PDA

View Full Version : Sheep can't afford £20K, but Magoo still thinks they'll finish 3rd

Part/Time Supporter
22-12-2009, 07:58 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/motherwell/2009/12/22/we-can-t-afford-20k-to-sign-jim-o-brien-in-january-admits-aberdeen-boss-mark-mcghee-86908-21915312/

Jim wants to keep giving his best while still at Fir Park which is admirable. I doubt anything will happen soon as we haven't had any contact back from Motherwell. But from what I understand, if we want to take him in January they will require a small fee.

Well, we won't have a small fee to pay for him or anyone else and that's why I am lining things up for summer. If something happens quicker then great but I won't be holding my breath.

:greengrin

I don't think third is by any means outwith the bounds of possibility. I still believe there is the sort of performance in us that is capable of seeing off the likes of Dundee United. We need our best team available to do that but we have shown in matches just what we are capable of.

I think we would have beaten Hibs at Easter Road earlier this season if we had kept 11 players on the pitch. I'm not saying by any stretch of the imagination we should have won against them at Pittodrie last week. But I think we showed enough even in that match that it won't take much to tilt things the other way if we got the first goal against that Hibs team. It's a very thin line between winning and losing.

If we can do that there are plenty of games left to make up the gap because we have them to play another twice yet. We would have to beat Hibs twice to put more pressure on them but it's not outwith the realms of possibility.

Of course with each game that goes by without a win that makes it unlikely but I won't concede anything at this stage. I am convinced we have the ability in this squad to go on the winning run we need.

:faf:

He's hurting big time

GIRFUY

Keith_M
22-12-2009, 09:04 AM
To keep 11 players on the pitch at ER, they would have had to try playing football instead of the roughhouse tactics. If they'd done that, they would have lost, and Magoo knows it. Hence the tactic of trying to kick Hibs off the park.

Remind me again Mr Magoo, how many times has your club scored against Hibs so far this season?

.Sean.
22-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Don't use this word ofen, but...

WHAT A ****ING WALLY :faf:

Get it right ****ing up ye, ya squinty-mouthed **** :greengrin

lapsedhibee
22-12-2009, 09:48 AM
It's a very thin line between winning and losing.

Not really. :rules:

The goal line is roughly five inches thick. Which is quite thick, though not as thick as you. Hibs have crossed your goal line 4 times so far, and you have crossed theirs 0 times. Get somebody to do the math.

bigstu
22-12-2009, 11:08 AM
mcghee is a gob ***** ungracious toss pott

"lets all laugh at mark mcghee, HA HA HA HA"

Get it up you fatty :bye:

cockneymike
22-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Do you think that because Aberdeen are a one team city, that their managers have to be a rentaquote tube? In that Calderwood was always talking nonsense to the press, saying we're after this guy, and after that guy; and all the rest.

Now it's mcghee, I suppose the p&j needs something for it's back page, but seriously, the amount of rubbish he spouts is unbelievable.

I'm so glad the Hibs policy is we'll talk about it when it's done - it might be annoying, but at least you don't get stories like this, which is basically one gobby tube unsettling a player that plays for another gobby tube!

Big Frank
22-12-2009, 11:25 AM
I actually don't really mind the dandies. They have a distinct aversion to the yams and the huns. Their fans also did a great job with Dnipro for Kids. Their fans forums are always good for a laugh.

Have to say that they seem to have lost a little of their class since maghee was bumped by celtc.

Hibercelona
22-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Coming from the manager of a team thats only 1 point above the worlds greatest circus act. :dizzy:

Hainan Hibs
22-12-2009, 11:36 AM
He is still raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaging about the two defeats to Hibs:faf::thumbsup:

Another 2 coming your way Magoo, as long as you manage top 6:thumbsup:

down the slope
22-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Did he really say in the interview that he is not BLEATING about the transfer fee, it must be a joke.

matty_f
22-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Here is a short list of people I like more than I like Mark McGhee.

Hitler
Thatcher
Satan
Fred West
The guy off of the Phones 4 U adverts
Mikey Stewart
Harold Shipman

Mark McGhee is the reason voodoo was invented.:agree:

Hank Schrader
22-12-2009, 12:22 PM
I think we would have beaten Hibs at Easter Road earlier this season if we had kept 11 players on the pitch

Aye, and if my Auntie had baws etc etc

poolman
22-12-2009, 12:40 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/motherwell/2009/12/22/we-can-t-afford-20k-to-sign-jim-o-brien-in-january-admits-aberdeen-boss-mark-mcghee-86908-21915312/

He's hurting big time

GIRFUY

How does that mallet heid think that they would have won at ER :rolleyes:

Here's the stats from the game

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Live text and stats

Saturday, 31 October
HIBERNIAN ABERDEEN Possession
Hibernian 63% Aberdeen 37% Shots on target
Hibernian 6 Aberdeen 4 Shots off target
Hibernian 12 Aberdeen 1 Corners
Hibernian 7 Aberdeen 3 Fouls
Hibernian 10 Aberdeen 13

The man's a total bawbag :agree:

dirtydirk
22-12-2009, 12:46 PM
I dont really rate o'brien that much but for 20 grand it would be quite funny to Gazump Aberdeen just to annoy mcghee - he would make an ok squad player

Hibernian Verse
22-12-2009, 01:16 PM
I dont really rate o'brien that much but for 20 grand it would be quite funny to Gazump Aberdeen just to annoy mcghee - he would make an ok squad player

He's a good player that for 20k is definately worth it!

PISTOL1875
22-12-2009, 02:28 PM
We should try and sign O'Brien.. He would be a good addition to our squad...

Hibby70
22-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Here is a short list of people I like more than I like Mark McGhee.

Hitler
Thatcher
Satan
Fred West
The guy off of the Phones 4 U adverts
Mikey Stewart
Harold Shipman

Mark McGhee is the reason voodoo was invented.:agree:

Thats just plain ridiculous. I mean how on earth can anyone on this earth be a more hateful figure than the dark lord, beelzebub, azazel, the beast, the antichrist, prince of darkness... whatever you want to call the wee Jambo scrote.

matty_f
22-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Thats just plain ridiculous. I mean how on earth can anyone on this earth be a more hateful figure than the dark lord, beelzebub, azazel, the beast, the antichrist, prince of darkness... whatever you want to call the wee Jambo scrote.

Aye, fair point. :greengrin

The_Sauz
22-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Off topic, but from the same news article
MILLER GETS 3 GAME BAN :faf:

HibbyAndy
22-12-2009, 07:49 PM
MILLER GETS 3 GAME BAN :faf:

The biggest cheat to date in the SPL.

renato
22-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Don't really have a problem with the sheep, however Magoo is a graceless, classless, slavering jobbie.

GIRFUY ya tube :thumbsup:

Baw187
22-12-2009, 10:29 PM
I don't want to set hares running, but the last time I seen a post from Mr Magoo, it was an epic.

Anyone else worried?

...WentToMowAnSPL
22-12-2009, 10:29 PM

:top marks clearly he took it too far :greengrin

Saorsa
22-12-2009, 10:30 PM

He's hurting big time

GIRFUYWhat an erse he is :agree:

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9663/fingers.gif (http://img97.imageshack.us/i/fingers.gif/)

MILLER GETS 3 GAME BAN :faf::hilarious

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/7455/finger3.gif (http://img697.imageshack.us/i/finger3.gif/)