PDA

View Full Version : Where was Deeks today? / left mid? (merged)

Bostonhibby
27-12-2009, 01:44 PM
:confused: Did we play round him and therefore exclude him, or did he just not get involved?

J-C
27-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Almost everything went down the right, Deek was stuck out on the left, should've been up front with Stokes, Nish was atrocious.:grr:

aussie_hibee
27-12-2009, 02:04 PM
spot on. Everything down the right and nobody prepared to switch it. Poor distribution from wotherspoon didn't help. Rankin not good enough for the middle.

Big Frank
27-12-2009, 02:06 PM
I'm one of deeks biggest fans and have defended him over and over on this board.

He was gash at Aberdeen, and gash today. Not good enough from a real talent.

aussie_hibee
27-12-2009, 02:16 PM
agree he is a real talent but he needs the ball to effect the game. He just didn't get given the ball enough. However, credit has to go to rangers who held their back 4 and their wide players dropped back and ensured it was our full backs that had time on the ball and not deeko or zemmama

hibiedude
27-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Deeks was gash today simple as that he was never in the game and couldn't be bothered running for the ball.

he should have been hooked before the 2nd half started

andyhibs
27-12-2009, 02:25 PM
agree he is a real talent but he needs the ball to effect the game. He just didn't get given the ball enough. However, credit has to go to rangers who held their back 4 and their wide players dropped back and ensured it was our full backs that had time on the ball and not deeko or zemmama:top marks

EasterRoad4Ever
27-12-2009, 03:19 PM
Agree he saw little of the ball, but his body language and attitude - especially after he gave them the 2nd, was plain unprofessional. Big player on big wages on the big stage... and found wanting, missing and basically in the huff :bitchy:.

Pretty Boy
27-12-2009, 03:24 PM
Agree he saw little of the ball, but his body language and attitude - especially after he gave them the 2nd, was plain unprofessional. Big player on big wages on the big stage... and found wanting, missing and basically in the huff :bitchy:.

:agree: Top class players go and find the ball, whether that means dropping deep or coming into the middle to find the ball or whatever.

They don't throw their arms up in the air, go in the huff, blame everyone else, talk back to their manager and then stroll off when they get subbed,

Do Messi, Ronaldo et al ever complain about not getting the ball? Do they **** they go and find the ball or demand they are given the ball.

King Paddy
27-12-2009, 03:30 PM
Was he on the pitch?. Complete passenger, time to move on deeks. :bye::bye:

Spike Mandela
27-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Guy's wasted at left half.

Sign a decent left midfielder and get Deeks up on the left wing where he belongs.:bitchy:

camthebam
27-12-2009, 03:43 PM

Oh, behave.

Not his best game, admittedly, but ffs.

Or did I miss the irony?

Pretty Boy
27-12-2009, 03:44 PM

Easy on he was gash today but is still a matchwinner on his day.

.Sean.
27-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Where was he?

Moaning at everyone else when it doesn't go his way, as per, ie the second goal. Poor.

And this is from a big Riordan fan. We needed him to be at his best today. Quite clearly, he was far from it.

ancient hibee
27-12-2009, 03:51 PM
The second goal was not his fault -it was a ludicrous pass from Bamba to a player already covered by two men.

sixtwo
27-12-2009, 03:55 PM
I feel sorry for deeks. He is one of the best finishers in the league and he is being asked to play in midfield.

Yogi is desperate to keep all his striker happy and he is trying to play them all at once.

I think it is time to put nish on the bench. Try galbraith in deeks position in left mid (or even lewis stevenson), and push deeks up front with stokes.

Malthibby
27-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Don't think we should be focussing on individuals. Der Hun bullied & bossed us today, & Hughes needs to make sure lessons are learned. Riordan may have been absent without leave today, but that's not why we lost. Hopefully he is saving himself for the Derby.
GG

ancient hibee
27-12-2009, 04:01 PM
I feel sorry for deeks. He is one of the best finishers in the league and he is being asked to play in midfield.

Yogi is desperate to keep all his striker happy and he is trying to play them all at once.

I think it is time to put nish on the bench. Try galbraith in deeks position in left mid (or even lewis stevenson), and push deeks up front with stokes.
We may have all these strikers but the formation chosen by the manager means that only Stokes actually plays as one-it's ridiculous.

