PDA

View Full Version : Question Hanlon

Billychaotic182
22-12-2009, 04:30 PM
With Bamba gone now and Young Hanlon taking over at Centre Half i was just wondering if anyone has seen him play there?

I know he was given the man of the match on some of the bounce games playing there but is he going to be the answer come the 27th and the 3rd?

Or does anyone else think we would be better with Murray, Thicot or McCormack there?

I have only ever seen Hanlon at LB and although he has played well there i think the rangers and Hearts games are 2 big to gamble on him.

Guess in Yogi we trust

:notworthy:

blackpoolhibs
22-12-2009, 04:34 PM
With Bamba gone now and Young Hanlon taking over at Centre Half i was just wondering if anyone has seen him play there?

I know he was given the man of the match on some of the bounce games playing there but is he going to be the answer come the 27th and the 3rd?

Or does anyone else think we would be better with Murray, Thicot or McCormack there?

I have only ever seen Hanlon at LB and although he has played well there i think the rangers and Hearts games are 2 big to gamble on him.

Guess in Yogi we trust

:notworthy:

Is that you John?

scoopyboy
22-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Is that you John?

Seen him play twice at centre half for Scotland under 21s, once against Albania at Falkirk and the other this season against Belarus at Paisley.

Both times he played really well.

At Falkirk he played on the RHS but against Belarus he was on his favoured LHS.

I thought his best game for us this season was against Celtic so I don't think Yogi would worry about playing him against Rangers or Hearts. He played well in our win against Hearts in May.

blackpoolhibs
22-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Seen him play twice at centre half for Scotland under 21s, once against Albania at Falkirk and the other this season against Belarus at Paisley.

Both times he played really well.

At Falkirk he played on the RHS but against Belarus he was on his favoured LHS.

I thought his best game for us this season was against Celtic so I don't think Yogi would worry about playing him against Rangers or Hearts. He played well in our win against Hearts in May.

I have not seen him play in the middle at all, i agree he looked good against celtic and hearts at left back. Do you think he's good enough to play centre half now? As myself, if i think he has any faults, its that i think he's brushed off the ball a little easy, and maybe he's not quite ready for that position yet in the 1st team. :dunno:

brydekirk
22-12-2009, 05:37 PM
if hanlon is the best of the rest, get him in at his true position. it will cause less disruption. its only two games and the new guys will be in for the yams game. :thumbsup:

scoopyboy
22-12-2009, 05:43 PM
I have not seen him play in the middle at all, i agree he looked good against celtic and hearts at left back. Do you think he's good enough to play centre half now? As myself, if i think he has any faults, its that i think he's brushed off the ball a little easy, and maybe he's not quite ready for that position yet in the 1st team. :dunno:

Hard to say Blackpool, it is one thing playing against guys your own age and another playing experienced pros. Centre half is notoriously hard for a laddie to play.

He has really filled out which can only help him, Donald Park remarked on that about Hanlon and Wotherspoon when he visited East Mains recently.

In both cases it was because of lots of hard work at East Mains in the close season, another benefit of the training centre.

Speedy
22-12-2009, 05:44 PM
I've never seen him play there but I believe that's where he plays for Scotland. He is also a friend of a friend and he apparently said that's where he sees himself playing in the long run.

RigRoars
22-12-2009, 05:48 PM
I've never seen him play there but I believe that's where he plays for Scotland. He is also a friend of a friend and he apparently said that's where he sees himself playing in the long run.

:agree: His dad is a friend of the family. Centre half is where he wants to be and is most comfortable.

hibees_forever
22-12-2009, 05:54 PM

if you've never seen him play there, shut it

blackpoolhibs
22-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Hard to say Blackpool, it is one thing playing against guys your own age and another playing experienced pros. Centre half is notoriously hard for a laddie to play.

He has really filled out which can only help him, Donald Park remarked on that about Hanlon and Wotherspoon when he visited East Mains recently.

In both cases it was because of lots of hard work at East Mains in the close season, another benefit of the training centre.

Well it looks like we will find out pretty soon. I still have my doubts, but if he does play him there, hopefully he will prove me wrong, and go on to make that position his own. :pray:

Dashing Bob S
23-12-2009, 03:56 PM
I reckon he's a cert to start at centre-half?

Sauce?

The voices in my head after imbibing copious amounts of gin.

Woody1985
23-12-2009, 04:21 PM
if you've never seen him play there, shut it

:faf:

I'm sure BH doesn't need me to stick up for him but he's just said that he's seen him play and he's brushed off the ball a little easily in his opinion.

Just because he wasn't playing CH at the time is irrelevant to his physical ability.