PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Deek&Bamba

CorrieHibs
22-12-2009, 08:04 AM
Hibernian will sell Derek Riordan to Burnley for £1.5 – £2.5 million during the January Transfer Window. If not January the end of the season. Additionally, Hibernian's Ivory Coast centre half Sol Bamba will be sold to Blackburn Rovers or Stoke City for an estimated £5 million in the summer. The price may rise depending on Bamba's performance at the world cup. Source's are genuine.

Hibernian manager John Hughes is to be given a relatively large transfer kitty to improve the current squad and to maintain a title challenge in the SPL. His target may be Darren Barr at Falkirk to bring him in as cover for defender Bamba as he is away at the African Cup of Nations. Scott Artfield is on Hughes' radar however Hibernian may not be able to compete to sign Artfield with many Championship clubs interested. Source's Genuine.

NOLA
22-12-2009, 08:07 AM
single fish!

M8UDB
22-12-2009, 08:08 AM
Hibernian will sell Derek Riordan to Burnley for £1.5 – £2.5 million during the January Transfer Window. If not January the end of the season. Additionally, Hibernian's Ivory Coast centre half Sol Bamba will be sold to Blackburn Rovers or Stoke City for an estimated £5 million in the summer. The price may rise depending on Bamba's performance at the world cup. Source's are genuine.

Hibernian manager John Hughes is to be given a relatively large transfer kitty to improve the current squad and to maintain a title challenge in the SPL. His target may be Darren Barr at Falkirk to bring him in as cover for defender Bamba as he is away at the African Cup of Nations. Scott Artfield is on Hughes' radar however Hibernian may not be able to compete to sign Artfield with many Championship clubs interested. Source's Genuine.

Can see Bamba leaving in the near future but really cant see Deek leaving. He has left before and has seen that the grass isnt greener on the other side so surely he will think twice if offered a move again, or at least ide like to think he would!! :dunno:

brydekirk
22-12-2009, 08:10 AM
double fish

Judas Iscariot
22-12-2009, 08:10 AM
More pearls of wisdom from Football Rumours aye :cool2:

Can we just ban/delete any pïsh that's posted on here from that site :rolleyes:

SidBurns
22-12-2009, 08:17 AM
Wouldn't wanna lose Deek but £5 million for Bamba, YES PLEASE!

BT58
22-12-2009, 08:17 AM
lettuce just wait till the window opens,,,,,,,this plaice will be full of rumours till then
cant wait fer what the glesgae medja are gonna come out with, as we are due to play der hun
mind you them huns, have no cash have they
hb

.Sean.
22-12-2009, 08:19 AM
Has absolutely ANYTHING from that place ever, ever came true? :confused:

5 million for Bamba? Granted, good player but... :faf:

Were do they get there rumours anyway, the local fish man? :devil:

Ell_Chrisso
22-12-2009, 08:43 AM
Hmm... i was seeing where you were coming from, right to the minute you mentioned 5 million for Bamba.
I know the boy is a good player, but even if a premiership team do want to buy him, they are not going to shell out 5 Million to get him from Hibs.
Its pretty obvious that Hibs would accept anything between 1.5 - 2 million pounds for him right now, so i don't know where that figure is coming from.

On the other hand, i have pretty good sources that we may see the likes of Welsh, Currie & McCormack all leave this Jan, either on loan, or to a permanent club. Kurtis Byrne also been mentioned aswell.

.Sean.
22-12-2009, 08:47 AM
Hmm... i was seeing where you were coming from, right to the minute you mentioned 5 million for Bamba.
I know the boy is a good player, but even if a premiership team do want to buy him, they are not going to shell out 5 Million to get him from Hibs.
Its pretty obvious that Hibs would accept anything between 1.5 - 2 million pounds for him right now, so i don't know where that figure is coming from.

On the other hand, i have pretty good sources that we may see the likes of Welsh, Currie & McCormack all leave this Jan, either on loan, or to a permanent club. Kurtis Byrne also been mentioned aswell.

I'd be surprised, can't see Yogi letting four of our most promising youngsters leave the club when they're barely out their teens.

scoopyboy
22-12-2009, 08:51 AM

Loans I would expect, permanent absolutely no chance.

.Sean.
22-12-2009, 08:55 AM
:agree:

Can't see Byrne or McCormack leaving, we don't have a huge squad and injuries and suspensions may well kick in in the new year and they have been given game time by Yogi, albeit not much.

Can definately see Currie and Welsh being shipped out on loan, most likely to a good First Division side, similar to Hanlon at St Johnstone last season.

Bostonhibby
22-12-2009, 08:56 AM
single fish!

A bit harsh, there's definitely a plaice for stories like this :wink:

Ell_Chrisso
22-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Yep, i expect loans aswell. But i know there are atleast 2 of them not so happy. And possibly going to move on. I don't see them all breaking through anyway, not all youngsters fill out there promise. Thats why a few have had a chance, and some haven't.
And before i get sauce etc, this is from a Former team-mate.

Cropley10
22-12-2009, 08:57 AM
More pearls of wisdom from Football Rumours aye :cool2:

Can we just ban/delete any pïsh that's posted on here from that site :rolleyes:

Everyday there's another thread started from that site. None of them have come true yet have they. Can't we just put these somewhere else please?

Perspective
22-12-2009, 09:11 AM
I'd also been told a few weeks back that Bamba and Riordan would be sold in January, but that it was nothing to do with paying for the new stand.

That money seems to have been ring-fenced from the Fletcher sale.

No details on clubs or fees, just that the decision was Yogi's.

Obviously can't say who told me but it was someone who would know.

truehibernian
22-12-2009, 09:12 AM
Scoopy..........I have now had two confirmations that Hibs have all but completed the signings of two players, one to be announced very soon into January, and also currently have (or did last week) four on trial at East Mains. Any word your way.

scott7_0(Prague)
22-12-2009, 09:14 AM

Liam, what genuine rumors site did you pick this up from. It was going so well until you said Yogi would get a "large transfer kitty to improve the current squad" :greengrin

Hibs7
22-12-2009, 09:17 AM
As much as I like Deeks, if the correct money came in and if he wanted to go and try and prove himself in the English league then good luck to him, as long as Yogi got money to get in another midfielder who had a higher work rate and would strengthen the McBride, Miller partnership, it may be the way to go.

Ronaldo9
22-12-2009, 09:18 AM
:agree:

Can't see Byrne or McCormack leaving, we don't have a huge squad and injuries and suspensions may well kick in in the new year and they have been given game time by Yogi, albeit not much.

Can definately see Currie and Welsh being shipped out on loan, most likely to a good First Division side, similar to Hanlon at St Johnstone last season.

Defo not going anywhere either on loan or permanent. Sauce, player himself, happens to be a mate.

MyJo
22-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Scoopy..........I have now had two confirmations that Hibs have all but completed the signings of two players, one to be announced very soon into January, and also currently have (or did last week) four on trial at East Mains. Any word your way.

Tinkler and the icelandic boy that was on trial :dunno:

CorrieHibs
22-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Liam, what genuine rumors site did you pick this up from. It was going so well until you said Yogi would get a "large transfer kitty to improve the current squad" :greengrin

The best website for Rumours. Football Rumours. :faf:

IWasThere2016
22-12-2009, 09:38 AM

:agree: All held in too high regard to leave permanently for now. Though these lads have to be seriously pressing for a first team place in the next 12 months or they could be moved on ..

MacBean
22-12-2009, 09:43 AM
Yep, i expect loans aswell. But i know there are atleast 2 of them not so happy. And possibly going to move on. I don't see them all breaking through anyway, not all youngsters fill out there promise. Thats why a few have had a chance, and some haven't.
And before i get sauce etc, this is from a Former team-mate.

**cough ** Ewan Moyes? ** cough **

Hibs7
22-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Tinkler and the icelandic boy that was on trial :dunno:

Wouldn't think so !