Wull
27-12-2009, 04:15 PM
agree he is a real talent but he needs the ball to effect the game. He just didn't get given the ball enough. However, credit has to go to rangers who held their back 4 and their wide players dropped back and ensured it was our full backs that had time on the ball and not deeko or zemmama

I will never accept any form of credit to the Huns on our board you have been warned:wink: theres gubbins and theres gubbins:grr:

Simkin911
27-12-2009, 04:28 PM
That's Riordan all over - moaning & huffy - but Yogi and everyone else knows that. However, I'm sitting here genuinely struggling to remember him receiving a quality pass during his time on the pitch.

It's not schoolboy footy - if you don't get the ball you simply can't go wandering around the pitch and out of position to find it. :confused:

Alfred E Newman
27-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Ian Murray was the biggest miss today and Riordan suffered more than most. Hanlon tried his best but he never managed to cross the half way line with the result that Riordan was isolated on the left wing. He had a poor game yet he was not the only one.

Judas Iscariot
27-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Wasted out on the left of midfield.. :rolleyes:

It's a waste of a jersey if you play Riordan and don't pass the ball to him..

I have a sneaky feeling Derek may be away in January or in the summer..

Landells
27-12-2009, 04:41 PM
He just wasnt in the game today :bitchy:

NAE NOOKIE
27-12-2009, 05:04 PM
The second goal was not his fault -it was a ludicrous pass from Bamba to a player already covered by two men.

Spot on. Sols only mistake though. Apart from that he was our best player by a mile.

Like other posters have said, we were bullied and outplayed in this game. Its like Yogi has been saying, you have to win the physical battle before you can boss the game.

But against the likes of the huns who are a big physical team how can you win the physical battle with Nish, Stokes, Zuma and Deeks being asked to drop back and do a job in midfield, none of whom are physical players. Followed by Rankin and Miller who are both under 5' 10".

The original point was about Deeks though and though he didn't have much of a game neither did anybody else apart from Bamba.

This whole game ( the first 20 mins apart ) was a huge disappointment. But the real test will be for us to turn it into a glitch rather than the end of our season.

C'mon the Hibees !!!

:scarf:

sahib
27-12-2009, 05:07 PM
One of the most overrated Hibs player that I can remember.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Disappeared up his ain erchie after giving them the second goal. Should have been hooked for the second half but then so should have others. No subbies or formation changes till the game was lost. Great.:hmmm:

cleanyman
27-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Failed to show up AGAIN.
He shat it:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
27-12-2009, 05:18 PM
Failed to show up AGAIN.
He shat it:agree:

What a ridiculous post! You make it sound like he always bottles it!

FWIW I think Smith done Yogi here - he played Broadfoot and Lafferty out there, both got forward and made Deek play as a left-back at times. I think we're all agreed that he's not a left-back, he's barely a left-midfielder.

He also missed Murray today - Murray pushes foward and gives Riordan a lot more space.

joebakerforever
27-12-2009, 05:20 PM
After about 15 mins, Riordan vomited on the pitch and came across for water to rinse his mouth.

Would imagine not feeling 100% did affect his game.

Wondered at the time if he was going to be subbed early as he looked totally out of sorts from the start.

HibbyAndy
27-12-2009, 05:21 PM

What a ridiculous post that is?

Riordan has scored 70 plus goals in his career and has won us many a game single handedly, granted he was tom kite today but to suggest he is over-rated is bull shight.

down-the-slope
27-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Did he fall over the Dug again :dunno:

rainman
27-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Riordan has been anonymous the last 3 games. We would be better with a proper left midfielder in there.

Attiude, work rate, body language are all wrong. Not what Yogi is looking for and I'm sure he will get rid in due course.

Danderhall Hibs
27-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Attiude, work rate, body language are all wrong. Not what Yogi is looking for and I'm sure he will get rid in due course.

Or he might start playing him in his actual position?

Hibby 2005
27-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Did Novo play in his right position. No he didn't, but managed to score and cause Hibs major problems. Riordan take note.

Danderhall Hibs
27-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Did Novo play in his right position. No he didn't, but managed to score and cause Hibs major problems. Riordan take note.

Riordan's done that this season as well though. He doesn't do it every week though.

Hibby 2005
27-12-2009, 06:13 PM
This was one game Riordan should have shown up for.

Danderhall Hibs
27-12-2009, 06:16 PM
This was one game Riordan should have shown up for.

It doesn't always work like that though - the way they were set up meant he had to defend a lot more than normal. Which takes away from his attacking game. Just because he had a poor game doesn't mean it was deliberate!

If some think he's pish and we should get rid it says a lot for the football knowledge of some folk.

fife hfc
27-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Riordan was poor today endof. he should have been subbed earlier but yogi kept it substitutions until it was too late. i do think he should be played up front and not at left midfield. Let him drift over there as he has done before.

Alfred E Newman
27-12-2009, 07:20 PM

and that is one of the most ridiculous posts I can remember on here.

mully_bear
27-12-2009, 07:35 PM
stick him up front with stokes!!!!!!!!!!

He is not a left mid.

he cant tackle
if he does track back he doesnt know what to do.

no fault of his if his manager plays him there though.

need a proper left midfielder or galbraith to get a chance.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
27-12-2009, 07:45 PM
I agree. Play Deek with Stokes or not at all. Nish was back to being a passenger today, his preferred position.

silverhibee
27-12-2009, 08:08 PM
What a ridiculous post! You make it sound like he always bottles it!

FWIW I think Smith done Yogi here - he played Broadfoot and Lafferty out there, both got forward and made Deek play as a left-back at times. I think we're all agreed that he's not a left-back, he's barely a left-midfielder.

He also missed Murray today - Murray pushes foward and gives Riordan a lot more space.

Think you called it correct here, Smith did a number on Yogi today, he made sure Riordan was very limited in going forward today, Broadfoot got forward every opportunity and Riordan tracked him back every time, leaving Deek to do alot of defending in his own half, compared to the other side where Papac hardly stepped over the half way line, still no excuse for how poorly Deeks played today, apart from a wee bug virus,probaly the same thing that kept Ian Murray from playing today, would like to see Deek given a wee run upfront with Stokes, but after today's performance he may find himself on the bench on Wednesday, hope not like, but there will be a scapegoat for today come St Johnstone game and i think it could be him.

MSK
27-12-2009, 08:12 PM
Think you called it correct here, Smith did a number on Yogi today, he made sure Riordan was very limited in going forward today, Broadfoot got forward every opportunity and Riordan tracked him back every time, leaving Deek to do alot of defending in his own half, compared to the other side where Papac hardly stepped over the half way line, still no excuse for how poorly Deeks played today, apart from a wee bug virus,probaly the same thing that kept Ian Murray from playing today, would like to see Deek given a wee run upfront with Stokes, but after today's performance he may find himself on the bench on Wednesday, hope not like, but there will be a scapegoat for today come St Johnstone game and i think it could be him.Check the forums ..deeks is safe for this week ...the green rinse brigade have nominated Maka as this weeks scapegoat !!! :thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
27-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Check the forums ..deeks is safe for this week ...the green rinse brigade have nominated Maka as this weeks scapegoat !!! :thumbsup:

I'm not sure about this statement - Maka's past the scapegoat stage - he's now a liability, Riordan appears to being made the scaegoat.

Ed De Gramo
27-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Deek had a mare today...he seemed more content trying to win throws in by knocking the ball of the huns rather than actually put in a performance.

Should have been hooked in favour of Cregg to tighten up the midfield...

The Voice Of Reason
27-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Thought Derek had a nightmare today - never contributed anything from an attacking point of view and was at fault for one of their goals - not sure if he was injured or ill perhaps ? His body language looked all wrong.

Anyway, I don't think Derek could complain too much if he was dropped. Stokes scored today and Nish tried a lot harder than Derek.

I think it could work in our favour if Derek was dropped for the St J game (kick up the backside that I think he needs). I would then bring him back for the Hearts game with a point to prove. I would therefore drop Derek for the St J game and start with Benji.

Septimus
28-12-2009, 07:35 AM
There can be few things of greater beauty than Deeks slotting in another impossible goal from an equally impossible angle.

But.......

His pouting, complaining attitude and apparent huffs could equally well be done from the bench or even the stand. The new Scotland manager was at the game today. If you were him would you even consider Deeks for a place in the national team alongside the names of Boyd or Miller. I think not. His work rate is, compared to these two journeymen strikers, non existant.

hibiedude
28-12-2009, 08:36 AM
Thought Derek had a nightmare today - never contributed anything from an attacking point of view and was at fault for one of their goals - not sure if he was injured or ill perhaps ? His body language looked all wrong.

Anyway, I don't think Derek could complain too much if he was dropped. Stokes scored today and Nish tried a lot harder than Derek.

I think it could work in our favour if Derek was dropped for the St J game (kick up the backside that I think he needs). I would then bring him back for the Hearts game with a point to prove. I would therefore drop Derek for the St J game and start with Benji.

Agree with you 100% it had a positive effect when Hogg was dropped and deeks needs a reminder that the teams still works when he's not involved.

Dashing Bob S
28-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Be fair, he did set up the Huns second.

Davy Mac
28-12-2009, 10:46 AM
[/B]

Agree with you 100% it had a positive effect when Hogg was dropped and deeks needs a reminder that the teams still works when he's not involved.

Rankers wanted it more yesterday.

They hunted in packs yesterday hence Miller/Deeks misplaced pass/lost possession but how were we not up for it yesterday?

This was a brilliant chance to show how far we have come and really - all the pressure was on Rankers not us!

Deeks wasn't the problem yesterday.

RIP
28-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Strachan was a massive Riordan fan

Then, after signing Deek came the reality of the real Derek Riordan. Never well, never fit, won't run, won't tackle, disappears for games on end.

Gordon was left with a player whose lifestyle had already got the better of him.

Collins wouldn't touch Riordan with a ten foot pole

Yogi, like Mixu before him thought his 'special relationship' with the lad would turn him around. For the first few games after signing and this season this prediction looked to be coming true.

However as Stokes star has risen, so has Derek's waned. He has spent the winter with a permanent stomach bug. Never seems fit. Attitude and workrate not good enough.

Like all Hibs fans I keep hoping for a 'new' Derek Riordan to appear. The international class player who is a match for Boyd or Miller

Kenny and Chris turned up today and ran their legs off. Derek didn't!

Spike Mandela
28-12-2009, 12:45 PM
The international class player who is a match for Boyd or Miller

.......and both were played as strikers as well:hmmm:

California-Hibs
28-12-2009, 02:58 PM
Strachan was a massive Riordan fan

Then, after signing Deek came the reality of the real Derek Riordan. Never well, never fit, won't run, won't tackle, disappears for games on end.

Gordon was left with a player whose lifestyle had already got the better of him.

Collins wouldn't touch Riordan with a ten foot pole

Yogi, like Mixu before him thought his 'special relationship' with the lad would turn him around. For the first few games after signing and this season this prediction looked to be coming true.

However as Stokes star has risen, so has Derek's waned. He has spent the winter with a permanent stomach bug. Never seems fit. Attitude and workrate not good enough.

Like all Hibs fans I keep hoping for a 'new' Derek Riordan to appear. The international class player who is a match for Boyd or Miller

:bitchy:
Folk have very short memories! Take away the hun's game, and for a good few weeks now we have been talking about Derek's new work ethic and how he's been getting back to help the defence more than we've ever seen!
He's second top scorer with 7, just 3 behind Stokes and he's been playing left midfield!
People who think that Riordan should be left out the team and benched etc IMO cant recognise talent to save themselfs! We are very fortunate to have Riordan in our team. He can score goals out of nothing, and can at times win a game himself, or get us vital points (remember Paisley a few weeks ago)..
Deary dear....he has 80 odd goals for our fine club people!
Theres only one Derek Riordan! :agree:
RANT OVER!

Just Jimmy
28-12-2009, 03:12 PM
I don't want Derek Riordan tracking right backs and right midfielders to our 18 yard line. I want him on the shoulder of the last defender, I want him smahing the ball in from 18-35 yards because he can.

He a talent, he's a wasted talent on the wing, He a non-existed talent playing almost as a left back.

500miles
28-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Riordan has shown enough times that he can play well, and score from the left. It allows Stokes to play high up and run in behind defenders, Nish to link the midfield to attack, and Zemmama on the opposite side.

He CAN do it, so it is up to him to do it. If all four of Riordan, Stokes, Nish and Zemmama play their roles within anything like the way they can, then we are a real force. Riordan's standards, for one reason or another, dropped yesterday. He was anonymous. However, he has been just as anonymous when played up front before.

California-Hibs
28-12-2009, 04:56 PM
I don't want Derek Riordan tracking right backs and right midfielders to our 18 yard line. I want him on the shoulder of the last defender, I want him smahing the ball in from 18-35 yards because he can.

