PDA

View Full Version : The huns game does look like selling out

hibs0666
21-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Whilst the guunts game is well on the way to selling out, it looks like there are a good number of tickets left for visit of Scotland's Shame. yet the huns game is the bigger and more important game of the two by a long, long way.

We have the chance to ruin their christmas and re-affirm our title credentials. More importantly we give our team a massive boost by coming out to see a packed and noisy home end.

Does anyone actually have a good excuse for not being there on Sunday? :wink:

Allant1981
21-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Whilst the guunts game is well on the way to selling out, it looks like there are a good number of tickets left for visit of Scotland's Shame. yet the huns game is the bigger and more important game of the two by a long, long way.

We have the chance to ruin their christmas and re-affirm our title credentials. More importantly we give our team a massive boost by coming out to see a packed and noisy home end.

Does having to look after the wee boy count?

hibs0666
21-12-2009, 06:50 PM

Nah wrap him up well, get him a lift-over and fill him with sugar every time he looks bored - it's a right of passage. :wink:

Allant1981
21-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Nah wrap him up well, get him a lift-over and fill him with sugar every time he looks bored - it's a right of passage. :wink:

Believe me i cant wait to take him to ER but i think the wife would kill me, he is only 1

HibbyAndy
21-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Believe me i cant wait to take him to ER but i think the wife would kill me, he is only 1

Ack get him in the East with me and the boys and we will show him the hibeesbounce :greengrin

hibs0666
21-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Ack get him in the East with me and the boys and we will show him the hibeesbounce :greengrin

There you go Super - babysitters sorted and everything. :thumbsup:

Broken Gnome
21-12-2009, 06:57 PM
As difficult as it is it complain about attendances these days, that is seriously disappointing.

Judas Iscariot
21-12-2009, 06:58 PM

Tell the wife to bolt and watch the bairn herself :agree:

You can get another wife but you can't get another team :wink:

Liam89
21-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Can't go because we're going to the saints game + the hearts game and can't afford all 3 just after xmas, i would go to the huns game instead of the saints but Mcdiarmid is just 10 minutes from me.

Barney McGrew
21-12-2009, 07:03 PM

Aye - a frickin wedding :grr::grr::grr:

hibs0666
21-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Can't go because we're going to the saints game + the hearts game and can't afford all 3 just after xmas, i would go to the huns game instead of the saints but Mcdiarmid is just 10 minutes from me.

Flog a couple of unwanted pressies on ebay to pay for the ticket, and get a lift down from StevieC in the Dnipromobile. Sorted! :thumbsup:

hibs0666
21-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Aye - a frickin wedding :grr::grr::grr:

Ach, they won't miss you if you're not there and you can always make up for it at the divorce party in a couple of years. :wink:

HibbyAndy
21-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Hibs need us fans to roar them on and be the 12th man!

Seriously we can be the difference between winning and losing, if you can make it along then get a ticket!

Dont wait, we CAN win this game, with our backing the boys can do it.:agree:

hibs0666
21-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Hibs need us fans to roar them on and be the 12th man!

Seriously we can be the difference between winning and losing, if you can make it along then get a ticket!

Dont wait, we CAN win this game, with our backing the boys can do it.:agree:

Yup - why should the players give a flying one if their supporters canny be arsed pitching up for the biggest league game in years?

HibbyAndy
21-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Yup - why should the players give a flying one if their supporters canny be arsed pitching up for the biggest league game in years?

Spot on :agree:

Cmon people, lets snap these tickets up!.

EskbankHibby
21-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Only place you can get 2 tickets together for the Huns game is in the East, still a few days to go.

Hopefully close to a sell out.

madhibby
21-12-2009, 07:19 PM
I expect it to be our biggest gate to date this season and we should get over 16,000.

So while it might not be a complete sell out (and there is plenty time until Sunday to sell the tickets) it wont be far off a full house

Hainan Hibs
21-12-2009, 07:20 PM

:bitchy:

Get the bairn to Easter Road ya big Jessie:greengrin

.Sean.
21-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Actually looking forward to the game more than Christmas itself :thumbsup:

Come on the Hibs, let's get the 3 points and send the Smellies home greeting!

HibbyAndy
21-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Actually looking forward to the game more than Christmas itself :thumbsup:

Come on the Hibs, let's get the 3 points and send the Smellies home greeting!

:agree:

The smellies and the Derby is my xmas :agree:

hibsbollah
21-12-2009, 07:26 PM

The only reason the derby is 'close to selling out' is because thousands of our seats have been snapped up by yams desperate to see their inevitable big win against us. This will be followed by the Big team's rightful rise through the league to 3rd place.

Dashing Bob S
21-12-2009, 07:28 PM
I really doubt I'll bother attending as I will still have the in-laws up from England staying with us. Basically, I would have taken them with us into the hospitality for any other game, but I just find it too depressing to explain to visitors to this country why Scottish football supporters are singing sectarian songs about ancient Ireland, flying Union flags, England flags and Red Hands of Ulster.

I honestly believe that people don't want their family festivities sullied even by association with all that rubbish, and that if we were playing Motherwell or Dundee United or Aberdeen or St Johnstone around Christmas, there would be around 1-2,000 more Hibs supporters in the stadium.

Spike Mandela
21-12-2009, 07:36 PM
12 O'Clock bloody kick off! Ridiculous:grr:

Allant1981
21-12-2009, 07:39 PM
:bitchy:

Get the bairn to Easter Road ya big Jessie:greengrin

u havent seen my wife! pretty scary when p!ssed off with me, which is normally 7 days of the week so i should really get a babysitter

GreenCastle
21-12-2009, 07:39 PM
I will be surprised if it doesn't sell out - we are still on Monday.

As for atmosphere I really hope it's bouncing - especially in the East - these early starts sometimes tend to be flat.

Biggest game of the season and not sure why if you were in Edinburgh and can afford it you wouldn't go.

:notworthy:

HibbyAndy
21-12-2009, 07:45 PM
12 O'Clock bloody kick off! Ridiculous:grr:

:bitchy::bitchy:

Just need to be a few cans on the bus :greengrin

:wink:

The_Todd
21-12-2009, 07:46 PM
I'll be there vs Hearts, I'll be there vs Irvine Meadow. I hate games against the Old Firm, their fans are a disgrace and the sight of them celebrating winning as much as a throw in makes me want to puke.

Ruin Christmas with a visit of the Huns? No ta.

Spike Mandela
21-12-2009, 07:50 PM
:bitchy::bitchy:

Just need to be a few cans on the bus :greengrin

You've no met our driver:shocked:

Hiber-nation
21-12-2009, 07:54 PM
I'll be there vs Hearts, I'll be there vs Irvine Meadow. I hate games against the Old Firm, their fans are a disgrace and the sight of them celebrating winning as much as a throw in makes me want to puke.

