd goal, but should not have been given the ball in the first place

Nish - 4 touch of an elephant
Stokes -5 for the goal, not much else
Subs:

McCormack -2
Galbraith - 2
Benji - 3 looked up for it, but not enough time to make any difference

Delboy*
27-12-2009, 08:46 PM
He had 2 players on him!

When Bamba passed him the ball their was not 2 men on him. He had quite a lot of time but he farted about with it and they took it off him with ease. Feel people are being slightly harsh on Riordan though, didn't think he was the worst player on the pitch. Mind you Makalamby was playing.

Riordan was poor today, but i'd have him in my team every week.
Having said that, i think he was at fault with the goal.
I agree that Bamba could have just hoofed it anywhere but he did clear the initial danger and found a pass.
Riordan tried to turn in-field when he could have just hooked it down the line with his left peg, i thought that was a poor decision in that area of the field.
Both could have done better.

hibeemikey21
27-12-2009, 09:28 PM
He had 2 players on him!

Its not so much what he did when he got the ball, rather how little he contributed. Against a team like Rangers you need to have 11 men standing up and being counted: giving everything, showing for every ball and not drifting in and out of the game. We played like that for the first 20 minutes. After that, having Riordan was tantamount to having a man sent off.

It is for this reason it pisses me off more when people have a pop at Nish for example. He doesnt hide and I think showing for every ball when you and the 17,000 people watching you know you are having a shocker is pretty admirable. When the game isnt going Riordans way, he is content to just hug the touchline and sulk. Its that aspect of his game that really needs to change before he can be a class act.

Ed De Gramo
27-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Deeks: 1 for turning up

Should have been hooked at half time....:agree:

Worst game in a Hibs jersey

Speedy
27-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Maka - 2 he is the worst keeper we have ever had

Wotherspoon - 4 - Tried hard but Novo had him on toast but will get better

Hogg - 5 - Decent game

Bamba - 8 - Hibs best player

Hanlon - 4 never a full back and no pace

Rankin - 5 worked very hard but i wish he would stop shooting from so far out

Miller - 6 - fantastic for 20 mins then gave away the ball and was over run

Zemmama -3 great when he has the ball but not work for the team

Deeks 3 not his beat game

Nish - 5 most of Hibs good thing happen when he controlled the ball and brought others into the game

Stokes - 5 - worked hard

Subs:

McCormack - 4 - Solid

Galbraith - 3 - Never in the game when he came on

Benji - 3-one decent shot but was on too late

Yogi-- 4 should have hauled of the clown in goals and changed it earlier

How long have you been watching Hibs? :greengrin

Ed De Gramo
27-12-2009, 10:11 PM

Wondering that myself...

Maka or Zibbi....Maka or Si Brown....hmmmmm

hose hibee
27-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Apart from the first 20mins before the gift and shocking goal. we were ok
lets get realistic this result means not a lot. our target is 3rd end of story
so we are still 4 point clear of united this was only a festive piss up and hope for the best. cheers

proud_and_green
27-12-2009, 11:35 PM
He had 2 players on him!

I felt that both Deeks and Maka should have been hooked at half time - i know always difficult to hook a keeper, almost a wasted sub. Did anone notice Deeks puking before kick off. I thought he was dreadful, could have been too much yesterday or the bug that's going round.

We definitely started coming back into the game after galbraith, benji and mccormack came on.

I disagree with the vitriol spouted against Nish, i thought he did really well in the first 20 - when the rest of the team were also performing. But i am sure that he was the only player playing crap the rest of the game!

We made mistakes and were punished for them, that's what happens! Just need a bit more of bottle and spine about the team to be able to get the heads up and wrench the result out of the quagmire.

copycat
28-12-2009, 03:43 AM

I've been watching for over 30 years and as a complete overall review that was one of the worst performances of a goalkeeper I have ever seen

Hibs90
28-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Maka - 3

Wotherspoon - 4
Hogg - 4
Bamba - 7
Hanlon - 5

Zemmama - 5
Miller - 4
Rankin - 3
Riordan - 3

Nish - 4

Stokes - 5

Speedy
28-12-2009, 12:36 PM
I've been watching for over 30 years and as a complete overall review that was one of the worst performances of a goalkeeper I have ever seen

Perhaps but that's not the same as being the worst keeper we've ever had.

Personally, I think people are being a bit harsh on Maka. It was a bit of a shocker but he was obviously injured and he shouldn't have been on the pitch.

Mikeystewart
28-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Agree with most of your ratings except i would have given Roirden nil. He contributed zilch.

What about the free kick he hit straight of the wall? :faf:

Mikeystewart
28-12-2009, 12:57 PM

I distinctly remeber a string of Zibi Games that where worse than Maka yesterday.

PISTOL1875
28-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Maka 4- I'm a fan of Maka, but he was poor today. Getting beat at his near post like that is just not acceptable.

Wotherspoon 5- His distribution was unusually poor. Some nice turns inside, but was left totally exposed down the right. Run ragged by Novo.

Hogg 4- This was the same Hogg from the start of the season. Constantly out of position, looked sluggish and was never tight enough to Boyd or Miller.

Bamba 7- Great again. Charges forward and wins tackles. He had a couple of lapses in concentration but always puts in a great shift.

Hanlon 5- Not a very good game. Like DW, was left exposed at times. Poor deliveries when he got forward.

Miller 6- Again, not very good. Always a neat and tidy player but was caught in possession a few times today.

Rankin 4- Fully commited but playing him in KM's position just exposes him completely. His constant attempt at a squiggler is becoming embarassing.

Zemamma 7- Different class for the first 30 minutes. Disappeared from the game 2nd half as we started playing hoofball.

Deeks 2- Waste of a shirt today. Totally disinterested.

Stokes 6- Great finish for the goal and a decent touch from him today. Improving.

Nish 5- Not as bad as some people made out. Linked well at times.

Big Nish played well in the first half.. His best position is just infront of the main striker so he can come short, link with the midfield and bring others into the game... I thought he did that really well yesterday in the first half..

PISTOL1875
28-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Perhaps but that's not the same as being the worst keeper we've ever had.

Personally, I think people are being a bit harsh on Maka. It was a bit of a shocker but he was obviously injured and he shouldn't have been on the pitch.

It's funny how he always seems to get injured when the big teams come to town eh ??? THe crowd get on top of him and he buckles under the pressure....

Glasgow Hibee
28-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Wondering that myself...

Maka or Zibbi....Maka or Si Brown....hmmmmm

I remember a certain Icelandic international who deserves mention......
come on down Oli Gottskalkson :greengrin