PDA

View Full Version : The Scotland Job

blackhibee
24-12-2009, 05:36 PM
I just wondered if the Scotland job really is a full-time one. I mean, most of the time you just seem to have, maybe, 6 or 7 games a year, with 1 or 2 of these training camps. Levein seems quite an ambitious guy, but is this really a move up the way? I mean when you think about it, that old fuddy duddy Craig Broon was able to do it for years, so...anyway, what do they do for the 40 odd weeks that there is nothing happening on the Scotland front?

bobbyhibs1983
24-12-2009, 05:51 PM
its an intresting thought my freind.I think most of the 40odd weeks you speak of is watching scottish players play for there clubs, getting feedback/information on them(im sure he cant watch all the scottish players in all the games at the same time)

im sure i read/heard somewhere that levein is very intrested in what happens in like the grassroots level, e,g from younger players through to the under 21's so i guess alot of work needs to be worked on there, what levein does there/can do there im sure will take up some time

Hibercelona
24-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Its easy money eh. :wink:

I better get my CV handed in.... you never know. :greengrin

bobbyhibs1983
24-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Its easy money eh. :wink:

I better get my CV handed in.... you never know. :greengrin

On that note, i ve been playing football manager 2008 for a few years now, on and off really, i ve won the league with hibs, the scottish cup x2 the league cup x2 i ve played in the champions league x2 the uefa(europa cup thing now)x2.

Now do you think i should hand my cv in?:devil:

ScottB
25-12-2009, 12:21 AM
I don't see why the manager couldn't do club and country and have a full time assistant doing the leg work, if it meant a higher quality manager could be got.

Hibbyradge
25-12-2009, 01:09 AM
The National side needs a full time manager.

heretoday
25-12-2009, 09:01 AM
I just wondered if the Scotland job really is a full-time one. I mean, most of the time you just seem to have, maybe, 6 or 7 games a year, with 1 or 2 of these training camps. Levein seems quite an ambitious guy, but is this really a move up the way? I mean when you think about it, that old fuddy duddy Craig Broon was able to do it for years, so...anyway, what do they do for the 40 odd weeks that there is nothing happening on the Scotland front?

My thoughts entirely. What exactly does he do when he comes in to the SFA offices at 9.00 or thereabouts? He checks the mail. He gets a cup of coffee made for him. He has a meeting with Gordon Smith to see if there are any juicy publicity shoots to go to. Then what? Check the fixture list for any games that evening. Nope, nothing much on.

Don't forget, Sven found time as England manager wore so heavy on his hands that he ended up........well, I'm sure I don't need to elaborate!

jdships
25-12-2009, 10:19 AM
The National side needs a full time manager.

Agree totally !
If we are going to aspire to "playing against the big boys " we have to be 100% professional management wise.
Finding the players to help attain that is another matter - OF "bit players" , i.e. Broadfoot , Fox etc , are not the answer.