PDA

View Full Version : La Liga / EPL select XI

GC
23-12-2009, 07:19 PM
We have the discussion about which is the best league to watch, how about putting together a side from each league together and seeing who comes up with what.

I'm gonna do one aswell but can't actually think of the Spanish side of the top of my head but whoever want's a go let's see what you can come up with.

HibbyAndy
23-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Whatever League Arsenal were in that would be the League i watch, jawdropping football that wont be matched anywhere in the world, granted not to successful in recent seasons, but if you like football and the way it should be played, then Arsenal are a country mile in front.

hibeemikey21
23-12-2009, 07:49 PM
La Liga:

GK - Casillas
LB - Sergio Ramos (He can play there)
CB - Puyol
CB - Pique
RB - Dani Alves
LW - Messi
CM - Kaka
CM - Iniesta
RW - Ronaldo
CF - Ibrahamovic or Higuain
CF - Aguero or Villa

EPL:

GK - Given
LB - Evra
CB - Vidic
CB - Terry
RB - Glen Johnson
LM - Arshavin
CM - Fabregas
CM - Lampard
RM - Gerrard
CF - Torres or Fletcher :rolleyes:
CF - Drogba or Rooney

Genuinley think this would be a close one. More grit in the EPL team but La Liga one is technically superior.

GC
23-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Whatever League Arsenal were in that would be the League i watch, jawdropping football that wont be matched anywhere in the world, granted not to successful in recent seasons, but if you like football and the way it should be played, then Arsenal are a country mile in front.

What about the cabbage?:wink:

Hibs90
23-12-2009, 07:56 PM
La Liga:

GK - Casillas

DR - Ramos
DC - Raul Albiol
DC - Puyol
DL - Alves

AMR - Messi
MC - Iniesta
MC - Yaya Toure
AML - Kaka

ST - Villa
ST - Ronaldo

Notable mention for Ibrahimovic, Pepe, Higuian.

EPL:

GK - Cech

DR - Johnson
DC - Terry
DC - Vidic
DL - Evra

AMR - Arshavin
MC - Gerrard
MC - Fabregas
AML - Rooney

ST - Drogba
ST - Torres

HibbyAndy
23-12-2009, 07:57 PM
What about the cabbage?:wink:

Aye well we are known as the 'Red hibs' :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hibernian Verse
23-12-2009, 07:59 PM
La Liga has...

Messi, Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema, Aguero, Villa, Ibrahimovic etc etc

Rooney, Torres and Drogba are the only ones that can perform close to those lot.

HibbyAndy
23-12-2009, 08:02 PM
La Liga has...

Rooney, Torres and Drogba are the only ones that can perform close to those lot.

Bullshight.

Arshavin, Van persie, Robinho,Anelka, Lampard, etc...............

GC
La Liga has...

So Arshavin, Fabregas, Gerrard and Lampard can't perform like that then?

Broken Gnome
Everyone forgotten Xavi? I don't care about other centre midfielders, if you pick any world XI then him and Iniesta are inseparable.

GC
23-12-2009, 08:13 PM
EPL

GK - Reina

RB - Johnson
CB - Vermallen
CB - Vidic
LB - Evra

RM - Lennon
CM - Gerrard
CM - Fabregas
LM - Arshavin

ST - Torres
ST - Rooney

La Liga

GK - Casillas

RB - Ramos
CB - Puyol
CB - Pepe
LB - Alves

MR - Ronaldo
MC - Xavi
MC - Iniesta
ML - Messi

AMC - Kaka

ST - Villa

Hibernian Verse
23-12-2009, 09:55 PM
So Arshavin, Fabregas, Gerrard and Lampard can't perform like that then?

You'll have noticed I chose the particularly skillful players, which Gerrard and Lampard aren't, they're big midfielders for whom passing is a specialty. Arshavin isn't the same class as Messi or Aguero, that's for sure.

Robinho maybe, but he's on and off much like our own Zemmama.

GC
23-12-2009, 10:00 PM
You'll have noticed I chose the particularly skillful players, which Gerrard and Lampard aren't, they're big midfielders for whom passing is a specialty. Arshavin isn't the same class as Messi or Aguero, that's for sure.

Robinho maybe, but he's on and off much like our own Zemmama.

Don't have to be tricky to be a world class footballer.

Gerrard and Lampard are extremely skillful players, you know how hard it is to pass the ball and control a game the way they do, alot harder than pulling off a trick, although I am taking nothing away from the players you mentioned.

By the way Arshavin is an incredible footballer, Messi is one of a kind but Arshavin would not look out of place on the same pitch as him.

renato
23-12-2009, 10:20 PM
GK - Casillas

RB - Alves
LB - Adriano
CB - Puyol
CB - Albiol

MC - Xavi
MC - L Diarra
MC - Iniesta

RW - Messi
LW - Ronaldo
CF - Fabiano

That's leaving out the likes of Pique, Toure, Navas, Silva, Kaka, Villa, Ibrahimovic and Kanoute.....who'd all walk into any EPL team IMO.

'Mon the Hibs
23-12-2009, 10:26 PM
So basically Real Madrid & Barca vs. Manu, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelski

CB_NO3
24-12-2009, 12:03 AM
EPL

Van Der Saar

Johnson
Terry
Vidic
Evra

Farbregas
Gerrard
Lampard

Torres
Drogba
Rooney

La Liga

Casillas

Alvez
Puyol
Capdevila
Ramos

Ronaldo
Kaka
Xavi
Iniesta
Messi

Villa

My prediction would be 1-0 to EPL, I cant see the EPL defence loosing a goal with Terry and Vidic at the back.

ballengeich
24-12-2009, 12:05 AM
EPL
I cant see the EPL defence loosing a goal with Terry and Vidic at the back.
:faf:

CB_NO3
24-12-2009, 12:11 AM
It was just hypathetical mate, I was having a bit banter, it could be any score, nae need to take it serious.

ballengeich
24-12-2009, 12:43 AM
It was just hypathetical mate, I was having a bit banter, it could be any score, nae need to take it serious.

My response was banter too. No offence intended.

With the front six you've set up for La Liga, you'd need a brick wall as well as Vidic and Terry, despite their abilities as defenders, to get a 1-0, especially as your full backs are better going forward than defending.

Personally I don't think Johnson's an international class defender, but I might be wrong.

A vital factor in the score is who the managers would be. With the teams you've set out attacking managers could grind out an 8-5.

CB_NO3
24-12-2009, 02:42 AM
My response was banter too. No offence intended.

With the front six you've set up for La Liga, you'd need a brick wall as well as Vidic and Terry, despite their abilities as defenders, to get a 1-0, especially as your full backs are better going forward than defending.

Personally I don't think Johnson's an international class defender, but I might be wrong.

A vital factor in the score is who the managers would be. With the teams you've set out attacking managers could grind out an 8-5.

I agree with you about Johnson, he is good at going forward but gets caught out at the back a bit, a bit like what Whittaker used to do with us.

Si_17
24-12-2009, 02:54 AM
So basically Real Madrid & Barca vs. Manu, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelski

Not in the slightest.

The likes of Fabiano, Kanoute, Forlan, Villa, Aguero, Silva or Navas would all walk into any team in the Premiership.

MWHIBBIES
24-12-2009, 04:03 AM
La liga is better IMO but why do you all have sergio ramos in your team he is the most overated played in the world.

La Liga

gk-casillas
rb-alves
cb-puyol
cb-pique
lb-captivilla
rm-ronaldo
cm-alonso/xavi
cm-iniesta
lm-messi
st-villa
st-benzema

prem

gk-given
rb-sagna
cb-terry
cb-vidic
lb-evra
cm-fabregas
cm-gerrard
cm-lampard
lf-torres
cf-drogba
rf-rooney

Thegreenside
24-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Bullshight.

Arshavin, Van persie, Robinho,Anelka, Lampard, etc...............
yeah but no where near better,
arshavin no where near messi
van persie no where near villa
robinho no where near kaka
anelka no where near benzema
lampard only scores his goals with pens so not over inesta

Stuarty27
24-12-2009, 05:32 PM
EPL

GK - Reina

RB - Johnson
CB - Vermallen
CB - Vidic
LB - Evra

RM - Lennon
CM - Gerrard
CM - Fabregas
LM - Arshavin

ST - Torres
ST - Rooney

La Liga

GK - Casillas

RB - Ramos
CB - Puyol
CB - Pepe
LB - Alves

MR - Ronaldo
MC - Xavi
MC - Iniesta
ML - Messi

AMC - Kaka

ST - Villa

The same Reina freed by Barcelona....

