PDA

View Full Version : Yams Goncalves suspended for derby (merged)

Sergey
22-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Their long-throw expert is banned :thumbsup:

Thug (http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Banned-Hearts-star-Goncalves-misses.5930552.jp#4745535)

Danderhall Hibs
22-12-2009, 10:28 AM
...as their long-throw expert is banned :thumbsup:

Thug (http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Banned-Hearts-star-Goncalves-misses.5930552.jp#4745535)

That's great news - he's been one of their best players this season.

Teo10
22-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Great News. He has been their best player this year by a mile:agree:

Apart from Christian "scores a goal and becomes pele again because he scored against Arsenal" Nade obviously.

haagsehibby
22-12-2009, 11:12 AM
...as their long-throw expert is banned :thumbsup:

Is it just me or are foul throws a thing of the past ? Referees never seem to award them nowadays. In the case of Goncalves, I would say about 90% of his throws are foul throws. He either crosses the line with his foot or has one foot off the ground at the time of release, same was true for caveman Robbie.

Leithenhibby
22-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Can't see this anywhere else..

We won't have to worry too much about long throw-ins on the 3rd as Jose G is OUT...that's a big blow for the Yams :agree:

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Banned-Hearts-star-Goncalves-misses.5930552.jp

matty_f
22-12-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm happy he's out, he's their best player by a distance.

Hank Schrader
22-12-2009, 11:18 AM
I'm happy he's out, he's their best player by a distance.

Was just about to post something similar Matty.

He will be a big loss for them.

Sprouleflyer
22-12-2009, 11:22 AM

We won't have to worry too much about long throw-ins on the 3rd as Jose G is OUT...that's a big blow for the Yams :agree:

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Banned-Hearts-star-Goncalves-misses.5930552.jp

That is a big blow for Hearts, I think he has been their most consistant player of the season.

Zaliuskis (sp) will probably slot in, maybe the ref should just show him the red card when he runs out the tunnel?

Leithenhibby
22-12-2009, 11:28 AM
That is a big blow for Hearts, I think he has been their most consistant player of the season.

Zaliuskis (sp) will probably slot in, maybe the ref should just show him the red card when he runs out the tunnel?

:greengrin

Finding it hard to contain myself..This is a very BIG month for the Famous Edinburgh Hi-Bees...:cool2:

rainman
22-12-2009, 11:36 AM

This has all the markings of another derby day upset. Very similar to what we did last year.

H18sry
22-12-2009, 11:37 AM
This has all the markings of another derby day upset. Very similar to what we did last year.

BAH HUMBUG :xsmilesign:xsmilesign:rudolph:

ronaldo7
22-12-2009, 11:39 AM
Cue the Lithuanian Wrestler to take his place. Stokesy and co better wear two stips that day because Zaluseless is partial to a Hibs top or two.

MacBean
22-12-2009, 11:47 AM
has the "conspiracy against us" thread started on keekback yet?

can hear them all now " why the hibs game and not this weekend or midweek?"

:dummytit::dummytit:

hfc rd
22-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Brillaint news :thumbsup:. He has been there best player this season. Hopefully our strikers exploit this weakness.
:jamboak:
C'MON THE HIBS!!!

Hank Schrader
22-12-2009, 11:58 AM
[/B]

BAH HUMBUG :xsmilesign:xsmilesign:rudolph:

:greengrin

Leithenhibby
22-12-2009, 11:59 AM
:devil:

:greengrin My tongue is firmly in my cheek...:wink: but if we can only..:devil:

GreenCastle
22-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Great news :agree:

He was the best player on the pitch at the weekend.

I don't think we can be too confident for the derby as we know what that means but with Bamba and Goncalves missing then maybe it's even with a regular player at the back missing :greengrin

joe breezy
22-12-2009, 02:17 PM
HOBO CONSPRISY :grr: :wink:

ACLeith
22-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Is it just me or are foul throws a thing of the past ? Referees never seem to award them nowadays. In the case of Goncalves, I would say about 90% of his throws are foul throws. He either crosses the line with his foot or has one foot off the ground at the time of release, same was true for caveman Robbie.

There are also rules about where you can place your hands. He regularly slides one hand behind the ball, why don't they just let him throw it like an NFL quarterback ?

Saw Mowbray berating the 4th official on Sunday about this, did he not realise it's a pro-Yams conspiracy :wink:

lapsedhibee
22-12-2009, 02:40 PM
There are also rules about where you can place your hands. He regularly slides one hand behind the ball, why don't they just let him throw it like an NFL quarterback ?
Might as well, they're already letting one of plucky Hearts' "strikers" wear that game's Michelin-man padding. :agree:

HibbyAndy
22-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Tremendous news!

Get in.

