PDA

View Full Version : Another great story from The Daily record

CorrieHibs
21-12-2009, 01:42 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2009/12/21/celtic-legends-larsson-nakamura-were-my-idols-claims-new-bhoy-ki-sung-yueng-86908-21913899/.

They really do love these stories.

Phil D. Rolls
22-12-2009, 07:58 AM
It's hard to work out what is sadder: the lack of imagination behind these stories; or, the fact that a large number of their fans will actually believe this guy is a tim through and through.

I'm surprised they didn't get the guy to pose wearing a kilt, that always gives me a chuckle when I see it. He'll be saying he has Irish grandparents next.

NB Hibby
22-12-2009, 10:26 AM
It's hard to work out what is sadder: the lack of imagination behind these stories; or, the fact that a large number of their fans will actually believe this guy is a tim through and through.

I'm surprised they didn't get the guy to pose wearing a kilt, that always gives me a chuckle when I see it. He'll be saying he has Irish grandparents next.

And he's been a Celtic supporter since he was a foetus! (Copyright Jonathan Watson)

JackRegan
22-12-2009, 02:49 PM

I actually think these stories is the DR's attempt at a piss poor parody, becuase no-one takes them seriously and very few Celtic fans buy the Record.

Moody Mulder
22-12-2009, 03:57 PM
I actually think these stories is the DR's attempt at a piss poor parody, becuase no-one takes them seriously and very few Celtic fans buy the Record.

Well at least we have something in common there Jack, every supporter from all Scottish clubs (outwith rangers) should never ever buy the DR again !!!

REAL SCOTS DON'T READ THE RECORD !!!!

Bob1875
22-12-2009, 03:58 PM
How sad are all the asian fans for turning up in Celtic tops. **** off and support a club ya muppets.

MSK
22-12-2009, 04:16 PM
How sad are all the asian fans for turning up in Celtic tops. **** off and support a club ya muppets.Sad ..?..would you be saying that if hibs had signed an asian ?...bloody good marketing if you ask me !!! :rolleyes:

Sergey
22-12-2009, 04:26 PM

I'm actually going to go against the grain here and say that there may actually be an element of truth in the article.

As someone who has travelled to Japan and SE Asia fairly extensively over the last 10-15 years, since the signing of Nakamura (and latterly Mizuno), Celtic received unprecedented coverage on TV. The national channel, NHK, runs a weekly European Football League show and Celtic usually got top billing. The CL coverage is the same.

Nakamura is also a huge media attraction and has numerous advertising contracts that rakes him in millions of Yen. Before the influx of a few South Korean players to the EPL, most SE Asian footballers would have looked at Nakamura as a roll model.

My 2 Yens worth.

Bostonhibby
22-12-2009, 04:29 PM
The article is absolute rubbish, I have just got back from the fishmonger, he is on the inside of most stories of this type, and he assures me that the man has always been a Ronnie Simpson fan. Pathetic journalism again.

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-12-2009, 05:27 PM
More baloney for the great unwashed, any bull to keep them happy

Brando7
22-12-2009, 08:16 PM
:yawn: