PDA

View Full Version : meanest defence in britain

hibee-shtuggie
22-12-2009, 05:05 PM
just read in the paper at work today that we have officially the meanest defence in britain along with leeds united and rangers - only letting in 10 goals in the league. i always say in my sunday league team never tinker with the defence so lets hope that bamba going to the cup of nations wont be to big a blow and maybe hanlon/mcormack/murray can slot in nicely alongside hogg!! GGTTH - what a time to be a hibee :notworthy:

lucky
22-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Bamba will be a big miss. Hogg and Murray don't work as well. I would bring in Hanlon. Then its only 1 change. Murray is an outstanding left back but not an outstanding CH

hibee-shtuggie
22-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Bamba will be a big miss. Hogg and Murray don't work as well. I would bring in Hanlon. Then its only 1 change. Murray is an outstanding left back but not an outstanding CH

bamba has been huge this season. so much has been written about our forward line wining us matches and our defense has been unfairly overlooked (in the press certainly). a lot of our wins have been us soaking up pressure and scoring against the run of play.

PISTOL1875
22-12-2009, 05:13 PM

Spot on.. I think Murray would be the better option in Bamba's place.. He would probably do better with the threat of Beasley.....