PDA

View Full Version : Maka weekly thread (Huns game this time)

Pages : [1] 2

hibby4ever
27-12-2009, 01:09 PM
this guy really needs to get as far away from er as yogi can boot him wat a pile of s***e he is i will be so so happy when yogi kicks him out i really cant wait till stack is back the only reason he is not being subbed is due to the lack of games flynn has had i mean how s***emust your keeper be when the dirty unwashed applaud him when he comes out for the second half this keeper is a bomb scare and he is going to cost us many many points this season he makes the whole defence nervous i will stop my rant now think i have got my point accross

MSK
27-12-2009, 01:11 PM
this guy really needs to get as far away from er as yogi can boot him wat a pile of s***e he is i will be so so happy when yogi kicks him out i really cant wait till stack is back the only reason he is not being subbed is due to the lack of games flynn has had i mean how s***emust your keeper be when the dirty unwashed applaud him when he comes out for the second half this keeper is a bomb scare and he is going to cost us many many points this season he makes the whole defence nervous i will stop my rant now think i have got my point accross:yawn: ..another ..

GlesgaeHibby
27-12-2009, 01:12 PM
this guy really needs to get as far away from er as yogi can boot him wat a pile of s***e he is i will be so so happy when yogi kicks him out i really cant wait till stack is back the only reason he is not being subbed is due to the lack of games flynn has had i mean how s***emust your keeper be when the dirty unwashed applaud him when he comes out for the second half this keeper is a bomb scare and he is going to cost us many many points this season he makes the whole defence nervous i will stop my rant now think i have got my point accross

I don't particularly rate Maka, but he's done nothing wrong today.

hibby4ever
27-12-2009, 01:14 PM

nothing wrong wat game u watching

Petrie's Tache
27-12-2009, 01:15 PM

You were saying?

GlesgaeHibby
27-12-2009, 01:15 PM

And that howler is exactly why I don't rate him. That was shocking.

NOLA
27-12-2009, 01:16 PM

was going to tell you to do one and then...:grr:

SRHibs
Tbh, wouldn't be surprised if he's just choking under the pressure and feigning injury.

JE89
Agreed. A mistake a game with this guy. Not good enough

SaudiHibby
27-12-2009, 01:17 PM

Have a word with yourself fs

Mark_K
27-12-2009, 01:17 PM
just as andy walker said, his positioning was all wrong.

mayo hibee
27-12-2009, 01:24 PM
It's a question of where we want to go as a club. If we're happy to sit in the top six and go for europe one year in three or four, then Maka is good enough for Hibs.

But if we have any ambition to ever improve our standing and take on the OF and try and win the SC, then a Maka and players of his low standard have no place here.

So, what'll it be?

sauzee
27-12-2009, 01:27 PM
just in from work,just intime to see that ballon making another howler,sick of some posters on here that stick up for him ! he's young,he'll be a good goalie in time! heard them all,he's a clown costs us time and time again,i for one hope we get another keeper in soon and yogi sends him packing after the game.

sauzee
27-12-2009, 01:31 PM
ps,possibly should have had that one aswell.

Sir David Gray
27-12-2009, 01:36 PM
No doubt Hibs Spain will be on here shortly to give us another passionate defence of Makalambay.

SaudiHibby
27-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Fickle hibs.net strikes again. FFS:top marks

mayo hibee
27-12-2009, 01:38 PM
No doubt Hibs Spain will be on here shortly to give us another passionate defence of Makalambay.

Surely he can't this time?

There is no defence. He's not good enough.

the_ginger_hibee
27-12-2009, 01:39 PM
A back up keeper in January or stick with Flynn, with Stack claiming the number 1 jersey upon return. Maka might be 'sound' and a 'character' but he's utter dross. Got away with it last week, not so lucky now. Can we afford the liability to take the gloves for the derby? No chance.

Bostonhibby
27-12-2009, 01:41 PM
I get no pleasure saying it but the huns third was just a stupid goalkeeping error and I think the 4th could have been stopped as well. Its the nature of the job that you will get the odd mistake but you should really be able to have a feeling of confidence in the keeper for the majority of the time, there have ben too many howlers from this guy at important times, I dont think he has the bottle or attitude for pressure games and I suspect it might rub off on the rest of the team as well.

mayo hibee
27-12-2009, 01:41 PM
I see Hibs Spain is an active user on the forum at the moment.

We're waiting...:I'm waiti

Wembley67
27-12-2009, 01:42 PM
enough is enough with maka, stuck with him long enough....fickle? Nope, just a realist.

Sir David Gray
27-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Surely he can't this time?

There is no defence. He's not good enough.

Don't bet on it. :rolleyes:

KiddA
27-12-2009, 01:49 PM

Yet another horror show from Maka for the third goal and it pretty much killed us off. I wonder what the Maka backers will say now :rolleyes: Im sure we will get a few on this thread saying lay of the big guy he has been playing well :yawn: and not another Maka thread :yawn: or pathetic for starting up another Maka thread from some certain Hibs net members but the truth is Maka is not good enough for Hibs and its plain and simple. Yogi knows this though and Maka will be gone soon:agree:

J-C
27-12-2009, 01:54 PM
TBH he was at fault for the 3rd and that's it, no chance with the first 2 and unlucky with the 4th. On the 2nd he anticipated Novo crossing the ball across goal to Boyd and left too much at his post for Novo to see. Mistakes from defense and midfield didn't help matters, too many bad passes and players out of potision.

Hibbyradge
27-12-2009, 01:56 PM
:yawn: ..another ..
That's the point though, K. He does something to cause controversy most weeks.

PeeJay
27-12-2009, 01:58 PM

3rd goal - near post - definite Makka mistake!
The rest of this disaster though can hardly be laid at his door!

SaudiHibby
27-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Wotherspoon - absolutely sheeeite, get rid in January
Miller - absolutely shocking, ditch now
Riordan - waste of a jersey, take him out the back and shoot him
Nish - usual pish
Zemama - heidless chicken, sell now

:agree:

James70
27-12-2009, 02:00 PM

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

He can take Hogg with him as he was at fault for the first two goals.

Hibsandaroo
Maka wasn't the only one at fault today, although he he made some unforgiveable mistakes again, his time surely has to be up this time! (becoming a bit of a pun now).

Hogg was at fault a lot and clearly missed Ian Murray. Riordan anonymous again and Nish wasn't at his best.

Still lessons learnt hopefully hibs, bring on the JTs

sesoim
Fickle hibs.net strikes again. FFS:top marks

"Fickle" would suggest we change our mind about Makalamby. I think we had already made our mind up he was rubbish before now.

hibby4ever
27-12-2009, 02:01 PM
dont get me wrong the guy is sound as a person but just not a good keeper we cant have people keep saying he is a good young keeper and become good that is just no good we want to win things and be up there with the old firm them this guy needs to go.............there is no way that anyone can stick up for his showing today or they must be blind

James70
27-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Did anyone see the Motherwell keeper's performance at Ipox, we could sign him as a replacement! :greengrin

MSK
27-12-2009, 02:04 PM
That's the point though, K. He does something to cause controversy most weeks.Thats no my point though D..the game wasnae even over before this thread appeared ..how about an individual thread for the defence because what i saw the defence werent too clever today either...however ..scapegoat = Maka ..

Big Frank
27-12-2009, 02:05 PM
The keeper was already diving before boyd hit their second. Their 3rd was ridic. Lets be clear, novo was CROSSING that ball, but our keeper was shocking for it. Their fourth was poor handling.

Not good enough im afraid.

camthebam
Nish - usual pish

Point taken.

But Maka has previous. Loads. He sold the jerseys with that 3rd one? That was f#ckin disgraceful? And he does it time and time again. And still has his apologists. Sorry, I just don't get it. Weakest link in one of the strongest Hibs teams I've seen in decades. Quite simply not good enough.

SaudiHibby
Any fantabulous Falkirk players up for grabs, boy do we need them :wink:

Davy Mac
Nish - usual pish

Aye, right then........:rolleyes::fishin:

(((Fergus)))
27-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Yes, if Maka hadn't let in that third goal we would have won the game FACT.

Hibsandaroo
27-12-2009, 02:07 PM

That was definitely the most obvious mistake but a good goally would've have kept some of the others out. Maybe Yogi should've taken the gamble with Flynn at half time after his injury.

It's certainly Maka's most consistent bad game. He usually plays decent and then makes a clanger. Just seemed to be bombscare for majority of the game today.

SaudiHibby
27-12-2009, 02:07 PM

:greengrin:thumbsup::greengrin

Arch Stanton
27-12-2009, 02:10 PM

That's just parrot talk - Boyd was clearly in the best position to score and Maka was using his head (unlike a lot of posters on this thread) in trying to take away that option - it needed a terrific strike from Novo.

I'm pretty sure that the theorists who say a goalkeeper should never be beaten at the near post don't also advocate that it is alright for the defence to leave their best striker all on his lonesome in the 6-yard box.

aussie_hibee
27-12-2009, 02:11 PM
miller was at fault for the first. Whoever rolled the ball to deeko for the 2nd instead of launching it is at fault for that one. Think bamba took it off hogg who was going to launch it. Maka for 3rd.

hibiedude
27-12-2009, 02:14 PM

I don't rate Maka but Deeks was worse that rubbish today Liam Miller caused our downfall so why not have a go at them :confused:

SaudiHibby
Miller and Riordan at fault for the second. In fact Riordan was disinterested all game. But hey lets all have a go at the keeper. Bad day at the office imo, that's all:agree:

camthebam

Certainly not a fact.

But a very real possibility.

We had the measure of that ****s and were only down due to bad luck at half time. Then the big guy went walkabouts and there was no way back.

For the first time in a long time I'm gutted we never tore them to bits. And I'm sorry, but big Yves played his part. Not good enough.

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Craig levein has just had a huge sigh of relief, he's just found out Maka does not have a Scottish granny.

WarringtonHibee
27-12-2009, 02:17 PM
:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

He can take Hogg with him as he was at fault for the first two goals.

Have a word Miller slack pass coughed up possession Bamba then allowed Boyd to much space exposing Hogg for 1st.

2nd Bamba instead of hitting it long short to Riordan who again instead of getting it away tries to dribble loses possession again leaves Hogg exposed think you need to look for other scapegoats.

BTW it's Cheshire Hibee on my sons laptop.

camthebam
27-12-2009, 02:18 PM
That's just parrot talk - Boyd was clearly in the best position to score and Maka was using his head (unlike a lot of posters on this thread) in trying to take away that option - it needed a terrific strike from Novo.

I'm pretty sure that the theorists who say a goalkeeper should never be beaten at the near post don't also advocate that it is alright for the defence to leave their best striker all on his lonesome in the 6-yard box.

Sorry, but utter pish. I could have driven a double decker bus, sideways, in slow motion, through that gap. Horrible position for a professional GK to have taken.

gillythehibby
The First 2 goals were defensive errors. We gave the ball away twice when WE had it. The 3rd goal was all Maka and the 4th the defence far to square on miller. BTW, it's a team game and several things added to the goals lost. Up till the 2nd we were playing really good football. Maka not really good enough, but that's why Stack N01. Wev'e played worse and won this season.

KiddA
Miller and Riordan at fault for the second. In fact Riordan was disinterested all game. But hey lets all have a go at the keeper. Bad day at the office imo, that's all:agree:

Bad day at the office, thats all. :bye: :faf:

CapitalHibs
27-12-2009, 02:20 PM
The First 2 goals were defensive errors. We gave the ball away twice when WE had it. The 3rd goal was all Maka and the 4th the defence far to square on miller. BTW, it's a team game and several things added to the goals lost. Up till the 2nd we were playing really good football. Maka not really good enough, but that's why Stack N01. Wev'e played worse and won this season.

We've been giving the ball away all season.

Davy Mac
27-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Sorry, but utter pish. I could have driven a double decker bus, sideways, in slow motion, through that gap. Horrible position for a professional GK to have taken.

Agreed, basic stuff and you've hit the nail on the head 'professional' - sportsman maybe, goalkeeper? - never.

Far to casual and slovenly for me.

hibee_girl
27-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Yes the 3rd goal was Maka's fault for being beaten at his near post, however he wasn't the only shambles out there today or are we forgetting that Rangers strolled past our 'defenders' for the 3rd goal in particular.