So you wouldn't go to a game of the opposition were favourites? Don't get it.

Cannot seriously believe we won't sell this one out, what is going on?

bingo70
21-12-2009, 08:00 PM

On the tele two days after christmas with a derby the next week, i can understand it TBH, lots of people won't be able to afford or justify both games so will chose one or the other and the derby will always take priority.

Russian Hibs Fan
21-12-2009, 08:28 PM
It should be sold out for sure!!!!!!

Pedantic_Hibee
21-12-2009, 08:34 PM
I'm hundreds of miles away.

I will however be carting the lady and the wee man to her mother's house and indulging in some pre-midday Stella's to prepare.

In terms of giving money to Hibs, I've forked out a fair wedge for Xmas via the online store to promote the Hibee brand to the folk down here.

Keith_M
21-12-2009, 08:35 PM

Naw, that's pathetic!!!!!

Keith_M
21-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Biggest game of the season and not sure why if you were in Edinburgh and can afford it you wouldn't go.

There's my problem right there.....

I'll be away for Christmas, seeing the Burd for the first time in a month and spending the holidays in Salzburg having lots of...ehm...well...visiting the tourist areas :wink:

Oi, that's not what I meant by tourist areas :grr:

Carheenlea
21-12-2009, 08:59 PM
I assumed this game was sold out, and find it amazing that a game of this magnitude has tickets still for sale. Mind you, in saying that I won`t be there myself! In Galway at the In Laws for the festive season, but at least have managed to get a flight back from Shannon on the morning of the derby.

(I`ll leave it a few days before starting an "Anyone know what pubs will be showing the game in Galway? thread..)

bobbyhibs1983
21-12-2009, 09:01 PM

The smellies and the Derby is my xmas :agree:

Only if we win btw:devil:

I hate going to work after either the smellies or heartz beat us,

what a great xmas if we win both.

As said on alot of posts alot of people just cannot afford it, or if they have £27 or whatever left and have a choice of soemthing like putting it towards food or heating or the morgage payment of the rangers game, i would never say your a less fan if you paid for the morgage or food for your family,instead or a match ticket

I know alot of people say that reducing prices does not work, But have hibs tried this?I know at the start of the season the st's were slightly lower but what if they knocked off £100?
I know a 100x 1000 st's is alot of money,

i know a few seasons ago motherwell reduced there prices but i feel hibs have a bigger support.

Is it worth hibs saying ok for games x,y,z we will put prices at £10 for an adult and a £5 for a kid to see if there is an inprovement?

if not then well,

Keith_M
21-12-2009, 09:04 PM
(I`ll leave it a few days before starting an "Anyone know what pubs will be showing the game in Galway? thread..)

Anyone know what pubs in Salzburg are showing the Hibs v Huns game?

Antifa Hibs
21-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Sad to say but if them across the city were in our position playing ra Rangers at home, they would sell out no bother. Quite easily infact.

Antifa Hibs
21-12-2009, 09:07 PM

No offence, but instead of posting yer ****** excuses you should just keep quiet as they are getting embarrassing.

A few weeks ago you didn't goto a home game as you were christmas shopping. Now your not going to a football match that is *** massive for us incase the big bad rangers men sing a few stupid songs. Unreal!!

vahibbie
21-12-2009, 09:07 PM
I'll be watching it on HibsTV.
Then jumping on a plane a few hours later back to sunny Edinburgh:greengrin
Will be at Perth and got tickets for the Derby already sorted...can even squeeze in the SC tie before coming back here:thumbsup:

bingo70
21-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Only if we win btw:devil:

I hate going to work after either the smellies or heartz beat us,

what a great xmas if we win both.

As said on alot of posts alot of people just cannot afford it, or if they have £27 or whatever left and have a choice of soemthing like putting it towards food or heating or the morgage payment of the rangers game, i would never say your a less fan if you paid for the morgage or food for your family,instead or a match ticket

I know alot of people say that reducing prices does not work, But have hibs tried this?I know at the start of the season the st's were slightly lower but what if they knocked off £100?
I know a 100x 1000 st's is alot of money,

i know a few seasons ago motherwell reduced there prices but i feel hibs have a bigger support.

Is it worth hibs saying ok for games x,y,z we will put prices at £10 for an adult and a £5 for a kid to see if there is an inprovement?

if not then well,

The problem with that is that it'd make a season ticket less appealing if it turns out to be better value not to have one, it may well make people think twice when it comes to renewing.

Hibs did possibly miss a trick by not offering a christmas package with a discount for going to both games but i'm sure we'll either sell out anyway or get close enough to it to make discounted tickets unneccessary.

bobbyhibs1983
21-12-2009, 09:13 PM
The problem with that is that it'd make a season ticket less appealing if it turns out to be better value not to have one, it may well make people think twice when it comes to renewing.

Hibs did possibly miss a trick by not offering a christmas package with a discount for going to both games but i'm sure we'll either sell out anyway or get close enough to it to make discounted tickets unneccessary.

ye i understand where your coming from, its just im sure everyone from a st holder to somone who can make a few games a season feel that prices are too high.

I understand that for hibs to have a bigger budget is to have alot of money in and the best way for hibs to do that is have highish prices, i mean that in the sense, like its not cheap but not like toooo expensive.

bingo70
21-12-2009, 09:18 PM
ye i understand where your coming from, its just im sure everyone from a st holder to somone who can make a few games a season feel that prices are too high.

I understand that for hibs to have a bigger budget is to have alot of money in and the best way for hibs to do that is have highish prices, i mean that in the sense, like its not cheap but not like toooo expensive.

We're losing money every year though (excluding player sales) and when ticket money is our main source of income we need to maximise it and there's no evidence to suggest cheaper tickets would bring in bigger crowds, if we can sell out, or get close to a sell out charging what we do it wouldn't make sense to reduce ticket prices.

If there's an entertaining team on the park people will pay to see them, if there's a pish team on the park they won't and making it £5 or so cheaper won't make any difference IMO.

Cropley10
21-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Christmas on Friday - nae fitba on Saturday. Game at Sunday 12pm still leaves plenty of time after to do the whole Xmas thing after.

Can't understand what's keeping folk away...?

The only stick the Yam's have left with which to beat us with is our attendance figures, especially when we're doing well. If this isn't a sell-out when will we??:confused:

blackpoolhibs
21-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Can i apologise now, i will be in London and will miss the huns game. Sorry.

Hibster
21-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Christmas on Friday - nae fitba on Saturday. Game at Sunday 12pm still leaves plenty of time after to do the whole Xmas thing after.

The only stick the Yam's have left with which to beat us with is our attendance figures, especially when we're doing well. If this isn't a sell-out when will we??:confused:

sitting in the vicinity of 3,000 huns probably doesn't fit in with a lot of people's idea of a merry christmas

I'm going, can understand people who pick and choose their games giving priority to the Hearts game though

The_Todd
21-12-2009, 09:37 PM
No offence, but instead of posting yer ****** excuses you should just keep quiet as they are getting embarrassing.

A few weeks ago you didn't goto a home game as you were christmas shopping. Now your not going to a football match that is *** massive for us incase the big bad rangers men sing a few stupid songs. Unreal!!

Righto. Understood. Hibs.net is only for folk who agree with you. Got it.

The_Todd
21-12-2009, 09:45 PM

I've been to and will carry on going to games where we're not favourites, I just hate Huns.

As I said it's not as if I'm not going to other matches over the festive period, but it seems I'm a lesser fan now because over Christmas I need to spend my time and money a little more wisely.

Hibby70
21-12-2009, 09:46 PM

But seeing their faces when they get beat - well you just cant top that. Get yourself along - its what being a Hibee is all about.

hibsbollah
21-12-2009, 10:00 PM

I'll be there, but it really doesnt bother me if haerts have a bigger attendance than us or who sells out and who doesnt. Guaranteed if we did sell out for these games there would be folk complaining that we were all glory hunters:faf:

renato
21-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Cannae wait for Sunday, huge game :thumbsup:

This one's a no brainer....biggest game of the season, chance to go 2 points off the top and we can stick one up the currants who are in decent form just now.

Scary to think where we are now compared to last year.

down-the-slope
21-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Sorry but 12pm does not suit as it means I will miss Sunday lunch which is really not good for my constitution. Also It will be the traditional 3rd time reheated Turkey and all the trimmings day which makes it particulary important I don't miss it

Lucius Apuleius
22-12-2009, 04:38 AM
Sorry but 12pm does not suit as it means I will miss Sunday lunch which is really not good for my constitution. Also It will be the traditional 3rd time reheated Turkey and all the trimmings day which makes it particulary important I don't miss it

And you will no doubt be having to stay very very close to a useable toilet if you have reheated turkey three times:wink::agree:

Personally the fact I am in Nigeria kinds discounts my ability to attend. Sorry-o.

Petrie's Tache
22-12-2009, 04:42 AM
And you will no doubt be having to stay very very close to a useable toilet if you have reheated turkey three times:wink::agree:

Personally the fact I am in Nigeria kinds discounts my ability to attend. Sorry-o.

Pish!!

Bristolhibby
22-12-2009, 07:39 AM
Flying up Boxing Day on the 0700 flight from Bristol. I will be at the game, with most of my extended family. Cant wait.
J

Judas Iscariot
22-12-2009, 07:52 AM
Flying up Boxing Day on the 0700 flight from Bristol. I will be at the game, with most of my extended family. Cant wait.
J

Boxing day :grr:

Part timer :bitchy:

I'll actually be camping outside ER on Xmas eve just to ensure I get my seat ok for Sunday..

Seriously though I can't understand why, if they CAN make the game, folk choose not to go :confused:

Obviously the time of year means people have other things to do and commitments but if you just don't want to go cos it's too cold or the big bad Huns scare you or you have the mother in law coming round for post Xmas pre New Year brunch.. :cool2:

I just don't get that :dunno:

Not wanting to start a überfan debate or anything but I'd happily risk a wee bit festive dissappointment on the off chance we might pump the Huns and keep our title bid on track until 2010 :wink:

Keith_M
22-12-2009, 08:00 AM
Is this not the point that somebody usually asks where the rest of the 38,000 people we took to the League Cup Final against Livi have gone?

MB62
22-12-2009, 08:21 AM
J

If you're flying up boxing day, you'll miss the game by a day as boxing day is Monday :wink:

Nobody needs an excuse for not going, attending football games is not compulsory.

A few reasons for people maybe not able wanting to attend,

A Sunday, noon kick-off, live on the telly, two days after Christmas.

However, this is without doubt our biggest game of the season so far and I feel the club deserve our support and we will be there shouting on the Hibees.
The next 3 games will go a long way in letting us know how good, bad or indifferent we are. Bamba will be a huge miss for us but I'm sure he missed out at Greyskull and we drew with them, so why not beat them this time around without him.

GGTTH

Joe Baker II
22-12-2009, 08:27 AM

Precisely, I was not going to bother with Rangers game as I hate 12 pm kick offs.

But reading the 2 daft posts above about Rangers supporters singing songs (in fact an excuse for the sanctimonious self-righteousness which is an odious characterisitc of a vociferous minority of Hibs fans) I have decided to go on Sunday as we need our support out for this game!

Judas Iscariot
22-12-2009, 08:27 AM
Bamba played at Greyskull did he not :confused:

I'm sure Boyd went over near the end in the box after big Sol had just looked at him :wink:

Bristolhibby
22-12-2009, 08:43 AM
Follow on from my Boxing day post. I dont get up to Edinburgh that often, and always try to get up for Boxing Day to see the family at Christmas, and also watch the Hibees.

I have been to (name a few)
the 6-1 drubbing at Parkhead.
Couple of years ago defeat to Killy at Rugby Park.
Last years debacle v Killy.
The Deano punching game at the PBS.
Huns at Ipox circa 1993.
Dissapointing 1-1 draw against Partick.

In fact the only boxing day game I have misses was about 5 years ago away to ICT. Just really could not justify dragging my bro and Dad up through a sleet storm to Inverness, for our enevitable defeat. (Thank *** thay are relegated).

Love the Boxing Day game, just a shame it is not on Boxing Day and is a 12:00 KO this year. However expected this when the fixtures were announced.

J

crash
22-12-2009, 08:48 AM

Won't ruin your christmas as we dont play them till the 27th. Your teams efforts this season and need for support surely outweighs any pathetic excuses for not attending.:grr:

.Sean.
22-12-2009, 08:52 AM
Cannae wait for Sunday, huge game :thumbsup:

This one's a no brainer....biggest game of the season, chance to go 2 points off the top and we can stick one up the currants who are in decent form just now.

Scary to think where we are now compared to last year.

Agreed 100%

HUGE game, much more important season-wise :agree:

In saying that, i'd still rather beat Hearts... nothing better than pumping them at New Year and sending them away home with a sour pus :greengrin

MB62
22-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Bamba played at Greyskull did he not :confused:

I'm sure Boyd went over near the end in the box after big Sol had just looked at him :wink:

Aye yer right, not like me to be wrong but I'm wrong again :wink: :greengrin

Ach well, we'll just need to gubb them anyway.

Cabbage East
22-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Very few huns tickets left now and yams tickets sold out. Ticket office was heaving this morning.

hibs0666
22-12-2009, 09:12 AM
Very few huns tickets left now and yams tickets sold out. Ticket office was heaving this morning.

The thread has worked then. :)

Cabbage East
22-12-2009, 09:14 AM
The thread has worked then. :)

A treat :greengrin

CorrieHibs
22-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Sad to say but if them across the city were in our position playing ra Rangers at home, they would sell out no bother. Quite easily infact.

Yeh sad of state of affairs but would agree with u. I think our support is terrible. Aberdeen and Hearts would defo sell out if they were in our position

Ringothedog
22-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Yeh sad of state of affairs but would agree with u. I think our support is terrible. Aberdeen and Hearts would defo sell out if they were in our position

What is it with all this negative pash. There are still 5 days until the game is played. There are probably only about a 1000 tickets left. And as for aberdeen selling out if in our position...............aye right!!

pacorosssco
22-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Canny wait back for two weeks tomorrow and will be at all games

Even converted a tim who lives here in holland to the hibs cause and he will travel from the west on boxing day to have a pint then go the 27th to the Leith San Siro for the first time ever as a converted Hibey

blackpoolhibs
22-12-2009, 09:40 AM
Canny wait back for two weeks tomorrow and will be at all games

Even converted a tim who lives here in holland to the hibs cause and he will travel from the west on boxing day to have a pint then go the 27th to the Leith San Siro for the first time ever as a converted Hibey

Is that a half way house, before the convertion to full Hibby? :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
22-12-2009, 09:45 AM
If you're flying up boxing day, you'll miss the game by a day as boxing day is Monday :wink:

Nobody needs an excuse for not going, attending football games is not compulsory.

A few reasons for people maybe not able wanting to attend,

A Sunday, noon kick-off, live on the telly, two days after Christmas.

However, this is without doubt our biggest game of the season so far and I feel the club deserve our support and we will be there shouting on the Hibees.
The next 3 games will go a long way in letting us know how good, bad or indifferent we are. Bamba will be a huge miss for us but I'm sure he missed out at Greyskull and we drew with them, so why not beat them this time around without him.

GGTTH

Are you the same poster that was not going to games cause we were not playing very well???

Now we are 3rd you are having a go at other posters?

The club always needs our support no matter how bad or how good they are playing, some just seem to only want to follow when things are going well....

cockneymike
22-12-2009, 10:01 AM
I'm back up from London for Christmas, and looking forward to my first games of the season, huns, stj, and yams. For those in Edinburgh all the time, I can understand perhaps being able to justify to themselves not being able to go; but for me, having not been able to get back up to Leith since July - seeing as much of the Hibees as I can, is an absolute priority! I cannae wait!

blackpoolhibs
22-12-2009, 10:02 AM
There will be more than what we normally get at the game on the 27th, whats the problem?:confused:

MB62
22-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Are you the same poster that was not going to games cause we were not playing very well???

Now we are 3rd you are having a go at other posters?

The club always needs our support no matter how bad or how good they are playing, some just seem to only want to follow when things are going well....

I'm not having a go at anybody, as you may have spotted if you had read my whole post properly. Going to football, regardless of how well or otherwise your team is playing, is a personal choice of the individual. My personal choice now is, I'm going because I think they deserve my support. Under Mixu, what was on offer was so bad, I couldn't bare to go and watch it.
Others obviously have different opinions on this but as long as they don't start telling me how to spend my cash, I won't tell them how to spend theirs.

Cropley10
22-12-2009, 10:07 AM
A question for ST holders who aren't going (for whatever reason) - if you're not going have you given your card to someone else, or will your seat be empty??

At the end of the day every seat should be taken...:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
22-12-2009, 10:09 AM
I'm not having a go at anybody, as you may have spotted if you had read my whole post properly. Going to football, regardless of how well or otherwise your team is playing, is a personal choice of the individual. My personal choice now is, I'm going because I think they deserve my support. Under Mixu, what was on offer was so bad, I couldn't bare to go and watch it.
Others obviously have different opinions on this but as long as they don't start telling me how to spend my cash, I won't tell them how to spend theirs.

So are you a self confessed glory hunter then?

MB62
22-12-2009, 10:15 AM
So are you a self confessed glory hunter then?

Depends on what you mean by glory hunting.

If you mean, Am I only going along to watch Hibs winning trophies, then the answers obviously NO.

If you mean, Am only going along now because Hibs are at last playing decent stuff and getting results, then the answer would be, That is definitely helping get me along.

However, it's more the case that I couldn't stand watching Hibs play hoofball under Mixu. I suffered that for more than 10 years under Mogadon Miller and I wasn't prepared to watch it again.

That's me, what about You?

Baldy Foghorn
22-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Depends on what you mean by glory hunting.

If you mean, Am I only going along to watch Hibs winning trophies, then the answers obviously NO.

If you mean, Am only going along now because Hibs are at last playing decent stuff and getting results, then the answer would be, That is definitely helping get me along.

However, it's more the case that I couldn't stand watching Hibs play hoofball under Mixu. I suffered that for more than 10 years under Mogadon Miller and I wasn't prepared to watch it again.

That's me, what about You?

I like you hated the football under Mixu, but still kept my faith, and supported
the team.......Support through the good and bad times is what it's all about

Antifa Hibs
22-12-2009, 10:23 AM
What is it with all this negative pash. There are still 5 days until the game is played. There are probably only about a 1000 tickets left. And as for aberdeen selling out if in our position...............aye right!!

Course they would. There was about 18000 at Aberdeen v Hearts Boxing Day last year!!

MB62
22-12-2009, 10:25 AM
I like you hated the football under Mixu, but still kept my faith, and supported
the team.......Support through the good and bad times is what it's all about

And do you honestly believe that if everybody had taken your stance and turned up every week to watch that stuff, the board would have taken the decision they did to get rid of Mixu?
Unfortunately, supporting the team is sometimes detrimental to supporting the club and if you knew me personally, you would realise that I don't sit on my :asshole: waiting for change, I do something about it.

I'm not saying your wrong in paying your money every week, regardless of how well the team is playing, but it takes different actions to move the club forward, and again unfortunately, hitting the money men where it hurts is one of THE main actions a supporter can take.
And before you ask, I have taken a lot more actions than just that in my younger days.

CorrieHibs
22-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Course they would. There was about 18000 at Aberdeen v Hearts Boxing Day last year!!

Aberdeen would defo sell out if in our position. They have a bigger fan base than us. They can sell out 22k when doing well and playing the old firm nae bother.

