PDA

View Full Version : brines

andyhibs
27-12-2009, 01:17 PM
maybee get shot down for this but :top marks

SRHibs
27-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Yep. Was good today to be fair. Only questionable decision was the foul before the Bamba booking and the booking itself. But he does seem a bit of a mouthy prick so was probably well deserved.

MrSmith
27-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Was watching tv, so had the benefit of replays and... have to agree - had a good game!

lucky
27-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Thought he was decent but should have booked McCulloch for fouling time and time again

givescotlandfreedom
27-12-2009, 01:29 PM
How come Huns got away with constant fouling but Bamba got booked for complaining about a wrong decision? Boyd, Bougherra and McCulloch got away with it the whole game.

andyhibs
27-12-2009, 01:30 PM
just heard that when miller went chasing after the ref looking for a pen in the 1st half , the ref told him to fxxk off:greengrin , comunication beetween ref and players :wink:

RoYO!
for how much longer would he put up with miller shouting in his face before he booked him??? another 2 minutes?

J-C
Liked it when reading his lips he told Miller to get tae ****, kept his cards in his pocket most of the game but spoit it by booking Bamba for complaining he got a decision wrong, just lioke Miller earlier in the game.

Jim44
27-12-2009, 02:19 PM
just heard that when miller went chasing after the ref looking for a pen in the 1st half , the ref told him to fxxk off:greengrin , comunication beetween ref and players :wink:

for how much longer would he put up with miller shouting in his face before he booked him??? another 2 minutes?

Liked it when reading his lips he told Miller to get tae ****, kept his cards in his pocket most of the game but spoit it by booking Bamba for complaining he got a decision wrong, just lioke Miller earlier in the game.

:agree::agree::agree:

From the match thread :

" A classic piece of inconsistent refereeing. Miller runs half the length of the pitch shouting and screaming at the ref and the ref whispers to him to eff off. Bamba contests a decision in front of him and gets a yellow card."

EasterRoad4Ever
27-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Steadfastly refused to book any Hun players - who 9/10 would have been yellow carded in any other game. Presume a few Huns were in danger of missing the OF match ?

Onceinawhile
27-12-2009, 02:22 PM
He certainly wasn't terrible, but I'd love to know what he thinks constitutes a booking if you play in blue white and red.

Mculloch is a thug, all he tries to do is injure others.

ronaldo7
27-12-2009, 02:43 PM
He needs to be taught the advantage rule. Time and again in the second half he would blow up for a foul for us when we had the advantage to attack. Otherwise he had a decent game 7/10

hibeesliam94
27-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Thought the ref was decent but both linesmen were constantly looking towards the ref before making decisions. Nothing major but I didn't have any confidence in them.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-12-2009, 03:49 PM
Odd that that ref allowed Weir and especially McCulloch to defend by putting their hands on the forwards shoulders all the time but he had no influence on the result didn't try any of his trademark attention seeking.

givescotlandfreedom
27-12-2009, 05:10 PM

Miller also should have been booked for running into the crowd after the first goal.

matty_f
27-12-2009, 05:12 PM
I actually thought the ref was pish. What did the Huns need to do to get a booking, and his application of the advantage rule was diabolical at times.

Saorsa
27-12-2009, 07:54 PM
maybee get shot down for this but :top marksAye he wis *****in' brilliant right enough, what a load of baws, *****in' tit, what did Miller have tae do tae get booked compared tae Bamba, Brines is a hun c-u-n-t and can GTF

Hibs Spain
27-12-2009, 08:01 PM
maybee get shot down for this but :top marksVery good today.

andyhibs
27-12-2009, 08:01 PM
Aye he wis *****in' brilliant right enough, what a load of baws, *****in' tit, what did Miller have tae do tae get booked compared tae Bamba, Brines is a hun c-u-n-t and can GTF
aye , a bit better than has been expected from mr brines, eh ever reffed a game ?:wink:

steakbake
27-12-2009, 08:03 PM
No cards to Rangers players - despite two or three of them being in his face near enough the whole game. McCulloch's play acting was pathetic. Having said that, we've seen far far worse from Brines in the past so going on that basis, he had a better day than say, Makalambay for example.

Hibs Spain
27-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Thought the ref was decent but both linesmen were constantly looking towards the ref before making decisions. Nothing major but I didn't have any confidence in them.I noticed that.Especially the west stand one.Even the obvious Hib's throws he looked and waited before he decided.Does make you wonder.

Hiber-nation
27-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Very good today.

Apart from Maka being impeded at all 4 goals :wink:

Removed
27-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Thought the ref was decent but both linesmen were constantly looking towards the ref before making decisions. Nothing major but I didn't have any confidence in them.

I noticed that.Especially the west stand one.Even the obvious Hib's throws he looked and waited before he decided.Does make you wonder.

East linesman was dead quick to give decisions that were to rangers - he couldn't get his flag up quick enough, but anything that was ours he hesitated and looked to the ref even when it was right in front of him.

Very strange and a few round about me in FFL commented on it.

