PDA

View Full Version : Build up to the Derby

sunshine1875
20-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Now that the Yams are on track for Europe and the Champions League, they will come out with the usual "we're going to gub you in the Derby" rubbish. I thought it would be good to record some of there messages in one post, what do you think?

Here are some for starters, from the Scotsman's website:

Ah it is nice to see our threads hobo free, they will all be spewing, thickos that they are, we actually done them a favour today. Our threads will hopefullyu remain hobo free this week following such a great result for us.

I still think we will catch and overtake the hobos we all know how badly they fade after the new year and we get stronger. I fancy us to go a winning running, Hibs and Utd aren't winning many games so think 3rd is still very realistic for us.

But winning a lot more games than Hertz!

Well done Hearts good three points.
Hope this is the start of us climbing the table for Europe and silverware.
Had a feeling the tics would need lots of hankies today and precicted it thou with a differnt score,
To all those who mocked on the threads last week hope you did not cry too much on your journies back to Glasgow and Leith.

Not too many yet as they are busy winding up the celtic fans, but they will start focussing in on us over the next few days.

--------
21-12-2009, 09:40 AM
Maybe we should be thinking about the two games we have before the derby?

More concerned about Rangers right now, especially since we won't have our best defender with us.

The Yams game'll come along in due course.

Baw187
21-12-2009, 09:54 AM
Hibs and Utd aren't winning many games so think 3rd is still very realistic for us.

Aye, 3 out of our last 4 games is a nightmare. :grr: Get yer act in gear Hibs.

:greengrin

As Doddie says tho, 1 game at a time. Leave the Yams to get themselves excited about their chances in the meantime.

sunshine1875
21-12-2009, 10:01 AM
From Scotsman mad-Yam kiwidoug

We've now got Aberdeen in our sights and Motherwell. After that it's Dundee Utd and then Hibernian. And two lovely, shiny cups which only look really good at Tynie.

Beware Hibees. In this tremendous run of yours you haven't beaten either of the OF. We have.

The future is looking distinctly maroon and white, particularly when Driver returns and our new striker starts to hit the target.

I think I can see a 3-1 victory to the mighty Jambos on Jan 3rd but will let you know for certain closer to the time. It could be 4 or 5-1. I just can't tell at this point.

I do know that we will be 3 points closer to everyone above us who loses by this time next week.

Dashing Bob S
21-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Perhaps the win over Celtic might persuade them to end their ER boycott and sell a few tickets for this derby they seem so confident of winning.

Hank Schrader
21-12-2009, 10:02 AM
If being a deluded Jambo stroker was an Olympic sport then Rolland would be a stick on for gold in 2012. The boys a dillusional trumpet who clearly has no clue about anything.

He probably still gets his Mum to tie his shoelaces for him.

Leithenhibby
21-12-2009, 10:02 AM
I :agree: with Doddie, we have bigger fish to fry at the moment.

The Hertz game will come round soon enough, but for now lets get the three points at home to the Huns and then away to the Saints..:wink:

Lots to do before the Yams arrive

sunshine1875
21-12-2009, 10:03 AM
As Doddie says tho, 1 game at a time. Leave the Yams to get themselves excited about their chances in the meantime.

You're sounding like a football manager/player. No, I want to remember all their daft predictions, so that we can laugh at them after the Derby, when (hopefully) we will beat them.

hibsbollah
21-12-2009, 10:05 AM
Some brokeback yam has this as their sig:rolleyes:

Sun,Jan 3/1/10,The day Hearts stopped the Hobos feeble title bid.

one win against 10man Celtc and they are unbeatable again:greengrin

Hank Schrader
We've now got Aberdeen in our sights and Motherwell. After that it's Dundee Utd and then Hibernian. And two lovely, shiny cups which only look really good at Tynie.

Beware Hibees. In this tremendous run of yours you haven't beaten either of the OF. We have.

The future is looking distinctly maroon and white, particularly when Driver returns and our new striker starts to hit the target.

I think I can see a 3-1 victory to the mighty Jambos on Jan 3rd but will let you know for certain closer to the time. It could be 4 or 5-1. I just can't tell at this point.

