PDA

View Full Version : Following on from the Brazilians, Romario et Ronaldo....

Pedantic_Hibee
21-12-2009, 09:20 PM
I've decided to look a little closer to home and pull out another player capable of providing some game-defining moments.

We've all had a bash at Steven Fletcher for being prolifically one-footed, but when talking about the chap below, do you really need to be competent with your right boot when your other is capable of this?

"The Maradona of the Carpathians" is a fitting title to bestow on a man who would rarely feature in all-time top 100 of the world's greatest players for some bizarre reason.

Pour yourself a glass and set aside 7 minutes and 25 seconds to watch a left-foot that was as powerful as it was sublime.

Ladies and gentleman, I give you Mr Gheorghe Hagi....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mTnWfbXk28

HibbyAndy
21-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Truly world class player :agree:

Scored some unbelievable goals, enjoed that, cheers mate :aok:

'Mon the Hibs
21-12-2009, 09:34 PM
One of my favourit ever players :agree:

Was watching a review of USA 94 programme on ESPN classic, and he had a lot of respect from his peers. Never understood why he is somewhat overlooked amongst the greats. He was great in that tournament!

Great vid PH:top marks

NOLA
21-12-2009, 10:30 PM
the best left foot in the business!

MyJo
21-12-2009, 11:10 PM
another one-footed midget........wouldn't cut it at Hibs! :bitchy:

:devil::stirrer:

MWHIBBIES
21-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Nish can do that

on fifa 10.

Hainan Hibs
21-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Not Hibs Class:agree:

:greengrin

coco mc
22-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Hi guysfirst ever post but have always liked Reading

I was lucky enough to meet hagi a few years ago whilst In Buccharest.

He seemed a bit bemused by me acostong him in our hotel
stil have the pic somewhere I think he was with dan petrescu that same night thomas gravensenscored against Romania from the half way line

GGTH

Viva_Palmeiras
22-12-2009, 09:40 AM
What about Hristo Stiotchkov?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_i0LlEWcbo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsC6gsKSPWY&feature=PlayList&p=D3D6E30802815976&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=33

Never forget the Freekick against (West?) Germany - fantastic picture of Bodo Ilgner peaking at one end of the wall, whilst Hristo had bent it into the other side.

Booked4Being-Ugly
22-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Hi guysfirst ever post but have always liked Reading

I was lucky enough to meet hagi a few years ago whilst In Buccharest.

He seemed a bit bemused by me acostong him in our hotel
stil have the pic somewhere I think he was with dan petrescu that same night thomas gravensenscored against Romania from the half way line

GGTH Imagine him being bemused, cannae believe that *****! :confused:

Billychaotic182
22-12-2009, 03:39 PM
He makes the goalkeepers look awful

Pedantic_Hibee
22-12-2009, 11:02 PM
What about Hristo Stiotchkov?

Never forget the Freekick against (West?) Germany - fantastic picture of Bodo Ilgner peaking at one end of the wall, whilst Hristo had bent it into the other side.

He was my next subject ya pr1ck :grr::grr::grr:

:wink:

thekaratekid
22-12-2009, 11:16 PM
There was a good article about him in FourFourTwo a couple of months ago.

Great player :agree:

GhostofBolivar
22-12-2009, 11:28 PM

It was against Germany in the quarter-final of USA '94. He was outstanding that tournament. His goal against Mexico was phenomenal and he beat Germany pretty much through force of will alone.

The Germans gave him three chances to get the free kick right, too. He put the first over, the second wide and the third was spot on.

Hagi's problem was that he never performed that way at club level. He spent a lot of his career with Brescia, IIRC. He oozed talent when he was on his game, but never dominated for a long stretch. Dejan Savecevic was the same.