PDA

View Full Version : Yams You Couldn't Sell All Your Tickets...

Dashing Bob S
23-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Perhaps this thread might goad them damned Los Yambolinos pinkos into parting with the coinage of the realm and buying some tickets to see their beloved club in derby action.

Shouldn't be any financial constraints; just go down there, buy five tickets and owe the resultant monies to yourself.

C'mon, you useless bunch! You might be good at disguising yourselves as seats at Tyney, but we really will be able to to tell the difference when we're that close to you and the said seats are green!

Barney McGrew
23-12-2009, 06:00 PM
C'mon, you useless bunch! You might be good at disguising yourselves as seats at Tyney, but we really will be able to to tell the difference when we're that close to you and the said seats are green!

There's no point Bob. It'll be another 'boycott' for some trivial reason again.

They seem to take great delight in pointing out the attendance at the Hampden game in 2005, while completely ignoring the fact that they went through years and years of not being able to sell 3500 tickets for a game three miles away from their home stadium. When it comes to dressing up as seats, they wrote the book about it.

Big Team my erse.

Frazerbob
23-12-2009, 06:08 PM

They seem to take great delight in pointing out the attendance at the Hampden game in 2005, while completely ignoring the fact that they went through years and years of not being able to sell 3500 tickets for a game three miles away from their home stadium. When it comes to dressing up as seats, they rote the book about it.

Big Team my erse.

Not to mention the fact that even they, with their 400,000 fans, couldn't sell out for the "biggest Derby in history" as they like to call it.

Fandangoes, the lot of them!

hibee-shtuggie
23-12-2009, 06:09 PM
there seems to be many grumblings just now about attendances...everyone knows the attendances at PBS are docotred, they count season tickets who dont turn up. they are selling tickets for a fiver im sure this festive season...why would they need to do that if they were "selling out" against celtic and on the back of a win that is going to propel them to third in the league. they wont be at ER in large enough number to sell out because they are positvely pappin' themselves that they are going to get a hiding. GGTTH

Barney McGrew
23-12-2009, 06:11 PM
Not to mention the fact that even they, with their 400,000 fans, couldn't sell out for the "biggest Derby in history" as they like to call it.

Aye, another myth perpetuated by the pink ones.

They didn't sell their allocation for Hampden that day either.

.Sean.
23-12-2009, 06:24 PM
**** them. **** them, **** them, **** them.

Cannae wait to pump them :jamboak:

Sergey
23-12-2009, 06:34 PM
It's all about prioritising.

The Lesser Huns have a vital 6 pointer at Falkirk and then a tricky home tie against 'Well before the derby. Those matches are much more important.

You only have to look at the support they took to Hamilton.

Horse
23-12-2009, 06:43 PM

They seem to take great delight in pointing out the attendance at the Hampden game in 2005, while completely ignoring the fact that they went through years and years of not being able to sell 3500 tickets for a game three miles away from their home stadium. When it comes to dressing up as seats, they wrote the book about it.

Big Team my erse.

I'd actually prefer to see them sell out their end - the Ne'ersday game should always be a complete sell out. I know that on the odd occasion we don't sell all our tickets for tynie but I think it's only been 2 or 3 times that this has happened since Tynie was "redeveloped". The "big team" however have had big gaps in the Dunbar end on quite a few occasions so I'm not overly confident that they will sell out for the game on the 3rd. I'm 100% sure that we'd sell our allocation for a Ne'ersday game at tynie even if our league positions were reversed, that's the difference between big teams and wee teams!

As for the crowd at the semi, people tend to forget that Hearts had a maximum of 3-4000 more fans than us, obviously the fact that we all pretty much knew we were beaten before a ball was kicked had an impact on this but I still think the biggest problem was Hibs arrangements for selling tickets - I remember worrying that I wouldn't get a ticket as I wasn't an ST holder. There was then huge problems applying for blocks of tickets and me and my mates ended getting split up into groups of 3 or 4, none of us really cared because we were convinced these tickets were gold dust and the game would be a sell out. I have to admit that I was shocked to see empty seats in both ends and particularly the amount in the Hibs end given the huge amount of hassle I had getting a ticket. I think that many people who were thinking of going just accepted that it was too much hassle to get a ticket and gave up trying, in the end it was only the "hard core" who wouldn't miss such a game no matter what that persevered in getting a ticket. I hope the board have learned from this.

HibbyAndy
23-12-2009, 06:46 PM

Big Team my erse.

Spot on :top marks:agree:.

As close as you will get to a new year game and the Wee Huns are naewhere to bee seen.
They really do make a rod for there own back..

machibby
23-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Maybe they're saving for that £1000 a head Romanov buyout:wink::boo hoo:

whereswallace?
23-12-2009, 07:12 PM
I take it ticket sales are not going well down at Declinecastle? (loving that name!)

tbfhibs
23-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Did two thousand not turn out for a testimonial match{maybe Levein's}?

HibbyAndy
23-12-2009, 08:42 PM

When was this?

Littlest Hobo
23-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Wouldn't it be nice to give them another real hiding along the lines of a 6-2 or even better still a 7-0? lol In saying that I'll take a scrappy 1-0 any day of the week against that lot. :thumbsup:

tbfhibs
23-12-2009, 08:52 PM
When was this?
Poss, mid to late nineties maybe not Levein but someone better than I might have more info.

Feed McGraw
23-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Unfortunately, due to the history of our country and indeed our city , they had a bit of a head start in the supporter stakes, but nowadays the clubs have very similar sized supports. These cretins cling to the fantasy that they have a much bigger support than Hibs because they are JEALOUS of Hibs and have been for decades.

James Connolly
23-12-2009, 09:21 PM
I take it ticket sales are not going well down at Declinecastle? (loving that name!)

2500 sold according to their website; that'll be horse-raddish though!:agree:

Barney McGrew
23-12-2009, 10:47 PM

Nope they managed a massive 3500 at that one. Pumped 5-1 at the bus shelter by Coventry City in 1995.

It was Levein's.

Hainan Hibs
24-12-2009, 12:12 AM
What us hobo's can't understand is the Big Team mentality.

Why, as relegation candidates, should they silly themselves by going to games against Title contenders?

For example, Wolves kept their top players out against Man U so they were fully charged for the crunch game against Burnley.

The yams are very smartly following a similiar tactic, as shown by the fact only 200 of them bothered their arse to turn up at an away match to then mid table Hamilton and now can't sell 3500 tickets for a derby in their own city.

The yams will be out in force to be the 12th man against fellow relegation candidates Falkirk and killie:agree:.

As Boabster said, Hibs are no longer their rivals, and he is right:agree:

bighairyfaeleith
24-12-2009, 06:34 AM
we shouldn't allow any of them into easter road.

THEY STINK. FACT

:greengrin

tbfhibs
24-12-2009, 09:07 AM
Nope they managed a massive 3500 at that one. Pumped 5-1 at the bus shelter by Coventry City in 1995.

It was Levein's.
Thank you tried some digging but failed cheers.

Jack
24-12-2009, 09:12 AM
Remember they have sold thousands of [season] tickets over the last few years on the back of promises that were (are) never kept.

Season after season of decline and then just about season ticket selling time the big announcement of purse strings being loosened; bargains to be had and the like and like lemmings they all jump for it. They yams lap it up like the sign saying ‘free beer tomorrow.’

Now if that was me I’d be mighty pissed off with the club and even if I was a travelling supporter I would think more than twice about watching the drivel they produce. We’ve seen that already this season with Hahahearts away supports at a couple of hundred where before they would have taken easy over a thousand in years gone by.

The buffoonery at Hahahearts isn’t just affecting them, clubs even smaller than us are loosing 100s maybe the odd 1,000 away fans that used to be the yams.

Their club has been slowly stolen from under them. Even the most ardent fans are turning their back. Whatever lies they're told for the next round of STs is going to have to be a hum dinger.

hibs0666
24-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Thank you tried some digging but failed cheers.

I can confirm a 3500 attendance for Levein's testimonial according to London Yams site.

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/199510081.html

Leithenhibby
24-12-2009, 09:54 AM
I can confirm a 3500 attendance for Levein's testimonial according to London Yams site.

FFS, thats a shocker for a player I always thought was good :agree:. Always thought the Yams loved this Guy......obviously NO....:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
24-12-2009, 12:46 PM

That was enormous compared to Gary MacKay's which was about 37, for their longest serving player. Popeye Sneddon got 8,000 plus.

hibbie02
24-12-2009, 01:19 PM
How embarrassing would it be for the Maroon Mongs if Irvine Medda sell all 3500 tickets and they don't. It could happen......:wink:

Kevvy1875
24-12-2009, 01:47 PM
How embarrassing would it be for the Maroon Mongs if Irvine Medda sell all 3500 tickets and they don't. It could happen......:wink:

That would be bragging rights gold! Infact......Platinum.:jamboak:

dangermouse
24-12-2009, 02:02 PM

Embarrassing indeed (http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-Irvine-fans--in.5937503.jp)

Petrie's Tache
24-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Embarrassing indeed (http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-Irvine-fans--in.5937503.jp)

One ****bo at the end has the cheek to suggest there will be more Medda fans at ER that day than us. Not realising the irony in his own comment considering they will sell more for than them for the derby.

Barney McGrew
24-12-2009, 03:27 PM
They are to be congratulated as it seems they've managed to sell 1000 tickets for their relegation six pointer against Falkirk this weekend.

It is traditionally one of the best attended days of the season across Scotland though.

Just to remind me - we did fill the whole stand and half the gazebo there earlier in the season didn't we? :wink: