PDA

View Full Version : NHC Should Levein bring back the Huns?

Jim44
23-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Apparently the vermin are now to be allowed back into the Scottish squad. 'The door is open to everybody.' Ferguson's and McGregor's drinking may just conceivably have been forgivable but their 'fingers' up to everbody was surely an absolutely final act of betrayal of their country. If either ever pulls on a Scottish jersey again I realy would find it impossible to support that team.

bighairyfaeleith
24-12-2009, 06:00 AM
he's a;ready pandering to ferguson and mcgregor which to me sends out a terrible message to young players. If you don't like the manager then disrupt things and get him the sack, don't worry though because the next manager that comes along will wipe the slate clean and you can get back in.:grr:

hibbie02
24-12-2009, 07:05 AM
Or follow Pa Broon's footsteps into the plumb post at Preston where he set the heather on fire.

Talking of that prime plum Broon...... He is saying that Boyd shouldn'd get allowed back but McGregor and the Baz the Ned should. How typical of him. Now I am no fan of Boyd, but he took a stance against Burley and stuck to it. His issue was Burley, not Scotland. The other 2 couldn't take their punishment and showed contempt to Scotland and their fans. I hope Boyd plays again, but the other 2 can GTF.

It fits in with the Broon philosophy. Increase the goalkeeping and square pass potential, but whatever you do, try not to score goals whatever you do!!! :grr:

bighairyfaeleith
24-12-2009, 07:13 AM
Talking of that prime plum Broon...... He is saying that Boyd shouldn'd get allowed back but McGregor and the Baz the Ned should. How typical of him. Now I am no fan of Boyd, but he took a stance against Burley and stuck to it. His issue was Burley, not Scotland. The other 2 couldn't take their punishment and showed contempt to Scotland and their fans. I hope Boyd plays again, but the other 2 can GTF.

It fits in with the Broon philosophy. Increase the goalkeeping and square pass potential, but whatever you do, try not to score goals whatever you do!!! :grr:

sorry but in my opinion boyd can GTF as well, no player gets to decide when they play. if you get picked you turn up end of. IMHO of course.

PeeJay
24-12-2009, 08:02 AM
Astonished to read that CL will consider all players for Scotland duty including the disgraced Ferguson & McGregor. What message is that sending out then? Scotland's problems as a footballing nation have little to do with poor managers, they lie squarely at the foot of players with poor ability and a generally miserable attitude to being professioanls. So no change then as far as I can see: no Scotland then at any of the next few competitions - again!

blackpoolhibs
24-12-2009, 08:17 AM
sorry but in my opinion boyd can GTF as well, no player gets to decide when they play. if you get picked you turn up end of. IMHO of course.

:top marks Potter has only been in the job 5 minutes, and already he's pandering to those ********s who dont give a toss about the country. :grr:

Leithenhibby
24-12-2009, 08:42 AM
I know this has been talked about to death, but I see Craig Brown is getting his boot into nancy boy boyd.

I'm not asking everyones opinion, as it's getting to the stage of boring. But
I do enjoy it when someone sticks the boot in to those Hun Bassas :cool2:

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Craig-Brown-believes-there-should.5936820.jp

Part/Time Supporter
24-12-2009, 08:48 AM

It may be a point of pedantry, but Burley never tested that hypothesis as he just accepted Boyd's declaration that he wouldn't play for him. What would Boyd have done if Burley had went ahead and announced his selection for the next squad regardless? At the very least it would have caused embarrassment to Boyd.

France did a similar thing a few years back with Makelele, who announced that he was "retiring" from international football. They picked him anyway, and he was pretty much forced to turn up because the French would have been able to prevent him from playing for Real Madrid the following weekend.

:top marks Potter has only been in the job 5 minutes, and already he's pandering to those ********s who dont give a toss about the country. :grr:

Why should he go into the job with preconceptions about Boyd, Ferguson and McGregor? He's never worked with any of them before.

Jim44
24-12-2009, 08:54 AM
Levein has no principles. He says "Why shouldn't I have them in my squad?" Well, Harry, if you don't know why, God help us. I've already said in this thread that their 'fingers' carry on was the most blatant, pre-meditated act of defiance you could think of. (well maybe 'mooning' to the nation might have been worse.) and as far as I recall, they were given 'life sentences'. If you're in prison, do you get set free if a new governor takes over? Let's blame Burley for everything so that we can carry on as if nothing happened seems to be the modus operandi. Even Pe Broon supports their return. Our national football situation is a joke and, frankly, I couldn't care less if we slip further into obscurity.

Spike Mandela
24-12-2009, 08:55 AM
Why should he go into the job with preconceptions about Boyd, Ferguson and McGregor? He's never worked with any of them before.

I've never worked with Micheal Barrymore before but I wouldn't invite him to a Pool party:confused::wink:

Part/Time Supporter
24-12-2009, 08:57 AM
I've never worked with Micheal Barrymore before but I wouldn't invite him to a Pool party:confused::wink:

:greengrin

Not quite the same thing though, is it? We've all seen players who have been poor suddenly improving under a new manager.

Exhibit A: O'Connor, Garry

Jim44
24-12-2009, 08:58 AM

Surely, everyone who witnessed their defiance has preconceptions about them. They weren't putting fingers up to Burley, they were saying it to everyone.

Spike Mandela
24-12-2009, 09:01 AM
:greengrin

Not quite the same thing though, is it? We've all seen players who have been poor suddenly improving under a new manager.

Exhibit A: O'Connor, Garry

This isn't about performance though is it PTS? It's about their behaviour and a matter of principle.

Hibs7
24-12-2009, 09:10 AM
It might carry more weight if it came from someone who knew a bit about football, Craig Brown is a waste of space and should shut his mouth.

Part/Time Supporter
24-12-2009, 09:16 AM
This isn't about performance though is it PTS? It's about their behaviour and a matter of principle.

I think there is a correlation between the two, as players generally don't take the piss out of the manager if they respect him and his achievements. There is an obvious parallel between their behaviour under Le Guen and then under Walter no-surname. That doesn't mean their behaviour was right, and they had to be put in stock and chains for a little while, but sine die seems a bit harsh to me.

I also think that the behaviour of Burley, Butcher and Pressley through their whole tenure was also curious to say the least. Who in their right mind says to a group of lads that it's okay to have a bevvy in the middle of the night?

Jim44
I know this has been talked about to death, but I see Craig Brown is getting his boot into nancy boy boyd.

I'm not asking everyones opinion, as it's getting to the stage of boring. But
I do enjoy it when someone sticks the boot in to those Hun Bassas :cool2:

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Craig-Brown-believes-there-should.5936820.jp

In the same breath he says that Ferguson and McGregor should be allowed back in to the squad.:confused:

Hibs On Tour
Surely, everyone who witnessed their defiance has preconceptions about them. They weren't putting fingers up to Burley, they were saying it to everyone.

For all that they were/are a couple of puddings no doubt, I doubt that they viewed it as saying it to everyone. They most likely viewed it as being aimed at the media for sticking them in it [as they saw it]. I don't think they would have had the savvy to realise that it could be taken as being aimed at anyone on top of that. As per other posters, I think Boyd has less to apologise for than that pair also.

Look at our team - we don't have enough masses of talent kicking around not to look at them for possible conclusion. Soon as we get better players then you can bin people, not just because some got offended...

Hibbyradge
24-12-2009, 09:19 AM
Craig Brown was the last Scotland manager to take us to the World Cup Finals.

hibsbollah
24-12-2009, 09:20 AM
The decline of the Scotsman never ceases to amaze me:bitchy: Who cares what Craig Brown's opinions are about anything? couldnt they get a more respected opinion? and what sort of sentence is this; "Brown does not expect Levein's history of conflict with the SFA to cause problems between himself and chief executive Gordon Smith in his new role":confused:

It used to be a such a good paper when I were a lad.

Jim44
24-12-2009, 09:27 AM
There seems to be a wide range of opinion as to whether Ferguson and McGregor should now be available for selection for the Scottish Squad. No ifs, buts or qualifications...............should they be picked?

Sudds_1
24-12-2009, 09:30 AM
They can be as available as they like..............

..they're not good enough, so the question is kinda irrelevant. :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
24-12-2009, 09:38 AM
In the same breath he says that Ferguson and McGregor should be allowed back in to the squad.:confused:

Ferguson and McGregor were banned form the squad, Boyd walked out in a huff. That's the difference. Ferguson and McGregor never said they weren't committed to Scotland.

iwasthere1972
24-12-2009, 09:46 AM
If they are top of their game then I would pick them.

The important thing here is that Scotland qualify for the big tournaments and I couldn't care less who played for them so long as it brought us qualification.

down-the-slope
24-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Voted NO...as I don't think they would grovel and apoligise in any genuine way.....NOT the example we want for young players / kids etc.

What message would it sent...you can act in an arrogant and offensive way...and if you have talent / skill it can be ignored....not from me it can't

Get the young players involved..in fact Levein should be able to hold regular gatherings of U19 / U21 players who are not making first team squads and start to mould them towards the internation scene

Spike Mandela
24-12-2009, 09:47 AM
Look at our team - we don't have enough masses of talent kicking around not to look at them for possible conclusion. Soon as we get better players then you can bin people, not just because some got offended...

Get your point but can't say we are that bad that we cant't live without Ferguson and McGregor:confused:

Ideal oppurtunity to blood some fresh committed talent.

allyhibee
24-12-2009, 09:52 AM
If they are top of their game then I would pick them.

The important thing here is that Scotland qualify for the big tournaments and I couldn't care less who played for them so long as it brought us qualification.

Thats exactly how I feel, its been far too long since we have been in a major tournament and any player that can help rectify this should be considered even if they are selfish, arrogant littles scrotes.

hibiedude
24-12-2009, 09:52 AM
he's a;ready pandering to ferguson and mcgregor which to me sends out a terrible message to young players. If you don't like the manager then disrupt things and get him the sack, don't worry though because the next manager that comes along will wipe the slate clean and you can get back in.:grr:

Levein should send out a clear message that these two idiots won't be involved with Scotland as long as he's in charge.

Any other message sends out the wrong signal because it says you can do what ever you want and your place is safe in the team

Danderhall Hibs
24-12-2009, 09:53 AM
I've not voted because it's a straight yes or no - I'd allow Ferguson and McGregor but not Boyd.

Not sure if Ferguson's good enough anymore but McGregor definitely is - number 2 behind Gordon but much better than Marshall, Langfield etc.

Part/Time Supporter
24-12-2009, 09:59 AM
I've not voted because it's a straight yes or no - I'd allow Ferguson and McGregor but not Boyd.

Not sure if Ferguson's good enough anymore but McGregor definitely is - number 2 behind Gordon but much better than Marshall, Langfield etc.

Edited and I agree with your assessment of the players. Ferguson is having a better time of it at Birmingham now, but I doubt whether he will offer much in 1-2 years' time.

Jim44
24-12-2009, 09:59 AM
I've not voted because it's a straight yes or no - I'd allow Ferguson and McGregor but not Boyd.Not sure if Ferguson's good enough anymore but McGregor definitely is - number 2 behind Gordon but much better than Marshall, Langfield etc.

The poll doesn't include Boyd. It's purely to do with the Boozegate issue.

crash
24-12-2009, 10:00 AM
SFA INTERVIEW

G.SMITH: Will you bring back Al, Baz and Boydy?

POTTER: Defo.

G.SMITH: Congratulations, when can you start?

Jim44
24-12-2009, 10:02 AM

Sorry about the confusion.........my original poll has now been hi-jacked and replaced by another one.:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
24-12-2009, 10:03 AM

Ok. Well yes I'd bring them back then. A lifetime ban for McGregor was ridiculous - in effect it was a 15 year ban for having a bevvy. Which they weren't banned from doing!

Petrie's Tache
24-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Just because he says the door is open, it dosen't mean it is! He can say it but have no intention of picking them.

SidBurns
24-12-2009, 10:14 AM
Sorry lads but for me we need our best team/players and if that includes them so what. As long as they apologise once more all will be forgiven as far as I'm concerned. Remember when Ian Murray left us?!? We've all taken that back, forgiven and forgot?

My best team would be:-

GK - Gordon

DEF - Hutton, Berra, Murray, Wallace

MID - Ferguson, Fletcher, Brown, McFadden

STR - Boyd, Fletcher

SidBurns
24-12-2009, 10:20 AM
Ok. Well yes I'd bring them back then. A lifetime ban for McGregor was ridiculous - in effect it was a 15 year ban for having a bevvy. Which they weren't banned from doing!

He is p!$hflaps anyway!

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Levein has got make all the choices himself and then stand or fall by the results. With plooky being on the treatment table, I think that McGregor is the best keeper that we have just now. As for Ferguson, he would have been a far better player if he had stayed with Blackburn. In fact IMO he would have moved to a bigger club in the EPL. He was too much of a big fish at Ibrox. I am not sure that we have enough quality players to overlook someone regularly playing in the Premiership. Also the criteria for being picked does not extend to actually having to like the person. You would have to go long and far to come across a more odious article than Ashley Cole or Craig Bellamy but I would have them both in the Scotland team if they qualified.

Hainan Hibs
24-12-2009, 10:33 AM
TBH I'd let them back. Ferguson was a part of the team that got us within touching distance of Euro 2008 and is playing weekly in the EPL.

I want Scotland back in the championships, and if that means picking Ferguson over the complete duds Burley picked against Wales, then I'll go with it.

I'd bring back the keeper because after Gordon we're pretty much ****ed.

Boyd, if bringing him back meant that Kenny "0 goals in an entire qualification campaign" Miller was dropped, then fair enough.

cabbageandribs1875
24-12-2009, 10:55 AM
It might carry more weight if it came from someone who knew a bit about football, Craig Brown is a waste of space and should shut his mouth.

how do you come to that conclusion :confused: craig brown has one of the best percentage rates for a scotland manager, and is our longest serving one.

New Corrie
24-12-2009, 11:00 AM
So I take it that's people wanting Levein sacked already then? Why not leave him to be the judge of who should and shouldn't get selected? Maybe he's thinking along the lines of a clean slate. The one thing you can be sure of, is that Levein will be his own man and pander to nobody. He'll select who he thinks is best for the job. As for the poll, well I would allow all of them back, Boyd scores for fun, Ferguson has been superb for Birmingham of late and McGregor is only marginally behind Gordon on the goalkeeping stakes. It all depends on if it's principles or results that bother you.

steve75
24-12-2009, 11:11 AM
I'd have feguson and McGregor back if they are willing to apologies. Also I'd have Boyd back no questions asked, I 100% agree with what he did. They guy scores goals week in week out yet still gets overlooked and told he's not good enough for either Scotland or Rangers 'big' games, you can see why he'd have to vent some how, and you would have to be crackers to walk out on your club.

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.

- Gandhi

Hakim Sar
24-12-2009, 11:29 AM
I will categorically not support a Scotland team that includes ferguson and/or macgregor.

kris boyd is here to serve Scotland. Scotland is not here to serve kris boyd. He should never be picked again. I would still follow Scotland if he were picked tho, as if I didn't I'd be doing the same thing as Boyd did in the first place!!!!!!

Proud Scotsman - but there are other ways to be patriotic other than following a warped mess of a football team.

johnrebus
24-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Wouldn't want any of them back.

In any case, Ferguson is past it and overated and McGregor is second best to the pluky lesbian, so there is no reason to bring either of them back.

With Boyd it is more difficult, but he does not fit into the Levein work ethic as a player, so would not have been guaranteed a place anyway.

Spike Mandela
24-12-2009, 11:35 AM
I'd have feguson and McGregor back if they are willing to apologies. Also I'd have Boyd back no questions asked, I 100% agree with what he did. They guy scores goals week in week out yet still gets overlooked and told he's not good enough for either Scotland or Rangers 'big' games, you can see why he'd have to vent some how, and you would have to be crackers to walk out on your club.

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.

- Gandhi

What does Levein do if any player steps out of line under his regime:dunno:

If he let's these guys back in to the fold it's license to all players to do as they please. How can he discipline a player when he is happy to tolerate the behaviour of the aforementioned trio:confused:

woody47
24-12-2009, 11:37 AM
As long as a player is playing well he should be picked for Scotland. However he should not players just because of who they play for so it will be interesting to see if he panders to the suits in SFA or not.

lapsedhibee
24-12-2009, 12:18 PM
I'd have Boyd back no questions asked, I 100% agree with what he did. They guy scores goals week in week out yet still gets overlooked and told he's not good enough for either Scotland or Rangers 'big' games, you can see why he'd have to vent some how, and you would have to be crackers to walk out on your club.

:confused: Your argument here seems to be that (a) Walter Smith doesn't really rate him (b) the fat hun was frustrated about that (c) he took his frustration out on Hurly B and Scotland, and therefore (d) he should be playing for Scotland.

Here's another way to look at it: all decent managers know he's not good enough to play against good teams, and so don't pick him, and he's not professional enough to improve his game.

H18sry
24-12-2009, 12:39 PM

NO IT WASN'T they were dropped to the bench, after bevvygate, they were banned for life for the contempt they showed to the Scottish footballing public, by there actions whilst on said bench, they were also hammered from Wally Smith for same said action's.

The SFA have done a u-turn on the ban as soon as Burley was sacked, which is no surprise, given that GS has more faces than Big-Ben.

In answer to the question I do not want them back, as all 3 of them contributed to our failure to qualify for the WC, but as a footballing minnow that we are, it would be folly to exclude 3 of our better players, if they get selected they should receive the full support of the fans.

.Sean.
24-12-2009, 01:00 PM
NO way should they be given chances.

Let them rot in the international wilderness :agree:

J-C
24-12-2009, 01:18 PM
The Crab and McGregor should never be allowed to wear the jersey again after their 2 finger salute to all the Scottish fans. Boyd on the other hand has a case, sat on the bench watching Scotland struggle to get a goal and on comes Imwalumo( spelling ), who misses in front of goal from 4 yards. Now I'm no big fan of Boyd but he knows how to score goals and that is what we need for Scotland, a goalscorer.

Saorsa
24-12-2009, 01:19 PM
All 3 of them can GTF :bye:

ancient hibee
24-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Anyone who thinks that CL is going to leave out a player, who might be useful to him,because of misbehaviour under a previous regime is living in cloud cuckoo land and doesn't understand football.There are two abiding principles in football-

First- Look after No.1

Second - Don't have any other abiding principles.

Storar
24-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Boyd and Ferguson yes, McGregor No

blackpoolhibs
24-12-2009, 01:55 PM

He wont be going into this blindfolded, and new to what has
gone on over the last year or so. Boyd is a twat, and has refused to play for his country, Potter knows this, and should let him stay in exile, boyd does not get to pick when he plays for his country. The behavior of the other 2 was bad enough to get them a life ban, again potter knows this, but has chosen to ignore it, and let them back.

As usual the people in charge have no principals, and are taking us for mugs, and letting these huns know, they can virtually do what they want, when they want as their worth is worth more than any manager.

Mikeystewart
24-12-2009, 03:03 PM

The amount of pish Ferguson etc has received from fans and media alike i dont blame them for telling the world to GTF every now and then. Leaving boyd out the equation, what ferguson mcgragor and several other players did that night with the drink is no more than players in our own team (not naming names) are doing on a weekly basis they just dont usualy do it in the same place as there boss.

Drink aside what they did from the dugout was wrong but it has been totaly blown out of proportion due to the fact most Scottish non rangers fan are always looking out to get a kick in when the chance comes by.

With regards to there selection mcgregor IS at the least second choice to gordon, and the non event of the scotland midfield in the last campaign means ferguson must surely be in with a chance of making the bench if not the firt XI. Also one last thing i nearly forgot he is playing in a team that have surpassed expectations and are sitting on a europa league spot and being 1 pt above liverpool. On merit how many of the livepool midfield would get into the scotland squad i wonder. Il leave my opnions on boyd till when he gets back in the team.

Mikeystewart
24-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Then why is he in the poll if the poll was about booze gate:confused:

Mikeystewart
24-12-2009, 03:16 PM
In answer to the question I do not want them back, as all 3 of them contributed to our failure to qualify for the WC,

Have to say i thought it was Burleys insane team selections that cost us the world cup spot. I started to get worried when we had half an hour to go in a friendly against 10 man Northern Ireland and he subbed another defender on. Summed up his time as coach for me.

H18sry
24-12-2009, 03:17 PM
The amount of pish Ferguson etc has received from fans and media alike i dont blame them for telling the world to GTF every now and then. Leaving boyd out the equation, what ferguson mcgragor and several other players did that night with the drink is no more than players in our own team (not naming names) are doing on a weekly basis they just dont usualy do it in the same place as there boss.

Drink aside what they did from the dugout was wrong but it has been totaly blown out of proportion due to the fact most Scottish non rangers fan are always looking out to get a kick in when the chance comes by.

With regards to there selection mcgregor IS at the least second choice to gordon, and the non event of the scotland midfield in the last campaign means ferguson must surely be in with a chance of making the bench if not the firt IX. Also one last thing i nearly forgot he is playing in a team that have surpassed expectations and are sitting on a europa league spot and being 1 pt above liverpool. On merit how many of the livepool midfield would get into the scotland squad i wonder. Il leave my opnions on boyd till when he gets back in the team.

None they are not Scottish so cannot be selected :devil:

Mikeystewart
24-12-2009, 03:20 PM
None they are not Scottish so cannot be selected :devil:

You know what i meant.....

BUT just incase you didnt, if the liverpool midfield where eligible for a place in the scotland team would they get in. For example Steven Gerrard Macherano Benayoun etc.

Dunbar Hibee
24-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Ferguson No, Mcregor No, Boyd Yes. He is a prick but he puts the ball in the net.

camhibby1
24-12-2009, 03:23 PM
Levein's first mistake will be to bring back any of them. It is a kick in the teeth to the Tartan Army, the country and will smack of sheer hypocrisy. Personally I'm disgusted at the thought of them returning and can't believe that Levein would be so accomodating of the weegie press already. Shame on him if he does bring them back. Is Levein that weak?

Hibstrooper
24-12-2009, 03:30 PM
I'm in the camp of we don't have many great players so lets not cut off our nose to spite our face so I'd have them playing. The only one I'd be iffy with is Boyd as he turned his back on his country.

How though can the SFA let McGregor and Ferguson be selected when they gave them life time bans!?! What a joke organisation that is!

Can anyone point to any part of our game that has went forward since Smith has been in charge? The man is a tool!

PaulSmith
24-12-2009, 03:43 PM
I'd take any player that improves the national team. I put away my feelings about who they play for when they turn out for the national team, I think others should do the same as you can gaurentee that if it were a Hibs player in the same situation as Ferguson and McGregor then you get a completely different answer to this poll.