He a talent, he's a wasted talent on the wing, He a non-existed talent playing almost as a left back.

I think you'll find that he's played wide left cutting inside for most of his career, and he's stated before that he enjoys it there and cutting infield. As for almost playing left back, this has only been recently and its because he's been told to get back and help out the defense, no problem with that providing he gets back up there and helps us out in attack aswel WHICH HE HAS BEEN DOING with the huns game apart.
Geezo

J-C
28-12-2009, 05:13 PM
There's a difference between playing out on the left as a striker and playing there as a midfielder, who is expected to track back. I'd rather see a natural left sided midfielder who can track back ( Rankin, Stevenson, Galbraith ) all have good qualities and that frees up Riordan to be a left sided attacker alongside Stokes. This worked well early in the season and both Stokes and Riordan seamed to be starting a good understanding with each other but Yogi seems to like playing 3 up front, with Nish as a target man. Nish to me is a liabilty and omly getting 1 out of every 10 games from him is never enough to justify playing him at all.

Liam Miller was also invisible yesterday and that didn't help the left side of the team as this is where he plays best, allowing Zouma to control the right, hence everything Hibs did went down the right hand side.

PatHead
28-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Problem with DR is where to play him. Stokes goal run has happened since Nish came into the team. Problem with playing Nish is that players too often play a long ball up to him as the easy way out and if he is off form, like yesterday, with a first touch as good as Nade, then the ball keeps coming back.

I doubt Stokes and Riordan could play up front together as they are too similar but wouldn't drop DR as he can turn a game all by himself.

Westie1875
28-12-2009, 05:43 PM
I want Riordan played upfront, he is a striker - give him a shot for a few games with Stokes and see what happens.

el capitano
28-12-2009, 06:03 PM
derek could not play in the centre forward role that john hughes expects from his centre forward, has any of the people wanting this actually thought about what derek would be expected to do in a game?

he is ideal on the left, him and murray are arguably the best left sided pairing in the country,yesterday was a bad day at the office. keep him there.

rainman
28-12-2009, 06:17 PM
derek could not play in the centre forward role that john hughes expects from his centre forward, has any of the people wanting this actually thought about what derek would be expected to do in a game?

he is ideal on the left, him and murray are arguably the best left sided pairing in the country,yesterday was a bad day at the office. keep him there.

You're right, he doesn't have the physique, work rate or pace to play as an out and out striker.

Nor does he have it to play as a left midfielder/winger. So what Mowbray and now Hughes have had to do is just let him have a free role. It just means Rankin and Miller have to work harder and cover more ground. Yesterday Rangers dragged our whole team out of position with Miller and Rankin stepping over to cover defensively.

It's not only Riordan, they were stepping over to the right as well because Zemmama doesn't get back either. Thing is, you can get away with one but having both sides exposed means Miller and Rankin are doing the work of 4 men. It just puts pressure on the whole team and against better teams like Rangers, we won't get away with it.

Franck Stanton
28-12-2009, 06:17 PM

Bit strong mate, just 'cos he's gone off the boil just now you want him emptied? Just wot drugs you on?

ancient hibee
28-12-2009, 06:39 PM
There's a difference between playing out on the left as a striker and playing there as a midfielder, who is expected to track back. I'd rather see a natural left sided midfielder who can track back ( Rankin, Stevenson, Galbraith ) all have good qualities and that frees up Riordan to be a left sided attacker alongside Stokes. This worked well early in the season and both Stokes and Riordan seamed to be starting a good understanding with each other but Yogi seems to like playing 3 up front, with Nish as a target man. Nish to me is a liabilty and omly getting 1 out of every 10 games from him is never enough to justify playing him at all.

Liam Miller was also invisible yesterday and that didn't help the left side of the team as this is where he plays best, allowing Zouma to control the right, hence everything Hibs did went down the right hand side.
Hughes doesn't play 3 up front-he only plays 1.Nish plays at the front of a midfield triangle with Miller and Rankin behind him.As a result the other more forward payers are isolated.We should play 4 in the midfield with Stokes and Riordan playing together in the centre.As they are both quick thinkers we would get pleny goals.

hibee-shtuggie
28-12-2009, 07:01 PM
simple - punt nish play galbraith at LM and play a straight 4-4-2 with deeks and stokes and watch the golas fly in. sometimes with three strikers its a case of too many cooks spoil the broth.

el capitano
28-12-2009, 07:10 PM
simple - punt nish play galbraith at LM and play a straight 4-4-2 with deeks and stokes and watch the golas fly in. sometimes with three strikers its a case of too many cooks spoil the broth.

so change the formation that just had us on a great unbeaten run, and also why punt nish?, and also on what basis do you think galbraith will offer more than derek on the left?and also why have stokes in a partnership when he has been scoring regularly up top on his own?
we had a bad day yesterday, it happens

hibee-shtuggie
28-12-2009, 07:19 PM
so change the formation that just had us on a great unbeaten run, and also why punt nish?, and also on what basis do you think galbraith will offer more than derek on the left?and also why have stokes in a partnership when he has been scoring regularly up top on his own?
we had a bad day yesterday, it happens

nothing to do with yesterday mate. i just think we could use derek better upfront. also, look at teams that were clinical upfront, they were built on striking partnerships. i just think we need to gel a striking partnership and go back to a more traditional 4-4-2. for the small amount of time galbraith was on hes quite a wee snappy player- just the wee bit mroe grit in the mid we need. as for nish...i think more than enough people would be glad to express their displeasure in his recent form despite his effort.

EasterRoad4Ever
28-12-2009, 07:20 PM
IMHO Deeks is not a team player and the type who thrives at being No1 at the club, not a as a support act. Stokes has been the main event over last few weeks and not entirely sure Deeks appreciates that. His huffing and petulance is the sort of stuff you expect of a 14 year old. Maybe he'll grow up one day, but probably long after his footballing career is over :grr:

marinello59
28-12-2009, 07:24 PM
IMHO Deeks is not a team player and the type who thrives at being No1 at the club, not a as a support act. Stokes has been the main event over last few weeks and not entirely sure Deeks appreciates that. His huffing and petulance is the sort of stuff you expect of a 14 year old. Maybe he'll grow up one day, but probably long after his footballing career is over :grr:

He had a bad game yesterday, it happens to the best. I'd still have him starting every match.

silverhibee
28-12-2009, 07:30 PM
Not sure about this statement. by labeling Maka a liability he is being made a scapegoat. he is the last line of defence not THE defence. yes he made mistakes as did all of the outfield players and because of those mistakes some ended up as goals against.

Maka will probably be replaced as second choice but he is all we have at present therefore must play. If both he and Stack are injured I would expect to see Flynn take over in goal.

Riordan's contribution is being questioned as is the contribution of a few others on Sunday including Yogi in terms of tactics.

Riordan was sick on Sunday, there is an unconfirmed suggestion it was because of alcohol consumed the previous evening.

And who made that suggestion, what aload of crap some people come away with on this board, i do not think there will be many, if any football players would have alcohol the night before a game.

el capitano
28-12-2009, 07:34 PM
nothing to do with yesterday mate. i just think we could use derek better upfront. also, look at teams that were clinical upfront, they were built on striking partnerships. i just think we need to gel a striking partnership and go back to a more traditional 4-4-2. for the small amount of time galbraith was on hes quite a wee snappy player- just the wee bit mroe grit in the mid we need. as for nish...i think more than enough people would be glad to express their displeasure in his recent form despite his effort.

if its nothing to do with yesterday then why would anyone want to change it with the previous performances?.
i agree galbraith needs game time but this should be in dereks left midfield position if he is not looking good for 90mins
stokes is gelling with other players and this will get better and in nish,
more than enough people have expressed how well he has been playing. i dont think its a coincidence that stokes is scoring more from nish playing behind him.

the way hibs have been playing when they dont have the ball has been very good over the last 10weeks or so, the system works.

BT58
28-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Check the forums ..deeks is safe for this week ...the green rinse brigade have nominated Maka as this weeks scapegoat !!! :thumbsup:

think you will find out the WHOLE TEAM are scapegoats
but to have a guy who can score 20 odd goals stuck out on the left
is a crying shame
we need to get back to having nish on the bench,ok ok, it seems hes been one of the better wans
but stokes needs a partner,,,,,,,,dr+go brought loads o goals
why not stokes +deeks
hb

el capitano
28-12-2009, 07:50 PM
[/B]

And who made that suggestion, what aload of crap some people come away with on this board, i do not think there will be many, if any football players would have alcohol the night before a game.

exactly. one bad day and we read some rubbish on here.

