PDA

View Full Version : Clinical stuff from the Hibs

hibs0666
19-12-2009, 07:36 PM
According to the BBC we had 3 attrmpts at goal and scored 2 today. Some finishing.

JE89
19-12-2009, 07:39 PM
According to the BBC we had 3 attrmpts at goal and scored 2 today. Some finishing.

The mark of a good team is taking the chances you get :agree::wink:

stubru59
19-12-2009, 07:44 PM

Yes, possession is only ever as good as what you do with it.

Chances can come and go, but the only ones that count are the ones that are put away.

Simple really, but hard to get right.

Toaods
19-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Years ago I had the pleasure of being a guest of a Celtic season ticket holder.

The reason I say pleasure is that at that time Jim McLean had moulded a fantastic team together at D.Utd.

They ripped Celtic apart with ease and could easily have hit 7 or 8 goals.

They had been slated by the media for being boring and defensive and all the usual rubbish about never lasting the season out to beat the Old Firm.

They were a hit on the break team and bloody great at it.

The difference was the solidity of every are of the team, by that I mean goalkeeper/ defence/ midfield/attack.

Solid throughout.

The secret was sticking tight as a team and retaining your players.

Of course one of the most vital components was luck, as we know all good teams get it.

We are a long way off that team but the foundations are there.

I wasn't convinced Yogi was the man for the job, results (deserved at this stage or not) say otherwise.

There will be personnel changes and our favourites will leave, if Yogi takes us on he must be fully committed when someone else comes sniffing along with a bigger money offer.

To that he must remain steadfast in maintaining the spirit within the camp and making changes when needed without worrying over who may become upset.

I hope he does it. :notworthy: