PDA

View Full Version : Snow affecting Hibs training? (merged)

Baw187
22-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Does anyone know what the impact has been on our preperations this week with the snow?

I'm guessing less than pre East Mains but surely the squad will have been limited to indoor work and I'm wondering what that limits them too.

matty_f
22-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Does anyone know what the impact has been on our preperations this week with the snow?

I'm guessing less than pre East Mains but surely the squad will have been limited to indoor work and I'm wondering what that limits them too.

There's an indoor pitch (not full size) that they can train on, as well as an all-weather pitch outdoors which should be ok with the snow cleared from it, I'd guess.

zlatan
22-12-2009, 05:41 PM
Zemmama has had his left leg amputated from frost bite, apparently he's a doubt for the game at the weekend now :boo hoo:

Baw187
22-12-2009, 05:42 PM
There's an indoor pitch (not full size) that they can train on, as well as an all-weather pitch outdoors which should be ok with the snow cleared from it, I'd guess.

Ah good. The all weather outdoor bad boy will have them sorted. I had visions of them playing 5s all week ahead of the big game.

So it should be business as usual then.

the_ginger_hibee
22-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Zemmama has had his left leg amputated from frost bite, apparently he's a doubt for the game at the weekend now :boo hoo:

They foreigners are far too lightweight. Get a plaster on him and stick him up front.

scoopyboy
22-12-2009, 05:48 PM

Not hindered them much.

Players were off Sunday and Monday, in the barn today I would imagine.

HibbyAndy
22-12-2009, 07:30 PM

Id still fancy him to skin Thomson.

I'm_cabbaged
22-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Id still fancy him to skin Thomson.

Thought he was injured. :confused:

HibbyAndy
22-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Thought he was injured. :confused:

Sorry im getting ahead of myself :greengrin.

Im thinking of Thomson from the Pubteamers oan the 3rd :wink:

NOLA
23-12-2009, 07:49 PM
noticed on SSN that murray park has undersoil heating on their pitch, Fancy Dans:cool2:

Leithenhibby
23-12-2009, 08:09 PM
By all accounts the hibs struggled, like everyone to travel.

We will be ready for the Huns tho, make no mistake..:..:cool2:

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs-It39s-snow-joke-for.5934188.jp

GreenCastle
23-12-2009, 08:23 PM
noticed on SSN that murray park has undersoil heating on their pitch, Fancy Dans:cool2:

Saw that on SSN - surprised they didn't have it turned off to save money :wink:

Gatecrasher
23-12-2009, 08:33 PM
I saw on the met office web site that snow is due on Friday and Saturday, I hope the game won't be affected

Hibernian Verse
23-12-2009, 08:51 PM
I saw on the met office web site that snow is due on Friday and Saturday, I hope the game won't be affected

:confused: The weather on the BBC said that it won't snow and will only rain...a lot with brightspells?

Gatecrasher
23-12-2009, 09:08 PM
:confused: The weather on the BBC said that it won't snow and will only rain...a lot with brightspells?

No wonder we are never prepared for this weather eh :rolleyes:

PC Stamp
23-12-2009, 09:09 PM

That'll be the same BBC weather that forecast chilly but with bright spells today and completely forgot to mention the six inches of snow early this morning!

down-the-slope
23-12-2009, 09:27 PM
That'll be the same BBC weather that forecast chilly but with bright spells today and completely forgot to mention the six inches of snow early this morning!

:agree:

:grr::grr:

down-the-slope
24-12-2009, 08:09 AM
I live just 2 miles from HTC and its been snowing heavy for past hour or so with 2 inches already being added to the 6 inches of yesterday...going to make getting into training a tad hard for the players :rolleyes:

matty_f
24-12-2009, 08:24 AM
I live just 2 miles from HTC and its been snowing heavy for past hour or so with 2 inches already being added to the 6 inches of yesterday...going to make getting into training a tad hard for the players :rolleyes:

Get oot wi' yer shovel then, man!:greengrin

Ray_
24-12-2009, 08:25 AM

Thought they had an indoor pitch as well & 8 inches is child's play to the Scottish weather I left behind, never stopped us getting around :)

down-the-slope
24-12-2009, 08:26 AM
Get oot wi' yer shovel then, man!:greengrin

I was yesterday...had to dig the car out and then wait for snow ploughs...maybe we can just challenge the Huns to a snow ball fight...the thought of all that frozen water coming their way will have them running scared :greengrin

Fantic
24-12-2009, 08:30 AM
Hughes admitted he might have to rethink his plan to give his players Christmas Day off depending on the impact the weather has on today's training session with the squad having already enjoyed Monday off.

Is it common for footballers to train on Christmas day?

Full article:

Westie1875
24-12-2009, 08:31 AM

Just started in Leith too, my car is staying in the garage again today.

dangermouse
24-12-2009, 08:31 AM
Looks like some heavy snow (http://www.raintoday.co.uk/) heading towards ER just now

O'Rourke3
24-12-2009, 08:34 AM
Used to play games on Christmas. These days with proper fitness regeimes diets etc most teams are in training, making sure their "enigmatic" players aren't out bladdered for the games that always take place on boxing day.

Fantic
24-12-2009, 08:40 AM
Looks like the players could be in on Christmas day:

Hughes admitted he might have to rethink his plan to give his players Christmas Day off depending on the impact the weather has on today's training session with the squad having already enjoyed Monday off.

Nae luck:greengrin

down-the-slope
24-12-2009, 08:51 AM
Looks like the players could be in on Christmas day:

Nae luck:greengrin

Aye don't want them stuffed like turkeys....a bit of mannual snow clearing will soon clear the dinner up