Alex Trager
24-12-2009, 03:58 PM
personally i don't care if mcregor or fairy get back in , however boyd was given two chances to play for his country and he turned his back, now many say oh well he would have finished that ball if he was on the park and iwelumo ,or however you spell it, wasn't . but the pure and simple fact is , there is no way boyd would have finshed that chance as the chance would not have been there to take . the chance came after fletcher and CHris(the correct spelling)put in a shift of team work together not just one playing off everyone else i.e. boyd and miller... the fact he is one of the heaviest and lasiest people to wear a scotland top and can in my opinion **** right off

Alex Trager
24-12-2009, 04:01 PM
also james mcfadden was asked what he would have done if he were in boyd's situation at the time and of course as most of us would he said he'd wait his turn as did the great alan rough. so what will boyd do when levein puts others (riordan) on instead? say aww **** this things haven't changed.... mummy my dummy has just fell out my fat cun*'s pram

jdships
24-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Anyone who thinks that CL is going to leave out a player, who might be useful to him,because of misbehaviour under a previous regime is living in cloud cuckoo land and doesn't understand football.There are two abiding principles in football-

First- Look after No.1

Second - Don't have any other abiding principles.

:top marks
That's exactly how it is in football management , or probably in any other management for that matter ! It was with me :greengrin
Good luck to CL but when you stop to think he is going to be operating with the same load of dross that Burley had to work with.
Name one European class player , never mind World class, in the squad available ? Except perhaps Fletcher of Man Utd..
"Don't hold your breath " come to mind on this I'm afraid

:rolleyes::boo hoo:

ancienthibby
24-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Levein's first mistake will be to bring back any of them. It is a kick in the teeth to the Tartan Army, the country and will smack of sheer hypocrisy. Personally I'm disgusted at the thought of them returning and can't believe that Levein would be so accomodating of the weegie press already. Shame on him if he does bring them back. Is Levein that weak?

:top marks:top marks:top marks

Tyler Durden
24-12-2009, 04:24 PM
I don't know why we're wasting so much time and effort talking about this (yes I do realise the irony that Im posting) because aside from Ferguson, we're talking about 2 squad players anyway.

Boyd hardly got a start in a big competitive game. For the same reason he never starts for Rangers in the Champs League, the guy is total garbage. Endof.

McGregor is nowhere near as good as Gordon and it's extremely debatable that he's better than Marshall or Neil Alexander.

So for those 2 - why go to the effort to bring them back? They won't make a difference to our chances anyway, they're no better than what we have.

As for Ferguson, he probably would walk back into the team, but he's had his chance and blown it. He can GTF.

Forthview
24-12-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm just about to renew my membership of the Scotland supporters club. I will have to buy a ticket for matches in advance of squads being announced but I will give them away if Ferguson, McGregor or Boyd are selected. Boyd should not be allowed to pick and choose what managers he plays for as he's playing for his country of 5.5million people not just a manager, he said he doesnt want to represent his country, end of story. Ferguson and McGregor should never get near a Scotland squad, I'm not bothered about the drinking but their gestures to the nation are unacceptable and unforgiveable. Just my opinion etc.
Potter's first squad will decide whether I back him, results won't matter to me.:grr:

.Sean.
24-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Boyd and Ferguson yes, McGregor No
Why Ferguson but not McGregor :confused:

Aubenas
24-12-2009, 07:59 PM
If playing for their country meant anything for these low life, they wouldn't have said what they did or acted like they did. If it means nothing to them then they are unlikely to give of their best, and if only because their infantile and insulting behaviour encouraged neds all over Scotland to disrespect others, they shouldn't get within a mile of the team. There are plenty others desperate to play who will give 100% - on AND off the pitch.
Also they're not good enough.

End of.

crewetollhibee
24-12-2009, 08:11 PM
TBH, I couldn't care less who he picks. The few things i would ask of Potter, is that he plays the best available player for each position, within whichever system he opts for. He also needs to play players in their normal club positions, e.g play Darren Fletcher as anchor in midfield, don't expect him to be our midfield maestro ! Pick players on form, not past achievements (Kenny Miller is the obvious example). Lastly, get away from picking OF players just to pander to the weegie media (Danny Fox and Miller again). He will get support from everyone if he can demonstrate a wee bit organisation and better man-management skills than Burley. Here's hoping !!!

Hiber-nation
24-12-2009, 09:59 PM
I'm so fed up with Scotland that I couldnae care less who plays for us now as long as its a winning team.

Unless he recalls Michael Stewart....but of course that would mean it wasn't a winning team.

Santa no here yet :yawn:

Hibercelona
24-12-2009, 10:01 PM
As long as Levein plays a side that wins games... Then I couldn't care less who he plays. (Buns or not)

Landells
24-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Boyd, yes :agree:
Fergushun, no :bitchy:
Mc greggor, no :bitchy:

madabouthibs
24-12-2009, 10:14 PM
I'd like to give Levien a decent pop at this mess we have for an International team.
We could argue that not giving oneself the option of picking any of the three amigos is pandering to Burley, who we all of course agree completely phecked up big time! :agree:
Levein would be as well asking Burley's advice on who else to have in his squad.

Give him a chance. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
24-12-2009, 10:36 PM
As long as Levein plays a side that wins games... Then I couldn't care less who he plays. (Buns or not)

:agree: If Levein says that Susan Boyle can play a role for the national team then even that would get my approval.

Storar
24-12-2009, 11:57 PM
Why Ferguson but not McGregor :confused:

Ferguson is better than we have, McGregor isn't

caithnesshibee
25-12-2009, 08:32 AM
No ta. I would rather nade had a scottish granny than welcome any off they tubes back. Most folk would kill to play for Scotland, not those ungracious toads though, they can GTF.

wick hibby
25-12-2009, 08:36 AM
I would not let them EVER ware a scottish EVER again :grr:

Simkin911
25-12-2009, 10:35 AM
I haven't read all the earlier postings..... but McGregor and Ferguson should be treated no differently from any other person employed and paid to do a job.

If any of us in our workplace broke rules and were disciplined AND then proceeded to effectively bring further shame and embarrassment on the company (read "nation" - it was on the national news) by offering a two finger saluted to all and sundry (including the customers.... ie the supporters)..............

.... would your boss or company (if the boss then left) be keeping the door open to return?

I don't think... you'd be out on your backside.... and quite rightly so.

These guys are no better than anyone posting on here and if, anything, given their position of privilege are even less worthy of a 2nd chance.

They don't deserve to pull on the jersey again. The SFA are a disgrace for even allowing this as an option.

Anyways, Merry Xmas.

Expecting Rain
25-12-2009, 10:52 AM
There`s an infestation of hun influence on the national team, the only time i`d support Scotland is when they cap Hibs players who are willing to travel all the way out to Japan and down to Wales in an effort ot play for their country rather than an ego inflated striker and his three ned pals taking the piss, you might add Weir to the equation after spitting the dummy out when Vogts was in charge, the SFA should have gone all the way and appointed Smeato as the manager, merry xmas to y`all.:thumbsup:

Malthibby
25-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Levein will be a good manager, I hope & believe, but I would rather he proves it without the three huns - I detest the behaviour of all three.
GG

CmoantheHibs
25-12-2009, 03:23 PM
Firstly I hope Levein proves to be an amazing success as manager.As yet he hasnt picked any of them.Maybe he will maybe he wont.I think he will but hope he doesnt.I wouldnt have any of them playing for Scotland again.
A little scenario in his 1st game.He picks a couple of them.How do the Scotland supporters react?Start booing their every touch for the complete disrespect and arrogance they have shown the nation?Imo there would be more than enough people who felt like this so that this was very noticable around the ground and on the pitch.Not really the start youre after.
Now Leveins teams are usually a well organised unit which relies more on high morale and team play than any individual brilliance.This will(IMO)make him a great choice as Scotland boss but is he willing to jeapordise that team spirit for the sake of 3 clowns who arent worldbeaters anyway?I hope not but it isnt my head or my decision.

Danderhall Hibs
26-12-2009, 09:04 AM
NO IT WASN'T they were dropped to the bench, after bevvygate, they were banned for life for the contempt they showed to the Scottish footballing public, by there actions whilst on said bench, they were also hammered from Wally Smith for same said action's.

I think it was the Scottish footballing media but the media turned it into a "fingers up to the fans" story, which was then jumped on by the Tartan Army who have since taken the hysteria to extremes.