Stuarty27
24-12-2009, 05:35 PM
La liga is better IMO but why do you all have sergio ramos in your team he is the most overated played in the world.

And Joan Capdevilla is a great full back

Mikeystewart
24-12-2009, 05:38 PM
GK - Casillas
RB - Alves
LB - A. Cole
CB - Puyol
CB - J. Terry
RM - Messi
LM - Ronaldo
CM - Iniesta
CM - Kaka
CF - Torres
CF - Ibrahimovic

HibbyAndy
24-12-2009, 06:00 PM
yeah but no where near better,
arshavin no where near messi
van persie no where near villa
robinho no where near kaka
anelka no where near benzema
lampard only scores his goals with pens so not over inesta

I could also use that in reverse too?

Benzema no where near Torres.

Villa over Rooney? dont think so.

And Lampard over Iniesta? yes please.

Sylar
24-12-2009, 06:14 PM
EPL:

Cech

Carragher
Terry
Vermallen
Cole

Arshavin
Lampard
Gerrard

Fabergas

Rooney
Drogba

La Liga:

Casillas

Alves
Puyol
Pepe
Ramos

Ronaldo
Kaka
Xavi
Iniesta
Messi

Villa

I reckon the LaLiga side would use the EPL XI as toilet paper.

Thegreenside
24-12-2009, 08:19 PM
I could also use that in reverse too?

Benzema no where near Torres.

Villa over Rooney? dont think so.

And Lampard over Iniesta? yes please.
torres best striker in the world IMO
but ibrahimovic scores hell of alot more than rooney
and why lampard over inesta?

Barney McGrew
24-12-2009, 08:29 PM
I love watching La Liga, IMO it's head and shoulders above the Premiership both for the quality of the games and the technical ability of the players. At the lower end of La Liga, the teams still try and play football while at the lower end of the Premiership I think it's fair to say that the fayre is a bit more 'industrial'

It's interesting to note when people are picking their respective first XI's that most of the Liga teams contain 6 or 7 players that were born in Spain, while the equivalent EPL teams have 2 or 3 home grown players. I guess that reflects both the lack of quality of English players just now - and there's not too many coming through the ranks down south once the current squad passes it's sell by date. There's far too much emphasis on importing foreigners in the EPL.

Munson7
24-12-2009, 08:31 PM

Arsenal play great football, and despite how much i hate Wenger he has a great football philosophy and wants his team to play the game the way it should be played, in my opinion.

But there is no chance they play better football than Barcelona who are without doubt the benchmark and have been for the past four or five seasons.

HibbyAndy
24-12-2009, 09:14 PM
torres best striker in the world IMO
but ibrahimovic scores hell of alot more than rooney
and why lampard over inesta?

Hell why not?!

Dinnae give me this Lampard only score penaltys pish.. Lampard is the heart beat of the Chelsea team, been to world cups Euro's, Champions lg finals and scored in the lot!..a consistent goalscoring midfielder for YEARS, why the hell not?!

HibbyAndy
24-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Arsenal play great football, and despite how much i hate Wenger he has a great football philosophy and wants his team to play the game the way it should be played, in my opinion.

But there is no chance they play better football than Barcelona who are without doubt the benchmark and have been for the past four or five seasons.

Fair comment...i can only judge on what i see, Barcelona aint on tv as much as Arsenal.

Thegreenside
24-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Hell why not?!

Dinnae give me this Lampard only score penaltys pish.. Lampard is the heart beat of the Chelsea team, been to world cups Euro's, Champions lg finals and scored in the lot!..a consistent goalscoring midfielder for YEARS, why the hell not?!
inesta has got to the euros and champions league and WON them

also plays in a team that won every competition they entered

HibbyAndy
24-12-2009, 09:48 PM
inesta has got to the euros and champions league and WON them

also plays in a team that won every competition they entered

Swap Lampard with Iniesta, does that count? its like putting Stokes in the Hearts team, he wouldnt get goals.