PDA

View Full Version : Chris Hogg

Pretty Boy
19-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Just a word of praise for our captain today. Wasn't bullied by that fud Lee Miller, made a few really good tackles with men running at him and won almost everything in the air.

Also after Maka had his daft 5 minutes with a couple of dodgy kick outs he clearly had a quiet word and told him to calm down and keep the head. What a good captain should be doing IMO, not going over the top but just encouraging a teammate.

Whilst theres no doubting Bamba is the fans favourite, and rightly so, i think we should be remembering the part Hogg has played in our defensive improvement.

Fifer
19-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Just a word of praise for our captain today. Wasn't bullied by that fud Lee Miller, made a few really good tackles with men running at him and won almost everything in the air.

Also after Maka had his daft 5 minutes with a couple of dodgy kick outs he clearly had a quiet word and told him to calm down and keep the head. What a good captain should be doing IMO, not going over the top but just encouraging a teammate.

Whilst theres no doubting Bamba is the fans favourite, and rightly so, i think we should be remembering the part Hogg has played in our defensive improvement.
:top marks

Expecting Rain
19-12-2009, 08:27 PM

I`ll wait till after the Rangers game before passing judgement on the captain, i hope to god we don`t suffer from losing Bamba for that game!

TornadoHibby
19-12-2009, 10:23 PM
I`ll wait till after the Rangers game before passing judgement on the captain, i hope to god we don`t suffer from losing Bamba for that game!

Assume you weren't there today then!? :cool2:

marinello59
19-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Man of the match for me today.

Sir David Gray
19-12-2009, 10:32 PM
I wasn't at Rugby Park last week but that's been the last three matches where I have been extremely impressed by Hogg.

Well done Hoggy, keep it up! :thumbsup:

Shrekko
19-12-2009, 10:54 PM
Assume you weren't there today then!? :cool2:

I'm sure a lot of folk will find it difficult to give credit where it's due having pinned their colours to the mast previously.

I'm also sure that once Hogg has a poor game though 1 or 2 will be lining up to 'pass judgement'.

He had a pretty dodgy start to the year but it would be ridiculous to even suggest that EVERY one of our regular goalies/defenders havent made consistently good contributions in the past couple of months.

trev the hat
19-12-2009, 11:08 PM
i think hogg has benefited hugely by having murray along the back line in recent months and with the increasingly impressive wotherspoon and bamba in fine form have been the platform for this squad of talented midfield and front men to flourish and long may it continue to put an ever increasing spring in my 39yr old step.:thumbsup:

Sergio sledge
20-12-2009, 12:40 AM

So if he has a good game against rangers we'll see a thread started by you in praise of Hogg then? Aye right.... You'll probably say "I'll wait till after the gerard game to pass judgement on the captain." why don't you save us all the bother and admit you've made your mind up on him and no matter how well he plays you'll always see him as an "average player."

Hogg has recovered from a poor start to the season, and has become an integral part of the joint best defence in the league who have kept numerous clean sheets this season. You can really see him growing into the captains role too IMHO.

Keep it up Chris, you're doing great.

Hainan Hibs
20-12-2009, 12:52 AM
Hogg was terrific today I thought.

People go on and on about our forwards, and rightly so, but our defence has to get huge credit for the defensive record we have this season.

Judas Iscariot
20-12-2009, 01:28 AM
Hopefully he's recovered from the early season gashness..

Keep it up Hoggy..

Much work still to be done though :agree:

Expecting Rain
20-12-2009, 08:27 AM
So if he has a good game against rangers we'll see a thread started by you in praise of Hogg then? Aye right.... You'll probably say "I'll wait till after the gerard game to pass judgement on the captain." why don't you save us all the bother and admit you've made your mind up on him and no matter how well he plays you'll always see him as an "average player."

Hogg has recovered from a poor start to the season, and has become an integral part of the joint best defence in the league who have kept numerous clean sheets this season. You can really see him growing into the captains role too IMHO.

Keep it up Chris, you're doing great.

My judgement is based on my opinion which you`ll be glad to know is not definitive and doesn`t reflect the majority or minority of Hibs supporters, i`m perfectly happy for Hibs to be in the position they are on the collective efforts of all those involved, i just happen to think some players are more influential than others and the Rangers game will be a much better test than what has gone before, for the record i think Hogg has improved since his stuttering start to the season, if he has a solid game next week i won`t be starting a thread, i`m sure lots of his fans will do that for me and that is their prerogative but i`ll be joining in and hopefully it will be on the back of a victory and a decent performance from the present captain.

hibsbollah
20-12-2009, 08:41 AM
I'm sure a lot of folk will find it difficult to give credit where it's due having pinned their colours to the mast previously.

:agree: This seems to be a feature of hibs.net, and probably explains the Maka hysteria. Some people just cant admit to it when their predictions arent always 100% right:confused: Its not a sin to be wrong occasionally...

Expecting Rain
20-12-2009, 08:52 AM
:agree: This seems to be a feature of hibs.net, and probably explains the Maka hysteria. Some people just cant admit to it when their predictions arent always 100% right:confused: Its not a sin to be wrong occasionally...

Everybody has their favourites and scapegoats but there is a flip side to criticism for example a player who has been playing poorly has an average game and suddenly his performance has been elevated to brilliant, on the subject of Maka i can see both sides of the argument, it is not the fans who have been guilty of his catalogue of mistakes in the past and it is up to every player to prove his critics wrong, i don`t think people are making predictions on how a players career is going to materialise but merely passing comment on what they`ve seen rightly or wrongly, all in my very humble opinion of course.

cannastar
20-12-2009, 09:28 AM
great to see hoggy get praise on here.i posted previously for fans to encourage our players who were struggling earlier in the season rather than be on their backs. hogg and nish were the two who were suffering but look at it now, both raised their game to the level of the rest of the team.patience as yogi realises is the key to the progress of the gelling of the team which both players now look the correct selections in these positions.long may they continue their good run of form along with all our other lads.:notworthy:

Dashing Bob S
20-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Hogg was handed the captaincy, and it seemed too much for him. He was dropped and responded brilliantly, coming back better than ever and looking like a captain.

JDanielR1875
20-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Hogg was amazing today hope he keeps up that kind of performances in the future!!

Kaiser1962
20-12-2009, 11:23 AM

:top marks

Hogg has stepped up to the mark (after a slow start) after the departure of Jones and has taken the mantle of team captain seriously. Look at the skippers at Tynie and then measure Hogg's conduct (on and off the park) against that of either Zaliukis or Stewart and I know who I would have. A quiet word with a team mate or a hissy fit, getting sent off and landing on your arse on national TV? No contest. Hats off to Yogi as he saw the attributes of our defensive line when all we wanted was a clone of Jones and mumped when we didn't get it.

Franck is God
20-12-2009, 11:37 AM
The whole back four was excellent yesterday and I'd find it difficult to single just one of them out for praise as they all played extremely well. The communication was good between them all and they encouraged each other throughout.

Hoggy however is a great leader on the park and the 'quiet word' that he had with Maka was all that was needed after a couple of unusually poor kick outs.

Well done lads!

Judas Iscariot
27-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Normal service resumed today then :cool2:

matty_f
27-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Normal service resumed today then :cool2:

I don't actually think that Hogg did much wrong today, despite the scoreline.

hibee_girl
27-12-2009, 09:49 PM

:agree:

hibsbollah
27-12-2009, 09:58 PM

Quite right:agree: Had a good game again.

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-12-2009, 09:58 PM
I thought he was ****** personally, didn't look to clever at Boyd's goal and not worthy of the captains armband but having said that none of them were

Simkin911
27-12-2009, 11:06 PM
Hogg, marshalling the defence and captaining the team was more culpable than most today. As captain, he has extra responsibilities yet struggled to perform his own role today. IMHO he's a weak link in the team along with Maka.

That's not to say he's shouldn't play just I think he's a squad player. I'd add that I think he's significantly weaker player than most other centre halves in the top 6 of the league.

Quite honestly if we can't get better centre halves in at the club then we'll struggles to improve.... and this is after all what is is we're aiming to do.

Together with some goalkeeping challenge and some height in the team (options up front especially) then we could push on quite a bit further.

Judas Iscariot
27-12-2009, 11:11 PM

I thought he was crap..

Watch the 4 goals back closely..

Hogg should have done better at all 4 IMO!

Caught napping for the 1st, had the 1st chance to empty the ball at the Huns 2nd goal and then left Boyd unmarked, questionable positioning for the 3rd and 4th goals..

Hogg, along with Maka and Rankin, stick out like sore thumbs in this Hibs team as the guys who just blatently aren't good enough and that's why they're made out as "Scapegoats" everyweek as they're performences aren't anywhere up to the standard of the rest of the team..

Ed De Gramo
27-12-2009, 11:14 PM
I thought he was crap..

Watch the 4 goals back closely..

Hogg should have done better at all 4 IMO!

Caught napping for the 1st, had the 1st chance to empty the ball at the Huns 2nd goal and then left Boyd unmarked, questionable positioning for the 3rd and 4th goals..

Hogg, along with Maka and Rankin, stick out like sore thumbs in this Hibs team as the guys who just blatently aren't good enough and that's why they're made out as "Scapegoats" everyweek as they're performences aren't anywhere up to the standard of the rest of the team..

Thought Hogg and Rankin both put in a better shift than Deek...yet he escapes your criticism :hmmm:

Houchy
27-12-2009, 11:20 PM
Whole defence was a shambles today. I think with the early goal, the team thought they were Brazil and fannied about with it when it should have just been launched into row Z. I suppose it's easy to say with hindsight though and if we pulled it off we'd be raving about how easy we made it look. Fact is though, we never pulled it off and looked amateurish at the back.

Simkin911
27-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Whole defence was a shambles today. I think with the early goal, the team thought they were Brazil and fannied about with it when it should have just been launched into row Z. I suppose it's easy to say with hindsight though and if we pulled it off we'd be raving about how easy we made it look. Fact is though, we never pulled it off and looked amateurish at the back.

I totally agree and so I watched Hogg closely to see how he, as captain, marshalled the team and especially the defence. The guy is simply not leading the back 4, nevermind the entire team.

Personally, he'd improve further himself playing with a real leader who can direct him.

Hainan Hibs
27-12-2009, 11:49 PM
I thought Hogg was pretty Single Fish today, along with the rest of the defence.His positioning and marking were horrendous. Bad day at the office for the entire team though.

Austinho
28-12-2009, 02:42 AM
Thought it was fair at the time – but looking at the highlights, he made an awful challenge on Miller, and was very lucky not to give away a penalty as well.

Pretty Boy
28-12-2009, 02:49 AM
I started this thread after Pittodrie but i will admit Hogg was gash today.

That does not take away from the fact he was brilliant last week and the previous few weeks and is generally much improved this season.

The tin hat is ready though....

YetholmHibee
28-12-2009, 02:56 AM
I totally agree and so I watched Hogg closely to see how he, as captain, marshalled the team and especially the defence. The guy is simply not leading the back 4, nevermind the entire team.

Personally, he'd improve further himself playing with a real leader who can direct him.

There was only one defender on the pitch today - and he acted like he was the captain today!!!!

Giving Rankin & Maka pelters on the pitch - whether is was justified or not.

Hogg is not good enough - does a year make a difference. I dont think so.

Judas Iscariot
28-12-2009, 07:56 AM
Thought Hogg and Rankin both put in a better shift than Deek...yet he escapes your criticism :hmmm:

This is a thread about Chris Hogg..

I've commented on Riordan on a thread about Riordan..

"They both put in a better shift!" Ah the old "he tries hard" line!

As I said, watch the 4 goals back and concentrate on Hogg, as our recognised centre half and captain he really didn't cover himself in glory!

I don't think Rankin did a thing of note today, again, apart from float around like a left footed Brian Kerr!!

At least they try hard and give their all though..

Maybe if you say "I'll sit in a bath of beans if Riordan leaves us again!" you'll now get what you want this time around..

Fickle.com

Simkin911
28-12-2009, 09:44 AM
There was only one defender on the pitch today - and he acted like he was the captain today!!!!

Giving Rankin & Maka pelters on the pitch - whether is was justified or not.

Hogg is not good enough - does a year make a difference. I dont think so.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be obtuse but I'm trying to work out if you're saying that was indeed Hogg or someone else - for example - Bamba?

There was perhaps 10,000 people (or more!) in the stadium giving Maka pelters - that doesn't make any of us captains.

Judas Iscariot
28-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Sorry, I'm not trying to be obtuse but I'm trying to work out if you're saying that was indeed Hogg or someone else - for example - Bamba?

There was perhaps 10,000 people (or more!) in the stadium giving Maka pelters - that doesn't make any of us captains.

I think he's talking about Bamba..

lapsedhibee
28-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Thought it was fair at the time – but looking at the highlights, he made an awful challenge on Miller, and was very lucky not to give away a penalty as well.
Do you mean when Miller dived in the first half? :dunno:

Simkin911
28-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Do you mean when Miller dived in the first half? :dunno:

From the highlights it looked to me like Hogg made zero contact with the ball but did manage to stand on Miller's foot. Therefore, Miller may have made the most of it but Hogg did play the man rather than the ball.

Hibs Spain
28-12-2009, 10:43 AM
I started this thread after Pittodrie but i will admit Hogg was gash today.

That does not take away from the fact he was brilliant last week and the previous few weeks and is generally much improved this season.

The tin hat is ready though....How did Maka play at pittodrie?

Expecting Rain
28-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Bamba, Miller and Stokes look like Hibs players, Hogg, Rankin and Nish should be moved on asap.

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2009, 10:50 AM
How did Maka play at pittodrie?

He did what keepers should do that day, now yesterday.:faf: Have this, its a big shovel It will help with your hole digging.

Expecting Rain
28-12-2009, 10:52 AM
He did what keepers should do that day, now yesterday.:faf: Have this, its a big shovel It will help with your hole digging.

See threads 3,12 and 40 thats my lot on this subject.

Hibs Spain
28-12-2009, 10:53 AM
He did what keepers should do that day, now yesterday.:faf: Have this, its a big shovel It will help with your hole digging.How did Hogg play yesterday?

Judas Iscariot
28-12-2009, 11:53 AM
How did Hogg play yesterday?

Bad..

Not as bad as Makalamity mind you