ACLeith
22-12-2009, 03:19 PM
Might as well, they're already letting one of plucky Hearts' "strikers" wear that game's Michelin-man padding. :agree:

:top marks

Borders Hibby
22-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Suspended!:thumbsup:

EasterRoad4Ever
22-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Suspended!:thumbsup:

how often ahead of Derby matches do Hearts talk about missing players, injuries etc and lo and behold.. they play ? And we constantly fall for it.

They'll find a way of getting him to play ... somehow.

scoopyboy
22-12-2009, 04:33 PM
how often ahead of Derby matches do Hearts talk about missing players, injuries etc and lo and behold.. they play ? And we constantly fall for it.

I hope he does play.

Provided the game goes ahead on the scheduled date we would get the three points irrespective of the result.

They would get slaughtered as well, financially and possible points deduction.

Go on Shabby play him, you know you want to.

allmodcons
22-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Good news!

Goncalves suspended for derby. Defo their best player.

PISTOL1875
22-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Already mentioned but still good enough to read again.. :top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

allmodcons
22-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Already mentioned but still good enough to read again.. :top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

Apologies, I was only 2 hours behind everyone else !!

PISTOL1875
22-12-2009, 06:40 PM
Apologies, I was only 2 hours behind everyone else !!

Don't worry about it .. As I said , we are all pleased to read about it again...

forthhibby
22-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Cue the Lithuanian Wrestler to take his place. Stokesy and co better wear two stips that day because Zaluseless is partial to a Hibs top or two.

remember there's 2 games before derby, that's more than enough time for zaluseless to be sent off and suspended for derby

Hainan Hibs
22-12-2009, 07:53 PM

:agree:

Hoping out that they can't do anything about it because it's a suspension, but I lost count of the times De Vries and co were "injured" and definitely out only to make a miracle recovery in time.

I won't pay any attention to the Yam line-up until half an hour before kick off, because those ***** are always full of complete *****.

HibbyAndy
22-12-2009, 07:57 PM
:agree:

Hoping out that they can't do anything about it because it's a suspension, but I lost count of the times De Vries and co were "injured" and definitely out only to make a miracle recovery in time.

I won't pay any attention to the Yam line-up until half an hour before kick off, because those ***** are always full of complete *****.

I hear what your saying regardind De vries etc, BUT Goncalves is suspended, theres nae dange he will be playing.

Hainan Hibs
22-12-2009, 08:01 PM
I hear what your saying regardind De vries etc, BUT Goncalves is suspended, theres nae dange he will be playing.

Good stuff:thumbsup:

But still those yam ********s:grr::greengrin

HibbyAndy
22-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Good stuff:thumbsup:

But still those yam ********s:grr::greengrin

Bring it oan eh :greengrin

Ave nae festive spirit ATAW..its the 3rd of Jan i want! :agree:

Jaz
22-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Have we got anyone a booking or 2 away from a suspension?

scoopyboy
22-12-2009, 08:29 PM

Not sure without doing a bit of research but even if a player got booked against the cream buns they wouldn't be suspended against Hearts as the rule is the first game after 14 days from that offence.

A red against St. Johnstone would however mean missing the derby.

Kevvy1875
22-12-2009, 08:30 PM

Not sure but Bamba cannae be far away? Probs would have been worth taking a booking in the Sheep game seeing as he wouldnt have been available during his suspension.

scoopyboy
22-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Not sure but Bamba cannae be far away? Probs would have been worth taking a booking in the Sheep game seeing as he wouldnt have been available during his suspension.

Bamba got booked against the sheep. I think he only has 3 yellows.

Colin Nish has 1 red and 4 yellows and is the closest I think.

Sergey
23-12-2009, 12:38 PM
I've just had a nasty thought.

If the Falkirk Vs Yams relegation battle falls foul of the weather, will Goncalves be eligible to play in the derby?

matty_f
23-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Not sure without doing a bit of research but even if a player got booked against the cream buns they wouldn't be suspended against Hearts as the rule is the first game after 14 days from that offence.

A red against St. Johnstone would however mean missing the derby.

If the Falkirk Vs Yams relegation battle falls foul of the weather, will Goncalves be eligible to play in the derby?

Going by scoopyboy's post, he'd only be eligible if the Falkirk game was re-scheduled between 14 days of the caution and the derby. Not even sure if that's possible (i.e. can't be arsed looking up dates and that.:greengrin)

Onceinawhile
23-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Hilariously, he is only suspended because the game is on telly. If it was on the 2nd as it should have been, it would have been within the 14 days and he would have missed their next game. As it is, he misses the derby:thumbsup:

(from the metro)

Sprouleflyer
23-12-2009, 12:54 PM

No.

Only if the derby is postponed and then rescheduled later in the month, and if Hearts have played the number of games that he is suspended from, then he will be able to play.

The fact is that since his last booking that took him over the threshold, he is suspended 14 days after the last game (celtic), and that begins from the 3rd Jan.

NOLA
23-12-2009, 07:18 PM
so it will be Booozid and Zaly at the back then:take that