Steve20
22-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Selling Riordan would be madness.

poolman
22-12-2009, 10:28 AM

What a load of testicles

silverhibee
22-12-2009, 10:57 AM

Is the lad Ross from Dunfermline one of the players.

Ell_Chrisso
22-12-2009, 11:03 AM
**cough ** Ewan Moyes? ** cough **

Wrang. Come on, surely you know me better than that?

McSwanky
22-12-2009, 11:11 AM

I didn't believe any of that till you said "Source's are genuine." Now I believe you.

MacBean
22-12-2009, 11:24 AM

He was my second guess!

Great source!

hfc rd
22-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Sadly Sol Bamba will be sold after the world cup, so that looks very likely. Riordan - Not a chance. He won't want to make the same mistake twice in his career. I did hear Burnley were looking at Riordan, but one of my mates who is a Burnley fan says that they are now after Jermaine Beckford from Leeds United.

brydekirk
22-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Sadly Sol Bamba will be sold after the world cup, so that looks very likely. Riordan - Not a chance. He won't want to make the same mistake twice in his career. I did hear Burnley were looking at Riordan, but one of my mates who is a Burnley fan says that they are now after Jermaine Beckford from Leeds United.

what does your mate and the burnley fans think of flech ?

mjhibby
22-12-2009, 12:46 PM
I dont think deek will be leaving.The only player who might leave in january is bamba and that is only if yogi agrees,the price is big enough(£2.5m) and he has a replacement lined up.January is always a hard month to get players in but given the lack of money going about i would doubt it very much that a lot of transfers will happen.maybe a lot of loan players but thats it.

Hibs90
22-12-2009, 12:47 PM

What a load of tosh.

:jamboak::bye:

basehibby
22-12-2009, 01:26 PM

Would be a foolish move IMO - hence I'd be surprised if it were to happen. NO regular 1st team picks should be going ANYWHERE this january IMO. There are no big debts to pay off and hence there's no pressure to sell, so why run the risk of derailing what threatens to be a fantastic season and hence disenchanting a fanbase who have suffered so many kicks in the guts over the years - just as they're starting to learn to hope again :confused:

As stated it would be a stupid move IMO and I don't think this club is run by stupid people.

PISTOL1875
22-12-2009, 01:27 PM

£5million for Bamba ?? He's good but he's not that good....

Wotherspiniesta
22-12-2009, 05:24 PM

Paddy Deane?

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Bollox!, Deeks going nowhere and that's a fact

Holmesdale Hibs
22-12-2009, 06:52 PM
5 million for Bamba? Granted, good player but... :faf:

Agree, no danger that will be happening. 2M absolute max in my opinion, and that would have to include the Ivory Coast winning the African Nations.

The Deek move sounds more plausible but would be suprised if it happened in January.

Hainan Hibs
22-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Can't believe I still read these utter ***** threads that are obviously from football rumours, minutes of my life that I won't get back.

Last time I do it:grr:

HibbyAndy
22-12-2009, 07:02 PM

What complete and utter dross ?!

Why dont Hearts try and get Riordan?..oh yeah, not good enough :hilarious

Riordan will score more goals than Nade Wittenveen, Clum and Glen put together.

Stick that in yer pink pipe and smoke that you hearts ****.

Did you seriously believe any us would buy that keek?.

15 points behind the Cabbage and it aint even Xmas yet, bring on the 3rd January!

If i were a pubteamer id be mare worried what players are gonna be leaving Pinkcastle rather than any coming in.

Hibees ya bass...

scoopyboy
22-12-2009, 07:09 PM

15 points behind the Cabbage and it aint even Xmas yet, bring on the 3rd January!

If i were a pubteamer id be mare worried what players are gonna be leaving Pinkcastle rather than any coming in.

Hibees ya bass...

Sitting on that fence again mate.

Jump off it and tell us what you really feel.

he he he

HibbyAndy
22-12-2009, 07:15 PM

he he he

Am jumpin nae fence its snowin where i am :greengrin

IWasThere2016
22-12-2009, 07:18 PM

Hibees ya bass...

he he he

:greengrin

King Paddy
22-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Roirden Imho is not a midfielder, if he is sold for a player who has a better work ethic then it may benefit the team overall. Let's not kid ourselves we have been fortunate to have remained unbeaten for 12 games. Bamba will be a huge loss during the next month and i hate to say it but his unavailability due to ANC could scupper our chances of finishing top four. On the plus side Yogi is doing a superb job, and if gets some decent cash to reinvest from the sale's of Bamba/ Roirdon then i would feel more optimistic about the team.

Speedy
22-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Roirden Imho is not a midfielder, if he is sold for a player who has a better work ethic then it may benefit the team overall. Let's not kid ourselves we have been fortunate to have remained unbeaten for 12 games. Bamba will be a huge loss during the next month and i hate to say it but his unavailability due to ANC could scupper our chances of finishing top four. On the plus side Yogi is doing a superb job, and if gets some decent cash to reinvest from the sale's of Bamba/ Roirdon then i would feel more optimistic about the team.

:crazy: imho of course :greengrin

NaeTechnoHibby
22-12-2009, 11:40 PM
To let Derek go a second time would be madness and I think Rod knows that :agree:

I doubt we'll see anyone go, who's a first team player, in Jnauary :agree:

Nae sources :greengrin

FRes Hibbie
23-12-2009, 01:42 AM
The best website for Rumours. Football Rumours. :faf:

If you've actually posted this from a football rumours website then you're not only a complete and utter tool but also very, very sad.

ozziehibbie
23-12-2009, 01:49 AM
Have been hearing that Hibs are interested in Mitchel Langerak, the young Aussie keeper at Melbourne Victory. He's 21 and is widely tipped to go to the World Cup as Australia's back up keeper.

Captain Trips
23-12-2009, 07:46 AM
If anything I would be getting Riordan into office to make him one of the highest or highest paid players at ER ever. If you are going to be building a new stand you simply have to make sure you have quality on park or it will be wasted.

cockneymike
23-12-2009, 08:15 AM
£5million for Bamba ?? He's good but he's not that good....

I'd be inclined to agree, but there was a story in the evening standard down here last night saying that Sunderland are going to offer £8m for Michael Dawson of spurs - and he is humpty and at least as bombscareish as Sol, he also hasn't played any internationals yet. Therefore £5m for Sol all of a sudden doesn't sound so crazy... :cool2:

Ritchie
23-12-2009, 08:30 AM
why does £5m sound to much for Sol??

thats the least he should be going for.

some of the money getting thrown about for players is ridiculous now adays but bamba is a strong young centre half who is good in the air and with the ball at his feet.

he could easily be a regular for a EPL bottom half team plus he's a full international.

£5m is a reasonable price IMO.

Aldo
23-12-2009, 10:32 AM
If and IF this is true ???? then I would think it will be money plus add ons.
£5 million for big sol is peanuts cos of his potential. He is still young and has a good number of years to progress.

A good african cup of nations along with the Toure's Drogba's etc will make him better. Dont really want to loose him but if we do I am sure Hughes has someone lined up. We also have players that can fill in without much trouble ie Murray Hanlon.

My concern would be losing Zemmama but i am more than certain that young Wotherspoon would be able to fill in there.

Deek will go nowhere. He is home (as is Murray who I am also sure will sign a new contract).

.Sean.
23-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Hope Deeks doesnae get his League Winners medal engraved by you :devil:

Cropley10
23-12-2009, 11:59 AM
If we can remain unbeaten without Sol then we are (as Yogi might say) in for a 'right good season'.

I have to say I fear his absence could be a real blow. Lets hope not.

MyJo
23-12-2009, 12:18 PM
If we can remain unbeaten without Sol then we are (as Yogi might say) in for a 'right good season'.

I have to say I fear his absence could be a real blow. Lets hope not.

Hogg has come into some really good form over the past few weeks and whoever steps up to replace Bamba, Hanlon or McCormack maybe, will have a point to prove to show they deserve a place in the team.

Hopefully that will see us through a tough schedule :agree: