PDA

View Full Version : Are Ukios Bankas on the verge of collapsing?

whiskyhibby
26-12-2009, 01:40 PM
With the news of the Cash Injection from Romanov rather than from the Commercial Money Markets, is that great financial institution Ukios Bankas likely to fail?

noseyhibby
26-12-2009, 01:46 PM
I really hope they continue to bankroll Hearts in their inimitable fashion and continue to bring the success they have these past 4 seasons!!! So, no, I hope they don't dissapear.

whiskyhibby
26-12-2009, 11:59 PM
I really hope they continue to bankroll Hearts in their inimitable fashion and continue to bring the success they have these past 4 seasons!!! So, no, I hope they don't dissapear.

:top marks

ScottB
27-12-2009, 12:26 AM
Not convinced really, Vlad wouldn't be pumping cash in without reason, most likely the same reason Hearts are still staggering on, administration et all will see lots of people poking around his 'empire' unravelling the whole thing.

It's most likely in Vlad's interest to avoid that situation...

whiskyhibby
27-12-2009, 04:05 PM
80% say YES !!!

:bye::bye:

:jamboak::jamboak::jamboak::jamboak:

Green_one
27-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Seem to recall several banks in this country who borrowed money from you and I. Speaking for myself, I have a lot less cash than Vlad.

Would RBS have got the market to support them? NO

Another all too early 'demise of Hearts' story. Its going to spoil the real one. Maybe.:greengrin

whiskyhibby
27-12-2009, 05:41 PM
Seem to recall several banks in this country who borrowed money from you and I. Speaking for myself, I have a lot less cash than Vlad.

Would RBS have got the market to support them? NO

Another all too early 'demise of Hearts' story. Its going to spoil the real one. Maybe.:greengrin

You could be right :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

greenginger
27-12-2009, 06:26 PM
With the news of the Cash Injection from Romanov rather than from the Commercial Money Markets, is that great financial institution Ukios Bankas likely to fail?

I think it will depend on the scale of bad loans Ukio has made. I don't think Vlad has a stash of cash under the mattress to shore up the bank with, or assets which could be easily sold.

The news that it was Vlad making the loan and the Central Bank statement about the Ukio needing to be re-financed came out after the Lith stock market closed on the 23rd.

Things might get interesting tomorrow morning, or maybe it's not unexpected in Lith-Land and the 20 pence share price is what a bust bank is worth.

CropleyWasGod
27-12-2009, 08:00 PM
80% say YES !!!

:bye::bye:

:jamboak::jamboak::jamboak::jamboak:

The SE will be quaking in their boots that 17 Hobonomists have come to such a conclusion based on doodley-squat evidence. :wink:

Houchy
27-12-2009, 11:12 PM
I would love it if they did crash and burn and I would be at the front of the conga line along Gorgie if they did but i've heard it sooooo many times now, just to have my hopes dashed, that I just can't get excited by any news of a demise these days.

Heraghty's
30-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Seems Vlad forgot to tell investors that his bank wasn't going to make a profit in 2009 after all.
And he waited until after the market had shut for the year to put the record straight.
:wink:

UKB: Correction of AB Ukio bankas activity results of 2009 forecast

Ukio Bankas AB Notification on material event 30.12.2009Correction of AB Ukio bankas activity results of 2009 forecastAB Ukio bankas expects to incur losses in 2009. Main reason behind notachieving the planned profitable activities of the bank is that worse thanprojected economic state of the country led to higher than projected impairmentlosses of loans and receivables. Arnas Zalys,Head of Finance Division:bye:

Woody1985
30-12-2009, 06:09 PM
Seems Vlad forgot to tell investors that his bank wasn't going to make a profit in 2009 after all.
And he waited until after the market had shut for the year to put the record straight.
:wink:

UKB: Correction of AB Ukio bankas activity results of 2009 forecast

Ukio Bankas AB Notification on material event 30.12.2009Correction of AB Ukio bankas activity results of 2009 forecastAB Ukio bankas expects to incur losses in 2009. Main reason behind notachieving the planned profitable activities of the bank is that worse thanprojected economic state of the country led to higher than projected impairmentlosses of loans and receivables. Arnas Zalys,Head of Finance Division:bye:

Will the price not crash for tomorrow?

Then on the first trading day/start of the year they can say they expect a strong year given new projections and the SP should rise.

I think that's illegal though....

judas
30-12-2009, 08:02 PM

I have seen a lot of stupid polls, but this one takes the biscuit.

A revealing response will no doubt present itself before us and enable a detailed evaluation to commence.

I abstain.

Jack
05-02-2010, 02:54 PM
A small apology for dragging up an oldish thread but ….

I was talking last night with a friend who is a member of one of these snobby club type places and taking in the facilities of a similar club abroad by reciprocal agreement.

He got talking to a Russian banker of all people and the chat was where are you from and all that.

When my friend said Edinburgh the Russian banker guffawed :faf: and :faf: laughed :faf: “Ah yes.” :faf: he said in a thick Russian accent (because that’s how Russian bankers laugh and talk). “That’s where Vladimir Romanov has his football club is it not?” still chuckling :greengrin away. “Yes.” replies my friend. “Well I hope you're not involved his bank …” he then went into some Russian technical banking terms which roughly translated meant their coat was on a shoogly peg!

Jack
Overseas correspondent :cool2:

Sunny1875
05-02-2010, 06:02 PM
how much would it cost to buy a enough shares on UKIO to then force them to take action over unpaid loans, etc ???

The_Todd
05-02-2010, 06:19 PM
No. Next.

greenlex
05-02-2010, 10:37 PM
A small apology for dragging up an oldish thread but ….

I was talking last night with a friend who is a member of one of these snobby club type places and taking in the facilities of a similar club abroad by reciprocal agreement.

He got talking to a Russian banker of all people and the chat was where are you from and all that.

When my friend said Edinburgh the Russian banker guffawed :faf: and :faf: laughed :faf: “Ah yes.” :faf: he said in a thick Russian accent (because that’s how Russian bankers laugh and talk). “That’s where Vladimir Romanov has his football club is it not?” still chuckling :greengrin away. “Yes.” replies my friend. “Well I hope you're not involved his bank …” he then went into some Russian technical banking terms which roughly translated meant their coat was on a shoogly peg!

Jack
Overseas correspondent :cool2:
Ah but was he stroking a white pussy?

Lucius Apuleius
06-02-2010, 05:25 AM
Ah but was he stroking a white pussy?

Rascist post IMO:greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
06-02-2010, 08:58 AM
The SE will be quaking in their boots that 17 Hobonomists have come to such a conclusion based on doodley-squat evidence. :wink:

Standard and Poors were left reeling today with the arrival of a new force in the financial stability market.

"I thought Mooneys were tough competitors, but these guys on Hibs.net are giving us a real run for our money", said a source for the firm.

"Who are Ukio Bankas anyway", he went on to ask.

:agree:

Bostonhibby
06-02-2010, 09:02 AM
Not as long as they are able to charge the Yams "fees" and interest at wahtever level they like for as long as the Yamish have any income........