Maka looked like he was carrying an injury but Yogi obviously felt that was a better option than chucking a young guy in goals for today.

(((Fergus)))
27-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Certainly not a fact.

But a very real possibility.

We had the measure of that c#nts and were only down due to bad luck at half time. Then the big guy went walkabouts and there was no way back.

For the first time in a long time I'm gutted we never tore them to bits. And I'm sorry, but big Yves played his part. Not good enough.

we lost that game because despite dominating the first half we could not score. The few chances he had the hun took. our defence was paper thin as we were obviously going all out for goals. a risky strategy if you dont score. biggest culprit in the defeat was our striker doing a casper impersonation, albeit without the punch. but no, he's an official hero so we look elsewhere.

lucky
27-12-2009, 02:23 PM
I thought Makka should have saved the 1st 3rd and 4th. He cause panic in the defence as such he should be punted

Arch Stanton
27-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Sorry, but utter pish. I could have driven a :thumbsup:, through that gap. Horrible position for a professional GK to have taken.

OK, I guess if we're just down to mindless slagging then I must complement you on such a laughably pish post. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Perhaps Maka deliberately showed Novo the space for the 3rd goal, i will wait for hibspain to clear it up before making any comment.

cammy1969
27-12-2009, 02:30 PM
i think the manager should get a bit of the blame here in the 1st half when bamba told him that maka was injured he turned to the hibs fans and call maka a $%^&ing coward if thats his opinion then get him off the park

Devine
27-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Mistake after mistake enough is enough.

As for using his head at the 3rd goal dear oh dear any goalkeeper worth his salt covers the front post in those situations to say otherwise is just daft!

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2009, 02:32 PM
i think the manager should get a bit of the blame here in the 1st half when bamba told him that maka was injured he turned to the hibs fans and call maka a $%^&ing coward if thats his opinion then get him off the park

Well yogi does see him every day at training.:devil:

MrSmith
27-12-2009, 02:33 PM
My tuppence worth, Maka's positioning was atrocious!

I have never commented on him previously and do not enjoy slagging players who were our beloved strip but...First and second goals he went to ground before the shots were taken! least said about the 3rd and fourth the better! However, each of these goals were consequences of poor play, from out field players, being punished culminating in the poor positioning and skill of Maka!

Time to go I'm afraid, we need a keeper not a joke!

Betty Boop
Yes the 3rd goal was Maka's fault for being beaten at his near post, however he wasn't the only shambles out there today or are we forgetting that Rangers strolled past our 'defenders' for the 3rd goal in particular.

Maka looked like he was carrying an injury but Yogi obviously felt that was a better option than chucking a young guy in goals for today.

:agree: Yogi said that Makalamby tweaked his hamstring, and he felt that Flynn was too inexperienced.

HIBERNIAN-0762
Blaming Maka is easy, I've done it in the past when it was merited but to blame him today is a joke, four pathetic loose balls and four easy goal for the huns, they are in a different league from us when it comes to the crunch, to try and split the OF will take a minor miracle inho, this doing has been coming for weeks and we just need to get over it and move on, I don't think I've seen Hibs play so badly all season, we were never at the races except for the first ten minutes after that no points out of ten for any player

givescotlandfreedom
27-12-2009, 02:34 PM
I think we need shot of him sharpish. The points he wins us on his good days are quickly lost due to his clangers. Not good enough.

camthebam
27-12-2009, 02:36 PM
OK, I guess if we're just down to mindless slagging then I must complement you on such a laughably pish post. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

How mindless?

How a laughably pish post?

I think Yves is terrible and believe it strongly. I genuinely believe he was horribly at fault for the goal that killed the game. I could be wrong. But very much doubt it.

But maybe it is just a coincedence that he gets blamed for losing us so many games. Maybe it is all the fault of those horrible commentators. Maybe the huns were being doubly ironic when they were singing his name. Or maybe not.

Hibs Spain
27-12-2009, 02:37 PM
The keeper was already diving before boyd hit their second. Their 3rd was ridic. Lets be clear, novo was CROSSING that ball, but our keeper was shocking for it. Their fourth was poor handling.

Not good enough im afraid.Maka was exposed at every goal.Apart from one block in the first half he didn't have a save to make apart from the four goals.And as you said Novo was trying to cross the ball but by definition he was at fault for the third because it was near post.Shows you how a lucky sclaff can fool even the most talented keepers.Reina got beaten at his near post last week....No one's even mentioned it here or in England:greengrin

PeeJay
27-12-2009, 02:41 PM

This is bollocks - anybody who knows anything about goalkeeping knows letting in goals at the near post is not a sign of a good goalkeeper - he left a space wide enough to drive a bus through: this has nothing to do with "parrot talk" - it was a blatant mistake!:grr: I'm not blaming him for today's defeat, enough other guys on the park made mistakes today, but why anybody would want to exonerate him for this blunder is beyond me??? :confused:

J-C
27-12-2009, 02:41 PM
How mindless?

How a laughably pish post?

I think Yves is terrible and believe it strongly. I genuinely believe he was horribly at fault for the goal that killed the game. I could be wrong. But very much doubt it.

But maybe it is just a coincedence that he gets blamed for losing us so many games. Maybe it is all the fault of those horrible commentators. Maybe the huns were being doubly ironic when they were singing his name. Or maybe not.

Losing us so many games, we were undefeated in 12 until today, some of you guys are so bloody blinkered in your views.

Yes he made 1 mistake for the 3rd but the defense and midfield were to blame for poor play and gifting goals to the Huns.

cabbage07
27-12-2009, 02:42 PM
When it comes down to its hibs fault we havent got a decent keeper between the sticks ,everyone knows we have needing one since Anderson left.
One clamity keeper after another and we still havent got it right ,just like to say regarding the game today thought hogg was awful.

BEEJ
Blaming Maka is easy, I've done it in the past when it was merited but to blame him today is a joke, four pathetic loose balls and four easy goal for the huns, they are in a different league from us when it comes to the crunch,
Certainly wrong to blame Maka alone for the defeat. That's just making him a scapegoat.

But psychologically it was a bad time in the match for the goalie to make such an elementary mistake. It was game over after their third. The heads went down and there was no way back for Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
Blaming Maka is easy, I've done it in the past when it was merited but to blame him today is a joke, four pathetic loose balls and four easy goal for the huns, they are in a different league from us when it comes to the crunch, to try and split the OF will take a minor miracle inho, this doing has been coming for weeks and we just need to get over it and move on, I don't think I've seen Hibs play so badly all season, we were never at the races except for the first ten minutes after that no points out of ten for any player

It is on this occasion, we were 2-1 down, but had come out in the 2nd half looking better. Then the clown gifts them another goal making the game safe, then another with his ****in chocolate wrist. Yogi needs to get him as far away from hibs as he can. There was a poll on here a few weeks ago, Stack or Maka. There should be a new one, Maka or Zibi. Both are about as sheite as each other, the result would be very close imho.

WhileTheChief..
Anyone know when his contract is up? Thankfully we won't have to put up with him afterwards as there is no chance of Yogi offering him a new deal. Trying to defend him again and again is as futile as he is useless.

Young, got potential, good shot stopper etc...., heard it all before. Let him go learn the job elsewhere and prove us all wrong.

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Anyone know when his contract is up? Thankfully we won't have to put up with him afterwards as there is no chance of Yogi offering him a new deal. Trying to defend him again and again is as futile as he is useless.

Young, got potential, good shot stopper etc...., heard it all before. Let him go learn the job elsewhere and prove us all wrong.

He's also apparently a lovely lad, he has all the attributes of a nice person, just a shame he's a liability as a keeper.

BEEJ
27-12-2009, 02:45 PM
June 2010

MSK
27-12-2009, 02:48 PM
Losing us so many games, we were undefeated in 12 until today, some of you guys are so bloody blinkered in your views.

Yes he made 1 mistake for the 3rd but the defense and midfield were to blame for poor play and gifting goals to the Huns.Spot on ..god forbid the young lad Flynn coming on today..this place would have been at melt down ..!!

camthebam
27-12-2009, 02:49 PM

Yes he made 1 mistake for the 3rd but the defense and midfield were to blame for poor play and gifting goals to the Huns.

He only played in two of them!!!

I won't dream of saying we were good today but surely, SURELY, it's got to be seen that not only does he gift other teams goals but the confidence ebbs from the whole team when he's playing.

Jesus, I've read interviews with the big guy and he seems a very likeable charcater. But he's surely not good enough for what Yogi's got in mind?

hibee_girl
27-12-2009, 02:52 PM
He only played in two of them!!!

I won't dream of saying we were good today but surely, SURELY, it's got to be seen that not only does he gift other teams goals but the confidence ebbs from the whole team when he's playing.

Jesus, I've read interviews with the big guy and he seems a very likeable charcater. But he's surely not good enough for what Yogi's got in mind?

He actually played in 4 of the games

WarringtonHibee
27-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Maka was exposed at every goal.Apart from one block in the first half he didn't have a save to make apart from the four goals.And as you said Novo was trying to cross the ball but by definition he was at fault for the third because it was near post.Shows you how a lucky sclaff can fool even the most talented keepers.Reina got beaten at his near post last week....No one's even mentioned it here or in England:greengrin

Agree that players in front of him have take some of the blame for the 1st 2 goals, however thought he was to far forward for the first and had he been on edge of 6 yard box would probably have saved it. 3rd was just piss poor goalkeeping with regards to Reina why would I mention it on a Hibs board though while he got beat thought Maka's was worse.

Cheshire Hibee

ArabHibee
27-12-2009, 02:53 PM

Bet you wished you'd waited til the end of the game to post that! :greengrin

Maka was exposed at every goal.Apart from one block in the first half he didn't have a save to make apart from the four goals.And as you said Novo was trying to cross the ball but by definition he was at fault for the third because it was near post.Shows you how a lucky sclaff can fool even the most talented keepers.Reina got beaten at his near post last week....No one's even mentioned it here or in England:greengrin

Who cares if Reina got beaten at his near post? Does he play for Hibs? No. So I couldn't give a flying one what he does, I'm more concerned with the mistakes and points that Maka has costs us.

Mikeystewart
27-12-2009, 03:00 PM

Nice to see your laying into him right from the off, Where is the GTF riordan thread he was absolutly woeful today and thats not to mention the goal he gave away. Where is the GTF Hogg and Miller stop picking out one player and blaming the whole result on him. You praise the "team" when they win so you should bloody well critise when they loose. As Yogi just said in the interview "you win as a team and you loose as a team"

Pretty Boy
27-12-2009, 03:01 PM
All i will say is in the games Graham Stack has played i have never seen a thread questioning our goalkeeper apart from one started by Makas fansboy HibsSpain. I have also never generally felt the need to single out our goalkeeper for comment when Stack plays.

1st goal- Miller needs to take the blame with THAT pass but Maka went down like a sack of spuds although a bit unfair to totally blame him.

2nd goal- Mistakes by Riordan, Bamba and Riordan.

3rd goal- Shocking positioning and the strike from Novo was far from 'terrific'.

4th Goal- Weak, weak hand.

Generally looked unsure of himself, spreads nerves through the defence and doesn't communicate enough with the defence.

maybe Hertz will let us borrow their golden wands to try on Stacks' back.

EasterRoad4Ever
27-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Seriously cannot blame our keeper for today's defeat - it was a team effort :grr: However, he has proved repeadedly that he is just not us to the job at ER. Maka was at fault for the Huns 3rd and regularly looked liked he'd prefer to be anywhere than on that pitch. That is no use for a goalkeeper.

Away fans, commentators and many Hibs fans have lost patience with the big keeper and I'm now convinced that - despite his size and shot stopping ability, he is no better than Livi or Dundee quality. We can;t afford to wait for him to realise any kind of consistency as it is his brain that's messed up. Every time he has to make any kind of decision or deliberate acction, it is heart in the mouth stuff. Put it this way, if Hibs were to play AGAINST a team with maka in it every week I'd be delighted. We'd ALWAYS be in with a chance :grr:

Mikeystewart
27-12-2009, 03:03 PM

The arrogance and detachment from reality on this board has no boundaries. :grr:
:jamboak:

camthebam
27-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Nice to see your laying into him right from the off, Where is the GTF riordan thread he was absolutly woeful today and thats not to mention the goal he gave away. Where is the GTF Hogg and Miller stop picking out one player and blaming the whole result on him. You praise the "team" when they win so you should bloody well critise when they loose. As Yogi just said in the interview "you win as a team and you loose as a team"

Indeed we do.

But GK is a very important position. The GK is a man alone and has to accept that that's what he is. I'm afraid big Yves just isn't good enough to hold down the position for a team with ambitions like ours.

Riordan did little today but I've seen C.Ronaldo do very little in games. The outfield players can get off with it. I sincerely believe that a keeper can't. Harsh, but true.

BEEJ
27-12-2009, 03:06 PM
The arrogance and detachment from reality on this board has no boundaries. :grr:
:jamboak:
Eh?! :confused:

Someone asked how long Maka's contract had to run, and I answered them.

Care to explain your comment?

(Edit: Right, now you've changed the post that you've quoted, but somehow managed to get me as the one who posted it. Very clever!)

biggie1875
27-12-2009, 03:09 PM
TBH he was at fault for the 3rd and that's it, no chance with the first 2 and unlucky with the 4th. On the 2nd he anticipated Novo crossing the ball across goal to Boyd and left too much at his post for Novo to see. Mistakes from defense and midfield didn't help matters, too many bad passes and players out of potision.

Hibs Spain
27-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Bet you wished you'd waited til the end of the game to post that! :greengrin

Who cares if Reina got beaten at his near post? Does he play for Hibs? No. So I couldn't give a flying one what he does, I'm more concerned with the mistakes and points that Maka has costs us.I only mentioned Reina to try and make the point that some people totally over react at anything non-perfect that Maka does in relation to the way they react to mistakes by our other keeper and other keepers in general.

Mikeystewart
Eh?! :confused:

Someone asked how long Maka's contract had to run, and I answered them.

Care to explain your comment?

(Edit: Right, now you've changed the post that you've quoted, but somehow managed to get me as the one who posted it. Very clever!)

haha sorry a quoted the wrong post and messed it up even more when i tried to fix it :faf:

Judas Iscariot
Maka was once again gash..

How Kenny Miller can score from 25+ yards with a sidefooted effort is scary..

The 2nd goal, yes Deek should have humped the ball up the park but Maka was lying on his erse before Boyd had shot!! If he had stood up the shot would've hit right off him..

The 3rd doesn't really need any analysis..

The 4th, a bit like the 1st, a shot with as much force as a wet fart squirms under him and into the net, I don't think it even hit the net!!

It was like "Shootie In" for the Huns today..

Walter Smith - "Right lads, just hit the target, dong worry bout hitting it hard or into the corners, if it's on target there's a chance their big keeper will fluff it!"

I think it's time we now put the fantasy that Maka is a decent keeper to bed..

He just isn't!

Is there another team in the SPL he'd get a game for?

Who's that?

Oh yes, nobody!!

Please, please, PLEASE let Stack be fit for Wednesday and next Sunday :pray:

Kurtz
27-12-2009, 03:12 PM
A late Xmas present for the opposition today - we gifted them everything. An early goal should have sent us on our way but a surprisingly charitable display left us giving rather than receiving. Ma-Kalamby is an easy target but there were plenty of others who could and should be criticized for their display today. Saying that, it's negative and incredibly destructive to pick on individuals - it's a team effort. Next up it's the Hearts of darkness, who should be terminated with extreme prejudice.

sleeping giant
27-12-2009, 03:12 PM

TBH Fergus , when he let in that goal the fight drained from our players.
I have seen this happening too often now.

Enough is enough IMO.

How good is Flynn ? When is Stack back?

Sorry Maka but don't let the door hit your erse on the way out !

biggie1875
27-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Nish - usual pish

have a word m8 u havin a laugh

Cabbage1875
27-12-2009, 03:15 PM
To defend Makalambay after today is just blind idiocy I'm afraid.

The guy's tea was oot about a year ago for me, and now. There is nothing left to say!

1st goal - shouldve done better I think (havent seen it again, only at the game)
2nd goal - blameless
3rd goal - embarrassing
4th goal - really weak hand in trying to keep the ball out.

How can people defend him now, it's actually beyond laughable :bitchy:

mayo hibee
27-12-2009, 03:22 PM
I only mentioned Reina to try and make the point that some people totally over react at anything non-perfect that Maka does in relation to the way they react to mistakes by our other keeper and other keepers in general.

Poor enough defence of your man today Spain, I sense even you know now that he's not good enough. The only positive is that it was made plain for all to see in a game we were probably going to lose anyway. The huns are on fire at the moment and we had a serious off day.

Thankfully it's not a case of us having to go and find a new keeper (although we need a better back-up one), we just need to get Stacky fit and onto the team.

As for Maka, I'm not sure if he'd be first choice at any SPL team at the moment, I can certainly say I've seen enough of at least 7 other SPL first choice keepers to know they are all better than he is.

While Yogi will say publicly that we win and lose as a team, you can read enough between the lines from what he has recently said to know that Maka will be on his way out of the club this summer.

Pretty Boy
27-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Poor enough defence of your man today Spain, I sense even you know now that he's not good enough. The only positive is that it was made plain for all to see in a game we were probably going to lose anyway. The huns are on fire at the moment and we had a serious off day.

Thankfully it's not a case of us having to go and find a new keeper (although we need a better back-up one), we just need to get Stacky fit and onto the team.

As for Maka, I'm not sure if he'd be first choice at any SPL team at the moment, I can certainly say I've seen enough of at least 7 other SPL first choice keepers to know they are all better than he is.

While Yogi will say publicly that we win and lose as a team, you can read enough between the lines from what he has recently said to know that Maka will be on his way out of the club this summer.

:agree: I think Yogis' post match radio comment of "theres a keeper in there somewhere" says it all really.

Gatecrasher
27-12-2009, 03:31 PM
Although the whole team was a shambles today maka was at fault for at least 2 IMO

I want to see the goals again but after another week of football we are walking away from the game talking about the same person. I'm wondering how many more mistakes it's going to take for people to realise he is just not good enough

TornadoHibby
27-12-2009, 03:35 PM
It's entirely possible Maka could have done more to prevent the third goal but what an inept shower he had in front of him. woeful passing.

We played well in the first twenty minutes but were we were beaten at that point by hoofball. two goals from hoofball is a lesson we must learn from.
in the second half the ball must have been covered in **** and snot cause no one wanted it.
Rangers passed to their own players which got them two further goals.

embarrassingly the huns fans were right. SPL having a laugh and so ****ing easy.

very poor display from the team

I think that this is the only post I have read in the 10 minutes or so I have been on here since got back from the game that is actually honest and objective and reflects what actually happened! :confused:

To blame Maka for our losing the match is seriously misguided and laughable actually IMO! :agree:

What about the poor losses of posession for the goals, the first and second particularly where Miller then Riordan lost the ball cheaply in and around our goal gifting the opportunites to Rangers!? :agree:

I'm not wasting my time getting involved in another of these stupid threads which are simply to appease people who clearly cannot see what actually happens at the ground on match day with open eyes and minds! :confused: :grr:

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Although the whole team was a shambles today maka was at fault for at least 2 IMO

I want to see the goals again but after another week of football we are walking away from the game talking about the same person. I'm wondering how many more mistakes it's going to take for people to realise he is just not good enough

Aye, but he's a lovely lad, and signs autographs for the kids before the game, and sometimes at half time if he's on the bench. We dont have anyone nearly as good as him at the club to do this important job.

Hibs Spain
27-12-2009, 03:38 PM
:agree:Yeh..just a bad day..I was in a daze trying to work out what went wrong.The first twenty mins were too easy,we needed a second and they literally sliced us open for all their goals.We lost confidence and stopped the passing game that was serving us well ...Why? Dunno. Maybe we bottled it.Certainly Miller didn't cover himself in glory when up against a so called big team.I can only remember them having five shots on target!

Pretty Boy
27-12-2009, 03:42 PM
I think that this is the only post I have read in the 10 minutes or so I have been on here since got back from the game that is actually honest and objective and reflects what actually happened! :confused:

To blame Maka for our losing the match is seriously misguided and laughable actually IMO! :agree:

What about the poor losses of posession for the goals, the first and second particularly where Miller then Riordan lost the ball cheaply in and around our goal gifting the opportunites to Rangers!? :agree:

I'm not wasting my time getting involved in another of these stupid threads which are simply to appease people who clearly cannot see what actually happens at the ground on match day with open eyes and minds! :confused: :grr:

I'm not blaming Maka for us losing the match, however he should have done better at 2 goals, as Rafa would say that's a fact. The rest of the team was poor but unfortunately for Maka goalkeeping mistakes usually end up in goals conceded and today that happened.

I've been there at a pretty decent standard of football and it's the loneliest place in the world but he needs to be big enough to put a mistake out of his mind and forget it like the Gorams, Van Der Sars, Buffons etc, the big man seems incapable of this at the moment and i genuinely believe a lot of the 'laid back' attitude is an act to cover for a keeper who has no confidence left at all.

.Sean.
27-12-2009, 03:45 PM
He's had chance after chance after chace, yet he still lets us down. No, i'm not saying he was to blame for all 4 goals, but he was piss poor for 2 of them, poor positioning and week hands. I don't even think the players have confidence in him.

Bring back Stack ASAP :agree:

Surely even the Maka lovers are getting sick lof him, no?

AndyM_1875
27-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Maka made a mistake for the 3rd goal fair enough, a keeper should never lose a goal at their near post, but the game was pretty much slipping away from us thanks to 2 howlers from senior professionals (Miller & Riordan) in the first half. And the fact that 2 senior professsional made such poor decisions annoyed me far more.

BEEJ
27-12-2009, 03:48 PM

If you'd actually read most of the posts, only a very few people on here are blaming Maka for the defeat.

:rolleyes:

Malthibby
27-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Maka was totally at fault for the third, wandering away from his near post, but the whole team played badly, bar Bamba & Stokes, & collectively were responsible for the defeat. We cannot afford to have as many players off-form as we did today, & there were others who put in poorer shifts than Maka.
We need to learn the lessons & move on; Hughes will decide whether Maka stays & that's fine by me.
GG

MSK
27-12-2009, 03:54 PM
We are only talking about the same person because people see him as a scapegoat.

The rest of the team must be saying "thank **** for Maka"At times like this i really wished O'brien was still here ..at least the flak would have been shared ..

Tattie
27-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Both the first and second goal should not have happened as one of our defenders should have hoofed it away properly. However the first goal shouldn't have beat Maka, poor positioning. Third goal was the exact same, fourth goal not sure if Maka made an arse of that either. I don't care if he is cool guy etc, if we want to stick with the old firm we need to get rid because if he isn't making mistakes that cost goals, he is making the defence nervous and if he isn't doing that he is getting Bamba to take the goal kick which just play everyone onside and allows them to play higher up the park.

WHUHibs
27-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Whether you blame Maka for the mistakes or not is really not the issue. You could debate whos mistake it was leading to the goals and then could he have made a save or not.

The fact is for anyone who has played football at any level if you dont have confidence in your keeper then you start to think too much about how to protect him..

The team have no confidence in him and that is obvious and therefore you dont focus on your own job......and that the problem!!!

I have been told by a former player that they believe his hamstring injury is not what it is....its used as it was at Aberdeen for poor kicking and they are fed up of it...

On top of that Stack is available for Wednesday and will play.

I am sure those of you on the board who are friends with players will confirm this.

For what its worth I dont rate Maka as a keeper as he has too many mistakes but to be fair to him he did make some excellent saves at Aberdeen but after all that is his job!

Spike Mandela
27-12-2009, 03:58 PM
.Apart from one block in the first half he didn't have a save to make apart from the four goals.

Love it when people say this it's ****ing hilarious:faf::faf:

By my reckoning that's at least 4 saves he had to make:confused::greengrin

Pretty Boy
27-12-2009, 04:01 PM
We are only talking about the same person because people see him as a scapegoat.

The rest of the team must be saying "thank **** for Maka"

I would be shocked if anyone at ER is saying that. Except maybe Graham Stack as he knows he will be playing 1st team football again very soon.

TornadoHibby
27-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Maka was totally at fault for the third, wandering away from his near post, but the whole team played badly, bar Bamba & Stokes, & collectively were responsible for the defeat. We cannot afford to have as many players off-form as we did today, & there were others who put in poorer shifts than Maka.
We need to learn the lessons & move on; Hughes will decide whether Maka stays & that's fine by me.
GG

:top marks

MSK
27-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Whether you blame Maka for the mistakes or not is really not the issue. You could debate whos mistake it was leading to the goals and then could he have made a save or not.

The fact is for anyone who has played football at any level if you dont have confidence in your keeper then you start to think too much about how to protect him..

The team have no confidence in him and that is obvious and therefore you dont focus on your own job......and that the problem!!!

I have been told by a former player that they believe his hamstring injury is not what it is....its used as it was at Aberdeen for poor kicking and they are fed up of it...

On top of that Stack is available for Wednesday and will play.

I am sure those of you on the board who are friends with players will confirm this.

For what its worth I dont rate Maka as a keeper as he has too many mistakes but to be fair to him he did make some excellent saves at Aberdeen but after all that is his job!That means applying logic ...something that has bypassed many on here as a defeat needs a scapegoat !!!..it would have been interesting reading the forums had Stack conceded the 4 goals ..:hmmm:

The hysteria on here is laughable at times ..

hibee_girl
27-12-2009, 04:04 PM
GG

Pretty Boy
27-12-2009, 04:04 PM
That means applying logic ...something that has bypassed many on here as a defeat needs a scapegoat !!!..it would have been interesting reading the forums had Stack conceded the 4 goals ..:hmmm:

Stack wouldn't have conceded all of the 4 goals though, thats the point.

Littlest Hobo
27-12-2009, 04:05 PM

[/COLOR]

What's this I've stumbled upon? Tornadohibby defending our "GOALIE":faf: on yet another Maka debate! How many times? How many times before you see what we all see?:rolleyes: Same time, same place next week? and the week after that.........and the week after that.........

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2009, 04:06 PM
That means applying logic ...something that has bypassed many on here as a defeat needs a scapegoat !!!..it would have been interesting reading the forums had Stack conceded the 4 goals ..:hmmm:

The point being, stack would never have let the 3rd and 4th goals in. And we would still have been well in the game at 2-1. Its every bloody week we are talking about another howler from dropsy.:grr:

WHUHibs
27-12-2009, 04:07 PM

Hmmm by your response I suggest you have never played football before??

You tell me is the team better with Makka or Stack?

Who are they more confident with?

I suggest that you think about the comment if you are a CH playing in front of a hapless keeper do you worry or not?

hibee_girl
27-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Stack wouldn't have conceded all of the 4 goals though, thats the point.

The point being, stack would never have let the 3rd and 4th goals in. And we would still have been well in the game at 2-1. Its every bloody week we are talking about another howler from dropsy.:grr:

You can't possibly know that.

Pretty Boy
27-12-2009, 04:11 PM

Ok it is highly unlikely knowing his goalkeeping ability that Stack would have conceded the 3rd and 4th goals. He may also have relieved some of the pressure on the defence with his superior distribution skills. Happy??

hibee_girl
27-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Ok it is highly unlikely knowing his goalkeeping ability that Stack would have conceded the 3rd and 4th goals. He may also have relieved some of the pressure on the defence with his superior distribution skills. Happy??

But on the other hand there will be saves that Maka has made that Stack would never have got to. Falkirk game springs to mind

BEEJ
27-12-2009, 04:15 PM
But on the other hand there will be saves that Maka has made that Stack would never have got to. Falkirk game springs to mind
But you can't possibly know that. :wink:

hibee_girl
27-12-2009, 04:16 PM
But you can't possibly know that. :wink:

That's true :greengrin

'But on the other hand there will be saves that Maka has made that Stack would possibly never have got to. Falkirk game springs to mind'

WHUHibs
27-12-2009, 04:17 PM

Stacks positioning could have been better than Makka and might have made the save....in fact.....any game his positioning would have been better!

Littlest Hobo
27-12-2009, 04:17 PM

Na mate, what's laughable is that people like you want to settle for pish. I think most guys who are criticising Maka, do it because they are hurt by the shabby goalkeeping errors this man continues to make. We've heard all the excuses and we've heard all the predictions of how good this guy is "going to be" the problem is, we want him to be good now. And I'm affraid he's just not! :rolleyes::dummytit:

Simkin911
27-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Maka had a very poor match. He should have performed better for the 1st, 3rd and 4th goals. The 3rd was particularly poor and there was a comedy element having an injured keeper - incapable of kicking - remain on the park.

I can only assume the guy on the bench isn't capable of performing otherwise why keep an injured player on the park?

I was very disappointed with Hogg as club captain. Leaving his individual performance aside, can't recall him leading the team in the manner you'd expect, letting rip, cajouling and generally inspiring the team to perform better. It was very very quiet.

Bamba was much more vocal, aggressive and motivated to perform.

I've read a few real slaggings on this site regarding Miller's performance. It was a horrible pass which led to the 1st goal. A mistake for sure. However, even then the rest of the defence and the keeper didn't look too clever.

Throughout the whole game he was constantly looking for the ball and trying to play football. I'd give him pass marks today - even at 1-4 down he was still looking to receive the ball. How many other players could you say that about?

The goalkeeping position and CH (and general standard of defending) remain the weakest parts of our team.

I regret to say that Maka won't "grow out" of his errors like Yogi and previous managers have suggested. However, Yogi says he's looking for 3-4 (new) keepers so I doubt Maka will be around for seasons to come.

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Na mate, what's laughable is that people like you want to settle for pish. I think most guys who are criticising Maka, do it because they are hurt by the shabby goalkeeping errors this man continues to make. We've heard all the excuses and we've heard all the predictions of how good this guy is "going to be" the problem is, we want him to be good now. And I'm affraid he's just not! :rolleyes::dummytit:

:top marks Only to be accused of waiting by the keyboard frothing at the mouth with excitement.:grr:

Littlest Hobo
27-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Stacks positioning could have been better than Makka and might have made the save....in fact.....any game his positioning would have been better!

We have two weak goalie's at Easter Road "FACT":grr: We haven't had a decent keeper for as long as I can remember "FACT"

Good teams usually have a strong spine, starting with the keeper. I'm affraid I wouldn't trust Maka to go to the icy for the fear he might drop my bloody cone! "FACT":faf:

RickyS
27-12-2009, 04:23 PM

He just isn't!

Who's that?

Oh yes, nobody!!

Please, please, PLEASE let Stack be fit for Wednesday and next Sunday :pray:[/QUOTE]

Nope! in fact theres a case for asking if he would dislodge even a 2nd choice elsewhere in the SPL

MSK
27-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Hmmm by your response I suggest you have never played football before??

You tell me is the team better with Makka or Stack?

Who are they more confident with?

I suggest that you think about the comment if you are a CH playing in front of a hapless keeper do you worry or not?You suggest wrong then ..i have played football for many a year & you know what ..in the many years i played i was always part of a good solid defence ...no matter what keeper we had he felt confident behind us ..

Looking at todays game ..would you suggest the same ..?...i wouldnt ..for the goals the defence was a shambles ..for all 4 of them ..

At the end of the day Maka aint gonna escape the flak ..he was maybe at fault but by no means at fault for the defeat ...

greenlex
27-12-2009, 04:24 PM
miller was at fault for the first. Whoever rolled the ball to deeko for the 2nd instead of launching it is at fault for that one. Think bamba took it off hogg who was going to launch it. Maka for 3rd.
From my seat in the West thats how I saw it. Add a miller offside for the fourth and that about covers the goals.

WHUHibs
27-12-2009, 04:30 PM
You suggest wrong then ..i have played football for many a year & you know what ..in the many years i played i was always part of a good solid defence ...no matter what keeper we had he felt confident behind us ..

Looking at todays game ..would you suggest the same ..?...i wouldnt ..for the goals the defence was a shambles ..for all 4 of them ..

At the end of the day Maka aint gonna escape the flak ..he was maybe at fault but by no means at fault for the defeat ...

I agree he was not the only poor performer there were possible 8 or 9,,,,but I dont believe that if you are a defender with a goalie who doesnt instill confidence that you dont think about it,,,,ask any professional player,,,,confidence in your keeper is a must!!!

If you believe your keeper can sweep up behind you, kick a ball, collect a cross...hmmm

Have you ever hear the phrase about a keeper comanding a box - Does Makka???? I dont think so......

Makka should be an imposing keeper with his frame and height,,,but he is a flapper...

So the question to you is as a CH would you have more confidence in Makka or Stack behind you??

MSK
27-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Na mate, what's laughable is that people like you want to settle for pish. I think most guys who are criticising Maka, do it because they are hurt by the shabby goalkeeping errors this man continues to make. We've heard all the excuses and we've heard all the predictions of how good this guy is "going to be" the problem is, we want him to be good now. And I'm affraid he's just not! :rolleyes::dummytit:Im not settling for pish mate ..i could like you lot go on a rant & pick out individual errors from players week in week out ..im not Maka's biggest fan ..never have been & never will be but it does piss me off when in games such as today he is singled out ...he was by far the worst player on that park today.

H18sry
27-12-2009, 04:33 PM
At 2-1 down we are still in the game, but yet another schoolboy error from Makalamity, and its curtains for us, I am not saying we would have won the game but that error cost us any chance we had of salvaging even a point.

Just not consistent enough to be considered a first choice goalkeeper for Hibs.

MSK
27-12-2009, 04:34 PM
I agree he was not the only poor performer there were possible 8 or 9,,,,but I dont believe that if you are a defender with a goalie who doesnt instill confidence that you dont think about it,,,,ask any professional player,,,,confidence in your keeper is a must!!!

If you believe your keeper can sweep up behind you, kick a ball, collect a cross...hmmm

Have you ever hear the phrase about a keeper comanding a box - Does Makka???? I dont think so......

Makka should be an imposing keeper with his frame and height,,,but he is a flapper...

So the question to you is as a CH would you have more confidence in Makka or Stack behind you??I couldnt say ..im not & never will be a centre half ..

Judas Iscariot
27-12-2009, 04:36 PM

He just isn't!

Who's that?

Oh yes, nobody!!

Please, please, PLEASE let Stack be fit for Wednesday and next Sunday :pray:

Nope! in fact theres a case for asking if he would dislodge even a 2nd choice elsewhere in the SPL

Kilie have 2 good keepers, we have 1 and he's injured too much :bitchy:

HFC 0-7
27-12-2009, 04:36 PM
Thats no my point though D..the game wasnae even over before this thread appeared ..how about an individual thread for the defence because what i saw the defence werent too clever today either...however ..scapegoat = Maka ..

His performance was shocking today, Novos goal should never have went in, any half decent keeper knows getting beat at the near post at that angle is shocking. he should have got the last goal as well. His kicking is terrible and, all too often in the big games the hamstring injury appears. there was a point in the first half where, although the ref eventually blew for a foul he fumbled a header back to him. He is shocking, and I am pretty sure that no other keeper in the SPL has made more mistakes than him.

Jim44
27-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Occasional makes excellent saves but his general play is very weak. Nowhere near worthy of first choice keeper.

WHUHibs
27-12-2009, 04:41 PM
I couldnt say ..im not & never will be a centre half ..

So if you were not or never be a CH then you wont know the answer about how they think when you have a keeper behind you that you are not confident in then?:wink:

I can tell you Bamba is raging,,,,might be worth checking out, watch this space...

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-12-2009, 04:41 PM
If Stack is not fit for St Johnstone then Thomas Flynn has to start. The back four have no confidence when Maka is between the sticks. Novo's goal was pathetic. I don't give a flying **** if he is great in training, or if he is a really top bloke. He is not good enough, and is way past his shelf-life. The Zibster was hung out for much less than Maka has got away with.:grr:

Green forever
27-12-2009, 04:42 PM
From my seat in the West thats how I saw it. Add a miller offside for the fourth and that about covers the goals.

Sadly, Miller was well onside for the fourth.

HFC 0-7
27-12-2009, 04:43 PM

Its a fact that outfield players make errors just about every game, but because of where they are they can usually get away with it. When keepers make mistakes it usually results in goals, thats why keeper MUST be consistent and solid - Maka isnt!. Maka has ability, but he makes far too many errors, and those that are defending him all the time must be realising that he is making too many errors. Maka cannot handle pressure and has a concentration problem. If hibs want to be better we need to get a more solid keeper in than Maka.

If you were close enough to Yogi for the third, you could tell that he was raging with Maka, which quickly subsided to a look of shell shock. I think Yogi will defo be looking to move Maka on in the window, and for hibs that will be a good thing!

TheMentalHibees
27-12-2009, 04:43 PM
I've defended Maka a lot, but I reckon he is finished at ER after today.

Hibs Spain
27-12-2009, 04:44 PM
The point being, stack would never have let the 3rd and 4th goals in. And we would still have been well in the game at 2-1. Its every bloody week we are talking about another howler from dropsy.:grr: Has it crossed your mind how Novo found himself alone the six yard box to get even a shot in for the third?As for the fourth it was a one on one and it's always a bonus when the goalie comes put on top.He got a hand to it at least and I don't think you'll find a better shot stopper than Maka.I'd have in goals for one on ones or penalties ahead of anyone!

Judas Iscariot
27-12-2009, 04:46 PM
Has it crossed your mind how Novo found himself alone the six yard box to get even a shot in for the third?As for the fourth it was a one on one and it's always a bonus when the goalie comes put on top.He got a hand to it at least and I don't think you'll find a better shot stopper than Maka.I'd have in goals for one on ones or penalties ahead of anyone!

:faf:

Apart from today aye :rolleyes:

Landells
27-12-2009, 04:46 PM
How did Novo manage to score that goal? Maka should have been standing up against the post and making yourself look big, Not diving the complete opposite way from the ball.

H18sry
27-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Has it crossed your mind how Novo found himself alone the six yard box to get even a shot in for the third?As for the fourth it was a one on one and it's always a bonus when the goalie comes put on top.He got a hand to it at least and I don't think you'll find a better shot stopper than Maka.I'd have in goals for one on ones or penalties ahead of anyone!

Well 3 out of the 4 goals were 1 on 1's so he wasn't that good today was he.

Why not just admit that he has not got the confidence or concentration to be our no1

MSK
27-12-2009, 04:48 PM
His performance was shocking today, Novos goal should never have went in, any half decent keeper knows getting beat at the near post at that angle is shocking. he should have got the last goal as well. His kicking is terrible and, all too often in the big games the hamstring injury appears. there was a point in the first half where, although the ref eventually blew for a foul he fumbled a header back to him. He is shocking, and I am pretty sure that no other keeper in the SPL has made more mistakes than him.FFS ..i never said he had a good game ..i never said he had an average game ...the team as a whole bottled it ..BOTTLED it ..however that apart ..blame Maka ..thats my point ..the ****in blue rinse brigade on here are all too quick to apportion blame on an individual ...

It was a team effort today ..as a team we failed ..as a team we ****in BOTTLED it ...from 20 mins onwards we collapsed ..we had no midfield ..we had no defence & we had no forward line ...we lost all shape..

Hibs lost today ..not ****in Maka !!!

James70
27-12-2009, 04:50 PM
FFS lets just get rid of him and then find someone else we can stick the knives into.

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Has it crossed your mind how Novo found himself alone the six yard box to get even a shot in for the third?
Not at the time, i was just speechless at ANOTHER howler from dropsy.

As for the fourth it was a one on one and it's always a bonus when the goalie comes put on top.He got a hand to it at least and I don't think you'll find a better shot stopper than Maka.I'd have in goals for one on ones or penalties ahead of anyone!

:faf: He was awful at the 4th, the 3 year old girl, that lives next door to me, has stronger wrists. Stack is far better than dropsy at one on ones, in fact Zibi, Simon Brown or even M'cneil are better than dropsy is AT EVERY PART OF GOALKEEPING. Your boy is sheite, and thankfully will be out the door in 6 months time.

HFC 0-7
27-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Im not settling for pish mate ..i could like you lot go on a rant & pick out individual errors from players week in week out ..im not Maka's biggest fan ..never have been & never will be but it does piss me off when in games such as today he is singled out ...he was by far the worst player on that park today.

I would say that out of the hibs team he played the biggest part in our defeat. OK, Miller had a slack pass for the first, however, how many passes did he get right and he was always looking to get the ball and try and make something happen. Others out there were not that great and Riordan was posted missing for much of the game, however, these other players have gained the respect of the fans for all the good things they have done. When you look at a player, you need to weight them up. look at the things they have done better than just ok against the things they have done wrong. Deeks is posted missing at times, but look how many times he has one us a match. Other like Mcbride and Stack dont do many stunning things but they dont do anything wrong. Maka, has made some stunning saves, but I think he has made more blunders and mistakes than he has made stunning ones, thats why he has to go, and thats why he has been singled out!

Littlest Hobo
27-12-2009, 04:55 PM
FFS ..i never said he had a good game ..i never said he had an average game ...the team as a whole bottled it ..BOTTLED it ..however that apart ..blame Maka ..thats my point ..the ****in blue rinse brigade on here are all too quick to apportion blame on an individual ...

It was a team effort today ..as a team we failed ..as a team we ****in BOTTLED it ...from 20 mins onwards we collapsed ..we had no midfield ..we had no defence & we had no forward line ...we lost all shape..

Ok, first of all you need to breath............ok now.....:wink::thumbsup:

I agree with what your saying about todays game. however you have to admit that by having such a poor goalie between the sticks doesn't exactly exude confidence in the rest of the players now does it? You are right though, some of our players did "bottle it"

greenlex
27-12-2009, 04:56 PM
I would say that out of the hibs team he played the biggest part in our defeat. OK, Miller had a slack pass for the first, however, how many passes did he get right and he was always looking to get the ball and try and make something happen. Others out there were not that great and Riordan was posted missing for much of the game, however, these other players have gained the respect of the fans for all the good things they have done. When you look at a player, you need to weight them up. look at the things they have done better than just ok against the things they have done wrong. Deeks is posted missing at times, but look how many times he has one us a match. Other like Mcbride and Stack dont do many stunning things but they dont do anything wrong. Maka, has made some stunning saves, but I think he has made more blunders and mistakes than he has made stunning ones, thats why he has to go, and thats why he has been singled out!
Possibly the biggest pile of pish on the matter yet. How can you say he played the biggest part in that defeat today? The whole team from the minute they scored were homking.

MSK
27-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Ok, first of all you need to breath............ok now.....:wink::thumbsup:

I agree with what your saying about todays game. however you have to admit that by having such a poor goalie between the sticks doesn't exactly exude confidence in the rest of the plaers now does it? You are right though, some of our players did "bottle it"The same goalie that has played this season & kept clean sheets ..?

Perhaps its just me ..i hate seeing hibs players slated on a messageboard ..unfortunately ..no matter what Maka does ..it wont win him praise ..

Bring along the next scapegoat ...

Then the next..

Then the next ...

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2009, 05:02 PM
The same goalie that has played this season & kept clean sheets ..?

Perhaps its just me ..i hate seeing hibs players slated on a messageboard ..unfortunately ..no matter what Maka does ..it wont win him praise ..

Then the next..

Then the next ...
Thats just not true, we dont have thread after thread about Stack each week.:confused:

Danderhall Hibs
27-12-2009, 05:03 PM
We were 2-1 down when he let Novo score and although we weren't playing well Stokes or Riordan seem to be able to pop one in at anytime, so who knows how it would've turned out? The 3rd gave them the game and as for the 4th he seemed to give Miller 3/4 of the goal to aim at then went down in stages.

I really can't believe that he's still being defended by some - although there defence is now only "he wasn't the only guy that had a bad game" so they might be catching on.

A lot of us know he's a liability but some just aren't able to admit they were wrong.

HFC 0-7
27-12-2009, 05:04 PM
FFS ..i never said he had a good game ..i never said he had an average game ...the team as a whole bottled it ..BOTTLED it ..however that apart ..blame Maka ..thats my point ..the ****in blue rinse brigade on here are all too quick to apportion blame on an individual ...

You say you have played football for years, OK, in all those years you will see that all the good teams have good goalies and these goalies will still do the easy things when the team plays badly.

The team played badly, however, Maka couldnt kick (May have been injury but who knows as the hammy always goes when the chips are down) he couldnt pass, he couldnt do one of the first things you get taught as a keeper, dont get beat at your near post, especially from as tight an angle as that! Of course the person that has been the least reliable and at fault for dropped points over the seasons is going to get it tight. Players need to earn the trust and respect of fans. maka has not.

If it werent for fans voicing their concerns I have no doubt that the club would not have changed things in the past. If it hadnt been for fans shouting about Mixu last season I am pretty sure we would still be with him.

A clubs expectations are set by their fans, and in this instance fans want a club like Hibs not to conceed stupid goals caused by a keeper. If fans carried on and just accepted Maka's mistakes, the club would happily go on and not shell out.

Danderhall Hibs
27-12-2009, 05:06 PM

Then the next..

Then the next ...

I'm not making him a scapegoat - but why shouldn't I be allowed to post on a messageboard saying I don't think he's good enough.

It's no good playing well for 3 or 4 weeks then having a game like today - he's consistently shown that's what you get from him. And I suppose that's why Yogi says he's looking to get 3 or 4 goalies in to the club.

HFC 0-7
27-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Possibly the biggest pile of pish on the matter yet. How can you say he played the biggest part in that defeat today? The whole team from the minute they scored were homking.

Because after the 3rd went in, which was Maka's fault, thats when the team crumpled. Yes the 'team' were rank after the 3rd, but because it was maka's fault then that had the biggest impact. At 1 -2 you always have a chance, but to be on the park and see such a cheap goal given away to go 1 - 3 down must have been soul destroying.

MSK
27-12-2009, 05:07 PM
You say you have played football for years, OK, in all those years you will see that all the good teams have good goalies and these goalies will still do the easy things when the team plays badly.

The team played badly, however, Maka couldnt kick (May have been injury but who knows as the hammy always goes when the chips are down) he couldnt pass, he couldnt do one of the first things you get taught as a keeper, dont get beat at your near post, especially from as tight an angle as that! Of course the person that has been the least reliable and at fault for dropped points over the seasons is going to get it tight. Players need to earn the trust and respect of fans. maka has not.

If it werent for fans voicing their concerns I have no doubt that the club would not have changed things in the past. If it hadnt been for fans shouting about Mixu last season I am pretty sure we would still be with him.

A clubs expectations are set by their fans, and in this instance fans want a club like Hibs not to conceed stupid goals caused by a keeper. If fans carried on and just accepted Maka's mistakes, the club would happily go on and not shell out.Aye ..ffs ..did i say i played for a good team !!!! ...:rolleyes:

cleanyman
27-12-2009, 05:07 PM
We cant just blame Makalamby for today. We could ALL see he was badly injured before halft time and he should have been subbed.
Yes, he was caught out at his front post, but where was the defence? Simply awful. I feel sorry for Maka, left badly exposed for all of the goals.

HFC 0-7
27-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Aye ..ffs ..did i say i played for a good team !!!! ...:rolleyes:

What I am saying is that if hibs want to be a good team they need a good goalie!

TornadoHibby
27-12-2009, 05:09 PM
What's this I've stumbled upon? Tornadohibby defending our "GOALIE":faf: on yet another Maka debate! How many times? How many times before you see what we all see?:rolleyes: Same time, same place next week? and the week after that.........and the week after that.........

Yet another almost incomprehensible post from the man from Skye who knows everything but only sings the same song each time he decides to use his admirable linguistic skills on his Highland keyboard! :cool2:

Read and understand my post mate! :cool2:

The team were awful for the last 70 minutes today and that was the reason we lost the match! :agree:

Trying to fit Maka up for the 4 goals is what I find laughable to the extreme but if you ain't got anything better to entertain yourself with then you go right on and entertain yourself! :wink:

He was culpable for the 3rd goal but I don't have enough physio experience to comment on whethere he was capable of getting to the 4th goal shot in better shape than he did due to his hamstring injury! :cool2:

However, there was no way he could have stopped the 1st or 2nd goals at all IMO! Defensive mistakes caused these and contributed to the other 2 also! :agree:

Don't believe me though - just watch the match over again as I did when I got back form ER! It's all there for you to see and you can even listen to Yogi giving his objective views on the match which aren't too different from mine although I suspect you will have some "off the wall" reason ready as to why that might be the case! :faf:

SO the message to you bud is simple! Before you spout pish make sure you have understood what it is that you have decided to spout pish about and then maybe you'll save all of our time by not doing it! Unless you haven't got anything else to do of course! :wink:

MSK
27-12-2009, 05:10 PM
What I am saying is that if hibs want to be a good team they need a good goalie!I like your thinking ma man ...have ye ever thought o passing on yer info to Yogi ..?

greenlex
Because after the 3rd went in, which was Maka's fault, thats when the team crumpled. Yes the 'team' were rank after the 3rd, but because it was maka's fault then that had the biggest impact. At 1 -2 you always have a chance, but to be on the park and see such a cheap goal given away to go 1 - 3 down must have been soul destroying.
Disagree we were poor from their first gift till the end of the game. Mcgregor didnt have a save to make. Our midfiled disappeared to a man. The defence was piss poor and Maka chucked in a goal. The defeat was no
t his fault.

