PDA

View Full Version : Drogba and Kalou

CallumLaidlaw
26-12-2009, 03:15 PM
are available to play for Chelsea on MONDAY!! :grr:

Hibs Spain
26-12-2009, 03:18 PM
are available to play for Chelsea on MONDAY!! :grr:Shocking if true!

matty_f
26-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Shocking if true!

:agree: Poor form from the Ivory Coast if that's the case.

offshorehibby
26-12-2009, 03:30 PM
Lets wait and see what tomorrows team selection will be before we start moaning.

.Sean.
26-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Perhaps with the Chelsea boys and the guy at West Brom 'allowed' to play, could it be that Bamba didn't want to stay :confused:

down-the-slope
26-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Don't think so...see bit of todays match report

'Chelsea manger Carlo Ancelotti has now seen his side win only once in their last seven games.
And with the likes of strikers Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou now heading to the Africa Cup of Nations, the Italian will be concerned that their poor run could continue for a while yet'.

blackhibee
26-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Seems like all the players from the Ivory Coast that play in the UK are being allowed to play for their clubs over the weekend. Apart from Bamba. Bit strange if you ask me.

Future17
26-12-2009, 04:05 PM
Perhaps with the Chelsea boys and the guy at West Brom 'allowed' to play, could it be that Bamba didn't want to stay :confused:

Hate to say it but this has been in my mind from the start of this "will he be available" chat. I've not heard anthing convinicng from Bamba saying he wants to stay and play this one and Hibs have said they have had difficulty contacting the Ivorian football association.

It's one thing for the EPL guys earning big bucks who are guaranteed a place in the team if fit, it's another thing for Bamba who is prob counting on this and the World Cup to put himself in the shop window.

Jim44
26-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Hate to say it but this has been in my mind from the start of this "will he be available" chat. I've not heard anthing convinicng from Bamba saying he wants to stay and play this one and Hibs have said they have had difficulty contacting the Ivorian football association.

It's one thing for the EPL guys earning big bucks who are guaranteed a place in the team if fit, it's another thing for Bamba who is prob counting on this and the World Cup to put himself in the shop window.

Stop making excuses fior Bamba, If it's true that he has chosen the IC before Hibs, he has plummeted in my estimation. I hope somebody comes in and takes his place permanently.

MoantheCabbage
26-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Don't think so...see bit of todays match report

'Chelsea manger Carlo Ancelotti has now seen his side win only once in their last seven games.
And with the likes of strikers Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou now heading to the Africa Cup of Nations, the Italian will be concerned that their poor run could continue for a while yet'.

They arent heading for he African nations cup this is just a get together before the then.

Its an absolute nonsense Bamba hasnt been allowed to play tommorow especially as he would only he been a few hours late rather than days

down-the-slope
26-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Calm down everyone--Yogi stated that Sol made a personal plea to IC boss to stay for Gers game and was turned down.

No IC 1rst team players have been said to be still here after Sunday

CropleyWasGod
26-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Stop making excuses fior Bamba, If it's true that he has chosen the IC before Hibs, he has plummeted in my estimation. I hope somebody comes in and takes his place permanently.

Don't think the poster's making excuses. Bamba has simply acceded to his coach's requirement to meet up on the 27th. That's not putting anybody before anybody; he's just fulfilling his commitment.

down-the-slope
26-12-2009, 04:15 PM
They arent heading for he African nations cup this is just a get together before the then.

Its an absolute nonsense Bamba hasnt been allowed to play tommorow especially as he would only he been a few hours late rather than days

Thay are all required to report by Monday as per FIFA rules of release...its those rules that need changed..IC are only using those rules that FIFA have created

CallumLaidlaw
26-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Thay are all required to report by Monday as per FIFA rules of release...its those rules that need changed..IC are only using those rules that FIFA have created

From the bottom of this - http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5801604,00.html

Ancelotti did confirm that Chelsea have received a boost from Ivory Coast, who have agreed to allow Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou to remain with them until after their match with Fulham on Monday.

Drogba and Kalou were both set to miss the King's Road derby clash next week as they were due to link up with their country ahead of next month's African Cup of Nations - but Ivory Coast have now agreed to Chelsea's request for the pair to play on Monday.

"We asked the national team and the coach agreed with us," confirmed Ancelotti.

"Nicolas Anelka cannot play against Fulham; he will play the first game in the New Year."

spudhib
26-12-2009, 04:25 PM
According to commentator at todays Chelsea game on ESPN,Drogba and Kalou will be on a plane tonight heading for ANC,presumably Sol will be with them to get there for the meeting date of 27th.

PISTOL1875
26-12-2009, 04:29 PM
According to commentator at todays Chelsea game on ESPN,Drogba and Kalou will be on a plane tonight heading for ANC,presumably Sol will be with them to get there for the meeting date of 27th.

He said that about John Obi Mikel when he got subbed as well...

Tonez
26-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Is there any chance Yogi has pulled a fast one and we might see Bamba tomorrow?

Nah my granny seen him on the number 29 bus on Easter Road with a suitcase the other day:bye::greengrin

frazeHFC
26-12-2009, 06:58 PM
So Bamba can't play on Sunday at 12:00 yet they can play on Monday at 7:45 - wtf!!!

scoopyboy
26-12-2009, 07:05 PM
So Bamba can't play on Sunday at 12:00 yet they can play on Monday at 7:45 - wtf!!!

Going by #15 they will be in Africa, not London at 7.45 on Monday.

HibbyAndy
26-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Is there any chance Yogi has pulled a fast one and we might see Bamba tomorrow?

Something hasn't sat right with me from the start of this saga from reading that Drogba is a cult hero and can decide when he'll be turning up, to hearing Hughes state that he will play by Ivory Coast's rules but he will be interested to see which IC players will be playing in England over the weekend. Kinda got the impression that he knew there would be some guys staying back in the UK.

That notion did cross my mind:agree:

CallumLaidlaw
26-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Going by #15 they will be in Africa, not London at 7.45 on Monday.

but Ancelottis comments in my post (14) would suggest otherwise

hibs is life
26-12-2009, 07:27 PM
a think we ma have seen the last of bamba as he give his top away in the last game he played and he has never done that be 4

mim
26-12-2009, 07:38 PM
A lot of people don't seem to understand how this International Call Up process works.

Phone call from Ivory Coast to Chelsea:

IC: "Drogba and Kalou will have to join up with us on the 27th"
Chelsea: "We'll send you 50 grand and keep them until Monday"
IC: "That'll be fine"

Phone call from Ivory Coast to Hibs:

IC: "Big Sol will have to join up with us on the 27th"
Hibs: "Can we keep him back a day until after the Rangers game?"
IC: " How much is it worth?"
Hibs "He'll be there on the 27th"

......and nobody should think for a second that I'm joking.

Brooster
26-12-2009, 08:37 PM
a think we ma have seen the last of bamba as he give his top away in the last game he played and he has never done that be 4

I bet you £100 we see him again before the end of 2009?

murray26
26-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Surely Hibs should take this all the way if true, its blatant discrimination against us, we should demand answers and make a big fuss about this so it never happens again.

rainman
26-12-2009, 08:48 PM
I bet you £100 we see him again before the end of 2009?

Wearing an Ivory Coast strip doesn't count! :wink:

Ozyhibby
26-12-2009, 08:52 PM
A lot of people don't seem to understand how this International Call Up process works.

Phone call from Ivory Coast to Chelsea:

IC: "Drogba and Kalou will have to join up with us on the 27th"
Chelsea: "We'll send you 50 grand and keep them until Monday"
IC: "That'll be fine"

Phone call from Ivory Coast to Hibs:

IC: "Big Sol will have to join up with us on the 27th"
Hibs: "Can we keep him back a day until after the Rangers game?"
IC: " How much is it worth?"
Hibs "He'll be there on the 27th"

......and nobody should think for a second that I'm joking.

That hits the nail on the head nicely accept for the £50k. Drogba and Kalou can afford to show up 20 min before kick off, Sol can't.
Simples.

Brooster
26-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Wearing an Ivory Coast strip doesn't count! :wink:

Nope - I bet you £100 we see him in a Hibs strip before 2009 is out.

Speedy
26-12-2009, 10:47 PM
but Ancelottis comments in my post (14) would suggest otherwise

Aye, but the ESPN commentators know more than the Chelsea manager :agree:

SMAXXA
27-12-2009, 07:24 AM
Its true jus been on SSN that chelsea have struck a deal with the Ivory Cost to have both players availible for the Fulham game, pretty bad if the same rules couldnt be applied for Bamba, lets just hope Yogi has managed to agree the same deal at the last minute or hes been pulling a fast one and already agreed for Sol to stay :wink:

hibiedude
27-12-2009, 07:35 AM

He said after the game that both would be available for the game on Monday Meaning since Chelsea didn't win the game as expected that they now want a full strength side for Monday

steviemanly
27-12-2009, 07:42 AM
Lets get big Hanlon involved great reviews as a centre back,either hibs or bamba didn't do enough or not big enough, for bamba to play today,bambas antics at aberdeen with shirt throwing into the crowd could mean bye bye bamba.Total disrespect for hibs by IC,kick on Hanlon one mistake and bottom of the pecking order,guy's usually solid.Come on the hibs.:grr::notworthy:

EasterRoad4Ever
27-12-2009, 07:43 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2009/12/27/hibs-boost-as-ivory-coast-allow-sol-bamba-to-play-against-rangers-86908-21925258/?

Could go either way. Just hope the snow holds off.

steviemanly
27-12-2009, 07:59 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2009/12/27/hibs-boost-as-ivory-coast-allow-sol-bamba-to-play-against-rangers-86908-21925258/?

Could go either way. Just hope the snow holds off.

Bang on EasterRoad4Ever big Sol avaliable:thumbsup: