PDA

View Full Version : Refs for next 3 games

Cropley10
22-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Have to be honest and say my heart sank when I read that

Iain Brines (again) for Der Hun on Sunday

and

CHARLIE RICHMOND versus the Yams on the 3rd.

I can't believe I'm typing this but Charlie did alright in the game we had him in before, but Brines!! Brines doesn't get to ref many SPL games - on account of his ******ness - but guess what the GFA give him the biggest game of the season....:grr:

[We've got someone called Brian Winter for the Saintees btw]

hibsbollah
22-12-2009, 11:44 AM
Charlie has been good for us for a good few games now...I think he's lost his mantle as worst ref ever, his reputation is now undeserved IMO.

Bad Martini
22-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Charlie has been good for us for a good few games now...I think he's lost his mantle as worst ref ever, his reputation is now undeserved IMO.

No danger. He's overseen more potential riots thanks to his woeful ineptitude than any other referee I recall for a good long time...he is just THAT bad.

Fife-Hibee
22-12-2009, 11:50 AM

and

I can't believe I'm typing this but Charlie did alright in the game we had him in before, but Brines!! Brines doesn't get to ref many SPL games - on account of his ******ness - but guess what the GFA give him the biggest game of the season....:grr:

[We've got someone called Brian Winter for the Saintees btw]

:bitchy: :boo hoo:

JimBHibees
22-12-2009, 12:16 PM
We would have been struggling to hand pick worst refs for these 2 games.

Hibs7
22-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Brines is the worst, most "I am Mr important" Ref in the SPL, I just hope he is strong enough for the Huns game.

hibsbollah
22-12-2009, 12:19 PM
No danger. He's overseen more potential riots thanks to his woeful ineptitude than any other referee I recall for a good long time...he is just THAT bad.

He came down hard on cheating Rangers in the 1-1 Ibrox draw, and gave us lots of 50/50s. Also gave us a very soft pen in the st johnstone game.

Charlie is a Hibby:devil:

JimBHibees
22-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Brines is the worst, most "I am Mr important" Ref in the SPL, I just hope he is strong enough for the Huns game.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::big grin:

Barney McGrew
22-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Charlie has been good for us for a good few games now

Even more of a worry then - we're due a duff game from him any time :grr:

Billychaotic182
22-12-2009, 02:06 PM
who was the ref against aberdeen?

Have to say did nothing wrong at all.

I have been a season ticket holder long enough to know how much Richmond hates the hibs

Cropley10
22-12-2009, 02:23 PM

Have to say he did nothing wrong at all.

CR wa a season ticket holder long enough to know how much he hates the hibs

CR had a ST where?

maturehibby
22-12-2009, 02:27 PM
have had him a few times and he carries several stones too much for a referee .
He was the ref that sent off the Dundee United full back for a legitimate on Naismith when he was still with Killie tho he had the guts to admit his error and got the ordering off rescinded tho it didnt help United as they then lost 2-1 after being ahead prior to the ordering off .
Also cant believe the "Charlie is ok statements" he is a clown and one swallow doesnt make a summer and will take a lot of better performances before I change my opinion on him .
Brines is an inept clown .

Billychaotic182
22-12-2009, 02:30 PM
CR had a ST where?

dude i have no idea who that came out like that lol.

I have fixed it now lol

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-12-2009, 02:39 PM
With a full house-top of the table game against Rangers being live on the box, I don't think that Brines will be able to help himself. So look forward to stop start as players and fans alike are continually reminded that the dude in the black is the real reason we have all turned up. Maybes SKY can do us all a favour and set up Ref-cam as one of their viewing options. If he is told in advance that there will always be a camera on him, he may have a decent game.

OtterHibee
22-12-2009, 02:40 PM
That'll be three bad referees then :grr:

Winter was utterly abysmal in the last Hibs game he refereed (2-0 win over Hamilton at ER last December) and almost looked as if he'd never seen a football game in his life. Hamilton's one intention on that day appeared to involve attempting to injure our boys at every opportunity, compounded by the fact that the ref seemed content to stand back and let them get on with it. It took him until late on in the 2nd half to book one of their players despite the amount of shocking challenges that had gone unpunished earlier on, including a particularly bad one on Fletcher before HT (IIRC) where the offending player wasn't even given a talking to.

Charlie's performances in Hibs games this year have been too good to be true so is due a bad match. Brines is just an absolute buffoon.

Have to say he did nothing wrong at all.]

Dougie McDonald. One of the better refs in Scotland :agree:

OtterHibee
22-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Oh and on the topic of referees, anyone know what's happened to Calum Murray and Eddie Smith this season?

Haven't seen them mentioned anywhere of late :confused:

H18sry
22-12-2009, 03:12 PM
Ref's stats for this season http://www.splrefs.com/Hibs/SPL-Stats-Teams.php?TeamID=7&TeamName=Hibs&sort=NoGames :wink:

Cropley10
22-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Ref's stats for this season http://www.splrefs.com/Hibs/SPL-Stats-Teams.php?TeamID=7&TeamName=Hibs&sort=NoGames :wink:

Good site that.

Hibby Bairn
22-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Calum has been injured but now on way back. Reffing 2nd div at the mo.

Saorsa
22-12-2009, 05:59 PM

and

[We've got someone called Brian Winter for the Saintees btw]:bitchy: :grr:

We'll need tae be at our very best for this game because we'll get f' all of that w**ker

MWHIBBIES
22-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Atleast it's not David Somers he's a tool

Pedantic_Hibee
22-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Richmond reminds me of Jeff Winter from the EPL, a self-promoting fud-dodger who just luuuuuuuuuuurves to be centre-stage with his big grey bulbous head looming large in the camera lens, barking out the orders and trying, and failing, to look like he's not a man to be messed with.

He's a pernickety, c0cknosed scrote of a man who is long overdue a prolonged stint refereeing amateur football where he won't have cameras and security to prevent him getting a burst lip.

And if you think that's harsh, don't get me started on Alan f***ing Freeland.......

PC Stamp
22-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Calum (Murray) has been injured but now on way back. Reffing 2nd div at the mo.

Best ref in Scotland by a distance!

Calvin
23-12-2009, 04:57 PM
To be honest, Richmond has improved a lot since the worst ref performance I ever saw v Motherwell I think - when the players just stopped paying attention.

Brines is still crap, can't forget Morton last year.

PISTOL1875
23-12-2009, 05:00 PM

Brines is awful.. Remember the Motherwell game.. It got to a point where HIbs players couldn't make a tackle because they kept getting a fouls against them...

PISTOL1875
23-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Oh and on the topic of referees, anyone know what's happened to Calum Murray and Eddie Smith this season?

Haven't seen them mentioned anywhere of late :confused:

Don't know about Murray but Smith was the clown who sent off Chris Innes at Celtic Park then had to tell him to come back on as he had only received one booking.... He will have probably been pumped to Division 3 ....

hibee-shtuggie
23-12-2009, 05:04 PM
richmond is absolutley awful... i cant believe how bad he is...having said that he is nothing compared to how bad brines is... lets just hope they dont do anything daft and we win them both fair and square!!

Sick Boy
23-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Best ref in Scotland by a distance!

:agree: Definitely. The sooner he's back refereeing in the top division the better.

PaulSmith
23-12-2009, 05:27 PM
:agree: Definitely. The sooner he's back refereeing in the top division the better.

He is.