Littlest Hobo

Then the next..

Then the next ...

Na mate, it's no aboot scapegoats. It's aboot contant errors. Yes there were more than a few others who really need to take a good long hard look at themselves and if you look at some of the other threads their getting it tight too.

Golden Bear
27-12-2009, 05:11 PM
The myth that Maka is, or ever will be a competent keeper has surely been exposed after his shambolic performance today.

Apart from all his other obvious weaknesses, he must have wrists & hands akin to cotton wool as I'm sure even I could have kept out the powder puff shot that resulted in the 4th goal.

For weeks on end, a select number of his dedicated followers have defended "maka" to the hilt on this messageboard and anyone who has dared to disagree with their opinions have been branded racist, ignorant, blind or even worse.

It seems as though radio pundits, journalists, opposition fans and a sizeable number of Hibs supporters themselves do not appreciate just how great a keeper maka really is!!!

If Stack is going to be out for much longer, then THE NUMBER ONE PRIORITY in the transfer window will be the signing of another keeper albeit on a short term loan until the end of the season.

And before anyone suggests that the great man was carrying an injury then I just don't buy it. His injuries always seem to appear when he is getting abuse from the opposition fans or after he has let in a soft goal. So apart from anything else the guy is a muckle wus and the quicker he packs his bags the better.

The manner of that defeat really hurt today and having said what I said, I acknowledge that the guy that masquarades as our keeper was not the only culprit but he sure doesn't help the confidence of his teammates.

Littlest Hobo
27-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Disagree we were poor from their first gift till the end of the game. Mcgregor didnt have a save to make. Our midfiled disappeared to a man. The defence was piss poor and Maka chucked in a goal. The defeat was no
t his fault.

I do remember having a "MAKA" moment with you not so long ago? When was it? Over a year ago now was it not? Are you still of the same opinion? Surely you must see that he's no good enough by now naw? :wink :devil:

Hibs Spain
27-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Well 3 out of the 4 goals were 1 on 1's so he wasn't that good today was he.

Why not just admit that he has not got the confidence or concentration to be our no1There was only one one on one and that was the fourth.This is incredible.No one but no one was screaming for his head at half time because he hadn't made a mistake although we were 1-2 down.In fact Maka is one of a few that you wouldn't have been surprised with if he HAD saved the first two AND the fourth.....A near post goal and ..Hey Presto! He's at fault for all four in peoples minds! This is the same guy that broke falkirk's hearts,had a perfect game against Motherwell,including a point blank save from a header that the cameras could barely pick up even on slow motion,was man of the match at Aberdeen, and had a clean sheet at Killie..All in the last four games....

Gatecrasher
27-12-2009, 05:14 PM
I just seen the goals on SSN

stokes is fastest in spl history :thumbsup:

maka could have done better for rangers 1st
stupid goal to lose for the second, riordan gave the ball away cheaply
maka very poor at 3rd
weak shot stop for the 4th

Simkin911
27-12-2009, 05:15 PM
I think it's pretty obvious Maka is mentally quite weak too. The mentality just isn't there and I doubt that's something he'll ever "grow out of" with advancing age.

H18sry
27-12-2009, 05:15 PM

Then the next..

Then the next ...

If thats the case I think you are administrating on the wrong types of message boards :duck:

greenlex
27-12-2009, 05:16 PM
I do remember having a "MAKA" moment with you not so long ago? When was it? Over a year ago now was it not? Are you still of the same opinion? Surely you must see that he's no good enough by now naw? :wink :devil:
FWIW I think he is not good enough. I do however think to single him out from that shambles today is rediculous. You seem to be reveling in this. Is there a reason for this ?

HibbyAndy
27-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Rangers 3rd goal was utterly cringeworthy to watch, Makalambay what where you doing?.

His distribution overall is simply not good enough, he takes far to long on the ball and looks a man whose confidence is shot to pieces.

IMO, simply not good enough for Hibs, let him learn his trade elsewhere because he will NEVER make it at ER, thats IMO.

Littlest Hobo
27-12-2009, 05:18 PM
There was only one one on one and that was the fourth.This is incredible.No one but no one was screaming for his head at half time because he hadn't made a mistake although we were 1-2 down.In fact Maka is one of a few that you wouldn't have been surprised with if he HAD saved the first two AND the fourth.....A near post goal and ..Hey Presto! He's at fault for all four in peoples minds! This is the same guy that broke falkirk's hearts,had a perfect game against Motherwell,including a point blank save from a header that the cameras could barely pick up even on slow motion,was man of the match at Aberdeen, and had a clean sheet at Killie..All in the last four games....

I think I might be walking into this but eh I'm sure he let a goal in at Killie. Oh and he dropped the ball another twice there, oh and he had two honking clearances by foot that almost cost us, oh and he had another honking clearance by foot at Aberdeen that almost cost a goal. :bye:

MUSSI LEE
27-12-2009, 05:19 PM
I don't particularly rate Maka, but he's done nothing wrong today.what game you watching m8 this guy is a joke at fault for 3 of the goals slow at getting down for 2 and the 3rd goal was a farce get him to **** :agree: he should never wear a hibs jersey again

H18sry
27-12-2009, 05:20 PM
There was only one one on one and that was the fourth.This is incredible.No one but no one was screaming for his head at half time because he hadn't made a mistake although we were 1-2 down.In fact Maka is one of a few that you wouldn't have been surprised with if he HAD saved the first two AND the fourth.....A near post goal and ..Hey Presto! He's at fault for all four in peoples minds! This is the same guy that broke falkirk's hearts,had a perfect game against Motherwell,including a point blank save from a header that the cameras could barely pick up even on slow motion,was man of the match at Aberdeen, and had a clean sheet at Killie..All in the last four games....

:rolleyes: so the 1st and 4th were not the same types of goals :confused: Miller running into the box and shooting 1 on 1 at the keeper, and the 3rd goal was Novo not running at Maka 1 on 1 one before Maka invited him in at the near post :dummytit:

MSK
27-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Na mate, it's no aboot scapegoats. It's aboot contant errors. Yes there were more than a few others who really need to take a good long hard look at themselves and if you look at some of the other threads their getting it tight too.Ok mate ..what about others though ..Riordan for example ...lazy **** ..brill when he does it but a lazy **** ..i cannae see folk calling for his head though ..why no ? ..perhaps because he is the darling of the hibs fans ...see thats the difference ..Maka erses up & he is slated ..deeks does
his usual vanishing act but not a jot said !! ..get him tae f tae then ..!! naw

I agree wi what ye say re constant errors but as i said ..its a team game ..surely others should be reprimanded ..

Davy Mac
27-12-2009, 05:26 PM
I'm told he was a defender up until he was 17 and for me it shows.

Seems a nice fella, but hey - it's a results business and he's not good enough. Unfortuntaely he seems to screw up more often than others hence he gets it tight more often.

Don't mean to offend anyone but he's been so inconsistent since we signed him IMO and now is the time to offload .

Tea's oot - it happens, he'll get over it so will we.

MSK
27-12-2009, 05:27 PM
If thats the case I think you are administrating on the wrong types of message boards :duck:Naw ..i just hate it when someone is slated on a hibs messageboard ..it aint too comfy ..

MUSSI LEE
27-12-2009, 05:28 PM
1st goal miller gave ball away maka imo was slow at getting down
2nd goal riordan who i would never have had on the pitch gave ball away maka no chance
3 goal hibs defence ie wotherspoon exposed that wee **** novo had a easy goal at near post NO GOALIE should be beaten near post
4 goal makas had not strong enough

all and all hibs contributed to there own downfall but the goalie should be booted ie his contract if up should not be renewed :agree:

Littlest Hobo
27-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Ok mate ..what about others though ..Riordan for example ...lazy **** ..brill when he does it but a lazy **** ..i cannae see folk calling for his head though ..why no ? ..perhaps because he is the darling of the hibs fans ...see thats the difference ..Maka erses up & he is slated ..deeks does
his usual vanishing act but not a jot said !! ..get him tae f tae then ..!! naw

Deeks was pash today, no argument there! As were a few others but he isn't feared by the other S.P.L fans for nout mate. Maka on the other hand........fans are delighted to hear he's playing for us. And if you want proof of that, have a wee read of the Aberdeen fans official forum. It tells it's own story mate. I just feel your loyalty is misplaced. It's the difference between being an average middle of the league side to being one who wants to go on and win something.

Hibs Spain
27-12-2009, 05:33 PM
I think I might be walking into this but eh I'm sure he let a goal in at Killie. Oh and he dropped the ball another twice there, oh and he had two honking clearances by foot that almost cost us, oh and he had another honking clearance by foot at Aberdeen that almost cost a goal. :bye:He had four games-No goals conceded...He slipped at a free kick(what a never seen before crime) And even that was after two saves from shots that would have embarrassed Static :agree:

KiddA
Deeks was pash today, no argument there! As were a few others but he isn't feared by the other S.P.L fans for nout mate. Maka on the other hand........fans are delighted to hear he's playing for us. And if you want proof of that, have a wee read of the Aberdeen fans official forum. It tells it's own story mate. I just feel your loyalty is misplaced. It's the difference between being an average middle of the league side to being one who wants to go on and win something.

Spot on :agree:

MSK
Deeks was pash today, no argument there! As were a few others but he isn't feared by the other S.P.L fans for nout mate. Maka on the other hand........fans are delighted to hear he's playing for us. And if you want proof of that, have a wee read of the Aberdeen fans official forum. It tells it's own story mate. I just feel your loyalty is misplaced. It's the difference between being an average middle of the league side to being one who wants to go on and win something.Aw do me a favour mate, question my desire to back up my players but please dont ever question my loyalty or my support of my club ...:wink:

Hibs Spain
27-12-2009, 05:41 PM
[QUOTE=H18sry;2287064]:rolleyes: so the 1st and 4th were not the same types of goals :confused: Miller running into the box and shooting 1 on 1 at the keeper, and the 3rd goal was Novo not running at Maka 1 on 1 one before Maka invited him in at the near post :dummytit:[/QUOYou could maybe argue the third was,the fourth was but I dunno what your thinking is about the first .Not seen any telly stuff yet but if Miller took a touch it must have been just that.

H18sry
27-12-2009, 05:43 PM
He had four games-No goals conceded...He slipped at a free kick(what a never seen before crime) And even that was after two saves from shots that would have embarrassed Static :agree:

How can you even believe what you are trying to say :confused: when your idol cocks up at least once every game :rolleyes: we will never know if Stack would have saved the chances you allude to as he was not playing, but what we do know is that in every game Maka has played this season there has been at least one jaw dropping moment, even if they have not always cost us goal. [More by luck than judgment IMO] .

As stated by the majority of Hibs supporters he is just not good enough, just accept that fact instead of digging a bigger hole for yourself.

Littlest Hobo
27-12-2009, 05:45 PM
How can you even believe what you are trying to say :confused: when your idol cocks up at least once every game :rolleyes: we will never know if Stack would have saved the chances you allude to as he was not playing, but what we do know is that in every game Maka has played this season there has been at least one jaw dropping moment, even if they have not always cost us goal. [More by luck than judgment IMO] .

As stated by the majority of Hibs supporters he is just not good enough, just accept that fact instead of digging a bigger hole for yourself.

:top marks:thumbsup:

GREEN WARLORD
27-12-2009, 05:47 PM

But he does know that it is every other week, we are talking about another howler from dropsy. No ?

maximushibee
27-12-2009, 05:50 PM
im sorry but maka wasnt the only one to blame today.. all those goals rangers scored could and probably should have been avoided.. for expample chris hogg irc passed straight to rangers player.. there was no reason to even pass the ball.. no pressure on him whatso ever.. so i do not believe maka was the only one to blame.. we only played for 20secs

Judas Iscariot
27-12-2009, 05:50 PM
But he does know that it is every other week, we are talking about another howler from dropsy. No ?

Exactly..

Lets just drop the clown and spend the rest of the season moaning about Stack not coming off his line, not dropping a clanger every game and just being a all round boring keeper :cool2:

Littlest Hobo
27-12-2009, 05:58 PM
FWIW I think he is not good enough. I do however think to single him out from that shambles today is rediculous. You seem to be reveling in this. Is there a reason for this ?

Na not at all mate, I'm just as fed up as the next supporter. I think we're all striving for the same thing but we all have our own opinions. life would be boring otherwise.
My opinion of Maka has been the same since he first came to the club, I've had to argue my case umpteen times as to why I don't think he's good enough, you being just one of many.
Being at the game today though, there is no satisfaction for me seeing Maka have yet another poor game. I agree with some that he wasn't the reason we lost the game today, he was only part of that reason.
And while he's still our number one I might add that he'll have my full vocal support when I'm in attendance.:thumbsup: mon the Hibs!

greenlex
27-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Na not at all mate, I'm just as fed up as the next supporter. I think we're all striving for the same thing but we all have our own opinions. life would be boring otherwise.
My opinion of Maka has been the same since he first came to the club, I've had to argue my case umteen times as to why I don't think he's good enough, you being just one of many.
Being at the game today though, there is no satisfaction for me seeing Maka have yet another poor game. I agree with some that he wasn't the reason we lost the game today, he was only part of that reason.
And while he's still our number one I might add that he'll have my full vocal support when I'm in attendance.:thumbsup: mon the Hibs!
Glad to hear it. Hopefully it wont be for much longer.

HFC 0-7
27-12-2009, 06:02 PM
I like your thinking ma man ...have ye ever thought o passing on yer info to Yogi ..?

Oh, believe me, judging by his reaction today at his kicking, then the goal, he knows! No young up and coming goalies please, an established solid one will do!

Littlest Hobo
27-12-2009, 06:03 PM

Bit of a cheap shot to say that I'm reveling in this. Could this be retaliation from a man who's been proved to be wrong were Maka is concerned and? Or would that just be me taking a cheap shot?:devil::wink:

HFC 0-7
27-12-2009, 06:10 PM
im sorry but maka wasnt the only one to blame today.. all those goals rangers scored could and probably should have been avoided.. for expample chris hogg irc passed straight to rangers player.. there was no reason to even pass the ball.. no pressure on him whatso ever.. so i do not believe maka was the only one to blame.. we only played for 20secs

From what you are saying it sounds like if you have a good defence you wouldnt even need to bother with a keeper as the defence will stop everything. Fact is, every team needs to call on its keeper, today hibs never asked much of makalambay, just do the simple stuff, kick the ball, pass it quick, dont let someone who is a metre off the by line score at the near post!

Yes the team played badly, but up until the 3rd we were still in the game because we have players like riordan who can score a goal after being posted AWOL for the game. If the team isnt playing great, then the keeper makes a howler (and it is a howler for a professional footballer) the heads go down and thats that.

Hibby 2005
27-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Bamba was the only decent player today in Hibs back 4. Don't blame Maka.

fife hfc
27-12-2009, 06:13 PM

Well I was sitting in the hospitality area in the west and i was blaming him for the two goals. i think the first one was a good early strike and I'll take that back but if he stood up strong and flop to the ground he would have saved the second.

The second half got worse for him as he should have done better with both goals. I am not blaming him alone as others players played their part but the GK positioning is an area where mistakes are punished more. I believe, like somebody said Yogi shouted, that he is a coward. Its his mentality that badly lets him down as I do believe he can be a decent keeper but is too weak mentally at the moment to be first choice GK. Remember when he came on against falkirk and looked focused and performed well. But today he looked like he fell to pieces and the huns could have got more but for deperate defending by Hogg and bamba.

greenlex
27-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Bit of a cheap shot to say that I'm reveling in this. Could this be retaliation from a man who's been proved to be wrong were Maka is concerned and? Or would that just be me taking a cheap shot?:devil::wink:
Would have thought a man of your undoubted spotting skills would know a cheap shot when he saw it naw? :confused: :wink:

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2009, 06:15 PM
From what you are saying it sounds like if you have a good defence you wouldnt even need to bother with a keeper as the defence will stop everything. Fact is, every team needs to call on its keeper, today hibs never asked much of makalambay, just do the simple stuff, kick the ball, pass it quick, dont let someone who is a metre off the by line score at the near post!

Yes the team played badly, but up until the 3rd we were still in the game because we have players like riordan who can score a goal after being posted AWOL for the game. If the team isnt playing great, then the keeper makes a howler (and it is a howler for a professional footballer) the heads go down and thats that.

:top marks

GlesgaeHibby
27-12-2009, 06:16 PM
The myth that Maka is, or ever will be a competent keeper has surely been exposed after his shambolic performance today.

Apart from all his other obvious weaknesses, he must have wrists & hands akin to cotton wool as I'm sure even I could have kept out the powder puff shot that resulted in the 4th goal.

For weeks on end, a select number of his dedicated followers have defended "maka" to the hilt on this messageboard and anyone who has dared to disagree with their opinions have been branded racist, ignorant, blind or even worse.

It seems as though radio pundits, journalists, opposition fans and a sizeable number of Hibs supporters themselves do not appreciate just how great a keeper maka really is!!!

If Stack is going to be out for much longer, then THE NUMBER ONE PRIORITY in the transfer window will be the signing of another keeper albeit on a short term loan until the end of the season.

And before anyone suggests that the great man was carrying an injury then I just don't buy it. His injuries always seem to appear when he is getting abuse from the opposition fans or after he has let in a soft goal. So apart from anything else the guy is a muckle wus and the quicker he packs his bags the better.

The manner of that defeat really hurt today and having said what I said, I acknowledge that the guy that masquarades as our keeper was not the only culprit but he sure doesn't help the confidence of his teammates.

Great post. At times Maka is a fantastic keeper, but overall he is absolutely mince and keeps on making basic errors. Yet at times some posters have been completely torn apart and ridiculed for pointing this out.

Yes he is a great character and great with the fans, but the most important part is how he is, as a goalie, and he just doesn't cut it.

Zibi and McNeil got pelters and it was ok, but because Maka is a great guy its not?

The simple fact of the matter is that if we want to challenge for 3rd, he is not good enough to be our goalie.

oldbiker
27-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Who the hell would want to be a keeper.

Just out o yer apprenticeship and last line o defence :grr:

Guys in front of you didnae do particularly well either but its the keepers fault.

We are inconsistent due to a short squad, still settling manager, 1st choice keeper out and one of the most experienced players out.

The keeper had a "mare" no doubt he will be feeling it as much as we are but we dinnae have to face the team talk next week when Yogi will no doubt discuss things an open and frank manner :boo hoo:

The difference is he will then pick them up and get them motivated.

Constant threads knocking the keeper don't help. He's had a knocking now we need to be thinking about next week.

If Stacks no back we can help by at least forgiving and doing what we do best

CAMON the HIBEEESSS:jamboak:

scoopyboy
27-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Have scanned through most of this thread and here is my take on Maka.

Today.
goal 1. Thought he should have saved it but on watching the replays at half time in the concourse changed my mind to should have got closer but would have struggled to save it.

goal 2. Blameless. Gambled on Boyd's shot and got it wrong.

goal 3. Had perfect view of it. Left a huge gap that a double decker bus would have got through. BTW Novo meant it allright make no mistake. He's all right foot and must have thought it was his birthday.

goal 4. got a hand to it but not a strong hand, which would have kept it out.

Here are my points why he should be away;

1. Defenders have no confidence in him and they make decisions accordingly. I would bet bundles if a poll was to be conducted amongst the players / management Stack would win it hands down.

2. He is half hearted, not just physically but mentally as well. Not a view from today, I've felt this for long enough. As in the Scottish Cup he makes a bad decision and basically wants to come off. Other games he bricks it to go in where it hurts.

3. Hughes only plays him because he doesn't really have any other option. I have seem Flynn play many times and if Yogi had confidence in him he would have been on at half time. He needs to sign a goalie in the January window but I'm positive he already knows this.

Maka may be a decent bloke but I reckon I am as well, and the vast majority of blokes who travel on the East Lothian bus, however that doesn't mean we should be in goals for Hibs.

Andy74
27-12-2009, 06:22 PM
He had four games-No goals conceded...He slipped at a free kick(what a never seen before crime) And even that was after two saves from shots that would have embarrassed Static :agree:

Give up. He was pathetic and will hopefully never play for hibs again.

greenlex
27-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Have scanned through most of this thread and here is my take on Maka.

Today.
goal 1. Thought he should have saved it but on watching the replays at half time in the concourse changed my mind to should have got closer but would have struggled to save it.

goal 2. Blameless. Gambled on Boyd's shot and got it wrong.

goal 3. Had perfect view of it. Left a huge gap that a double decker bus would have got through. BTW Novo meant it allright make no mistake. He's all right foot and must have thought it was his birthday.

goal 4. got a hand to it but not a strong hand, which would have kept it out.

Here are my points why he should be away;

1. Defenders have no confidence in him and they make decisions accordingly. I would bet bundles if a poll was to be conducted amongst the players / management Stack would win it hands down.

2. He is half hearted, not just physically but mentally as well. Not a view from today, I've felt this for long enough. As in the Scottish Cup he makes a bad decision and basically wants to come off. Other games he bricks it to go in where it hurts.

3. Hughes only plays him because he doesn't really have any other option. I have seem Flynn play many times and if Yogi had confidence in him he would have been on at half time. He needs to sign a goalie in the January window but I'm positive he already knows this.

Maka may be a decent bloke but I reckon I am as well, and the vast majority of blokes who travel on the East Lothian bus, however that doesn't mean we should be in goals for Hibs.

Name and shame the ones that aren't. :greengrin

half.time.draw.
27-12-2009, 06:25 PM

You my friend are on drugs:agree:

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Give up. He was pathetic and will hopefully never play for hibs again.

Come on Andy, all he needs is a run in the team, and the crosses and assists will come. Sorry wrong player.:wink:

GlesgaeHibby
27-12-2009, 06:27 PM
You my friend are on drugs:agree:

That quote was before the complete horror 3rd goal had went in, and we were still in with a shout of getting back into it.

Maka then gifts rangers a goal, game over.

Landells
27-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Do you think maka will play against hearts?

Danderhall Hibs
27-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Do you think maka will play against hearts?

Only if Stack's still injured.

half.time.draw.
27-12-2009, 06:30 PM
That quote was before the complete horror 3rd goal had went in, and we were still in with a shout of getting back into it.

Maka then gifts rangers a goal, game over.

Sorry i did not realise you had your laptop at the game.....

Hibby 2005
27-12-2009, 06:30 PM
We were 2-1 down due to mistakes by Hibs OUTFIELD players, nowt to do with Maka. From that point on the game was pretty much over.

Landells
27-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Only if Stack's still injured.

My instinct tells me stack will be back :wink:

scoopyboy
27-12-2009, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE=Hibby 2005;2287222]We were 2-1 down due to mistakes by Hibs OUTFIELD players, nowt to do with Maka.UOTE]
From that point on the game was pretty much over.[/Q

I don't disagree with your comment but does that mean it doesn't matter that Maka made a James Hunt of it for the third?

Hibby 2005
27-12-2009, 06:42 PM
We made a "James Hunt" of the first 2 so why did the 3rd matter?

HFC 0-7
27-12-2009, 06:46 PM

yeah your right, it doesnt matter! Yogi: - Right boys we have made a right hash of their goals, lets just let them in from now on!

It makes all the difference. We played badly for the first 2, but were very much still in it. The 3rd was a terrible mistake, it wasnt a mis placed pass, or poor clearance, it was getting beat at your near post from a very, very tight angle. Something keepers have drilled into them from the start not to do!

scoopyboy
27-12-2009, 06:48 PM

Rethink your post and then tell me you really meant it.

Broken Gnome
27-12-2009, 06:49 PM
People are really going to have to face the reality that mistakes from keepers are viewed entirely different from outfield players....

... that said, there's far more pressing evidence than any opinions towards Maka on here. Look at Sol Bamba after the third goal. Said it all. Looked utterly disgusted. Fair enough, Makalambay was far from alone in his culpability today, but Hibs had made a bright start to the second half and to lose such a horribly soft goal killed the game. Not just the goal, the manner of it.

Hibby 2005
27-12-2009, 06:51 PM
At 2-1 I was praying for a draw at best although I never thought we would achieve it. Yogi should have changed things at H-T but didn't, from that point on it was damage limitation.

Hibs Spain
27-12-2009, 06:51 PM
We were 2-1 down due to mistakes by Hibs OUTFIELD players, nowt to do with Maka. From that point on the game was pretty much over.I know...Someone on here was saying that if had stood still for the second he would have saved it :greengrin..Probably the only goal he had zero chance with! Maka takes a cross come shot really high in the first half..He caught it at full stretch.Didn't count cos offside was given.Guy right next to me who seems an intellgent enough individual says ...Maka again..Should have palmed it away...

GlesgaeHibby
27-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Sorry i did not realise you had your laptop at the game.....

Game was televised :dummytit:

Storar
27-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Never want to see Makalambay in a Hibs shirt again. He's taken over McNeil and Brown this season and is getting even closer to Zibby in becoming my most 'disliked' Hibs player.

One of Collins' best decisions was dropping Zibby after the Tynecastle derby for him to never be seen again. Just a shame his biggest mistake was signing this imposter.

matty_f
27-12-2009, 06:58 PM
I know...Someone on here was saying that if had stood still for the second he would have saved it :greengrin..Probably the only goal he had zero chance with! Maka takes a cross come shot really high in the first half..He caught it at full stretch.Didn't count cos offside was given.Guy right next to me who seems an intellgent enough individual says ...Maka again..Should have palmed it away...

Was that the one he caught, and then dropped? :greengrin The cross would probably have landed on the striker's head had Maka not intervened, though, to be fair.

HibbyAndy
27-12-2009, 06:58 PM
I know...Someone on here was saying that if had stood still for the second he would have saved it :greengrin..Probably the only goal he had zero chance with! Maka takes a cross come shot really high in the first half..He caught it at full stretch.Didn't count cos offside was given.Guy right next to me who seems an intellgent enough individual says ...Maka again..Should have palmed it away...

This is my last post on this thread Pancho, infact the last time ill even read this thread, your defending of Makalambay is truly truly pathetic, he is NOWHERE NEAR a decent goalkeeper.

He can learn his trade elsewhere cause he will never ever cut it at ER, he's not even a half decent goaly IMO.

Very very cumbersome and his distribution is WOEFUL, feel free to plead his case, but it makes you look very stupid in doing so.

JoeT
27-12-2009, 07:03 PM
Just read a few posts, have read them all before.

Why he was allowed out after half time I do not know? Manager had a decision to make and got it wrong.

Hibby 2005
27-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Yep, let's drop Maka and while we're at it Miller and Riordan for gifting the first 2 goals today and Hogg for not covering back and Zemmama for only turning up for the first 20 mins etc., etc. Oh and where was Nish, was he playing? Rankin? Full-backs?

Maka is an easy scapegoat as there has to be at least one, we can't possibly blame anyone else....can we?

SolentHibee
27-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Not going to slag Maka apart to say that I don't think he has the mental strength to be a top-class keeper.

When he came out in the second half I commented to my wife that he looked like he was about to burst into tears and that he looked like he wished he was anywhere but on the pitch.

He was not the only one at fault today but he just did not look as if he had any self-belief.

archiebald
27-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Is there a keeper we Could sign ? :confused:

HibbyAndy
27-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Yep, let's drop Maka and while we're at it Miller and Riordan for gifting the first 2 goals today and Hogg for not covering back and Zemmama for only turning up for the first 20 mins etc., etc. Oh and where was Nish, was he playing? Rankin? Full-backs?

Maka is an easy scapegoat as there has to be at least one, we can't possibly blame anyone else....can we?

Dont get me wrong here, Riordan , Miller etc..all had crap games, but Makalambay? when will the penny drop? how many threads have we had regarding his goalkeeping errors?.. how many mistakes does this guy make? Novo's 3rd goal FFS? how the hell can that be defendable?.

But im confident JH is aware we need a 'back up' goaly and Makalambay will be emptied sooner rather than later.

Andy74
Is there a keeper we Could sign ? :confused:

Why not? Stack has done little wrong and we got him easily enough.

steakbake
I feel sorry for the man. Here he is trying to ply his trade but he seems somehow jinxed. He's made some tremendous saves recently - the one against Motherwell sticks out, he had a couple of great saves against Aberdeen and one or two today.

But the fact of the matter is that while those occasions might have stopped goals against us, he's just as likely to do something totally daft and the opposition will score anyway.

I thought the 3rd or 4th (cannot remember which it was - but it was the one where he was beaten at his near stick) was pretty much unforgivable. I was also skeptical about his injury. Maybe that's unfair, but the same thing happened when his confidence went down in the derby v hearts - suddenly, he couldn't take goal kicks. There is nothing more pathetic looking than a keeper who can't even take his own goal kicks. It's one of the basics that a keeper has to do. IMHO, top priority in the January window is a keeper out (Maka) and new keeper or even two in.

At some level or another, Maka is probably a good keeper, but he's far from reliable enough for us and too much of a liability. He needs to rebuild his confidence. I hope he gets a chance to do that, but I'd feel cheated if he does so any longer at our club and at our expense.

HibbyAndy
27-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Why not? Stack has done little wrong and we got him easily enough.

The Hamilton goalkeeper im sure is a free agent in the summer, might be worth a cheeky wee bid in January.

MSK
27-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Is there a keeper we Could sign ? :confused:Aye Combe ...a few were getting their pants wet when he was available ...:confused:

fife hfc
27-12-2009, 07:16 PM
People are really going to have to face the reality that mistakes from keepers are viewed entirely different from outfield players....

... that said, there's far more pressing evidence than any opinions towards Maka on here. Look at Sol Bamba after the third goal. Said it all. Looked utterly disgusted. Fair enough, Makalambay was far from alone in his culpability today, but Hibs had made a bright start to the second half and to lose such a horribly soft goal killed the game. Not just the goal, the manner of it.

His look said it all and what he thinks of maka.

Hibs Spain
27-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Was that the one he caught, and then dropped? :greengrin The cross would probably have landed on the striker's head had Maka not intervened, though, to be fair.If you recover the ball in a micro-nano second does it still count as a drop?:greengrin

RickyS
27-12-2009, 07:18 PM

Kilie have 2 good keepers, we have 1 and he's injured too much :bitchy:

Huns have McGregor and Alexander
Tic have Boruc and Zaluska
Motherwell have Ruddy and Fraser
St Mirren have Gallagher and Smith
Hertz have Kello and Ballogh
D Utd have Weaver and Pernis
Aberdeen have Langfield and a young lad I cant remember
Killie have Combe and Brown
Hamilton have Cerny Sean Murdoch
St J have Main and Smith
Falkirk have Olejnic and another young lad

theres not many names on that list that Maka would replace

Hibs Spain
27-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Aye Combe ...a few were getting their pants wet when he was available ...:confused:Is throwing the ball off the back of your own player's head worse than kicking it off an opponent's erse for a goal?:cool2:

Littlest Hobo
27-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Would have thought a man of your undoubted spotting skills would know a cheap shot when he saw it naw? :confused: :wink:

:wink::greengrin

Littlest Hobo
27-12-2009, 07:43 PM
This is my last post on this thread Pancho, infact the last time ill even read this thread, your defending of Makalambay is truly truly pathetic, he is NOWHERE NEAR a decent goalkeeper.

He can learn his trade elsewhere cause he will never ever cut it at ER, he's not even a half decent goaly IMO.

Very very cumbersome and his distribution is WOEFUL, feel free to plead his case, but it makes you look very stupid in doing so.

:top marks :thumbsup:

Hibby 2005
27-12-2009, 07:54 PM

Very magmanimous of you HibbyAndy, I hope you're never judged in the same forgiving manner :greengrin

Hibs as a team today were poor, lots of culprits, but let's all do the Maka mugging as it's an easy, lazy thing to do.

Big Frank
27-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Very magmanimous of you HibbyAndy, I hope you're never judged in the same forgiving manner :greengrin

Hibs as a team today were poor, lots of culprits, but let's all do the Maka mugging as it's an easy, lazy thing to do.

No it not!! Its not the "easy, lazy thing to do". FFS he was clearly all over the place today. Yes there were plenty in the Hibs line up today who were rank.

But the maka defenders are making out that he's done nowt wrong and is getting picked on!!!!!

You's think it was the first time than he'd caused a multi page thread on the board, (or the first time he's got injured in a big game after making a **** up:wink:). (if you were up at Aberdeen last week you'd have seen some quite hairy antics:agree:)

Not a witch hunt as some are trying to make out, just not acceptable to the vast majority of Hibs fans. Thats all.

I'm_cabbaged
27-12-2009, 08:06 PM

The whole team were pish today, the difference is Maka ****s up every week, but sometimes gets away with it.

Greenblood70
27-12-2009, 08:14 PM
That's the point though, K. He does something to cause controversy most weeks.

Exactly, end of argument as far as I'm concerned.

Rarely do 3 games go by without him costing us an otherwise avoidable goal. Come back soon Stack!!

Littlest Hobo
27-12-2009, 08:25 PM

Och I've been doing it since he arrived at the club, he was pash then and he's still pash now. :grr: :wink::greengrin

Hibby 2005
27-12-2009, 08:25 PM
I'm no Maka fan, far from it, but he's played well recently and we were 2-1 down today through no fault of his own. Obviously, the 3rd was down to him but as I've stated already in previous threads, for me at least, the game was over after we gifted the first 2 goals courtesy of Miller and Riordan.

We might have sneaked a draw but I very much doubt it.

Jonnyboy
27-12-2009, 08:30 PM

I'd like to thank you for helping lift my depression - that's one of the funniest posts I've read all night :greengrin

GC
27-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Very poor today. I thought he feigned injury when things were going badly.

Looks like he has no confidence at the moment, I was a big fan of his but today made my mind up, the sooner Stack is back the better.

I have to eat humble pie on this one, I was totally wrong about him.

Cost us today and when the big games come I can't rely on him.

Very sad.

Jonnyboy
27-12-2009, 08:34 PM
GG

An oasis of common sense in a cess pit of blame and excuses :top marks

Greenblood70
27-12-2009, 08:44 PM
An oasis of common sense in a cess pit of blame and excuses :top marks

Agreed, I didn't see other players feign injury tho'. I say feign for a reason and don't use it lightly.

Hibs Spain
27-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Very poor today. I thought he feigned injury when things were going badly.

Looks like he has no confidence at the moment, I was a big fan of his but today made my mind up, the sooner Stack is back the better.

I have to eat humble pie on this one, I was totally wrong about him.

Cost us today and when the big games come I can't rely on him.

Very sad.Like the big games against Hearts and Rsngers at the end of last year?Which excelled in?The defence was chaotic..I've just seen the goals on Sky and apart from the third which he was at fault for (not forgoeing the fact that Nacho wandered his way to the edge of the six yard box)..I don't think you can blame Maka.The first was carbon copy in terms of the shot,positioning etc of Arsenal's third goal today.Haven't heard anyone slating Friedel!

Danderhall Hibs
27-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Like the big games against Hearts and Rsngers at the end of last year?Which excelled in?The defence was chaotic..I've just seen the goals on Sky and apart from the third which he was at fault for (not forgoeing the fact that Nacho wandered his way to the edge of the six yard box)..I don't think you can blame Maka.The first was carbon copy in terms of the shot,positioning etc of Arsenal's third goal today.Haven't heard anyone slating Friedel!

I've not been on the AV forums to check but if they're not complaining about it it's likely that it's being seen as a one-off, which isn't the case here - which I think we're now all agreed on.

GC
27-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Like the big games against Hearts and Rsngers at the end of last year?Which excelled in?The defence was chaotic..I've just seen the goals on Sky and apart from the third which he was at fault for (not forgoeing the fact that Nacho wandered his way to the edge of the six yard box)..I don't think you can blame Maka.The first was carbon copy in terms of the shot,positioning etc of Arsenal's third goal today.Haven't heard anyone slating Friedel!

The kicking was shocking today, rarely found a Hibs player.

Looked very nervous the whole game.

First time today that I actually realised that I would prefer Stack in goals as the confidence I had in his has gone.

The goal he conceded for the 3rd was terrible.