PDA

View Full Version : Hearts' unbeaten run at the start of the 2005-06 season.

Diclonius
20-12-2009, 03:02 AM
We've equalled it. :thumbsup:

AFKA5814_Hibs
20-12-2009, 03:24 AM
We are unbeat..., I think we'll leave that to them. :greengrin

Sprouleflyer
20-12-2009, 08:49 AM

Think we might be a bit short on their points total, don't think they drew as many games as us.

matty_f
20-12-2009, 09:55 AM

Can anyone remember how their run came to an end? :dunno:

HibbyAndy
20-12-2009, 09:57 AM

Put it this way, it was the best ever 'hibeesbounce' ive ever had the pleasure to be in :wink:

Barney McGrew
20-12-2009, 09:58 AM

It must have been a really lucky undeserved victory I would have guessed.

Probably as the result of an SFA referee inspired conspiracy :agree:

matty_f
20-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Put it this way, it was the best ever 'hibeesbounce' ive ever had the pleasure to be in :wink:

It must have been a really lucky undeserved victory I would have guessed.

Probably as the result of an SFA referee inspired conspiracy :agree:

:hmmm:

So that it doesn't annoy any Yams, I really hope (after the huge faux pas of the '86 thread) that nobody finds any YouTube footage of that unbeaten run coming to an end.

Still, at least they've gone from strength to strength since then.:agree:

Barney McGrew
20-12-2009, 10:06 AM
So that it doesn't annoy any Yams, I really hope (after the huge faux pas of the '86 thread) that nobody finds any YouTube footage of that unbeaten run coming to an end.

It would be terrible if someone stooped so low

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXQ5GAQBxgI

WindyMiller
20-12-2009, 10:12 AM
To think that relegation haunted Hearts could, despite Romanov pumping in all that money and the World Cup stars they have on their books, drop from those heady heights to to-day's lowly position.

Who' have thunk it.

Sprouleflyer
20-12-2009, 10:14 AM
It would be terrible if someone stooped so low

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXQ5GAQBxgI

That is a great clip, even with the sound delay!!!:thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
20-12-2009, 10:32 AM
:hmmm:

Still, at least they've gone from strength to strength since then.:agree:

I'm sorry, but someone will have to explain the constant references to 86. What was all that about?

Killiehibbie
20-12-2009, 10:37 AM
I'm sorry, but someone will have to explain the constant references to 86. What was all that about?

I think hearts went on a long unbeaten run until it all fell apart at the end of that season.

matty_f
20-12-2009, 10:41 AM

I had this very same issue earlier this week, DBS.:agree: Dipped Flake made reference to it, IIRC, and that tipped my curiosity.

Watch this, for reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s

Apparently, their bottle went in the cup final a week or so later as well.

Twa Cairpets
20-12-2009, 10:42 AM

Happy to oblige Bob. This clip may go someway to explaining

1986 explained (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zynaPt5COmY)

Hibercelona
20-12-2009, 10:43 AM
I had this very same issue earlier this week, DBS.:agree: Dipped Flake made reference to it, IIRC, and that tipped my curiosity.

What do you know. You learn something new every day eh. :wink:

Barney McGrew
20-12-2009, 10:50 AM
IApparently, their bottle went in the cup final a week or so later as well.

You'd never believe that was the case, but it's true. For reference purposes only, here's a preview of that cup final and also the goals scored in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awpKBTmGV1g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pGkVGGMFEs&feature=related

I'm sure our pink friends won't mind, after all it's a long time ago and I'm sure time is a great healer.

Dashing Bob S
20-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Many thanks for putting me in the picture, folks. I'll try to be a little more tolerant and understanding around my pink pals in future. All that hurt and pain, who'd have thought it? i mean, it's not like they appear particularly traumatised or bitter, is it?:fibber:

matty_f
20-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Many thanks for putting me in the picture, folks. I'll try to be a little more tolerant and understanding around my pink pals in future. All that hurt and pain, who'd have thought it? i mean, it's not like they appear particularly traumatised or bitter, is it?:fibber:

I think they're over it now. Let's face it, with a lofty league position like the one that they occupy now, it's hard to argue that they've not doing well.

I forget though, where exactly are they in the league just now?

Barney McGrew
20-12-2009, 11:12 AM
I forget though, where exactly are they in the league just now?

Seven places below where they finished in 1965, when they also lost the league on the last day of the season.

matty_f
20-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Seven places below where they finished in 1965, when they also lost the league on the last day of the season.

I imagine they still have a healthy points lead over us, though.

Barney McGrew
20-12-2009, 11:19 AM
I imagine they still have a healthy points lead over us, though.

Aye, they're ahead of us by minus eighteen points. They're going down, and we're never going to be able to challenge them to do that.

They're moving on to a different level again.

PISTOL1875
20-12-2009, 07:13 PM

Tell me about it , I had 2-0 and Boozy first scorer.. £20 @ 18/1.. God only know where that Saturday night went....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

cockneymike
21-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Anyone ever noticed how Sir Albert's 2nd is a bit like Russell's in the 6-2?

Starts by beating a couple of players coming from the right, plays a 1-2, get in behind the defense and hits it first time past the keeper! Wonderful! :greengrin

MB62
21-12-2009, 03:26 PM

I just never get tired of watching that great day and I will happily take that memory to the grave with me.

Sir Albert Kidd (Bobby Ball) Hibernian Legend :thumbsup:

Simkin911
21-12-2009, 10:22 PM
It was an incredible, highly charged atmosphere at ER that day. I stood on the East Terracing listening to the Celtic scoreline coming through... meanwhile no score from Dens.

Then, suddenly, we hear Kidd has scored (and I think most around me were thinking Walter Kidd rather than Albert). When the second goal went in I doubt the terracing has ever celebrated "harder" than they did that day. I swear, the players stopped playing and turned round to watch the fans.

We lost 1-2 that day but it was all rather irrelevant. I am proud to say I was dancing on the terracing on the day the Jambos blew the opportunity to take home the title. :faf:

And it only got better to see them all greetin !! :dummytit:

WindyMiller
21-12-2009, 10:50 PM
It was an incredible, highly charged atmosphere at ER that day. I stood on the East Terracing listening to the Celtic scoreline coming through... meanwhile no score from Dens.

Then, suddenly, we hear Kidd has scored (and I think most around me were thinking Walter Kidd rather than Albert). When the second goal went in I doubt the terracing has ever celebrated "harder" than they did that day. I swear, the players stopped playing and turned round to watch the fans.

We lost 1-2 that day but it was all rather irrelevant. I am proud to say I was dancing on the terracing on the day the Jambos blew the opportunity to take home the title. :faf:

And it only got better to see them all greetin !! :dummytit:

I'm sure that's what was originally announced and then corrected.

Storar
22-12-2009, 12:37 AM
All the more reason for us to 'believe' we can do damage this season:partyhibb