I do know that we will be 3 points closer to everyone above us who loses by this time next week.

How the hell did he manage to type that in his straitjacket? :confused:

What a helmet. :rolleyes:

rainman
You're sounding like a football manager/player. No, I want to remember all their daft predictions, so that we can laugh at them after the Derby, when (hopefully) we will beat them.

:agree:

Leave it to the professionals to take it one game at a time. It makes absolutely no difference how far the fans are looking ahead.

Mon Dieu4
21-12-2009, 10:08 AM
Gotta love them really, I mean their entire squad have only scored one more goal this season in the league than Stokes & Riordan combined :faf:

brydekirk
21-12-2009, 10:14 AM
Maybe we should be thinking about the two games we have before the derby?

More concerned about Rangers right now, especially since we won't have our best defender with us.

The Yams game'll come along in due course.

exactly, what happened to taking 1 game at a time.:agree:

blackpoolhibs
21-12-2009, 10:20 AM
If being a deluded Jambo stroker was an Olympic sport then Rolland would be a stick on for gold in 2012. The boys a dillusional trumpet who clearly has no clue about anything.

Velcro has been a fantastic invention for the underage yam mothers in Edinburgh.

Diclonius
21-12-2009, 10:25 AM

I like mine better.

Baw187
21-12-2009, 10:36 AM
:agree:

Leave it to the professionals to take it one game at a time. It makes absolutely no difference how far the fans are looking ahead.

Aye but the story unfolds 1 game at a time. We can talk all we want at the moment about how much keek the yams are talking and how we'll deal wi them, however, if we get horsed of Huns and Saints, and they somehow manage to pick up the points in the next 2 games, there's suddenly a totally different perspective to it.

I like to assess our chances given all the information to hand which means all the games we will have played prior to a match, otherwise, why don't we start talking about the match at Tynie on the 20th of March while were at it.

EskbankHibby
21-12-2009, 10:46 AM

They have used up a seasons worth of luck in the 2 games they beat Celtic, game at Parkhead was like the Alamo in the 2nd half and before the jambos scored their 2nd on Saturday against the run of play 10 man Celtic were putting them to the sword.

Classic jambo behaviour since then i have to say, last week they are going to protest, Csaba oot, Mad Vlad the anti-christ. They scrape a spawny win against Celtic and it's all european football and silverware again.

Diclonius
21-12-2009, 10:55 AM
I must admit life's just not the same with the Yams getting their theasauruses out again and desperately trying to prove themselves sophisticated and intellectual, whilst pathetically trying to cover up the fact that they have an irrational hatred for us that far exceeds any other 'normal' team rivalry. And if we hump them it'll be far, far sweeter.

Bring on the *****.

Phil D. Rolls
21-12-2009, 11:10 AM

It's a pity she couldn't spell check his posts as well.

joe breezy
21-12-2009, 11:12 AM
I avoid the Scotsman reports due to these neanderthals that post their pish

sunshine1875
02-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Have tried to find some comments by the Yams fans, but have really struggled over the last few days. Even though they are now winning, they obviously realise that they are still rubbish.

Exception being kiwidoug

The big game between respected clubs is at Easter Road on Sunday and I'm pretty sure Hearts are going to win it 4-1.

A friend of mine was telling me he had a great session in the pub on NY eve talking about nothing except football. The main discussion point was who is currently the most valuable player in Edinburgh.

The concensus was that it is Gonclaves with Driver as a close 2nd.

Are they right?

The sound of crashing has reached eardrum splitting proportions.

Is it because everyone except Hearts and rangers is crashing out of the Top 6? I know Hibs have already crashed and celtic crashed a bit after we thumped them, but it seems that Dundee Utd and M'well are crashing as well.

I just can't stand the noise.

I hadn't realised Hibs hadn't beaten any club in the Top 5. They'll never get into the Top 3 with a record like that.

Can't be bothered checking Hearts record in this regard but I know we have beaten one of the Top 5 teams twice and we are about to beat another of them.

How good is that???????????????

.Sean.
02-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Reading Kiwidoug's last comment, 'clutching at straws' immediately springs to mind