PDA

View Full Version : the Glasgow media

Part/Time Supporter
20-12-2009, 01:21 PM
reliably informed the Scottish football public last week that the title challenge of Dundee United and Hibs was "over" after both clubs drew away matches.

Will they make a similar statement about Celtic's challenge now?

:confused:

hibee_boy
20-12-2009, 01:27 PM
they are horrific. as much as i dislike hearts, it was nice to see those smelly weegies getting another hiding.

Baader
20-12-2009, 01:31 PM
Celtic looked dreadful. Lot of the ball from what I saw but finishing hopeless. Samaras just awful. Fans cannot be happy they are certainly not playing football anything like the same we were after Mowbray took over. I know they were down to 10 men but it's only Hearts FFS!!

weecounty hibby
20-12-2009, 01:41 PM
They will churn out the tired old message about Scottish football being rubbish, which IMO a load of bull****, and easy journalism.

Keith_M
20-12-2009, 01:45 PM
What you have to realise is that today was all part of the Scottish Establishment conspiracy to hand the title to Rangers.

What's the odds that the above sentence will be in the 'Fans Forum', or whatever it's called, in the DR tomorrow :wink:

Ferryhibby
20-12-2009, 01:51 PM
The wonderful weedgie press, we might not win the title but wouldnt it be great to see how far we can push them to see how many bull**** stories they can come up with to unsettle the team they've already hit us with zouma and riordan supposedly leaving, whos next Bamba,Stokes,Miller come the end of March/April if we're still there theyl b ****ting bricks that one of their beloved two may lose out on a top two place, of course they'l come out and say how good it is for scottish football that there's a challenge but the next page will be about how scottish football has hit an all time low,

Rasta_Hibs
20-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Yes this result today will piss Glasgow right off as they will have back track and say there is compitition for the title outwith the old firm.

Phil D. Rolls
20-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Celtic really need to be playing in a league where they wouldn't be out of place. Maybe there's a vacancy in the Vauxhall Conference?

After all if the wee team (aka Troubled Hearts) can beat them, they can't be very good.

weecounty hibby
20-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Does anyone think there will be a clamour from the meedja saying that really to go forward Hibs should be allowed to play in England?
Anyone? No, didn't think so

--------
20-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Does anyone think there will be a clamour from the meedja saying that really to go forward Hibs should be allowed to play in England?
Anyone? No, didn't think so

Not in the media, maybe, but I'd be very surprised indeed if the thought hadn't lodged in RP's cranium.... :devil:

banarc7062
20-12-2009, 05:32 PM
All the stories / comments that appear in the weegie press is not to unsettle us but to try and make the great unwashed believe that the are better than us. it is they who are disillusioned. 'mon Hibs and D Utd lets stuff it right up 'em. GGTTH:notworthy:

millarco
20-12-2009, 06:34 PM
In fairness the chat this week from what I could gather was that the Kilmarnock result was a blow; it put the OF a couple more points clear, and questions were raised over whether a title challenge could be maintained. It's the same question that has been debated over the last couple of months, and is a valid one. I genuinely think the media would prefer a title challenge from us or Dundee Utd. It would revitalise the game, creating a greater interest, and would spark a reaction from the OF.

And hardly a day goes by without Bougherra/Boyd/Davis/McGeady/Brown/Caldwell being linked with someone. Is this an attempt to unsettle them? Besides, I would expect more interest and speculation surrounding our players, as they would be in great form.

If we don't maintain a title bid it's because we're not good enough, not because of the media/referees/SPL etc.

WindyMiller
20-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Celtic really need to be playing in a league where they wouldn't be out of place. Maybe there's a vacancy in the Vauxhall Conference?

After all if the wee team (aka Troubled Hearts) can beat them, they can't be very good.

Driving home to-night Spoony on 606 kept calling them "lowly Hearts".

Definitely my preference.:thumbsup:

judas
20-12-2009, 08:58 PM
reliably informed the Scottish football public last week that the title challenge of Dundee United and Hibs was "over" after both clubs drew away matches.

Will they make a similar statement about Celtic's challenge now?

:confused:

To be honest, I don't think their information is exactly controversial.

Unless Hibs make a couple of top class signings in Jan, avoid injuries and hope that the OF don't, then there will be no title challenge.

I have been here before with Hibs. With better teams than this one.

Part/Time Supporter
20-12-2009, 09:05 PM
To be honest, I don't think their information is exactly controversial.

Unless Hibs make a couple of top class signings in Jan, avoid injuries and hope that the OF don't, then there will be no title challenge.

I have been here before with Hibs. With better teams than this one.

I don't either, I'm just making the point. Which is a point more than Celtic made today.

ScottB
20-12-2009, 09:14 PM
IF we manage to beat Rangers and Hearts, things will look very, very interesting, and will make the Old Firm match a crucial one for them in a very different way from normal...

joe breezy
20-12-2009, 09:16 PM
We're gonnae win the league :o) and I've got £20 on it, £2grand for me in May

Part/Time Supporter
20-12-2009, 09:17 PM
IF we manage to beat Rangers and Hearts, things will look very, very interesting, and will make the Old Firm match a crucial one for them in a very different way from normal...

The media should welcome it really, all they have to do is consider that shocking OF game at Celtic Park near the start of the year (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/7887492.stm) when both of them were happy with a draw. That was possibly the worst game I have ever seen. They can't do that if someone else is keeping them honest.

greenlex
20-12-2009, 09:18 PM
Only problem is they play each other before we play the Yams. :wink:

Sir David Gray
20-12-2009, 09:21 PM

One step at a time, we need to beat Rangers first and foremost and let's not forget about the match at McDiarmid Park which is sandwiched between the Rangers and Hearts games. That will not be an easy match by any manner of means as St Johnstone have already dumped us out of the League Cup at ER and did not deserve to lose 3-0 in the league game.

If we have any serious ambitions of finishing in the top two this year, we need to be winning that match.

ScottB
20-12-2009, 11:48 PM
One step at a time, we need to beat Rangers first and foremost and let's not forget about the match at McDiarmid Park which is sandwiched between the Rangers and Hearts games. That will not be an easy match by any manner of means as St Johnstone have already dumped us out of the League Cup at ER and did not deserve to lose 3-0 in the league game.

If we have any serious ambitions of finishing in the top two this year, we need to be winning that match.

Really if we have any chance we need to be winning the next 2 games, if not the 3 altogether. Rangers seem to be getting in stride, if we manage to beat them, then Celtic beat them that would throw a major spanner in their works going into the critical January period.

EasterRoad4Ever
21-12-2009, 05:31 AM
Hibs just need to concentrate on the next match and raking up as many points as they can. 3rd place would be a great achievement for Hibs. Anything better - even if the OF are weaker than they've been in years - would be an unbelievable feat.

Forget winning the SPL. Rack up the point as quickly and relentlessly as possible and see wheere that takes us.

joe breezy
21-12-2009, 05:39 AM
Celtc fud at my work last week was saying 'is that your bubble burst?' last week

I agreed humbly but will chuckle this morning.....

I don't really think we will win the league but competing is fun while it lasts

PaulSmith
21-12-2009, 06:43 AM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/scotland/article6963311.ece?

I'm delighted articles like this appearing in the press at the moment, this one basically asking if we're able to even finish third.

crewetollhibee
21-12-2009, 07:08 AM
I can remember the dodgy press that the Yams got, before Sir Albert of Kidd appeared. Was all about how their bottle would crash soon, eventually, whenever. Press were wetting themselves, and that was long before the riches were on offer from the Champion's League. That pair have now budgeted heavily for CL/Europa money, so yes; batton down the hatches my fellow Hibbies. It could be a long, sh*t-spinning Winter.

Danderhall Hibs
21-12-2009, 07:12 AM
In fairness the chat this week from what I could gather was that the Kilmarnock result was a blow; it put the OF a couple more points clear, and questions were raised over whether a title challenge could be maintained. It's the same question that has been debated over the last couple of months, and is a valid one. I genuinely think the media would prefer a title challenge from us or Dundee Utd. It would revitalise the game, creating a greater interest, and would spark a reaction from the OF.

And hardly a day goes by without Bougherra/Boyd/Davis/McGeady/Brown/Caldwell being linked with someone. Is this an attempt to unsettle them? Besides, I would expect more interest and speculation surrounding our players, as they would be in great form.

If we don't maintain a title bid it's because we're not good enough, not because of the media/referees/SPL etc.

:top marks Well said.

I see the conspiracy theorists are glossing over this post though.

oneone73
21-12-2009, 07:17 AM
I can remember the dodgy press that the Yams got, before Sir Albert of Kidd appeared. Was all about how their bottle would crash soon, eventually, whenever. Press were wetting themselves, and that was long before the riches were on offer from the Champion's League. That pair have now budgeted heavily for CL/Europa money, so yes; batton down the hatches my fellow Hibbies. It could be a long, sh*t-spinning Winter.

Even in an era when Aberdeen were winning the league regularly, and three years after Dundee Utd won it? I don't recall that, tbh.

marinello59
21-12-2009, 07:33 AM

:top marks

crewetollhibee
21-12-2009, 07:42 AM
Even in an era when Aberdeen were winning the league regularly, and three years after Dundee Utd won it? I don't recall that, tbh.
Oh they were. They saw Hertz as yet another intruder they could do without. Celtic scraped the league, they were delighted; Sourpuss arrived at Der Hun and normal service was resumed. (To this day !).

Big Frank
21-12-2009, 08:12 AM
The two "national" daillys are shocking. Yet their apologists state that it is just a numbers game and their coverage reflects the size of the supporters base of rantic:yawn:

I would wager your st middens, murderwells and, er :greengrin,hamiltons get more column inches than the capital clubs.

Supporters of other clubs should stay well clear and buy their local paper e.g EEN to keep abreast of their clubs news.

I ****in despise them!:grr:

Fife-Hibee
21-12-2009, 08:31 AM
The two "national" daillys are shocking. Yet their apologists state that it is just a numbers game and their coverage reflects the size of the supporters base of rantic:yawn:

I would wager your st middens, murderwells and, er :greengrin,hamiltons get more column inches than the capital clubs.

Supporters of other clubs should stay well clear and buy their local paper e.g EEN to keep abreast of their clubs news.

I ****in despise them!:grr:

Wonder what the EEN will be like when it moves through to the weege, which is soon to happen' so im led to believe, :grr:

steakbake
21-12-2009, 08:43 AM
Ive got a fiver on us to win the league - not much, but you know, it would buy the champagne.

I am happy for the weedgia to write us off all they like. If they were talking up our chances, I think that would put a huge amount of pressure on people. As it stands, we're still well under the radar on not considered a threat at all.

Dashing Bob S
21-12-2009, 08:57 AM

In this case I'd say it was perhaps more of an attempt to comfort and reassure them.

WindyMiller
21-12-2009, 09:03 AM
Wonder what the EEN will be like when it moves through to the weege, which is soon to happen' so im led to believe, :grr:

It's not exactly moving to the Weedge, it's just going to be printed in an automated plant on the M8 near Motherwell.

Moody Mulder
21-12-2009, 09:43 AM
I never buy or click onto the glasgow newspapers, full of brown nosed journalists.

Remember every time you click onto the sun or daily ******'s website their visitor count goes up and they can charge more for advertising space ........ why would anyone outwith the old firm want to promote either of these 2 provincial city rags ???

Mon Dieu4
21-12-2009, 09:54 AM
Absolute rags the lot of them, the other day I had a glance at one of Sun or Record cant remember which one, it was reporting about Riordans house going on fire, well the first few paragraph's were about that, the rest of the full page spread went on to detail about the Skacel incident, up town bans etc.

WTF did that have to do with the guys house going on fire?:grr:

Bad Martini
21-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Getting pissed off with this SPL nonsense. I think we should go and join some uber-braw-radge-European League, these glesgae teams are sheite and no really any significant problem any mair.

Furthermore, I think we should put in a silly wee bid for some of their better players and offer them a loan of our cheif bovril maker for the rest of the season in exchange.

And finally, we should tell Yogi to be as pretentious, obnoixous and arrogant as possible, ideally after a close, narrow win and be a complete tosser with all the media who may interview him.

Then, we can be like the best of the SPL eh?

Bunch ay bawbags. Yams or not, Im delighted celtic got turned over. I hope the huns get beat every time they play and nae mair so than our upcoming game with them.....Kevin Thomhuns puss if we turn them over - GIRFUY rangers and celtic....:thumbsup:

ENDOF

Horse
21-12-2009, 04:58 PM
they are horrific. as much as i dislike hearts, it was nice to see those smelly weegies getting another hiding.

Aye, I have to agree with that. For the first time in my life I actually wanted Hearts to win a game (I feel kind of dirty now). Having said that I wouldn't have lost much sleep if they had been humped either!