Paranoid :no way: Biased officials :agree:

erskine-hibby
27-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Brines was gash!!
Should have booked at least 2 of their players Miller for his celebrations and McCulloch for constant fouls.

andyhibs
27-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Brines was gash!!
Should have booked at least 2 of their players Miller for his celebrations and McCulloch for constant fouls.
yeh ok , we will blame the ref:confused:

erskine-hibby
27-12-2009, 08:27 PM

Did I say he was to blame for the result:confused:

Saorsa
27-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Brines was gash!!
Should have booked at least 2 of their players Miller for his celebrations and McCulloch for constant fouls.Brines, book a hun, dinnae be silly

The Voice Of Reason
27-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Agree with the OP.

Thought the ref had a good game today :agree:

Removed
27-12-2009, 08:29 PM

You thought he was good, you thought you would get shot down for saying it, others, myself included, thought he and his asistants were poor, why are you confused?

andyhibs
27-12-2009, 08:33 PM
You thought he was good, you thought you would get shot down for saying it, others, myself included, thought he and his asistants were poor, why are you confused?
not confussed:confused: as i said thought the ref had a good game

Removed
27-12-2009, 08:35 PM

If you weren't confused, then why did you use the :confused: smiley in post #25

erskine-hibby
27-12-2009, 08:36 PM

You also said...

As far as i can see no one is blaming the ref for the result, but in the opinion of many others he was piss poor.

andyhibs
27-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Agree with the OP.

Thought the ref had a good game today :agree:
as others have also said:cool2:

Fantic
27-12-2009, 08:37 PM
:confused::confused::confused:

Saorsa
27-12-2009, 08:39 PM
yeh ok , we will blame the ref:confused:Cannae really see where anybody blamed him for the result, I think we got what we deserved but if you think he was fair, unbiased and had a good game you werenae watching the same game as me, what was it going tae take for one of they ***** tae end up in the book, Miller in particular? care tae explain why you think Bamba deserved tae be booked and that prick never if Brines had such a good game and was being fair?

andyhibs
27-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Brines was gash!!
Should have booked at least 2 of their players Miller for his celebrations and McCulloch for constant fouls. because he could have have booked hibs players for the same except the goal celebrations

Houchy
27-12-2009, 08:45 PM
Thought he was honkin'. Why he never booked that greetin', rat faced little pr1ck Miller, I'll never know. Not blaming him for the score line as we gifted Rankers all 4 goals but thought he bottled it a couple of times today.:agree:

andyhibs
27-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Cannae really see where anybody blamed him for the result, I think we got what we deserved but if you think he was fair, unbiased and had a good game you werenae watching the same game as me, what was it going tae take for one of they ***** tae end up in the book, Miller in particular? care tae explain why you think Bamba deserved tae be booked and that prick never if Brines had such a good game and was being fair?
ok , i at the moment is a wee bit peeved of by the result and the reaction of some on this thread, but hey we are hibernian fc, and , i thought that mr ian brines had a good game today , he could have booked so many players today but didnot , why ? the old firm game no , just for once we had a referee that took the condisions into consideration, i am sorry bit a pashed, so will continue in the morning if need be, cheers

erskine-hibby
27-12-2009, 08:53 PM
because he could have have booked hibs players for the same except the goal celebrations

Sorry Andy I don't get that at all, he may not have had a big bearing on the eventual outcome of the game, but he was certainly biased towards them.

The Voice Of Reason
27-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Sorry Andy I don't get that at all, he may not have had a big bearing on the eventual outcome of the game, but he was certainly biased towards them.

Sorry mate - disagree. Thought the ref was fair for both teams.

EskbankHibby
27-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Opinions eh?

:agree::agree::agree:

From the match thread :

" A classic piece of inconsistent refereeing. Miller runs half the length of the pitch shouting and screaming at the ref and the ref whispers to him to eff off. Bamba contests a decision in front of him and gets a yellow card."

Exactly how i saw it, Brines is Miller's bum chum (not written or said bum chum since circa 1992 not even sure what it means).

ALF TUPPER
28-12-2009, 05:30 AM

Yep he did - i watched it when i got home. Clearly tells him to **** off.

Foul and abusive language ?? - should have sent himself off :greengrin

snooky
28-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Maybe I didn't see it right but, to me it looked like Bamba gave Brines 'two fingers' and that was why he was booked.

jodjam
28-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Maybe I didn't see it right but, to me it looked like Bamba gave Brines 'two fingers' and that was why he was booked.

Hope thats Bamba being clever and picking up a suspension. He can serve it while over playing for IC.

Hibs90
28-12-2009, 12:21 PM
He had a terrible game. One of the SPLs worst refs and a total dickhead.

Www1875hfc
28-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Yep he did - i watched it when i got home. Clearly tells him to **** off.

Foul and abusive language ?? - should have sent himself off :greengrin

Must admit while i watched the game when i got home,i laughed when i read brines' lips.:agree:
Also stumbled across this...
http://footballsfootball.com/WeknowSFA/kenny-miller-drives-ref-swear/

hibsbollah
28-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Had a good game.