Baldy Foghorn
22-12-2009, 10:31 AM
And do you honestly believe that if everybody had taken your stance and turned up every week to watch that stuff, the board would have taken the decision they did to get rid of Mixu?
Unfortunately, supporting the team is sometimes detrimental to supporting the club and if you knew me personally, you would realise that I don't sit on my :asshole: waiting for change, I do something about it.

I'm not saying your wrong in paying your money every week, regardless of how well the team is playing, but it takes different actions to move the club forward, and again unfortunately, hitting the money men where it hurts is one of THE main actions a supporter can take.
And before you ask, I have taken a lot more actions than just that in my younger days.

Sorry but I don't buy into your theory........

Judas Iscariot
22-12-2009, 10:32 AM
:singing: "We'll support you ever more!!" :singing:

Please Note, This isn't the case if any of the following apply ;

If it's too cold

It's during the festive period

The big bad Huns are at ER and will be singing their nasty songs

The mother in law is coming round for afternoon tea

It's a early kick off

And

We're not playing well..

:cool2:

EskbankHibby
22-12-2009, 10:36 AM

:rolleyes:

MB62
22-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Sorry but I don't buy into your theory........

Fair do's, that's what it's all about, opinions.

Big Frank
22-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Aberdeen would defo sell out if in our position. They have a bigger fan base than us. They can sell out 22k when doing well and playing the old firm nae bother.

they have a bigger fan base than Hibernian?

:faf:

your young. I'll let you off:wink:

berwickhibee
22-12-2009, 11:03 AM
they have a bigger fan base than Hibernian?

your young. I'll let you off:wink:

here here, our fan base allows 40,000 to travel to hampden,aberdeen can only dream of that:thumbsup: but i agree we shud have big home games sold out more often,still time though to sell out huns and yams.:notworthy:

CorrieHibs
22-12-2009, 11:08 AM
here here, our fan base allows 40,000 to travel to hampden,aberdeen can only dream of that:thumbsup: but i agree we shud have big home games sold out more often,still time though to sell out huns and yams.:notworthy:

Where were those 40k when we played Hearts in the semi final of the scottish cup?

Judas Iscariot
22-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Where were those 40k when we played Hearts in the semi final of the scottish cup?

Defo Troll or Yam Fud :agree:

Ringothedog
22-12-2009, 11:14 AM

New Corrie
22-12-2009, 11:18 AM

Sadly I am working, and the following Sunday:grr: Going to be missing quite a few games. looking at the fixtures I will only manage St Johnstone, Irvine Meadow and our midweek visit to the Knew Camp to play the Enemies Of The State.

berwickhibee
22-12-2009, 11:20 AM

our fan base allows us to take 40,000 and shows our potential,whereas the semi we took 20,000,when we were awful,game on tv and a whole team missing injured.:wink:

but thats history now,the future is green and white,while the maroon muppets have no future:thumbsup: ive just sent vlad an xmas card,because he deserves it more than most for making it a very HIBEE CHRISTMAS:lolyam::brokenyam::titanic:

Hibs Spain
22-12-2009, 11:22 AM

Does anyone actually have a good excuse for not being there on Sunday? :wink: Christmas, on telly, 12 noon kick off etc etc .. Anyone know where'll be open before the game?

CorrieHibs
22-12-2009, 11:23 AM

Lucius Apuleius
22-12-2009, 12:02 PM
Pish!!

Eh?

Thigh ar la
22-12-2009, 02:58 PM
I phoned up the ticket office earlier and apparently only East Stand seats (being able to sit together) remain.
However, when I asked whether I could register as its a category A game I was told i could not incase I was a Rangers fan wanting to buy tickets for the Hibs end. I have resisted registering and going to the bigger games out of principle but when I actually want to I cant.
This is pretty ridicilous if there are empty seats left and what other entertainment business dosent want to sell as many tickets as possible?

marinello59
22-12-2009, 03:17 PM

Garbage. How many sell outs has Pittodrie had in the last ten years? Precious few.

andyf5
22-12-2009, 04:03 PM
I phoned up the ticket office earlier and apparently only East Stand seats (being able to sit together) remain.
However, when I asked whether I could register as its a category A game I was told i could not incase I was a Rangers fan wanting to buy tickets for the Hibs end. I have resisted registering and going to the bigger games out of principle but when I actually want to I cant.
This is pretty ridicilous if there are empty seats left and what other entertainment business dosent want to sell as many tickets as possible?

I think this is OTT too. However they have relaxed their rules so that anyone registered can buy a number of tickets. Previously you had to name everyone with a ticket and have them registered. I got 4 for the Rangers game....

blackpoolhibs
22-12-2009, 04:15 PM

Well it looks like your principles have come back to kick you squarely in the baws. FWIW, i cant think of any principle i have that would stop me registering with hibs. They have a set of rules you have to abide with, if you want to purchase a ticket for certain games. Why would anyone be against this?:confused:

GreenCastle
22-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Well it looks like your principles have come back to kick you squarely in the baws. FWIW, i cant think of any principle i have that would stop me registering with hibs. They have a set of rules you have to abide with, if you want to purchase a ticket for certain games. Why would anyone be against this?:confused:

I agree - we all know the reasons why and I would rather they have this registering issue than a bunch of huns next to me.

They have done this for a while now and seems to have worked ok.

I agree supporters are better than no supporters - especially if you are say from abroad and want to go to a bigger game at ER.

Maybe if you showed ID then you could register as any issues they would then have they would trace back to the person = lifetime ban from ER ? :confused:

Kaiser_Sauzee
22-12-2009, 04:28 PM

This boy is a pink seat sniffer.

Get him tae ****.

gorgie_harp
22-12-2009, 05:12 PM

:lolyam::protest:
yam choob me thinks.

Big Frank
22-12-2009, 05:21 PM

Defo.

Speedy
22-12-2009, 05:31 PM
I'll be there but I feel like I should apologise in advance because the last game I was at was the Saints cup game.

Judas Iscariot
22-12-2009, 05:43 PM
This boy is a pink seat sniffer.

Get him tae ****.

:lolyam::protest:
yam choob me thinks.

Defo.

Oh aye :jamboak:

LTYF

ArabHibee
22-12-2009, 06:14 PM
A question for ST holders who aren't going (for whatever reason) - if you're not going have you given your card to someone else, or will your seat be empty??

:bitchy: Not transferrable - it's in the :rules:

:whistle:

lEXO
22-12-2009, 06:31 PM

I,m missing both games due to work, but two of my mates are splitting the games between them.I,m pissed off that they have both been moved to the sundays for tv,as i would have made the derby if it was,nt moved.My mates on the other hand are chuffed as they get a freeby for the biggests games.

Barney McGrew
22-12-2009, 06:37 PM

Not true.

They've only had two crowds over 20k (and by a hundred or so each time) in the last ten years in league games. They couldn't even sell out at home to Bayern Munich FFS.

GC
22-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Wont be there with the wee one just being born.

Mine and laddies season ticket have been given to a mate though so at least our support has been replaced.

Hearts game however, I will be back in full voice.

Hopefully we sell out, the team deserve it.

jgl07
22-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Which is why they had over 9,000 there last weekend!

Ringothedog
22-12-2009, 06:44 PM

And their average crowds prove this...I dont think! They have a bigger stadium and allow up to 6k away fans and still have smaller crowds. I would suggest its time to stop talking out yer erse and head back to kickback where you can live out your grand delusions of world cup stars,ww 1 victories and champions league wins. Leave us wee teamers to enjoy our "wee" run of success

HibbyAndy
22-12-2009, 06:47 PM

Jog on Pink seater :bye::bye::bye:

monktonharp
22-12-2009, 09:15 PM
if you are making an "excuse" well,some of them are pretty lame,to me. why bother annoying others that are commiting themselves to back Hibernian in such an important match? personally looking forward to this one very much,having my auldest boy and his two wee yins ,up fi Wales and gaun tae the game:thumbsup:

joe breezy
22-12-2009, 10:10 PM
I'm going to try and buy corporate tickets tomorrow if possible, our web-site doesn't seem to include these anymore - anyone know if they still do them? they used to be about £45

Petrie's Tache
22-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Eh?

I meant pish excuse. Nigeria isn't that far to travel and get back for your work!

Probs have used a smiley at the end of the first post.:greengrin

Sir David Gray
22-12-2009, 10:31 PM

I may be totally wrong here but could you not register with the database by buying a ticket for the Irvine Meadow game and then buy a ticket for the Rangers game as you will then be on the database? :confused:

Carheenlea
22-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Sadly I am working, and the following Sunday:grr: Going to be missing quite a few games. looking at the fixtures I will only manage St Johnstone, Irvine Meadow and our midweek visit to the Knew Camp to play the Enemies Of The State.

Why is the Hun nickname for Celtc Park being being used on here?

HIBERNIALEITH
22-12-2009, 11:09 PM
My excuse......well after spending all my dosh on the kids prezzies I don't have the proverbial pot to pee in!!!!

So will be watching in the hoose :boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

New Corrie
22-12-2009, 11:14 PM
OTT???? Which bit is OTT? Calling members of my family "Scotland's Shame" or daring to have a dig at Smellsick's disgusting past?

Carheenlea
22-12-2009, 11:33 PM
OTT???? Which bit is OTT? Calling members of my family "Scotland's Shame" or daring to have a dig at Smellsick's disgusting past?

I never saw your deleted, post so not sure of the content.

Whatever the reasons for your strong hatred of Celtic (and don`t get me wrong, I`m no lover of anything Celtic), I found your name for Celtic Park out of place on a Hibernian messageboard.

Thigh ar la
23-12-2009, 12:59 AM

I see what your saying and admittedly I dont make it along to the chosen ground as much as I´d like. I also thank you all for your help in getting by this ´rule´but that really is my point! Football in Scotland should be as accessible as possible particularly in in the country where we are hardly having to lock anyone out of any stadium even on the biggest of games.
Also, my principles go along the lines of not having to give information to anyone when I can help it because that is the way I like it..
I will get a ticket as you suggested through my mate who is registered but you see my point?

Lucius Apuleius
23-12-2009, 04:34 AM
I meant pish excuse. Nigeria isn't that far to travel and get back for your work!

Probs have used a smiley at the end of the first post.:greengrin

:greengrin Ok I'll let you off this time then :wink:

blackpoolhibs
23-12-2009, 07:52 AM
I see what your saying and admittedly I dont make it along to the chosen ground as much as I´d like. I also thank you all for your help in getting by this ´rule´but that really is my point! Football in Scotland should be as accessible as possible particularly in in the country where we are hardly having to lock anyone out of any stadium even on the biggest of games.
Also, my principles go along the lines of not having to give information to anyone when I can help it because that is the way I like it..
I will get a ticket as you suggested through my mate who is registered but you see my point?

I'd imagine you give information about yourself to the people who supply you with gas and electricity. If you want their sevices, thats what you have to do. Hibs are no different, especially when you know why they ask for this information. I actually dont see your point at all.:confused:

Ray_
23-12-2009, 08:02 AM
:singing: "We'll support you ever more!!" :singing:

Please Note, This isn't the case if any of the following apply ;

If it's too cold

It's during the festive period

The big bad Huns are at ER and will be singing their nasty songs

The mother in law is coming round for afternoon tea

It's a early kick off

And

We're not playing well..

"We'll support you ever more!!" Sadly for far too long the board took that view and that's why our history is littered with crap crowds & crap teams. Its not just the attendance records from throughout the years that prove it, our trophy haul over the last fifty years will also pay testimony to that one as well, as Hibs record is absolutely disgusting for supposedly being one of Scotland’s top sides. Thankfully, our neighbour’s record isn’t a great deal better, although it is better.

The board knew that without intervention or crowds were going to fall away sharply this season & thankfully they got the message and done something about it & I applaud them for doing so. You have to be very naive to think that just because you are a football team, you are entitled to custom, especially nowadays, with so many alternatives available to, at times, sitting in a freezing cold stadium watching dross.

Again historically, it always takes the Hibs crowd far longer to come back than it does for them to go away. An example, back at the start of the seventies, having witnessed Stein depart around fifteen month earlier, the fans then saw Marinello & Cormack being sold within four months of each other & more importantly, as a result, the performances dropped & so did the crowds. Even although ET came in and with the help of the youngsters such as Onion, Shades & Sodjer coming through and three masterful signings, transforming our team, it took a long time for the crowds to come back.

The day I noticed a significant difference in the crowd size, was the day I believe even more significant to that teams demise than Splt away. A few days after the 7-0 game, we played East Fife and we had 17k at the game, at gate of that size just didn’t happen, [to steal a modern phrase], at non class A games. Sorrowfully, events on the field, transpired to change our season and the rest, as they say, is history.

joe breezy
23-12-2009, 09:30 AM
I just tried to buy a ticket over the phone but I'm not allowed as I'm not on the database (I live in London and haven't bought a ticket in the last year).

Anyone know if it will be okay for my dad to go to the ticket office in person this afternoon and buy them or will he be banned as well as he won't be on the database either?

Ironically I'm on all the other databases as I still get direct mail and catalogues sent...

Barney McGrew
23-12-2009, 09:31 AM
I just tried to buy a ticket over the phone but I'm not allowed as I'm not on the database (I live in London and haven't bought a ticket in the last year).

Anyone know if it will be okay for my dad to go to the ticket office in person this afternoon and buy them or will he be banned as well as he won't be on the database either?

Ironically I'm on all the other databases as I still get direct mail and catalogues sent...

Did you use the Ticketmaster number or the direct one to the ticket office?

joe breezy
23-12-2009, 10:08 AM
Did you use the Ticketmaster number or the direct one to the ticket office?

The Ticketmaster one, the direct one to the ticket office has been busy all morning, think my dad's going to go down later and hopefully they may still have the old databases there...

Barney McGrew
23-12-2009, 10:10 AM
The Ticketmaster one, the direct one to the ticket office has been busy all morning, think my dad's going to go down later and hopefully they may still have the old databases there...

Tciketmaster are as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Keep trying the direct line, I'm sure they'll sort it if you get through to them :aok:

cockneymike
23-12-2009, 10:19 AM

To be fair, I'm the same as you, on the old database but not on the new, and they allowed me to buy a ticket, and I just have to turn up and collect it on the day, or in advance (this is for the derby), this was through ticketmaster. When i called the ticket office was closed for the day, this was a few weeks ago now, but it didn't seem to be too big of a deal. All in all they were pretty accommodating.

CorrieHibs
23-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Which is why they had over 9,000 there last weekend!

Is said when doing well and playing the old firm they sell

CorrieHibs
23-12-2009, 12:19 PM
And their average crowds prove this...I dont think! They have a bigger stadium and allow up to 6k away fans and still have smaller crowds. I would suggest its time to stop talking out yer erse and head back to kickback where you can live out your grand delusions of world cup stars,ww 1 victories and champions league wins. Leave us wee teamers to enjoy our "wee" run of success

24/01/2009
Aberdeen
0 - 0 (http://www.football.co.uk/match_reports/rangers_aberdeen_1204516.shtml)
Rangers (http://www.soccer.co.uk/scottish_premier/2008/rangers.shtml)
Murray, C (javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$BodyPlaceHolder$ct lTeamsMatches$grdMatches$ctl17$lbReferee',''))

27/12/2008
Aberdeen
1 - 0 (http://www.football.co.uk/match_reports/hearts_aberdeen_1204262.shtml)
Hearts (http://www.soccer.co.uk/scottish_premier/2008/hearts.shtml)
Brines, I (javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$BodyPlaceHolder$ct lTeamsMatches$grdMatches$ctl21$lbReferee',''))

Aberdeen attendances last year against hearts more than Hibs got and more against Rangers.

Barney McGrew
23-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Aberdeen attendances last year against hearts more than Hibs got and more against Rangers.

Maybe because Easter Road couldn't hold a crowd over over 18k?

marinello59
23-12-2009, 12:33 PM

Backtracking now from your sell out comments?

Maybe because Easter Road couldn't hold a crowd over over 18k?

Ringothedog
23-12-2009, 12:38 PM
24/01/2009
Aberdeen
0 - 0 (http://www.football.co.uk/match_reports/rangers_aberdeen_1204516.shtml)
Rangers (http://www.soccer.co.uk/scottish_premier/2008/rangers.shtml)
Murray, C (javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$BodyPlaceHolder$ct lTeamsMatches$grdMatches$ctl17$lbReferee',''))

27/12/2008
Aberdeen
1 - 0 (http://www.football.co.uk/match_reports/hearts_aberdeen_1204262.shtml)
Hearts (http://www.soccer.co.uk/scottish_premier/2008/hearts.shtml)
Brines, I (javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$BodyPlaceHolder$ct lTeamsMatches$grdMatches$ctl21$lbReferee',''))

If our stadium held 22000 as pittodrie does and you give the away fans 6000 seats as Aberdeen do then I am extremely confident that we would get crowds as big as theirs. Size of stadium matters ye cannae fit 20000 people into a stadium that holds 17500

CorrieHibs
23-12-2009, 12:53 PM
If our stadium held 22000 as pittodrie does and you give the away fans 6000 seats as Aberdeen do then I am extremely confident that we would get crowds as big as theirs. Size of stadium matters ye cannae fit 20000 people into a stadium that holds 17500

Lets us drop this it started as a joke and i've went to far. I would like to apologise to everyone that has been offended.
We should be united together and cheer on our beloved Hibs against the current buns on sunday. Cmon the cabbage.

SmashinGlass
23-12-2009, 01:03 PM
Complete change of subject but does anyone think the game might be at risk of falling foul of the weather?

I know the forecast is that the snow will ease off, but if it doesn't I think we might not even need to worry about the attendance for now.

Spike Mandela
23-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Complete change of subject but does anyone think the game might be at risk of falling foul of the weather?

I know the forecast is that the snow will ease off, but if it doesn't I think we might not even need to worry about the attendance for now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/5?&search=edinburgh&itemsPerPage=10&region=world

:hmmm:

dangermouse
23-12-2009, 01:09 PM

Snow is starting to melt (although more forecast for tomorrow) and sunshine for Friday and Saturday should allow approaches to the stadium and the stadium to be cleared of snow so I'd be mighty surprised if the game was called off.

However, if we have replaced the undersoil heating boiler with one from Motherwell, the game may be in doubt. :wink:

Barney McGrew
23-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Tickets for the Huns game are now no longer available to buy online.

Looks like it may have sold out :thumbsup:

GreenCastle
23-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Sky Sports News had pictures from the stadium today.

Snow on pitch but didn't look that bad - not sure when they turn the undersoil heating on ?

Though if it melts...then could be very damp - depending on drainage.

They showed people around stadium working hard to clear snow around walk ways etc.

Peevemor
23-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Sky Sports News had pictures from the stadium today.

Snow on pitch but didn't look that bad - not sure when they turn the undersoil heating on ?

Though if it melts...then could be very damp - depending on drainage.

They showed people around stadium working hard to clear snow around walk ways etc.

They'll leave the snow as long as possible as it insulates the ground against frost.

joe breezy
23-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Tickets for the Huns game are now no longer available to buy online.

Looks like it may have sold out :thumbsup:

There are hardly any, my dad just got 2 and it was only a few in the East that was left so looks like we will sell oot after all :thumbsup:

Barney McGrew
23-12-2009, 02:19 PM
looks like we will sell oot after all :thumbsup:

We were always going to. People were just getting their panties in a bunch worrying about it IMO :greengrin

Golden Bear
23-12-2009, 02:30 PM
They'll leave the snow as long as possible as it insulates the ground against frost.

However these days Health & Safety issues are also a factor. For instance if it's considered that there is a major safety risk to fans in travelling to the game then a match can be called off even although the pitch itself is in perfect condition.

The days of fans making their own minds up are sadly gone I'm afraid.

joe breezy
23-12-2009, 02:30 PM
We were always going to. People were just getting their panties in a bunch worrying about it IMO :greengrin

and a fair few yam fuds would have been getting excited too

joe breezy
23-12-2009, 02:31 PM

However these days Health & Safety issues are also a factor. For instance if it's considered that there is a major safety risk to fans in travelling to the game then a match can be called off even although the pitch itself is in perfect condition.

The days of fans making their own minds up are sadly gone I'm afraid.

Indded the spirit of self responsibility seems to reside in the Netherlands but not here

Judas Iscariot
23-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Lets us drop this it started as a joke and i've went to far. I would like to apologise to everyone that has been offended.
We should be united together and cheer on our beloved Hibs against the current buns on sunday. Cmon the cabbage.

Backtracking now you've been "Outed" aye :cool2:

PaulSmith
23-12-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm sure the Hearts fan who posted on follow follow that it was shocking that Hibs couldn't sell out their allocation for this game now re-edits his post.

Barney McGrew
23-12-2009, 02:36 PM
and a fair few yam fuds would have been getting excited too

They should maybe be getting a bit more excited about the fact they haven't managed to sell their allocation for the 3rd January yet

After all, it would be really embarassing for a really really big team like them to fail to sell 3500 tickets for a new year derby. Especially as how they like to bleat on about how their support is bigger than ours :wink:

CorrieHibs
23-12-2009, 02:51 PM
Backtracking now you've been "Outed" aye :cool2:

Not at all it was just a wind up.

Dashing Bob S
23-12-2009, 02:54 PM
They should maybe be getting a bit more excited about the fact they haven't managed to sell their allocation for the 3rd January yet

After all, it would be really embarassing for a really really big team like them to fail to sell 3500 tickets for a new year derby. Especially as how they like to bleat on about how their support is bigger than ours :wink:

I now know two groups of Hibs fans (a four and a five) who have been to the PBS with a Yams data to buy tickets for the South.

I think we should try and help them, cause they'll never do it on their own.

Sad, small and deluded.

joe breezy
23-12-2009, 02:59 PM
I now know two groups of Hibs fans (a four and a five) who have been to the PBS with a Yams data to buy tickets for the South.

I think we should try and help them, cause they'll never do it on their own.

Sad, small and deluded.

This is how it feels to be Jam Tarts, This is how it feels to be small
This is how it feels when your team means nothing at all (nothing at all, nothing at all)

:lolyam:

The Baldmans Comb
23-12-2009, 04:11 PM

You do have rather a disgusting past yourself which involved being banned from other Hibs websites for your abuse of priests and/or your abuse of catholics.

Your use of language and your set of British Unionist beliefs does seem identical to some of those who frequent Follow Follow the website of the supporters of 'Scotland's Shame'.

Sprouleflyer
23-12-2009, 04:27 PM

Cheers Tam :thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
23-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Perhaps we should change the title of this thread to "Looks Like The Huns Game Will Sell Out After All."

madhibby
23-12-2009, 04:55 PM
You do have rather a disgusting past yourself which involved being banned from other Hibs websites for your abuse of priests and/or your abuse of catholics.

Your use of language and your set of British Unionist beliefs does seem identical to some of those who frequent Follow Follow the website of the supporters of 'Scotland's Shame'.

I don't know very much about Corrie Greens political views but I wouldn't have thought it appropriate for you to suggest that anybody with British Unionist beliefs can't support the Hibees and should support the Huns?

British Unionist is usually used as a term of abuse for non SNP supporters?
Does that mean Labour, Tory and Liberal Democrats for some reason aren't welcome at Easter Road to support the Hibees?

My views are leave politics out of supporting the Hibees!

Barney McGrew
23-12-2009, 05:03 PM
If anyone wants to start a thread about political leanings, then you can do so on the board (http://www.hibs.net/message/forumdisplay.php?f=43) that was specifically designed for such discussions.

This board is for football talk, so let's get back on topic eh?

Dashing Bob S
23-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Thank you for that. More distressing news for our attendance obsessed pink pals.

Mikey
24-12-2009, 08:13 AM
I've just been on the phone to the ticket office to get my Irvine Meadow ticket.

The girl I spoke to estimated that there are about 150 tickets left for the Rangers game. There are still some seats together in the east but not many.

Sudds_1
24-12-2009, 08:24 AM

How many times have you seen a pagger at the opera, or the panto........

....same industry, different risks. :agree:

dangermouse
24-12-2009, 09:16 AM
I've just been on the phone to the ticket office to get my Irvine Meadow ticket.

The girl I spoke to estimated that there are about 150 tickets left for the Rangers game. There are still some seats together in the east but not many.

Just got my Irvine Meadow tickets as well. Tried to get them online but the option to add them to your season card was not there. Surprised the ticket office charged the booking fee, never done that with me before.

Kaiser_Sauzee
24-12-2009, 09:20 AM
How many times have you seen a pagger at the opera, or the panto........

....same industry, different risks. :agree:

Hmmm. (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6966553.ece) :greengrin

Sudds_1
24-12-2009, 09:22 AM
Hmmm. (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6966553.ece) :greengrin

hehehe :greengrin

sahib
24-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Just got my Irvine Meadow tickets as well. Tried to get them online but the option to add them to your season card was not there. Surprised the ticket office charged the booking fee, never done that with me before.

Funny that the wonderful East is always the last to sell out.

dangermouse
24-12-2009, 12:13 PM

Sorry, don't follow you? I sit in the West Lower.

the happy hibee
24-12-2009, 12:32 PM
That cant be right its the best part of the ground to be in and its best for atmosphere as we are always told must be some kind of mistake it must be the boring west thats not sold out:greengrin

...WentToMowAnSPL
24-12-2009, 12:48 PM
That cant be right its the best part of the ground to be in and its best for atmosphere as we are always told must be some kind of mistake it must be the boring west thats not sold out:greengrin

No it's because everyone wants to sit in the West to see everyone in the east stand enjoying themselves :greengrin

hibs0666
24-12-2009, 04:48 PM

She's been tugging your chain. Looking at the online ticketing you can get pretty much any number of seats together you want in the section next to the huns.

Going by that there is somewhere around 400-600 tickets still unsold and, although a big crowd is assured, a sell-out still looks pretty unlikely.

joe breezy
24-12-2009, 05:52 PM
All stands bar the East were sold out my dad was told, the game is on Sunday, I would have thought it should still sell out