PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Ticket Office

Hibee_Craig7062
22-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Recently bought my half season ticket and it arrived next day no problems.

Went onto E ticketing today in order to book my seat for the cup game but wasnt given the option.

Even more worringly it would appear that my seat M25 in famous five lower is available for anyone to book even though we are in the period of the season ticket holders being able to reserve their seat.

Called the ticket office and have spoke a Female and a Male who are going to let me book the seat but are insistent that i have to pay the £1.50 booking charge. Ive argued that the website indicates that is not the case but they both said its "because you dont have a cup top up" :grr:

Im quite aware i dont have a cup top up as i havent had a full season ticket but i do have a fancy new card which as far as i was aware would be fixed to allow me entry on the 9th January thus saving me the need to collect a ticket or have it posted to me. Any other half season purchasers had issues like this?

Stantons Angel
22-12-2009, 05:44 PM
I maybe wrong but as you did not purchase a cup top up the card you were issued would not have given you access to the cup game.

Any tickets booked over the phone or online are charged at £1.50 per ticket as normal and charged on payment.

I would think that because your season ticket wont start till the 27th December it will only be validated for use from then too?

As ive said this is my understanding of the situation and it could be incorrect? I hope it helps.

:wink:

ArabHibee
22-12-2009, 05:51 PM
But what is the £1.50 booking fee for? It's not like they are printing and sending out a ticket to you anymore as it just goes on your plastic card? Bit of a con if you ask me.

Do you still get charged the booking fee if you go into the ticket office to get your 'ticket' for the cup game?

Baw187
22-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Booking fee will be standard as a method of paying for the services being provided, by Ticketmaster, such as the Website and call centre and all the processes that lie behind it.

As much as i detest paying it, the Ticketmaster service is better than what it was when we had o deal directly with the ticket office, and we can't expect Hibs to outsource this service and absorb the costs.

ArabHibee
22-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Booking fee will be standard as a method of paying for the services being provided, by Ticketmaster, such as the Website and call centre and all the processes that lie behind it.

As much as i detest paying it, the Ticketmaster service is better than what it was when we had o deal directly with the ticket office, and we can't expect Hibs to outsource this service and absorb the costs.

Fair enough, but I'm talking about phoning the Ticket Office direct, therefore bypassing Ticketmaster?

Baw187
22-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Fair enough, but I'm talking about phoning the Ticket Office direct, therefore bypassing Ticketmaster?

Aye, that doesn't make much sense. Unless all ticket sales now have to go through the Ticketmaster process for whatever reason, and all the Ticekt Office are doing is lodging the sale with TM.

God knows !! :dizzy:

ArabHibee
22-12-2009, 06:16 PM
Aye, that doesn't make much sense. Unless all ticket sales now have to go through the Ticketmaster process for whatever reason, and all the Ticekt Office are doing is lodging the sale with TM.

I'll give the TO a wee phone tomorrow and find out. No point in guessing about it! :greengrin

marinello59
22-12-2009, 06:19 PM

Ever since ticketmaster got involved ANY sale by phone has been subject to the booking fee.

marinello59
22-12-2009, 06:24 PM

My experience has been that ever since ticketmaster got involved the service has been worse. When you are buying more than one ticket and also require them posting out the costs are well over the top.

Hibby K
22-12-2009, 06:31 PM
But what is the £1.50 booking fee for? It's not like they are printing and sending out a ticket to you anymore as it just goes on your plastic card? Bit of a con if you ask me.

Do you still get charged the booking fee if you go into the ticket office to get your 'ticket' for the cup game?

Bought a ticket for the Irvine game for my daughter this morning at the ticket office. She is a season ticket holder but doesn't have the top up. Was charged the normal ticket price, without any booking fee and this was added to her card (I hope!) by the guy in the ticket office.
Had tried to buy it online previously but wasn't too convinced about their system plus would have had to pay booking fee.

ArabHibee
22-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Bought a ticket for the Irvine game for my daughter this morning at the ticket office. She is a season ticket holder but doesn't have the top up. Was charged the normal ticket price, without any booking fee and this was added to her card (I hope!) by the guy in the ticket office.
Had tried to buy it online previously but wasn't too convinced about their system plus would have had to pay booking fee.

:thumbsup: Cheers! I'll go to the ticket office and get my cup ticket then rather than paying a booking fee.

Speedy
22-12-2009, 06:40 PM
The booking fee is a bit of a rip of in my opinion. I have always been under the impression that online systems are supposed to cheaper than having staff in a ticket office so I don't see why you should pay extra, especially when there are no delivery costs.

Kevvy1875
22-12-2009, 06:44 PM
Just buisness im afraid. Its a system based on convienence for the supporter......people are employed to take care of it and have to be paid. IMO £1.50 is very steep(Ticketmasters shareholders rubbing their mitts together!). Other than Hibs putting their own call centre in(not an option ecomnomy wise) then its £1.50 or get yourself down to the ticket office.

Hopefully in the future everyone will be able to order online with no need for telephones and then there will be no 'middle man'.

MB62
22-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Just buisness im afraid. Its a system based on convienence for the supporter......people are employed to take care of it and have to be paid. IMO £1.50 is very steep(Ticketmasters shareholders rubbing their mitts together!). Other than Hibs putting their own call centre in(not an option ecomnomy wise) then its £1.50 or get yourself down to the ticket office.

Hopefully in the future everyone will be able to order online with no need for telephones and then there will be no 'middle man'.

Recently I phoned the T.O. to book 6 tickets for the huns game and 11 for the Yams game. The guy was trying to charge me £1.50 per ticket (x 17 = £25.50p) even although I explained I would collect them from the T.O. on my way home from work, around 2 hours later. He was adamant it was still £1.50p per ticket so obviously I told him where to shove the booking fee and dropped in, as explained, 2 hours later and picked up these tickets WITHOUT booking fee.

So, question is, what is the difference between paying this employee to deal with my request over the phone, to paying him to do exactly the same thing 2 hours later with me in T.O. in person?

It is an absolute rip off and there will never be any danger of me ever paying a booking fee for this kind of service. It's not just Hibs, it's booking fees in general, everywhere does it, but it is our club that I deal with mostly so my anger is directed at them primarily.

£1.50 per transaction, FINE, £1.50 per ticket, GIRUY, there's nae danger of that being paid.

NAE NOOKIE
22-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Not telling you my seat number but I hope you aint one of those folk who get up every 5 minutes to go to the bog or for a pie before half time.

:wink: