PDA

View Full Version : Nish is back...

ap_mccoy
27-12-2009, 02:19 PM
As they say, form is temporary class is permanent...

Nish was embarrassing to watch. Should be ashamed to collect his wages this week.

LamontHFC©
27-12-2009, 02:20 PM

Nish was embarrassing to watch. Should be ashamed to collect his wages this week.

And who shouldnt? Apart from Bamba maybe.

Have a word.

hibiedude
27-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Bamba was our MOTM but we missed Ian Murray badly

Nish was very poor again and January cant come quick enough

hibee_girl
27-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Never fails to amaze me how fickle football fans are, Nish was the best thing since sliced bread the past few weeks and now he's pish :rolleyes:

EVERYONE had a bad game today but let's just lay all the blame at Nish's door shall we?:bitchy:

hibiedude
27-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Never fails to amaze me how fickle football fans are, Nish was the best thing since sliced bread the past few weeks and now he's pish :rolleyes:

EVERYONE had a bad game today but let's just lay all the blame at Nish's door shall we?:bitchy:

Not everyone Bamba was superb :confused:

J-C
27-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Nish has a good game every 10 or so the rest of the time he's gash, just not good enough for Hibs.

hibee_girl
27-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Not everyone Bamba was superb :confused:

Ok, everyone apart from Bamba

lucky
27-12-2009, 02:29 PM
He played well for 20 mins then like everyone else fell out as they rolled us over

hibiedude
27-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Nish has a good game every 10 or so the rest of the time he's gash, just not good enough for Hibs.

Maybe 1 in 10 is acceptable to some fans :greengrin

J-C
27-12-2009, 02:33 PM
My tuppence worth, Maka's positioning was atrocious!

I have never commented on him previously and do not enjoy slagging players who were our beloved strip but...First and second goals he went to ground before the shots were taken! least said about the 3rd and fourth the better! However, each of these goals were consequences of poor play, from out field players, being punished culminating in the poor positioning and skill of Maka!

Time to go I'm afraid, we need a keeper not a joke!

Erm, think you have the wrong thread here, this about Nish not Maka, not hard to notice eh! the clue's in the title.:greengrin

BEEJ
27-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Strange, I thought he had a much better first half today than he did against Killie at Rugby Park two weeks ago! :confused:

SRHibs
27-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Thought Stokes, Miller, Zemmama and Bamba all looked OK. The rest were rank; Wotherspoon's passing was atrocious, Hogg and Hanlon looked dodgy, Rankin and Riordan were anonymous and Nish and Maka were both absolutely pathetic.

Beefster
27-12-2009, 03:07 PM

I thought that each and every one of them were embarrassing to watch. Several of them need a boot up the arse pronto.

Bob Box Fish
27-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Nish was embarrassing. There was one occasion he had the ball- no huns within 20 yards of him and still passed to them!! Bug haddy.

woody47
27-12-2009, 03:24 PM
Nish was, is, and will always be NOT good enough. His control is non existent and his game was summed up today with his shot that actually hit the corner flag :grr:
Sorry but, as much as the guy's played a couple of decent games recently, that only accounts for about 2% of his games overall.

crash
27-12-2009, 04:05 PM
If you do not possess an ounce of quality then you will be found out in the bigger games. Not good enough if we have ambitions of winning things.

Littlest Hobo
27-12-2009, 04:08 PM
If you do not possess an ounce of quality then you will be found out in the bigger games. Not good enough if we have ambitions of winning things.

I agree to a certain extent but at least he kept trying to get involved unlike some I could mention who's heids went down once the third went in and then went into hiding before being subbed! :grr:

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Nish was ten yards too deep for the whole time he was on the pitch. The switch of him for Benji should have happened at half time. Reminded me of the time that MP played Fletch as a midfielder. Never in a million years is Nish a pass and move player or even a link up man. If he didn't get caught with the ball stuck between his feet, he was tottering on the brink of falling over. Not up to speed today at all.:bitchy:

TheMentalHibees
27-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Nish was as pish as the rest of them. It's hard to lay the blame at the door of our strikers when they had zero service. Every time we got past the halfway line, the ball ended up at the feet of a Hun.

Hamish
27-12-2009, 08:01 PM
I didn't think he was that bad - his touch can be poor at times but he at least kept working and trying. One a fair few knock ons against Weir and co as well especially first half

2 or 3 of them in green let their heads drop second half.

HFC 0-7
27-12-2009, 08:16 PM
I am not a fan of Nish, however, I have been surprised the last few games with his work ethic and general play. i thought he was OK first half, but second half he showed everyone he cant run backwards without falling over with a triple pike, 3 turn half sumersault ending with a backflip.

I think he will still be picked ahead of Benji next game though!

Hibee_Rab
27-12-2009, 08:20 PM

Fifa 10? :wink:

hibsbollah
27-12-2009, 08:25 PM

Very harsh:bitchy: I'm not a big fan of his but he did well early on, only to fade with the rest of the team.

steakbake
27-12-2009, 08:46 PM
I've given him a bit of stick on here in the past few months but the last few weeks he's come on to a game. After the derby game, he did well until now though he was the least of our 'problems' today.

Saorsa
27-12-2009, 09:00 PM

Nish was embarrassing to watch. Should be ashamed to collect his wages this week.I've seen a brick wa wi a better first touch than him :bitchy:

HONG KONG PHOOEY
27-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Nish wash shocking today. Move Deeks into the middle and get drop Nish.

Greenblood70
27-12-2009, 09:12 PM
In the final analysis Nish is one of those players who will always polarise opinion.

Being brutally honest I doubt he'll be in the first team in a season or two, although that's not to say I don't think he can be useful at times. His touch, and lack of physical presence for such a tall guy will eventually see him replaced imo. In the meantime he'll continue to do what he always has, be an honest performer who doesn't hide and gets approx 10 odd goals per season.

Hibs Spain
27-12-2009, 09:17 PM

Nish was embarrassing to watch. Should be ashamed to collect his wages this week.Yeh,after the initial spell his touch was poor.Most of the team were though.A real shocker,the whole thing.

steakbake
27-12-2009, 09:17 PM
In the final analysis Nish is one of those players who will always polarise opinion.

Being brutally honest I doubt he'll be in the first team in a season or two, although that's not to say I don't think he can be useful at times. His touch, and lack of physical presence for such a tall guy will eventually see him replaced imo. In the meantime he'll continue to do what he always has, be an honest performer who doesn't hide and gets approx 10 odd goals per season.

You should have started that post with... "I don't mean to sit on the fence or anything but..." :wink:

Greenblood70
27-12-2009, 09:32 PM
You should have started that post with... "I don't mean to sit on the fence or anything but..." :wink:

Fair shout!! :greengrin

I suppose the point I was trying to make was your opinion of Nish is largely based on your ambition( realistic or otherwise) for Hibs. At the moment I can see he has his uses, going forward if we're building I'd hope he'd be replaced by a better younger player coming thru or a clever signing.

The Voice Of Reason
27-12-2009, 09:34 PM
I didn't think he was that bad - his touch can be poor at times but he at least kept working and trying. One a fair few knock ons against Weir and co as well especially first half
2 or 3 of them in green let their heads drop second half.

I agree :agree:

1875 NO 1
27-12-2009, 09:38 PM

yogi gave nish pelters when he subbed him today

hibee-shtuggie
27-12-2009, 09:55 PM
ive never been backward in my opinion that nish is not good enough for this club so i do not want ot be accused of using him as a scapegoat for todays result. he does ok against the dross of the spl but if we really want to do well he is simply not good enough. he has an attrocious touch, is actually quite poor in the air for a big guy and although he may turn in the odd good performance and try hard, we need to get rid. i know hes a hibby and he tries guys...but hs is simply not good enough.

Bishop Hibee
27-12-2009, 10:03 PM
I thought Nish gave 100% today. Riordan and Zemmama didn't contribute enough although I felt the better team won. :boo hoo:

HONG KONG PHOOEY
27-12-2009, 10:06 PM
I thought Nish gave 100% today. Riordan and Zemmama didn't contribute enough although I felt the better team won. :boo hoo:

Nish gave nothing today. every time he tried to contol the ball he lost it. riordan gave nothing either

Bishop Hibee
27-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Nish gave nothing today. every time he tried to contol the ball he lost it. riordan gave nothing either

Rubbish. He gave 100% Unfortunately, Riordan and Zemamma didn't step up to the plate and were brushed aside by a stronger bluenose team. Why else did Yogi bring them off :dunno:

Baldy Foghorn
27-12-2009, 10:19 PM

Embarrassing??:confused::confused: Away and boil yer heid......

You probably think Stokes and Riordan were brilliant???

HONG KONG PHOOEY
27-12-2009, 10:21 PM
:confused:
Rubbish. He gave 100% Unfortunately, Riordan and Zemamma didn't step up to the plate and were brushed aside by a stronger bluenose team. Why else did Yogi bring them off :dunno:

Zamamma made our goal. And set up two chances in the first 20 mins. Riordan done nothing but please tell me what Nish done :confused:

Dirkster23
27-12-2009, 10:31 PM
:confused:

Zamamma made our goal. And set up two chances in the first 20 mins. Riordan done nothing but please tell me what Nish done :confused:

Showed for the ball, won quite a few headers, put in a shift and made attempts to link up with other players. Having said that, not much came off for him today- at least he made an effort, a few Hibs players that can't say that tonight.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
27-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Showed for the ball, won quite a few headers, put in a shift and made attempts to link up with other players. Having said that, not much came off for him today- at least he made an effort, a few Hibs players that can't say that tonight.

Won a couple of headers that went no were a hibs player ? Put in a shift ? Nothing came of for him, this week to be fair normally it does. Effort - yes as normal but should have been subbed after 30 mins. Effort does not give you right to saty on the park when you are not adding to the game

Baldy Foghorn
27-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Won a couple of headers that went no were a hibs player ? Put in a shift ? Nothing came of for him, this week to be fair normally it does. Effort - yes as normal but should have been subbed after 30 mins. Effort does not give you right to saty on the park when you are not adding to the game

Like Riordan and Stokes then???

HONG KONG PHOOEY
27-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Like Riordan and Stokes then???

What Stokes as a striker to score ?????? I will give you riordan !

Baldy Foghorn
27-12-2009, 10:58 PM
What Stokes as a striker to score ?????? I will give you riordan !

Stokes scored in 13 seconds, and never really contributed a great deal therafter

HONG KONG PHOOEY
27-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Stokes scored in 13 seconds, and never really contributed a great deal therafter
And what did Nish do of note ?

Baldy Foghorn
27-12-2009, 11:02 PM
And what did Nish do of note ?

Why is Nish always one of the scapegoats, when Riordan and Stokes were pish??

HONG KONG PHOOEY
27-12-2009, 11:07 PM
Why is Nish always one of the scapegoats, when Riordan and Stokes were pish??

He is not. Trust me I dislike Riordan/Stokes as much but I cannot understand why people think he is okay when he has such a bad first touch as he had today. The 3 stikers we have are as good as each other but when Nish is bad he is bad, when the other 2 are as bad they may score !

Baldy Foghorn
27-12-2009, 11:11 PM
He is not. Trust me I dislike Riordan/Stokes as much but I cannot understand why people think he is okay when he has such a bad first touch as he had today. The 3 stikers we have are as good as each other but when Nish is bad he is bad, when the other 2 are as bad they may score !

You are having a go at his first touch, did you see some of the passes he was receiving, they were like a Koeman free kick at times

Hibbie_Cameron
27-12-2009, 11:12 PM
This is a cringeworthy thread.

Maybe understandable if the defeat was totally down to him but Bamba aside the whole team were gash

HONG KONG PHOOEY
27-12-2009, 11:14 PM
You are having a go at his first touch, did you see some of the passes he was receiving, they were like a Koeman free kick at times

Seriously he had the same passes as everyone else.

Dirkster23
27-12-2009, 11:16 PM

Half the time today he was winning a flick on, landing, and then having to try and control a ball back from Stokes that was around his waist!

There's no doubt Stokes and Deek will outscore Nish over a season. I don't think anyone would sign Nish thinking he was going to score them 20+ goals a year.

Like i said, not his best game todays but a good few that had worse or hid!

Baldy Foghorn
27-12-2009, 11:17 PM
Seriously he had the same passes as everyone else.

Behave yourself.......

HONG KONG PHOOEY
27-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Behave yourself.......

Tell me what he done that made him worth a mention ?

Dirkster23
27-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Tell me what he done that made him worth a mention ?

Who's saying he did anything worthy of a mention? From what i see people are arguing that he was no better or worse than the vast majority of the team today.

allezsauzee
27-12-2009, 11:25 PM
why do we always look for a scapegoat everytime we get beaten? we're not ready to challenge for league yet..... end off. most people would have been delighted with 3rd if they were offered it that the start of the season , that's what we're playing for.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
27-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Who's saying he did anything worthy of a mention? From what i see people are arguing that he was no better or worse than the vast majority of the team today.
I agree with your comment but some people think hibs fans just pick on him for the sake of it. Maybe they think some people will not pick on the other forwards we have ? maybe we judge them the same and have no fav ?

Baldy Foghorn
27-12-2009, 11:28 PM
I agree with your comment but some people think hibs fans just pick on him or the sake of it. Maybe they think some people will not pick on the other forwards we have ?

That is certainly how it looks though.........

HONG KONG PHOOEY
27-12-2009, 11:30 PM
That is certainly how it looks though.........
Why ? Have you started a thread about the others ? Maybe we will agree

berwickhibee
28-12-2009, 05:20 AM
He played well for 20 mins then like everyone else fell out as they rolled us over

bang on:thumbsup:

Expecting Rain
28-12-2009, 10:58 AM
I couldn`t believe that Nish had returned for the second half, his attempts to control the ball after that were laughable, eventually culminating in a shot that hit the corner flag, hopefully the Scunthorpe manager wasn`t in attendance.

Dashing Bob S
28-12-2009, 11:04 AM
I agree that players like Nish and Rankin are basically a barometer of our ambition. They offer something, but if we want to get to the next level they need replacing.

Nish spent more time on his back yesterday than Blackpool's Hun ladyfriend.

Franck Stanton
28-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Thought Stokes, Miller, Zemmama and Bamba all looked OK. The rest were rank; Wotherspoon's passing was atrocious, Hogg and Hanlon looked dodgy, Rankin and Riordan were anonymous and Nish and Maka were both absolutely pathetic.

Just about sums the whole day up mate, good post. Still, lets not get carried away, it was just one bad game, remember the last game we played as bad [ Hamilton] and wot happened afterwards, time for another 12 game run eh lads.