J-C
28-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Hughes doesn't play 3 up front-he only plays 1.Nish plays at the front of a midfield triangle with Miller and Rankin behind him.As a result the other more forward payers are isolated.We should play 4 in the midfield with Stokes and Riordan playing together in the centre.As they are both quick thinkers we would get pleny goals.

If we only play Nish up front as you say, with Miller and Rankin behind forming a triangle, then where do Stokes, Riordan and Zouma play :confused:

He plays a 4-3-3 formation with Stokes and Riordan playing either side of Nish. Rankin on the left, Miller in the middle and Zouma the right.midfield.

If you read my post aain, you'll se I said the same as you, stating Stokes and Riordan should play together as they did earier in the season where they looked to be forming a decent partnership.

I think we're missing McBride to shore up the midfield and allow the other players to do their own thing, if and when he comes back, you'll find Nish won't get a game.

ancient hibee
29-12-2009, 03:37 PM
If we only play Nish up front as you say, with Miller and Rankin behind forming a triangle, then where do Stokes, Riordan and Zouma play :confused:

He plays a 4-3-3 formation with Stokes and Riordan playing either side of Nish. Rankin on the left, Miller in the middle and Zouma the right.midfield.

If you read my post aain, you'll se I said the same as you, stating Stokes and Riordan should play together as they did earier in the season where they looked to be forming a decent partnership.

I think we're missing McBride to shore up the midfield and allow the other players to do their own thing, if and when he comes back, you'll find Nish won't get a game.
A slight misreading on your part.

Stokes is on his own at centre forward(old man's term).

Riordan and Zouma are basically the wide men of a midfield 5 and far too far away from Stokes to even play little one-twos.

Nish and the other 2 play as a central midfield triangle with Nish at the front -sometimes it works nicely (it's the way that the Real Madrid of the Puskas/De Stefano era used to bring the ball up-not that it did them any good when Willie Hamilton got hold of them)but more often it means that 2 opponents can mark the 3 of them.

As you rightly say Riordan and Stokes should play close together-both quick thinkers with quick feet.

judas
29-12-2009, 10:04 PM
I heard that Riordan was handcuffed by the polis on the night of the Rangers game at the Omni Centre.

My source is impeccable.

I also heard that Deeks mates were accusing the police of targetting Riordan, for, well being Riordan.

I also heard the Deeks uttered the words 'do you know who I am'.

silverhibee
29-12-2009, 11:40 PM
I heard that Riordan was handcuffed and cautioned by the polis last night at the Omni Centre.

My source is impeccable.

I also heard that Deeks mates were accusing the police of targetting Riordan, for, well being Riordan.

Last night Deek was on his X-box all night.:confused:

J-C
29-12-2009, 11:47 PM

There's always someone willing to stir things up and spread rediculous false rumours. Can the rumours being spread be seen as slander, if so be careful what you all start typing.

silverhibee
29-12-2009, 11:53 PM
There's always someone willing to stir things up and spread rediculous false rumours. Can the rumours being spread be seen as slander, if so be careful what you all start typing.

Correct.

Dibben
30-12-2009, 12:44 AM
My source is impeccable.

Be VERY careful what you put on these boards, as lawyers have in the past held people accountable for slanderous remarks. You may wish to delete your post, I reckon SilverHibee will know alot better that your source what Deek has been up to!!

Speedy
30-12-2009, 02:08 AM
I heard that Riordan was handcuffed and cautioned by the polis last night at the Omni Centre.

My source is impeccable.

As good as someone off another forum's pal's husband?

judas
30-12-2009, 08:24 AM

Apologies for error.

Night of the Rangers game.

According to my source it happened. Simple as that.

hibiedude
30-12-2009, 08:39 AM
I heard that Riordan was handcuffed and cautioned by the polis on the night of the Rangers game at the Omni Centre.

My source is impeccable.

I have been in deeks company on many occasions and at times he does my head in but I've never heard him once play billy big time.

R01rdan is an easy target for rumours

judas
30-12-2009, 09:13 AM
I have been in deeks company on many occasions and at times he does my head in but I've never heard him once play billy big time.

R01rdan is an easy target for rumours

I agree.

I heard he was not directly causing any trouble. But there was trouble in the Omni centre. He and various others were sidelined by the old bill, presumably while things cooled down.