PDA

View Full Version : question

IanM
21-12-2009, 12:29 PM
completely hypothetical - however i was asking a few boys over the wknd what would they prefer to win this year - the league or the scottish cup?? - only 1 person said the league..

sambajustice
21-12-2009, 12:36 PM
completely hypothetical - however i was asking a few boys over the wknd what would they prefer to win this year - the league or the scottish cup?? - only 1 person said the league..

A boy (Yam) asked me last week, how does it feel not to have won the Scottish Cup in all that time, I said, I dont know a Hibby who is bothered about it. The only people bothered about Hibs not winning the Cup are the Yams. Most Hibby's I know just laugh about it!

I doubt anyone in their right mind would say they'd have the cup over the league. Its like saying, do you want £1m or £10m and choosing the £1m!

I have a feeling you're on the wind up!

IanM
21-12-2009, 12:40 PM
A boy (Yam) asked me last week, how does it feel not to have won the Scottish Cup in all that time, I said, I dont know a Hibby who is bothered about it. The only people bothered about Hibs not winning the Cup are the Yams. Most Hibby's I know just laugh about it!

I doubt anyone in their right mind would say they'd have the cup over the league. Its like saying, do you want £1m or £10m and choosing the £1m!

I have a feeling you're on the wind up!

haha no wind up - it was the end of a long wknd in the pub mind.. what i did find odd was no one said i want both!

Broken Gnome
21-12-2009, 01:32 PM

I would love that to be true, but it's clearly not....

Judas Iscariot
21-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Sniff

Billychaotic182
21-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Both :thumbsup:

uk3doorsdown
21-12-2009, 01:45 PM
would love to take the SPL title but it aint gona happen lets keep are sensible heads on

Big Frank
21-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Sniff

Oh 100% Number_10.:agree: You see they sneaked a very, very lucky win against 10 men yesterday.

3 points - attention immediately goes on the scottish cup.:rolleyes:

Yet there are Hibbies out there who actually feel sorry for them and their current plight. :bitchy::bitchy:

Yet a wee win, and all the tedious crap starts again.:brokenyam::protest::trumpet::dancer::jamboc low

Woody1985
21-12-2009, 02:07 PM
It would be the league every time.

Winning the league would boost the club massively from a financial point of view. That would then give you the platform to build the cup further, thefefore you'd end up with a stronger team on the park and more likely to win the SC.

Anyone (except us) can win the SC and it doesn't transform the club.

hfc rd
21-12-2009, 02:12 PM
It would be the league. The prospect of champions league football at the leith san siro.

Owain_1987
21-12-2009, 02:15 PM
To win the SPL would be the most amazing achievement in history for Hibs :greengrin Winning the Scottish cup would also be amazing but not the same as the SPL tittle come on Gretna, Queen of the South and Hearts have all been in the final in recent years. I WANT BOTH :greengrin

Sir David Gray
21-12-2009, 03:19 PM
As much as I would love to see Hibs finally win the Scottish Cup, if I had to choose then it would have to be the league title.

Lucky teams can win cup competitions but you need to be consistently good in order to win a league title.

You play against teams of similar strength to yourself every single week in the league so to come out on top after 38 matches is a massive achievement. Whilst I would not complain if we won the cup, two or three of your matches in that run could be against complete dross.

lucky
21-12-2009, 03:26 PM
League everytime. The league winners are the best side. That has to be what we all want to be. The SC will one day come. But in 30years following Hibs I never once thought we could win the league. But this season we have a wee chance however its a small chance